• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sneak Peek

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Happy Friday Everyone,

I wanted to touch base with you guys and let you know what is going on and what you can look forward to in a couple of weeks on TC1. I also want to let you know that early next week we will be putting out a few fixes during a maintenance cycle.

Early next week we will be publishing the following fixes:

· Point decay (city and virtue)
· Siege Perilous Covetous Level 3 spawn

In approx 2 weeks we will be putting the following on TC1, I hope you guys have time to go check out the changes and give us your feedback.

· Faction armor distribution - Faction Armor will now cost silver and we removed faction rank restrictions for wearing faction artifacts
· Faction point system distribution – Points will now be distributed to multiple faction members when participating in killing faction enemies via healing and direct damage.
· Three (3) new ways to gain City loyality.
· A new craftable improved version of the communication crystals.

And last but not least, I know there has been a lot of buzz about the land where Blackthorns castle was, but I can assure you guys it is not a prime location for housing. MINE!!

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We look forward to testing this next week! Thank you for the heads up Mesanna :)

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
· Point decay (city and virtue)
· Siege Perilous Covetous Level 3 spawn

Someones been reading posts on UHall I see...

Tamergirl

Journeyman
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And last but not least, I know there has been a lot of buzz about the land where Blackthorns castle was, but I can assure you guys it is not a prime location for housing. MINE!!
.....puts away house placement tool....walks away muttering.....turns back, looks..there's room for both of us!!

Thank you Mesanna! You Rock!

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are we going back to the days of Trammies wearing Faction Artis?

Buy it with silver once and no further participation in Factions is required?

That is not good at all.

right.

Too little too late with the faction arty stuff. If this was implemented right away it would of been a fine quick fix, but this as a "cool new feature" is kinda dumb.

Everyone who cared about faction gear has either quit or made new suits by now. dumb.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
right.

Too little too late with the faction arty stuff. If this was implemented right away it would of been a fine quick fix, but this as a "cool new feature" is kinda dumb.

Everyone who cared about faction gear has either quit or made new suits by now. dumb.
I haven't done factions myself in quite awhile mainly because the ones who were patient with how bad I sucked no longer play UO. I've missed out on a lot of the faction artifacts discussions but when you said "if it was implemented right away it would have been a fine quick fix," it got me to wondering: is it something that is better than the current system where it may eventually balance things out and lend towards more faction play? I'm sincerely curious because I've been wanting to try out factions on LS again even if it's not an immediate solution but a solution to build on.

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
is it something that is better than the current system where it may eventually balance things out and lend towards more faction play? I'm sincerely curious because I've been wanting to try out factions on LS again even if it's not an immediate solution but a solution to build on.
Whether it gets more people into Factions that are actually going to play in Fel and fight is debatable.

But from the small bit of information we were given what it will definately do is have every Trammy in UO signing up for Factions, either farming or buying silver, then buying their Faction Artis and finally returning to Tram, never to be seen again.

Also it will completely kill whatever value is left in the normal Arti market. You know the Artis that actually require effort and time to get.

PASmountaindew

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

There's no calling dibbs in UO. lol

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
· Three (3) new ways to gain City loyality.
Unless that's only the first half of a sentence that ends "that can be utilized in several new cites, such as Serpent's Hold," I will continue to not participate in that system.

funkymonkey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fix the harrys being spawned in lvl 3 Cove, its a freaking nightmare... I told a GM to feed it back to you.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
right.

A little too negative don't you think? There are still a lot of factioners/ex-factioners who still play who will love this change. A good fix is better late than never is it not? Certainly not deserving of calling them dumb for adding it late.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think, with the faction arties, the devs are in a no-win situation. The way they were intertwined with the points system must have taken quite a bit of work to change, not to mention that it took time to be sure the system wasn't working as intended, and wasn't going to shake out to do so.
so expecting a 'quick fix' is a bit like standing on the outside of a maze and yelling at a person stuck in the middle 'come here immediately'.

Additionally, which ever way they distribute them, or don't distribute them, it's going to make one group or another unhappy.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I think, with the faction arties, the devs are in a no-win situation. The way they were intertwined with the points system must have taken quite a bit of work to change, not to mention that it took time to be sure the system wasn't working as intended, and wasn't going to shake out to do so.
so expecting a 'quick fix' is a bit like standing on the outside of a maze and yelling at a person stuck in the middle 'come here immediately'.

Additionally, which ever way they distribute them, or don't distribute them, it's going to make one group or another unhappy.
I agree. I think this solution is better than all of the alternatives proposed. I look forward to resuiting my faction char which has sat largely unused over the past month.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Whether it gets more people into Factions that are actually going to play in Fel and fight is debatable.

But from the small bit of information we were given what it will definately do is have every Trammy in UO signing up for Factions, either farming or buying silver, then buying their Faction Artis and finally returning to Tram, never to be seen again.

Also it will completely kill whatever value is left in the normal Arti market. You know the Artis that actually require effort and time to get.
Unless they open up faction fighting in Tram. You can still fight against other guilds in Tram when you declare a guild war on them, so why not faction war? I think it'd be great to just be sitting at the Brit or Luna Bank, and see a bunch of people go running by, E-bolting each other and such.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Can you comment on the non-ephemeral arties? Are they still going to drop on level 3 mobs or have they been removed? Maybe you could put the non-ephemeral items as the Void pool rewards. Pretty please? :)

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
just make it so when you go into tram rule set all the faction stuff drops off ya into your pack.

problem solved.

actually thats a little harsh, cause i pvm in tram on some of my faction guys.
but ya know what, im not concerned in the least about trammies wearing faction artys.
at least they have to come farm silver in fel and i can maybe clip them when they do that, haha

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Can you comment on the non-ephemeral arties? Are they still going to drop on level 3 mobs or have they been removed? Maybe you could put the non-ephemeral items as the Void pool rewards. Pretty please? :)
Putting them there might actually make me care about doing the void pool.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the faction armor fix.... I'm one of those that's been BARELY logging in for a few months & knowing that I can at least farm some silver & jump on a faction char for some action WILL get me to log in which will be the carrot I needed to go through reforging with a fine tooth comb & see EXACTLY how it all works etc.. It depends on the silver costs for the equipment of course, but I could perhaps see something like making the equipment ephemeral. It would add another area (champ spawns / yew gate) where your likely to find a faction fight.... (Silver dropping monsters spawn etc...)

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
but I could perhaps see something like making the equipment ephemeral.
I like that idea.

It would still allow factioners to PvP a lot and replace the items easily by buying silver from silver farmers. It would also make the silver farming spots more active which means more patrolled so afk silver farming should be a minor issue and also more fights for the factioners.

And like others have said, make the faction arties drop in backpack when leaving Fel or turn on faction fighting on all facets.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a good level of communication, I hope it becomes a regular thing! Only one thing would make it better, being posted on the Herald for all to see.

Ashlynn_L

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who uses communication crystals?
They are rarely used but she said improved communication crystals. They might see more use depending on what the improvements are.

I have always liked them though. I remember visiting Yamato (I think) and I came across this "radio station" with a Sender Crystal (it was a repurposed house in Britain) and the crystal was linked to over a thousand other crystals. With a little imagination you can do all kinds of things.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well I will be the first to admit that I never saw any faction fix coming. I might agree that it is to little to late but we might see those that couldn't bother with remaking suits to come back. If you see it on smaller shards its a success if not the first move was a mistake and I don't know what you can do to fix it.

If you really want to do something postive with factions figure out some way of moving the faction fighting to tram.

I truelly hope this fix works but I worry its to late for 60% of the shards.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards

Could you imagine the gold sink it would be if they applied Nabin's concept to that area?

Housing gold sink?
Put a single Malas Castle that is grandfathered on each shard up for a house lottery and watch the gold roll in.
Not sure which would be a better sink, but my money would be on Blackthorn's area bringing in more. :D Can't wait to see what she does with the place, I await the unveil.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
That would be great!

Frankly I am down for whatever Mesanna and the Dev's have in mind.

Did She say Think Mine? *off to get my miner ready*

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Absolutely Awesome on the Faction Artifacts! Nice to see EVERYONE finally be able to enjoy the faction artifacts!:thumbup:

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That would be great!

Frankly I am down for whatever Mesanna and the Dev's have in mind.

Did She say Think Mine? *off to get my miner ready*
Did she say Mining is going to be useful for Housing? Are we going to be able to dig our own basements if we have GM Mining?

Yay!

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Absolutely Awesome on the Faction Artifacts! Nice to see EVERYONE finally be able to enjoy the faction artifacts!:thumbup:
By "Everyone" do you mean people who aren't even interested in Factions or Fel in general? Cause if so that's lame and they might as well just add a "Claim Artis" option like TC and get it over with.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
She said "MINE"... I think she was claiming it. LOL Queen Mesanna's Island!
lol

Hmmm... you sure? I think she was advertising it would have a basement and you needed to mine for it....

*joins Nabin in getting miner* - may the fastest digger win :D

S

Sevin0oo0

Only one thing would make it better, being posted on the Herald for all to see.
I prefer Fan-sites to get Early or Exclusive info now and then, increasing the value of such sites, with regulars being rewarded, in a way, for their loyalty and dedication.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I prefer Fan-sites to get Early or Exclusive info now and then, increasing the value of such sites, with regulars being rewarded, in a way, for their loyalty and dedication.
That would be acceptable if Stratics wasn't the only site to get such early/exclusive info. Before someone mentions UOFourms, they haven't seen a "Dev" post since 5/9...

However, the real issue here is that this is information which impacts the whole UO community, not just the small subset who read Stratics. Posting it on the Herald ensures it is available to the whole community, not to mention making the Herald look active and potenially generating positive PR.

King_Fisher

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Basement mining, theres your goldsink/storage upgrade. Mine your basement 1 tile = XX(or XXX)mil to a maximum of plot size. Or make it only 1mil/per tile but due to unforseen circumstances the area you dug collapsed and therefore must be mined again. Have it with a success/fail rate. With every square giving you 2 extra storge. so Castle Maximum would be 2048 extra storage spots, 18x18 would be 648. A fully upgraded Castle basement would be just over 1 BILLION dollars to mine. Thats only if you succeeded 100% of the time. RNG ftw Muahahahhaha!!!

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
She said "MINE"... I think she was claiming it. LOL Queen Mesanna's Island!
Well I didn't take it that way.

That being said. I was on the wrong side with Lord Gareth in a certain war. His remains are now a rares item. I seemed to escape in tack. I would suggest if she wants her own Castle let her have it.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Basement mining, theres your goldsink/storage upgrade. Mine your basement 1 tile = XX(or XXX)mil to a maximum of plot size. Or make it only 1mil/per tile but due to unforseen circumstances the area you dug collapsed and therefore must be mined again. Have it with a success/fail rate. With every square giving you 2 extra storge. so Castle Maximum would be 2048 extra storage spots, 18x18 would be 648. A fully upgraded Castle basement would be just over 1 BILLION dollars to mine. Thats only if you succeeded 100% of the time. RNG ftw Muahahahhaha!!!
I would hands down pay for extra storage like that. not to mention the fun in the basement I well the alcolytes could have

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is great, do I put my trammies in factions and buy all the uber arties for them or do I sell all the silver I have collected (for deco) over the years. Wounders what silver will be worth. LOL

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Give me your silver and I will figure it out and let you know either way! :)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
That would be acceptable if Stratics wasn't the only site to get such early/exclusive info. Before someone mentions UOFourms, they haven't seen a "Dev" post since 5/9...

However, the real issue here is that this is information which impacts the whole UO community, not just the small subset who read Stratics. Posting it on the Herald ensures it is available to the whole community, not to mention making the Herald look active and potenially generating positive PR.
The UO communtity as a whole complains about X. When they do so inevitably some/most come here to talk about how goofed X is. The Dev Team sees it, adresses it, realays the info back to the ones they saw complaining about it... who then head in game and tells friend of their and so on and so on. At least the communication is getting better from the team {as Jeff said it would}. Sorry, but it just seems to me nothing they do is good enough these days.

Keep up the good work guys/gals .... ALOT of us really appreciate it :cheerleader: but it ain't blind! ;)