• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Spoiler Alert...Forest of the Dark Event

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You know, I've honestly never heard anyone describe the fortress (the former city of Mistas) as being something you get to from Justice.

Every description I've heard from 2003 until now was coming in from the Honesty moongate which is just across and south from the bridge shown on the left side of the image in the right-most small picture. Justice is probably a little safer (no chance of a paragon golem, dragoon, or juka until you get to the clearing between the bridges, where one of the random gypsy camps occasionally spawns), but probably not shorter (if it is, it's not by much).

These you can't mark runes for as they are in Ilshenar.

To the Juka Fortress from the Justice Moongate:
View attachment 113846

I will have maps in the walkthrough

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ok, so i just got onto my days off and was thinking of getting into this.
do i need to do the entire walk through quest or can i just go to the spawn and start killing stuff like the black gate one?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
ok, so i just got onto my days off and was thinking of getting into this.
do i need to do the entire walk through quest or can i just go to the spawn and start killing stuff like the black gate one?
Can just go to spawn and kill stuff. Plot line is just for us lore nerds...

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You know, I've honestly never heard anyone describe the fortress (the former city of Mistas) as being something you get to from Justice.

Every description I've heard from 2003 until now was coming in from the Honesty moongate which is just across and south from the bridge shown on the left side of the image in the right-most small picture. Justice is probably a little safer (no chance of a paragon golem, dragoon, or juka until you get to the clearing between the bridges, where one of the random gypsy camps occasionally spawns), but probably not shorter (if it is, it's not by much).
Yeah that is the way I have always gone, not sure why!

El of LA

Babbling Loonie
Reporter
Professional
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
They certainly have left us a mystery this time. I have great faith in you, and trust there are hints in EM Malichi's great writing. :grouphug:

EL! *huggles* SO good to see you!

I am still trying to figure out a logical way that would lead us to Jaana, now that the content is officially active. I just happened upon her by chance

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I am stuck on this Juka part. im fresh back to the game and can't find a map to download so im just guessing my way threw things. I went as far as serp drag and cant find this spot. any help?
I will be posting a guide/walkthrough soon but here is how you get to the Juka (My way anyway lol)

From the Justice Moongate in ilshenar:
1605817427562.png

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
what is the respawn time for the champ spawn??
After the first one on Origin it took roughly 15-20 minutes before it started again.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Yeah I'll for sure collect one of each but that is just WAY too pink!

and what's that thing coming out of his....rear area ;)

They all have it...and that outline is o_O
they look like cardboard cutouts that you would see at a movie theater.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You can always come to ATL for a quick spawn.... the spawns I've done haven't last longer than 8min lol

I haven't gotten a spawn drop yet, they go fast... but it does allow me at a chance very quickly. Then it's 30min to wait

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well it started at 7:24 and it was over at 7:34 (finished grabbing gold at 7:34) so at 7:30am it took about 10min on ATL :oops:

That said, got my first statue (zombie) within the first minute or so... did not get a second one from the spawn though.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Well it started at 7:24 and it was over at 7:34 (finished grabbing gold at 7:34) so at 7:30am it took about 10min on ATL :oops:

That said, got my first statue (zombie) within the first minute or so... did not get a second one from the spawn though.
Should have been on Atl last night. We literally did one in 3 minutes. Was damn near more players than there was spawn :lol:

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Should have been on Atl last night. We literally did one in 3 minutes. Was damn near more players than there was spawn :lol:
Think that was the last one I did last night. I just stayed hidden then when he spawned set my Cu on him got the purple wolf and the belt just from him

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Think that was the last one I did last night. I just stayed hidden then when he spawned set my Cu on him got the purple wolf and the belt just from him
Nice. Did not know the statues popped off of her (she's a Meer Mage :thumbup1:). I have only gotten drops from side 1 and 2. Glad they drop on the rest too.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hummm so the final boss can drop statues? cool
thx

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Any of the spawn can drop the statues.

Still wondering what they are for, if anything.

We still have to free the captured townsfolk and stop the dark ritual.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya took me 5 tries to get a belt because the same guys were standing at the idol and killing the Boss over and over. They were lasting about 4 minutes.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Any of the spawn can drop the statues.

Still wondering what they are for, if anything.

We still have to free the captured townsfolk and stop the dark ritual.
I went to the spawn last night just to look at it, stepped through to central Ilshenar, got attacked by a paragon chasing my guildmate, and got a pink lich drop from the first thing I killed (and nothing since)

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Statue drops seem to me to be very random. I've taken two characters at once - a bard who stands there provoking a bit but mostly buffing my archer. My archer has repond slayer and undead slayer bows, and one-shots all the reponds except the Guide. The archer probably gets 50 times as many kills as the bard. The last time I ran it, my bard got a drop and the archer didn't.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have been going on and off today...bringing it to lvl 3 and then letting it revert. Not sure if you have to actually complete it to get more because I got a pink zombie first thing this morning and nothing since.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have been going on and off today...bringing it to lvl 3 and then letting it revert. Not sure if you have to actually complete it to get more because I got a pink zombie first thing this morning and nothing since.
That was the best way to get cubes so I'm sure it works here also.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
That was the best way to get cubes so I'm sure it works here also.
Okay that's what I thought, I hope they didn't change that because I don't mind helping people kill the boss that still need the belt but if we don't HAVE to kill her I'd rather not! lol

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I verified that the same toon can go server to server to get belts. Now to find a server that is still doing the spawn other than Atl and LS.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
We are doing it quite regularly on Origin. If there's noone at the spawn, give a shout in gen chat. I go off and on just to see about getting a statue or two but if someone needs the belt I'll always come to help.

I do have a workable toon on LS, I might hop on there in a bit to see how helpful ya'll are ;)

1606073519913.png

Started her AGES ago....she needs help :( lol

Reactions: Gem

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
#Pawain Great Lakes is doing it pretty regularly.
I want to know why GL's Champ Boss is 10xs harder than other shards and why it's name is red compared to other shards?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I want to know why GL's Champ Boss is 10xs harder than other shards and why it's name is red compared to other shards?
Name is read on Atl. GL did not seem much harder than on Atl to me, just less folks killing it so it took longer

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
boss.jpg

She's red on Origin.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Nope she is right. I do both ATL and GL, and the GL had the same # people as ATL at the time. The boss in GL has much more frequent area kill than ATL. Name etc is same, boss is much harder, due to much more frequent AOE vs ?? from the boss.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They do the spawn on LS every 30 mins. I have just a plain mage tamer that can travel. I can't go again until tomorrow. Watching football right now. I'll try GL and origin. On GL no one ever answers me in chat.