• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sonoma PvP Thread **Read Disclaimer Before Posting!**

Status
Not open for further replies.

ham92

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Both. From what ive seen the past two weeks, it's the same stuff, same people, same story, no news to report.

ham92

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To liven it up, lets start an argument as to what counts as pvp. My opinion is that tamers are not pvp, that would be p&mvp. What do yall think?

S

Sickshine

I think if your main pvp char. has hiding and stealth you should go back to tram and quit pretending you can pvp!

ham92

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my stealth archer isnt my primary char, so I guess you must be referring to everyone in Mofo and some people in OSG.

S

Sickshine

exactly it wasn't directed towards you just a general statement.

Ansatsu_MoFo

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
God it's nice to have Sickshine's ignorance back on Sonoma..

Now on to the real question at hand..
<blockquote><hr>

lets start an argument as to what counts as pvp

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I don't consider PVP needing 30+ people to raid a group of maybe 5 (FL's Definition)
I also don't consider choke point fighting PVP (again FL.. How many times can you hit your wither macro in 5 seconds?)
Hmm what else.. PVP isn't relying on "programs" so you can be elite.. (This goes without saying.. Ask your guild buddies Elmrad or Eli (Kind of funny Elmrad doesn't post any more.. Sucks to get caught doesn't it)

Well those are just my opinions.. And yes I play a stealth archer as my main.. I don't claim to be good and I know I suck as a mage.. But I must be doing something right to make poor Sickshine and his guild complain about us..

And a new topic for discussion too.. PAS and FL.. Buddies?? Since your in FL and an Elder in PAS Sick isn't there a conflict of interests? From what I hear theres over 7 FL/PASers true?? Discuss!!

S

Sickshine

I knew if i said stealthers suck good ole mofo would come out of the wood work and start crying. what is really sad is the stealther that tried to rez kill my poor hiryu. you guys are way too bitter. Im really glad you work so hard at keeping up with where i am and who i run with.

I didnt hear you complaining about zergs not being fair when it was cop/moo/mofo/sm/t4h all allied trying to run the shard. Dont cry now that the shoe is on the other foot it just makes you look like a punk B!%ch.

Ansatsu_MoFo

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bitter?? Crying?? Not at all.. And I don't think I cried Zerg either.. That how this game is played.. Its all a numbers game.. I was just merely pointing out that your "elite" guild claim victory only when you have at least 2 to 1 odds.. If you don't you guys are no where to be found (Please add your crap excuses here.. We play 3 shards.. We had a miscommunication (like last night).. blah blah blah..) We have heard them all..

And personally Sick i could care less about who you hang out with.. Don't get your panties in a ruffle just cause I brought up how you play both sides..

A

Abaddon (Deth)

Been a while since I posted, but found some irony in some comments lately, so here we go:

Tamers dont belong in pvp BUT "what is really sad is the stealther that tried to rez kill my poor hiryu".... you wouldnt have had the hiryu except for having a tamer around to get it for you.

Stealther dont belong in fel, need to go back to tram BUT that is how FL and other guilds check spawns to see if anything is going on to raid. You cant effectively hide a ghost at a spawn without a necro being able to see them, but a talented stealther can do the checking for you. If stealthers need to stay in tram, then you lose your ability to raid without having a 15 man group running through t2a checking every alter.

In my opinion, any template that doesnt require hacks, cheats and/or third party progs to survive, is a valid template. Tamers have pets!!!! oh no, whatever shall we do. Most times tamers also spend 300+ skill points to be able to use those pets, and have to actually take the time to train them (or have Oshi do it for them). Stealthers cant be seen!!!!!! oh no, how unfair. But to do it, they have to sacrifice 2-300 skill points to get away with it. Wouldnt be a sacrifice if skill points didnt have a cap, but take out hide stealth and ninja, and something in your template is going to be less then ideal.

How about screaming "spell channeling weapons and shields should be allowed in Fel, it makes it to easy for uber-gimptastic templates!!!"

makes about as much sense.

Play the game without having to resort to cheating, and find ways to kill those that you dont like.

Dyvim Tvar
Pika Bahb

S

Sickshine

technically i didnt make the comment about tamers. my hiryu is simply a mount for traveling i hardly ever use it in pvp. it only attacks if i get dismounted. I dont really care what template someone plays. the thing about the stealthers was directed at mofo and a certain kq that refuse to come to fel unless they can hide. I agree many templates are needed for filling the needs of the guild. I just think its really bad form if you refuse to play anything other than the stealther.(or tamer or gimp).

the comment about trying to rez kill my hiryu was simply to point out the fact mofo hates me so much and gets thier little panties all wadded up about me so much they would consider it a victory if they could even kill my mount. (by the way they failed miserably)

Also the comments made by ham and myself did exactly as they were intended.there has been more posting today in this thread than there has been in a month.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I think if your main pvp char. has hiding and stealth you should go back to tram and quit pretending you can pvp!

[/ QUOTE ]

One of my mains has hiding/stealth, and is also a dexer, which I kill you with easily. The only advantage I get is suprise against you. You outdamage me by a long shot I'm sure, out defend me, out heal me, out everything me, but I still drop you. What's your excuse for that? Lack of skill or what? There's no way I'd ever die to my template, not in a million years on almost any template. If you think playing a hiding/stealth char is so easy, try it. You might want to get skill on "A" character, before trying a harder template to play well tho...

S

Sickshine

I may die but i dont care i dont claim to be leet. i have fun! I can also hop on any type of template and at least hold my own. I also cant remember ever dying to one stealth archer at any time. the only times i have died to a stealther was either from a group ambush, fresh rez, or with help of spawn or some other extenuating circumstance.

This is a separate idea and just a thought, but how about people going to farms for 1v1 2v2 or whatever. Not for gold or bets, but simple pride and bragging rights. Would anyone else be interested in seeing something like this happen. I myself would love it. In fact im open to challenges from anyone here is my icq if you want to kill me let me know. 206377395

G

Good_Ole_Lefty

"Tamers have pets!!!! oh no, whatever shall we do. Most times tamers also spend 300+ skill points to be able to use those pets, and have to actually take the time to train them (or have Oshi do it for them). Stealthers cant be seen!!!!!! oh no, how unfair. But to do it, they have to sacrifice 2-300 skill points to get away with it."

Every player has to expend an enumerous amount of points to be competitive in PvP, but mainstream templates have damage caps, casting caps, swing speed caps etc and use mana. Pets do not have these nor does the tamer expend mana to command his pets. It's all freebies. Stealthers are frowned upon not only the stealth, but the ranged rappid rate of fire and auto targeting not to mention the quirky ability to splap any skill on the template and they are always safe in their hidden state most of the time. Mainstream mage and warriors always run with limitations and take some skill to kill.

A

Abaddon (Deth)

" Pets do not have these nor does the tamer expend mana to command his pets"

true. It is also true that pets can be disco'd, and have slayer talismans brought to bare on them. A mounted player (and some of our local players who can run on foot faster then me on a mount) can easily outrun even the fastest beetle at full health, and remember, pets slow down when they are hurting. The more damaged they are, the slower they move. Damage cap might be against players, but not against pets. And most tamer templates leave them lacking in another area, either offensive or defensive, and most times both. A sword doesnt lose skill when its owner gets killed, but a dead pet loses a small amount in every skill when it dies. There are numerous tradeoffs to using tamers in pvp, as there is in every other template. Just get tired of people saying that they shouldnt be allowed in pvp. Every tamer I know, that tries pvp, knows that they are high on the list of targets when a fight breaks out. Not their pets always either, but the tamer itself.

The main difference I see about using pets is that you have to work twice to do be able to. First you have to work for the skill to tame the darned things, then you have to work to train the pet so they are useful. And some experience in controlling pets is handy in pvp, as I know well enough that a pet can easily go wild in the fracas.

All I ask is that if you are playing a template (not directed at you Lefty) is that you play an honest game, no cheats, no hacks, no scripts, and at the end, no crap talk. If people do that, I could not care less what their template is, tamer, stealther, stealth tamer, nox miner, whatever.

Dyv
Pika

T

TrustMeInc

<blockquote><hr>

I may die but i dont care i dont claim to be leet.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...

The truth has been spoken.

S

Sickshine

Did you have a point to your post. You die also. Do you really think your something special in pvp?

Also not one single person has said anything about 1v1 or team fights at farms. I think some of you are scared to step up and take a chance at getting beat.

G

Well for as much as I hate Tmi he's one of the best pvp'ers in Cop. So yeah I imagine he thinks he's something else.

And as far as people being scared of a 1v1 with Fl? I think they're just having a hard time believing it could happen.

S

Sickshine

Ive played sonoma for a long time and I've never walked away from anyone wanting to fight. The point about fighting some 1v1's was to give everyone an opportunity or excuse to challenge anyone, but I am not seeing anyone challenging anyone else. I think a lot of people talk crap, but when given the chance to back it up they balk.

S

Sickshine

So by saying I am willing to go and fight anyone with the attitude of doing it just in hopes of getting some good fights I am talking crap. I think it was pretty straight forward and lacking in bs. The part where I am actually talking to tmi or the earlier responses to the mofo moron were simply rebuttal to their comments and separate from the challenge.

I

imported_Ruffles

I think if your main pvp char. has hiding and stealth you should go back to tram and quit pretending you can pvp!...Sickshine

My my, not very original are you...in either your statement or thoughts. One of the most intriguing aspects of PvP is the diversity of skills. No one template has “godliness” over another, though sickshine may beg to differ.

Each template be it tamer based, melee based, archer based or stealth based has their strengths and weaknesses. In my humble opinion it is whether the person playing the character can do so without using hacks, cheats proggies and speeders and in some cases overwhelming numbers that define the skillfulness of that player in PvP. Some do and some don’t. Personally I would rather play Ruffles as what she is, a stealth archer using my own abilities, such as they are, rather than rely on the speeders, hacks, cheats and proggies and sheer numbers. I may not be as good as many of you that get the kills and the coin, but I have a heckova good time when I am knocking you off your horse and watching you die, even if it is to another.

There are many others like me that rely on their own skills and playing their characters well. They are constantly learning and testing new tactics. Regardless of their guild, those are the people that I admire in the game. They are the people that truly are PvPers.

As for the 1v1 aspect of PvP. Just ‘cause you can doesn’t mean you have any more value than one who cannot. Currently, my character is a support character. I am still learning how to PvP. Does that mean I should go back to Trammel? How good were you when you started PvPing? Did you use your own skills or download the programs and speeders that made you “leet”? Do you only fight when there are overwhelming numbers in your favor? As far as those that say anyone who cannot 1v1 has no value, that’s just garbage, especially considering that most in FL couldn’t fight their way out of a paper bag without 15 others being there to fight 4 or 5 enemies. Someday I will be able to fight as a solo character. It just takes time to develop skills sufficient to do so.

For sickshine, as well as those other individuals that constantly say “you should go back to tram and quit pretending you can pvp”… yet cannot play a game based on your own worth and skills…take your own advice!

*picks up soapbox and walks away*

S

Sickshine

Ruffles if i offended you i apologize. My comments about stealthers was directed at a particular audience and they received the message. Its called baiting. Its a technique used to make someone angry in hopes of getting them to say or do something stupid. (with some people all you have to do is to get them to speak and something stupid will come out. Yes i know some of you may say that im a prime example)

As for the remarks about different templates and how good it is to have variety i agree, but we all know some templates are very easy to play and require very little skill while others are more complicated and require more player skill.

Many of you have made comments about 3rd party programs and speed enhancement. I can honestly say all i use is approved programs. I also don't care who is cheating because if you have to cheat to beat me thats a compliment to me.

M

Madchild

again i reply here cuz im lazy.

Bal(vhinn)
thank you fer the pointers and the template it pwns .

Darkstone
thanks for the pointers on the quest it got me a sick cleaver .

thanks to Balla for gettin me to spend the money to play .

thanks to the old the real Evil Empire for the killa start

COP till i die !!!!! thx guys wish ya the best .

and thanks LEFTY

for those that say cop's speed was a hack and that lefty didnt help us beef our comps up while he was with us .
i have this for you

4000 spent on parts
5-6 hours in conversation with lefty
= one new computer
a wire by wire run down

to bad my raid drivers wont load i tired 2 different floopys and flash drives .

this is my so long im out

i got a new jod that pays half of what i made befor i need to stop the cash bleed

and my old friends on a free game that is a lil older then uo want their leader back thats right i dont suck at every game just uo :p.

G

Good_Ole_Lefty

Good luck old friend. Hope everything pans out. Keep in touch.

G

Oh!! Its always terrible to hear someone leaving the UO World.

Your absence on the forums will be missed, But I do wish you the best of luck with "Hello Kitty's: Island Adventures"

G

Good_Ole_Lefty

It is a new computer with all up to date parts. You can't buy a good gaming rig out of wal marts. The only upgrade he can do now is go from dual to quad.

M

Madchild

kinda sucks the last part i needed was the GPU i did cut a corner on it to save a lil cash i went with the nvid geforce 8800 gts 640 ,,,, the 8800 512 has a higher clock speed but costs a lil more and the 8800 gtx or the 8800 gtx utl where my dream cards .oh and instead of going with SLI like so many seem to be doing right now i stuck in a PCI card the asus phy-x graphics booster (i say booster as to not kill ham and trinns eyes with my poor spellin)

but i put her together hoping to debue the beast right away then my CC got messed up banks started phoning soo real life before game life and its gonna take some time sortin this out gettin use to less money well hey at leaste ill get in shape i have to ride my mountain bike to work 100 blocks a day :p

oh and if anyone knows of triple crown forks for under 600 bucks PM me the url all i can find are rock shox . iron horse makes a damn good frame but damn their stock forks suck .

i hope to be back before EA pulls the plug on us so i can get back to gettin stomped :p
peace yall

G

Just to clear the record str8 and I guess this is directed at mofo who feel they are awesome. If you have to hide in a 3 man team to take down a person, it's not pvp. It's called an Ambush. What you guys do is so far from the realm of pvp it aint funny. When ingaged in pvp, you can actually see the person you are fighting; not running SW looking for Lan(laughing uncontrollably)and then being jumped by this remarkable well planned ''ambush'' set up. Wow you guys are military strategist. You must be ex CIA or something. Maybe Joint Chiefs of Staff. Who knows . hehe. But job well done on keeping it very trammel Mofo. Think it's time for you guys to join the rest of us and get some new templates. Congrats on keeping the Samurai Empire expansion alive but those days are over. So when you kill someone from your ''organized hiding'' just remember that it wasn't at all face to face combat. Not knocking stealthing cuz it is very useful but the pvp world don't claim it. Ta Ta!!

Ansatsu_MoFo

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mel I do love when you come here to cry cause you died! Just suck it up and move on man. I'm sorry my guilds templates don't meet with your satisfaction. I'm sorry we don't jump from template to template for the "flavor of the week gimp" But honestly man we must be doing something right for you to get your panties in such a ruffle to have to come here and cry. If you want I will make a balanced bow pot chugging archer like you.

No one in our guild thinks were elite at PVP like you do Mel. We do it cause its fun.. Its something to do.. And cause it makes people like you cry on forums when you die.. You and OSG run your mouths so much and then when you do die you cry foul.. Get over yourself man.. Its a game.. Go res up and learn from your mistakes..

But for you Mel I will pass it on to my guild that you don't like dieing to our teamwork, gank, ambush or whatever you want to call it. Ill tell them that it hurts your little feeling to die and that we don't want that.. We will attack others that can actually die and take it and move on.. Ok.. Will that make you feel better?

*EDIT
After talking to the people that killed you last night Mel it sounds like you were fighting even numbers and you even had a greater dragon on your side.. So you really shouldn't complain.. Also you complain about us hiding when you just run and spam guards.. That makes you leet right? You can't talk crap when 80% of your kills come by guard whacking!

M

Madchild

mel my windows wont load with out the raid

n-force 590 sli board holds up to 8 gig i put 3 gigs on it yes DDR2 also can handle up to 6 hard drives :/ pointless lol.

cpu AMD x2 ath 64 5200+

as for leftys hints i used his help to help me show its no lie

and its a lot like traffic controll and who you want to go first say you have stratic open while playing well you want the game packets before stratics kinda thing and he showed us how far we can go with trimming windows fat .

i didnt say vhinns a template god just that the one he helped me with works very well for me .

leftys the template god (now if he could stick to one lmao)

stuff i dont yet understand fully
but the build was fun n fairly easy like a big lego set :pand once i get it to where i fully understand the dang thing ima water cool it hell that kits only 150 .

and mel we must work on your taste in sports football (CFL only) and Hockey are the only ones that count how bout them Canadians eh top in the east ohh and dang if Edmonton keeps stompin people like they have as of late they may just grab that last playoff spot. im torn ima Montreal fan living in Edmonton the playoffs r gonna get ruff

G

hehe yeah . man that's a bummer
. That sli is too advanced. hehe. I'm taking it that your bios isn't recognizing it. You may have to update your bios but do at your own risk hehe. Lefty is like a Jedi. I'm a jedi in training. So i would definately consult him further. And just bustin your chops about vhinn. haha. Hope you get that new comp runnin my friend. Believe me, I know the frustration. But I would go to Nvidia's site (which i'm assuming is your video card) and update your drivers first. I'm assuming you did that alrdy but if that don't work talk to Lefty or take it to your local computer store and not the Geek Squad. Half of them have no idea what they are doing. Good luck bro.

p.s. ok just reread what you wrote. Your bios is fine so i guess i'm not following what the problem is. I'm still going to say that your video card's drivers are not very happy with xp or vista because that card is way way new.

Oh and sry but here's the layout hehehe:
Cleveland Browns
Ohio State Buckeyes(til i die)
Cincy Reds
Don't follow hockey much sry

I'm still in mourning over OSU's losing the championship. That was a hard blow.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Mel I do love when you come here to cry cause you died! Just suck it up and move on man. I'm sorry my guilds templates don't meet with your satisfaction. I'm sorry we don't jump from template to template for the "flavor of the week gimp" But honestly man we must be doing something right for you to get your panties in such a ruffle to have to come here and cry. If you want I will make a balanced bow pot chugging archer like you.

No one in our guild thinks were elite at PVP like you do Mel. We do it cause its fun.. Its something to do.. And cause it makes people like you cry on forums when you die.. You and OSG run your mouths so much and then when you do die you cry foul.. Get over yourself man.. Its a game.. Go res up and learn from your mistakes..

But for you Mel I will pass it on to my guild that you don't like dieing to our teamwork, gank, ambush or whatever you want to call it. Ill tell them that it hurts your little feeling to die and that we don't want that.. We will attack others that can actually die and take it and move on.. Ok.. Will that make you feel better?

*EDIT
After talking to the people that killed you last night Mel it sounds like you were fighting even numbers and you even had a greater dragon on your side.. So you really shouldn't complain.. Also you complain about us hiding when you just run and spam guards.. That makes you leet right? You can't talk crap when 80% of your kills come by guard whacking!

[/ QUOTE ]

Not crying at all but making a very well known statement. Most people probably just wont step up and let it be known about Mofo. I don't recall a dragon or you even being there unless you was on an alt but yeah i died like 4 times to you guys in the same fashion. I think 3 of the times I was standing in front of Milt's house and all the sudden Bam! Bam! Bam! dead. 3 little mofo stealthers appeared out of nowhere . we didnt even see you guys. Actually we were all focused on Lan but I guess Lan blew the distress horn and lil stealthers showed up everywhere. So I'm sry if you dont agree with me but I dont even call that a fight. Yes it was a gank and we all gank but at least i'm actually fighting with the people who are ganking me. But I will be more than happy to fight anyone of you (without stealthing and without my balanced weapons LOL) anytime you want. 1 vs 1. I don't think i'm a pvp god. hell no. What fun would that be? Until you actually have one member who can stand up and fight and not ''hide'' his way into an area, then I will give you my respect. I love stealthers but just making sure that your people know that when they killed me, it was very weak and ''unskillful'' .
p.s. sry Ansatsu but on that duel 1 vs 1 you can stealth all you like and i wont use Super Soaker or the other balanced bow. I'll just use Zerg Punisher

^Wolfie^

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL @ you using the word "respect". Funny sh*t.

Have your eyes checked because it seems everyone but you knows Hidden Destiny was there with a dragon..ya know that BIG, RED, Greater Dragon.

G

Yeah Hidden was there but he wasn't really with us. So i can't count that.

G

Good_Ole_Lefty

download adobe reader
then download this guide.

http://www.xfxforce.com/files/raidsetup/Raid_Setup.pdf

Wait on the water cooling. Just get a better fan and heatsink for now, then maybe later if you want to go hard core with the cooling then use phase exchange. I might be able to save you some bucks on that this summer, but dont hold me to it.

And Mel, I did take most of the vet COP's through step by step tweaks and Simpson and I planned his build about a year or so initially. Last bit was the 8800 card.

As far as working with SM and OSG on this I haven't yet. I been burning the candle at both ends for the past couple of months and I am lucky to get a few hours on the weekend to play.

I

imported_Ruffles

Mel...Mel...Mel

Are ya saying that playing a stealth Archer isn't PvP? Sheesh ... just because a stealth archer doesn't go toe to toe and beat the everlovindaylights outta you it doesn't mean we don't PvP! The very essence of that template is surpise attacks (ambushes) and it seem to be very effective when done properly.

I know its hard to take dyin' to a group of stealth archers. But man, that is some coordination and teamwork and darn good tactics. It worked didn't it? I have found the hardest thing about playing the template is communication between the stealth archer and the melee characters and to pull off a successful attack. When we do that we, too, can be a team to be reckoned with.

*grins*

Ruffles

I

imported_Bishop_Hell

Ruffles this isnt directed at you just responded to yours because i am a lazy [censored].
Seems to me from my short time back on uo and in fel that the argument about which templates are more interesting than the actual pvp. I was always taught that there isnt any such thing as a fair fight. A persons choice of template is their business and a good pvp'r will always find ways to adapt. As much as I hate "ganking" all pvp'rs are guilty of it or have been guilty in the past. Like they say in the Marines.... improvise, overcome and adapt. Just my 2 cents

G

<blockquote><hr>

download adobe reader
then download this guide.

http://www.xfxforce.com/files/raidsetup/Raid_Setup.pdf

Wait on the water cooling. Just get a better fan and heatsink for now, then maybe later if you want to go hard core with the cooling then use phase exchange. I might be able to save you some bucks on that this summer, but dont hold me to it.

And Mel, I did take most of the vet COP's through step by step tweaks and Simpson and I planned his build about a year or so initially. Last bit was the 8800 card.

As far as working with SM and OSG on this I haven't yet. I been burning the candle at both ends for the past couple of months and I am lucky to get a few hours on the weekend to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah cool but only thing that I really want to do is set up slip streaming and that is very difficult because I have never tried it and I'm skeptical about trying it on my comp because I dont want to destroy my OS and then start over. As far as different types of raids go, unless i'm trying to run NORAD i'm in no need for it. AMD made an excellent processor in the 5200 series. it's all about cooling, RAM,CPU and bus width. other than that too much can be dangerous but i'm sure it has it's rewards. It's all up to the individual. But I'm sure I will need some input from you when I do eventually attempt to make my ''custom'' OS.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Mel...Mel...Mel

Are ya saying that playing a stealth Archer isn't PvP? Sheesh ... just because a stealth archer doesn't go toe to toe and beat the everlovindaylights outta you it doesn't mean we don't PvP! The very essence of that template is surpise attacks (ambushes) and it seem to be very effective when done properly.

I know its hard to take dyin' to a group of stealth archers. But man, that is some coordination and teamwork and darn good tactics. It worked didn't it? I have found the hardest thing about playing the template is communication between the stealth archer and the melee characters and to pull off a successful attack. When we do that we, too, can be a team to be reckoned with.

*grins*

Ruffles

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok Ruffy I know we don't always get along but you are family hehe and i know you love your stealther. First I like to sometimes get a reaction from those who have talked crap after thier group surprise attacks. If I was fighting Beastmaster I can either A) attack his pets or B) attack him. I have a choice. He can even have his beetle para me and dump bleed and armor corruption and all that crap but I have a chance. There is not one counter to an Ambush. There isnt one macro made where as soon as I am attacked by a 3 man stealth team that I can isntantly throw a grenade because in that situation it would be the best idea. I would need some sort of an area attack and only if i was fast enuff or free of being hit to use it. So yes it is very very questionable and debatable. I deal with it, I dont like it but I also feel it is kind of cheap. Don't get me wrong, it is very effective. When snipers were first recognized it was concidered very dirty and unhonorable. My only point is that there is not a whole lot of skill involved in hiding (as a group) and firing on someone. It's very effective yes but not much skill is used there.

I

imported_Viper09

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Mel...Mel...Mel

*grins*

Ruffles

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok Ruffy I know we don't always get along but you are family hehe and i know you love your stealther. First I like to sometimes get a reaction from those who have talked crap after thier group surprise attacks. If I was fighting Beastmaster I can either A) attack his pets or B) attack him. I have a choice. He can even have his beetle para me and dump bleed and armor corruption and all that crap but I have a chance. There is not one counter to an Ambush. There isnt one macro made where as soon as I am attacked by a 3 man stealth team that I can isntantly throw a grenade because in that situation it would be the best idea. I would need some sort of an area attack and only if i was fast enuff or free of being hit to use it. So yes it is very very questionable and debatable. I deal with it, I dont like it but I also feel it is kind of cheap. Don't get me wrong, it is very effective. When snipers were first recognized it was concidered very dirty and unhonorable. My only point is that there is not a whole lot of skill involved in hiding (as a group) and firing on someone. It's very effective yes but not much skill is used there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who the hell should care about "skill" if your having fun? I mean, aside from the victim who ends up whining about skill.

lol

I

imported_Ruffles

Awww Mel, I thought we just disagreed on a few things. :p

We are part of the same family though and even in the best of families there are disagreements. I know that part of the PvP forums is to provoke conversation, and while I do understand and agree with the concept, I don’t always agree with the motives. To provoke one enemies on the field to lose their cool and make mistakes is yet another tactic. Here on the boards …. Hmmm…

As far as “ganking” and “ambushes” ALL guilds do it. ALL of them, if given the chance, including ours. I suppose it is human nature to want to be the team that “wins” and will use any available method or tactic to do so. It isn’t enjoyable to be on the “losing” side but then you do have the choice whether or not to engage in battle when the odds are clearly stacked against you. If you choose to engage...you get what you get…ganked.

Snipers and stealthers are no less honorable than any other character. The skills they choose are just different that the skills and templates that some other players may use. You say “there is not a whole lot of skill involved in hiding (as a group) and firing on someone. It's very effective yes but not much skill is used there.” I would beg to differ with you. There is just as much skill used there as in knowing what “F” key or other key to hit in your macro when fighting ANY template, including melee. It’s just different sets of skills to use and knowing what is appropriate for the occasion. There are many skilled players in ALL the templates that PvP, and it is quite a challenge that makes PvP loads of fun!*grins*

I know I am not nearly as skilled as some of the other stealth archers out there. This puts me in the position to know that indeed it is a template that does require intuitiveness, tactics, and skill to be able to effectively play as a stealth archer. As with any template or situation … the REAL skill is to take any new situation and as Viper09 reminded us ”as the Marines say ‘adapt, improvise and overcome’”

*grins*
Ruffles

T

Trinsauce

Replying to last for convenience.

It's been a long while since I last posted or even played for that matter. It was actually good to get on for a change and do something that got a little bit of a fight today. Everytime I log in there's noone out spawning or even at the gate so I log off. Wasn't much of a fight tonight in Despise but at least someone showed up.

I've been contemplating shutting my account down and juss dropping all my stuffs at Haven for people to grab. I may stick around a bit longer only if something starts picking up tho. The game has been way too boring of late for me to waste my moneys on it.

G

Trin- Don't give away your stuff man, you'll regret it. Just shut your account down for awhile and just keep your house(s) up. Just quit till you've got that wierd desire to play this game again.

T

Trinsauce

Well if the past 2 nights keeps up then I prolly won't quit... We had a 3+ hour long fight at Destard last night... Ended up getting 2 120 vets and a 120 med that was stolen and eaten right away by a thief... lol...

But na, when I do quit I'm going to give my stuff to someone who has played a long time... Maybe someone who used to pvp (hunter, Dor) in an attempt to get them suited up and allow them to get back out there and pvp again as they did in the old days... Or I would juss give it to a guild such as HELP who I've seen helps people out tremendously... I don't want to try and sell the stuff off or my account cause it's too much of a hassle for little reward anyway... In the end it's only pixels right??? I wouldn't keep my houses up either simply cause I'd have to reopen an account to do so (a waste of money) and that was one of the things I was trying to avoid in the first place...

But if we can get more fights of the length and magnitude of the past couple nights then I may juss stick it out... Otherwise this 10+ year vet has seen his last few sunsets in this fantasy world called UO...

T

TrustMeInc

<blockquote><hr>

Well if the past 2 nights keeps up then I prolly won't quit... We had a 3+ hour long fight at Destard last night... Ended up getting 2 120 vets and a 120 med that was stolen and eaten right away by a thief... lol...

But na, when I do quit I'm going to give my stuff to someone who has played a long time... Maybe someone who used to pvp (hunter, Dor) in an attempt to get them suited up and allow them to get back out there and pvp again as they did in the old days... Or I would juss give it to a guild such as HELP who I've seen helps people out tremendously... I don't want to try and sell the stuff off or my account cause it's too much of a hassle for little reward anyway... In the end it's only pixels right??? I wouldn't keep my houses up either simply cause I'd have to reopen an account to do so (a waste of money) and that was one of the things I was trying to avoid in the first place...

But if we can get more fights of the length and magnitude of the past couple nights then I may juss stick it out... Otherwise this 10+ year vet has seen his last few sunsets in this fantasy world called UO...

[/ QUOTE ]

If your soooo bored just move a guy to another shard. I got a guy on an active shard if nothing is going on Sonoma. But they really should Mergs shards based on amount of players.

G

Ahh seriously no one needs to quit, it will just make the game that much more boring.

I mean with all the new activities and rude ignorant archers ruining the event in Moonglow.

And the Pvp is out there you just have to look for it.

I'm kidding I'm just burnt and frustrated.

I

imported_Viper09

<blockquote><hr>

Ahh seriously no one needs to quit, it will just make the game that much more boring.

I mean with all the new activities and rude ignorant archers ruining the event in Moonglow.

And the Pvp is out there you just have to look for it.

I'm kidding I'm just burnt and frustrated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rude ignorant archers ruining the event in moonglow?? I don't see any of them ruining anything in moonglow, lol. Even the tamers aren't ruining it as one might think, lmao. I am more than able to enjoy myself without any of them ruining it for my necro/macer : p
Ive even been able to collect one of everything : )

Status
Not open for further replies.