• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The 'Is There Any Sanity In The Babble Thread? Discuss:' Babble Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kiminality

Prices from jewellers are going to skyrocket, if they haven't already.
Chests will definitely have the most, but effort-to-return would be low.
Ant Lions I think might.
Rai Ju in tokuno might, and/or Yomutsu. I know I had a load from my samurai, I think after I tried farming treasures there.

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hiya all.

Maybe I should try to compile a list of which monsters have gems. Earth eles, obviously; solen infiltrators, warrior type; solen warriors; gargoyles; dragons. Juka, all types, and mummies, but they all only have one each. Can anyone think of any others?
Fire elementals, too

Yay 4 Australia! (still not enough bandwidth to play though)

C

Coppelia

They cost a lot more than boards/ore. I hope you don't need as many.
I think I'm going to farm them on black solens. I have a bard I can train there and it gives purple mushrooms for the magic powder.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's also a new mining book which I just bought on Retribution using my non-beta account. I bought it from the smith in Ter Mur, it allows you to set another option on your shovel/pick. So now you have 'ore', 'ore & stone' and 'ore and gems'. The special gems you still get no matter what setting you've chosen, but the ore and gems setting lets you get amber, tourmaline, citrine etc too.

Checking hunter's guide. Rai ju, yamotsu warriors and yamotsu elders have 2 gems each, yamotsu priests have 4.

C

Coppelia

There's also a new mining book which I just bought on Retribution using my non-beta account. I bought it from the smith in Ter Mur, it allows you to set another option on your shovel/pick. So now you have 'ore', 'ore & stone' and 'ore and gems'. The special gems you still get no matter what setting you've chosen, but the ore and gems setting lets you get amber, tourmaline, citrine etc too.
Wow, that changes everything. Why don't they tell us from the beginning? It would avoid a lot of screaming!
So they only have to speed up the imbuing process through menu navigation.

U

ultima online

white wyrms, crystal eles, ratmen i think been a long time so im a little hazy

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't played UO for a couple of months, but I'd quite like my 2000th to be on the Europa forum....

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let there be Babble.......................:thumbsup:

2000 posts...........n0000000b......I mean........Congrats Fluffers

;)

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good morning Europa! And what a fine day it is! :)

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh and a question! Where does those beautiful Cherry Blossom Trees and Apple Trees come from? Vet Rewards? Botany? Can one buy them, and are they expensive? :)

I looked at vendors and haven't found one for sale yet.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They're items that you can claim from heritage tokens. You may be able to find someone selling the tokens, we got one per character for Christmas, erm, year before last? or was it the year before that? I forgot, sorry.

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, thanks Petra Fyde :)

I guess I won't have a pretty tree in my garden quite yet then. :D

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh I guess I will after all! Thanks for the trees and such Thimblepixie!
Inhabitants of Britannia is a great breed. :)

I hope I will be able to repay some of the favors I've got from the lots of you. Returning to Sosaria have been a breeze! :D

K

Kiminality

I learned two things today.
Well, more of a re-realisation.
1.) 12:10 is not the same as 14:10
2.) Walking over 5 miles to deliver a sandwich was a really stupid idea

Point two is terrible.
A good deed is good, but there should probably be limits. Also, if I hadn't delivered the sandwiches, I'd probably have been able to eat them.

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Babble!

Finally weekend - and SA only a few days to go. I really hope it launches on schedule, i don`t think I can fit in one more item in any house or container now.

Hmm - maybe I could go for plan C, start storing on beetles.

K

Kiminality

125 additional items per character.
Plenty of plants for staining.

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Babble... Morning all! Hm... noon all! :D

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Evening all :)

Little hint to anyone fitting a 100mm vent (for tumble dryers etc) - a 100mm holesaw will cut a wonderful hole that the vent back will fit onto.
What it won't do, is cut a hole that the actual hose fits through :p (that and Homebase's pricing for vent bits is scandelous).

C

Coppelia

Hello there babblers!

Fortunately, for Aion it's only beta today so I'll be on UO the 8th. :)
However I didn't prepare anything. Just a regular batch of peculiar seeds that I hope will become hedges.
I'm so slow at decorating!

K

Kiminality

125 additional items per character.
Plenty of plants for staining.
How did you know?:blushing:
1.) It's what I'd be doing.
2.) "Home & Gardens" ;)

I'm really bad at planning ahead, though.
I have no decorative plants, or hoards of items to be broken down.
Although, until I see some clarification that the early buyer offer isn't "one per person" and more importantly "US only" as suggested, it mightn't be relevant.
Next stop Uhall.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I must admit, I've grown a whole pile of plants for dyes and baskets, and still have another 200 on the go. Got most of the skills I'll need nicely trained up. Will just be waiting til I can afford to upgrade second account for the spare slots, then I can make a garg and train the new skills. It's a bit of a bugger really; got lots of lovely, pretty much finished chars on my main account, but no spare slots and some spare slots, but not much in the way of finished, battle ready chars on my second acount. Decisions, decisions

W

weaselmode

I have to say that the amount of posts in this babble thread is disappointing!! ;)

It appears that Kas Valentine is no longer on the forums so this may be why! I even had to recreate my account because my original one had been deleted and i recognise only Petra Fyde from back when i used to play..!

But hello everyone from a long time ago UO player and ex babbler!

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Petra may be able to restore your old name and post count if you PM her. She is now playing Stratics in God-mode.

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have money. Want SA!

But I guess we all have to wait for those folks across the ocean to wake up. When I get back from work there will probably be a madhouse over at UO.hall. Wait - it`s always a madhouse over there...

K

Kiminality

Shards going down at 3pm UK time, apparently (10am EST) for SA enabling
Details are sketchy, and poorly translated from another language (three guesses which country's all ahead of the US side of things!)

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wahhhhhhhhh i dont want to wait *stamps feet*
and i like not knowing much about expansions adds to the adventure but where is the entrance to the new lands? cant adventure if you cant get there.
where is the damn download:eyes:

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*does the happy dance*

:danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb:

Got code for first account upgrade and am patching now. Gargoyles and funky new crafting stuff, here I come :)

:danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb:

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same here... got codes and are patching. :D

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Patching etc etc is all done, but log in servers are still down :(

*twiddles thumbs too*

I'm good, ty hun. And you?

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, on the basis that the log in servers are still down, and a watched pot never boils, I'm going to go and cook dinner then bath the children, in the hope it'll be all up and running again when I get back.

Sees you soon folks

*waves*

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I`m good as well Call. Bought upgrade, check. Received email, check. Upgraded account, check. Patched both 2D and new client, check.

*twiddles thumbs and drinks more coffee*

Pondering whether it`s better to start off with a gargoyle with imbuing or a human, then later convert the human. That is the main question right now.

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1.) It's what I'd be doing.
2.) "Home & Gardens" ;)

I'm really bad at planning ahead, though.
I have no decorative plants, or hoards of items to be broken down.
It will be good to get some storage space back. I`ve been hoarding for months since I knew I would probably have less time to play now.

C

Coppelia

Ok, on the basis that the log in servers are still down, and a watched pot never boils, I'm going to go and cook dinner then bath the children, in the hope it'll be all up and running again when I get back.

Sees you soon folks

*waves*
Stay focused on what you do, or you'll bath the dinner and cook the children! :pancakes:

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stay focused on what you do, or you'll bath the dinner and cook the children! :pancakes:

Lol, I'm tellin' you, some days it's tempting to get 'muddled' and do exactly that!

EDIT: ok, we're having pasta. It should have been rice, with this particular sauce, but I'm so distracted, we've got pasta instead. Doh!

K

Kiminality

It will be good to get some storage space back. I`ve been hoarding for months since I knew I would probably have less time to play now.
Well, if you ever want to free up some secures that are taken up with stains... ;)

K

Kiminality

I'm all sorted on the one account I was going to upgrade.
All I need is tea, and Europa.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All I need is to send the kids to bed and Europa! I'm trying so hard to concentrate on anything but the servers coming back up but I'm failing dismally, esp since I've cooked the sauce and the pasta is in, so nothing in the kitchen requires my attention for 15mins or so. Sat at desk making sweater and trying servers. Sad, but true :(

C

Coppelia

Upgraded to SA and bought that 7th character slot for the same price I bought the 6th... that sucks. I hate EA and their cheap marketing moves. I can't stand to see those 11th anniversary token you have to buy. Yay, buy yourself your own gift! Happy birthday, we're proud to sell you that for 11 years!

SA'd better kick and rock. Or else...

Or else?

Exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.