• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Spoiler Alert...Forest of the Dark Event

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Also, I do go around and kill some Meer and Juka both. No loyalty increases/decreases from the last war deal.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the info! SO the blood tree is outside of the Juka town?

Sounds like the making of a another meer/juka war

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Nah, it's where Meer Catacombs and Blackthorns Castle used to be.

Don't think it's a Meer/Juka war.. Meer and Juka are both on the good and evil side on this one.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yes near the prisoners that have been missing. We'll have to free them somehow.
prisonersforst.jpg

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The trapper huts where Merida is supposed to be, that's where Julia is now, yes?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The trapper huts where Merida is supposed to be, that's where Julia is now, yes?
I have not found trapper huts on Atl yet...

and only two prisoners on our Shard. Damon and me. Guess they didn't like me calling Lorenzo a whimp after I saw his skills...
Untitled.jpg

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I found this....

1605729690488.png

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Found her!

Not that it helped...she's not talking and there's nothing else here....yet....*plays ominous music*

1605730165841.png

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
She is talking on Atl also...

but, no Garg encampment in that area here. Just two Castles. Kind of fun watching them scramble around and set it up :thumbup1:

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Talked some more with Jaana about the tree she wanted them to be stopped by any means.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah stop the Dark Monks and their Guide by any means necessary.....just gotta figure out how!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like quests before the event. But I suck at them.

What do I say to Jaana?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
All of the Dark Monks around the tree speak, but only once you've talked to another one...I had my Cu killing all the Juka around there so I could make sure I talked to them all.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Kind of fun watching them scramble around and set it up :thumbup1:
Not to totally side track this productive thread (thanks for all the pics so far!! Keep them coming)

I thought the whole point behind the dynamic system was to remove the longer amount of setup required and allow setup for these type of events to be kind of "dropped in" (I'd assume it would almost be turn key instead of setting up on every shard separately)?

**Edit** This is not a shot by any means.. I'm just eager to start the next new thing :)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
For those looking for a short cut, these huts are marked in most books containing runes for the Griselda the Hag/Apprentice Quest, as they are one of the 20 locations Zeefzorpul the imp can be found.

The trapper huts are far east of minoc as far as you can go almost passing vesper. Been a fight there on catskills
View attachment 113802

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
For those looking for a short cut, these huts are marked in most books containing runes for the Griselda the Hag/Apprentice Quest, as they are one of the 20 locations Zeefzorpul the imp can be found.
NICE!

It has been forEVER since I've done that quest I totally forgot!

I marked a rune already to put at my Luna house, hopefully others are doing the same! :)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Not to totally side track this productive thread (thanks for all the pics so far!! Keep them coming)

I thought the whole point behind the dynamic system was to remove the longer amount of setup required and allow setup for these type of events to be kind of "dropped in" (I'd assume it would almost be turn key instead of setting up on every shard separately)?

**Edit** This is not a shot by any means.. I'm just eager to start the next new thing :)
I was thinking the dynamic system was for smaller arcs, em events etc.. not for large global arcs. I could be misunderstanding it though. I mean a lot of work went into design and implementation of the 'Blood Tree' area, that is what makes me think that.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah the dynamic events are like the Treasures of events...I don't think Forest of the Dark is going to be a Treasures of event.....maybe?

There were two kinds...the Treasures of and another one....the champ spawns....trying to find the specific info.

I guess that this might be a Treasures of Event.....either that or it's more like the KR quest, which I LOVED!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I guess that this might be a Treasures of Event.....either that or it's more like the KR quest, which I LOVED!
What I REALLY loved about the KR quest (Inu the Crone) is that it gave the puzzles to solve for the next clue. Really wish they would include some more anagrams.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
What I REALLY loved about the KR quest (Inu the Crone) is that it gave the puzzles to solve for the next clue. Really wish they would include some more anagrams.
I LOVED those! Talking to the Rune Beetle...the rune clues every week....actually having to work out things like...oh what was that last one...in the graveyards...this quest is okay but the keyword quests always seem a bit....blah to me? Just spouting out words lol. Even though noone is around I always speak to the NPC's in full sentences!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Even though noone is around I always speak to the NPC's in full sentences!
lol

That makes one of us. I sound like I suffer from Turetts just spouting out random words. Including an occasion f-bomb when I get frustrated and they do not respond. Glad most of the keywords on this one are easily identified.

Atropos

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Merida is in the trapper huts in the woods east of Vesper on the mainland straight south of the Sacrifice shrine, found her on Sonoma 92d 6m N 141 d 57m E

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The "dynamic" content doesn't require a publish to implement. They don't have to put it on TC to work the kinks out due to it's cookie-cutter nature. It does require them to set it up on each shard manually but since it requires no actual coding they are able to deploy it much faster. I know that it seems like a pain to set up, but they don't need programmers to do it. I assume the programmers are focused on New Legacy.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got Jaana
Burnside
Dark Monk
Merida
Dasha
Shirron Argahrok

Then The guys around the tree:
1605755006490.png
1605755041591.png

Are we done at this point?
Can't get in the tree yet?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Until they officially announce it and turn on the last bits I think we've gotten as far as we can.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OK someone saw a healthbar on the tree, they trying to fill it with blood. Trying to get a Juka to go in the bull... Now trying to kill then at the pipe to get more blood.

Last edited:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
OK someone saw a healthbar on the tree, they trying to fill it with blood. Trying to get a Juka to go in the bull... Now trying to kill then at the pipe to get more blood.
Yeah the tree on Origin is in pieces, I tried to pull a life bar from it and it just says you cannot pick that up lol.

1605758064454.png

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I wanted to join in on the fun so I went to the blood tree. I started randomly saying different key words like "guide" or "tree" to everyone around it and they all responded and got some different responses than what's been posted. Nothing actually came of them but I'm wondering if it will once things are turned on... I kind of think they will all lead to the same end point though.

Seems like there will be a battle... wondering if it will be champ like where it restarts after defeating the Waymaster

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I wanted to join in on the fun so I went to the blood tree. I started randomly saying different key words like "guide" or "tree" to everyone around it and they all responded and got some different responses than what's been posted. Nothing actually came of them but I'm wondering if it will once things are turned on... I kind of think they will all lead to the same end point though.

Seems like there will be a battle... wondering if it will be champ like where it restarts after defeating the Waymaster
Yeah, they keep adding to it slowly.

Lorenzo the Meer has had a name change within the last hour or so thing morning on Atl. He is now Kavath the Dark Monk.

Untitled.jpg

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Kavath is his name on Origin..or was yesterday. Will have to go check today but maybe they are just streamlining it so it's the same across all shards.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
ho well, i miss where is:

- Lorenzo the Meer

this:

this:

this:

can someone pls tell me where i can find?
These you can't mark runes for as they are in Ilshenar.

To the Juka Fortress from the Justice Moongate:
1605795500306.png

I will have maps in the walkthrough

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator