• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The 'Is There Any Sanity In The Babble Thread? Discuss:' Babble Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AyaraBlue

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...and now you will be younger for every post you write ;) What a clever way to reverse aging.

Leon Vale

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good afternoon all, i'm still getting use to these forums and whatnot :thumbsup: but thought i would stick a post in here.. well.. just to say hello to everyone haha. Maybe i should babble a bit though? *wanders off babbling to himself* :coco:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hello, and welcome, be aware though that the answer to the question posed in the title of this thread is probably 'no'

Leon Vale

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh and there was me thinking the answer would have been 'yes' .. Doh haha, still, im as barmy as a chipmunk and as useful as a catflap in an elephant house.

I think i'll get on just fine :thumbsup:

Pleased to meet you all anyway, must post on these forums more often, 3 years of playing UO and only just signed up to them, i must be mad :wall:

U

ultima online

its the people who think they are normal that are the most mad...

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sooo...

Not sure if any of you remember me but I used to play UO a lot. I started a little bit after the release and then played for at least seven years, probably more concidering I restarted my account several times. :)

I spent most of my time in a guild called the Crazy Lunatics Of the Wild North. (CLOWN). Not even sure they are around anymore...

I have played lots of MMORPG's after UO, but I still think that UO has something, a feeling, that none of the new MMORPG's has managed to catch. In UO you can do so much more than just kill creatures.

I left about 4 years ago. Sold my belowed house south of the Maze and gave the 2 millions I had to an old friend. (I'm sure 2 millions is nothing today). I might have a few rares in my bank, that are probably not even rare anymore. ;-)

If I come back I have pretty much nothing. Would it be worth it? Is it still fun?
Are there still players around on the Europa shard?

My last "expansion" was 7th Anniversary... What do I need to buy or download to be able to play it all? :)

// Milena

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well hm...

apparently I am already installing UO again. :D

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You timed your retrun just right Mil, as they just this week announced that all expansions including Mondains Legacy now are free. You just need to install the client and activate your old accounts and you will have access to ML as well.

Regarding if it`s worth it: You are the only one who can answer that. UO is still very much what you make of it. Nothing you "need" to do, just your own choices.

Try it out again and the answer will come to you I am sure:)

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You timed your retrun just right Mil, as they just this week announced that all expansions including Mondains Legacy now are free. You just need to install the client and activate your old accounts and you will have access to ML as well.
Yes, I was lucky indeed! I had no idea... but I have activated my account now and downloaded all the patches.

I am running around picking up random regs now and trying to remember all the commands. :)

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It probably is terribly confusing I am sure, trying to remember it all. In addition - there are loads of new things. Head to Yew and look around. In the middle of the town is now a gate - go through it and peek around. If you have a crafter you now need Arms Lore in addition to smithing, tailoring etc. It adds more total resists to a suit, or add more DI to a weapon. If you have ICQ you can add me and I will be happy to answer any questions you have. Emulating UO on a mac and can`t really play much. Just doing things that are not dangerous in nature :)

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for all helpful tips Serafi. :)

I will hopefully get more time to play tomorrow, and then all the questions will come I'm sure! :D

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks to Myphsar I have a home to call my own again!
( http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=150137 )

It was fun building again and the best thing is that the house plot is located just south of Moonglow. My old home town. :)

I need furniture though! Anyone have a furniture vendor or know a good place where I can buy common things like chairs, tables etc?

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Drop me a list of what you're after and I'll be happy to get our guild crafters on to it for you. Consider it a welcome back gift :)

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Drop me a list of what you're after and I'll be happy to get our guild crafters on to it for you. Consider it a welcome back gift :)
Oh wow! I have almost forgotten how nice this community can be. :) :)

Thanks in advance!

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And when the time comes when you want to redecorate, cause you know you will, there are 3 fine crafter shops on Europa still. 1) RAA - south eastish from the cotton field in Skara - by the coast, 2) Barians - southish of the Yew Moongate almost to Stonekeep, and 3) Miss Polly in Zento, northern road.

For all things flowery there is a gem of a large tower in Malas - but don`t have UOam installed so can`t give you directions yet.

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And when the time comes when you want to redecorate, cause you know you will, there are 3 fine crafter shops on Europa still. 1) RAA - south eastish from the cotton field in Skara - by the coast, 2) Barians - southish of the Yew Moongate almost to Stonekeep, and 3) Miss Polly in Zento, northern road.

For all things flowery there is a gem of a large tower in Malas - but don`t have UOam installed so can`t give you directions yet.
Thanks. I will check them out later. :)

Erhm Zento, is that one of the new places? :D

I think Malas was the last 'new' world I played in.

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Returnee question nr 99:
Riding around the land looking for a vendor that are selling Empty Kegs.
Anyone know of a good place? Preferably one that are keeping it stocked regularly. :)

Returnee question nr 100:
Hm... I see that potions are stackable now. Perhaps a keg is not needed for selling bulks anymore?
(Or perhaps that would be costly due to all the bottles...)

Returnee question nr 101:
I have a hard time stacking some of the potions, like Total Refresh. I drag and hold on another bottle until it goes yellow'ish then release. Still doesn't stack. Is there a trick? :D

Returnee question nr 102:
I see people talking about spellbooks with stats. I have 110 Magery. If I put a spellbook with +12 Magery on me will I get 122 Magery then? Or will it be capped at my cap 120?
Does this mean I do not have to practise my magery up to 120 anymore but can stay at 110 and hold a book? Do I need wrestling to hold the book?

Returnee question nr 103:
I read somewhere that Magic Resist is no longer needed for PvM. Surely this can't be true?

Sorry for spamming you all with my questions. Direct me to another forum if you only want the ordinary babble back. ;)

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Returnee question nr 99:
Riding around the land looking for a vendor that are selling Empty Kegs.
Anyone know of a good place? Preferably one that are keeping it stocked regularly. :)
I think those 3 shops I mentioned also carry empty kegs.

Returnee question nr 100:
Hm... I see that potions are stackable now. Perhaps a keg is not needed for selling bulks anymore?
(Or perhaps that would be costly due to all the bottles...)
Not needed, no. You can sell 100 filled bottles now. But gardeners still like those kegs.

Returnee question nr 101:
I have a hard time stacking some of the potions, like Total Refresh. I drag and hold on another bottle until it goes yellow'ish then release. Still doesn't stack. Is there a trick? :D
Not any more than stacking boards and ingots and what not. Are you in SA? That client has a problem with stacking. Also - there are some problems with older bottles before this change came in. Other than that, not sure why you are experiencing stacking problems.

Returnee question nr 102:
I see people talking about spellbooks with stats. I have 110 Magery. If I put a spellbook with +12 Magery on me will I get 122 Magery then? Or will it be capped at my cap 120?
It will cap at 120.

Does this mean I do not have to practise my magery up to 120 anymore but can stay at 110 and hold a book?
Yup!
Do I need wrestling to hold the book?
No, you don`t. It works as a regular spellbook. If you have a filled spellbook with 64 spells in your pack, the one you are holding can be empty. Good for switching around different slayer books.

Returnee question nr 103:
I read somewhere that Magic Resist is no longer needed for PvM. Surely this can't be true?
It`s a truth with some modifications. Read the professionforums. personally I like having resist on my characters because of the curses, paralyze spells and whatnot the magic casters likes to throw at you. I notice a real difference, but it is personal taste I think.

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Erhm Zento, is that one of the new places? :D
Head to the nearest moongate, and choose Tokuno Islands. Makoto-Jima will take you to Zento, the most lovely town in all of Sosaria :)

Tokuno came with Samurai Empire, the japanese themed expansion in November 2004. had you already quit by then perhaps.

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for all the replies Serafi. Really kind of you! :)

The stacking problem was due to old potions. I got rid of them and all my new ones stack easily.

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Deaths: 20+
Time spent: Many hours
Successful tames: 3

Greater Dragons in stable: 2!

Woo!

If any of those are keepers I don`t know, I need to understand more of the GD stats untamed I think. But one had 100% Fire resist at least and came 3.8 on the pet power calc.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that sounds like a keeper to me, but what do I know? I never understood what to look for anyway, I just go for one with reasonable to good hp and work with it.

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After they have bonded I will take them both for a spin, I guess that is the real test.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glad you're well again, and better to get the damn thing over with in Summer than to have it in the Winter in the cold and snow.

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*rescues the babble from 15th position on the forum*

Poor show, you lot. :thumbdown:

K

Kiminality

It could simply be the end of the Age of Babble...
If the babble's on life support...

C

Coppelia

The Europa forum is pretty quiet in comparison to when babble threads started.
I think that's because of the naughty moderators like the evil Petra. She's too mean.

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No! No way! I remember back in the days when bla bla bla ladde ladde la etc etc and then it was great activity and bladde ladde la, yadda yadda yadda.

Let me help refuel the babble! :D

L

Law of Hell

me never post here
but me read and me laugh all time
babble no die
me is don juan me play europa but dont know you all at all
me try be pvper
me try be business man
me pretty bored in work
and me stop writting like this

apart from all that crap, how you all doing eh ? :D

C

Coppelia

Don't worry, I never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, etc. :p

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I *think* I've got everything re-installed and back where it belongs. I guess I'll not notice some things till I come to want to use them. I hate re-formats!

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So... is the time of vendor sales gone these days? (Unless you place one in the supermall Luna)

I tried setting up a potion vendor :stir: in Trammel but sales are sparse to say the least.
Still the vendor is in a line between a moongate and a town so I do see ppl run by occasionally. And I think I have a pretty ok pricing on my potions.
I even resorted to place out a few runes to my shop in a few good locations. :blushing:

Wondering if I should release my poor vendor since she cost me much more than she brings in.

Does anyone have a good idea as how to boost sales? (Except rent a space in Luna. I'd like to try from my home)

L

Law of Hell

im alright !
and for your vendor, you have to gate to it so people know it, once you do that make sure it is always stocked so people always come back, it may be hard at the begining, as some people in luna sell potions aswell, but if you gate, if your vendors are stocked daily i think it will be okay, and of course a few runes spread over the tows every day, hard work at begining i know ;)

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im alright !
and for your vendor, you have to gate to it so people know it, once you do that make sure it is always stocked so people always come back, it may be hard at the begining, as some people in luna sell potions aswell, but if you gate, if your vendors are stocked daily i think it will be okay, and of course a few runes spread over the tows every day, hard work at begining i know ;)
Thanks! Glad to hear that shops still can work outside Luna. :)
I will keep work on it then and we shall see...

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*has emerged from China where they block Stratics*
They also take swine flu VERY seriously, and keep taking your temperature with a gun thing.

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... when all the bards of Europa sound their trumpets...

... and the treasure hunters break the Seals...

... and the Moderators of the Apocalypse ride forth...

... (and when Barian rides-in in a disappointing fifth) :p

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would Barian be the Fifth Horseman of the Apocalypse then?
Famine, War, Pestilence, Death, and Hitting thumbs with Valourite hammers?

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*babble sense tingling*

Somebody taking my name in vain?

I blame Petra !!

Babble rules..........:next:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*grumbles*

everyone blames me!

Everyone ready for the open beta later today?

K

Kiminality

*has emerged from China where they block Stratics*
Well, we are a hotbed of political dissent, and our FAQs don't include how to turn yourself in to the nearest authorities.

Everyone ready for the open beta later today?
Semi-looking forward to having a nose around.
Curious as hell about some of the dodgy translations from running that Japanese article through Google...
Also, I might have heard a few things that I'm interested in verifying.

Sadly, unless there's a big non-PvM purpose to the new areas, I won't be spending much time there :(

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning all! :)

*yawns and hands out coffee and tea*

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hiya all.

Been doing some experimenting with training imbuing. Contrary to the repeated howls of the scaremongers, I discovered you don't need rare ingredients to train it, nor relic fragments, you do need lots and lots and lots of the old type gems though.

Maybe I should try to compile a list of which monsters have gems. Earth eles, obviously; solen infiltrators, warrior type; solen warriors; gargoyles; dragons. Juka, all types, and mummies, but they all only have one each. Can anyone think of any others?

Best source is going to be treasure chests/mibs - though you could always just buy them from the jeweller.

Status
Not open for further replies.