• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sonoma PvP Thread **Read Disclaimer Before Posting!**

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Well its definately gotten better in there.. But you can't deny the fact that a few of the archer's at first were just trying to kill the Wisps and dropping all the other junk on the tamers.

Now as Far as PVP goes......*Smirk* That wasn't Cop and FL working together to kill Waka was it? *Wink*

When 6 Fl and 3 COP had to dismount gank me and It still took over a minute to run me down, I couldn't help but laugh.

Oh and FL you better start doing your patrols because seriously I thought NO ONE was allowed to do spawns without your consent?

G

Well its definately gotten better in there.. But you can't deny the fact that a few of the archer's at first were just trying to kill the Wisps and dropping all the other junk on the tamers.

Now as Far as PVP goes......*Smirk* That wasn't Cop and FL working together to kill Waka was it? *Wink*

When 6 Fl and 3 COP had to dismount gank me and It still took over a minute to run me down, I couldn't help but laugh.

Oh and FL you better start doing your patrols because seriously I thought NO ONE was allowed to do spawns without your consent?

G

Perhaps we should say noone is allowed to do primetime harrowers? Thanks Waka for the harrower tonight we were out of stat scrolls.

T

Trinsauce

Try again kiddo... Wasn't our Harry for ur misinformed guild...

Edit: I really wouldn't brag much... Without ur EVERWHELMING numbers u got beat at COD shortly afterwards... 6 Waka against the 10 of yall... thanx for playing...

G

Shhh.....big guy i would not brag too much since Waka lost east ice Friday morning to a group of housewives that like to pvp.....

T

Trinsauce

Shhh... If I were u I really wouldn't brag on ur part... Even chimpanzies could win a 10 on 4 when we're all on the champ and ur all on foot with the uberest gimp of em all Valandil running circles around 4 necros in wraith form...

But hey go ahead and "brag" all u want... The fact is this we UNLIKE ur guild can win an outnumbered fight when prepared... Ur guild on the other hand has yet to beat us down 6 to 10 odds... Hate to break the truth to ya...

R

Razeial

<blockquote><hr>

Shhh.....big guy i would not brag too much since Waka lost east ice Friday morning to a group of housewives that like to pvp.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahaha. Valadil is a house wife? Where'd he learn to run so fast? His husband?

Anyone can win with doubled numbers, i'll put 20m up for grabs, if FL can fight waka even numbers, field style. Of course they'll say, "oh, w3r3 4LL 50 R1CH FR0M PWN1N6 4LL 5H4RD5 7H47 W3 D0N7 N33D 70 B37 M0N3Y!"

But if that's the case, you have nothing to lose? Lets see what FL has to say...should be intresting.

R

Razeial

<blockquote><hr>

Does that even numbers include 1v1s?

[/ QUOTE ]

group fight, 5v5 or so.

Individuals can 1v1 if they want,

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Does that even numbers include 1v1s?

[/ QUOTE ]

group fight, 5v5 or so.

Individuals can 1v1 if they want,

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be interested in a 5v5, though things like that never go down unfortunately.

R

Razeial

say the where and the when. Talk to leaders of both guids. I'm sure no one would object from our side.

G

<blockquote><hr>

say the where and the when. Talk to leaders of both guids. I'm sure no one would object from our side.

[/ QUOTE ]

We tried this before when we brought our FO_O guild over when waka was allied to TBA and 3F. Waka backed down though.

T

Trinsauce

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

We tried this before when we brought our FO_O guild over when waka was allied to TBA and 3F. Waka backed down though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Forgive me here but I don't ever recall WAKA backing down from a 5 on 5 EVER...

If I'm not mistaken the sides could never get it right on when the 5 best from each guild could be on at the same time... That my friend is why 5 on 5's NEVER happen... Don't blame it on one side cause quite frankly I have seen it where ur 5 best weren't on and u declined the 5 on 5... Don't spin it how u want to my friend cause u tryin to make another guild look bad is juss foolish.

U want the 5 on 5 we're always welcome to it...

G

And forgive me if I'm wrong but FOO wasn't anything to write home about either... They did ok for a bit but couldn't do a thing without numbers, just like FL. And no I'm not pancakes cause I got my kills then like I do now too.

G

<blockquote><hr>

And forgive me if I'm wrong but FOO wasn't anything to write home about either... They did ok for a bit but couldn't do a thing without numbers, just like FL. And no I'm not pancakes cause I got my kills then like I do now too.

[/ QUOTE ]

TBA/WAKA/3f Outnumbered the original foo guild 2 to 1 at almost any given time. Yet you all still went into hiding. The current day foo contains none of the original members.

G

If none of the original FOO are still around why are you commenting? I was there. FOO came on the shard with a bang and left just as abruptly. Not once did I ever "hide" from FOO. For the first month or so I was the only one who'd give that one FOO archer a run for his money... What was his name? Guy with the insane bow. I got screenshots of his corpse somewhere.

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

TBA/WAKA/3f Outnumbered the original foo guild 2 to 1 at almost any given time. Yet you all still went into hiding. The current day foo contains none of the original members.

[/ QUOTE ]

They also ran around 2x as fast as Waka too!

ham92

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So when is the next o_O Despise? That was fun beating you down with just 4 people. By the way, you don't usually offer protection to someone in the raiding party. But hey, let's give them credit. This o_O guild doesnt crawl into a hole like COP and MOO cause FL is a tough opponent.

T

Trinsauce

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, where the heck was I when Waka went into hiding??? I honestly don't recall Waka ever going into hiding when FOO, FL, or any other guild has ever attempted at invading our shard... Sorry but ur dillusional...

Waka has left the shard briefly when we weren't getting any fights bout a year and a half ago... We left for like a month to Baja to fight the extremely large blue guild over there... I believe it was SI??? We got bored and came back here...

But I surely don't recall Waka EVER going into hiding EVER...

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, where the heck was I when Waka went into hiding??? I honestly don't recall Waka ever going into hiding when FOO, FL, or any other guild has ever attempted at invading our shard... Sorry but ur dillusional...

Waka has left the shard briefly when we weren't getting any fights bout a year and a half ago... We left for like a month to Baja to fight the extremely large blue guild over there... I believe it was SI??? We got bored and came back here...

But I surely don't recall Waka EVER going into hiding EVER...

[/ QUOTE ]

Trin: It was prolly when we actually were not on because we have lives outside of this game. They were all prolly on massing at brit gate on a saturday nite while most of us were out with friends, GF's or even spending time with wives and kids.

Alyssa: I agree with trin. Waka never goes into hiding. Even too this day Waka continues to spawn, PvP, and do whatever they feel like. In the last two days I have received messages from the GM about doing a DSP just to try and pull FL, COP, MOO, o_O, and whoever else wants to PvP out of there holes. I have unfortunatly been busy IRL with work or family, but I do get on when I can and my conn aint sucking it up. Who knows. Maybe ill be on this evening some.

ham92

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you go into hiding? You either play or you don't. For a while, most of us didn't play at all...I remember FOO but somebody remind me if this guild was ever a factor in anything on Sonoma?

G

A couple of them were aos superstars, but it was just like most times in UO, a patch made them decent with items/speeders, and a patch made them disappear just as fast. You know the drill.

G

<blockquote><hr>

A couple of them were aos superstars, but it was just like most times in UO, a patch made them decent with items/speeders, and a patch made them disappear just as fast. You know the drill.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't you an archer?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't you an archer?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't lower myself to play an archer. Although I HAVE an archer that I'm sure no one would like me to play.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't you an archer?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't lower myself to play an archer. Although I HAVE an archer that I'm sure no one would like me to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think alyssa was referring to Ashane.....MOST PvPers in this game are AoS superstars. Not too many left that remember what it was like to have skill...

G

Mage dueling today is far more skill oriented than it ever was Pre Aos. Quicker paced, longer, more spell options and combinations. Even still after the semi-recent mage nerf of no rubber banding.

G

Not to mention necro-tastic. When I can win a duel with wither and no resist... theres a real problem. Why do you think FL can do anything in UO atm? If you took necros out of the equation, I'd take on any size group of FL with 3 other decent pvpers and bet on the 4 of us every time. That's skill.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Mage dueling today is far more skill oriented than it ever was Pre Aos. Quicker paced, longer, more spell options and combinations. Even still after the semi-recent mage nerf of no rubber banding.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have no idea what the hell you're talking about. Mage dueling was far more advanced pre-aos. Now-a-days you have infinite LRC and infinite mana. It actually required skill to balance you're mana, had to learn how to self-interrupt and/or not overcast which was prevalent. There was no faster casting recovery so you actually had to time your next spell correctly, now any wannabe can just mash a button and have spells come flying out in 7 tenths of a second. And if you ran out of regs in a duel, you had to improvise, you actually had to know what spell used what type of reagent so you could compromise incase you ran out of say blackpearl. Yeah, you're absolutly right, it takes waaaaaay more skill to mage duel these days. Go hug your orny you freakin AoS superstar.

G

Yea, Ashane is an archer. Before AoS and after The Art or Lack thereof Stealthing. No one can take away the adrenaline rush of dismounting an AoS Superstar and getting off 2 special moves and observing the pissed off ghost, "Oooo Ooo!" And also, no one can take away the rush when he misses and the AoS Superstar mana dumps on his ass.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You have no idea what the hell you're talking about. Mage dueling was far more advanced pre-aos. Now-a-days you have infinite LRC and infinite mana. It actually required skill to balance you're mana, had to learn how to self-interrupt and/or not overcast which was prevalent. There was no faster casting recovery so you actually had to time your next spell correctly, now any wannabe can just mash a button and have spells come flying out in 7 tenths of a second. And if you ran out of regs in a duel, you had to improvise, you actually had to know what spell used what type of reagent so you could compromise incase you ran out of say blackpearl. Yeah, you're absolutly right, it takes waaaaaay more skill to mage duel these days. Go hug your orny you freakin AoS superstar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Complete ignorance. Didn't mean to set you off so much sorry lol.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Not trying to be mean here but thats half the problem with UO now. People commenting on subjects they really only know a tiny bit about. I wish they'd do account age polls. Like in game. Any accounts under 6 years old dont get polled about pvp... that sort of thing. Have account age specific polling....
Maybe we'd get some ACCURATE player base polling that way instead of player gatherings that mostly newer/trammel players goto... wouldn't that be novel?

G

Pretty much any player that exceled PRE-AOS will tell you that POST-AOS dueling takes more brain power and quicker fingers. Anyone who tells you otherwise is delusional.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Pretty much any player that exceled PRE-AOS will tell you that POST-AOS dueling takes more brain power and quicker fingers. Anyone who tells you otherwise is delusional.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must have not played a mage Pre-AoS.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Not trying to be mean here but thats half the problem with UO now. People commenting on subjects they really only know a tiny bit about. I wish they'd do account age polls. Like in game. Any accounts under 6 years old dont get polled about pvp... that sort of thing. Have account age specific polling....
Maybe we'd get some ACCURATE player base polling that way instead of player gatherings that mostly newer/trammel players goto... wouldn't that be novel?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't mean to double post, but you have people running around on ethy polar bears who try to pvp and know nothing about it...

Edit: Is your account even old enough to ride ethies balinor?

G

One of them is. Does that matter? As long as the MAJORITY of the older accounts have people playing them that know what they are talking about, any poll done would be fairly accurate dont you think?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should play play a Pub 15 free shard and if you can't master pure mage dueling in a week, then you should never post again.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should play play a Pub 15 free shard and if you can't master pure mage dueling in a week, then you should never post again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was there for pub 15, I was even there when it was possible to heal through being poisoned. Were you?

S

Sires

Alyssa is right, as far as mage dueling is concerned it's the most skill oriented it's ever been.
And no I wasn't some pre-aos wash up.

G

Not like it matters. Dueling is for people who think they are the best. Not many duelers last on the field where it really matters. You dont see me duel much, but I kill an a$$ load of them on the field.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Not like it matters. Dueling is for people who think they are the best. Not many duelers last on the field where it really matters. You dont see me duel much, but I kill an a$$ load of them on the field.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's probably because there aren't many good duelers on sonoma. Or even mages in general for that matter.

G

Some of the best mages I've ever fought have been from Sonoma. You just missed the boat. But in all honesty, theres not a dueler around that really frightens me on the field. The people I'm more weary to fight are the ones that are out pking 24/7, solo and in a group. They have something that duelers don't. I don't know what it is, a lack of fear, a better understanding of how/what/when to use their surroundings, a heightened sense of awareness in the field, I don't know, but whatever it is, it makes for a way more intense fight normally. Duelers are boring to fight, too set in their ways, easy to predict and counter. It's like a pker is ready for anything, to use any advantage, and a dueler is waiting for a "one on one" constantly if that makes sense. I've fought people on most of the big shards and I've only ever ran into maybe 20 to 30 people TOTAL that can use every spell in their book to beat me, and half of those were on Sonoma. Most of them gone now.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Some of the best mages I've ever fought have been from Sonoma. You just missed the boat. But in all honesty, theres not a dueler around that really frightens me on the field. The people I'm more weary to fight are the ones that are out pking 24/7, solo and in a group. They have something that duelers don't. I don't know what it is, a lack of fear, a better understanding of how/what/when to use their surroundings, a heightened sense of awareness in the field, I don't know, but whatever it is, it makes for a way more intense fight normally. Duelers are boring to fight, too set in their ways, easy to predict and counter. It's like a pker is ready for anything, to use any advantage, and a dueler is waiting for a "one on one" constantly if that makes sense. I've fought people on most of the big shards and I've only ever ran into maybe 20 to 30 people TOTAL that can use every spell in their book to beat me, and half of those were on Sonoma. Most of them gone now.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know how ******** that sounds right? If by every spell in your spellbook you mean MA/FB/Light/Weaken/Curse/FS/EBOLT/MB/Harm/Field/Demon/Poison

Who do you play on

G

<blockquote><hr>

You know how ******** that sounds right? If by every spell in your spellbook you mean MA/FB/Light/Weaken/Curse/FS/EBOLT/MB/Harm/Field/Demon/Poison

Who do you play on

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are the only spells you use? That statement alone makes me laugh. If those are all you use, I'd drop you on your mage in a few seconds flat. I think you forgot a couple majors like heal/greater/teleport/mana drain/vamp... You're a dueler then I'm assuming? I'd read you on the field like an open book, and laugh as I looted you. Pollo was right, you have no idea what you're talking about and all your credibility just flew out the window with me. hahah Also, if you play on Sonoma, and don't know who I am, you either A: haven't been here long, or B: don't pvp much/well. Whichever the case, I'm through discussing pvp with somone who doesn't get it.

G

Someone just informed me you are xballahx. Why you are even still posting is honestly beyond me.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Someone just informed me you are xballahx. Why you are even still posting is honestly beyond me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said, you don't know anything. Go back to trammel. Its a blue gate near brit. Although I like balla, he's a decent enough guy, his mage skills leave a LOT to be desired. Nice shot tho. When I get on my computer I'll post a few just like them, minus the script prog.

Edit: I can tell Sires doesnt know much either from the previous post. heh

Status
Not open for further replies.