• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

temp NaK thread

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
grape

("peel me a grape, Buelah!" of course, the perfect answer to 'peel' would have been Emma, but I'm pretty sure just you and me would have known that one, Otis)

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Render

(In Texas, where we eat jalapenos the way God intended, you just don't need to be messin around w the 80 grit. Certainly not if you are over 40. Nice job on the linky DO :D)

M

MoneyMaker

Lard
(#1 ingredient in anything made in the south. No matter what it is, its better with 100% genuine Lard!)
(Also the reason for use of the 80 grit.)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
straws

(when I was a kid there were things called Flavor Straws..... looked like a regular straw but inside there would be a ribbon of either chocolate or strawberry flavoring, so your milk became flavored milk..... course, most of the straws never made it to a glass of milk, we'd tear them open and eat the sweet stuff)

M

MoneyMaker

Pine (as in Pine straw, although they are needles, we still call it straw since it can,and is,baled in square bale, exactly like wheat straw.)

M

MoneyMaker

Seeds (although, Synclaire was rolling around in my mind as a response to Nut :D)

G

grandpa otis

Hippie

went to the river for a week and the thread got stuck in the 60"s :)

M

MoneyMaker

Tripping
(Imagine it while watching this. :danceb: Better wear a helmet, because it will blow your mind)

G

grandpa otis

neighbor

every time he rides by on his bike I am reminded of that Bellamy Brothers hit...

G

grandpa otis

hillbillies

aye on the "old hippie" cant hear the song without thinking of him and can't see him without thinking of the song,, I think it must have been written bout him. the ponytail, the earrings, the tattooes, the squinty eye with the wackybacky quirley hanging in corner of mouth, the "Harley' :) and sadly the bad "trips" back to 'Nam when he's deep in his cups

M

MoneyMaker

Smokies (can't help but think of the smokies when a cabin is mentioned. If you want a sweet vacation, rent a cabin there.)

G

grandpa otis

outhouse

ours was a 2 seater but my wife's people had a 3 seater,, they were a bit uppity :)

M

MoneyMaker

cesspit

My kids have no idea what a outhouse is. I remember the one we had, all too well. (damn cold in kentucky in febuary.)

G

grandpa otis

Privy

and it's not a joke, we really did keep a Sears,Roebuck catalog out there,,,but it was in addition to regular paper not in lieu of regular paper, cept in an emergency of course :) the pages of it were ripped out, rolled into a tubelike stick, lit like a torch and burned under the seat to warm it in winter and to kill the spiders in summer. Gad!! why do we ever say in the "Good Ole Days" lol

M

MoneyMaker

Commode

We had the sears catalog too, but we did use it for "non-sears" activity. Wad it up and rub it together whilst you take care of other "buisness" and it would be nice and soft.
Wish I had thought of using it to warm the seat in winter. Guess that I was more intent on getting back in the house.
Summer, well we had a stream close to the house. (If you have ever been around a outhouse in the summer, you know why the stream was the prefered choice.)

G

grandpa otis

throne

How we digress lol... reminds me of last summer whn sitting on porch and I told the old lady we had just passed the test to be "OLD" peeps, she asked how, I replied tht we had just spent a half hour sitting in swing drinking morning coffee dicussing the if, whens and hows of our bowel movements this week in far too great of detail,,,,, is called senility onset ....bet if some of these younger peeps knew where I lived they'd come unplug my keyboard :)

M

MoneyMaker

Rest

(aww........ Dev we were gonna rename this the Potty thread :D)
(Otis there is no such thing as senile, its just a case of "brain is full". Just like a computer when you fill the memory just a bit too much. The only thing different, we don't come equiped with a ctrl+alt+del funtion for reset.)

G

grandpa otis

never

and Money I actually do have a cont+alt+del, only its called "bet+ter+half", she's threatened to empty this head on numerous occassions

M

MoneyMaker

Ever

(Well there went my spleen. It fell out of my side, seems it split while reading Otis' last post. :lol::lol::lol::lol:)

G

grandpa otis

quick (minded)

tho I'm not speaking from experience

Hey Blesh , we scare ourselves sometimes :)
and wht's that dragon been smoking???

G

grandpa otis

-haired

Sorry Dev, just stuck on this age theme I guess, maybe cuz I'v just become "GREAT- Grandpa Otis" ?? I'll go golfing this week,, tht'll jump start me I think :)

M

MoneyMaker

Eight (ball)

Seems I live behind that sucker. i.e., still on dial-up and satillite. :coco:

M

MoneyMaker

Party

I don't masquerade, I am just a weird quirky person who is not gonna change or act different for anyone. Most love me for my foibles :D.