• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sorcerers Dungeon Feedback

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Finally found some time to head down to see it for myself.

All I have to say is

What's This! What's This!
There's Nothing everywhere.....
What's This!
This dungeons really bare.
What's This?
I can't believe my eyes
I must be Dreaming
Wake up Dev's, this isn't fair!
What's This?

What's this? What's This?
There's something very wrong.....
What's This?
There are monsters in a throng
What's This?
This room is lined with
necro mages spamming
Everybody seems so nappy
Is this content really crappy?
What's This?
What's This?

There are reapers
spamming aoe's
and everything is dead.....
This wasn't even tested
and it fills me with such dread
This is a game we pay to play
Oh, I can't believe my eyes.
And in my bones I feel no warmth
it makes me want to cry....

OH LOOK!
What's This?
They're Fighting Toe To Toe, They miss
there's nothing left to leech, how dire!
They're gathering around to fight a fairy,
getting peaced until they Tire!

What's This?
What's This?
In here They've got a paragon,
Oh dear...
And who would ever think
And why?
They're removing all their clothes and things.....
They've got 300 wrestling
and there's a frown on everyone
so now correct me if i'm wrong
This looks like Fun?
This Looks like Fun?
Oh, could it be we pay for this!
What's This?

Oh My, What now
The Players are asleep
But look, there's nothing left to reap
No drops, no scripters here to cheat
and scare them or ensnare them,
only little empty rooms,
secure inside this dungeon.
*Sigh*

What's This!
The developers are missing,
and good coders can't be found.
And in there place there seems to be
players leaving all around.
Instead of teams
I swear that the servers are so bare
The room for housing plots are absolutely everywhereeeeee

The Vets!, The Trolls!
They're everywhere and
all around!
I've never felt so bored before
this empty dungeon's drying up.
The spawn is simply not enough.
I want it, oh, I want it!
Oh, I want it for my own
I've got to know
I've got to know
What is this place
that I have found?
What is this?

UO Hmmm....

And in case you haven't seen the nightmare before christmas.

Last edited:

Daemon McCrowley

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Perhaps next year we can get something similar to Medusa. Several of the same area that parties can enter. A large area to get “keys” and then a mini boss spawn like this as the encounter for drops......

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Finally found some time to head down to see it for myself.

All I have to say is

What's This! What's This!
There's Nothing everywhere.....
What's This!
This dungeons really bare.
What's This?
I can't believe my eyes
I must be Dreaming
Wake up Dev's, this isn't fair!
What's This?

What's this? What's This?
There's something very wrong.....
What's This?
There are monsters in a throng
What's This?
This room is lined with
necro mages spamming
Everybody seems so nappy
Is this content really crappy?
What's This?
What's This?

There are reapers
spamming aoe's
and everything is dead.....
This wasn't even tested
and it fills me with such dread
This is a game we pay to play
Oh, I can't believe my eyes.
And in my bones I feel no warmth
it makes me want to cry....

OH LOOK!
What's This?
They're Fighting Toe To Toe, They miss
there's nothing left to leech, how dire!
They're gathering around to fight a fairy,
getting peaced until they Tire!

What's This?
What's This?
In here They've got a paragon,
Oh dear...
And who would ever think
And why?
They're removing all their clothes and things.....
They've got 300 wrestling
and there's a frown on everyone
so now correct me if i'm wrong
This looks like Fun?
This Looks like Fun?
Oh, could it be we pay for this!
What's This?

Oh My, What now
The Players are asleep
But look, there's nothing left to reap
No drops, no scripters here to cheat
and scare them or ensnare them,
only little empty rooms,
secure inside this dungeon.
*Sigh*

What's This!
The developers are missing,
and good coders can't be found.
And in there place their seems to be
players leaving all around.
Instead of teams
I swear that the servers are so bare
The room for housing plots are absolutely everywhereeeeee

The Vets!, The Trolls!
They're everywhere and
all around!
I've never felt so bored before
this empty dungeon's drying up.
The spawn is simply not enough.
I want it, oh, I want it!
Oh, I want it for my own
I've got to know
I've got to know
What is this place
that I have found?
What is this?

UO Hmmm....

And in case you haven't seen the nightmare before christmas.
I am going to have that stuck in my head all day :/

Very nice parody.....I am impressed.

And my dear glass is half empty lady actually came to Origin last night..we were in voice and kept telling her that it's not like that here! We got wave after wave of spawn, very little down time, plenty to go around...and she noticed something.....

No wildfire...(Not often anyway)...no Reaper trees....no fire fields......a community working together toward a common goal. EV's/Sampires/throwers helping to control the spawn and pets for the mini boss....it took 9 of us over an hour to take down a paragon fairy...plenty of spawn, plenty of deaths...the snowman room WAS pretty sparse.....it was a lot harder and a lot more spawn the last time I was there but the rest of the rooms were just overwhelming with spawn. If a paragon Balron or Collector of Souls spawned, everyone stopped to kill it.

I left with 26 drops and I had to leave during the Gingerbread Man room...so I didn't even make a full circut and I got 26 drops....

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am going to have that stuck in my head all day :/

Very nice parody.....I am impressed.

And my dear glass is half empty lady actually came to Origin last night..we were in voice and kept telling her that it's not like that here! We got wave after wave of spawn, very little down time, plenty to go around...and she noticed something.....

No wildfire...(Not often anyway)...no Reaper trees....no fire fields......a community working together toward a common goal. EV's/Sampires/throwers helping to control the spawn and pets for the mini boss....it took 9 of us over an hour to take down a paragon fairy...plenty of spawn, plenty of deaths...the snowman room WAS pretty sparse.....it was a lot harder and a lot more spawn the last time I was there but the rest of the rooms were just overwhelming with spawn. If a paragon Balron or Collector of Souls spawned, everyone stopped to kill it.

I left with 26 drops and I had to leave during the Gingerbread Man room...so I didn't even make a full circut and I got 26 drops....
On Sonoma, the community is just as great, Larisa. If someone is in trouble and has to run to save themselves, you will usually see 3 or 4 people take off after them to make sure they are okay or to give a rez if not. The tamers put their pets on the bosses as soon as they spawn and pretty soon the bards are provoking stuff onto the bosses as well, if there is enough spawn for them to do it. However, in a lot of rooms, there just isn't enough spawn. I spent 5 hours there last evening and got 13 enchanted origin artifacts to turn in, as well as a handful of Ilshenar artifacts that I couldn't turn in and have no use for. We made the whole circuit a couple of times during that period. There were several rooms where I got nothing because there was just nothing to do except stand there and yes, it did seem like the "slowness" was even worse than earlier in the week.

My suspicion is that the servers are being severely taxed by this event and the dev team has had to program some rooms to have fewer resources as the number of players increases just to keep everything from crashing. And I really believe some shards don't even have the event because the dev team decided those were the low population servers that they could sacrifice to let the event run on other shards. And that whole concept is beyond disappointing. It's discouraging to think that they just don't care about the people playing those shards and would probably be just as happy to shut them down if they could if they can drive away enough players to pull it off.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
On Sonoma, the community is just as great, Larisa. If someone is in trouble and has to run to save themselves, you will usually see 3 or 4 people take off after them to make sure they are okay or to give a rez if not. The tamers put their pets on the bosses as soon as they spawn and pretty soon the bards are provoking stuff onto the bosses as well, if there is enough spawn for them to do it. However, in a lot of rooms, there just isn't enough spawn. I spent 5 hours there last evening and got 13 enchanted origin artifacts to turn in, as well as a handful of Ilshenar artifacts that I couldn't turn in and have no use for. We made the whole circuit a couple of times during that period. There were several rooms where I got nothing because there was just nothing to do except stand there and yes, it did seem like the "slowness" was even worse than earlier in the week.

My suspicion is that the servers are being severely taxed by this event and the dev team has had to program some rooms to have fewer resources as the number of players increases just to keep everything from crashing. And I really believe some shards don't even have the event because the dev team decided those were the low population servers that they could sacrifice to let the event run on other shards. And that whole concept is beyond disappointing. It's discouraging to think that they just don't care about the people playing those shards and would probably be just as happy to shut them down if they could if they can drive away enough players to pull it off.
You'd think Origin would be on that list..wouldn't you?

I just ran around Luna on Sonoma..I have a tiny house there...and there are NO spots to place in Luna..which is true of most shards....you know how Luna is prime real estate!

LunaSpots.jpg
LunaSpots2.jpg

You'd think on a shard where there are so many open luna spots...even the house next to one is for sale...no one wants it!!!

If ANY shard were to go...I would think it would be Origin.....yes we have a small population but on every other shard Luna is full...at least as far as I know.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You'd think Origin would be on that list..wouldn't you?

I just ran around Luna on Sonoma..I have a tiny house there...and there are NO spots to place in Luna..which is true of most shards....you know how Luna is prime real estate!

View attachment 72944
View attachment 72945

You'd think on a shard where there are so many open luna spots...even the house next to one is for sale...no one wants it!!!

If ANY shard were to go...I would think it would be Origin.....yes we have a small population but on every other shard Luna is full...at least as far as I know.
Origin is a test shard. Broadsword wouldn't close the event on Origin. Even you know that, Larisa.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Put yourself in the shoes of people who play on the shards that have no event. How would you feel? Would you be here spouting happy happy joy stuff? No, you wouldn't. Broadsword isn't stupid. Most of the shards they picked to shut down don't have a lot of players who speak English well and/or use Stratics. They knew they wouldn't get a lot of complaints here from players who play on those shards.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Origin is a test shard. Broadsword wouldn't close the event on Origin. Even you know that, Larisa.
It's not the only one...and they can move the test shard to a more populated server....which is why they added a second test shard because NO ONE WAS TESTING ON ORIGIN...well almost no one....

Why? yeah...because it's not a highly populated server.

If we had no content? Yeah I would be upset....NO ONE has the player-named Zombie's and I sent an E-mail to Kyronix....don't think I'm all just sunshine and roses...but I don't convey my frustrations or disappointment PUBLICLY.....THAT is the only difference.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not the only one...and they can move the test shard to a more populated server....which is why they added a second test shard because NO ONE WAS TESTING ON ORIGIN...well almost no one....

If we had no content? Yeah I would be upset....NO ONE has the player-named Zombie's and I sent an E-mail to Kyronix....don't think I'm all just sunshine and roses...but I don't convey my frustrations or disappointment PUBLICLY.
....THAT is the only difference.
Maybe it isn't highly populated because people don't want to live on a test server?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If we had no content? Yeah I would be upset....NO ONE has the player-named Zombie's and I sent an E-mail to Kyronix....don't think I'm all just sunshine and roses...but I don't convey my frustrations or disappointment PUBLICLY.....THAT is the only difference.
There's quite a difference between player-named zombies and the items you can get from the Sorcerer's Dungeon content, Larisa. And if I thought that sending an e-mail to Broadsword would make any difference, I would do that too. But in my experience, it's pointless. I'm not a major player, big-time rares collector, avid attendee of EM events, or someone making big bucks off playing UO. I'm just a normal, run-of-the-mill player and if I want to express my disappointment and frustrations here, I will. I've never read anywhere that I'm NOT allowed to do that. I'm long past the point of trying to suck up to the dev team. This is just a game and I pay to play it just like anyone else. I've had houses and characters on Balhae and Lake Austin for quite a few years now and yes, I'm very annoyed that I can't do the Sorcerer's Dungeon content on either of those shards. I don't have the gold to go buy the serpent's jawbone on Atlantic and I'm damn well not going to pay cash to buy gold to get jawbones there and then have to pay for transfer tokens to move the jawbones to those shards. I would like to be able to get the jawbones on those shards by doing the content on those shards myself and at this point, I can't and I haven't yet seen any kind of announcement telling me when I can expect to do so. For all I know, Broadsword has no plans whatsoever to turn on the content on those shards and just hopes people will give up and go do it on other shards and transfer stuff around, buying tokens if that's what it takes to do so.

Yeah, I'm annoyed and I am speaking up here.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
My experience with this on two different shards is that if there are more than four people there, even if I am getting in hits, the spell spam and AoE effects in the small area just make for an unpleasant and frustrating play area. It's like the moments when people are expecting an EM boss to drop and start spamming all over the place, only stretched out to however many hours there are more than a few people there.

That'd be me.

My conclusion was that the spawn rate was similar though possibly a little faster on respawn (or might have just looked that way since everything wasn't dying instantly) to the two shards I've tried it on (Catskills and Chesapeake). There was less AoE spell spam though, so monsters lasted longer. As I pointed out though, it really only takes one aggressive AoE mage and then anyone who wants to compete kind of has to do something similar.

My opinion is that an event like this shouldn't hinge on the politeness of strangers when limited time rewards are in the balance. As we see at literally every single non-governor EM event, that doesn't work. It just builds frustration and resentment. It's great that this is working okay on Origin, but Origin seems to be unusually fortunate in that regard. Here is Catskills with only a few people in the rooms:

Screenshot (600).png

Screenshot (602).png

Chesapeake was pretty similar. Neither of these shots had more than ten people, and the top one if I remember right only had five. And I definitely don't think that this is due to some superiority of one shard community over others--on the shards I play people are healing and rezzing each other and working together just fine, it's just that for whatever reason, Origin has fewer players tackling this event the way most players everywhere else are.

This is a stark contrast to last year's Kotl dungeon, which was spread out enough to keep it from becoming a claustrophobic mess and had monsters you couldn't kill in half a hit.

And of course, that's not even touching the shards that don't have any spawn at all, or the fact that no shards have the named skeletons yet.

And I really believe some shards don't even have the event because the dev team decided those were the low population servers that they could sacrifice to let the event run on other shards. And that whole concept is beyond disappointing. It's discouraging to think that they just don't care about the people playing those shards and would probably be just as happy to shut them down if they could if they can drive away enough players to pull it off.
I doubt this is the case. The city invasions had more spawn than this but this didn't happen. Nothing like this happened with Kotl or Doom. I think something has gone very wrong and they are having a hard time isolating and/or correcting it. While I think the complaints of players like me (see pictures above) and even more populated shards than the ones I play are valid, they can't possibly be the priority right now with many shards not having anything at all. The inactive shards are the one thing they have put out a communication about so far.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It is incredible "fun" that area peace isn't breaking aggro from the bosses there and at champ spawns now.
So much "fun".

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Like most people I was looking forward to Halloween. But no longer... Doom and Kotl rocked, but this event sux big time. Too grindy, crazy para bosses, for a special limited time event it should be attractive, doable, and FUN. You shouldnt have to have a tamer, or a SW, to do it. I dont intend to build a char to do llimited time events. The first year was great, Doom-normal stuff normal fun. Kotl got a little more involved, but was still fun. And now, as always, they have to keep increasing the grind effect to the point of killing the excitement (unless you can cast a reaper or have a super pet).

Myself, I dont give a damn, I had enough stuff from the first two years I already have the rewards I wanted to get.
Wanted to work some and get rewards for friends and stuff, and as prizes for player events, but that just isnt in the card.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh yeah.. the content wasn't that bad when I went down. But I could handle the spawn on 1 sampire, while fighting the boss (Had to pull the balron for the paragon Snowman), but I just couldn't imagine if there were more people down there.

There were just so many things that could of done better than cramming the monsters into 1 little room and tethering the boss.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Doom was extremely fun. Kotl required some more prep to get the big room working, but it was very fun and rewarding too.
This... this isn't so much, no. Spawn die too fast to aoe, the bosses are just annoying and pointless rather than fun.
If they also gave a guaranteed drop for the top attacker list, it would have been a bit better.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
but I don't convey my frustrations or disappointment PUBLICLY.....THAT is the only difference.
Do you think he would give me the time of day if he got an email from me? If he did, I pointed out many times how Rams, Dread Spiders, Kirin, Unicorns, Skree, Tsuki Wolves and others are completely under powered. Does he care that half the new BODs do not work as intended?

None of that is changed.

Of course Origin is fun. The dungeon is made for 2 players to do.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hmm...you're using a Sampire and you haven't tried Wither??? ;)
I don't use a sampire there. :) I'm purely talking about other players experiences there that I have witnessed.

I have had no problem gathering items there, because I know the game.

The game is just unfun and unfair.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't understand how people have 7 char slots per account and not have a necro/mage/weaver. Its one of the oldest spawn clearing templates in UO just like the sampire. When I start a new char on a different shard, first thing I make is that template cause its a good all around template for spawns, events and pvm. I go down there and if I finish entire circuit I get anywhere from 35-50 drops, that's with competing with others using the same template. Sure they could up the spawn rate a little bit, but then I would just get more drops and you would complain more. If they upped spawn too much then people would say its too much for dead servers to even bother. I find this funny that people just cant play what is needed to get the job done. Stop complaining and just make the right char for the job.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don’t have a sampire or necro mage weaver that’s why I haven’t bothered going yet

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don’t have a sampire or necro mage weaver that’s why I haven’t bothered going yet
Neither one takes more than a few days. I converted a char from mystic/weaver mage (a secondary char that was on Atl for spawn fighting) to necro/weaver mage and it only took about 2 days to do it...then after I did a circuit of the rooms, did some more tweaking and went back to mystic/weaving/necromage; I realized thunderstorm spam wouldn't be enough for the bosses or higher-level mobs like Paragon Balrons.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A mystic mage weaver works good enough.

as for necro/mage/weaver, I'd never even heard of it before.

Sampires should have been made impossible before they became so ubiquitous. The very nature of Necro / Chiv / Bushido /Ninjitsu should have been set to having one prevented the others from working. Instead, they broke Chiv to turn it from a valid skill for those wanting an alternative that worked for RP, to being a support skill for necro & bushido users.

IIRC, RG made a comment, before he left Origin, that if had his way there would never be samurai and ninja in UO, because they didn't fit his concept of Britannia, and he wasn't so hot on the idea of PC paladins and necros.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I don't either...yet I'm down there getting drops..go figure.

I should say, I DO have a sampire..but she doesn't go down there....only a tamer/mage....my tamer sits in the hallway to rez or help kill harder spawn and my other mage (Who does have SW but I don't use it....don't ask me why I only use gift of renewal...sometimes WoD but not often) I only cast EV's on her and have had no issues with drops.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a mage but no necro or spell weaver maybe I’ll just cast evs and earth ellys see how that goes don’t have time to train a new character rl responsibility’s

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a mage but no necro or spell weaver maybe I’ll just cast evs and earth ellys see how that goes don’t have time to train a new character rl responsibility’s
EVs will work, albeit slowly. Forget the eles though, waste of mana.

Earthquake would also be a viable choice.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A human who has taken the quest chain for SW can cast Nature's Fury, Arcane Circle and Gift of renewal - and if they actually get together a bunch of non-spellweavers on the circle, can get a 5-6 level circle, making their spells all the more better.

I've been known to get a level 4-6 circle on my non-casters, then drop down 4-5 NF to help with my weapons use, and have a GoR going for about 14 points a tick. All with 0 skill on a human.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A human who has taken the quest chain for SW can cast Nature's Fury, Arcane Circle and Gift of renewal - and if they actually get together a bunch of non-spellweavers on the circle, can get a 5-6 level circle, making their spells all the more better.

I've been known to get a level 4-6 circle on my non-casters, then drop down 4-5 NF to help with my weapons use, and have a GoR going for about 14 points a tick. All with 0 skill on a human.
Does that increase the damage of magery spells?

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does that increase the damage of magery spells?
Kinda. It enhances the amount gheal/mini-heal heal for, but not entirely sure on damaging spells; at least, I'm not sure if it's a direct result of casting Arcane Empowerment (aside from the SDI boost you get from it.)

did a quick re-read, and no: Human spellweaving isn't enough for Arcane Empowerment. The spells he uses give offense and added/automatic recovery.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought there was some kind of "penalty" introduced for having more than 1 type of magic school active?

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
3 levels in the dungeon, should of had one area (room or corridor) spawn at a time on each floor to allow at least three separate spawns.

If you're gonna increase the decay rate of corpses then turn off mob looting. You think it is a problem on prodo then think about siege where there is no insurance. Lost 4 bits of really nice armor the other day as the mob decayed before I could get rezzed and back. Note there is no healer in that dungeon for rezzes so if you have to leave to find a rez no chance in hell of getting your stuff back. Also no recall on siege so if you do get looted you have a fair walk back to valor gate to get your stuff replenished.

On prodo it isnt quite as bad due to insurance, and I always use a bos for each drop so if you are getting drops looted that is really your own fault. There is a mechanism to stop this.

Why do some shards not have this event? They are paying the same as everyone to play. Is it something being looked at or are they just sol?

Sad that this is the long awaited 20th anni content and the end of the arc yet is so poorly coded that every single part has been badly designed, ie poor drops from ambushers and sooooooo sloooooooooooow. Fishing mibs in the second part a total grindfest where the rng totally screwed some people over on that staff thing. The silly town invasions where all the 'decent' drops got taken off the mages in the first 5 mins leaving 'some' people to then spend hours clearing the rest to advance the thing so the next '5 mins' of mage killing could take place, now this where half the dungeon is broken, some not working at all and others not designed for anywhere near the amount of players ie atlantic etc.

Just a reminder........ We pay for this.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've noticed that there is a difference in the way the pumpkins are laid out at some of the Sorcerers Dungeons. Many of them have had the most annoying small pumpkins completely removed, some have had them partially removed, and others still have all of them, which means you are likely to trip over them while running up the stairs. Below is a selection of screen shots I took a few minutes ago.

I do not understand why the dev team does stuff like this, i.e., favoring some shards over others. If you're going to fix a problem for one shard, why not just do all of them while you're doing it? It makes no sense from a customer service point of view, none at all. Someone clearly took the time to do this manually. Why not just fix it globally and be done with it?

NO SMALL PUMPKINS
Atlantic, Drachenfels, Great Lakes, Sonoma
atlantic sorcerers dungeon.JPG drachenfels sorcerers dungeon.JPG great lakes sorcerers dungeon.JPG sonoma sorcerers dungeon.JPG

SOME SMALL PUMPKINS, BUT NOT THE ONE YOU TRIP ON RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE STAIRS
Lake Superior, Origin, Yamato
lake superior sorcerers dungeon.JPG origin sorcerers dungeon.JPG yamato sorcerers dungeon.JPG

ALL THE SMALL PUMPKINS, INCLUDING THE ONE YOU TRIP ON IN FRONT OF THE STAIRS
Arirang, Balhae, Lake Austin, Mugen, Napa Valley
arirang sorcerers dungeon.JPG balhae sorcerers dungeon.JPG lake austin sorcerers dungeon.JPG mugen sorcerers dungeon.JPG napa sorcerers dungeon.JPG

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought there was some kind of "penalty" introduced for having more than 1 type of magic school active?
pvm, no. pvp, yes: the old focused spec cap was 30%, but hybrids like mystic/mage had a cap of 15%. There's also the 2/6 casting cap on Chiv if you have 70 or higher Magery.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I’m sure they are working on the problems.

Kinda OT here.
I agree with what they said at the 20th party about the Tim Burton idea.
Would be nice if they made an event that ran from October to the end of December.
The holiday season is a very busy time so only having 1 month is to short having 3 months would be better.
Mix both Halloween thanksgiving and Christmas all in one event.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I’m sure they are working on the problems.
If the problem is that the servers they are using are insufficient, how quickly can they resolve that problem? Would they have to arrange for larger servers to replace the ones that currently house the groups of shards that now have at least one shard with no Sorcerer's Dungeon content? In other words, would they have to arrange for larger servers to house (1) Origin/Napa/Sonoma/Baja/Lake Austin/Pacific, (2) Europa/Drachenfels, (3) Formosa/Arirang/Balhae, and (4) Asuka/Hokuto/Izumo/Mizuho/Mugen/Sakura/Wakoku/Yamoto? If yes, would that then mean that all the shards on those servers would have to be migrated to new servers? Or could they just set up a new server to hold Arirang/Balhae/Drachenfels/Lake Austin/Mugen? Can they easily arrange for the existing servers to gain more capacity? If yes, I would imagine they still have to go through some process to map out which parts of that server are reserved for each shard and then bring them all down to fit the new format.

I just wonder if the problem is server capacity being insufficient for this event whether or not Broadsword thinks it's worth spending the money and the time to fix it for something that will be over in a month or so. If it's a temporary "lack of resources" problem, I just don't see them doing anything different than what they are doing, which is to drag out fixing the problem until no one cares about it anymore.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It would be a sad day if we found out they literally have no intention of fixing this event on all shards.

Maybe I’m just being to hopeful. I’ve been let down many times by this team as well as been very surprised.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be a sad day if we found out they literally have no intention of fixing this event on all shards.

Maybe I’m just being to hopeful. I’ve been let down many times by this team as well as been very surprised.
Go look in the healer's shop on Arirang and Balhae and tell me what you see that you don't see on any other shard.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm not exactly sure just "how" or "where" the shards are hosted now, given that they are being hosted by a 3rd party in the "cloud" now.

That said, the issue with my shard (LA) and the others affected appears to be a conflict in the new code with code dating back to the creation of Ilshenar.
The reason I believe this is the issue, is that Exodus Dungeon underground isn't affected (radically changed for the Exodus event), nor are the Valor and Humilty Champion spawns (added a year or two after Ilshenar was created). Somehow, the affected shards did something that crashed the original code for monster spawn in West Ilshenar subserver, that hasn't happened (yet) to the others. I would not be surprised to find out that it had something to do with low population and the event going unopposed for too long at some point. If they had left the native spawn alone and just placed the event spawn with it, it might not have happened (as part of the event code is suppressing the dungeon's normal spawn, and that might have somehow gotten bugged to affect outside the dungeon).

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Go look in the healer's shop on Arirang and Balhae and tell me what you see that you don't see on any other shard.
Not sure what I’m missing on pac vesper healer shop and Balhae vesper healer shop seem to be the same

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Paragon nightmare fairy. People just plain gave up. The thing was regenerating faster than we could damage it.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've noticed that there is a difference in the way the pumpkins are laid out at some of the Sorcerers Dungeons. Many of them have had the most annoying small pumpkins completely removed, some have had them partially removed, and others still have all of them, which means you are likely to trip over them while running up the stairs. Below is a selection of screen shots I took a few minutes ago.

I do not understand why the dev team does stuff like this, i.e., favoring some shards over others. If you're going to fix a problem for one shard, why not just do all of them while you're doing it? It makes no sense from a customer service point of view, none at all. Someone clearly took the time to do this manually. Why not just fix it globally and be done with it?

NO SMALL PUMPKINS
Atlantic, Drachenfels, Great Lakes, Sonoma
View attachment 72972 View attachment 72976 View attachment 72974 View attachment 72973

SOME SMALL PUMPKINS, BUT NOT THE ONE YOU TRIP ON RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE STAIRS
Lake Superior, Origin, Yamato
View attachment 72975 View attachment 72983 View attachment 72977

ALL THE SMALL PUMPKINS, INCLUDING THE ONE YOU TRIP ON IN FRONT OF THE STAIRS
Arirang, Balhae, Lake Austin, Mugen, Napa Valley
View attachment 72978 View attachment 72979 View attachment 72980 View attachment 72981 View attachment 72982
The only reason I can think of to explain this, is that it must have been the individual shard EM's who did it, not the developers. That would explain it being done manually and why some shards have changed while others have not. They probably removed the small ones and the one you trip over to help the players of their shard, while the ones which still have all of the small pumpkins were not touched at all by an EM.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not exactly sure just "how" or "where" the shards are hosted now, given that they are being hosted by a 3rd party in the "cloud" now.

That said, the issue with my shard (LA) and the others affected appears to be a conflict in the new code with code dating back to the creation of Ilshenar.
The reason I believe this is the issue, is that Exodus Dungeon underground isn't affected (radically changed for the Exodus event), nor are the Valor and Humilty Champion spawns (added a year or two after Ilshenar was created). Somehow, the affected shards did something that crashed the original code for monster spawn in West Ilshenar subserver, that hasn't happened (yet) to the others. I would not be surprised to find out that it had something to do with low population and the event going unopposed for too long at some point. If they had left the native spawn alone and just placed the event spawn with it, it might not have happened (as part of the event code is suppressing the dungeon's normal spawn, and that might have somehow gotten bugged to affect outside the dungeon).
The Sorcerer's Dungeon on Balhae was closed down within about half a day of the event becoming live on that shard, so it's hard to believe that the spawn became too much in that amount of time.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only reason I can think of to explain this, is that it must have been the individual shard EM's who did it, not the developers. That would explain it being done manually and why some shards have changed while others have not. They probably removed the small ones and the one you trip over to help the players of their shard, while the ones which still have all of the small pumpkins were not touched at all by an EM.
I've always been under the impression that EMs can only remove something they themselves placed. Not true?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
"Closed down"???? Where the **** are people getting that idea?

Nothing was "closed down". That implies deliberate action, and any people doing so are being WILLFULLY DISHONEST.

I watched what happened on Lake Austin. The Event and its half of Ilshenar BROKE - a day after DF and Balhae....

Something happened in the dungeon, and the next stage didn't respawn.
Slowly, over the following day, as stuff NATURALLY despawned in west Ilshenar, the replacements didn't spawn.
A day or two after that, the yellow event NPC despawned, and failed to respawn.

The only things left are a few of the yellow healers, and the contents of 2 champ spawns & a dungeon, that weren't native to the original version of Ilshenar, and used different monster spawning engines.

BTW, EMs and GMs have ZERO control over global events. This has been stated repeatedly going back to AT LEAST Mondain's Legacy. As for the pumpkin placement at the dungeon entrances - they probably did multiple layouts during design and assigned them randomly to shards. The "different" layouts are so similar (all have the same base, with two alternates that are the same across the shards that have a specific alternate) that if EMs placed them, they must have been made to choose from Patterns A, B or C, which puts the designs above their level.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Closed down"???? Where the **** are people getting that idea?

Nothing was "closed down". That implies deliberate action, and any people doing so are being WILLFULLY DISHONEST.

I watched what happened on Lake Austin. The Event and its half of Ilshenar BROKE - a day after DF and Balhae....

Something happened in the dungeon, and the next stage didn't respawn.
Slowly, over the following day, as stuff NATURALLY despawned in west Ilshenar, the replacements didn't spawn.
A day or two after that, the yellow event NPC despawned, and failed to respawn.

The only things left are a few of the yellow healers, and the contents of 2 champ spawns & a dungeon, that weren't native to the original version of Ilshenar, and used different monster spawning engines.
Did you read the first couple posts in this other thread, @Kyronix: Urgent: DF miss the NPC in front of Sorcere's Dungeon! ? Drachenfels had content in the dungeon on October 1st. However, after their early October 2nd maintenance happened (Monday morning for them, Sunday evening for us in the U.S.), the NPC outside and the spawn inside the dungeon and in the surrounding area of Ilshenar had all disappeared.

On Balhae, there was spawn inside the dungeon on the first day they had the event, which was October 2nd. However, when their next maintenance occurred (early October 3rd in Korea, late afternoon/early evening on October 2nd in the U.S.), the NPC disappeared and so did the spawn in the dungeon and outside in the surrounding area. When I checked that dungeon mid-afternoon on Monday my time shortly before maintenance, the spawn was in the nightmare fairy room. When I was able to check a few hours later after the maintenance, everything was gone.

The fact that the content disappeared on Drachenfels and on Balhae coincident with the first server maintenance after the event went live on those shards really looks like there was a deliberate decision to just turn it off on those shards with the next server maintenance.

And as far as Lake Austin goes, I believe it was first Napa that had nothing last week and then it was Lake Austin that had nothing and Napa was back on again.

I still think the dev team turned off the content on a low-population shard or two on several servers to ease the strain and let the content play out on the other shards on that same server. I think they started out with Napa first and then switched to Lake Austin, possibly because of certain people who play on Napa and not wanting to aggravate them too much.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
What you say is interesting, but I can't see why they would turn off DF. Europa is not a high population shard, granted it has a higher population than DF but since there are only two servers in Ireland for Europe and Europa never even hits medium population, I just don't think we are likely to break the server, there are more people and worse particle effect problems at EM events. I don't even get lag on a Sunday evening at the Halloween event and that's when it's at it's busiest.

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hi all, don't mind a side track question... I am recovering from an operation. While resting I managed to get enough to exchange for 2 serpent's jaw teleporter. Are there any other stuff worth to get that are not just decorative but functional... apart from the Sterling Silver Ring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro