• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The "We lub Petra" Babble Thread! BABBLE THREAD [OT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

and why doesn't my signature show?????

I blame, in approximate order of guiltiness....

THE MODS !!!!!!

Anybody who actually understands how IRC works

My boss

and last, but not least.... All English people. :cursing:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

and why doesn't my signature show?????

I blame, in approximate order of guiltiness....

THE MODS !!!!!!

Anybody who actually understands how IRC works

My boss

and last, but not least.... All English people. :cursing:
Oy! don't you go blaming me!

How did you set your siggie in?

go to 'edit signature' then in the box 'edit signature' put in the image tags and url.
I think if you use the boxes underneath to upload a signature you still have to put it in the main box too.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
morning all

woke up with a headache and it doesn't seem to want to go away :(

C

Coppelia

Hello!

Rest well Petra, it should help against the cold and the headaches.

Just a little question... what's wrong with Wrong?
I went there today to kill some golems and get music stuff and see if the new musical scores are available, but there's only the executioner's spawn : executioner, evil mages/archmages, ogres, trolls and lizardmens. Where to you get your golems now? Exodus dungeon in Ilshenar? Not a very cool place where to hunt since BoS nerf...

S

Seasseragh

Just a little question... what's wrong with Wrong?
I went there today to kill some golems and get music stuff and see if the new musical scores are available, but there's only the executioner's spawn : executioner, evil mages/archmages, ogres, trolls and lizardmens. Where to you get your golems now? Exodus dungeon in Ilshenar? Not a very cool place where to hunt since BoS nerf...
Nothing is wrong with wrong :) It has been restored to it´s original spawn, before Blackthorns Revenge/3D. A good place for golems is Blackthorn´s castle in central Ilsh, near the Savage Village.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wrong was returned to its original spawn some time ago. Golems either Blackthornes place in Central Ilsh or between Honesty and Mistras. If you're lucky you can catch the gypsy camp at the bridge to Mistras and bank with them, or sometimes in the clearing a bit further North West.

Blackthorne's probably easiest, since you can bank with the static gypsies just through the tunnel.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wrong was returned to its original spawn some time ago.
Feel like I may be showing my age here, but didn't it 'originally' start out without those 'executioner' types - or is senility getting to me again and I'm imagining things...

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oy! don't you go blaming me!

How did you set your siggie in?

go to 'edit signature' then in the box 'edit signature' put in the image tags and url.
I think if you use the boxes underneath to upload a signature you still have to put it in the main box too.

testing, testing, testing......

*edit*

i've even got it centered! ;)

*edits the edit*

but it's not retroactive - how odd

C

Coppelia

Wrong was returned to its original spawn some time ago. Golems either Blackthornes place in Central Ilsh or between Honesty and Mistras. If you're lucky you can catch the gypsy camp at the bridge to Mistras and bank with them, or sometimes in the clearing a bit further North West.

Blackthorne's probably easiest, since you can bank with the static gypsies just through the tunnel.
I tried around Mistas but the spawn is broken :(
I killed all the jukas and golems of the surroundings and it doesn't respawn. I got a golem paragon but it didn't give much. I got 2 common tracks, but this is really not productive.
I'm going to have to go to Blackthorne's Castle, but I don't really like it. It's tight and the spawn is dense.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
try the smaller building to the south of the main block, controllers and golems only, plus you can lure them outside easily to have more room to manouver

W

Wishbone

Trying again :)

Ahh a quick raid across the Severn and all is restored.

U

ultima online

KAPOW im back and purplerer than eva! how is everyones?
questions for petra time!

i miss all my different avatars can we not have more than one again please?
can we also have more than one sig?
anyone got any purple stuffies or purple aos rose for me?
why is the purple emoticon a sad face :(?
where is the cake?
?????
profit!

K

Kiminality

When the temporary is over, you will be baked, and there will be cake.

U

ultima online

oh oh oh oh oh you just reminded me kimi! portal 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have the demo downloaded through steam because i have a geforce gfx card, but it keeps freezing up when ever i try to launch it :( s'no fairs!

K

Kiminality

Are you talking about "Portal: The First Slice"?
I couldn't find a Portal 2, and that's the only Portal-related demo on Steam (GeForce availability, too).
It's only a demo of Portal:(

U

ultima online

yes the first slice, i havnt been able to get past the loading screen on it so im unsure as to whats on it. have you? is it just a demo of the portal game (orange box version)?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These boards were only in testing before the crash, they don't have all the bells and whistles we're used to yet. Multiple siggies is something I've asked about and is being looked into. Not sure if he's doing multiple avatars too.

K

Kiminality

First Slice is just a demo of the original portal...
I've red conflicting things, and I can't really remember either of them, but I have a feeling it's the first 14 chambers.
With the package, you also get Peggle Extreme, which is fun. Something else. And, Half Life 2: Lost Coast.

Lost Coast is a tech demo. It is kind of supposed to fit into the bit in HL2 where you drive up the coast. But, they're just playing with what the engine can do.
It's really, really pretty, though.

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning all

Ultima Online, aye first slice is the demo of the Orange Box version (if you're in the UK www.thehut.co.uk were doing the orange box for about £15 not long ago*), from memory it's about half the levels (the ones before you get the full portal gun).

As for it not loading beyond the loading screen I think I had the same problem when I installed it for the first time and tried to run it on my machine (Vista 64bit), from memory the fix was to restart steam completely (if you've got any of the HL2 games/demos installed try running them as well).

Source/steam has a few bugs like that.

Portal is one of the most fun PC (or "normal" console) games i've played in ages, on a par with Mario Galaxy.

*One of the nice things about the Steam system is that you can buy the retail box versions of games and activate them on Steam ;)

U

ultima online

keke i already have the orange box for my ps3, if its only the demo i can get rid of it then, damn them for getting my hopes up and wasting my precious HD space.

as for the freezing i have recently replaced my gfx card since i kinda fried my old one and bought a nice new (cheap) betterer one off amazon, steam still wont work properly for me though, ohwell nvm *totters off to play gta IV*

U

ultima online

noes bables for over 24 hours?!?! whats going on?

oh and GOOD MORNING!

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know......shocking innit..................:mad:

and Afternoon.................:D

C

Calliope

Excuse me for butting in, babblers, but is there any way to get these forums to take me to the unread posts in a thread without wading through all the ones I read yesterday?

*Looks hopefully at Petra.*

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well, let's see.
the little blue arrow next to the last poster's name in a thread takes you to the last post.
You can set how many posts per page you want in your control panel, and you can 'subscribe' to threads you want to watch.
Does that help?
Keep in mind that these boards were set up in an emergency situation and don't have all the bells and whistles that we're used to, nor that we'll be able to get in the future once the current problems have been resolved.

U

ultima online

there is also the "view first unread" tab in the tools bar of the page, just under the "post reply" button at the top of the page, petra wouldnt of seen it though she is getting a bit old to see things, might need some stronger glasses petra! :p

C

Calliope

Ah, thankyou ultima! I'm getting a bit long in the tooth myself, so I didn't notice that!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
doh!
There's too many ways to do things on these boards, I haven't discovered them all yet.
I like 'live feed' though.

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning all

*looks at Avatar*

Yay...............Ta Nilrem

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Afternoon all

Sorry about it taking so long barian, I've saved it to 4 places this time (all properly named).

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No need to apologise my friend

Just grateful you could find it cos I couldn't

W

Wishbone

Da babble is weak, is it the rotten weather or because its a bank holiday? :cursing:

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This from the man with 6 posts.....................:wall:

Afternoon Wishy

:lick:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
g'morning people.

Raining cats and dogs here.
on the plus side it means I wasn't woken up by the darn pigeon that keeps using our chimney as an echo chamber.

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Afternoon all.

Petra at least you know that a pigeon isn't like a duck, and does indeed echo ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.