• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sadok's Sampire Template

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A lot of possibilities as far as what approach you want to take now a days. With the new loot, and trying different set ups of skills such as mystic or spell weaving into your warrior temp this makes things a lot more interesting. I mean as far as what you might be able to accomplish, and how to fit everything in to your temp, and what gear to wear. Then we have a new expansion coming down the road and who knows what will come from that.

For me its not so much whats the best possible set up of gear and skills as much as trying out different set ups on various mobs. Makes the game more challenging and enjoyable which keeps me from being bored and not playing. So keep it up as far as your ideas and opinions we not all agree on everything but that's what creates new ideas.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since you use leaching to heal your ability to tank depends on your damage output. And against some monsters with Feint your ability to tank is less than without it.
Yes but you don't lose leaching altogether. Again, some monsters.... We've already been through all these points @CorwinXX you're just repeating over what you already pointed out. Thank you for contributing.

Pretty much just going to answer questions that anyone has for here on out.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You still have AI to go with Feint. In an unrefined suit I'd rather have access to both if I'm fighting something that hits like a tank, like Stygian Dragon.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was going to stay out of this on, but finally felt compelled to respond...

Feint is not so good as it looks on the first glance.

1. You need 120 Bushido for 50% reduction
2. The effect lasts too short
3. You must hit to activate it
4. Feint weapon does low damage
5. Feint reduce damage from one monster only

#1 restricts templates that could use it
#2,3 make it much less effective against some monsters
Feint is that good.
1. Just for my own curiosity, where do you get that you need 120 for 50%.
2. 4 to 5 seconds isn't too short and really is just about prefect for what it is. And when combined with/used in tandem with Evasion, that is some serious damage mitigation.
3. Yes, most weapon special moves you have to hit to activate them, not seeing where this is an issue.
4. Low as compared to what? Leafblade is 11-15. It is a base 2.75 weapon speed and comes with two of the better special moves there are.
5. This is completely and totally false. Regardless of what the description says, it reduces the damage from all attacks. Melee, archery, spell, breath weapon, ect....

There are too common technics of using it - keep it always on and activate it on low hp.
1. To keep it always on you must use it every third swing. This dramatically reduce your damage output especially when the monster has high (physical) resistance.
For example, with a leafblade you do 150+150+30, while with a bladestaff you do 180+180+180. So with a blade staff you take 2x more damage but you do 65% more damage and leach back 65% more life and mana.
And when a monster has high wrestling or some blocking then situation becomes much worse. For example, if you hit 2/3 of swings with a leafblade you do 150+30, while with a bladestaff you do 180+180. So though you take 2x less damage you also do 2x less damage and leach 2x less life... and you leach 2x less mana that may be not enough to chain specials.
2. To activate it on low hp you must hit. But when you just got large damage you usually have low stamina and this delay your swing. You also may miss or your swing may be blocked. You may have not enough mana at the moment. And so on. This way is better because you does more damage but it is more risky.
I am going to guess you don't use it, because you are mostly wrong there as well. It's main use for me is when I know the big special attack is coming from my opponent. If you listen to the sounds (the most obvious is Rikktor) you know when the special attack is coming, so you pop it off to help block that. Also, it wouldn't be every 3rd or 4th swing. There is also evasion to add in there. And hitting just 66% of the time... against who? Neria maybe?

There aren't many (any?) weapon specials that don't require you hitting to activate them.

Reading yours and other peoples responses makes me realize that y'all do no play them. My main sampire is a fencing sampire. I use Leafblades and Kamas. Yes, I have solo'ed every Mondain's Legacy peerless (including the Minotaur), I've solo'ed rend.

So when a monster have high wrestling or blocking feint became much less effective. Also when you don't have max damage bonus (for example, haven't slayer for the monster) and do less damage you may leach not enough mana to chain specials.
And if you use Feint you can't use HLL on your weapon to heal. You can't have both HLL and HML on a leafblade. If you go with 90 HML then you can only have 60 HML - not enough for Feint.
Since when can't you have HLL and HML on the same leafblade? Every weapon doesn't have to be 100 HLL or 90 HLL to be good or even effective.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
1. Just for my own curiosity, where do you get that you need 120 for 50%.
I know because I have tried it myself with various characters.

3. Yes, most weapon special moves you have to hit to activate them, not seeing where this is an issue.
For Feint it means you often can't activate it when you need it hard.

4. Low as compared to what? Leafblade is 11-15.
Compared to good AI weapon. With all bonuses leafblade does the same damage as a bladed staff without anatomy. So using a leafblade sounds like wasting 120 skill points.

It's main use for me is when I know the big special attack is coming from my opponent.
Well may be it just me so bad but most of time I don't know in advance about high damage attack coming from my opponent.

Reading yours and other peoples responses makes me realize that y'all do no play them.
Using my fencing sampire I solo'ed Shimmering Effusion, Slasher and Stygian. Although last two killed me few times during the battle.

Since when can't you have HLL and HML on the same leafblade?
You can't have 90 HLL and 90 HML on a leafblade. 60 HLL is too low to heal you and if you go with 60 HML you don't leach enough mana.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
5. This is completely and totally false. Regardless of what the description says, it reduces the damage from all attacks. Melee, archery, spell, breath weapon, ect....
I have just tested it.
GD breath does me 40 damage.
When I use feint against a wyvern and I'm under feint effect GD breath still does me 40 damage.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I question why you would ever be using feint against a wyvern while fighting a greater dragon anyway.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can't have 90 HLL and 90 HML on a leafblade. 60 HLL is too low to heal you and if you go with 60 HML you don't leach enough mana.
That is a matter of opinion and I disagree with you. Not the numbers, but that you don't leach enough. I rarely die on my Fencing sampire, and when I do, 95% of the time it is because of mana vampire.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Make a thief and steal them out of the gold chests in various shops in fellucia, I acquired a few hundred that way. If your after specific ones bounce around the differant shops till you find ones which are usefull. Or empty out the chests so they respawn new ones. Faster then treasure hunting and fishing, I may go back and hunt for some more to make a new suit, after reading some info here.
How much Stealing is needed?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
That is a matter of opinion and I disagree with you. Not the numbers, but that you don't leach enough. I rarely die on my Fencing sampire, and when I do, 95% of the time it is because of mana vampire.
As a sampire you needn't HLL. But if you try a char without necro you find a leafblade is difficult to use.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
There needs to be no discussion on Feint. It works, it's fantastic, and has enabled some of the best solos out there. Not all but some.
I believe it's worth to know Feint drawbacks before spending time and gold for building a char around it.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
p.s. Forgot to say numbers for case someone is interesting: with 80 bushido you get 33% damage reduction.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I believe it's worth to know Feint drawbacks before spending time and gold for building a char around it.
Its used primarily on hard hitting targets which you usually only fight one of at a time so its hardly a drawback.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Its used primarily on hard hitting targets which you usually only fight one of at a time so its hardly a drawback.
Often a boss summon minions and you need kill them first.
And sometimes you fight two strong monsters at the same time. For example, my swordsman fought two GD without much problem just leaching back all damage. My fencer sampire couldn't leach back all damage in such situation and couldn't keep both GD feinted.
The fencer with AI did the same damage like the swordsman without any specials. While the fencer accurately progressed through Destard the swordsman just rushed killing all using WW. By the way I posted on this forum about that situation.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All the peerless and SA bosses don't really summon anything. Shimmering does but I'd much rather use a leafblade there than anything else.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Often a boss summon minions and you need kill them first.
And sometimes you fight two strong monsters at the same time. For example, my swordsman fought two GD without much problem just leaching back all damage. My fencer sampire couldn't leach back all damage in such situation and couldn't keep both GD feinted.
The fencer with AI did the same damage like the swordsman without any specials. While the fencer accurately progressed through Destard the swordsman just rushed killing all using WW. By the way I posted on this forum about that situation.
Often? Ummmm no.

I stand at the alter on a Rikktor spawn in both Tram and Fel when the spawn levels up surrounded by dragons (including paragons) and live. It's those kind of statements that you keep making that I have the biggest issue with. You keep saying a fencing sampire cannot leach enough, how they can't do this or that and yet, they can. I do it.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I stand at the alter on a Rikktor spawn in both Tram and Fel when the spawn levels up surrounded by dragons (including paragons) and live.
did you use feint at that moment?

It's those kind of statements that you keep making that I have the biggest issue with.
I posted a list of feint drawbacks. And you commented it like "where do you get it", "totally false", etc. But tests show that I was right.

You keep saying a fencing sampire cannot leach enough, how they can't do this or that and yet, they can. I do it.
I never said that he cannot. He definitely can. For example, when he fight rabbits he does leach enough.
I said that in some situations he cannot leach enough. Do you disagree? Do you say that fencing sampire leach enough in any situation?

I stand at the alter on a Rikktor spawn in both Tram and Fel when the spawn levels up surrounded by dragons (including paragons) and live.
There is a difference between dragons and GD. I posted about situation where there are two GD close to you.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
It would be if the drawbacks you have listed pertained to Feint, but they don't, they are drawbacks of being in x situation at all. Feint itself is sound and does what it is supposed to do. There is no trade off in using it to not using it. It's not like Resisting Spells where there's a downside to having it vs not having it (skill points useage vs curse/poison)

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
It would be if the drawbacks you have listed pertained to Feint, but they don't, they are drawbacks of being in x situation at all. Feint itself is sound and does what it is supposed to do. There is no trade off in using it to not using it. It's not like Resisting Spells where there's a downside to having it vs not having it (skill points useage vs curse/poison)
Those are drawback of Feint because they are dramatically reduce the list of monsters against feint is effective to just few positions.

#1 I can't use leafblade + shield without bushido (if I don't waster 120 skill points on ninjutsu), I must waste 40 points for 120 bushido even when I need 80 bushido only
#2 I run out of mana against tough monsters (and against easy monsters I usually just needn't damage reduction)
#3 Due to unlucky miss I am not able to activate in time and take that 80+ damage (exactly what I was trying to avoid by feint)
#4 I can't have 90+90 leaches so I must use necro to leach
#5 I can't use it vs crowd

Just imagine how much more useful it would be if:
1. you needn't bushido to use it
2. it last 10 seconds
3. you activate it even if you miss
4. there is 3.00-3.25 2H weapon with feint (you could go with 75-81HLL/HML and don't waste 100 points on necro)... and don't regret about killing monster so slow
5. you could easily ww almost any crowd, etc

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Here is, for example, a list of peerless

Mondain's Legacy
Stygian Abyss
Feint
can't help you against Stygian because one unlucky miss and you are dead
can't help you against Medusa because it spawn monsters
don't know about Grizzly
can't help you against Travesty because you don't want to have necro where you are fighting it
pretty useless against Dread Horn and Parox because with DS you kill it 2x faster and you can do well without damage reduction

So what we have as a probably candidates: are Shimmering and Meli

Add here that Feint is useless on spawns...
and so on

remove any 3 of 5 drawbacks above and it become very useful

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's helped me plenty against both Stygian and Medusa, but okay. I tend to leech plenty of mana with a leafblade too, and that's with mana leech imbued on it, not reforged, and with 25 SSI.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Those are drawback of Feint because they are dramatically reduce the list of monsters against feint is effective to just few positions.

#1 I can't use leafblade + shield without bushido (if I don't waster 120 skill points on ninjutsu), I must waste 40 points for 120 bushido even when I need 80 bushido only
#2 I run out of mana against tough monsters (and against easy monsters I usually just needn't damage reduction)
#3 Due to unlucky miss I am not able to activate in time and take that 80+ damage (exactly what I was trying to avoid by feint)

Just imagine how much more useful it would be if:
1. you needn't bushido to use it
2. it last 10 seconds
3. you activate it even if you miss
4. there is 3.00-3.25 2H weapon with feint (you could go with 75-81HLL/HML and don't waste 100 points on necro)... and don't regret about killing monster so slow
5. you could easily ww almost any crowd, etc
Rubbish!

Feint does the same thing on all monsters in game.

You need 120 Bushido, so? Most templates that are soloing anything have Bushido anyway, because Lightning Strike is high damage, and because Bushido is highly defensive when paired with Parry. This is not a drawback of Feint.

It lasts too short, no it doesn't, it lasts plenty long enough to recover if you know when and how to use it effectively.

You must hit to activate it. Again not a drawback specific to Feint, you can say the same thing of most specials.

Feint weapon does low damage... that isn't a drawback of Feint either. It might be a drawback of the rest of the setup/template/gear/weapon type.

Feint reduces damage from one monster only... so, most specials are single target, again not a drawback specific to Feint.

You can swap weapons depending on the situation. Saying a drawback of Feint is that you can't Whirlwind is ridiculous. If you had 5 monsters on you why the hell would you be trying to Feint? You'd be Whirlwinding, or using Momentum Strike, Evading, chugging pots or hauling ass. Not standing there going "oh Feint is crap because I stood here and got ganked."

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
can't help you against Stygian because one unlucky miss and you are dead
can't help you against Medusa because it spawn monsters
don't know about Grizzly
can't help you against Travesty because you don't want to have necro where you are fighting it
pretty useless against Dread Horn and Parox because with DS you kill it 2x faster and you can do well without damage reduction

So what we have as a probably candidates: are Shimmering and Meli

Add here that Feint is useless on spawns...
and so on

remove any 3 of 5 drawbacks above and it become very useful
Again, rubbish.

Feint helps against all of these because it's sole purpose is to half damage from that target.
Stygian doesn't 1 hit kill, if you miss Feint then move and joust until it lands, it's not complicated.
Kill Medusa's spawn first, or use Momentum Strike.
Grizzle was first solo'd using a freaking Wind's Edge, probably the lowest damage Feint weapon there is.
You don't need Necro to kill Travesty, so Feint still does what it's there for.
Feint is still useful on Dreadhorn and Paroxysmus'. Just because there are quicker ways is not the point. Feint works.

Shimmering and Mel also good idea to use Feint.

It's not useless on spawns.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I tend to leech plenty of mana with a leafblade too, and that's with mana leech imbued on it, not reforged, and with 25 SSI.
50 HML is max imbuable for a leafblade with 25 SSI
100 HML leaches 0-40% damage per hit, 50 HML leaches 0-20% = 10% at average

I believe plenty mana means "enough for AI plus some more for next feint". You need 300 damage per hit to leach 30 mana.
Provided you maxed all damage bonuses... you can do about 150 damage per hit.
Learn me this trick please so I always have mana for feint.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Feint is still useful on Dreadhorn and Paroxysmus'. Just because there are quicker ways is not the point. Feint works.
It seems because I'm not native English... but I can't understand you here.
You say having bad weapon helps kill Dreadhorn, don't you? I can kill Dread Horn using plain GM crafted axe... so using such axe (with on mode - 40DI - only) helps me kill Dreadhorn. Just because there are quicker ways is not the point. Plain axe works.
So it takes 5-6 minutes to kill Dread Horn without Feint. With Feint it takes 10-15 minutes. So Feint helps a lot. Well, now I see.

You don't need Necro to kill Travesty, so Feint still does what it's there for.
Ouch! Sounds wonderful. I wanna see it. Could you kill Travesty using Feint and record a video? I'm curious how it could help in this battle. And how long time it will take.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You do realize Feint isn't an every swing special, right?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Well, you may count all of this as advantages of Feint:
I can do nothing here. I just want to say that game has changed a lot when Imbuing was introduced. You needn't more running around in a crappy suit. So most of time you can do better without feint. (and leafblade base damage was reduced)

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So now you're just going to ignore that it has Armor Ignore as a special? What's your goal here?

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
It seems because I'm not native English... but I can't understand you here.
You say having bad weapon helps kill Dreadhorn, don't you? I can kill Dread Horn using plain GM crafted axe... so using such axe (with on mode - 40DI - only) helps me kill Dreadhorn. Just because there are quicker ways is not the point. Plain axe works.
So it takes 5-6 minutes to kill Dread Horn without Feint. With Feint it takes 10-15 minutes. So Feint helps a lot. Well, now I see.

Ouch! Sounds wonderful. I wanna see it. Could you kill Travesty using Feint and record a video? I'm curious how it could help in this battle. And how long time it will take.
I didn't say having a bad weapon helps kill DH, I said using Feint does, as it does on everything else in game. You're not a native English speaker, ok well let me put this as plainly as it can be. No part of the original post said "Feint allows you to kill things the quickest." What is being said is that taking less damage is an advantage. Are you saying that it isn't? Explain why taking 1/2 damage is a disadvantage. It doesn't matter how long something takes, being able to do it is the point, Feint increases the odds of doing that.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I didn't say having a bad weapon helps kill DH, I said using Feint does, as it does on everything else in game. You're not a native English speaker, ok well let me put this as plainly as it can be. No part of the original post said "Feint allows you to kill things the quickest." What is being said is that taking less damage is an advantage. Are you saying that it isn't? Explain why taking 1/2 damage is a disadvantage. It doesn't matter how long something takes, being able to do it is the point, Feint increases the odds of doing that.
Thank you, now your point is more clear for me.

1. Taking less damage is not always an advantage. For example, when you fight against weak monsters it does not matter at all how much damage you take. So in such cases "free" Feint would be neutral. But when you replace a good weapon with a bad one just because that the second has Feint it becomes a drawback.

2. Also every time when you use feint when you really needn't it means you don't use AI/DS on this swing. So you do less damage and using feint become detrimental. And this detriment become even worse if because of low damage you haven't leached enough mana for next AI.

3. When you haven't chance to die Feint doesn't increase you odds to win the battle. When you have chance to die this chance increases if you fight longer. So Feint may decreases your odds to win the battle (and may not - it depends on situation).
For example, when you fight Slasher you may die from freeze+shower. Feint doesn't help you when you are frozen so it doesn't improve your odds. But if you use feint you make the fight longer, giving to Slasher more possibilities to kill you. So Feint in this case decreases your odds to win.
Dread Horn does large damage. But if you leach a lot of life with a Double Axe your odds (to not die) are close to 100%. If you use a Leafblade you leach much less life and your odds are not so good. Well, while you are keeping feint bonus on and getting 2x less damage your odds are still close to 100%. But if you didn't apply feint in time (unlucky miss or mana drain or bad roll with manaleaching on previous hit) your odds go down notably. This means Feint decreases your odds against Dread Horn.

4. AI also is disadvantage when DS does more damage. But you can easily switch from Bladed Staff to Double Axe. Unfortunately you can't switch from Leafblade to a weapon with DS (the only DS weapon has 2.25 speed). And this is another drawback of using Feint.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
So now you're just going to ignore that it has Armor Ignore as a special? What's your goal here?
I don't understand you but I will try.

Leafblade has AI but with 50 HML you don't leach enough mana to chain AI (you leach 15 at good conditions but you need 25+ with 40 LMC). And every time when you use Feint you loose even more mana and renew 3 sec counter.
Have I answered your question?

p.s. Doesn't it obvious for you that when I write "you do 150 damage per hit with leafblade" I mean that you use AI, does it?

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
p.s. Doesn't it obvious for you that when I write "you do 150 damage per hit with leafblade" I mean that you use AI, does it?
go back and read what you wrote, you said 20-50 damage.

Also, most sampires I know are using more than 40 LMC.

Finally, just because you don't agree with it doesn't make it wrong.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
go back and read what you wrote, you said 20-50 damage.
Tell me please what is the sense in this your replica other than to say something opposite? Why are you cutting words from the context? Did you read the whole message you quoted? Did you connect with with previous replicas? Or at least did you notice that it was a question? Well just have a look once more:
"But are you going to do plain 20-50 damage hits (without any special or some crappy LS) between feints?"

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Thank you, now your point is more clear for me.

1-4
1. Taking less damage IS always an advantage. Fighting something that does not require it because it is weak already is not a drawback of Feint.
2. Using it when you don't need to is not a drawback of Feint. It's just the player being stupid. But even a stupid player would take 1/2 damage so Feint is now advantageous.
3. You always have a chance to die because you can lose connection or the server can go down or whatever else. But aside from pointlessly discussing every possible situation the fact remains that using Feint to half the damage you are taking will increase your likelihood of winning the fight by the mere act of less risk of death. The argument 'when you fight x you may die from y' is invalid, because... you may not too. There are endless other variables that counter your arguments because the strain of your argument is absurd, you MAY also land Feint just as the rocks fall and survive them because of it, you MAY also Counter Attack with it while frozen, you MAY be playing a template that isn't reliant on leeching while using Feint. This line of argument is pointless.
4. You can switch to a weapon with Double Strike from a Leafblade. There are weapons with Double Strike that do not have 2.25 speed, but even if there weren't this has nothing to do with anything. It is not a drawback of Feint.

Feint does not under any circumstances under it's own functionality decrease your odds of winning. It can however increase them.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
You're both missing the obvious.

This is an all around tanking template. You drop fencing, you lose Feint/AI weapon. This template is built for as much damage mitigation as possible and the only thing the last two posts are relative to is doing more damage.

If you want to do more damage and take more damage, there are other templates. This game has almost endless possibilities for templates; this is one of them.

EDIT: Also, Feint lasts 6 seconds. You swing at 1.25 so every 5th swing needs to be feint in order to keep it up.
The last discussion is not about your template, it is about the list of feint drawbacks that I posted.

As to your template I only disagree that it is the best tanking template. But I agree that it is the best fencing template. I myself spent a lot of time trying to build a char around Feint. I tried various templates including wraith, paladin, classic warrior with healing and so on. And as to me the best of them was Sampire. And if you have a look on my Sampire template you see that it is exactly the same as your except I have slightly less tactics and slightly more chivalry. I spent so much efforts on it that I was disappointed by result (compared with other - no feint - templates).

p.s. I agree it lasts 6 seconds, but as too me every 5th sweeng is pretty risky because you can mis or run out of mana when you need to apply feint.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
1. Taking less damage IS always an advantage.
If your aim in the game is to take less damage then yes. But if your aim in the game is to kill monsters and not to die then obviously it is not. Because in this case it just a possible way to your aim and not always the best way. Just ask yourself what do you prefer 1) take 20k damage from Slasher (during the whole fight) and don't die or 2) take 2x less damage but die 3 times. As too you seems taking 2x less damage is better.

3. You always have a chance to die because you can lose connection or the server can go down or whatever else. But aside from pointlessly discussing every possible situation the fact remains that using Feint to half the damage you are taking will increase your likelihood of winning the fight by the mere act of less risk of death.
It is just words. Can you confirm this by real example from your practice? Compare any feint template with Bushido Paladin/Classic Paladin/other modern templates.

2. ...
4. ...
Feint does not under any circumstances under it's own functionality decrease your odds of winning. It can however increase them.
There is no sense to speak about Feint in vacuum. We are speaking about Feint in current circumstances. Put Feint on a Blade Staff instead of Dismounting and Feint becomes much much better.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Generally if you're taking less damage it's much harder to die....

Just drop SSI from the leafblade, reforge life leech and imbue as much mana as possible. Or keep necro, reforge mana leech. Done. Enjoy endless AIs AND the ability to use feint and take half damage.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
If your aim in the game is to take less damage then yes. But if your aim in the game is to kill monsters and not to die then obviously it is not. Because in this case it just a possible way to your aim and not always the best way. Just ask yourself what do you prefer 1) take 20k damage from Slasher (during the whole fight) and don't die or 2) take 2x less damage but die 3 times. As too you seems taking 2x less damage is better.

It is just words. Can you confirm this by real example from your practice? Compare any feint template with Bushido Paladin/Classic Paladin/other modern templates.

There is no sense to speak about Feint in vacuum. We are speaking about Feint in current circumstances. Put Feint on a Blade Staff instead of Dismounting and Feint becomes much much better.
So you're not dead taking normal damage, but taking half damage you suddenly die 3x? How do you reach that conclusion.

Yes I can confirm that Feint halves damage. Comparing it to other templates is irrelevant, especially considering they can use Feint. If you are taking half as much damage you are less likely to die.

How is speaking about Feint on a Bladed Staff current circumstances, you're talking absoloute rubbish, it's completely irrelevant because it is not possible. What IS possible is using Feint to talk half damage and win encounters.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
So you're not dead taking normal damage, but taking half damage you suddenly die 3x? How do you reach that conclusion.
I have already written you some real examples.
When you sacrifice other parameters to get feint you should expect that other char (with better damage/healing/skills) may do better.
Also you are not able to keep feint on 100% of time against tough monsters.
"Free" damage reduction is an advantage. But when you pay for damage reduction it may be advantage or disadvantage depending on how much you paid for it.

Well, I will try to give you some very easy example. John and Mary are on the way to their places. John are runing 2x faster. Who gets to his/she place first?
It depends on distances to their places.

Yes I can confirm that Feint halves damage. Comparing it to other templates is irrelevant, especially considering they can use Feint. If you are taking half as much damage you are less likely to die.
I have already heard that Feint halves damage. You needn't confirm it.
You say contrary to yourself. Firstly you say that a char with feint survive better than other char. And then you say you can't compare different templates. How have you get that the first is better? Just by looking on one number (damage reduction)?
Give me examples from your practice. Something like "on those monsters this template survive better than that one".
I used templates with Feint a lot. Have you ever used any good template without Feint?

How is speaking about Feint on a Bladed Staff current circumstances, you're talking absoloute rubbish, it's completely irrelevant because it is not possible. What IS possible is using Feint to talk half damage and win encounters.
You say contrary to yourself again. Firstly you said that low leafblade damage is irrelevant to feint.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Also generally if you're able to heal more damage it's much harder to die...

Just drop SSI from the leafblade, reforge life leech and imbue as much mana as possible. Or keep necro, reforge mana leech. Done. Enjoy endless AIs AND the ability to use feint and take half damage.
Yes. I tried both variants in the past. And I got the conclusion that without reforged HML (or Wraith form) you can't leach enough mana.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Also Feint doesn't guarantee that you get 2x less damage. Here are a lot of examples when you are just not able to keep it on 100% of time... and in some examples even 50% of time (blackthorn macer).

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And against blackthorn macers you don't hit any more often with anything else. Point?

Nobody is saying to use it against every goddamn monster in the game, jesus

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is clear to me that even though he has been shown that he is wrong, Corwin refuses to acknowledge it because it wasn't his conclusion. because his template is the best and obviously the only way to play the game.

I am bowing out because this conversation is now just going in a circle and will just say, he's flat out wrong.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
And against blackthorn macers you don't hit any more often with anything else. Point?

Nobody is saying to use it against every goddamn monster in the game, jesus
Lord GOD (GOD) states that Feint is always advantage and a character with Feint always survive better. As to my English "always" means that against blackthorn macer too. So?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
It is clear to me that even though he has been shown that he is wrong, Corwin refuses to acknowledge it because it wasn't his conclusion.
I believe you must replace "Corwin" by your own name here.

I see. You have already written it:
5. This is completely and totally false.
Need I post again my ongame test results?

On the next post your wrote about my words "60 HML
That is a matter of opinion and I disagree with you. Not the numbers, but that you don't leach enough.
Need I post again simple math that shows you is not able chain AI with 60 HML?

When I say that Feint doesn't help much against two GD, you say
Need I post again about the difference between dragons and GD? And I doubt you used feint at all when was "surrounded by dragons".

Then you took my question and tried to argue against counting it as a statement.
go back and read what you wrote, you said 20-50 damage..
Where is your answer to my comment?

Even in your last post you are wrong again:
because his template is the best and obviously the only way to play the game.
I'm sorry I show you that you are wrong again but... templates I named was Classic Paladin and Bushido Paladin. Need I tell you who posted them before me?

Last edited: