• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The "We lub Petra" Babble Thread! BABBLE THREAD [OT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Seasseragh

Good Morning - Seems this is gonna be less temporary than I hoped, so I finally gave in and registered, even it´s only a pale copy :D

C

Coppelia

Hello!

I didn't log for a few days and missed the launch of pub 52. I have two questions :
1. My faction blessed robe became grey and non-blessed. How can I find a new faction blessed robe ?
2. I have a lil' stock of planeswords & stuff, where are the NPCs to get the rewards? Are they gone?

S

Seasseragh

Hello!
2. I have a lil' stock of planeswords & stuff, where are the NPCs to get the rewards? Are they gone?
From UO-Herald:On Pub52
Turn-Ins
* Makiko the Samurai
o Turnins:
+ Ophidian Journals
+ Ophidian Orders
o Zento, Rokuon Cultural Center, 1st Floor
* Lozat the Numismatist
o Turnins:
+ Copper Shilling
+ Silver Crown
+ Gold Sovereign
o Britain (Trammel), East Britain Bank
* Calaid the Soldier
o Turnins:
+ Ophidian Rations
+ Slippery Snake Skins
o Britain (Trammel), North guard tower at Castle Britannia entrance
o Siege: Guard tower southwest of West Britain Bank
* Onoe the Soldier
o Turnins:
+ Cursed Artifacts
+ Magincia Rubble
+ Planesword
+ Planeshield
+ Staff of Pyros
+ Vorpal Blade
+ Magical Weapons (Power, Vanquishing, Mystic)
+ Ophidian Weapons (Power, Vanquishing, Mystic)
+ Berserker’s Scythe
+ Ophidian Berserker’s Bardiche
+ Invalis’s Burchete
o Britain (Trammel), South guard tower at Castle Britannia entrance
o Siege: Guard tower southwest of West Britain Bank
* Community collection box
o Located with Onoe the Soldier

K

Kiminality

Morning all...
Well, afternoon...
Cat's in heat, and I'm sleeping terribly :(

C

Coppelia

Argl!

I don't have enough points for sherry the mouse. Planeswords and planeshields give craps, power weapons not a lot and mystic weapons... I didn't have a lot.
As berserkers have always been impossible to hurt with my mage for some reason, I never got anything from them. The power and mystic weapons come from Despise invasion.
I missed the Ophidians, the rats, w/e...

So I decide to see if I can get more planeswords and planeshields at least. But there isn't anybody there. A few people attempt to get a few kills and are never seen again. There's a welcome comitee at the entrance.
And of course that's when I'm hit by the stupid auto-following mob bug.

Yeah I'm invisible, yeah it hits me if I go out of stealth. 70 dmg the hit, the kind of bug you appreciate the most. Funnily I use Gift of Life when in the Rift. But getting a rez with that weirdo stalker on my back...

K

Kiminality

For reasons not limited to babble, I'd like to take this opportunity to say:
Miss!
miss

Don't ask... It's enterily unrelated to anything in here :p

S

Seasseragh

I hope you´re doing better today, Coppelia. It´s somewhat busy at Moonglow atm.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
we got 'moods' I see. Wonder if I'll remember to change mine now and then.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nope, but if you're thinking of rations and snake skins they're on the normal ophidians. That's Terrathon keep, or just North West of Papua, or ophidian Lair.

The desert outside Ophidian lair is a good place to hunt them without getting overwhelmed.

K

Kiminality

Cat's still in heat...
Watched Cloverfield, last night... Mmm...
Thekid with a camera should have been eaten at the very start, and replaced with someone (anyone!) with better camera skills :p

C

Coppelia

Oh I think I'll go outside ophidian's lair and see how it's doing. It was not very practical before the changes to pet AI, but now it must be fine.

Cat's still in heat...
Watched Cloverfield, last night... Mmm...
Thekid with a camera should have been eaten at the very start, and replaced with someone (anyone!) with better camera skills :p
Better camera skills? You mean less shaking I guess. Because he manages to have very academic shots, while shaking. I don't think I would respect all the rules when recording such an emotional driven event.

Which reminds me... did you see "Rec"?
I think this is a great film, it works very well.

S

SilentFoxXy

Ophid lair= Fun, but need lots of patience...

Greaters can get overwhelmed too folks:)

See that little entrance bit= great place to hide

or, try skulking across the topper most bit and luring

Then, hit 50 of them, and hope for a Skin

no Skin...well should be at least some rations

10 swings and 5 dead matriachs later, still no skins, and rations what are they?

Goes back to luring 10 more....long way to 20,000 ding, dinners ready.;)

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ophid lair= Fun, but need lots of patience...

Greaters can get overwhelmed too folks:)

See that little entrance bit= great place to hide

or, try skulking across the topper most bit and luring

Then, hit 50 of them, and hope for a Skin

no Skin...well should be at least some rations

10 swings and 5 dead matriachs later, still no skins, and rations what are they?

Goes back to luring 10 more....long way to 20,000 ding, dinners ready.;)
Don't get me started. I must have killed thousands of Ophids in the past week...

K

Kiminality

Better camera skills? You mean less shaking I guess. Because he manages to have very academic shots, while shaking. I don't think I would respect all the rules when recording such an emotional driven event.
It was actually great camera work; I really enjoyed the film.
The complaint extends to most handheld camera footage I've seen, both real and cinematic (which is often more exaggerated, but with better coverage). Even in relatively calm scenes, the camera's always jiggling around like the operator's having a seizure...
I'm just projecting the constant neck-craning I was doing, when something awesome went out of frame.

I actually think watching it on a home screen gave a better effect than it would have had in the cinema, though.

Which reminds me... did you see "Rec"?
I think this is a great film, it works very well.
I've not seen it, but I'll look it up ;)

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
we got 'moods' I see. Wonder if I'll remember to change mine now and then.

....we also have some interesting new smilies. I'm probably going to overuse :drool: and :eek:

...we also have "friends", which will no doubt demonstrate that nobody here likes me

...but do we have a way to view threads in a "paged" format, as on the old boards? I haven't worked it out yet, and I'm starting to get peeved.

K

Kiminality

Check your control panel.
I seem to recall that this is paged, with something like 100 posts per page. UBB default was 25 (or 20... but I think 25).

Also, you can see who's visited your profile, and play the guessing game. Are they:
1.) Someone who likes you.
2.) Someone you've pissed off.
3.) Someone with an arbitrary motive.
I think I'm about 50/50 with the first 2, with a potential arbitrary.

I just watched the season 3 finale for Supernatural.
Good series.
Oddly, the main thing I've taken from that episode is; hell looks like the internet...
Could be my brain not firing on all cylinders, though...

S

SilentFoxXy

Morning everyone:)

Heres to another exciting day in Cove- Changes planned= usually about 7pm UK, monsters in Delucia and Nujelm...mark those runes, gird your loins and partyyyyy

Pub 53, next week, wow, and it took what 15 mths from pub 51 to pub 52....Cant wait,

Heres praying they fix FactionCrafting, and heres to TB actually talking to each other

Have fun....

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Afternnon all.

Kimi was Supernatural season 3 as good as season's 1 and 2?
I've still got to get around to watching it, but really enjoyed the first 2 :) (i've got a huge backlog of stuff to watch).

K

Kiminality

It's pretty good, Nilrem.
I enjoyed it, tbh. but, then, I enjoyed season 2 of Heroes, when no one else seemed to :p

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got some rations and a snake skin off the ophidians that spawn just north west of Papua.

K

Kiminality

Tidying :(

Landlord's decided he wants to show someone around, tomorrow, which'll be more fun than a barrel of monkeys.
The house is a little not tidy, and needs a hoover.
Tidying is easy.
Hoovering... Not so much... Our wonderful hoover seems to have decided that immolating is the way to go, after a few minutes' use.

Pls to not be catching fire!

C

Coppelia

Yeah I went there and the drop rate is pretty cool.
I've got my Sherry statue now :thumbup:

It was a fun hunt. I used my hiryu for the first time. The birdie died a few times, but I see how it works now. Herding is great with the new pet AI to pull mobs off groups. You tell your pet to follow, you use the crook to herd it to a place where it'll be targeted, and once it's targeted it automatically comes back at your feet. Good pet! It took years to learn that, but finally it's there! ^^

:)

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kimi, sounds like your hoover is a hot product, don't let it's slight temperature problem extinguish your hopes of cleaning the carpet. (don't really use it if it's over heating).

If you haven't already it's worth checking all the filters are clean and it's not blocked.
One of our old electrolux ones had a real problem with the secondary filter blocking, and as it relied on the airflow through that to help cool the motor it tended to get rather toasty (bad design really).

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Afternon Petra

:bdh:

looky.......new smilies......................:thumbup1:

K

Kiminality

So, apparently, it was the bearings that were having issues.

The smoke was coming from the motor spindle slipping in the belt, and melting the rubber (Mmm... Tasty!).
But, I was able to get the bearings running freely enough that the brushes were turning awesomely, and I was able to hoover grand swaths of carpet.
Then, the bearing generated enough heat to melt the mountings. The brushes came unmounted, jammed, and the spindle ran freely in the belt again.

Oh ho!
Thank god that's over...

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bleh!

I'm not sure I like this new forum setup.

I can't work-out how to reply to a particular poster, rather than the thread.

I was going to comment concenrning Kimi's earlier post; wondering how many online game fora contain advice for the care and maintenance of Hoovers, but the moment is gone, so anything I post will appear both pointless, and late. (can we have a smiley for "oh bo***cks" please?")

*goes to look at lots of peoples' profiles, just to make them think I'm stalking them"

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Clicking on the icon bottom right of the post will show it threaded to it if you use threaded or hybrid view from the choices under 'display modes' at the top of the page (just under the page number) on the thread.
Personally I tend to treat it a bit like a letter, if I'm not replying to the post immediately above or the thread in general I'll put the person's name at the top, as I did when offering Copellia the dread horse I had spare.

I find 'live feed' under the 'quick links' menu to be quite useful, although I hope at some point I'll be able to filter that to just watch the forums I'm interested in.

Status
Not open for further replies.