• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Siege Real Life Picture Thread

Y

Yasou Wakayama

Here are a couple pics from the Philly meet up ... hella more floating around

H

hillel jordan

Whats with all the kiddy pics lolI think theres a pic of me in the womb somewhere... mines well dig that one up!
<sarcasm>

K

kyrie_m

<blockquote><hr>

Cute!!! I should scan the pic of me from my First Holy Communion. heh. I looked innocent back then.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG, you so should! I wanna see! Were you in a really ridiculous frilly dress?!?! I want to see you all girlie-girled out, hehe.

K

kyrie_m

<blockquote><hr>

Whats with all the kiddy pics lolI think theres a pic of me in the womb somewhere... mines well dig that one up!
&lt;sarcasm&gt;

[/ QUOTE ]

Just for you, I'll post this one where I'm much sooner out of the womb:

And this is a funny one taken about nine or ten years ago in my old bedroom (eww, that I shared with my ex-husband)..I'm in the overalls..osh kosh at that

H

hillel jordan

<blockquote><hr>

And this is a funny one taken about nine or ten years ago in my old bedroom (eww, that I shared with my ex-husband)..I'm in the overalls..osh kosh at that

[/ QUOTE ]

NO WAY that is 10 years ago... 1996? That is def 80s! You look like hippies!

K

kyrie_m

Hey guy, you are supposed to get all pissy about they baby pic. The other one is maybe 96? Now that I think about it, it was probaly the year after Jerry died... further in Ventura in 96.

T

Ton80

Ok for all you campers out there I have Memorial day Weekend pics. We do this trip every year and each one is better than the last. here's the rundown:

So we left Thursday night right after getting out of work and got to our destination sometime around 9PM. We set up our tent, air-mattress, etc.. and said Hi to everyone on our way to the....

BAR..

After many drinks we had a few casualties. Here is Steve (a guy we see only on this trip) after drinking all day...

At this point it's still early in the game. Only a few of us had gone up on Thursday night. The rest were to arrive starting late Friday morning. More people arrived and before long the tents had taken over!

There were 26 in all!

Friday it rained most of the day and, well, that is what usually happens. So we have learned to come prepared
. Take a look at the tarp covering this area (which by the way is the common sitting area / party area for all present).

They have learned that you can never have a big enough tarp when camping. We eat rather well on this trip and just about everything is cooked and prepared here:

We have live entertainment Saturday and Sunday. They play classic rock all day and through the night. Usually until midnight or so.

Of course NO live set is complete without a drum solo. This particular one is being performed with my wife's bra on the drummer's head (gotta love the Shmoops!)

BUT, entertainment comes in all forms. Here yours truly reads a book.....

....while relaxing by the fire....

And of course there was plenty of drinking going on. Here is my wife and a couple of drinking buddies (the one in the middle is the guy who organizes the trip and the other guy Cooks like a mad man!)

And what trip would be complete without more food. Here I stand with two of the guys that do the cooking. I am the fat one on the right (in case you didn't realize it)......

All in all we have a GREAT time on this trip every time we go (that is if we aren't missing it do to being in the hospital or something). Always fun and always sad when it's over.....

K

kyrie_m

What state is that? My camping jones is completely ignited now. Looks likeso much fun.

M

marichessy

My family and my best friend's family always go camping Memorial Day weekend too. We were supposed to go Friday evening after work but we heard the rain was on the way so we went early Saturday morning.

You sure go with a huge group! Looks like you all had a great time!

We had fun too 'cept for the leak in my air mattress where I would wake up on the ground every morning :p

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Cute!!! I should scan the pic of me from my First Holy Communion. heh. I looked innocent back then.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG, you so should! I wanna see! Were you in a really ridiculous frilly dress?!?! I want to see you all girlie-girled out, hehe.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! Yes!!
This was taken at my grandmothers house, I think.

K

kyrie_m

!!!!
You look so cute. I can't believe you once wore frill!! Hehe. This is a side of you that comes as a complete schock!

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

It's Goldilocks!!

I'm telling the 3 bears where you live...

-Skylark

G

ROFLMAO !!!
My mother had my hair done in a "Shirley Temple" stype.

I guess she never thought her daughter with the "Shirley Temple" style would someday be walking around with a mohawk, eh? lol

G

Awesome pics Yasou! Thanks for sharing them. Wow, great to see some faces I have never seen before.

Did Sloan make it to the meet up, I know she was travelling a loooong way and since I didnt see her in the pics, I was wondering about it?

Do you have one of the ENTIRE group that got together?
That would be a cool one to see.

K

kyrie_m

Please look at the first two pics he posted. It looks like Yasou and Enigma were seperated at birth. It may just be those two specific photos, but seriously. Aside from the difference in hair, they look like the same person. *que eerie music*

G

<blockquote><hr>

this is me at lunch one day (it looks like im eating my hand.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Knuckle sandwich?

Sorry, had to be said.

-Skylark

G

Well if we doing baby pics and us in dresses I got some of those. Of course back in the dinosaur era ....parents did not get color film for their cameras, it was not yet invented or something ! HAHA

My first communion pic won't even scan too faded ! Same for me in ballet outfit as a sugar plum fairy and tap dance recital outfits ..I tried to scan em but those are just faded. haha AHEM

Anyhow here some oldies of ME one very newbie fresh out of the womb even.

Mom oft made our dresses, my parents were pretty poor so dad built our first 2 story house by hand himself all the way thru, and mom well she insisted I always had new dresses to wear no matter what, even before they afforded a sewing machine, so she sewed me lots of dresses as I grew up.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

this is me at lunch one day (it looks like im eating my hand.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Knuckle sandwich?

Sorry, had to be said.

-Skylark

[/ QUOTE ]

Ladyfingers.

K

kyrie_m

I've never seen a baby look sooo excited as you did in your first birthday picture. The grin and the way you were holding your arms and hands, it looks like you were going to explode with happiness. Hehe. Your mom was a very talented dress maker. Do you still have any of the dresses that your mom made for you when you were a child?

Now I want to post more of my wedding pictures. It was only five months ago, but I miss it, lol. We got 450 photos from teh photographer, in addition to the seven rolls my aunt took and the ten disposable cameras from the guest tables. I apologize in advance for the sheer volume of photo's but this barely skims the surface of the trove of wedding photos.

Ru and I with attendants:

My father about to walk me down the aisle

Bead detail on my dress, first dance

My husband (I hope he doesn't mind this one!)

Me

I can't remember if I posted this one before, but I love it, especially the way that the flames and the lights refelcting on the harbor came out

This one the photographer told us all to be goofy

I love this one for some odd reason

Ru's favorite picture...of our wedding rings

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...I am curious, how long did it take Ru to realize there were rings in that pic?'

-Skylark

G

<blockquote><hr>

I've never seen a baby look sooo excited as you did in your first birthday picture. The grin and the way you were holding your arms and hands, it looks like you were going to explode with happiness.

[/ QUOTE ]

Made me think of another very excited baby pic in here. So, by way of comparison,

QZ's first birthday:

Baby Pickaxe's first Easter:

-Skylark

I

imported_Daan Mor

<blockquote><hr>

LOL...I am curious, how long did it take Ru to realize there were rings in that pic?'

-Skylark

[/ QUOTE ]
Has to be said, I didn't till I read the caption above it...

I

imported_Daan Mor

If we gonna do the baby pics thing though...

This is a baby Daan Mor.

He's domesticated...

Charitable...

Up with the latest celebrity gossip...

Musically talented...

Good with kids...

And has never had anything to do with Soviet Russia

K

kyrie_m

You were quite the accomplished baby! A baby-of-all-trades, if you will. Though you do look pissed off to be stuck holding the baby.

G

I've never seen a baby look sooo excited as you did in your first birthday picture. The grin and the way you were holding your arms and hands, it looks like you were going to explode with happiness. Hehe. Your mom was a very talented dress maker. Do you still have any of the dresses that your mom made for you when you were a child?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was a very happy baby and for the most part a very happy little girl growing up.
I also had something none of my cousins had...being born on the same day as my grandpa ! So it was like I had something special from the get go no one else in the family had sharing my day with my grandpa and I knew it. I was supposed to be born April 14 my father's birthday but I guess I was sleepy, and showed up on April 19 ! It made grandpa rejoice and my dad go hrmmm ! So that is why I always vowed within my own lil self that if ever I had a child I would plan the first born to be born for my father's birthday ! Well our twins were born april 13 and so a day early but my father was soo happy !
But yeh despite all the times my folks didnt have a lot of money, they had their ways to make me a very happy lil girl most of the time.

No I do not have any of the many dresses that my mom sewed up for me as a child even pre sewing machine she made me always look like some princess. Sometimes I just wanted a pair of jeans to go play football with my cousins all boys and got ...another dress ~! Har oh well. But oddly when momma passed away April before last, as I gazed at her in her final outfit ..she was very fussy about clothing and matching she had me pre arrange all her outfits for whenever per season even
for whenever she passed away. METICULOUS that one...I probably spelled that incorrectly but aye fussy about clothing it all must match and look fine per season ! As I looked at her during her funeral I could almost her hear say good job..in the outfit I selected for her *which she pre selected* and then I remembered every single dress over all those earlier years per fabric per pattern, per occassion that she had hand sewn me..aye my eyes flooded with tears but I still have all those dresses..as if firmly planted in my mind even down to their colors fabric everything. I remember nearly all of them so would be nice to actually have one as some soveneir but its all still firmly in my memory, many of the outfits and dresses I had forgotten that she had made till she did pass away then every single dress come flooding back to memory, still there too, so that counts too.

I think my mom's *fussiness* and goal that even if poor her baby girl would always be in something nice to wear ended up the *birthing* of the online character original Queen Zen chesapeake...who's story line is poor UO orphan queen no parents in sosaria left, born into the land of sosaria, living in delucia ta2 felucca, on chesapeake whom is always ..."properly attired" a royal with all warrior skills save for one tailoring skill, to always enable her to always look fashionably attired, even if dirt poor ! THX MOM

Our wedding bouquets almost look similar save for my having satin ribbon streamers on mine. Where u at with palm trees ???

Oh someone wanted me to post my lil gee I hit 22 yrs old post hippy era kinda after it anyhow .. that one pic of me again..so here ye go !!

<center>

K

kyrie_m

Well, I would have *died* to have your mother. I refused hated wearing pants and my parents used to have to fight me on it until I was about seven (in the photo I posted at age seven a few pages back I was wearing some sort of overall/jumper thing). I ONLY would wear frilly dresses. My favorites had little bells sewn into the underskirt hems. As for shoes, I didn't get my first pair of sneakers/tennis shoes until I was about nine because I only wanted shiny mary janes (ages 3 - 5) or sandles (about 6 - 8). I also wouldn't participate in P.E., moving away from the ball in softball and dodgeball, purposefully missing the ball in other games, which infuriated the kids I was put onto teams with. I didn't want to get dirty or sweaty. Lol.

That's great that you have the memories of the clothing you know that your mother sewed out of her love for you, so you would still look like a princess.

Even though we live in San Jose, CA (about an hour south of San Francisco), all of my family and a lot of my friends are still down in the Los Angeles area (I grew up in Redondo Beach), so we ended up having our wedding down there. It was in the city of San Pedro, which next to the Port of Los Angeles. We got married at this restaurant, the cermony was on the patio and the reception was in the Bridgeview room (they have pictures under photo albums). (*Edit* opps, forgot to post the link: http://portsocalldining.com/site/index.html) The Ports O'Call Village was a great because there were so many interesting places to take photos.

K

kyrie_m

OMG, if you compare the top two photos, she's the spitting image of you! How adorable!

I can't believe she's so big already.

M

marichessy

She is! It's amazing. I thought they were both the same baby until I read it! Adorable!

Q

Quentico

A few pics from yesterday's Phase III of Racing School. Now I can get an official racing license

F

Feyre

I dunno, ive always felt children were ugly creatures. But then people dont want to hear that about thier little cretins. Whoops.

G

My nephew just graduated high school. He totally stopped eating sand months ago!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I dunno, ive always felt children were ugly creatures. But then people dont want to hear that about thier little cretins. Whoops.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that there are some babies that are cute, but I sure have seen more than my fair share of unfortunate looking ones. Which is probably why I prefer dogs to children. Puppies are always cute!

Awww!

K

kyrie_m

That's not sand, it's, um, genius dust. Yeah.

Oh, and before I met my little sister's baby, I was totally not into the baby thing. I was never that interested and could not figure out what the fuss was about, preferring to spend time with relatives kids when they were about two or three and able to say crazy things and actually had a personality. Does anyone remember the Seinfeld episode where they were all pissed off because they had to go see "the baby". That was so me.

W

wavace

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh cmon you know he noticed the rings right away, quit being a boob...errr... nm , ill stop there ...

G

Hope this works This is my son and one of my daughters who helped me alot the last few months.

And the last picture I had done before I lost my husband.

Thought I best post something since I returned to SP.