• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The 'Is There Any Sanity In The Babble Thread? Discuss:' Babble Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The current score is:

Seraphi 1
Wishbone 0
Petra (busy)

Seraphi WINZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes! I winz!

So, now to todays question for the tamers out there - how many times did you die taming your first Greater Dragon? I am slowly building up the courage to try, but I bet I need a loaded banbox first - and equip something else than the luck suit.

AyaraBlue

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
17 deaths and counting :blushing: Must be one of the few tamers who doesn´t have a greater dragon yet. Luckily my doggies are doing a far better job than their master...

Thimblepixie

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Died a couple of times trying to tame one in passing, then gave up on them - dragons flapping make me lag horribly anyway, and I prefer the doggies riding & healing abilities to be honest. In dire straits, the lovely Petra passed on a dread warhorse to me way back when, which *rocks* :D

K

Kiminality

On a vaguely related note, didn't they say something about henchmen at one of the townhalls?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I died a couple of times, but I tamed mine in Ilsh not too far from that nice healer hut, and yes I did wear my dull copper mage armour suit. I'm told it's easy peasy, if you use honor, but I never remember to try to build that :D

Kas Valentine

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hrm I keep failing to apply patch 6.0.14.1, I hate it when this happens.

Is anyone else a failure? Shall I just wait a day or so and see if it fixes itself or what...?

C

Coppelia

Hi there, I'm back. The UO Magnet got me!

How are you Europa? :)

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there, I'm back. The UO Magnet got me!

How are you Europa? :)
Hey, welcome back! I read your post on UO.Hall and saw you settled for a 18x16. There are many 18x18 spots up for grabs in Malas if you want those 2 more tiles.

C

Coppelia

Hi! No Barian I wasn't away, I was just stuck in the revolving door! :D

Thank you Serafi, but I think my spot on Trammel will be good. I'm near Cove, so I can even go there and throw some banana pelts under Baronship feet and see Kas dance. :)
I didn't see your UO +luck statue at your shop by the way, do you still have it?

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
..... and see Kas dance. :)
The horror. My eyes.. my eyes!

I didn't see your UO +luck statue at your shop by the way, do you still have it?
There has been some changes to my shop as you can read here. The luck statue was packed away before the big recustomization, but it is up again now.

AyaraBlue

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Begins babbling*

Took a sneak peek on KR for the first time on a friend´s computer the other day. Since I´ve been pretty much spending all my UO time lately at the Tokuno champ spawn, that´s of course where I went with my Blue tamer (who by the way looks completely insane with her brightsight lenses - I will never look at her the same way again :wall:) and realised that lvl 1deathwatch beetle hatchlings look a lot scarier and are about double the size of Serado the big boss. Blue was so freaked out by those hatchlings she immediately went home and logged out, before even taking a look at the lovely plants at home.

*Ends babbling*

Peelyposter

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello. Thought I'd pop in and see what was happening. Must be a couple of years since I was last here. Glad to see that there's still a babble thread and still a few familiar faces :)

I take it the new forums mean that my old account (and post count) is no more.

Still trying to track down my sig and avatar.

*Edit*

That's a bit better :D

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good morning all. Rise and shine!

By sheer coincidence and happenstance I was the first mage on the scene for the manifestation at server up. And I got to cast the Armageddon spell for the very first time ever! The RNG rewarded me with a cloak, and of course - no mempo but the Peasant`s Bokuto. Probably thought I had enough with the fireworks and thunder rolling and seeing 10K number flash after the spell.

I feel all powerful now...

*preens*

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ohh, congrats!

Peelyposter, if your account still exists you'll find it by doing a search for your log in name with 'imported_' on the front eg imported_peelyposter. If it's there I can merge them.

Peelyposter

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Petra. Whre is it that I need to search? I'm not finding anything on member search, but I may be doing it wrong :)

T

TerryFyde

*Shakes a few cages and listens to the insane babbling from within*

B

Black Betty

*looks about for some sanity*

Doesn't appear to be any here, still. Me thinks that is a very good sign!;)

W

Wimble Poon

Hrm, still a few old faces left around here then.

*Grumbles realising yet another house of his has decayed*

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No sanity here, how could there be with a babbler in charge of things?

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*fastens cage firmly to floor*

Damn.....that felt like an earthquake......

W

Wimble Poon

It's been a few years since I was last in UO, I am assuming Hemisphere's is long gone thesedays, and also the museum/rune libruary?

I have no idea if anyone uses it anymore but since i'm back to old tricks there will be 1000+ large shadow ore sat in the Orc Brute cave near yew that's free for all.

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*waits for the "Ban the scripter" posts.

*does babbly things*

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oy! No spamming!

Sorry, been busy taking piccies, now I gotta find the time to upload them, and do another couple of hundred or so. Replacing the 3D images on hunter's guide with SA images.

T

TerryFyde

*Tries to think of a question to ask Fluffi that has more than one answer*

hmmmmm

Fluffi ...

How much wood would a Barian chop if a Barian would chop wood ?

If Petra picked a peck of pixies where's the peck of pixies Petra picked ?

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry, been busy taking piccies, now I gotta find the time to upload them, and do another couple of hundred or so. Replacing the 3D images on hunter's guide with SA images.
Yay! Might have said this before in another thread somewhere but it is worth repeating. You are doing a helluva job over there at the main site! Updating Stratics, awesome.

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...by the way...

Progeny major now officially has swine flu.

Recent visits have rendered me "dangerous to all the nice clean people."

Can I infect you lot by coughing at the monitor?

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Note to self: Equipping weapons works best when trying to get a drop from a Shadowlord Manifestation.

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Woohoo!

I am now "an unclean, infected, pseudo-leper" according to the government.

I really don't understand this "get a friend to collect your tamiflu for you" thing:

What am I supposed to do?

... get one of the family to go the chemist for me? They've all been in close contact, so may well be incubating the porcine virus.

... ask a mate? So, they stand outside the door while I pass a bit of paper with my leper-number out through the letterbox. Then when they return with the drugs, they poke 'em back through the letterbox, and run away quickly.

... Ah, sod it; I'll go myself. At least I'll get the opportunity to sneeze at random Welsh people: I've always held a secret desire to kill a pharmacist, (other than the diseased daughter, of course.)

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My previous Stratics post was my birth-year post.

I'm sorry I didn't make it here, but I got a bit caught-up in an argument somewhere else.

Free broccoli for everybody....

:danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb:

Status
Not open for further replies.