• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The 'Is There Any Sanity In The Babble Thread? Discuss:' Babble Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kiminality

Knowing my luck, the moment I go AFK, the shard will come up.

I'm going to make tea.
If Euriopa comes back, you owe me.

That is all.

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All this talk about tea and dinner made me realize i haven`t eaten since I came back from work. Just ran to the computer and did the whole upgrade thing. Sad.. sad. Tsk.

*munches and tries to connect once more*

So where are all the babblers? If this isn`t the time and place for babbling I don`t know what is.

S

Seasseragh

Scouting my gargish ressources for a proper name :)

Zheltexortinlem? Ailemortinlem? Albfelvas? ... And will it fit into the name line at char creation?

C

Coppelia

I don't even know if I create a male or female gargoyle :x
And what colour?

I'm going to stay for a long time in front of that character creation screen. Again.

K

Kiminality

Philanlem.

I'm sorry, I failed you.
Apparently the shards were wise to my cunning tea-brewing plan :(

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Scouting my gargish ressources for a proper name :)

Zheltexortinlem? Ailemortinlem? Albfelvas? ... And will it fit into the name line at char creation?
Maybe we need some online gargoyle name creator.. thing...

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh! Look what I found!

Scroll down and you see this:
Copyright © 1996 by Origin Systems, Inc.

S

Seasseragh

Nice find :)

Gargish

UO Gargish is "heavily inspired" by (ancient) greek and latin, so those are worth a look if you have to invent a word. Like cloth = tex, as in textile.

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, Ter Mur means "world". Didn`t know that.

*checks servers*

Its up!!!!!!!!!!!

AyaraBlue

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wasn´t gonna buy the upgrade tonight. Hadn´t planned on going online until the weekend. ... *goes off to uogamecodes with credit card in hand* Argh! I have no discipline!

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Evening.

I marked a rune at SA entrance. That's pretty much it so far. :D
Taking it easy... will visit when it's a bit calmer.

C

Coppelia

Hello!

I'm waiting for the server to come back to check if it reverted my plant watering. This is serious business!

T

TerryFyde

Damn the server being down........ i have had to send Petra shopping (she likes spending me RL gp) ........ cus i ran out of mouthwash trying to stay "Gargled" ready to play in new lands:sword:

Largan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Me thinks it's fitting that the 666th post was about the server being down.

Ah well, one less distraction from my assignments I guess.

It doesn't make it easier to complete them though.

K

Kiminality

I made a Vollem
I wanted to see what it was like, before I burned the token on a character who wouldn't want a bonded one.

30 minutes running around dead in the Stygian Abyss.
3 Void Essence
Clockwork Assembly
Power crystal
50 leather
25 White scales

Result: White Mechachicken
I know, it's feline, but with its wings folded back, it looks more bird-like

K

Kiminality

Stainers!
I have a mighty need to see the purples!

I need to compare them to the Tokuno/Reward cloth purple...
I have no idea what the prices are for them, but I have a small pile (33) of Silver Serpent Venom that may work for barter, if you're so inclined.
I bring it up here, because It's important to respect the babble, and those within.
Fo' life!

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Give me a shout or look for our Niki, with the guild title 'Her Purpleness' :)

K

Kiminality

The pictures are actually awesome, but I have a terrible eye for colours. I think the rare plant purple is close, though.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
errr ... is this the way to the babble thread? I think I lost it some months ago ... oh, here we ... nope, that's the ... ahhhh ... BABBLE!!

Hiya folks and folksettes. I am back! Not that anybody noticed I was gone ....

W

weaselmode

Whatever happened to that cool kitty Kas Valentine? And now i come to think of it if anyone could let me know what happened to the below people that would be great :)

Valfreyja
Lebowski
mUTANT

Largan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bought meself a nice big house. Need to furnish it. Was at 60ish in carpentry.

Anyone need a massive amount of bokuto's?

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Course we did

You back or is this just a flying visit?
Awwww ... I feel all warm and froffy now :)

It's not a flying visit. I'm here to stay! Was never really gone actually, still locking on every day and playing around a bit, just totally forgot about the boards for no apparent reason. Well, apparently I am forgetful, but that's all ...

So, I read up everything I missed of the babble (not that much I saw). Wishy was here on a hit-and-run again I noticed ... now, let's see if we can finally bring this baby up to 1000 and start a new thread before Christmas :dunce:

C

Coppelia

Hello there, babblers!

I started raising Imbuing. Just tested the thing. You need to be rich to train it. Tons of gems, and the cheaper is like 75 gold coins. All the time I've been selling gems to provisioners... now I have to buy them back at full price! :wall:

And I need a soulforge house add-on. All my resources are at home. Plus my gargoyle has just 60 str for now it doesn't help. :p

Largan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Newbie gardening mistake... Note to self: Do not use a potion of deadly poison in all haste. It will kill you if you don't have any bandies or magery on your crafter..

K

Kiminality

For imbuing...
Train imbuing on a smith (I stoned mine over, when I relise how much easier it would be). They can make daggers for 3 ingots, exceptional all the time if you're high enough.
You'll want exceptional items to imbue, because that will mean you can use the lower intensity imbues to train, for way fewer gems. At 65, I'm still only using 1 gem per attempt.
Hit Dispel uses Amber, which is the cheapest.

I use 3 UOA macros:
1.) to imbue my current property onto a dagger.
2.) to unravel a dagger
(for both of those, for some reason, they pick from the top of the same list, so it'll attempt to imbue the same one as it attempts to unravel)
3.) make 1 dagger, imbue to dagger, unravel dagger
(unravelling the dagger after one imbue ensures you pretty much break even on residue, at 50/50 success/fail)

Gains have come pretty fast since getting that all sorted.
Of course, massive advantage for lining Tug's pockets *mutters*
Not even SA is close to as effective.
On cost, it's actually not really that much off smithing, or tailoring using leather (not that you have to use leather any more for tailoring, with gargish cloth armour).
3 ingots (60gold@20ea), 1 amber (say, 80gold). So it's about 140gold per skill check, which is pretty steep, but only about 7 ingots in cost. And you can mine gems these days.

K

Kiminality

71 imbuing now, if you don't get one in the meantime, you can have my first soulforge when I hit 75.
Otherwise, If you go to the O*T shop to the West of Zento (Mapper's peeps), they have them for 250k

edit: actually, you can't, because I can't get relic fragments yet :(

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*clicks on Coppelia's dragons*

g'morning all ... errr ... it's lunch time ... whatever!!

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm ... almost 21k views and not even 700 replies yet ... what are you people staring at?

K

Kiminality

I just spent about an hour running around looking for iron ingots for sale...
Like an idiot, I thought I'd arrange to trade most of my iron ingots for valorite, since that's more useful for RP gear.
A few days later, I've used my dwindling surplus, and have a mighty need for iron :<

Running around looking in vendors is my least favourite thing...
People don't organise, or label them properly, half the time...

Largan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with you Kiminality! Bought a +20 blacksmithing scroll last night and used a SOT (misunderstood how the damn thing worked, should have try to sell it instead) and then I spent an hour or two running around trying to find some iron ingots. Did find 2500 but that was it.

Do I have actually have to *sigh* go mining myself. It will make me go nuts.

K

Kiminality

I hear that...
I suppose I'll try mining in the Enhanced Client.
Lumberjacking was pretty smooth, tbh, so the worst part of it will probably be having to spend time not training imbuing :(

Edit: Aha!
The EC actually wins gloriously. Tile container view let me find some ingots I didn't know I had.

C

Coppelia

O*T Guild shop seems out of stock, and Luna prices are a bit high. So I'm out to hunt for gold and that fills my unraveling bags pretty well too :)
I tried the Oak spawn in Ilshenar and I got two very small SoT by doing the first tier. And I got a pile of gold ingots and the blaze halberd I seem to always get on paragons.
Then I wanted to hunt in legacy dungeon for an odd virtue armor piece, but blood elementals are too scarce and rotten corpse gave me a lesson of humility after a while. I hate that the buffs somehow wears out now. I always forget to check if I have Protection. So I went back to my dear oni superspawn ^^

Largan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't want to write this dang assignment for tomorrow. I wanna train my crafter or hunt with my dexxer.

Booooooooooooring!

Hope the rest of Europa feels good today!

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Evening all :)

Anything much going on apart from the inane/insane babble? :)

Is the EC actually any good?
I'm half tempted to get a couple of my characters out and take them for a walk with it (and maybe even buy the expansion - but you didn't hear that from me, ok :p )

C

Coppelia

Probably the best expansion, despite some problems.

Yesterday I've tried to tame raptors. They're funny. I got one. I tried another but at a moment when my dread mare was on the spawn, the original one attacked me and I peaced it twice in a row and it didn't even stop. So my lady title is down again again again :D
Maybe something with the line of sight, as I was on the bridge. So for now I have one raptor, and it displays pack instinct = raptor, so I'm sure something good will come out of them ^^

Buying new buttocks :(

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try Farmer Nash's field for a thin raptor spawn. Also for a source of toxin for making dyes, and low level stuff to unravel.
I think a dev with a sense of humour made it a farming spot.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning all and abyssettes!

Is the EC actually any good?
I'm half tempted to get a couple of my characters out and take them for a walk with it (and maybe even buy the expansion - but you didn't hear that from me, ok :p )
Best expansion so far! It will take me months to just get my head around all the new stuff ... it took me two days to understand how to raise imbueing from 50 to 50.1, though. So maybe my head is a bad example :dunce:

My t-hunter is back in business now. I collected lvl 5 maps for months and he is now farming gold and crappy loot like a madman (which he actually is) to support my imbuer-guy. One of the next days I have to take my tamer on a walk to have a look at the new monsters ...

So, I think the $30 for SA are really well spent :thumbsup:

AyaraBlue

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Beat you to it then. It only took me 2 hours to get that first 0.1 gain :p

And then the big question: Is Scrumpy Jack hiding under a weed in Farmer Nash´s field? :eyes:

Edit: 700 babbles, finally.

Status
Not open for further replies.