• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The elusive bunnies

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
I'm just quoting him from another thread and it's took out of context but I think it said enough yet he's here posting...

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm just quoting him from another thread and it's took out of context but I think it said enough yet he's here posting...
What are you talking about? I can tell you are beyond bored given you have taken literally every single thread off topic.

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
@Keven2002 you show me a thread on topic? You said it. Not me and I said it it was took out of context... so you just post whatever OP thread is about to conform I got it. My bad. I like too switch sides too when convenient.

Edit sry I can't sum it up other then you just say things and move on to the next thing. All that don't make sense. From previous statements. Maybe little out of context but it's obvious your a fence sitter.

Last edited:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Keven2002 you show me a thread on topic? You said it. Not me and I said it it was took out of context... so you just post whatever OP thread is about to conform I got it. My bad. I like too switch sides too when convenient.
By answering if a spawn is jack rabbits vs rabbits; that's switching sides? Probably should lay off the pipe, guy.

Also what stance is my other post taking? I simply said calling the totem pay to win is a stretch. What side is that compared to answering where rabbits are again?

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
Whatever makes you feel better. You act like they mean nothing to you in the game on other post but post here like your a fan boy.

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
I think saying "pay to win" for the totem is a bit of a stretch. What exactly are people "winning"; a colored rabbit with zero fighting ability and 2 slot max stats? Is the bar set that low for you guys to be considered "winning"?

For those that want to say "but you can sell it for gold"... yea and you can also sell everything else in the store (bought with cash) for gold. I see soulstones/xfer tokens/store mounts being sold everyday in GenChat for gold so you can say the same for literally any item in the store.
There is original post arguing rmt or whatever and then doubling back to here to act like your all about rabbits...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The second day, a player on LS got the green rabbit in Malas without a Totem. He said he just killed a ton of rabbits

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I"m not into deco and not into colored rabbits that serve no purpose other than eye candy, but that said I would also like to know if the only way to get one is with a purchased item from the store, not just the claim from some random dude that they killed "a ton of rabbits".

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I"m not into deco and not into colored rabbits that serve no purpose other than eye candy, but that said I would also like to know if the only way to get one is with a purchased item from the store, not just the claim from some random dude that they killed "a ton of rabbits".
Log in, Kill a ton of rabbits and report back with your results. This guy does play about the same amount as I.

samaelmcgovern

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Used 4-5 charges in Umbra, got lots of 1166 and 1 green ... killed a couple of rabbits in haven while collecting eggs and another green one spawned right away (without totem) ... so I guess it's still doable without totem if you have lot of time and rng doesn't hate you :D

Reactions: dvv

Tamergirl

Journeyman
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Congrats! How long did it take you to spawn with out a totem?

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
Okay, so after doing a route of the whole Haven island, every farmhouse in both fel and tram plus a few spawn spots I found in the woods (I got pretty desperate), I finally got my 1966 bunny in Haven. SO it is possible. I did this all day long, probably about 14 hours total yesterday, plus about 6 hours Friday and a few hours on Thursday.

A few things I did find along the way that might help you out, there are a couple fel farm houses with a fairly quick respawn rate.

The farmhouse by Gregorio the Brigand spawns two rabbits and they come back fairly quickly. There's another farmhouse to the south which spawns two as well but not as quickly. I tried placing a totem here, which it will allow you to, but from what I could see it didn't spawn a single colored rabbit. I only did one there so I'm not sure if that was the RNG hating me even more than normal or if there is some issue in that area.

One of the brit farmhouses in fel. In the middle of the northern cluster of farmhouses there is a big tent in a field between two farmhouses, at least on Baja I'm not sure if that tent is on all shards. The one to the east of that tent has a really good respawn rate, but you cannot place a totem here.

All-in-all it appears Haven is the best spot, there are lots of rabbits and jack rabbits and while the respawn rate is slow there are a lot of them, more than anywhere else I found. I scoured every bit of land I know of in fel, tram, ish, lost lands, malas, and nothing else comes close.

Happy hunting everyone, don't give up hope!

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The farmhouse by Gregorio the Brigand spawns two rabbits and they come back fairly quickly. There's another farmhouse to the south which spawns two as well but not as quickly. I tried placing a totem here, which it will allow you to, but from what I could see it didn't spawn a single colored rabbit. I only did one there so I'm not sure if that was the RNG hating me even more than normal or if there is some issue in that area.
I was there when someone was using a totem and 18min into it they said they hadn't seen 1 colored rabbit spawn (unless that you was on ATL :D )

Scarlett

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Got my uber red/orange last night. Spent two days 2-3 hours killing every single rabbit on Haven. Had one charge left on a totem and realize most said it was not worth it there, but decided to place it. I do notice the area slows on respawn it seems when the totem is in place. For 18 long minutes it didn't spawn a single thing. Had made a comment to a guildie that it seemed a bust when she spawned. Tamed it and had to kill a couple mongbats that were interested in it (almost targeting the rabbit in my excitement). Guildmate came to save the day and open a gate to a safer spot. And my experience is yes that color comes as a rabbit and I have gotten 3 green that were jack rabbits.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Got my uber red/orange last night. Spent two days 2-3 hours killing every single rabbit on Haven. Had one charge left on a totem and realize most said it was not worth it there, but decided to place it. I do notice the area slows on respawn it seems when the totem is in place. For 18 long minutes it didn't spawn a single thing. Had made a comment to a guildie that it seemed a bust when she spawned. Tamed it and had to kill a couple mongbats that were interested in it (almost targeting the rabbit in my excitement). Guildmate came to save the day and open a gate to a safer spot. And my experience is yes that color comes as a rabbit and I have gotten 3 green that were jack rabbits.
At New Haven:

next time place a rowboat before you start taming.
as soon as it is tamed,
tell the rabbit to follow you,
click the rope.
rabbit will be on the rowboat too
open a gate, away from the ropes

the mongbats will be trying to get you instead of the rabbit
and this way the terrain isn't uneven

(not sure if you are still planning on taming,
but figured others might like to know)

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Congrats. Just an FYI to others possibly trying to same thing in Haven... I think the spawn area is pretty large in Haven so it's very likely in order to "speed up" the spawn you might need someone else (or another account) killing the bunnies in other places. From what I've seen both rabbits and jack rabbits spawn all around the "dojo" and even down south near the tracking/hiding instructor. I could be wrong as I typically just do a pass or 2 without actually having set up shop but I see them all around that area and once I thunderstorm the screen I don't usually see them spawned in the same location on the second pass.

Lady Sylph

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed that when a totem is placed the spawn seems to slow (maybe it's a way to get us to have to use more charges faster lol)... it happens to me ALL the time I've placed probably 9 totems now and every place I go the spawn is pretty fast UNTIL I place the totem then I can sit forever with hardly any spawn for the whole 20 minutes... I just decided to stop using them. Grats as well on the orange!

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
every place I go the spawn is pretty fast UNTIL I place the totem then I can sit forever with hardly any spawn for the whole 20 minutes...
Question: When you are not using a totem do you sit in place and wait for the rabbits to spawn?

As I mentioned before I think spawn radius has much to do with the perceived rate. If you go somewhere; let's say outside Luna and sit in one place (one screen) and kill some rabbits, sure a few might end up spawning on screen and maybe even just off screen so you see the name but they could also be like 4 screens down as well. Sitting in the same spot (because the totem is there) might be the reason things seem slow. I helped someone a few days ago by running around the spawn area (away from totem) killing all rabbits I saw which in turn made them spawn closer to the totem. They would kill them from there. There were tons of rabbit corpses on the screen when I'd circle around the area so maybe try that approach?

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
Question: When you are not using a totem do you sit in place and wait for the rabbits to spawn?

As I mentioned before I think spawn radius has much to do with the perceived rate. If you go somewhere; let's say outside Luna and sit in one place (one screen) and kill some rabbits, sure a few might end up spawning on screen and maybe even just off screen so you see the name but they could also be like 4 screens down as well. Sitting in the same spot (because the totem is there) might be the reason things seem slow. I helped someone a few days ago by running around the spawn area (away from totem) killing all rabbits I saw which in turn made them spawn closer to the totem. They would kill them from there. There were tons of rabbit corpses on the screen when I'd circle around the area so maybe try that approach?
Good point! One thing I've never been very clear on is the effective radius of the totem. I know it's more than 1 screen but how much more I'm not sure. When I used the totems at Haven I too noticed the spawn in that area seemed to halt as well. I didn't camp at the totem though I ran around a bunch to keep killing spawn as far away as I could run without leaving the totem for too long unattended. I feared someone running by, casting thunderstorm and killing my rare rabbit on purpose or on accident.

But yeah maybe that is the key. Don't camp the totem, run all along the coastline killing bunnies as you go or have a friend help you to do this. The totem might then pull in rabbits from far away. There are a lot of rabbits that spawn all over the island.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I placed one and had to keep running around and checking it no rares spawned maybe a yellow then at the 5 min mark i toke my one EJ account there and parked him and parted him there and a yellow, pink/purple not sure on color and a blue spawned when the ej account siting there,

Lady Sylph

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

I roam all around in every place I go, I've been to spots so much farming without totem that when I use them I know where the spawn radius is for each place so if I don't see a rabbit pop up I move around to find them and have still noticed after totem is place the spawn slow considerably from what it has been without one.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I roam all around in every place I go, I've been to spots so much farming without totem that when I use them I know where the spawn radius is for each place so if I don't see a rabbit pop up I move around to find them and have still noticed after totem is place the spawn slow considerably from what it has been without one.
I noticed that as well thought it was just me. Kill the rabbits for like 5 mins then place totem and none spawn there for 10 mins lol

Shadeweaver

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I haven't seen a orange/red uber rare one spawn as a jack rabbit yet. But got the orange/red rare one on moonglow as a regular rabbit using the totem there. All the green, white, hotpink and blue ones have been jack rabbits.

Lady Sylph

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I haven't seen a orange/red uber rare one spawn as a jack rabbit yet. But got the orange/red rare one on moonglow as a regular rabbit using the totem there. All the green, white, hotpink and blue ones have been jack rabbits.
Where did you use your totem at on Moonglow? I haven't seen a spot with a good spawn of them where I figured it wouldn't be a waste to use one, still trying to get one after 9 totems and countless hours a day :(

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There is only 1 spot where i know the bunny respawns almost as soon as you kill it ... and you can't place a totem there.

Shadeweaver

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Was not a good spawn point at all, in the woods close to the front gate of moonglow, I just got insanely lucky when I placed it a rabbit spawned right by it and it was orange/red

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Has it been determined that the uber rare red can only spawn as a rabbit and not a jack rabbit?

koop9320

Visitor
I’v killed rabbit for a good 8 hours a day for the past 8 days and used 2 totems. I mainly farmed in del and haven. I used the totems in umbra. In the process iv gotten over 350 butterflies 20 parrots 11 candles and hedges I spent the least on but got 1 of each rare. Still have not seen a Uber and only 1 white that I accidentally killed cause it was 4-5 in the morning like it is right now. My guildies gotten 1 red and a green with no totems and he didn’t farm nearly as close as me cause I focused on rabbit in del. I hear of ppl getting one every day on pac. I’m not even mad about it cause I am entertained.and I’m going to continue to kill rabbit for hours till I get one. But I’m starting to believe on 1 can spawn at the same time? Maybe there’s 1 red runnin around in each zone. Tram fel ish ec. Cause ya ov been at it for more than I probably said and I cannnnnnot get one. Because maybe that 1 bunny late at night is out somewhere els until it despawns like tons of bunnies I run up to to kill.
This is my first post on anything uo. Other than discord. * pats himself on the back *

apogipinoy

Visitor
I thunderstorm with reckless abandon when I run through Haven, Moonglow, Yew, Skara…I wouldn’t be surprised if I killed a rare along the way. I’m happy with my blue bunnies…it’s my favorite color :)

Ascalon

Adventurer
I haven't bought the pay to win item, just searching 2 to 3 hours for 4 or 5 days over the course of the event, I've only found the yellow one. I haven't seen any other colors. Just checking in on the spawn rate question.

Honestly don't like the pay to win being added to monetize the game. It causes the odds for things to be set too high, and unless you have the time and endurance to "pull the lever" enough times, you miss content that could be genuinely nice and make the average/hobbyist player have more fun, to support the rare collector and gold seller communities.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I didn't buy the totem either. I have the yellow, pink, blue and Hot pink (some say purple and pink) and I traded someone a yellow candle for the white rabbit early on.

Don't care much about the uber rare ones, have at least 4 of the others except the white and I'm happy with that. Saving them for future players that come and might want a few :)

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I haven't bought the pay to win item, just searching 2 to 3 hours for 4 or 5 days over the course of the event, I've only found the yellow one. I haven't seen any other colors. Just checking in on the spawn rate question.

Honestly don't like the pay to win being added to monetize the game. It causes the odds for things to be set too high, and unless you have the time and endurance to "pull the lever" enough times, you miss content that could be genuinely nice and make the average/hobbyist player have more fun, to support the rare collector and gold seller communities.
you don't have to buy the totem
you just go around and keep killing the same type.

from my experience
if you kill both rabbit and jack rabbits
they only spawn the yellow over & over again
but if you only kill the jack rabbits
then the purple will start showing up
(if you don't tame them, then the blue will start showing up)
i usually kill about 3 or 4 purples before the blue will appear

on Sonoma you can kill a bunch of them
just outside of luna on the east side
(only a few houses in that area... other shards i have checked are full of houses there)
the colored ones usually tend to spawn in the area where the crystals are
(an alliance member got a green one there without using a totem.
I was there for a few hours of the day & after an hour that he was there he got one lol)

Ascalon

Adventurer
Thanks, I'll give that a try and see if I notice a difference. I've been just going on a loop between Jhelom Bull Pen and outside of Delucia killing all rabbits I see. I don't know if the spawn mechanic is really different by type, or by what's already spawned, but if I see different results I'll post it. Just to be clear, the experiment is kill only jack rabbits and see if it effects the rabbit colors that spawn. Also I'll check out the Luna location you described.

I don't have big plans for the rabbit anyway. My thought is to train it up to 2 pet slots and see if I can kill Swoop with it. It would still be a novelty pet, but that would make it better than just being a pure stable only pet.

UPDATE: I think that only jack rabbits spawn in the outside Luna location, but after a little time roaming around killing them, including killing a gold colored one, a purple one spawned. First purple one I've seen. I'm not sure if the kill only 1 type theory is UO mythology or not. Just reporting back my results.

UPDATE2: One session of roaming around east of luna killing jack rabbits. 4 Purple, 1 Blue, and 1 Red/Pink (indicated on UO-Cah website as 1166 hue). I think that it's just a good "fishing hole" because of so many jack rabbits there. I'm not sold on the rabbit vs jack rabbit being different colored and having a different RNG. Also, not sold that killing colored ones (gold ones) makes a difference. I think it's just a high volume spawn and easy to turn over. However.... If you go unmounted, wear a cloak, and run saying "Wheee!", I hear that does in fact increase your odds of spawning an uber-rare. Please report back if you try this "secret method".

Last edited:

Lady Sylph

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
After countless hours since the start of the even, 3 green rabbits, and tons of totems later I FINALLY got the Uber orange rabbit by complete chance of running through a place lol and on what I assume to be the last day or couple days before they end the spawns, so over rabbits now lol (it was off "a rabbit" as well never saw anything but green spawn from those jacks)

1650924408655.png