• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The elusive bunnies

Lord Brackus

Visitor
So I used the totem outside of Luna, there is a great spot with a lot of jack rabbit spawns. I used 2 totems, got a bunch of pinks, some of the redish/pink and a couple blues. No green, white or orange.
Someone said the totem doesn't work everywhere. Does that mean you place it and it doesn't do anything, or it just won't let you place the totem? Just wanted to make sure I'm not wasting the charges on nothing at all.
You will get an error message if you cannot place it in an area, it won't let you waste it. If you are able to place it, you can get rare colors nearby.

Lady Sylph

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
So I used the totem outside of Luna, there is a great spot with a lot of jack rabbit spawns. I used 2 totems, got a bunch of pinks, some of the redish/pink and a couple blues. No green, white or orange.
Someone said the totem doesn't work everywhere. Does that mean you place it and it doesn't do anything, or it just won't let you place the totem? Just wanted to make sure I'm not wasting the charges on nothing at all.
I think they mean it won't work to place them everywhere, it does work outside certain towns and if it allows you to place you will have a chance at the orange and green but I've used 3 totems so far and no luck (I got my green during a no totem run) while I see others stating they used 1-2 and had an orange or green so it's all just random luck on if you get that specific color during your totem use.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just said in other thread ... got 3 of the green/black Jack Rabbits just last night... Don't have any red/black... did tame a white Jack Rabbit.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just kind of an update on the totems because I think there might be some confusion out there. This is based on my findings.

1. You cannot place a totem in town.
  2. Not sure why but you also can't place outside Delucia.
  3. When a totem impacts a color, only the person that placed the totem can tame (others will get a message they cannot tame).
  4. Totem only impacts what spawns on the screen with the totem (ie it doesn't work 2 screens away and it doesn't teleport anything to the totem). I tested this with #3.

Last edited:

Lady Sylph

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Just said in other thread ... got 3 of the green/black Jack Rabbits just last night... Don't have any red/black... did tame a white Jack Rabbit.
Did you use a totem for these spawns as well? I've burned 3 so far and most I've gotten is 1 white rabbit off them so my luck isn't good I guess with the totems

I've also not seen an orange yet, been trying for one for the last 5 hours today and did I think maybe 8 hours yesterday and only saw that 1 green

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Did you use a totem for these spawns as well? I've burned 3 so far and most I've gotten is 1 white rabbit off them so my luck isn't good I guess with the totems

I've also not seen an orange yet, been trying for one for the last 5 hours today and did I think maybe 8 hours yesterday and only saw that 1 green
I was using a Totem... have not seen the red/black one... got 1 white... using the Totem and the 3 black/green also using the totem... prior to using a totem never saw any of the rares... just blue, pink, "orange?" ... and yellow... The ones which seem more... white/colored... and the yellow.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just kind of an update on the totems because I think there might be some confusion out there. This is based on my findings.

3. When a totem impacts a color, only the person that placed the totem can tame (others will get a message they cannot tame).
  4. Totem only impacts what spawns on the screen with the totem (ie it doesn't work 2 screens away and it doesn't teleport anything to the totem). I tested this with #3.
Your number 4 is not correct. It does both.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Upon my testing I saw zero rabbits teleporting. If you have a video showing otherwise I'd love to see it
It’s helpful to have two accounts and two screens (I have 4 of each) so you can be off screen and see it spawn/vanish with one character and reappear with the other. I’ll try and create/post a video this evening.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
saw one spawn at the totem it changed from reg to white then blue then back to the yellow lol

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

You are incorrect on 3 and 4.

3. Anyone guilded (tool tip also says party, we haven't confirmed that though) with the totem placer can tame the colored rabbits created by the totem.
4. There appear to be spawn zones. Based on testing some are really small, some really large (multiple screens). Some zones can be right next to each other.

Here is the example:
1648670398928.png
That is all one spawn zone. We generally place the totem in the middle at the x. Rabbits tend to like spawning on either end of the zone, color rabbits created by the totem will teleport to the same area as the totem and hue themselves. Only people within our guild tame them when we have a totem up in that zone

Some other zones:
1648670625549.png
This umbra one is right next to the one in the above screenshot

1648670798717.png
This Luna spawn zone has several different small spawn zones to the south from our testing.

We've found quite a few other spots from our testing and been able to find approximate borders for those.

Last edited:

Lady Sylph

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Be careful when you place a totem, I had a person come by my spawn point and drop EVs which can kill the rabbits before you can even tame. Can only imagine how frustrating that would be if an uber rare spawned and died right away after popping a totem, I didn't have a totem up at the time but I would have been extremely upset if I did.

Elaysia

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We had someone taming our rabbits that was not in guild or party right near the totem in that Luna spot in the picture up there.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
We had someone taming our rabbits that was not in guild or party right near the totem in that Luna spot in the picture up there.
I should have specified only the color bunnies created by the totem cannot be tamed within the totem region, post edited.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thanks @Merus. Would like to see this happen as I didn't see any bunnies teleport as I was running around with a totem nearby but maybe this is paired with what Khaelor said about spawn areas (I was crossing spawn areas I believe).

Thanks for the clarification @Khaelor - I was with a friend while they used a totem (we aren't guilded or partied) and I was unable to tame so good call out there.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Upon my testing I saw zero rabbits teleporting. If you have a video showing otherwise I'd love to see it

Best example was at 13:56. Brown bunny spawns in the top left screen and immediately disappears... and a yellow bunny appears in the lower right screen near the totem. (HD video is still processing from the upload, so it may be a few minutes before the resolution improves).

PS, don't judge my messy classic client backpacks :D

Last edited:

Lady Sylph

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I've used 6 totems now I think, I now have 1 uber from no totem after using 3 totems I finally just got another green off the 4th totem but then non on 5 and 6 so my luck is not as lucky as @MalagAste or maybe I'm not placing in the best spots for each area I'm trying out.

Would have preferred the 1966 orange rabbit but I guess I can at least trade the extra green if anyone happens to get double of the orange so that is a plus

1648685795333.png

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I can't get that rabbit either 6 totems in... so you are not alone. I got 4 or 5 of the green and black now though.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Best example was at 13:56. Brown bunny spawns in the top left screen and immediately disappears... and a yellow bunny appears in the lower right screen near the totem. (HD video is still processing from the upload, so it may be a few minutes before the resolution improves).

PS, don't judge my messy classic client backpacks :D
Ah thank you! That makes sense what you are saying now.

Do you play with those 4 accounts on 1 (or 2) screens like that? Whenever I want to dual client I kinda toggle back and forth and can't really the full screen of play (same monitor). Just wondering if you have like a 48' monitor or perhaps have a better setup. Thanks!

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ah thank you! That makes sense what you are saying now.

Do you play with those 4 accounts on 1 (or 2) screens like that? Whenever I want to dual client I kinda toggle back and forth and can't really the full screen of play (same monitor). Just wondering if you have like a 48' monitor or perhaps have a better setup. Thanks!
I have 4 22” monitors mounted on a stand (arranged just like the video shows them). I like this better than 1 large screen, but there is a definite advantage when multi-clienting to not having to toggle back and forth.

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
So I did a few more totems last night, 7 total. On the 2nd and 6th ones I got a green rabbit. Still not Orange or white ones. Maybe orange is slightly rarer than green? Hoping to get those with my last 3 charge totem so I don't need to buy more!

I can also attest that the totem will teleport rabbits near it. When using EC you can zoom your screen way out to the point where you can see the entire spawning area. I can sometimes see a rabbit spawn then disappear and reappear a moment later at the totem with a color. All-in-all the totem appears to work as advertised. I can't tell exactly what the effective radius is of the totem. It's slightly more than a standard screen in CC, since like I said I could see them teleport when zoomed out.

It took a couple tries to figure out where to place the totem so I was as centered as possible in the spawn area. Once I did that I was getting a lot of colored bunnies quite consistently: pinks, blues, reds and a lot of yellows. Some were caused by the totem when you'd see it teleport to the totem and change color. Some were just natural spawned bunnies. I'd say about 30% - 40% were made by the totem. This is just a rough observation.

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
So I was reading through the UO-CAH write-up on the event and I missed this note previously:

"The Totem of Chromatic Fortune from the UO Store works to increase your chance at a rare spawn!
Note: Uber rare 1966 (Orange) has only been discovered on Rabbits so far. Uber rare 1969(Green) has only been discovered on Jack Rabbits so far. It's possible these are unique colors to those specific species."

Since I've only gotten the green on Jack Rabbits, I'm guessing this is the case. Can anyone else verify this?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I was reading through the UO-CAH write-up on the event and I missed this note previously:

"The Totem of Chromatic Fortune from the UO Store works to increase your chance at a rare spawn!
Note: Uber rare 1966 (Orange) has only been discovered on Rabbits so far. Uber rare 1969(Green) has only been discovered on Jack Rabbits so far. It's possible these are unique colors to those specific species."

Since I've only gotten the green on Jack Rabbits, I'm guessing this is the case. Can anyone else verify this?
I’ve been asking the same. So far I haven’t seen anyone confirm an orange jack rabbit or a green rabbit. I’ve personally confirmed all the others spawn as both, except a white rabbit, but was told it exists. I have 3 or 4 green jack rabbits, but was farming an area where only jack rabbits spawn.

Ruby Knight

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Maybe rabbit = uber red vs jack rabbit = uber green could be confirmed by dropping a totem at the champ spawn. Seems like the easiest way to confirm.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Maybe rabbit = uber red vs jack rabbit = uber green could be confirmed by dropping a totem at the champ spawn. Seems like the easiest way to confirm.
Someone did this on ATL and I did see the Uber red spawn... I didn't see any greens or whites when they dropped the totem at the spawn.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have 1 white... was a Jack Rabbit... and 5 green/black all Jack Rabbits. 0 of the Red/black.

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
I’ve been asking the same. So far I haven’t seen anyone confirm an orange jack rabbit or a green rabbit. I’ve personally confirmed all the others spawn as both, except a white rabbit, but was told it exists. I have 3 or 4 green jack rabbits, but was farming an area where only jack rabbits spawn.
That must be the case then. I'll have to find a good rabbit farming area and see if I can get that elusive Orange/Black rabbit, hopefully a white one too!

Ruby Knight

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I too am curious about this now, if I could find a good spawning rabbit farm I might pop a totem and try because both my green rabbits were from jack rabbits and seen no orange from jack
I'll get on after I get home from work and try some spots as well and report back.

Lady Sylph

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Someone mentioned there was a rabbit spawn spot on Moonglow Island but I'm not seeing anything but a single rabbit near the buildings? Also it seems just plain rabbits only spawn in Trammel and not Malas/ect?

Last edited:

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The white rabbit I have is Jack Rabbit and still cant find a reg rabbit spawn that is fast

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm not seeing anywhere that plain rabbits spawn where you can use a totem in any decent rate of spawn...

Lady Sylph

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm not seeing anywhere that plain rabbits spawn where you can use a totem in any decent rate of spawn...
Yeah I tried the NW side of New Haven and it was such a slow spawn rate, wasted two charges and only thing I got was 1 blue, I might just got to trying my luck in Malas areas, I think the Trammel areas are only good for recall runs to different areas in cycles then using totems on

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Best bunny spawn is the champ spawn... they could have made that a more desirable option if the darn things could be tamed...

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
Has anyone had luck finding a good rabbit spawning spot? The best so far seems to be doing recall runs through New Haven, Brit and Jhelom. I tried finding places in Malas, Eodon and Ter-Mur. I found a great spot in Ter-Mur, rabbits only, really fast spawn rate, but you cannot place a totem and it appears it does not spawn any colored rabbits at all. 50+ rabbits and not a single colored one.
I walked around Tokuno a bit but didn't find anything either that wasn't Jack Rabbits.

Ruby Knight

Sage
Stratics Veteran
No luck either. I found a spot in the lost lands that has 5 or 6 rabbits but the spawn was slow and can't place a totem.

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
East Luna just outside the walls.
East Umbra just over the bridge.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No luck either. I found a spot in the lost lands that has 5 or 6 rabbits but the spawn was slow and can't place a totem.
It is disappointing that you can’t place a totem in the lost lands (at least not any place I’ve tried).

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
@Keven2002
""What exactly are people "winning"; a colored rabbit with zero fighting ability and 2 slot max stats? Is the bar set that low for you guys to be considered "winning"?""

*laughs*