• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The elusive bunnies

Elaysia

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've spent 2 hours killing rabbits in tram spots and in Zento and a friend spent 2 and a half hours and neither of us got any colored rabbit or jack rabbit. Is there a special spot or what are we doing wrong?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A player has the pink one 1166 he got from using the totem. He had 4 blues, he gave me a blue one.

You want the Uber Rare Colors :)

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A player has the pink one 1166 he got from using the totem. He had 4 blues, he gave me a blue one.

You want the Uber Rare Colors :)
How many colors are there? I saw yellow/gold ones and one blue. I haven't seen a green one yet, nor pink. Are there others?

Elaysia

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I haven't tried Haven yet, I'll give it a try. Thanks.

Elaysia

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes both are rare, congrats you got really lucky.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Has anyone used the chromatic totem of fortune? I was thinking of getting one to use but not sure how well it would work. I'm also not sure I know of a spot where they predictably respawn... I know they are in Haven but they seem scattered between several screens so I don't think the totem would help if it's spawning off screen right?

Miretar

Journeyman
I have been to Haven 3 times and looked in various other places including Deluca and have not seen a colored rabbit. I am playing on Legends and the egg quest is not working either.

hungrymedusa1

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I have seen yellow and pink ones in/around buildings in the Brit fields and in the buildings near Skara fields. I think if you want a controlled spawn to use a totem at, that could be a good solution. I think 2 cats and 1 rabbit spawn in many of the farm buildings.

I have probably killed 30 rabbits for every colored one I have seen. This is on Pac and I have only seen and tamed yellow and pink - the common ones - so far.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'd agree with you but the problem with the totem is that you cannot use it everywhere (specifically in / around town). I did see that you CAN use the totem in the champ spawn but you can't tame the rabbits so it's a great way to see all the colors but not be able to tame them lol.

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
how are you guys getting hue id's on the rabbits? i try to get hue id on them and i just get the message that it only works in items

Shadeweaver

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Has anyone used the chromatic totem of fortune? I was thinking of getting one to use but not sure how well it would work. I'm also not sure I know of a spot where they predictably respawn... I know they are in Haven but they seem scattered between several screens so I don't think the totem would help if it's spawning off screen right?
I used one at a rabbit spawn point on moonglow island and got the 1966 Burnt Orange colored one and a white and blue one off of one charge of the totem? So ya I would say they work well. The real secret is to get a fast spawn point where you not going to be bothered by other players. I had one person on Atlantic come up and kill a white one I was taming just to be an ass.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sadly the totem does NOT work outside Delucia where tons of rabbits spawn.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jackrabbits just outside Luna can also come in the funky hues. Keep killin' them normal varmints.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Now that I have acquired my Green Bunny I can say I was using a totem outside Umbra... out the West Gate there is a tiny clearing in the ugly trees which has about 5 Jack Rabbits that spawn... North of there is about 2 other spots with 3 to 5 Jack Rabbits that spawn... and thankfully the Totem works there. Using up 3.1 Totems I got 1 white and 1 green Jack Rabbit... about 5 or 6 blue and about that many red... I did start killing blues... killed a LOT Of pink and yellow ones...

Good luck...

Edit: Sorry I meant EAST side not west! EAST ... go EAST out of Umbra!

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
1648419200802.png

This is the area I was using... I hear there is a nice area in the Desert Waste outside Zento as well... I do know rabbits do spawn there... and like I have mentioned before Malas and Tokuno tend to have a MUCH faster respawn rate than Tram/Fel... I know there is a fairly good spawn of rabbits/Jack Rabbits in Haven... but they respawn FAR too slowly to justify using a Totem there.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Now that I have acquired my Green Bunny I can say I was using a totem outside Umbra... out the West Gate there is a tiny clearing in the ugly trees which has about 5 Jack Rabbits that spawn... North of there is about 2 other spots with 3 to 5 Jack Rabbits that spawn... and thankfully the Totem works there. Using up 3.1 Totems I got 1 white and 1 green Jack Rabbit... about 5 or 6 blue and about that many red... I did start killing blues... killed a LOT Of pink and yellow ones...

Good luck...

Edit: Sorry I meant EAST side not west! EAST ... go EAST out of Umbra!
Can I ask more about where to place the totem? I tried just the one time so far and noticed that the only colored ones that spawned were within just a few tiles of the totem each time. So do I need to try and figure out and target a more centered area of the rabbit spawn area I am using?

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Can I ask more about where to place the totem? I tried just the one time so far and noticed that the only colored ones that spawned were within just a few tiles of the totem each time. So do I need to try and figure out and target a more centered area of the rabbit spawn area I am using?
Rabbits that are rare hued will teleport close to the totem. It's just how the totem works.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Rabbits that are rare hued will teleport close to the totem. It's just how the totem works.
So their not actually spawning that close to the totem, they are being teleported there after they spawn?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have only seen the totem used in Kirin passage. The nightmare s are too close to teleport I guess. They don't. I wondered how they would work in the other nightmare area.

But that is cool. Do you see them fly through the air? :lol: Does someone else in a different place see them spawn and go poof or fly away.

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Dumb question--how do you recharge the totems?

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dumb question--how do you recharge the totems?
You don't. It comes with three charges, each time you use it, it takes a charge. Each charge is good for 20 mins of use.

Reactions: Gem

Elaysia

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is the area I was using... I hear there is a nice area in the Desert Waste outside Zento as well... I do know rabbits do spawn there... and like I have mentioned before Malas and Tokuno tend to have a MUCH faster respawn rate than Tram/Fel... I know there is a fairly good spawn of rabbits/Jack Rabbits in Haven... but they respawn FAR too slowly to justify using a Totem there.
So I've used 9 totems so far and I've got 2 white rabbits, 3 rare pinks and no uber's. I've placed it very close to where you are MalagAste.

I also tried the Zento Desert and it was by far the worse area, then we went to Haven. Haven, had way to many mongbats to deal with and we only got 1 white rabbit there.

I tried the gate around Trisnic, that spot was great for rabbits but 0 rares...none.

Also, tried the area right outside of Luna gate and though it had tons of rabbits the color spawn rate was really bad.

Anyway, anyone else get the uber's and if so where did you go?

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I've used 9 totems so far and I've got 2 white rabbits, 3 rare pinks and no uber's. I've placed it very close to where you are MalagAste.

I also tried the Zento Desert and it was by far the worse area, then we went to Haven. Haven, had way to many mongbats to deal with and we only got 1 white rabbit there.

I tried the gate around Trisnic, that spot was great for rabbits but 0 rares...none.

Also, tried the area right outside of Luna gate and though it had tons of rabbits the color spawn rate was really bad.

Anyway, anyone else get the uber's and if so where did you go?
A friend I know got one, the uber red color. Then proceeded it to kill it and make rabbit stew. Unintentional of course.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have only seen the totem used in Kirin passage. The nightmare s are too close to teleport I guess. They don't. I wondered how they would work in the other nightmare area.

But that is cool. Do you see them fly through the air? :lol: Does someone else in a different place see them spawn and go poof or fly away.
They spawn as normal color then poof, then reappear near the totem in a new color. Similar to how paragons spawn with a teleport added in when they change hue.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok Nightmares don't do that at Kirin passage they just spawn as the color they stay.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok Nightmares don't do that at Kirin passage they just spawn as the color they stay.
The Nightmares do it too. It’s just possible for them to also spawn with the rare hue and not get changed.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Nightmares do it too. It’s just possible for them to also spawn with the rare hue and not get changed.
I have never seen a Nightmare chance color or teleport in Kirin passage. They spawn the color they stay. That area is very small. But would be cool to see them fly around.

Ruby Knight

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Got 3 Green and 4 White so far. Just want that orange/red one! I'll trade 2 of my green ones for a orange/red one!

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The highest I've seen without a totem is blue which I have two of.

I guess I might have to try a totem if I want anything better. I hurt my knee over the weekend so I was on a good bit yesterday in the very early morning and I probably killed a couple hundred bunnies but never saw anything better than pink.

I was bouncing back and forth between Umbra where @MalagAste described and outside of Delucia.

Lady Sylph

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I tried several spots and usually had better luck running around cycling all different areas, I spent 2 totems worth of charges in the spot mentioned before and only got 1 blue to spawn so I gave up with totems and just ran everywhere and ended up finally getting it today with no totem in a different spot!

Took me a little over 5 hours or more straight of cycling 7-8 different spawns outside towns in random areas to finally find one, outside New Haven is a really good spot because of all the spawns of bunnies and I just run through there Earthquake casting where I could and then recall back to the start and do it all over again.

1648582660758.png

Last edited:

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can anyone confirm if the white, green and orange hues spawn as both rabbits and jack rabbits? I have seen both spawn for the hues up to 1166. Only seen Jack Rabbits as the green. Just wondering what other peoples are seeing.

Lady Sylph

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Can anyone confirm if the white, green and orange hues spawn as both rabbits and jack rabbits? I have seen both spawn for the hues up to 1166. Only seen Jack Rabbits as the green. Just wondering what other peoples are seeing.

The green and white I tamed spawned as jack rabbit so pretty sure orange as well even though I'm searching for that one myself still.

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's definitely a different experience using a totem. After a week of seeing 2 blues at max, I got a white and hot pink with 1 totem (and half a dozen blues).

Neat item - I wish it were somehow rechargeable.

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
THIS is exactly why I bought a pet bonding potion and used it RIGHT away on my green, I had a white bunny I got off a totem die right after I got it :(
I must say this is the most amazing post I have seen so far here. Everyone else get your stuff togeather!

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The green and white I tamed spawned as jack rabbit so pretty sure orange as well even though I'm searching for that one myself still.
Good to know. Both of my green were jack rabbits, but I have yet to see a white. Just unlucky RNG, but I’ll keep trying .

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
So I used the totem outside of Luna, there is a great spot with a lot of jack rabbit spawns. I used 2 totems, got a bunch of pinks, some of the redish/pink and a couple blues. No green, white or orange.
Someone said the totem doesn't work everywhere. Does that mean you place it and it doesn't do anything, or it just won't let you place the totem? Just wanted to make sure I'm not wasting the charges on nothing at all.