• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stratics: The "unvarnished" events of the past few days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So glad I laughed when the funding cries started, this site should have been left to rot as it has been for ages. Nothing has changed except the names doing the banning.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am very busy right now. All I am going to ask is to please keep his discussion civil and don't get this thread locked before I've had a chance to post... which will be later this evening.

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
I will take this "only opportunity" that we have to say what we want, without the fear of getting wacked right away for asking such of things!!

1) As far as I know, the RoC is supposed to work or been enforced Here, and Here Only!!, I was banned a few times and "forced" to change my name bc my previous name was "related" to a 3rd party website, and I had to remove my "personal Information from other Forums or websites because was related of RMT. So, my point is, WHY anything that I DO or OWN or post ANYWHERE out of this Forum should affect my profile here, or should I be banned or forced to change my name???
It is pretty clear, that as long as you don't promote RMT here or in the game you should be fine.
This happened with me and with quite a few other people that I know. The previous and some of the current "Mods" went over a few personal websites and other forums and applied the ROC forcing them to change the names or whatever bc their names were associate with RMT!!
What kind of "rights" you have to go somewhere else snoop for some info and apply here on this forum??? I don't think that Anyone here have the right to say anything about your business from OUTSIDE this forum....

2) Some of the Mods involved in the so called "list", had to step down and I agree with the decision, bc they took "actions" based on personal matters. I even think that most of the people Involved on those lists (MODS) should really step down or at least loose the ability to "Ban" people!!

There is a lot more that I wanted to say but .........It's better if I don't!

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is the second time you've spouted this nonsense in this thread. There is no "civil law" involved here, nor is the presence of your name on a list a violation. Please leave the Freeman on the Land gibberish for other places and other discussions.
I guess we will find out. I can't see how someone can blatantly call me a racists without evidence then use the accusation against me.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Those of us who donated, donated based on the plan put forward that there would be a board of directors in place who would supervise, manage, and have fiduciary responsibility for Stratics's health, environment, and thriving community.

Based on the fact that I currently sit on two large non profit Boards I can tell you for a fact that it is exactly the boards job to have the types of conversations that were leaked out for the exact reasons they were having them as stated in the OP.

Now the wording of the language from the private closed door conversation might be a bit off but the topic was dead on and a responsible topic for a board of their nature to discuss.

I would also note that most (I did not say none) of the folks having a problem with this do not carry a site supporter or a campaign supporter banner on their account. Most I do not view as being a supporter in any way of Stratics based on their posts, actions, and language they use both here on Stratics and other places.

The board is in place to have these hard conversations and to make decisions in regards to moving the community in a positive direction and increasing constructive conversations in the community.

You have heard me say it before. I am fine with criticism of pretty much everything as long as it is constructive and comes with ideas suggestions of how to improve it.

Pointless trolling, posts made just to stir the crap are basically just harassment. Harassment has always been against the ROC and harassment should be eliminated as it has no place in our community.

While I love you JC and appreciate the support you provided the campaign both before and after I was very disappointed to see posts on your own site, by you, directing people to go to stratics and post about pvp because the moderators can't handle it. Frankly that is harassment and you are a much bigger person than that. Being a leader in our over all larger UO community I would expect more from you than that. I can see why the board would consider that a problem and add you to a discussion list. There is probably a way to turn all that around but that is between you and the board. It certainly won't happen with all the posting of the drama at your site.

For all you JC lovers that are about to flame me re read the last paragraph again, count to 10 and think about what I said first.

One thing I very much appreciate about this board of directors is that they do take the time to thoroughly discuss a situation before making a joint decision. What was released to the public was a small part of a large conversation considering an action. Not a decision. It is completely out of context and my good Friend Clops not only openly regretted, apologized for, and asked for the community to return and or delete the conversation.

This Clops, that some of you are saying has all your respect and admiration. Your hero even. Is in fact being shown no respect by you at all. If you truly respected Clops, his absolutely apology, and plea for the deletion of documents so that the drama went no further and the damage. Then we would not be discussing this issue at such a depth.

You do not ignore people you greatly respect.

I for one have a lot of respect for Clops, We all make mistakes but rarely do you see someone take ownership, ask for forgiveness, and accept the consequences like he has. I would partner with him anytime. Thanks Clops for setting an excellent example on forgiveness.

Now that the board has dealt with the issue of the released documents by reviewing the situation and posting a statement. I feel it is time for them to go back to work and finish the conversation around the issues they were discussing that had to do with the health of the community.

I would expect that once they finish reviewing all considerations and have come to their joint decision as a board. We will then have another communication to the community on the final results for the accountability they have decided to put in place.

Thanks Stratics team members for all your hard work I know it has been a trying few days and well thanks for putting up with the community. We know you do it only for the love of the community.

Last edited:

I Actually PVP

Adventurer
I was very disappointed to see posts on your own site directing people to goto stratics and post about pvp because the moderators can't handle it.
I think you guys, again, are taking things far too literally. I and others had been posting about pvp related issues before that, Paith and others had only just started posting on here (again they had started doing that before JC made that post), and there weren't even that many posts.

Further, ALL THOSE POSTS ARE ABOUT LEGITIMATE ISSUES AND/OR BUGS!

Nothing was done with malicious intent, nothing about it was personal.

I think JC, myself, and others, were more just amused that after years of bashing and hating on Stratics, many pvpers were finally biting the bullet and coming on here and posting about legitimate issues in a respectful way (something that much of Stratics' regular posters had for a long time talked down on us for, as if we were all incapable of doing anything but trolling and talking smack in gen-chat).

And lo and behold, we had a lot to say, we said it politely, we welcomed discussion, and we were succeeding in getting the Devs to look at long-standing issues/bugs that we (the pvp community) cared about.

However, because @Nexus and @Riyana don't see the value in our posts, they call us "turds", "undesirables", claim we're destroying "their forums"...even if they have the legal right to do that, I think it's pretty darn clear that what they did was wrong, malicious, personal, and was not done in the interest of UO.

Last edited:

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think you guys, again, are taking things far too literally. I and others had been posting about pvp related issues before that, Paith and others had only just started posting on here, and there weren't even that many posts. Further, ALL THOSE POSTS ARE ABOUT LEGITIMATE ISSUES AND/OR BUGS!

I, I think JC, and others, were more just amused that after years of bashing and hating on Stratics, many pvpers were finally biting the bullet and coming on here and posting about legitimate issues in a respectful way (something that much of Stratics' regular posters had for a long time talked down on us for, as if we were all incapable of doing anything but trolling and talking smack in gen-chat).

Lo and behold, we had a lot to say, we said it politely, and we were succeeding in getting the Devs to look at long-standing that we (the pvp community) cared about.

However, because @Nexus and @Riyana don't see the value in our posts, they call us "turds", "undesirables", claim we're destroying "their forums"...even if they have the legal right to do that, I think it's pretty darn clear that what they did was wrong, malicious, personal, and was not done in the interest of UO.
It's amazing that this was seen as malicious. No one came over here and harassed anyone. Legit issues in the game actually got fixed because of this. There seems to be this double standard on these forums. If some non trammy comes here and posts about problems about the game, and they aren't regulars with a bunch of badges next to their name then it's harassment, apparently.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I think you guys, again, are taking things far too literally. I and others had been posting about pvp related issues before that, Paith and others had only just started posting on here, and there weren't even that many posts. Further, ALL THOSE POSTS ARE ABOUT LEGITIMATE ISSUES AND/OR BUGS!

I, I think JC, and others, were more just amused that after years of bashing and hating on Stratics, many pvpers were finally biting the bullet and coming on here and posting about legitimate issues in a respectful way (something that much of Stratics' regular posters had for a long time talked down on us for, as if we were all incapable of doing anything but trolling and talking smack in gen-chat).

Lo and behold, we had a lot to say, we said it politely, and we were succeeding in getting the Devs to look at long-standing that we (the pvp community) cared about.

Obviously you missed this part

"For all you JC lovers that are about to flame me re read the last paragraph again, count to 10 and think about what I said first."

I have no problem with someone posting "legitimate issues and/or bugs" or constructive criticism. I do have a problem and so evidently does the Board of Director and many others with encouraging people to post on a forum because the form staff can't handle it.

Let's also recognize that the forum you referred to has gone un moderated for a very long time. Something JC stated himself. The environment there is must more caustic, for lack of a better word, than it is on Stratics. It is not the Stratics communities job to recognize that fact and accept it. It is your job to recognize that you need to tone it down or as a result end up with an action against you.

I Actually PVP

Adventurer
I have no problem with someone posting "legitimate issues and/or bugs" or constructive criticism. I do have a problem and so evidently does the Board of Director and many others with encouraging people to post on a forum because the form staff can't handle it.

Let's also recognize that the forum you referred to has gone un moderated for a very long time. Somethig JC stated himself. The environment there is must more caustic, for lack of a better word, than it is on Stratics. It is not the Stratics communities job to recognize that fact and accept it. It is your job to recognize that you need to tone it down or as a result end up with an action against you.
Reread my post, you're taking things too literally. The end-goal/point wasn't about the mods on stratics. There were only like 10 pvp related posts, how the hell was that destabilizing?

Who cares if JC's forum had gone unmoderated, what does that have to do with postings on Stratics? You've continued to post and sell on JC's boards unmoderated or not (and against the Stratics ROC and spirit I might add), how is that at all relevant?

Edit: also, what aspect of our posts needed to be toned down? We brought up legit issues, discussed them, and brought them to the Devs' attention...it's not like we went into any trammie threads (like the not getting Valentines gifts) and derailed those (although I could say that the opposite happened to several pvp-related threads).

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
God forbid anyone encourages people to post here. Can you even articulate what exactly you are upset about?

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Reread my post, you're taking things too literally. The end-goal/point wasn't about the mods on stratics. There were only like 10 pvp related posts, how the hell was that destabilizing?

Who cares if JC's forum had gone unmoderated, what does that have to do with postings on Stratics? You've continued to post and sell on JC's boards unmoderated or not, how is that at all relevant?
It's simple

Posting on stratics is fine

VS.

Directing people to post on stratics because the staff can't handle the needed moderation of it which in turn causes disruption is not fine.

This is very black and white.

The issue is the intent to cause problems which was clearly stated in the post.

Now all that being said, you should refer back to the rest of my post and realize I think JC is a good guy but could have done better around this.

I Actually PVP

Adventurer
It's simple

Posting on stratics is fine

VS.

Directing people to post on stratics because the staff can't handle the needed moderation of it which in turn causes disruption is not fine.

This is very black and white.

The issue is the intent to cause problems which was clearly stated in the post.

Now all that being said, you should refer back to the rest of my post and realize I think JC is a good guy but could have done better around this.
Look at the timeline. The majority of posts were started before JC even posted that.

Also again, how were our posts destabilizing but other posts are not destabilizing?

We brought up legitimate issues, we welcomed discussion, we kept it civil, we got results, and somehow we did something bad...?

Edit: I'm just going to leave this here because I think this was what was at the heart of JC's post on his forums.

"I think JC, myself, and others, were more just amused that after years of bashing and hating on Stratics, many pvpers were finally biting the bullet and coming on here and posting about legitimate issues in a respectful way (something that much of Stratics' regular posters had for a long time talked down on us for, as if we were all incapable of doing anything but trolling and talking smack in gen-chat)."

In short, we bit the bullet, we played by your rules, we were getting results and proving Stratics' favorite stereotypes about the pvp community were wrong, and that was somehow treated as destabilizing and intrusive.

Last edited:

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Lord Nabin This was the post word for word, please show me where you see malicious intent:

If anyone is interested, Paithen is trying to bring attention to some long standing issues on Stratics UHall. The reason these never get fixed is because the developers only respond to complaints on Stratics.

So if you want to try and make PVP better, you could post comments on Stratics.

http://stratics.com/forums/uhall.35/

Take your pick of topics:

http://stratics.com/threads/enough-is-e ... -2.370135/
http://stratics.com/threads/adding-a-sk ... ve.370126/
http://stratics.com/threads/can-we-get- ... hi.370049/
http://stratics.com/threads/spiritualit ... ce.367041/
http://stratics.com/threads/enough-is-e ... ts.370123/
http://stratics.com/threads/lower-mana- ... rs.369990/
http://stratics.com/threads/wall-of-stone.369796/
http://stratics.com/threads/thunderstorm-3.369982/
http://stratics.com/threads/insta-suit- ... ec.369173/
http://stratics.com/threads/poll-in-reg ... ead.370062

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
All of that is really besides the point.
Nexus et. al. have been unreasonably silent during this time. Public apology should be made at the very least. And should have been made long before I posted the suggestion. There is no excuse for their actions no matter how you try to justify them (sorry Nabin). You want to hate on someone do it in vent like the rest of us. Not in writing while controlling a major fansite for a brand that has given mutual support to the site for the past 20 years. If I were Mesanna I would be pissed. Why would the company even read these forums anymore. The integrity is gone. People paid money because they thought they were supporting a community. Now they are finding out they simply bought a group of people a present. There's a huge difference.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think the people posting hear speak volumes both for and against some of the actions taken of late.

I can say this.... I donated money to the Fund for the sole reason that I still come to this site to get information about the Game that I LOVE. I still come here to get information about monsters and what their weaknesses are .... I still come here to find out what are the vet rewards for a 10 or 12 year vet... I still come here to answer questions of new or returning players and others who are not willing to come to these forums anymore.

And the reasons that many of those people that won't come here anymore have been summarily justified by most of those posting in this thread.

IMO the "list" was justified. I would hope that the powers that be on a forum I go to track and keep watch over offensive behavior that is counter community and immature. And I would further hope that they would take appropriate action against those that threaten and abuse the community.

Furthermore I would hope that they would remove things that are not directly related to the community of UO or it's management or about the game or gameplay. As I come here to learn about the game, gameplay and to voice my own concerns over the directions of the game itself. I have no vendetta against anyone or the DEVs or any poster on these forums. But at the sametime as a member of the Human Race... I honestly do not come here to be slammed by rudeness, intolerance, immaturity or flat out abuse.

I am NOT a Mod on these forums for very good reason. And I applaud each and every one of them for the work they do in their own free time... to take the abuse and put up with all the intolerance and immaturity on a daily basis as they do takes FAR more than I could tolerate. And I've SEEN first hand much of the stuff that is posted on these forum in the dead of the night by people who shouldn't be allowed the use of a computer and honestly I question if they should be allowed in the rest of society as they clearly have issues that go beyond immaturity.

I still defend and will defend Captain Norrington and I still believe he behaved in a respectable manner mayhaps a bit heavyhandedly and I have more respect for him than I do a great many people on and off this forum. I have ZERO respect for people who twist this into a free for all to take stabs and potshots at other players, mods, or the Boardmembers of this forum.

I should hope that in the future when things are calm they once again keep tabs on the unmentionables who make this place a hostile environment for those seeking answers to questions of the game and gameplay. Because that right there is what really and truly matters and what Moderation is for as well as keeping topics on track and consistent with the OP's intent.

Nuff Said.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
@Lord Nabin This was the post word for word, please show me where you see malicious intent:

If anyone is interested, Paithen is trying to bring attention to some long standing issues on Stratics UHall. The reason these never get fixed is because the developers only respond to complaints on Stratics.

No Friend. That is not the post word for word being referred to

"The Stratics staff appear to be having a really tough time moderating with the flood of PVP posts on Uhall. If you haven't posted you should do so for that reason alone:)"

This is straight out of the first screenshot of Links/JC on the discuss the list here thread.

This is cut and dry.

I will say it again.

I like JC, He is a leader in the greater UO Community. A leader I would expect a lot more from and a better example than this. Go back and reread what I wrote in full about this point in my OP

I Actually PVP

Adventurer

To be fair, that must be an edited version. Link did originally say something along the lines of "at the very least, the mods on stratics don't seem to know what to do with the flood of pvp posts" and he put a little smiley emoji next to it...the emoji is probably what made the post malicious.

Regardless though, look at the timeline. All those threads were started before Link even said anything. Further, there wasn't some massive influx of trolling or anything after he made that post.

Lastly, it's ridiculous to think anyone on Link's own boards even takes orders from him. We like the space he provides, that's it. Link pvp's with a fire element, he doesn't play or is even that close with anyone who posts regularly on his boards...

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a reply to Lord Nabins post I want to add one message, even though I decided not to contribute to tis madness anymore.

I don't know the person that published the internal communication. I don't think that he acted like a hero or even a whistleblower, because we are not talking about really important issues. To me, this behavior looked treacherous.

However, I did not notice his / her apology. If there was an apology good enough to be honored by Nabin, I have to apologize for my harsh words, even though I got some applause for them and I truly was outraged.

So, I want to tell him/her, that I respect his / her reaction and we all should. A very good man once preached about forgiveness - I hope the people who's communication has been exposed to the haters can forgive. As I said, I am sorry for being harsh.

The absolutely history-blind comparisons some people wrote in this thread, however, are a completely other issue and deserve every moralistic furor they can get.

I am out again. Thanks for paying attention.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
People need to realize two things:

1. A list to keep track of problem posters is OK
2. A list to discuss using permabans (Despite no ROC violations causing it) on "Problem" posters is BAD

Why do some of you fail to see the difference?

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
This. And the damage done because of this is huge. How some folk have remained in charge when there position is now untenable beggars belief.
Sorry friend don't get your hopes up . There is not a lot of "damage" done here. It's just a small interruption in a greater process of growing a community

DJ Diddles

Sage
Stratics Veteran
"The Stratics staff appear to be having a really tough time moderating with the flood of PVP posts on Uhall. If you haven't posted you should do so for that reason alone:)"

This is straight out of the first screenshot of Links/JC on the discuss the list here thread.

This is cut and dry.

I will say it again.

I like JC, He is a leader in the greater UO Community. A leader I would expect a lot more from and a better example than this. Go back and reread what I wrote in full about this point in my OP
Can you provide any proof or logic supporting the theory that JC's call to post PvP-related threads on Uhall was acted upon, let alone with the alleged malice evoked by a smiley emoji? All the PvP posts referenced in @I Actually PVP's posts were 1. legitimate issues 2. called for a developer response, no intervention of moderators necessary 3. actually try to contribute to the health of the game, rather than endless CC vs EC posts and harping on holiday gifts.

I Actually PVP

Adventurer
And you think we actually take orders from Link?

Was there a massive influx of destabilizing posts after he made that, no.

Were all the pvp related topics already open when he made that post, yes.

Did his post have any impact on Stratics' running besides rubbing a few admins the wrong way, I see no evidence pointing to that.

What justified their action? And if we're talking about taking actions against what was said on JC's boards, well Nabin lets just go through his trade forums and see how many times you've broken the rules and gone against the spirit of UO.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would also note that most (I did not say none) of the folks having a problem with this do not carry a site supporter or a campaign supporter banner on their account. Most I do not view as being a supporter in any way of Stratics based on their posts, actions, and language they use both here on Stratics and other places.
WT Just WOW. For the most part I support what you said but please tell me you are not inferring that people that have these banners can get away with more on here than people that do not have those banners. Guess we know who the special people are.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry friend don't get your hopes up . There is not a lot of "damage" done here. It's just a small interruption in a greater process of growing a community
You cannot possibly believe that is true. Stratics has just taken a massive step backwards. That 'greater process' would be helped enormously if certain individuals stepped down, and is severely undermined if they remain.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There seems to be this double standard on these forums. If some non trammy comes here and posts about problems about the game, and they aren't regulars with a bunch of badges next to their name then it's harassment, apparently.
I would also note that most (I did not say none) of the folks having a problem with this do not carry a site supporter or a campaign supporter banner on their account.
I don't know where you'd get that idea from, @elster, there's no elitism on display anywhere visible.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nabin,

The JC issue. What if it was me or someone else on another forum that said post on Stratics they can't handle it. Is there a difference because of who said it?

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
I will take this "only opportunity" that we have to say what we want, without the fear of getting wacked right away for asking such of things!!

1) As far as I know, the RoC is supposed to work or been enforced Here, and Here Only!!, I was banned a few times and "forced" to change my name bc my previous name was "related" to a 3rd party website, and I had to remove my "personal Information from other Forums or websites because was related of RMT. So, my point is, WHY anything that I DO or OWN or post ANYWHERE out of this Forum should affect my profile here, or should I be banned or forced to change my name???
It is pretty clear, that as long as you don't promote RMT here or in the game you should be fine.
This happened with me and with quite a few other people that I know. The previous and some of the current "Mods" went over a few personal websites and other forums and applied the ROC forcing them to change the names or whatever bc their names were associate with RMT!!
What kind of "rights" you have to go somewhere else snoop for some info and apply here on this forum??? I don't think that Anyone here have the right to say anything about your business from OUTSIDE this forum....

2) Some of the Mods involved in the so called "list", had to step down and I agree with the decision, bc they took "actions" based on personal matters. I even think that most of the people Involved on those lists (MODS) should really step down or at least loose the ability to "Ban" people!!

But than again @Lord Nabin some people here is taking "Outside" Info and using the same info to act against the Stratics Users Account, and my question stands , why any information outside this border should affect someone's account here??

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
WT Just WOW. For the most part I support what you said but please tell me you are not inferring that people that have these banners can get away with more on here than people that do not have those banners. Guess we know who the special people are.
That's the implication I get from it.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes I think some of you are asses (you know who you are)
*Holds wizard's hat in hand and shuffles feet*

Hello, My name is Uriah Heep, and I am an ass.

Now they are finding out they simply bought a group of people a present. There's a huge difference.

Yeah, and since It looks like no one really owns stratics?? they can do what they want with no serious repercussions. *shrugs*

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran

But than again @Lord Nabin some people here is taking "Outside" Info and using the same info to act against the Stratics Users Account, and my question stands , why any information outside this border should affect someone's account here??

temu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know, this entire fiasco is why I am so entertained by this community. Good stuff.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's the implication I get from it.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Nope not what I said at all.

Several people have posted that the actions of the board where a slap in the face to people who financially supported the purchase

My point is most of the people and I quote most that have problems with how the board was working in fact I didn't help with the purchase based on their posts and actions in no way support the stratics community what so ever at all

Maybe I could have worded that section better but hopefully you get my point now

Last edited:

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
and

Several people have posted that the actions of the board where a slap in the face to people financially supported the purchase my point is most of the people and I quote most that have problems with how the board was working in fact I didn't put the purchase at all nor they do they support the stratix community in any way whatsoever based on their
After the actions of the last few days I would say that those of us that saw this coming and didn't contribute are vindicated.

And I do not say that as a told ya so. It is said with a heavy heart. Why can't we have a stable ROC, that staff and community follows, no abuses of power and everyone gets along. I would support the heck out of that!

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
No, that's not what he's saying. However, there's plenty of people who do have that banner who seem to feel that it should somehow permit them to attack others, break rules, and generally get away with it because they contributed $5, based on their comments here and at HOT.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Several people have posted that the actions of the board where a slap in the face to people financially supported the purchase my point is most of the people and I quote most that have problems with how the board was working in fact I didn't help with the purchase based on their posts and actions in no way support the stratics community what so ever at all

Maybe I could have worded that section better but hopefully you get my point now
I am sorry sir but that is in fact your statement and it most definitely implies that if those people being referred to had those banners than more leeway would have been given.

Chanel #1

Adventurer
As genuine as the OP's post seems to be, have we yet heard a formal apology for Nexus or Riyana? If not, I can provide a template. Here's an example of the appropriate person taking accountability for his/her actions. From Amy Pascal's (Former SONY Pictures CEO) apology letter after her emails were stolen and leaked: “The content of my emails were insensitive and inappropriate but are not an accurate reflection of who I am. Although this was a private communication that was stolen, I accept full responsibility for what I wrote and apologize to everyone who was offended.”

I appreciate the OP speaking on behalf of the board, but he/she did not contribute to the "House Cleaning" thread.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No, that's not what he's saying. However, there's plenty of people who do have that banner who seem to feel that it should somehow permit them to attack others, break rules, and generally get away with it because they contributed $5, based on their comments here and at HOT.
Yes it is what he is implying and why is the HOT being used when this is a Stratics problem. Are we now using Stratics ROC to ban people for what they say on other boards? I am a die hard LA RAMs fan, guess I better watch what I say there because someone on staff here may hate the LA RAMs

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I am sorry sir but that is in fact your statement and it most definitely implies that if those people being referred to had those banners than more leeway would have been given.
We will have to agree to disagree on that one.

It is not the intent of the statement by any means.

The point is they do not support stratics on anyway in fact cause a lot of problems mostly for fun or just because they can

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We will have to agree to disagree on that one.

It is not the intent of the statement by any means.

The point is they do not support stratics on anyway in fact cause a lot of problems mostly for fun or just because they can
Just because someone hasn't given to Stratics in the last few months doesn't mean we've never supported Stratics in any way. Some of us have been around here since the last century, remember.

Elenni

Stratics Sr. Leadership team member
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Forgive me if I missed something, but what about the whole reason this got going? Are you going to continue making a list of people to ban?
So let's walk through this again:

The "whole reason this got going" was because someone published a private conversation they had no right to distribute or share, and in fact were barred from publishing by the terms of their NDA. We have private spaces and conversations for a reason. Can anyone here honestly say that is an unreasonable expectation, or that they have never had a private conversation that wasn't meant to be shared?

As to the other: It was not, in fact, a list of people who would necessarily be banned. It was a continuation of an on-going (and often heatedly debated) discussion about what to do about community members whose primary purpose seems to be generating havoc in the community, undermining the volunteer moderators and purposely making their lives difficult, and generally trouncing on the rest of the community's ability to go about their business peacefully. BUT since no one happened to screenshot the ongoing discussions that preceded this facetiously-named thread, everybody gets to come to their own worst conclusions about what was intended and what would have occurred at the end of it. In fact, there have been any number of conversations on the topic of "what do we do with this problem" that resulted in nothing more than steam being blown off.

Furthermore, one of the reasons I was added to the list was for trying to "recruit people off Stratics for UOGuide". While I don't believe I ever did such a thing as to the detriment of Stratics and after discussion I simply just stopped posting here about UOGuide; you deleted my most recent post saying I'm trying to recruit people for our guild forum. I just want to know what is the line between mentioning another website and recruiting is?
Forgive me, but this seems very disingenuous given that we've had this and several similar discussions on more than one occasion. To review:
  • We do not have any issue with posting "I have new UO Guide pages" etc -- within reason of course. We have politely reminded you that there is a UO Guide forum under UO Resources -- just as there are several other useful 3rd-party UO-related sites and tools in that forum. That is what they are there for.
  • We do not have an issue with your sig, which is discreet and well within our guidelines.
  • We do feel it is poor etiquette to place "help wanted" posts for your site and other new ventures in UHall, in particular when you knew we were also trying to recruit new volunteers at the time. We attempted to compromise and asked that the post be moved to UO Resources. You refused, telling us to delete it while knowing that if we did so we'd be criticized by users who weren't privy to the conversation.
  • We specifically reached out to you in PM to explain that RMT advertisements are not permissible on Stratics, and asked you politely to edit it. You argued with us and refused, forcing us to remove that post as well.
  • As noted, we do not permit posts where the sole purpose is to try to cannibalize our community to get them to join your forum. We feel you should use your own resources to build your community, not ours.
  • Alternatively, telling your forum users they should come post on Stratics because you hear we're having trouble moderating pvp posts feels pretty antagonistic.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
2. A list to discuss using permabans (Despite no ROC violations causing it) on "Problem" posters is BAD
Let me ask a question.

Is a topic to discuss permabans on a user by user basis due to repeated violations okay?

Because often times, as staff on other forums and admins on other forums, we maintain documented proof in a thread dedicated to a user and then staff discuss when it gets piled too high whether the person should be finally permabanned.

In some ways, the list was not a surprise. The reasons behind the list were. But discussions on banning problem users is somethign that routinely happens and should happen when there is question if a user has crossed the line one too many times.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Yes it is what he is implying and why is the HOT being used when this is a Stratics problem. Are we now using Stratics ROC to ban people for what they say on other boards? I am a die hard LA RAMs fan, guess I better watch what I say there because someone on staff here may hate the LA RAMs
Let me break that down for you.

"However, there's plenty of people who do have that banner who seem to feel" = this is who is being discussed
"that it should somehow permit them to attack others, break rules, and generally get away with it" = this is what they are doing
"based on their comments here and at HOT" = this is where they are doing it, with the 'when' being obvious (the past few days' posts)
"because they contributed $5" = this is the important part, the WHY they think this is ok.

Sorry, you can twist the words, but nothing I said says anything about "using Stratics ROC to ban people for what they say on other boards".

Status
Not open for further replies.