• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Spoiler Alert...Forest of the Dark Event

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ok I got tokens for GL, Pac, Origin, and cats.

We going to Great Lakes today.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
At Great Lakes now Looks like a nice crowd! :thumbup1:

Well that was fun! Lots of people and we got people talking in chat. I took a bud who talks in chat a lot.
Got belt on first try. Thanks Great lakes! I died and didnt have any gold to re insure, someone gave me gold. Thanks!

We are going to Origin tomorrow around this time or earlier. @Larisa

Last edited:

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Not that I have noticed. I could have sworn Kyronix said somewhere that it did for the dynamic spawns but I have tried no luck, a little luck, a lot of luck...so far I haven't noticed a significant difference.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Trying to do Origin spawn now if anyone wants to help.

The spawn was on level two. Two people were there so I called in chat. A nice group came to help. They worked well as a team they worked from the cave to the Idol and killed the things in small areas, no one went to the back and drug spawn around. We had a nice clear area when the boss popped. The boss throws skeletons at you when you damage it. It also spawned some skeles. The boss would heal back up when its life got low. Just like what our EM Bosses do. ( I hate that on EM Bosses.)

Was lots of Fun, Thanks Origin.

Catskills is next!

Last edited:

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
YAY!

I'm getting on in 5, need coffee lol.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We did Catskills today. Spawn had just begun when we arrived. It went fast and we got belts. Quite a few players milling about tonight.

Next is Pacific.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The rotating mana burn damage from Zippy?
We will get one that looks like the Zippy effect sometimes. But we are mostly tamers so we are far away and the pets are low on mana by then.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Other spawn there is not too hard, including the Para elies they just take a little longer to kill. I will try Bushido lev 3 mastery for the heals, and just run away every time conf/evade runs out, wait the timer and then go back again at Guide. I think you get hit for 50% life even with evade. If you sit there continuing to fighting it, second hit with the spit and get the grey robe award again.You also do get some type of a curse/debuff first also, did not catch what that was but will check it out next time.

Kir

Journeyman
There's couple way to handle with the Zippy effect, easiest way for Non-mage is to stand on top of him...as long no one is running away from him when he has effect out. Or just save your Evasion for it.

Mages and tamers have other method..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There's couple way to handle with the Zippy effect, easiest way for Non-mage is to stand on top of him...as long no one is running away from him when he has effect out. Or just save your Evasion for it.

Mages and tamers have other method..
Our Guide does this sometimes. It may be similar to the zippy spell it is a circle that goes from the ground up that looks like what a Summoned Reaper does. I took 2 pics and the one where I had a little more mana did 2 more damage to me.
1606615621267.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just did Pacific. That one has the cacophony and it regened life a few times when low.

Thanks all

We were able to do all the shards we visited as soon as we arrived and we got belts on first try.

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Interesting..So it looks like Guide does different things and AoE's on different shards. The GL one seems nastier than ATL, the circle AoE one above another example, and the GL with a "spitball effect" (nope it does not look like a fireball).
The one per account per shard holding true. So if you already have a belt from another char in the account you will not get another belt by bringing a char from same account from a different shard.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So if you already have a belt from another char in the account you will not get another belt by bringing a char from same account from a different shard.
I took the same toon to different shards and got a belt. So it's one belt per account per shard. Toon does not matter.

I hate skilling. The guy I was with skilled a char there for a day, I would carry his suit to the next shard. He used an archer or a mage that just shot fireballs.

Deschet

Journeyman
Stupid question somewhat related to this spawn... I see a ton of people running around on normal mounts, and they seem to be doing fine. I on the other hand manage to get dismounted everytime. Bye bye horsey. Is there a trick to avoid this that I don't know?

Thanks

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Stupid question somewhat related to this spawn... I see a ton of people running around on normal mounts, and they seem to be doing fine. I on the other hand manage to get dismounted everytime. Bye bye horsey. Is there a trick to avoid this that I don't know?

Thanks
They are using ethy mounts, those do not get dismount.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Appreciate the response.

I'm assuming these are ethy mounts 'retouched' (or whatever) to look like regular mounts then. On foot I shall stay. :gee:
Yup I used a solid unicorn that I have.