• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sneak Peek

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like when I still stuff like that- because it shows how passionate the play base still is about the game (and you'll find even players that don't play anymore are passionate about the game).

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For YEARS my wife and I ran vendor shops with all kinds of basic crafted stuff (all kinds of furniture, scrolls, house add ons, ect) to the point where even just the base 60 gold per day they were losing money on vendor fees. And we decided that it wasn't worth the time or effort anymore to do it.
I understand and I didn't mean my comment as a criticism of the players. I understand how frustrating and almost pointless it is these days to try to run a shop selling basic items.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm curious about the communications crystal idea. I remember with a smile a certain Europa PK, Senji, who had a house near Yew Lich with vendors and a communication crystal picking up when anyone said 'vendor buy'. Which roughly translated to 'recall home there's a victim on your doorstep' :D
Well I'm thinking for someone like me that would happen one time... then the next time I'd be the one laying the "trap"...

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understand and I didn't mean my comment as a criticism of the players. I understand how frustrating and almost pointless it is these days to try to run a shop selling basic items.
Oh.... if my post came across poorly, I apologize, I was complaining about the situation- agreeing with what you said.

funkymonkey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They did, and we are looking into a good solution.
Just make it so it can only be summoned in lvl 1 or 2. Simple tbh, and really whilst your figuring it out, can you tell the GM's if it does spawn there and people ask for it to be moved, move it? kinda ruins peoples game on very low populated shards like Europa.

just saying.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for the sneak peek Mesanna!

Now everyone is bemoaning about the faction arties without giving much thought to it. I would say its pretty obvious that the Devs are not as silly to just give anyone with silver a beefed up artefact and I would have thought that the players here would realise that. What I expect to happen is that Faction Arties will be limited in some way... either brittle/cursed or unrepairable which would give the incentive to farm silver regularly for those who wear the armour. There could be other limitation too, but who knows.. its a sneek peek so no-one other than the Dev's know what going to happen.. so why moan and complain about something that you have no idea on what its going to be yet?

Personally I think its great that Mesanna is giving us a little titbit of info about the forthcoming updates and UO hasnt seen this level of recent updates/corrections for years. For me UO is going forward and becoming great again!!

Keep it up devs!! :)
When the devs "tease" people, they shouldn't surprised when people start to speculate and some of the speculation sounds like moaning and complaining. Too much damage has been done in the last few years with these "teaser" communications and then seeing certain players (always the same ones), jump in here on the forums and start spilling little details that no player ought to know on their own but yet, somehow, these people always know the key details or start talking up or hinting at some activity that people otherwise wouldn't give a second thought to.

Every time stuff like that happens, the paying subscribers who aren't "in the know" are forced to conclude that the dev team is sharing details with the EMs and relying on them to spread the word about how something is going to work, instead of just putting in the time and yes, maybe spending a little bit of money, to put out decent communications about upcoming changes or additions that go to all the players. And yes, it isn't much of a leap for people who aren't "in the know" to also begin to wonder if those EMs and their friends aren't quietly taking advantage of that secret advance knowledge for their own profit/gain.

The campaign for secrecy on the part of certain people on the dev team and the campaign by some players to demolish other players and force them to quit for God-knows-what-reasons are killing this game. But hey, if that's what floats your boat and makes you feel all-powerful and clever, then go for it. Just don't be surprised when people who aren't interested in power trips and RMT sales, but just want something enjoyable to do in their free time, flee UO in droves and EA cancels it.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Ephemeral faction arties! ;)
This isn't necessarily a bad idea... It keeps the value of the real items, but also gives you a chance to have the slightly buffed faction versions but know it won't last forever. Just 25 hours of fighting. If this is the case, I say leave the silver prices as is. You'll occasionally need to collect silver for replacement items. It would be great if they would update the faction arties and put a faction Breastplate of the Berserker, faction Slither, faction Gladiator's Collar, and a few other items. The current faction items only use Mondain's Legacy and before artifacts to base these items.

Now if only the dev's would tweak the Void Pool artifacts to be non-ephemeral then I think we'd be in business with Pub 76.5 (or whatever it is called).

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Tina_Small

I have no more information than you or any other player. I just look at what the Dev's have been doing recently and see what they've been testing out and stuff and then made a (un)educated guess at what could possibly happen. UO as a game has started to become alot more taxing to the regular player, dungeons are now a bit harder (Cove being case in point) and things are challenging again. Do you honestly think Jeff, Mesanna and the rest of the team will jeapodise the last 8 months worth of work to make the game appealing again on a few overbuffed faction arties? As your a reporter surely you would look at the facts and background information before assuming anything?

What I can say (which I'm pretty sure about) is that Mesanna is now looking at this thread and probably thinking that she shouldnt have posted to begin with. The ONLY information we have is whats in the sneek peek so lets just go with that and not make up hocus pocus. The UO leadership is alot different to what it was a few years ago and communication is flowing pretty well and I feel that we have a Development Team that are listening to what we the players are saying. Lets not spoil that by infighting over possibilities and maybes and instead look forward positively to what sounds like an exciting publish!

:)

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When the devs "tease" people, they shouldn't surprised when people start to speculate and some of the speculation sounds like moaning and complaining. Too much damage has been done in the last few years with these "teaser" communications and then seeing certain players (always the same ones), jump in here on the forums and start spilling little details that no player ought to know on their own but yet, somehow, these people always know the key details or start talking up or hinting at some activity that people otherwise wouldn't give a second thought to.

Every time stuff like that happens, the paying subscribers who aren't "in the know" are forced to conclude that the dev team is sharing details with the EMs and relying on them to spread the word about how something is going to work, instead of just putting in the time and yes, maybe spending a little bit of money, to put out decent communications about upcoming changes or additions that go to all the players. And yes, it isn't much of a leap for people who aren't "in the know" to also begin to wonder if those EMs and their friends aren't quietly taking advantage of that secret advance knowledge for their own profit/gain.

The campaign for secrecy on the part of certain people on the dev team and the campaign by some players to demolish other players and force them to quit for God-knows-what-reasons are killing this game. But hey, if that's what floats your boat and makes you feel all-powerful and clever, then go for it. Just don't be surprised when people who aren't interested in power trips and RMT sales, but just want something enjoyable to do in their free time, flee UO in droves and EA cancels it.
I'm going to respectfully disagree with you here Tina. Because I've had this discussion as part of the feedback we share with the UO Team. It's a catch 22.

If they say: This is the plan in detail for the next 3 months, players in the past have held them to it with a muzzle in their ear. If that plan gets extended because of tweaks, some players pull the trigger back and goddess help the dev that doesn't stick to the plan. We've seen it, they've been bit by it hard from the playerbase so who wouldn't be a little gun shy, eh?

If they don't say anything until it hits TC1, reaction tends to lean towards "they never tell us anything, just put it in and expect us to deal with it. why should I test it??"

I think this is a great attempt at trying to find the balance, open up communication more and say this is the direction we'd like to go, what's your input on it. I don't think Mesanna posted this just to wave Hi. It's not a matter of secrecy but a lot of what we see coming up I imagine has to do with the long term story arc. Since the Event Moderators are a part of that process, of course they would know some of it and would be able to explain more with their shard.
There is nothing wrong with that and as for the comment of them taking advantage of that info in any way? I would imagine Mesanna has a zero tolerance policy for stupidity.

Hinting towards accusations like this is an opinion sure but it's speculation at best and hurtful at worst and certainly not an opinion shared by me.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm going to respectfully disagree with you here Tina. Because I've had this discussion as part of the feedback we share with the UO Team. It's a catch 22.

If they say: This is the plan in detail for the next 3 months, players in the past have held them to it with a muzzle in their ear. If that plan gets extended because of tweaks, some players pull the trigger back and goddess help the dev that doesn't stick to the plan. We've seen it, they've been bit by it hard from the playerbase so who wouldn't be a little gun shy, eh?

If they don't say anything until it hits TC1, reaction tends to lean towards "they never tell us anything, just put it in and expect us to deal with it. why should I test it??"

I think this is a great attempt at trying to find the balance, open up communication more and say this is the direction we'd like to go, what's your input on it. I don't think Mesanna posted this just to wave Hi. It's not a matter of secrecy but a lot of what we see coming up I imagine has to do with the long term story arc. Since the Event Moderators are a part of that process, of course they would know some of it and would be able to explain more with their shard.
There is nothing wrong with that and as for the comment of them taking advantage of that info in any way? I would imagine Mesanna has a zero tolerance policy for stupidity.

Hinting towards accusations like this is an opinion sure but it's speculation at best and hurtful at worst and certainly not an opinion shared by me.
Yep, we're entitled to disagree, right? And I've reached the point where I just don't care anymore, Airmid. Take me off Stratics staff, please. I'm done with this baloney.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
TiNa,

What I can say (which I'm pretty sure about) is that Mesanna is now looking at this thread and probably thinking that she shouldnt have posted to begin with. The ONLY information we have is whats in the sneek peek so lets just go with that and not make up hocus pocus. The UO leadership is alot different to what it was a few years ago and communication is flowing pretty well and I feel that we have a Development Team that are listening to what we the players are saying. Lets not spoil that by infighting over possibilities and maybes and instead look forward positively to what sounds like an exciting publish!

:)
Mesanna can handle it. I doubt she's sorry about posting and knows that things like this always generate discussion with passionate players. It's part of the UO charm maybe? :D

and double quoting this as a good reminder:
Lets not spoil that by infighting over possibilities and maybes and instead look forward positively to what sounds like an exciting publish!

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yep, we're entitled to disagree, right? And I've reached the point where I just don't care anymore, Airmid. Take me off Stratics staff, please. I'm done with this baloney.
Over a possible publish? Erm, I'll give Petra the heads up.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tina, I have seen no evidence of anyone being 'in the know' any more than anyone else. Some people go throught the cliloc files, some people make educated guesses.
I'm working on an educated guess now - I'm growing vanilla and sugar for all I'm worth. Why? Because Nimuaq found a reference to the cure in the files and I used a modicum of logic to deduce that if the team were telling us about an event in July when they don't usually reveal stuff that far in advance there was probably a reason for it.
Did anyone on the Dev team tell me any of that? Hell no. I never know any more than any other player.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tina, I have seen no evidence of anyone being 'in the know' any more than anyone else. Some people go throught the cliloc files, some people make educated guesses.
I hate to burst your bubble, but that is simply not true. And I am speaking from experience.

Even before the patch was announced, people started dumping crimsons for 5-6 mil less than their going price.... why is that? Because they know that once a majority of people know about the patch and that factions are going back to sign up and get a free crimmy prices are going to drop back down. And how did they know?

In closed beta test, the players that are in them will buy up/corner the market in resources/items. Right after the closed beta opened, you couldn't hardly find any of the up coming imbuing materials, even though they were normally pretty cheap. Yes, I was in the closed beta and yes it was something I watched with disappointed amusement.

And yes, EMs are privy to information to things coming up and going on. But, it's the nature of the beast. There are things they have to know about and they are used as sounding boards at times. And most certainly yes EMs have been given information for the intention of being the distribution of it.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

There is no way for them to even remotely track something like that. And yes, people have taken advantage of that information. And that isn't an opinion.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is no way for them to even remotely track something like that. And yes, people have taken advantage of that information. And that isn't an opinion.
Things may happen beyond their control but certainly not intentionally. Instead of taking this off topic, I would suggest that is something to address with Mesanna via email or PM.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As for making the sides equal... why? Players make a choice, you CHOOSE to be red. Players know a head of time what the restrictions that come with that play choice. That was supposed to be part of the reason not to do it. As much as all the enticements they have added to fel to get people to go there. (that being said, i am completely against the double resources in trammel... actually against it in general).
That's my argument..there shouldn't be any restrictions, benefits, or added content to those who choose one playstyle over another such has been the case with faction artifacts and powerscrolls. People who choose to PvP that's there perogative. If I choose not to that's my perogative. I pay the same monthly subscription fee as they do why shouldn't we have equal access to all the content in the game?

FYI: The double resources are in Felucca not Trammel.

And it should be noted that I am a trammy- I rarely pvp and I am completely against the lameness of people who don't honestly participate in factions wearing faction gear.
Explain to me how I'm not participating in factions when I sign up via a faction stone then proceed to Felucca to farm silver? You have to be in factions to farm silver right? So how am I not participating? I signed up, I'm in Felucca, I'm farming silver as a member of factions. Yet that somehow doesn't qualify as participating.:rolleyes:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
*Shaking head*. This Trammel/Felucca :rant2: won't end before they changes it to Felucca shards and Trammel shards. Making Fel and Trammel on same shards must be the biggest mistake in UO:)

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*Shaking head*. This Trammel/Felucca :rant2: won't end before they changes it to Felucca shards and Trammel shards. Making Fel and Trammel on same shards must be the biggest mistake in UO:)
Me thinks not a decision made from the current UO team? ;)

You take what you have and you say how can we make this better. When it doesn't work or sometimes makes it worse you backtrack to the best restart point possible. That's how I look at it anyways :p

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Couldn't agree more Airmid! I love UO through what I consider to be my good and bad part of the game. We all have personal versions of what we think of as that! A game like UO is for me like a marrige you take the good with the bad :D

W

Woodsman

I'll quote myself from two weeks ago:
UO should not be held hostage by a group of players who got their underwear in a wad over a past dev team not being able to fit someting in a publish .

UO needs publicity, not secrecy. There is a reason why other MMORPGs keep their subscribers informed about the future of their games. Secrecy does nothing but hurt UO at this point
No other MMORPG outside of UO does this. None.
It's not a matter of secrecy but a lot of what we see coming up I imagine has to do with the long term story arc.
If the secrecy only concerned the story arc, I could understand it. None of us would have a problem with it.

And AirmidCecht, the below is not targeted towards you, it's how I feel and about the fact that just over a year after I come back I know less about UO's future than I did when I came back and that it seems like we are going backwards.

Everything about UO's future is shrouded in secrecy of some form or another. Everything. That secrecy hurts UO.

The last time I took a break, I left a game where developers communicated about UO's future with the players. Things were rough for the team when I left, because they had a lot going on with Kingdom and with Stygian, but I come back to a game that is held hostage by a group of players who apparently threaten to quit or hold their breathe until they pass out if some item or change that was announced has to be pushed back to a following publish, or a publish is delayed.

I've looked back through Stratics to find where this all happened, and all I've seen is people talking about a bunch of players who scared or scarred the dev team so bad over some changes that didn't meet a deadline or had to be pushed back a publish or two, that the devs are scared to announce anything.

I don't know who this cabal of players is that scared or scarred the devs so bad that the devs are scared of communicating about UO's future, but the hell with those players. They are doing this game a lot of damage and the devs should ignore them.

Thanks to Twitter, I can tell you about the last 5 video games that Jeff Skalski recently played or that he bought some Bioware blue colored shorts at Gap, but I cannot tell you about UO's future, a game that he is responsible for. I know more about things he'd like to see brought back to Diablo 3 than what he'd like to see for UO.

And Jeff wasn't around during the time this cabal of players was traumatizing the UO devs, so I don't know why he has a problem with telling us about UO's future. Jeff's first producer's letters sounded just like Cal's producer letters, only without as many future plans.

Jeff came from managing Warhammer Online. The most pissiest UO player can't hold a candle to how pissy some Warhammer players are. I know, I played Warhammer when it came out. I rode that trainwreck from its launch until it bottomed out a few months later. There was more drama in just the first few months of Warhammer than UO has had in the last few years.

And don't get me started on Mass Effect 3. They make the most pissiest of UO players look like meek little lambs.

I do not understand why some cabal of UO players can hold UO, the UO devs, and UO players hostage and prevent us from hearing about UO's future plans.

I just don't. The secrecy hurts UO. It opens the door for people to start worrying about the future of the game. I felt pretty confident about UO's future a year ago. Cal was talking about things that were going to be good for new players as well as people like me who had come back. A year later, most of those big plans are shelved. Booster and theme packs are gone. The graphics upgrade has been pushed down the list. The quest system upgrade appears to have died. The upgraded new player journey has been killed off.

If it weren't for Grimm letting us know that stuff was happening on the graphics side, I would say UO is on total life support in favor of the other Ultima stuff they are working, because I don't hear anything else about UO outside of some things about changes that make players happy but do nothing to attract outsiders.

I don't need EA to advertise UO, I just want to hear that EA has definite plans for UO beyond some vet gifts and holiday gifts and a storyline. Don't worry about telling me about story stuff, because I want to hear about things that are going to make my shard more populated than it currently is.

W

Woodsman

And this cabal of players who scared or scarred the devs so bad that they refuse to talk about UO's future, you know what?

I bet there are a lot more of us that want to know about UO's future than who get upset and threaten to hold their breath because some change or addition didn't meet a deadline or got pushed back to another publish.

Why can't EA listen to us instead of a small group of players who get pissy if some publish is late or some changes get delayed a few weeks.

How do we make ourselves heard?

What do we have to do to make ourselves heard louder than that pissy little bunch that got their undergarments in a wad over some changes that were delayed a month or two?

Anybody?

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because Nimuaq found a reference to the cure in the files (..)
This is what I usually do after a client patch: I open the folder logs inside the game folder and check the latest log to see the size of the patch in bytes and update uoguide client patch articles accordingly. Then I open the file cliloc.enu inside the game folder using wordpad (or any text editor), search for the text "entering britannia" and scroll up to see the latest text additions. R Traveler also posts these cliloc texts in uhall after each client patch. I then enter to TC1 and start to test the new additions, at the same time checking stratics and two other Japanese fan sites. Few weeks ago and after a client patch, I've seen a long quest description, starting with the text "a plea for help" and posted this in uhall.

I'm currently trying to catch all the rare fish and crustaceans and I've seen infected gargoyles while trying to catch a fairy salmon in Ter Mur and an outline to a new arena on one of the islands while I was trying to catch a golden tuna in Tokuno Islands. But these changes are already on every shard.

The only EM I talk to is EM Emile Layne and only during the events - who is the EM of Europa and his favorite text is "I can't comment on that". Ask him the weather and surely he can't comment on that. I send a pm to the developers full of complaints every two to three weeks but I haven't got any reply to them so far (I think they added me to their ignore lists after the third pm). Since I haven't seen any key detail that I haven't already knew in these boards, I think I must be the player who is taking advantage of that secret advance knowledge for his own profit and gain. I have a total of 9m gold on my characters, a house in zento and a collection of colored fishing nets, zosilem quest rewards and juka bows, so I guess I'm terrible at this :) .

W

Woodsman

You take what you have and you say how can we make this better. When it doesn't work or sometimes makes it worse you backtrack to the best restart point possible. That's how I look at it anyways :p
The way I see it, the Trammel/Felucca argument was settled nearly 12 years ago. People voted with their feet. Nothing can change that.

People still arguing about it now cannot see the trees for the forest, because they don't need to be worried about the low populations in Fel, they need to be worried about the low populations in general.

If the game goes belly-up, there will be no Tram or Fel to argue over.

I've given up on my shard, I've watched too many people leave over the past several months, so I'm migrating to Siege and debating on opening another account. It seems like many people make it to Siege and stick around. I'll give Siege a shot through Septemberish and then decide after that.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I don't know which is the worst conspiracy theory...... the one being half was discussed here now, or that we are descendents of Aliens.......

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And AirmidCecht, the below is not targeted towards you, it's how I feel and about the fact that just over a year after I come back I know less about UO's future than I did when I came back and that it seems like we are going backwards.
I don't take things personal Woodsman and appreciate your take on things. I do however disagree with a few of your opinions. One thing I will say is we had a lot better communication with a dedicated Community Manager and we haven't had that since Chrissay. Mythic has them but none with a UO background and understanding of the long standing history of its playerbase and all spread too thin. I hope to see that improve someday.

In the meantime, it is the players that have kept UO going all these years and a certain amount of kudos should be spread around on that. UO is unique in so many ways. We make UO what it is as it evolves. We have always had a direct influence on the direction and flow.

I also don't mean to imply that certain people are being mean to the devs so they don't come round no more. These are adults, with a job that although it's a game, is a job nonetheless. Few other job descriptions out there come with the add on: also must have flame retardant suit handy when releasing game changing information. It's a given but I will always stand by rule that common decency and respect will be given or please take your leave. We may play games but the majority are adult enough to understand this basic concept. This is not just in being aggressive with each other or the UO team but also in needling them with issues they may not have control over like how much info is shared at a given time. It's just not necessary.

W

Woodsman

I don't take things personal Woodsman and appreciate your take on things. I do however disagree with a few of your opinions. One thing I will say is we had a lot better communication with a dedicated Community Manager and we haven't had that since Chrissay. Mythic has them but none with a UO background and understanding of the long standing history of its playerbase and all spread too thin. I hope to see that improve someday.
When I last left, there was dedicated community people for UO, people who understood UO. At this point, I would just like to hear a 5-minute or 10-minute plan for UO's future from Jeff or Mesanna. I don't want to hear vague stuff either.
In the meantime, it is the players that have kept UO going all these years and a certain amount of kudos should be spread around on that. UO is unique in so many ways. We make UO what it is as it evolves. We have always had a direct influence on the direction and flow.
It is true, MMORPGs with lesser fans are no longer around! MMORPGs that have went through fewer changes than UO have died off because their fans weren't dedicated.
I also don't mean to imply that certain people are being mean to the devs so they don't come round no more. These are adults, with a job that although it's a game, is a job nonetheless. Few other job descriptions out there come with the add on: also must have flame retardant suit handy when releasing game changing information.
I wasn't really specifically talking about you, because I've seen other people claim for a few years now that somebody at EA or Mythic decided they could no longer talk to players about the future because some players got too upset or tried to hold them to things that were announced. I believe that the majority of players want to hear about UO's future. I also think the group that might have gotten upset in the past over missed deadlines is not going to seriously quit because some new clothing or some change to gardening or something was delayed.

Anybody that obsessive/compulsive over missed deadlines or things that were delayed is somebody who is going to stay around UO until its shut down.

It's the videogame industry, so the devs are certainly used to it. Jeff was around Warhammer during its crash and burn and being in Bioware, I'm sure he's watched the Mass Effect fans with their protests.

And if we are going to hold the UO devs to any promises they made in the past, I'd prefer to back to the early '00s when they were wanting to make the game fully 3D :gee:

Z

Zyon Rockler

I did not get to read all of this. I will when i'm done posting but I think that the devs have always done a good job and EA has been good to us but we have to work hard and work smart to get what we want.

Sometimes the devs want something and they can't get it. They try, they ask, they explain and they get turned down, then they produce what they have and everyone turns around and yells at them, then they go back and try to make slight changes to at least make it alittle better.

As players, we know that they could have done it a different way and that they probably didn't have the funding or the time or possibly there was a misunderstanding of what we really wanted.

So, now the guy on here who handles the money might decide, hey, the players are asking for this, let's give it to them but if not enough players get behind them then those changes can go undone for years, stopping complete systems and even redoing entire sections but then that leaves the dev team confused because they're in the middle and they want to know why these crazy people keep asking for the same thing over and over.

What a tangled web we weave and yes, alot of times we know what their next step is because sometimes there is only one solution, other times there are a few solutions, sometimes there's no solutions. So, there's not like there's a brand new thing that's going to happen because everybody is running out of ideas. So, it's kind of easy to predict.

But alot of things they have done, we should be very thankful for. What other game gives you a new dungeon every month? What other game redesigns the graphics every year? Sure there is good and bad but hopefully after this year, we can really start to expand with new ideas but I feel very positive about the dev team and respect them. I've even tried to stay quiet about alot of things because I don't want to trip over something and alot of times if you just wait awhile, you'll see other people start talking about it or the same time you think about it, someone else will say it and it's always so similar. It's kind of scary.

But this whole thing is like music and when you get an out of tune note, everyone can hear it and although it might seem like guess work it's really not. It's really the possibility and I think most of the people that post on here know exactly what to expect.

Bob Schaffer

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
· Faction armor distribution - Faction Armor will now cost silver and we removed faction rank restrictions for wearing faction artifacts
· Faction point system distribution – Points will now be distributed to multiple faction members when participating in killing faction enemies via healing and direct damage.
Wait a minute.....
Didn't you as the Dev team see such a problem with faciton item abuse that you forcefully made a system that made it much harder to obtain?

So instead of saying "your wrong" you have completly swung the other way on the pendulum? Now you can get any rank 10 item with 0 points?
Points were such a problem before that they had to be corrected but now your going to add 3 new ways to cheat points?

You dont see this as basically devaluing overall all artifacts that have a equivalant one in factions when i can join go back to tram and never worry about not losing it?

You need to spend less time coloring monsters adding 2000 hp and calling it a patch.
Since you were the ones who instituted the changes wouldnt it take literrally oh about 15 minutes to change it back from your patch notes? Are we litterally to believe some of these changes take weeks/months? I think you think little of
the community overall and THEIR interaction with computers to understand how little you are actually performing.

These changes will not have the desired result and the communnity rallying behind you, without actually reading what your doing makes this game all the more disappointing.
sheeple

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did not get to read all of this. I will when i'm done posting but I think that the devs have always done a good job and EA has been good to us but we have to work hard and work smart to get what we want.

Sometimes the devs want something and they can't get it. They try, they ask, they explain and they get turned down, then they produce what they have and everyone turns around and yells at them, then they go back and try to make slight changes to at least make it alittle better.

As players, we know that they could have done it a different way and that they probably didn't have the funding or the time or possibly there was a misunderstanding of what we really wanted.

So, now the guy on here who handles the money might decide, hey, the players are asking for this, let's give it to them but if not enough players get behind them then those changes can go undone for years, stopping complete systems and even redoing entire sections but then that leaves the dev team confused because they're in the middle and they want to know why these crazy people keep asking for the same thing over and over.

What a tangled web we weave and yes, alot of times we know what their next step is because sometimes there is only one solution, other times there are a few solutions, sometimes there's no solutions. So, there's not like there's a brand new thing that's going to happen because everybody is running out of ideas. So, it's kind of easy to predict.

But alot of things they have done, we should be very thankful for. What other game gives you a new dungeon every month? What other game redesigns the graphics every year? Sure there is good and bad but hopefully after this year, we can really start to expand with new ideas but I feel very positive about the dev team and respect them. I've even tried to stay quiet about alot of things because I don't want to trip over something and alot of times if you just wait awhile, you'll see other people start talking about it or the same time you think about it, someone else will say it and it's always so similar. It's kind of scary.

But this whole thing is like music and when you get an out of tune note, everyone can hear it and although it might seem like guess work it's really not. It's really the possibility and I think most of the people that post on here know exactly what to expect.
Well said Zyon :)

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know which is the worst conspiracy theory...... the one being half was discussed here now, or that we are descendents of Aliens.......
Conspiracy theories are as laughable as they are ridiculous. Although I prefer alien conspiracies more so, but that's because it's a bigger scale hehe.

S

Sevin0oo0

Wait a minute..... Now you can get any rank 10 item with 0 points?
I think it'll be interesting to hear the Rest of the story. Removed the restriction for wearing, didn't say anything about buying. If you have 0 points, how much will one cost? might be scaled pricing

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
· Faction armor distribution - Faction Armor will now cost silver and we removed faction rank restrictions for wearing faction artifacts
· Faction point system distribution – Points will now be distributed to multiple faction members when participating in killing faction enemies via healing and direct damage.
Sounds exciting, although it seems there may be a different "silver cost" for faction artifacts than there is currently, we shall see.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The difference is the trammelites don't want anything to do with Felucca because of the anti-social and sociopathic behavior that goes on their the majority of the time.
Actually, i'd say that PvPers are more social than PvMers are. You're more likely to run into a group of PKs in Fel, than you are to run into a group of PvMers in Tram. There's a reason why most PvMers run Sampires/Whammies. Because they're the best build for SOLOING high end monsters.

Well, there is a certain kind of gene in humans that hasn't been found in any other life form. I've heard of some pretty funny alien theories. Like the one where aliens came down and mated with chimps to make us. Or the one where aliens mixed their own dna in with that of chimps and pigs during genetic splicing experiments to make humans.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I skipped alot of threads, but...

I say if you can't make factions chaos/order like where they can fight in any facet then make faction players bound to Fel ONLY so that people won't be abusing this new system by joining factions for the free artifacts and never going to fel again.

As for pvpers in fel... I dont know I mean I find nice people in fel and in tram... You can't really say everyone in fel are *******s and rule out trammel. It depends on the player. Some people are naturally big headed and others are really nice even if they do kill you for fun :p

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think maybe we wait and see what actually goes on TC. There could be a wealth of qualification to the 'will now cost silver' that we don't yet know about.
I had a bit of an idea myself which I will post on the faction board for people to think about.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I skipped alot of threads, but...

I say if you can't make factions chaos/order like where they can fight in any facet then make faction players bound to Fel ONLY so that people won't be abusing this new system by joining factions for the free artifacts and never going to fel again.
How are the artifacts free when they cost silver? I stick my neck out and go to Felucca to farm silver and then I buy the artifacts with silver yet somehow they're still free? :rolleyes:

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How are the artifacts free when they cost silver? I stick my neck out and go to Felucca to farm silver and then I buy the artifacts with silver yet somehow they're still free? Gimme a break...:rolleyes:
oh please, you probably do the exact same thing everyone else does, sit naked and stealth while a cu farms deamons for a few hours and you send with a BOS, hardly "sticking your neck out"....and on top of that you flat out said earlier this thread you even go out of your way to do it on a "dead" shard just to be extra safe......

on every shard but siege getting enough silver for a full arty suit only takes about a hour anyways, that's essentially free, you couldnt even farm a single "regular" version of any of the artys in that time, much less the full suit.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How are the artifacts free when they cost silver? I stick my neck out and go to Felucca to farm silver and then I buy the artifacts with silver yet somehow they're still free? :rolleyes:
Stop trolling, please. You know that there is no risk to these actions and you are only adding to the flames.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh please, you probably do the exact same thing everyone else does, sit naked and stealth while a cu farms deamons for a few hours and you send with a BOS, hardly "sticking your neck out"....and on top of that you flat out said earlier this thread you even go out of your way to do it on a "dead" shard just to be extra safe......

on every shard but siege getting enough silver for a full arty suit only takes about a hour anyways, that's essentially free, you couldnt even farm a single "regular" version of any of the artys in that time, much less the full suit.
Stop trolling, please. You know that there is no risk to these actions and you are only adding to the flames.
I think maybe we wait and see what actually goes on TC. There could be a wealth of qualification to the 'will now cost silver' that we don't yet know about.
Please?

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
So I am confused? Are people angry they are keeping us upto date or happy? What do people want?

I am not aiming this at anyone just genuinly curious!

The only thing about Mesanna's post I didn't like which I have expressed to her and Jeff is that it was only posted on stratics and not on the herald. Jeff told me it was supposed to be posted on the herald.

Apart from that I am happy that they are taking the time to keep us updated.

What does everyone else think?