• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Husband Store...AKA OT Babble Thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

UOFaerr

<blockquote><hr>

*chants* 18-23 more days *chants more*

[/ QUOTE ]

Is your husband coming home then? I'm trying to remember, and I am too lazy to scroll back.

If so then here are some tips for a good night.

plus

Pixie's gettin groovy.

G

WOO HOOO Tuesday is my newest favoritest day in the world!!

Mah hubby is home from Iraq on Tuesday!!!!!!

S

shard

Wow. No Baja babble in 2 weeks! C'mon Baja, I know you sillies are out there.

I have some news of a long-standing Baja entity that is about to go thru a major move. But I'm gonna tease it along. It's a major PITA project, but will be worth it in the end.

Pixielove, ummm, your hubby get home OK?

U

UOFaerr

<blockquote><hr>

WOO HOOO Tuesday is my newest favoritest day in the world!!

Mah hubby is home from Iraq on Tuesday!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Shard... Are you getting old? She said he got home on Tuesday.

S

shard

Yes, I am getting older by the minute. I haven't heard Pixielove say much since she said he would be home on Tuesday. I hope she just needs to come up for air.....

G

LOL he got back just fine ... and I came up for air a couple of times

Just been really busy with RL stuff ....

S

shard

RL stuff sux. Well, some of it does. That needing to come up for air bit isn't too bad.

S

shard

<blockquote><hr>

Is it cold in here?

[/ QUOTE ]

What's wrong Faerr, your highbeams on?

Feels fine to me.

S

shard

What in the world has Mama Faith been teaching my little dog?

It was a nice afternoon out, so I did a bit of outside work. Our weenie dog, Lucy Lou, was patrolling the yard to keep me safe. I'm moving some stuff around the garage and generally cleaning up and I hear a soft squeal. Wasn't a Lucy Lou squeal, but it was a squeal. I had my hands full at the moment so I finished with whatever I was doing and then I heard another soft squeal. I set off looking for Lucy and find her behind what used to be our peach trees (casualties of an ice storm that I am going to try one more year to bring back) and there are two tiny rabbits laying at her feet. Just then there was some rustling in the grass and Lucy pounced. She added that baby wabbit to the pile. Poor Lucy Lou, it's not bad enough that an evil squirrel keeps getting in the yard (roughly an acre chainlink fenced) and an occasional deer hops the fence, now her domain is being invaded by wascaly wabbits!!!

S

shard

Moi? I let that whole speechless bit go. I coulda spammed it all over that other board we enjoy so much.

On the other hand, a goat could help clean up the yard hereabouts.... I might just get it yet!

U

UOFaerr

What? Are you saying that I am never speechless? Well it's the cold air and the effects it's having on your tights... There just aren't any words for it.

S

shard

Today was so nice I thought about venturing out in my speedo, but speedos don't have anywhere to stash regs.....

Hush Faerr, last time I tried that I got a rash.

More cowbell, errr, more babble!!!!

U

UOFaerr

Uhm Shard.. You could just use your FC 5/3 and lower regent jester cap, and then get a pair of lower regen speedos.

... I chuckle at the thought of that.

G

Dang! Where did this thread come from?
Shard, thank you for the reminder to sharpen my lawnmower blades. It's almost hunting, er, I mean, lawnmowing time.

S

shard

No problem, Mama Faith. Yep, just about time to start offering free lawnmower rides around the house. Still don't understand why I don't get any takers.....

S

shard

So, ummm Faerr, keeping the buns yourself and eating them after they have grown is not an option?

I mean, it sounds like an option to me, but I'm kinda funny like that.

U

UOFaerr

Wouldn't it be more sportsman like to release them and then kill them with a sling and stone?

You should be ashamed of yourself! What if I put you in a cage and fed you and brushed your hair and jingled your bells then stuck an apple in your mouth and fried you up for dinner. Shard Al Dente.

Rabbits are rodents. I just can't see eating a rodent unless forced or tricked, or you absolutely HAD to to stay alive.

Sorta like eating one of these fellows. Don't think it's because it's cute or anything it's just not for consumption. It's gross. I guess these were good fixin's back in Texas during the depression. They were called "Hoover Pigs" like newspapers used to keep the homeless warm were called Hoover Blankets. Pffft Put that little bit of Texas History in your pipe and smoke it.

Interesting as well is there have been cases of leperasy traced to eating improperly cooked armadillo, but you can't get it from just coming into contact with one of the creatures.

I once saw a program showing some South American country where they put the whole guinea pig on a stick then deep fry and serve it like a rodent corndog. Disgusting. Aaaah I just found a picture of it. This one was cooked up in Ecuador. No wonder they are immigrating in droves. The food must be terrible in Ecuador, they are eating rodents! baaahahhaha Enjoy that comment for the sheer lack of political correctness.

S

shard

Hmmm, interesting. I guess I limit my rodent intake to rabbits and squirrels. And they are definitely skinned and cleaned, none of that 'fried whole' business.

Shard Al Dente. Heh heh, I'm afraid I'd be a tough, stringy meal. May want to boil me awhile before frying.

G

I didn't even realize how grossed out I was by the thought of eating armadillo or a whole guinea pig until I had to peel my hand off my mouth to stop the gag reflex. I would definitely go vegetarian. I won't eat venison either and though some say I'm just picky, I DO taste the difference and the 'wild' taste just doesn't appeal to me. I'm also finding that as I get older, my appetite for red meat isn't as strong. I'll take chicken or turkey any day. Too bad I can't find one of them when I'm out mowing lawns.

S

shard

Oh yeah, love me some yard bird! Hmmm, the weather is warming up. Time to start watching for chicken leg quarters to be on sale. And I need to find some replacement grills for my smoker, and a new water pan.... I wonder if it would be cheaper to just get a new smoker? Ahh, and check some of the local logging sites that may have left some hickory behind....

Hard to beat some leg quarters that have been smoking all day. And for you chicken spaghetti lovers, using leftover smoked chicken is the bomb! That smoked smell and flavor comes out of the chicken and tastes awesome.

Now I've made myself hungry.

G

Oh my gosh! *wipes slobber off mouth* Where were you this morning when I was trying to plan something for supper? Chicken spaghetti? That sounds wonderful. Now I need to search the internet for a recipe.

S

shard

#7135392 - 03/14/07 11:14 AM

I was here all along!

If you find a good recipe, please share!

S

shard

I launched the first wave against the ants in my yard today. A mere 3.5 pounds. Limited attack to gauge effectiveness. The stockpile is formidable. [insert liche laugh here]

Funny bit that the Devs for UO missed. UO ants won't eat cake. You can set down a gift cake, chef made cake, prolly even donuts next to UO ants and they will turn up their nose at them.

Now don't get me wrong, I think ants are awesome at what they do, it's just that I don't want them doing it in my yard. After all, I don't try and do my thing in their mounds, now do I?

U

UOFaerr

I should hope your thing doesn't actually fit in an ant's mound. *shrug*

U

UOFaerr

<blockquote><hr>

ever seen a fire ant mound?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes! I have total respect for them now that we have moved to the South. They are horrible, yet fascinating at the same time.

At first I thought I would be miss natural and I would erradicate them with 'safe' methods.

I bought this stupid thing called an ant charmer. Only problem is it had to be stuck into each individual mound and all it did was trap the ants that attacked and did nothing to get rid of the queen.

I also started pouring boiling water on any mounds under the swingset. Of course that killed the grass and made a gross mess there.

Grits do NOT work. Tried those.

Then a friend gave me a tip about controlling them with as little poison as possible. You can put a small bit of poison in an empty soda bottle then jam that into the ant hill and then go about your business. The ants will take that bait straight to the queen.

It uses a lot less poison than broadcasting it.

Okay time for me to get some work done. Nuff trolling for the day.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I should hope your thing doesn't actually fit in an ant's mound. *shrug*

[/ QUOTE ]

That was a couple posts back but *ROFL*. You are soooooo bad. I wish my mind worked that quickly. I'm the type of person who will think, "What I should've said was..."; and that's 3 days later.

I don't know about fire ants but we have the army ones and they're a pain in the arse. My philosophy about bugs is that if they're outside and not destroying things in my yard, I'll leave them alone. BUT, if they start digging in my yard or come in my house? It's OPEN SEASON, baby.

U

UOFaerr

Hrmmm, I think bugs are sort of cool.

I have a black widow guarding my side door. She eats anything else that tries to come in. The door isn't opened often, and I was spring cleaning the laundry room and saw her crawl back up into her hiding place under the door jam.

I hate to do it because I have not seen a bug in the laundry room for weeks. Well now I know why! ;D

But, I do not want her to nest because I don't want hundreds of them.

Weird thing is most the black widows I have seen so far in Texas are brownish with a red hour glass, but this one looked like the type we had in Arizona.

Biggest difference in temperment is the black ones seem to hide while the brown ones are more daring and just hold their ground. It's like they are saying "You're in Texas now B* and I'm not hiding. Squash me, I dare you."

Faith, you wouldn't want your mind to work like mine. It's scary sometimes. And yes yes, I am bad. I'm sure that when I die that God will ask me WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? To which I will reply, "You made me this way." Then I will bend over for my spanking.

G

*LOL* I think most humans have spankings coming when it's time to meet our Maker. I have to say though that there are some I don't want to be standing behind when the crud hits the fan! Of course, I'm not speaking of you, UOFaerr.

You are apparently a LOT more patient than I about Black Widows. We have them in WY and I've heard too many stories of how sick people get when bitten. If I happen to find one, I quickly send it to 'spider hell'. That also applies to rattlesnakes that may wander into the yard. They're sent next door to 'snake hell'.

Totally off topic now since you have me thinking of summertime and all the good and bad that comes with it. Do you know why store-bought tomatoes never taste the same as homegrown ones? What's that? You don't give a what? *LOL* Well, I'll tell you anyway. Tomatoes are picked while green so that they're easier to ship without bruising. When they arrive at the stores, they're sprayed with CO2 which reddens them immediately. Naturally, a tomato that's rushed into ripening wouldn't taste the same as one that's ripened by the sun. And that's your trivia for the day from Mama Faith.

U

UOFaerr

They do the same thing with Bananas. Pick them green then gas them.

Well I don't want you thinking I'm some cookie person with spiders in my house that isn't it at all. The door the bug is hiding under is an outside door that is never used if ever.

I just hate to kill it because of the bugs it's eating. I haven't seen any crickets, grassroaches or ants in that room.

Anyway Yeah yeah yeah I know I will have to kill it. I just told the little ones to stay away from the outside of that door until I can take care of it. It's not like that spider is going to leave it's burrow there and walk out into the other side of the house and kill us in our sleep. I worry more about it laying eggs and having 500 baby black widows than just the one. Maybe I should get it spayed?

You would not believe how fast spiders grow here, I think it's because of the combination of warmth and water makes for lots of bugs to eat. *shudder*

O

OTTnMIA

Interesting thread, I need to read this more often!

<blockquote><hr>

Hard to beat some leg quarters that have been smoking all day. And for you chicken spaghetti lovers, using leftover smoked chicken is the bomb! That smoked smell and flavor comes out of the chicken and tastes awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]
YUM!!! I wanna do dinner in Arkansas with ya one day, buddy!

and, sorry this just has to be said...... JESUS FAERR!!!!!!!

U

UOFaerr

This is Theoran posting.

blah blah blah (do this with about 30 lines of text with no spacing for a visual break) blah blah blah

&lt;insert cute gay almost feminine emoticon&gt;

Rawr ahahahaha I have to get a job.

O

OTTnMIA

<blockquote><hr>

This is Theoran posting.

blah blah blah (do this with about 30 lines of text with no spacing for a visual break) blah blah blah

Rawr ahahahaha I have to get a job.

[/ QUOTE ]

"&lt;insert cute gay almost feminine emoticon&gt; "
baaaaahahahaha! that was hilarious!

Wait a sec!

U

UOFaerr

Not much to pick on with Theo, he's a bit glorious or illustrious I can't remember which one. Still, there is more meat on a chicken wing! woof

S

shard

Nah, I can't jump on the OTTnMIA bashing bandwagon. Not after I made him do 50 pushups the other day.

Oh! Hey folks! Don't forget that the S|A BSR is tomorrow night!

U

UOFaerr

I love Theo! Why, if I wasn't his sister I'd stalk him in rl and make archer babies and stuff like that

U

UOFaerr

Hrmm the woman's nips freak me out a bit. It's a boob not a muscle!

So are you going to stalk Theo too?

G

*LOL* You either have great eyes or a very large monitor. I didn't even look at the female, to tell you the truth. As far as stalking Theo, I think he'll have his hands full with you.

U

UOFaerr

Look closer Mama. My monitor isn't that big. I am still in my thirties so maybe that's why I can see better? meow

Look at it. Physically it just is a really bad pose for even an athletic female body. The brest doesnt go there. That thing looks more like teh bell on a fire truck than a breast.

Status
Not open for further replies.