• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sorcerers Dungeon Feedback

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Sorc dungeon is ok.. granted too many folks make it too rough to get the drops needed, but is to be expected on larger shards.

Pumpkin spawn rates when clearing fields are WAY too slow though.. ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz .. and yes, that is after the old ones are taken off the server..

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I agree with most of the other posters - spread out the spawn, run it simultaneously, throw in some more difficult monsters. Maybe throw in something that can dispel the reapers once in a while. As it is, I just go with a spell weaver, drop a reaper into the ever present disco forest and stand there safely in the middle. I get plenty of drops, but it’s not challenging and therefore not likely to hold many players interest for very long.
The last and final round room can be very challenging.

I found a new objective... clear all the rooms to activate the final room, then final room ignore the boss and just kill the spawn. There is way more spawn in the final room and paragon demons and poison elves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We need clear incentives to kill the bosses. The system right now is stupid because the objective is to get drops, but the spawn stops if the boss dies, so you have to move to the next boss. In theory, if you could occupy a boss but not kill it, you could farm one area all night. Otherwise, you have to run the "gauntlet," which is not effective.

The boss should offer high-end rewards or multi-point drops, like a 3 point drop or something to a random three attackers. Something.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Many of the bosses use creatures for base templates that have t-maps, so some of them have the chance for paragon chests.

Theoretically, the ones based on Grizzle, Parox and Serado could have paragon chests even without being paragon.

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I would prefer focus on getting the drops. But it seems like good chance to get lvl 6-7 maps on paragon bosses? Even so, it takes too long to kill one for that.

Actually if it spawn a paragon boss, it's good and better to be in the last and final round - Jack.

1- big area
2- a lot of spawns
3- the boss doesn't hit hard
4- the boss doesn't have funny move that reduces your Hp by half or calm you etc.

Just avoid him and run around AOE the spawn lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix

Sorry, but this is going to be a tad pissy, but it needs to be said.

TURN THE MOTHERPANKAKING MOB CORPSE RUMMAGING OFF IN THE SORCERER'S DUNGEON!

You die, get rummaged, just to see the corpse disappear as you open it, much like champ spawns.

If you're going to fast decay mob corpses a la champ spawns, TURN OFF THEIR ABILITY TO RUMMAGE YOU.

And no, just to nip an argument in the bud, I'm not going to insure every drop. Nor should anyone need to.

The rummage ability might have been cute in the 90's, but today its just buggy as waffles. Half the time they loot gold, which gets combined with their gold pile and you have zero chance at recovering it should someone else slay the mob. The same goes for any stackable.

Turn. It. Off.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Kyronix

You die, get rummaged, just to see the corpse disappear as you open it, much like champ spawns.

If you're going to fast decay mob corpses a la champ spawns, TURN OFF THEIR ABILITY TO RUMMAGE YOU.

And no, just to nip an argument in the bud, I'm not going to insure every drop. Nor should anyone need to.

The rummage ability might have been cute in the 90's, but today its just buggy as waffles. Half the time they loot gold, which gets combined with their gold pile and you have zero chance at recovering it should someone else slay the mob. The same goes for any stackable.

Turn. It. Off.
The only things I've seen fast-decay are things that have no native loot, in how they are coded for the event (usually have loot in their "natural" form). However, when they loot a player they STILL fast-decay, taking your stuff with you. I lost a bag of 30 or so items I'd been collecting to enhance or donate to the LA Player Center that way.

Please turn the looting off, or make the all corpses last normal times, not just some of them.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The rummage ability might have been cute in the 90's, but today its just buggy as waffles
oh dear god, THIS. I've had bags with drops looted more than once. If I get res'd before the monster dies, I CAN'T LOOT IT...and the corpse never goes public because they have the champ spawn decay timer.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@Kyronix

If you're going to fast decay mob corpses a la champ spawns,
:sad4:

I will come clean.. this is honestly, partly my fault.

When the content was on Test Center Kyronix came up after one run and was talking to us all for feedback. I suggested they may want to look at making the corpses decay a lot faster. With the usual timer of corpse decay the ground was literally littered with corpses to where you could not see other mobs spawning.. could never even pull a bar even with using cntrl-shift.

My bad...

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

When the content was on Test Center Kyronix came up after one run and was talking to us all for feedback. I suggested they may want to look at making the corpses decay a lot faster. With the usual timer of corpse decay the ground was literally littered with corpses to where you could not see other mobs spawning.. could never even pull a bar even with using cntrl-shift.

My bad...
:twak:

Actually, if they didn't loot you and vanish, it would be fine. Ideal, even. It's the combination of being looted then being completely unable to get your stuff back that is frustrating.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

My bad...
*takes Kylie out behind a random woodshed* I'm sorry it had to come to this...

:flame:

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
:twak:

Actually, if they didn't loot you and vanish, it would be fine. Ideal, even. It's the combination of being looted then being completely unable to get your stuff back that is frustrating.
*takes Kylie out behind a random woodshed* I'm sorry its had to come to this...

:flame:

Sticks and stone may break my bones... but chains and pain arouse me :devil:

:lick:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
For me since I almost never loot gold they ALWAYS take my bandages... which sucks. Sure it's "easy" to replace... recall back run back get more go back die again go back get more... come back... rinse repeat... annoying...

But when it's drops or something like artifacts from the spawn etc... then it just makes me want to ask what the heck I even bother playing for?? What's the point if I work like made to grind out the grindy crap just to have it taken by some mob that vanishes before I can get back to loot it??

I agree it needs to end. Again All LICHES MUST DIE!!!!!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Devils advocate here...yes I know you have already stated it BUT..

Use a Bag of Sending...which I do

Insure each drop...which I do

Carry stacks of 6 coins...10 bandages....they'll take that first...never put stuff in a bag..yes you're backpack will be a mess....but there are ways :)

Yes I agree the looting is annoying but I just laugh it off....it's just a game after all :)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We had a paragon nightmare fairy last night on Sonoma. We noticed that after a while it seemed to be running a loop from the room where it spawned, down the hall, around the corner and then south down the hall almost to the Jack the Pumpkin King room, and then over to its original room. If no one interacted with it, it just kept on going, round and round. If someone did interact with it, it still seemed to be hell-bent on making that circuit. It was extremely odd behavior. We eventually all gave up and everyone left. With all the calming and armor-dropping, no one was able to do very much.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix

Turn. It. Off.
If Kyronix were an actual player he would know this, but again, things like this go on because once they leave the office for the day, the only time they log in is for an M&G.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We had a paragon nightmare fairy last night on Sonoma. We noticed that after a while it seemed to be running a loop from the room where it spawned, down the hall, around the corner and then south down the hall almost to the Jack the Pumpkin King room, and then over to its original room. If no one interacted with it, it just kept on going, round and round. If someone did interact with it, it still seemed to be hell-bent on making that circuit. It was extremely odd behavior. We eventually all gave up and everyone left. With all the calming and armor-dropping, no one was able to do very much.
I've noticed this on occasion (including during the town invasions with Generals) when something targets a player who recalls away. This can happen with pets as well. It seems like the MOB has an idea where the last target currently is and tries to get there, goes along it's path until it hits its rubber-banding point, jumps back to it's spawn point and just keeps doing this, even when targeted by something else.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
If Kyronix were an actual player he would know this, but again, things like this go on because once they leave the office for the day, the only time they log in is for an M&G.
Totally not true...unless he's in the office at 10-11 at night...which I seriously doubt.

When I was helping him test the event arc we were on until around 11 my time..that's MIDNIGHT his time......so don't even.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Totally not true...unless he's in the office at 10-11 at night...which I seriously doubt.

When I was helping him test the event arc we were on until around 11 my time..that's MIDNIGHT his time......so don't even.
I'm pretty sure that was on the clock...don't even...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

And nobody noticed the area is too small, the mobs die in bulk with one AoE hit, the fairy disrobes and calms, liches are bad because they steal items? Took me three room to make a list of bad things going on there.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
And nobody noticed the area is too small, the mobs die in bulk with one AoE hit, the fairy disrobes and calms, liches are bad because they steal items? Took me three room to make a list of bad things going on there.
Well..you know how they announce when stuff is gonna be on TC?? Yeah...LOG IN AND TEST STUFF! There were 6 of us there, we did around 3-4 full rounds, Kyronix tweaked the spawn a bit..drop rate was good...and yeah the disrobing and calming? Kinda supposed to do that? Deal with it.....I have...liches stealing stuff? Haven't they always? Deal with it...

It's really not that bad....had about 6-7 of us on Origin a few nights ago did 2 full runs, easy, lotta deaths yes, lotta calming, yes..run off until it wears off?

Anyway.....yep it's me the glass is half full lady....I am enjoying it as are the others on Origin.

Rooms too small? They can't make the dungeon bigger! I like the concept....upping the spawn isn't a solution because it would have to be shard-wide and the smaller shards would have issues....it works fine imo.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well..you know how they announce when stuff is gonna be on TC?? Yeah...LOG IN AND TEST STUFF! There were 6 of us there, we did around 3-4 full rounds, Kyronix tweaked the spawn a bit..drop rate was good...and yeah the disrobing and calming? Kinda supposed to do that? Deal with it.....I have...liches stealing stuff? Haven't they always? Deal with it...

It's really not that bad....had about 6-7 of us on Origin a few nights ago did 2 full runs, easy, lotta deaths yes, lotta calming, yes..run off until it wears off?

Anyway.....yep it's me the glass is half full lady....I am enjoying it as are the others on Origin.

Rooms too small? They can't make the dungeon bigger! I like the concept....upping the spawn isn't a solution because it would have to be shard-wide and the smaller shards would have issues....it works fine imo.
There were at least 3 or 4 larger rooms they could have used... infact they could have used the 4 or 5 on the actual first floor... which are fairly good sized... but yeah... what do I know?

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well..you know how they announce when stuff is gonna be on TC?? Yeah...LOG IN AND TEST STUFF! There were 6 of us there, we did around 3-4 full rounds, Kyronix tweaked the spawn a bit..drop rate was good...and yeah the disrobing and calming? Kinda supposed to do that? Deal with it.....I have...liches stealing stuff? Haven't they always? Deal with

A guildmate and I actually tested it on multiple occasions on tc1 and could see the problems with just two of us. But unfortunately we didn't have the audience of Kyronix.

As for the six of you who tested it.. if six of you could "test" it and not see the problems... then I question the skills and abilities of the six who tested it. An important part of testing, is to test like people actually play. And fundamental rule in mmos is people will find the easiest way to achieve something.

Yes, the rooms are too small, and they could have fixed that by spawning 2 rooms at a time to split up players, and at the very worst on low population servers, people could still do one room at a time.

Playing who can cast the aoe first is not fun. Invasions actually had you work together, now it's greed of who can react the fastest. And my guild is not a greedy guild, we actually care about a lot of the people who play on our server. But a lot of people are only out for themselves.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No a normal one is not bad at all. There's a paragon one on LS right now. Its getting smarter. Its moving from the main entry to the back stairs. Usually we can stay on the sides and kill the spawn while pets keep it in a corner, not this one.

You know its bad when the Spell Weavers are waiting at the stairs below.

I bet the 6 of you didnt test that. Cant a dev make a paragon when he is testing?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
To some it might be a ~problem~ I didn't see any....granted we are not all Atlantic :/ I play on a less populated shard and the rooms are just fine for us. Having the corpses decay faster was a much-needed change which Kyronix happily fixed.

I see only one room, the one downstairs that spawns the gingerbread man that is too small...the rest are fine imo. You have room to cast, room to run if you get overwhelmed, places to heal/rez.

I have had no issues with it nor has anyone that I have been doing it with.

And yes Pawain, we actually had 2 paragon snowmen spawn during testing..nothing else spawned as a paragon but you just have to adapt.

We got a paragon Jack in the Box on Origin the other day...took awhile to take it down but we did and guildie got the chest.

The fairy is a pain as a paragon but not everything can be stuck in a corner/blocked in to make it easier....I've died a lot due to being poisoned and calmed..run off hoping it wears off in time for me to heal..NOPE..dead.....hey it's only pixels...rez up and get back at it.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To some it might be a ~problem~ I didn't see any....granted we are not all Atlantic :/ I play on a less populated shard and the rooms are just fine for us. Having the corpses decay faster was a much-needed change which Kyronix happily fixed.

I see only one room, the one downstairs that spawns the gingerbread man that is too small...the rest are fine imo. You have room to cast, room to run if you get overwhelmed, places to heal/rez.

I have had no issues with it nor has anyone that I have been doing it with.

And yes Pawain, we actually had 2 paragon snowmen spawn during testing..nothing else spawned as a paragon but you just have to adapt.

We got a paragon Jack in the Box on Origin the other day...took awhile to take it down but we did and guildie got the chest.

The fairy is a pain as a paragon but not everything can be stuck in a corner/blocked in to make it easier....I've died a lot due to being poisoned and calmed..run off hoping it wears off in time for me to heal..NOPE..dead.....hey it's only pixels...rez up and get back at it.
You seem to be a glass half full person. Not a bad trait btw.

As far as the critters go the room doesnt seem that difficult except maybe the fairy. So many undead critters in there that ww on a sampire makes quick work of them with a slayer weapon and slayer totem. Admittidly ive only spent under an hour or so total down there. Works been busy.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So many undead critters in there that ww on a sampire makes quick work of them with a slayer weapon and slayer totem.
If your sampire can hit them once...

What else makes quick work of them... mage aoe. Tamer pet aoe.

Now imagine 6-8 people trying to aoe 1 shot mobs at once.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Where to begin...

People don't log onto TC1 in droves to help test because there is no incentive to. That's a problem at this point.

6 people may be representative of Legends or Origin, but not Atlantic or Great Lakes. Have you seen the pictures from Atl? Every free tile is filled with fields, a reaper, a player, a pet, or all of the above at the same time.

Players don't like the disrobing and calming because they are really ****ty mechanics that only add annoyance. There is no method to defend against them or ward them off (unless your character is female in regard to the disrobing). They are likened forced-emote RP, where someone else says what your character is doing, regardless of your wishes/motivations. Why the hell would someone find a tree lady (or fairy (really a changling) in this case) so attractive as to rip off half their clothes? (I can cope with the calming, but there should really be a resist check and bards should have increased immunity)

Everyone has hated corpse rummaging for 20 years. I know of no one who looks at that and goes "Wow, that's awesome! That lich just dry looted my corpse and now I'm screwed! YAY!" Coupled with fast corpse decay, the mechanic is simply sadistic. Rummaging adds nothing good.

They can't make the dungeon bigger? That's just silly, of course the devs could make rooms larger, smaller, or cease to exist entirely should they wish! Notice all the black area between rooms and such? They could utilize that to change room shape and size, though that was clearly well outside the scope of this project. (Rooms 2 and 4 are the ones most people think are too small, with the design of 7 being somewhat problematic. Rooms 6 and 8 are workable, but can get appropriately dicey. Room 1, 5 and 9 are fine.)

The spawn rate works fine? Seriously? No, it really, really doesn't. Please stop saying that.

On GL, in rooms 2-4 (sometimes room 1) we get tiny, pathetic spawns of 2-3 things at a time - rarely anything more threatening than a lich. That's with 12+ people and their attendant pets/summons. When the number of players goes down, the spawn number and strength wildly increases. That's a problem. Something is wrong.

Spawn rates aren't shard-wide, they're region specific. They simply need better management of that system. Code already exists to vary spawn rates based on the number of players in an area, it really needs to be (better) used here.

Also, if what Bleak said about dramatically increasing the spawn in the dungeon is true, that it would crash the sub server, that's a problem. Though a solution might be to stop spawning mobs in Ilshenar (with exemptions for the champ spawns, Exodus Dungeon/Ver Lor Reg and Twisted Weald).

Having the corpses decay faster was a much-needed change which Kyronix happily fixed.
In hindsight, this was an awful change. Corpse pile-up is manageable. Having your items go poof on a corpse that fast decayed is not. Use All Names/Incoming Names to see when things spawn, target with an area effect. Another option would be for these mobs to 1) NOT PANCAKING RUMMAGE 2) leave no corpse unless its a miniboss. (If you used the EC and you would instantly know when something spawned and have no problem targeting specific things :devil:)

It's great to be an optimist and all; really, it is - don't stop. But you can't let it blind you to actual issues, that just makes it seem like you're wearing rose-colored glasses.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Okay the spawn rate works fine ON ORIGIN...better?

Sure there are times one or 2 things spawn and that's it...with 6 or so EV's, pets, reapers, Colussus etc. whatever...cast your summons..if you hit something, awesome! If not try again...

Like I said, we are not all atlantic....for US on ORIGIN it works just fine..not wearing rose-colored glasses.

It seems to vary as well....2 things spawn..we wait...another 2 things spawn..we wait..and then BAM the whole room is full....rinse and repeat..that seems to be how it goes for us anyway.

Even with all the summons/area spells/pets and few spawn I got 23 drops yesterday....and it's going to last for at LEAST another month......

No I don't like having my clothes come off....happens a lot to me...doing Shadowguard? The Bar? Yeah....stripping and singing while being attacked is not fun! LOL But in a way it is...

Anyway....my opinions...I think it's just fine.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
blind you to actual issues,
Great post. The poor souls have yet to put any damage on the Fairy yet. They dont have fire pets and most have left to do something fun. Like I have. I was really looking forward to this. Paying bills is more fun....

Agree. I tried a pet with AoE, They dont have time to attack anything in most rooms. I have chain lightning pre-cast and I have a 50% chance of clicking a target or near a target before it is gone. With my 30% damage undead book I kill everything up to a papa lich in one hit. Its a good round when I see 2 bolts hit when a group of Mobs spawn. The Spell Weavers kill most things before I can move the cursor to click them.

Melee templates only have a chance in the last 3 rooms.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay the spawn rate works fine ON ORIGIN...better?
No, I just ran down there on Origin. There is not one person in the Dungeon. Of course you think this is a good event. It is designed for 2 or 3 players to kill all the spawns and the Bosses. (except para Bosses) One Mage or SW tamer could do it up to the Cookie thrower room.

If there are 0 there at this time on Friday, there is probably never more than 4 there.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
If there are 0 there at this time on Friday, there is probably never more than 4 there.
Or they have a life.....not off work yet, making dinner etc. etc. and remember when I said there were 6-7 of us down there? sometimes more....so you're wrong..sorry.

And yes I bring my tamer down there but never a pet..I just cast EV's and help heal other's pets...we took down most of the boss's with just EV's and summons...regular of course not paragon...

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
No I don't like having my clothes come off....happens a lot to me...doing Shadowguard? The Bar? Yeah....stripping and singing while being attacked is not fun! LOL But in a way it is...
The difference is that it's optional in Shadowguard. You aren't required to pickup the bottles, but if you do you have chosen to accept the potential consequences. Anyone that hasn't done the Nightmare Fairy with a male character really doesn't understand just how bad it is. It takes off 4 pieces of armor, and half the time you are instantly undressed again as soon as you re-dress. Not to mention the calming causing you to have to run out of the room, only to run back in once it fades just to get undressed again and need to run out...

If it was a reaction to a certain mechanic, it would be MUCH different. For example, if you attacked with an energy weapon/spell you get your armor knocked off. At least then it's optional and the player can make the decision to take the risk or not. When it's forced on you and at the extreme frequency it does it, it is not fun even slightly.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Larisa... more people don't do TC because for starters many folk barely have time to play on their home shard... what would we want to play on a shard that goes poof and is reset all the time for????

Test things??? With what incentive??? You can't keep anything you do there... Secondly I've reported dozens of things "wrong" with things on TC and 9 times out of 10 NOTHING is done about it and it goes out to publish anyway 1/2 screwy...

Then more people complain and even then it's often NOT fixed. So what is the point?

I'm going to start seriously calling you Petra2... as you seem to brown nose pretty badly and honestly .... telling them everything is fine time and time again and patting them on the back when it's obvious things are NOT fine with it is WRONG.

First off the room with the Gingerbread man did you or did you not tell them that **** spawns inside the walls where they can't be reached??? or that crap spawns on top of those rooms and can hit you but you can't kill them if you aren't a spellweaver with Thunderstorm????

And the looting of your corpse and fast decay is a 2 fold piss poor move.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
@Larisa... more people don't do TC because for starters many folk barely have time to play on their home shard... what would we want to play on a shard that goes poof and is reset all the time for????
You don't PLAY on test center..good grief! You TEST stuff there....few hours...maybe for a few days....not hard.

Test things??? With what incentive??? You can't keep anything you do there... Secondly I've reported dozens of things "wrong" with things on TC and 9 times out of 10 NOTHING is done about it and it goes out to publish anyway 1/2 screwy...
Incentive is to have a Dev there to talk to, listen to you, give feedback too...if it's constructive and makes sense they listen...not the OMG THE SKY IS FALLING RUN FOR YOUR LIVES stuff you do 99% of the time. (No offense, you do your thing I do mine)

I'm going to start seriously calling you Petra2... as you seem to brown nose pretty badly and honestly .... telling them everything is fine time and time again and patting them on the back when it's obvious things are NOT fine with it is WRONG.
When I am actually TESTING things, I do NOT tell them everything is fine....

During Arc Testing...remember going to Mythrans house, that small table when you walk in? When I tested it, it said ~You notice a small drawer in the drawer slightly open~...MOST of the Pagen spells were not working...but instead of going OMG KYRONIX WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? CAN'T YOU SPELL? DO YOU SPEAK ENGLISH? WHO WOULD DO THAT? I calmly and constructively pointed out what was wrong and offered ways to fix it...which he did....so no I do not pat them on the back all the time....when it's appropriate I suggest things that need fixing or changing and NEVER call them out on a public forum because that's just bad taste.

First off the room with the Gingerbread man did you or did you not tell them that **** spawns inside the walls where they can't be reached??? or that crap spawns on top of those rooms and can hit you but you can't kill them if you aren't a spellweaver with Thunderstorm????
Every time I have done it, the gingerbread man spawns with stuff still in the walls....same happened with the Titan in Trinsic....not a big deal, you can still complete the room...but yes I did mention it.

And the looting of your corpse and fast decay is a 2 fold piss poor move.
The fast decay is Kylie's fault ;) No when we were testing there was TOO much spawn....trust me like the Fountain room in Shadowguard was when it first came out....or Doom? Remember this?

TOOMUCH.jpg

Yeah it was like that....48596484 corpses and then 486348634 more spawn so you couldn't target a thing....so the decay rate was changed.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You don't PLAY on test center..good grief! You TEST stuff there....few hours...maybe for a few days....not hard.

Incentive is to have a Dev there to talk to, listen to you, give feedback too...if it's constructive and makes sense they listen...not the OMG THE SKY IS FALLING RUN FOR YOUR LIVES stuff you do 99% of the time. (No offense, you do your thing I do mine)

When I am actually TESTING things, I do NOT tell them everything is fine....

During Arc Testing...remember going to Mythrans house, that small table when you walk in? When I tested it, it said ~You notice a small drawer in the drawer slightly open~...MOST of the Pagen spells were not working...but instead of going OMG KYRONIX WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? CAN'T YOU SPELL? DO YOU SPEAK ENGLISH? WHO WOULD DO THAT? I calmly and constructively pointed out what was wrong and offered ways to fix it...which he did....so no I do not pat them on the back all the time....when it's appropriate I suggest things that need fixing or changing and NEVER call them out on a public forum because that's just bad taste.

Every time I have done it, the gingerbread man spawns with stuff still in the walls....same happened with the Titan in Trinsic....not a big deal, you can still complete the room...but yes I did mention it.

The fast decay is Kylie's fault ;) No when we were testing there was TOO much spawn....trust me like the Fountain room in Shadowguard was when it first came out....or Doom? Remember this?

View attachment 72924

Yeah it was like that....48596484 corpses and then 486348634 more spawn so you couldn't target a thing....so the decay rate was changed.
I don't do what your saying all the time infact I offer tons of constructive criticism and suggestions to improve things... However I do get really pissed and frustrated when there are GAME BREAKING issues that are going on 5 years and still NOT FIXED. I tend to get a bit sick and tired of repeating myself... and being told that it's a "NON-ISSUE" all in my head and given condescending responses to the issues when they CLEARLY aren't really testing/checking/or listening to the problems.

So don't go all high and mighty on me. I tried the nice sugar route... but that didn't solve anything at all... infact it often brings more of the same... and I do not want more of the same.

The issue isn't the 9999999 corpses... it's the FAST decay AFTER being looted. Where you lose hard to obtain items after hours of grinding that irks people and needs to be addressed... Honestly things like this are reasons people get fed up and quit UO... And it's those things that need addressing. Especially before they open up EJ... and I for one would like the game to LOOK somewhat cared for and more professional than it does at present before we get any influx of new players. But since none of that matters to you... go right ahead and keep ignoring stuff and pretending all is well...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
3 or 4 more showed up. You would think this room would be big enough. Nope.

My pet is in the room you cant see.

Room done got 0 drops.

upload_2017-10-6_17-24-51.png

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah there were times I got no drops too....but doing 2 full rounds I got 23 total just casting EV's. I started bringing 2 chars..one for just EV's and then my tamer for the mini bosses but I gave up on that cus EV's work fine on the mini-bosses as long as they aren't paragon...but there's usually at least one tamer there.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I spent about an hour there last night. Got a whooping total of 6 drops.
I don't think I will get spare boots of escaping this time around...

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You know may be you guys should use a different template to get drops instead of complaining. If they made the spawn too strong then people would complain its too tough on smaller population shards, they make it weaker and now no one beats the SW for the drops. How bout people just bring down 4/6 SW chars instead of posting about it.

The nightmare fairy is ridiculous when its paragon, its a copy of travesty so its skills are really high. They either need to tone down the skill points on as well as HP or just have it not spawn paragon. Im also in favor of having all rooms start at the same time minus the pumpkin king room, then once each room is done it wont spawn again til pumpkin king is killed. That way people can choose different rooms to kill stuff for drops. Too bas the put a leash on the bosses cause on TC you could drag boss out and just kill spawn for drops all day. hehe

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah there were times I got no drops too....but doing 2 full rounds I got 23 total just casting EV's. I started bringing 2 chars..one for just EV's and then my tamer for the mini bosses but I gave up on that cus EV's work fine on the mini-bosses as long as they aren't paragon...but there's usually at least one tamer there.
After that room it became fun. The reindeer room was fun. Lots of paragons. The cookie thrower was fun. More players showed up. Then the next room had many paragons and many deaths. We got a paragon serpent guy so we got to kill lots of spawn. Then Jack is always a good room except for the levels and sight issues.

So you have to suffer thru the first rooms and the last 4 can be fun.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, I just ran down there on Origin. There is not one person in the Dungeon. Of course you think this is a good event. It is designed for 2 or 3 players to kill all the spawns and the Bosses. (except para Bosses) One Mage or SW tamer could do it up to the Cookie thrower room.

Evenings there are usually 6-7 there until a paragon spawns and mornings I am usually there unless I have to do something around the farm or go somewhere. I pretty much gave up trying to farm the rooms in the evenings all the Kool Kids crew running around and acting like it is a race to get the boss up, killed and move on to the next room results in way to many death robes. So evenings is time for pumpkins, trick or treating and killing butchers.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's the longest anyone has seen it take for the abominable snowman or the jack in the box to spawn when you have between 6-10 people standing around killing stuff? This is just such a horrid waste of my playing time standing around doing nothing because there isn't enough stuff to kill in these rooms. It's ridiculous and discouraging to think our dev team is so out of touch that they think this is fun to do over and over and over again.

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My first visit here consisted of couple of the..slower rooms crammed with a very high amount of player-traffic. Had absolutely miserable time. Standing there as an SW scarecrow, spamming AoE and watching utterly irrelevant mobs insta die. Hated it. BUT! Later on discovered what it is like to do the Pupkin King Room's spawn with a bit smaller crowd - is pretty awesome and intense! Good balance in terms of difficulty; Paragons that show up in said room aren't awkward Balron level of difficulty, yet dangerous enough to tear a careless aoe spammer in two. Made me wish King itself were never there; he is least rewarding or interesting mob in the room. So far most fun I've ever had there were couple of hours of King getting bugged and being stuck. Was cool and..arcade somehow, to fight wave after wave after wave. Perfectly intense. Without having that two shotting, teleporting ******* king acting as some sort of a periodic RNG death for dismounted tamers.

Generally speaking, I can't think of a single reason why any player group would want to clear the room out? Fighting that spawn is where the event shines..and gives most drops I think.

TLDR Most fun I've had with this event was when it bugged out a bit. That time around it was a great deal of fun indeed.

....Has anyone gotten anything nice from any of the bosses at all? Do they even drop the marties?

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Lets just say I can take a nap fold two loads of laundry and some men could grow a beard in the time it takes to complete those rooms sometimes...

What makes it so incredibly tedious is that it seems to me and Dot Warner that the more people in those rooms the less stuff spawns in there.

I mean Dot and I did those two rooms with just one other person and it was INSANE with mega blooms of spawn the likes of which would send most folk screaming and running away... and not just baby stuff like the skeletons and a few wraiths or something but I'm talking the elementals, Balrons, demons, lich lords and such and tons of them paragons...

Yet today in those same rooms with as many as 10 other people... the spawn is slow as molasses in winter... spawning 1 or 2 skeletons and/or wraiths the occasional gargoyle or something... and once in a great while it'd spawn 4 or 5 things at a time... but seriously BORING... I think the slow near null spawn is what makes it seem like it takes 10 times longer...

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I actually fell asleep in there twice, luckily nobody else seemed to notice...:(

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Hmm...you're using a Sampire and you haven't tried Wither??? ;)