• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning vet, got PvP?

iamSnippa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The enhanced client is actually really nice for dexer PvP.

The movement is superb. When you run into something that would otherwise block you, it slingshots you around the item automatically.

Also, items like grave stones in the classic client don't even show up to block you in the enhanced client.

Enhanced client is just a pain in the ass to set up, especially if you have a ton of characters. The last time I tried to PvP in EC it was with a dexer/tamer and it took me forever.

The EC is perfect for you for PvP if you meet the following requirements:

1.) Don't have to use a last target macro (shurikens, all kill, etc, etc)
2.) Don't have to cast spells (chiv, mage, necro, myst, anything)
3.) You have a good enough computer to run the client
4.) You play by yourself, or play with others that either also use the EC or otherwise don't need to be in automap
What's wrong with the last target macro? I've been using it while farming monsters and it works almost exactly like the UOA last target macro only better.

Whats wrong with casting spells? If you set up the macro properly (set it to target: cursor rather than target: current) it works just like the CC.

As far as the computer goes.... yeah, you need something MORE than capable of running a game like WoW, CoD, or any other graphic intensive game @ 60fps.

Forgot about that lacking feature of the atlas, yeah, that can be a bit of a problem when working with groups larger than 10 people, however when in a party, all party members will be shown on your map.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last target is glitchy and unresponsive, and casting is horrible. Unless something has changed drastically since I used it last which was about 4 months ago.

iamSnippa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure if there was a change in the past 4 months, but as you probably know, I started playing again about 3 months ago, and this entire time I haven't had any issues with either targeting or spell casting.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless you PvP, you wouldn't notice the casting problems. you can cast more quickly in CC.

iamSnippa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll take your word for it, since I don't plan on doing any pvp in ec until the issues i have are fixed. ...Seriously nothing like running through *MY neighborhood* and lagging up when running past houses in the EC. Hop in the CC and those issues are not there... my choice for pvp is obvious. lol

Aeramus

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like I will download the CC. So is TDR no more? You still in a guild with EDA Lynk? I assume you guys are playing mostly on great lakes or atl?

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Last target is glitchy and unresponsive, and casting is horrible. Unless something has changed drastically since I used it last which was about 4 months ago.
Last target works, its just the mouse wheel thats glitchy (if you roll the mouse one click, it works great, but all of us actually "roll" the mouse, where it would trigger a "click" 2-4 times, causing u to be basically spamming last target. The EC doesn't like macro spam lol

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Looks like I will download the CC. So is TDR no more? You still in a guild with EDA Lynk? I assume you guys are playing mostly on great lakes or atl?
Mainly Great lakes. were all in CREW (it is a merger of former TDR/BC that still play this game for some reason!)

PM me if you want, i can get ya setup with info

Aeramus

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great! Really wish I would have put all of my SoulStones and items in the Bank before I closed my accounts... lol. Mostly the Soulstones, I had about 50+ with skills on them. Oh well, Is the High Seas worth Buying?

J

Janus69

Great! Really wish I would have put all of my SoulStones and items in the Bank before I closed my accounts... lol. Mostly the Soulstones, I had about 50+ with skills on them. Oh well, Is the High Seas worth Buying?
Yikes man, that just made my head hurt..

iamSnippa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
High Seas mmm, depends on if u need any of the artifacts or have a fisherman/plan to have a fisherman.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You still in a guild with EDA Lynk? I assume you guys are playing mostly on great lakes or atl?
I do not play with EDA and those guys anymore. I play on all east coast and a couple west coast servers. Lately, the West Coast has been more fun than GL. No one plays factions on GL.

Aeramus

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yikes man, that just made my head hurt..
Yeah, It hasn't hit me yet how much that is going to bother me. I am sure once I log in and realize all of the skills I lost and how many years I spent working on them I will smack myself for not throwing them all in bank boxes.

I was a big fan of changing templates all the time so the full soulstones where very handy. Really afraid to log in this weekend and see what important skills I lost. I am assuming my 3-4 mages were still all setup. But my dexxer templates, bushido, ninja, stealth and my tamer chars I used to switch out skills a lot. Oh well. Get my new PC on Saturday and assuming I dont have to work this weekend Guess I will find out then. Also afraid I may have left some of my better weapons in my house chests... Eeeekkk!!

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any template you created is outdated and underpowered.

Any suit you had is probably garbage.

Aeramus

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any template you created is outdated and underpowered.

Any suit you had is probably garbage.
Really? Templates changed a lot? Scribe Mage, Necro Mage, Fencing Mage no longer relevant? That doesn't make me feel any better about loosing all my SoulStones. Suites Can be replaced easily. Although from what I have seen on the auction websites the armor hasn't gotten any better since I left.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The armor is way better, and much easier to obtain since you left. Imbuing changed everything in armor/weapons. Weapons you would have paid 100's of millions in gold just 2-3 years ago are common now.

M

Malador

What's wrong with the last target macro? I've been using it while farming monsters and it works almost exactly like the UOA last target macro only better.

Whats wrong with casting spells? If you set up the macro properly (set it to target: cursor rather than target: current) it works just like the CC.

As far as the computer goes.... yeah, you need something MORE than capable of running a game like WoW, CoD, or any other graphic intensive game @ 60fps.

Forgot about that lacking feature of the atlas, yeah, that can be a bit of a problem when working with groups larger than 10 people, however when in a party, all party members will be shown on your map.
Like lynk said it doesnt work really well although it might be worth the buggyness to get the built in speed increase and some of the other things like not getting stuck. Also you need a computer with far more capability than wow to run it and it is buggy with certain setups too. Wow is a relativly undemanding client in my opinion butthe particle effects in the enhanced UO client are monsterously demanding.

I think there is a way to integrate auto map through a legal client modification Seems like I remember something about it from when I ran the client.

Aeramus

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The armor is way better, and much easier to obtain since you left. Imbuing changed everything in armor/weapons. Weapons you would have paid 100's of millions in gold just 2-3 years ago are common now.
I left right after Imbuing. So already upgraded armor. 70% of weapons I used were better than what you could do with Imbuing. Spent billions on val hammers and weapons made from val hammers. I did buy some Imbuing made weapons but wasnt impressed with most of them other than the bows. As I thought there hasn't been any upgrade in armor/weapons since Imbuing. I am curious about the new power templates though.

J

Janus69

So yeah, are there any pvp guilds left anymore? Haven't had much time to play, but finally got an acceptable suit together.. I'd rather not be relegated to running around solo dodging ganks, but its sounding like DC is the only guild doing anything, besides running, in Fel?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
CREW is the only guild that comes close to fielding numbers enough to fight DC, that plays GL regularly.

Cross shard guilds field enough, but I can't think of one that chooses to play GL when there are other options.

A

Asimov

I do not remember you being accused of "stealing scrolls", at least not publicly. I do seem to recall your little clique constantly conducting private little unannounced spawns where guild members not in your little click were not allowed to participate in the roll for scrolls. I remember that JD created the rule that if a BC member is doing a spawn then it is a BC spawn and anyone can join in. I remember that he required all to announce spawns in irc chat so that those who wished to join in could.

Anyone else around from that era who was NOT part of the group remember this?
Sup Malador. I definitely remember the spawn announcement rule, but had forgotten the reason it was instituted. How have ya been?

You still in contact with anyone from the old days? I talk to malystryx and hellscream every now and again but that's about it.

iamSnippa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sup Malador. I definitely remember the spawn announcement rule, but had forgotten the reason it was instituted. How have ya been?

You still in contact with anyone from the old days? I talk to malystryx and hellscream every now and again but that's about it.
congress & ivy were on WoW last I knew - not on the same server as JD & the rest, some other old school bc were with JD & Xeg on Kil'Jaeden last I knew, but someone told me they transferred off... should check with xeg or jd if u have contact with them, Suriam might be able to help too if you can get ahold of him, but he wasn't with the guild on WoW, I haven't talked to him in years.

I don't think any of the truly oldschool BC are left in UO, I could be wrong though.

M

Malador

The only person I really still talk to is Haginor and I have not talked to her in a long time. I think Snippa is correct. there is really no one left from that era. That goes for me too. My last account subscription ran out this past week. It was painful doing it given how many years I have been playing but UO is dead.

iamSnippa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya know malador, I called UO dying badly 6 years ago.
I'm back playing though because there is nothing out there that's better.
If you're planning on going to WoW & join Xeg, JD, & the rest, I wish you luck and highly suggest that you very seriously take into consideration any suggestion they may have for the class of character you play. Otherwise you'll end up frustrated and not being able to do much with them.

If that's not where you're headed, I hope ya have fun in whatever you do.
Gilbo & Nerzhul are playing League of Legends now, that may be your best option if you're looking for all pvp all the time.. though I know they don't play together, but if you go there, maybe you can talk them into running together as a group when all 3 of you are on.

M

Malador

Ya know malador, I called UO dying badly 6 years ago.
I'm back playing though because there is nothing out there that's better.
If you're planning on going to WoW & join Xeg, JD, & the rest, I wish you luck and highly suggest that you very seriously take into consideration any suggestion they may have for the class of character you play. Otherwise you'll end up frustrated and not being able to do much with them.

If that's not where you're headed, I hope ya have fun in whatever you do.
Gilbo & Nerzhul are playing League of Legends now, that may be your best option if you're looking for all pvp all the time.. though I know they don't play together, but if you go there, maybe you can talk them into running together as a group when all 3 of you are on.
I would agree that nothing compares to UO pvp however the only way to find pvp now days is to shard hop until you find action. I havent really played actively for almost a year now and I have not played at all for many months. Nor am I playing anything else but I think if I were it would be war hammer not wow. I keep waiting for guild wars II to come out with its open world theme. I would play that if it would ever hit the shelfs. Until then I will probably stick to console games.

Z

zOoMaN - BC

Hey Malador, long time no see. I have been away from UO since 2007. I see alot of familiar names on here. I'm thinking about giving UO another run. How you been?

M

Malador

I am doing good Zoo. How you been? What you been doing for fun?

Z

zOoMaN - BC

I've been good. I just retired from the US Army after 22 years. Now that I have some time on my hands, I might be getting back to UO.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds good - always looking for another meat shield to drop in 5 seconds.

I can tell you're cool by your alternating caps name.

M

Malador

Ignore Lynk Zooman. He just behaves like an ******* because he does not get enough attention from his mom.

Retiring sounds good. Some days I wish I had stayed in. I could have retired in 2006 and still been doing what I am doing now, just for fun, instead of to pay the bills.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ignore Lynk Zooman. He just behaves like an ******* because he does not get enough attention from his mom.

Retiring sounds good. Some days I wish I had stayed in. I could have retired in 2006 and still been doing what I am doing now, just for fun, instead of to pay the bills.
Who on earth would clean windows at stop lights with 3 day old news papers for fun????

iamSnippa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope ya do come back soon Zoo, would be great to have ya back in the game.

C

Cut Thr0at

yah, i might be making a comeback as well, not many people like me too much on great lakes im sure. I read a little of what you guys wrote and it seems to me its all spawn fighting? no yew gate or faction fights anymore? most my characters are faction and i used to have a house by yew gate. just curious as to if its completely dead in yew?

thanks,
Deception/Immaculate

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@ Dejavu - Thanks for 2 text walls that nobody cares about. You're holding on to UO drama from like 7 years ago. Move on with your life because I'm fairly certain everyone else has.

@ Deception - GL has very little yew gate fighting and even less faction fighting. If you really wanted to do anything PvP related it ended up with either 20-30 DC or 10-20 CREW. Maybe CREW is less now that Solus's (aka Promathia) vagina got a bunch of sand in it and rage logged out of their vent.

CREW and DC both refuse to go factions because their insta res grinder tactic would no longer work.

I

Immaculate

lynk, thanks for the info. what shard are you playing on? i might come back here in a couple months. im still over seas, but i wanna join a crew that does faction **** more. a small group that works well together, kinda like FKD used to be. got any ideas?

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe CREW is less now that Solus's (aka Promathia) vagina got a bunch of sand in it and rage logged out of their vent.

Kinda like you guys did with Aeyko? LoL

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kinda like you guys did with Aeyko? LoL
The thing with LD splitting was totally different. Any member who was actually there will tell you.

It was not by any means spawned by someone rage logging because their admin abilities were revoked.

I know Eda very well, and I respect him as a person and a UO PvPer. He makes educated decisions based on the well being of his guild. He is not an emotional player in the slightest.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lynk, thanks for the info. what shard are you playing on? i might come back here in a couple months. im still over seas, but i wanna join a crew that does faction **** more. a small group that works well together, kinda like FKD used to be. got any ideas?
I play on all east coast as well as Lake Austin, Napa, and Pac. If you're looking for a GL specific guild, not sure that you'll find what you're looking for.

There are about 4 cross shard guilds that play most servers. LD, UM@D, Paith's guild (not sure if they are active) and MM.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I play on all east coast as well as Lake Austin, Napa, and Pac. If you're looking for a GL specific guild, not sure that you'll find what you're looking for.

There are about 4 cross shard guilds that play most servers. LD, UM@D, Paith's guild (not sure if they are active) and MM.
Do you really think Trevor and Mord would have joined you guys in Paiths guild was actually active? I havent even seen UM@D raid at all, and I know Pug has qd Aeyko plenty of times to come fight.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you really think Trevor and Mord would have joined you guys in Paiths guild was actually active? I havent even seen UM@D raid at all, and I know Pug has qd Aeyko plenty of times to come fight.
I have no idea about Trevor or Mord, I don't really know them and I've only seen Trevor in vent once and haven't talked to him.

As for raids, I only play a couple hours on a few nights a week and when I'm on I scout and raid, that is pretty much all I do. We just took a Destard from LD a few nights ago on Legends.

M

Malador

Lynk is right a small paragraph would have sufficed because none of that long story you told changes the fact that the guild got sick of your not very private and not very fast spawns and JD put a stop to it just like I said. Also Ivy was one of the most like players in the game unlike you. You were simply a hot headed ego maniac and Alchy was simply loud and obnoxious.

garillo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
you're not old BC unless you were around for Sir Bart occupying #1 on the pk rewards list or had to honor to watch Miner/Kalyndria/Ho Chi Minh/Renegade/VoltII Bucs Den fights pre tram.

S

SugarSmacks

you're not old BC unless you were around for Sir Bart occupying #1 on the pk rewards list or had to honor to watch Miner/Kalyndria/Ho Chi Minh/Renegade/VoltII Bucs Den fights pre tram.
Ho Chi was one of the very first people to play UO on a cable connection,that basically set a pretty deep advantage against everyone else.

Bart, who honestly saw bart fight on his own,because he didnt lol.

Kaly lol the good girl gone bad, it was an amusing story to see her go perma red and basically murder everything in sight. I personally remember fighting her 1v1, pretty talented girl, also considered to be one of the most feared people to most miners.

The other names are familiar but they really didnt do anything that made a story stick with them over time.

BC is dead. and has been for a year now, they lost their identity to a bigger group, which casually throws them to the side due to their lack of personal skill without the zerg. I cant tell you how many old BC players have quit (permanently) from this game because they could no longer zerg lol. Honestly if that was your only means of survival you deserved the beating that came around lol. The only decent person out of BC i have ever seen is Cetric, which im sure many will disagree but then will demand a fight where they can run offscreen 250 times, because yea thats a real fight when u can offscreen so much lol.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I personally remember fighting her 1v1, pretty talented girl, also considered to be one of the most feared people to most miners.
Kraz who are you trying to kid? Your idea of PvP for about 10 years was a naked stealth archer taking only a pop shot with a GM composite bow crafted out of Yew wood.

You didn't even attempt to PvP until Mysticism came out and you could ma/nb with spell plague. Get real man.

M

Malador

Kraz who are you trying to kid? Your idea of PvP for about 10 years was a naked stealth archer taking only a pop shot with a GM composite bow crafted out of Yew wood.

You didn't even attempt to PvP until Mysticism came out and you could ma/nb with spell plague. Get real man.
No **** and he talks about others offscreening which is all he does in a 1 v 1

S

SugarSmacks

Actually i pvpd long before you played, i took an extended abscence from fel after they invented tram. I had alot going on and fighting the new mass zerg guild that had just come to fel then (BC) wasnt on the agenda. Besides at the time i was getting tired of adjusting my template just to change up. I mean if you think that time of 20 naked word of death mages at a moongate was talent then lol. I think the only thing that even encouraged me to want to bother making a suit was imbuing, because before it the only people who had decent ones were duping barbed kits.

I dont care what you think of me, for what ive seen fighting you, you sure arent memerable like the people before that were mentioned.

BTW next time theres a shard with a pvp event (that you have so many chars on so many shards lol) try entering, instead of standing in the crowd lol.