• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning vet, got PvP?

J

Janus69

Ok, so I've been gone 4 years or so now, and I've been feeling out the shard and trying to get caught up with the changes. I was heavy into pvp back then, and was a member of BTH if anyone remembers them.. I have heard that BC is no more, and that there is a whole new zerg BC wannabe guild called DC on GL. Problem is, I haven't seen anyone in Fel, and I think I've seen one person with the Justice virtue all week? Wth? Did pvp die? Help this born again newb get back in the groove please

Orgional Farimir

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right now the PvP on this shard consists of DC running with 20+ people while CREW runs with 9-13 people. CREW ususally gets a LOT more kills than DC, but because of DC's numbers they usually get most of the scrolls.

Last night was a perfect example. DC popped a harry with 31 people. CREW had 9 on max(during half time of the eagle game and we droped to 5 when halftime was over), but we got about 7 kills before our first death.

Ever now and then LD will play this shard for some PvP action as well. When they do it is pretty fun having 3 way fights.

W

Wojoe

Right now the PvP on this shard consists of DC running with 20+ people while CREW runs with 9-13 people. CREW ususally gets a LOT more kills than DC, but because of DC's numbers they usually get most of the scrolls.

Last night was a perfect example. DC popped a harry with 31 people. CREW had 9 on max(during half time of the eagle game and we droped to 5 when halftime was over), but we got about 7 kills before our first death.

Ever now and then LD will play this shard for some PvP action as well. When they do it is pretty fun having 3 way fights.
Translation: We can only field 9 people cuz the rest are tired of getting pwned and sometimes LD helps us but we still get pwned...:gee:

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From LD perspective - GL is more of a last option for PvP when all the other servers are dead.

The quality of fights on GL are subpar compared to what else is out there. DC is the only guild that does harrowers with 30+ people, and refuse to play factions.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PvP comes and goes.

Whenever a fight breaks out you will hear about it in Global Chat.

We are no longer the hotbed of Faction activity that we were when I first came over and used to try and snipe Shadow Lord reds and solo-raided a CoM Harrower in the middle of the day. Whether that will come back or not I cannot speculate intelligently.

Random fights do happen. Oddly enough, as I am a part-time PvPer at best, I am not typically invited to them when they do. I do crash a fight sometimes, though.

-Galen's player

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's pretty much a joke. The main PvP guild, DC, is absolutely terrible. They took a few minutes to kill me on a sampire with 6 people.

J

Janus69

Well, that's really not what I wanted to hear. It sounds to me like this DC guild just replaced BC, or did BC just morph into something else? I never quite understood why people on GL always lets some zerg guild full of newbs completely dominate Fel. Should have went to Atl I guess.
I do remember you and your Yew gate antics Wojoe, and I remember you from the forums Galen.. I just got back after 4 yrs away, and I have the whole Stygian Abyss thing to check out I guess. I work alot of OT and have the whole wife and kids thing going on, so I don't have the time to even try to organize anything.. :-/ Friggen hate zerg bishes

iamSnippa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This talk of DC replacing BC is complete BS.
All DC does is spawns, period. BC dominated ALL of Felucca, not just spawns.
DC is just a trammie guild with numbers, thats all.

... or did BC just morph into something else?
Black Company is gone. There are few people from the guild that remain (which are mostly part of CREW), the rest went to World of Warcraft, League of Legends, or some other game.

Friggen hate zerg bishes
Didn't you say you were part of BTH? Or am I mistaken? It IS still early in the day for me & I do have a headache, so maybe I read that wrong... But as far as zerging goes, BTH was the worst offender, anyone on GL will tell you that.

J

Janus69

Please. Yeah yeah, I was in BTH. It wasn't a very big guild till the last month or two on GL.. Nobody had any choice but to mass recruit because BC ghost cammed every spawn and then made sure to roll in with more people than any two other guilds on GL could match.
We never matched BC's numbers but steamrolled the $h1t out of them for a couple months anyway, and then FL actually came into GL around that time and PvP was jumpin for awhile.. There were some truely epic three way Oaks and Harrys. Eventually got tired of the zerg guild BS(BTH and BC both), as did a handful of the few cool members of BC(BiggunzIV and Ursula among others) and we all formed our own small pvp guild and xfer'd to Legends.
So yeah you're right, BC was very good at zerging all of Felucca and its spawns with ghost cams and numbers. Probably much better at it than this DC guild. I do however, fail to understand how this is something to brag about?

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The few remaining BC guys are in CREW on GL. CREW is a smattering of former BC and TDR/J^W

DC likes to act big and bad now like they are king ****. The facts though:

1. Only even fight when they feel their odds of winning are high. (Claim otherwise)

2. Only fight with higher numbers

3. Typically fight on blues so fights can be moved towards a guard zone, increasing their odds.

4. Will talk mad **** and create lies to make themselves feel better.

I don't really know what the last month or so has been like, but i'd be willing to bet it hasn't changed much.

J

Janus69

Well I will give you that, BC was a Fel guild, and were very good at what they did. It just sucked if you weren't BC. Guess I'm a bit ****ty that pvp is apparently all but dead, and what little there is ends up as a yew gate/guard zone gank fest.. #*@% that $& 1t

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its pretty hard to find pvp elsewhere, its either u find 4 or 5 DC doing some t2a spawn, raid them, and then get flooded by the DC horde, or you pop a despice/harrower just for a fight. And if DC feels you have a little too much going for you in the fight, they won't even show up.

PVP is in a pretty upsetting stage.

S

SugarSmacks

Actually there is a few reasons pvp is dead on great lakes. But the real death of it is more on Crews hands than anything. For the most part Crew is a merger of all the former guilds you probably remember. That being the remainder of FS!, TDR, BC, and XV. Now before i go any further let that sink in for secound.
I know if you DID play back then your going WOW....ALL OF THEM?
The answer is a resounding yes, unfortunately for them they were found out to be harboring some really horrible players. I mean players playing 10 years and dying in 15 secs 1v1 on a mage.
Basically those who could pvp turned on the former oppresors and devastated them. This was not a slow beating this was a day after day after day beating.
Now dont get me wrong there are players with some ability such as cetric, but to see farimir posting is laughable, im sure even you in a set of gear and 2 hours practice would be dominating him in a duel pit!
So anyways the oppressed finally destroyed the oppressors and they grew and grew and grew. What did you think would happen?

The final kill of GL pvp came with crews decision of "no more 1v1s EVER". They have become a guild of people that cant and wont ever fight on their own and you wont ever find one on his own lol! Yew gate was left empty and DC had no one to fight so they stopped coming too. It was a process of waiting for something to happen that doesnt.

Dont believe me? Stop on gl and ask someone to duel lets see if someone other than cetric from crew comes, odds are if they do theres a WHOLE LOT OF SOMEONES COMING!

This really forced a large part of the population who liked to pvp on to atlantic or you must have a character on atlantic, because GL isnt enough anymore. It just isnt.

Heres to chasing Farimir and never fighting him where he cant run away

Orgional Farimir

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually there is a few reasons pvp is dead on great lakes. But the real death of it is more on Crews hands than anything. For the most part Crew is a merger of all the former guilds you probably remember. That being the remainder of FS!, TDR, BC, and XV. Now before i go any further let that sink in for secound.
The answer is a resounding yes, unfortunately for them they were found out to be harboring some really horrible players. I mean players playing 10 years and dying in 15 secs 1v1 on a mage.
Basically those who could pvp turned on the former oppresors and devastated them. This was not a slow beating this was a day after day after day beating.
Now dont get me wrong there are players with some ability such as cetric, but to see farimir posting is laughable, im sure even you in a set of gear and 2 hours practice would be dominating him in a duel pit!
So anyways the oppressed finally destroyed the oppressors and they grew and grew and grew. What did you think would happen?

The final kill of GL pvp came with crews decision of "no more 1v1s EVER". They have become a guild of people that cant and wont ever fight on their own and you wont ever find one on his own lol! Yew gate was left empty and DC had no one to fight so they stopped coming too. It was a process of waiting for something to happen that doesnt.

Dont believe me? Stop on gl and ask someone to duel lets see if someone other than cetric from crew comes, odds are if they do theres a WHOLE LOT OF SOMEONES COMING!

This really forced a large part of the population who liked to pvp on to atlantic or you must have a character on atlantic, because GL isnt enough anymore. It just isnt.

Thanks for saying my name so much..... Your worship is noted.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Here is a timeline of events from back then, just from my biased (i'll try not to be) point of view. It might and probably does differ from others (just a few years ago, when pvp went it to a sharp decline):

- BC and TDR are the 2 guilds that duke it out the most, with healthy mixes of UOD, and misc small guilds. At this time BC has a tram guild BR under its wing, using them as a champ/harrower killer. At this time, DC doesn't exist in fel otuside of doing some spawns, much like -Y- does now.

- Factions get big, but it is still the TDR/BC/UOD and add into that a larger EGO, BoA, FKD, etc with misc small guilds.

- BR, disapproving of how they are treated in BC, flocks to TDR for support and vengeance against BC, a few members stay with BC.

- a few higher ranking BC work on grooming DC into pvp, working on successfully grooming them into DC. This causes some breaking of the ranks of BC. BC feels they need a few more to compete with the growing size of TDR, the high skill and speed of FKD dexers, etc. Others in BC believe this SHOULD NOT happen.

- DC, growing very large as a "for-profit guild", breaks off to do their own thing, taking many of the "money-hungry" BC with them, leaving behind loyalists and pvpers mainly.

- TDR, with only a handful of active members (FS! guys have been with TDR for years), and BC with only a handful of active members join together. This was hard to think of at the time, being the two guilds were pretty big rivals. But at the time, DC could put 30 on the field, FKD could run 10-15ish, and BC and TDR individually couldn't hit 10 if their lives depended on it.

- DC began some sort of mass recruiting, eating up any smaller guilds or individual pvpers that were never in guilds, always guard hugging blues (Think of Wojoe) I would assume this was from Tami(GM). They would bring over small guilds to join them from other shards, always claiming to them that DC was always outnumbered and treated badly, asking for their help. In some cases paying them for their help, or just providing scrolls/resources.

- At this point, it became an arms race between the DC and BC/TDR (Crew) just to compete. At this time, DC who would field 30+ was able to be killed by a group of 10-15. But they were getting better as they brought in people who knew how to pvp. DC gobbled up ALL small guilds, Crew stayed afloat bringing old players back and guilding folks who knew how to pvp, but didn't want to be in the DC horde. At this time, you had to either be in Crew or DC. There was no other option. Small faction guilds would just get pummeled by numbers. At some point here, the small group (2-4) XV guys that were in DC left and joined CREW.

- Both guilds would have active nights or slow nights. Much of the time one or the other would need to get a fight forced, rather than found. Both guilds believe the other guild are cowards, both point out the weaknesses of the other but fail to see their own bruises. CREW would begin playing with some guilds that would play multiple shards. DC would bring in the likes of Larry(kicked from CREW) and Slipknot (Refused by CREW, paid to bring his guild from Atl), as well as others from multiple shards. Giving basically any trash person/player a chance, if they could help them pvp.

- Here we are now. From what i have seen recently, neither guild can get a bunch of active people on the same night as the other. When they do, there is always an excuse why they can't fight them (mostly do to being outnumbered, guardzones, something). Many people have put chars on other shards to look for pvp elsewhere, but its hard to come by no matter where you look. Now i know i'm biased but i've seen CREW fight heavily outnumbered, and know they are gunna get smoked, but just come back to fight over and over. DC seems to think if the percentage chance of them dieing is about 30%+ they won't come. They will just say, "oh ur not worth it, im getting on atlantic" Then you hop on Atlantic yourself and see them running 20 deep on a non-faction guild fighting groups of 8

If i missed something or you disagree, i'd love to see someone elses point of view.

The biggest issue is, there are 2 guilds on GL now, all other small guilds were gobbled up in an arms race for manpower and shard supremacy.. The shard would be better off if both guilds disbanded and became 4 or 5 guilds. The problem is, both guilds don't play unless there are people to play with, and why not, its a mmorpg, i don't think its cowardice.

S

SugarSmacks

I like your twist of the facts of how your guild avoids fighting by themselves vs anyone lol. You can say YOU fight by yourself but everyone can count on the other 150 people in your guild running away until they find 2 or more guildmates to fight that 1 person. I personally dont care you guys are horrible alone but seeing you infect other shards like atl where you play with MM and do HEY the EXACT SAME THING!

Did you say we mass recruited first? Really the guild run by old BC is telling me WE zerged first? LOL I saw YOUR guild recruit 9 -Y- in the MIDDLE OF A FIGHT LOL! (Y being a straight tram guild). DC has done nothing but what was done to them, we just did it better.

BTW the "we payed slipknot to join" lie you like to spew is entertaining. But however dont expect to get paid. We are a for profit guild yes, you guys can be as poor as you like ( and all those raids of your people i solo raid at 5am because you ARE all poor just never happens). Like i said be poor, we are not, and the benefits you call "paying" i call being guilded. I guess it must suck to play in a guild where youd have to worry about putting something valuable out around guildys, but hey your guild DID produce larry right?

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like your twist of the facts of how your guild avoids fighting by themselves vs anyone lol. You can say YOU fight by yourself but everyone can count on the other 150 people in your guild running away until they find 2 or more guildmates to fight that 1 person. I personally dont care you guys are horrible alone but seeing you infect other shards like atl where you play with MM and do HEY the EXACT SAME THING!

Did you say we mass recruited first? Really the guild run by old BC is telling me WE zerged first? LOL I saw YOUR guild recruit 9 -Y- in the MIDDLE OF A FIGHT LOL! (Y being a straight tram guild). DC has done nothing but what was done to them, we just did it better.

BTW the "we payed slipknot to join" lie you like to spew is entertaining. But however dont expect to get paid. We are a for profit guild yes, you guys can be as poor as you like ( and all those raids of your people i solo raid at 5am because you ARE all poor just never happens). Like i said be poor, we are not, and the benefits you call "paying" i call being guilded. I guess it must suck to play in a guild where youd have to worry about putting something valuable out around guildys, but hey your guild DID produce larry right?
Like i said, i knew what i said would come off biased. But i didn't see you offering your perspective. I know what i was a part of and the history. CREW guilded people such as the -Y- guys to pick up some new blood and new numbers. During that streth we couldnt get half as many people as DC. So we figured hey, lets guild a handful of people who want to pvp and if any of them end up sticking, then cool. If not, bye bye. And if memory serves me right, 7 of 9 went bye bye, and the other 2 are inactive.

now.. as for slipknot being paid to play with you guys, i have the whole conversation recorded of him. He wanted in crew, and we wouldn't allow it, and he had this big rant about how his guilds transfer tokens and anything they wanted was paid for by DC. So either you guys are lieing or him. Not up to me to judge, just letting you know what I know.

And the pay thing.. please. My slight at you for that is that all you guys want is the scrolls (you bolt if a champ dies). You decide not to raid harrowers because there are tram events going on. We just want to fight, you just want to make gold. Most of us have made enough gold for ourselves to never need any again - so why would i want to go make more (boring)

As for Larry.. LOL yea larry was a mistake to guild (i dont think he ripped any of us off that i know of) He's like a straight up slipknot if i ever saw one. The funny part was, we didn't want to be associated with him because of his image, so we kick him, and he gets picked up by DC, and him and habibi loot some **** from sixunders house. ROFL at that one.

Also - I'm pretty sure everyone knows that you play a blue non-faction char 95% of your time, only flag people if you are ganking, UNLESS, the person you are flagging is far less of a caster than you. We see it all the time. You fight and you have become a competent caster since mysticism came out (whenever date that was) but as i think i mentioned before, you will point out everything on someone else but turn a blind eye to your or your own guilds issues. i know my guilds issues and i will happily acknowledge them, but for you to act like DC is something that it is not is sad. I will give DC credit for what they became from what they were in a fairly short period of time, but don't lie to make yourselves sound better. Look at the people DC has brought in since they really started pvping, and where those people came from. think about it really hard.

You have just as many "Redstone's" as we do, you just may not notice it. There are people i take out within seconds of finding them, that will always run from me, just like people in CREW will always run from 1v1s, i just don't believe we have that mindset no matter what you say. If you are referring to having a fight, and someone being off alone and you encounter them and try to 1v1 them, there could be calls being made in a group setting, or people may simply just say, you know what, **** this, i can't get superspot to stay on screen 99% of the time anyways.

PS. Its pretty slow at work right now - if you can't tell lol.

S

SugarSmacks

You are right i came for the scrolls, didnt we just establish we are " for profit " the point being, you have stop being worth anything when the champ is dead, if you are so determined to fight doing another champ shouldnt be a problem.
Now lets get some things straight, all of GL knows theres events every tuesday, its no coincidence that happen to have 20 people on when you know we wont be there. When the cats away........
By the way who complains about a Tuesday? LOL? I cant find you on a weekend until 12:00am eastern and then its 20 of you and your telling me im avoiding pvp when 95% of my guild is in bed. Its ok i know you will pop a harry every tuesday and complain about pvp. Its the same thing every week.

You are 500% more likely to find a DC to fight alone then a Crew
And tell me who says i run away other than you or Sedric (if he plays), are you honestly believing farimir or homer or rabbit LOL we all know the results of all the money duels with your guild and me, me 100% win rate and still no 40 mil you guys owe me.

By the way expecting me to play a faction character or a red when you need to fight me with 3 people or MORE EVERY TIME is kind of stupid lol.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why fight on tuesday and not weekends? We are completely inactive on the weekends. I think sunday nights some of us get on? might be a few on Sat mornings?

I know i'm off watching football now, but i'm normally doing something more fun on the weekends than playing uo. Weeknights on the other hand.. i don't do **** besides some crap around the house, xbox, or uo. Between it now being fall (****in rain tho), football season, gears of war 3, and the boringness that has become uo I just haven't been on much lately

S

SugarSmacks

i did not pick tuesday the EMs have and we are going to be there.

I think after the fight on atl last night you can see the obvious more promise that shard will hold for big fights, especially if GOD+ shows that could be 4 guilds fielding over 10 people

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh i agree, i love atlantic... but at the same time i hate it. Not sure why. I think its because the people there are so ****ing annoying lol.

Wish more of the people i play with would play there regularly =/ I end up running around mostly on overpowered gimp solo chars at yew gate to compensate for my lack of helpers in the inevitable faction gankfest lol.

J

Janus69

Jesus, thats one depressing ass read right there. I had hoped there was some kind of decent action to be had on GL. I should have scouted I guess, but GL was my 'birth' server so to speak, and I know people with very well established characters here as well.
I was never considered an elite duelist in 1v1 mage, but I could hold my own most of the time. 1v1 was already dying a slow death when I played heavily 4-5 years ago..
I will say this however, I almost never PvP'd on a blue. The only time I did was when I drew the short straw and we needed someone to Justice the champ..
I got pretty damn good on my necro/nox/mage at defending choke points if I do say so myself.. Anyhow, I guess I will do my best flying solo for now. I have alot of nerfs and changes to catch up on, and my timing is so friggen rusty I'm not much use right now anyway :-\

S

SugarSmacks

Hello all, I occasionally check these forums every year or so just for the hell of it and for once my intrest has been arroused.

To the op, bth was horrible

Does Black company even exist anymore?

Do any of the older players like Drowned god, Sag,x, bigguns, or Peon play anymore.

Is Fs a guild still.

And as for Ld, is that the same learning disabled I started On legends with Lo when I left GL like 8 years ago after that fat liar sir bart tried to pin his thievery on us.
BC what was left of it was absorbed into crew as was all the rest of the guilds i listed

FS was last seen following battery somewhere, i honestly dont remember what shard her and neo moved to but neo still has a house here LOL, im betting he quit and its one of those will never fall houses. The remainder of the guild had moved into bc or tdr at the time which later became crew.

Peon still plays occasionally but not very often, just when he wants to log on and kick us around on his necro.

Im pretty certain everyone has always refered to LD as the same guild, with Pug as the leader of it, he used to be on legends yes but they moved more to chesapeake. They have characters on so many shards its not odd to see them pop up on atl or gl though, or even catskills so i have heard. Long story short im pretty sure your thinking the same guy.

J

Janus69

Hello all, I occasionally check these forums every year or so just for the hell of it and for once my intrest has been arroused.

To the op, bth was horrible

Does Black company even exist anymore?

Do any of the older players like Drowned god, Sag,x, bigguns, or Peon play anymore.

Is Fs a guild still.

And as for Ld, is that the same learning disabled I started On legends with Lo when I left GL like 8 years ago after that fat liar sir bart tried to pin his thievery on us.
Yeah, BTH were some serious ******bags for the most part, with Pub at the forefront. Which, is why I left not long after joining. The novelty of spanking BC wore off pretty quick. Formed PvP/A*K with Biggunz, Ursula, TurkeyBaster, and a few others and xfer'd to Legends. For awhile there, Legends was some of the most fun I've ever had playing UO. Need to figure out my old icq info, I'd like to see if biggunz and a few others still uses it or plays UO too

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BC what was left of it was absorbed into crew as was all the rest of the guilds i listed

FS was last seen following battery somewhere, i honestly dont remember what shard her and neo moved to but neo still has a house here LOL, im betting he quit and its one of those will never fall houses. The remainder of the guild had moved into bc or tdr at the time which later became crew.

Peon still plays occasionally but not very often, just when he wants to log on and kick us around on his necro.

Im pretty certain everyone has always refered to LD as the same guild, with Pug as the leader of it, he used to be on legends yes but they moved more to chesapeake. They have characters on so many shards its not odd to see them pop up on atl or gl though, or even catskills so i have heard. Long story short im pretty sure your thinking the same guy.
The only remaining FS! that still play are Puni (Pandora), myself, and Dorinda. I haven't seen neo in a long time. Cheech used to log in but I haven't seen him in a while. I'm in a guild with Dorinda on a couple shards and I see her name pop up on the guild roster but never see her in game.

I still have the deed to the guild stone in my bank.

The peon that you're talking about Kraz is not the real peon. The real peon does not play ever.

And yes, LD is on every east coast server and most west coast.

Dorinda

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only remaining FS! that still play are Puni (Pandora), myself, and Dorinda. I haven't seen neo in a long time. Cheech used to log in but I haven't seen him in a while. I'm in a guild with Dorinda on a couple shards and I see her name pop up on the guild roster but never see her in game.

I still have the deed to the guild stone in my bank.

The peon that you're talking about Kraz is not the real peon. The real peon does not play ever.

And yes, LD is on every east coast server and most west coast.
Lynks,

Soon as I get a better connection, we will rekindle our love.

M

Malador

The biggest issue is, there are 2 guilds on GL now, all other small guilds were gobbled up in an arms race for manpower and shard supremacy.. The shard would be better off if both guilds disbanded and became 4 or 5 guilds. The problem is, both guilds don't play unless there are people to play with, and why not, its a mmorpg, i don't think its cowardice.
Right on Cetric.

M

Malador

I have solo raided dc spawns on many occasions and DC always in every single occurrence responded by sending in at least 4-5 people to kill me so please do not whine about other guilds not fighting 1 v 1..

S

SugarSmacks

I have solo raided dc spawns on many occasions and DC always in every single occurrence responded by sending in at least 4-5 people to kill me so please do not whine about other guilds not fighting 1 v 1..
I was not aware that the place to duel had changed to interrupting someone spawning and demanding a duel.
I love people who complain about how their raid went.
Btw your advertising for a suspended website

M

Malador

I was not aware that the place to duel had changed to interrupting someone spawning and demanding a duel.
I love people who complain about how their raid went.
Btw your advertising for a suspended website
LMAO I did not say anything about dueling and neither did you. You made the claim that with only a few exceptions crew will never fight a 1 v 1. I insisted that with few exceptions neither will DC. I pointed out that attacking a lone DC at a spawn encourages him/her to call in multiple guild mates to fight his/her battle instead of him fighting it alone.

Grow up kid

M

Malador

Yeah I started Ld on legends on my mages Jade/Insomnia with Loish and alchy and I can't remember the other guy after Sir Fatty tried to lay the blame for tons of plus 20 power scrolls disapearing on us.

Truth is Bart used to steal, lie, and cheat just about everyone outside of him,his brother, ivy and her husband.

Pug joined Ld near the end of my 7 year run.

Sadest thing about Bc in general was the general greed of Bart. Everyone knew 80 percent of Bc was a general meat shield for us pvpers and yes Bart compensated us well for being the pvp side of the guild but once I found out just how much he was stealing it made you kinda sick to your stomach.

If you wonder how he was stealing it goes like this. Every champ spawn, Harrower bc did you basicly had like 7 to 8 pvpers at most with like 20 to 30 meat shields. Only bart, ivy her husband, trylla and alchy were allowed to touch the bosses, the PS take on every kill was lied about, Bart and Ultima had a deal going on and would sell. Long story short Bart and his brother who I actually met in rl and god were they fat, both basicly made more rl money than most of you will ever be able to imagine. Both seemed like nice people until you found out what they were doing and then they turned on you in spades.

Funny thing I could never understand is why people believed them when they said we stole stuff from them, yet according to them in the previous 3 month we had supposedly only got a handful of 20 scrolls and yet they told people we took all this ****.

I do not remember you being accused of "stealing scrolls", at least not publicly. I do seem to recall your little clique constantly conducting private little unannounced spawns where guild members not in your little click were not allowed to participate in the roll for scrolls. I remember that JD created the rule that if a BC member is doing a spawn then it is a BC spawn and anyone can join in. I remember that he required all to announce spawns in irc chat so that those who wished to join in could.

Anyone else around from that era who was NOT part of the group remember this?

S

SugarSmacks

LMAO I did not say anything about dueling and neither did you. You made the claim that with only a few exceptions crew will never fight a 1 v 1. I insisted that with few exceptions neither will DC. I pointed out that attacking a lone DC at a spawn encourages him/her to call in multiple guild mates to fight his/her battle instead of him fighting it alone.

Grow up kid
My claim is true, and anyone looking for a 1v1 while someone spawning is a true idiot.
And seeing someone as bad as you speak about pvp really just diminishes this game. I mean lets face it you havent played for months and every person you have ever challenged has beaten you. Thats just what this game needs more people who dont play talking about it.
Please do the community a favor and move on.

M

Malador

My claim is true, and anyone looking for a 1v1 while someone spawning is a true idiot.
And seeing someone as bad as you speak about pvp really just diminishes this game. I mean lets face it you havent played for months and every person you have ever challenged has beaten you. Thats just what this game needs more people who dont play talking about it.
Please do the community a favor and move on.
Your claim might be true however so is mine. My point was your claim makes you a hypocrite given your guildmates wont 1 v 1 either.

I am not sure how you justify your incredible ego but you only barely manage to beat me on a superior gimped out template after a twenty minute fight where I chased you all over yew and not at all on the same template where I killed you in under a minute.

Honestly you weren't even that good at playing a pop shot stealth archer. You were merely persistent.

What the game needs is less unjustified ego maniacs suck as yourself.

J

Janus69

What I fail to understand is these people who never pass up the opportunity to let everyone know how much they love pvp, and how good they are, and how quick they will wtfpwn you 1v1. And yet, they flock to the shard's zerg guild which is almost entirely responsible for wrecking any kind of meaningful and fun pvp, whether it be spawn, field, or 1v1.
I really don't get it. Oh wait, yeah I do. F&@kin d-bag newbs more worried about accumulating pixel lewt and steamrolling groups 1/2 your size while claiming to be the 1337sauce instead of actually pvp'ing. My bad. I shouldn't talk, I'm a born again newb who hasn't cast a spell in righteous pvp anger in over 4 years, and am probably easily pwnable(or should be).
Please disregard.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ahhhh This thread is adorable.

Scrolls dont matter, not anymore atleast. Once the idea that scrolls are not the priority, things will be much better. Its a philosophy im hoping sinks in with my new guildmates. The focus is on the fight itself! I know DC will never let go of their precious spawns, but kill enough of them over and over and it will eventually start to sink in.

Watch out for the Mooses, they will nibble on you like no other!

iamSnippa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I started Ld on legends on my mages Jade/Insomnia with Loish and alchy and I can't remember the other guy after Sir Fatty tried to lay the blame for tons of plus 20 power scrolls disapearing on us.

Truth is Bart used to steal, lie, and cheat just about everyone outside of him,his brother, ivy and her husband.

Pug joined Ld near the end of my 7 year run.

Sadest thing about Bc in general was the general greed of Bart. Everyone knew 80 percent of Bc was a general meat shield for us pvpers and yes Bart compensated us well for being the pvp side of the guild but once I found out just how much he was stealing it made you kinda sick to your stomach.

If you wonder how he was stealing it goes like this. Every champ spawn, Harrower bc did you basicly had like 7 to 8 pvpers at most with like 20 to 30 meat shields. Only bart, ivy her husband, trylla and alchy were allowed to touch the bosses, the PS take on every kill was lied about, Bart and Ultima had a deal going on and would sell. Long story short Bart and his brother who I actually met in rl and god were they fat, both basicly made more rl money than most of you will ever be able to imagine. Both seemed like nice people until you found out what they were doing and then they turned on you in spades.

Funny thing I could never understand is why people believed them when they said we stole stuff from them, yet according to them in the previous 3 month we had supposedly only got a handful of 20 scrolls and yet they told people we took all this ****.
While I wont doubt that JD & Nelson COULD have easily gotten away with cheating the guild, the years that I knew them in UO and WoW, they were nothing like you described.
As far as if they are fat irl, those are just immature jabs at their character, and I really don't think anyone cares. I'm sure at LEAST 33% of uo players are overweight.. by how much varies obviously, and it doesn't matter.

As far as how much money someone makes either from rl work or off selling uo gold or items, that doesn't really matter either. The fact is, there are all sorts of people who work with computers that play UO that make more than you and I will probably ever see. It just doesn't matter, so why do you bring it up?

Also, as far as them being "nice people"... Are you kidding me? JD? Nice? You didn't really know him if you ever thought for a second he was nice. I like the guy, but not because I ever thought he was nice, because I knew he was an evil sob, but not in the way that you describe.

S

SugarSmacks

Your claim might be true however so is mine. My point was your claim makes you a hypocrite given your guildmates wont 1 v 1 either.

I am not sure how you justify your incredible ego but you only barely manage to beat me on a superior gimped out template after a twenty minute fight where I chased you all over yew and not at all on the same template where I killed you in under a minute.

Honestly you weren't even that good at playing a pop shot stealth archer. You were merely persistent.

What the game needs is less unjustified ego maniacs suck as yourself.
Your 1v1 consisted of you summoning 2 vollems and casting on me at the same time. Then you actually complain i run. LOL
The fact is when that fight was over you were dead and your two vollems were dead all by me, thats alot of spells for someone using 60 med in that fight. So yea i had to move. BTW i used no summons or pets.

Your claim of ever killing me 1v1 is funny but hey im sure i can make all sorts of outrageous claims too and someone will believe them. Here comes a 6 year old pic of you killing me when i first made my char LOL!

But i will do the correct thing as should the community at this point with you. I will completly ignore you now and everything you say, as you have turned into a troll for a game you dont play. How proud your parents must be!

S

SugarSmacks

Ahhhh This thread is adorable.

Scrolls dont matter, not anymore atleast. Once the idea that scrolls are not the priority, things will be much better. Its a philosophy im hoping sinks in with my new guildmates. The focus is on the fight itself! I know DC will never let go of their precious spawns, but kill enough of them over and over and it will eventually start to sink in.

Watch out for the Mooses, they will nibble on you like no other!
Scolls stopped mattering after you fed DC 18 straight harrowers
Conj Garbs must have stopped mattering after the night u guys fed me 9 of them.
Im still wondering how you always manage to pop out 25 yellow crystals whenever you want and a GM never investigates you.

I guess if i made a magic way to make items appear i wouldnt care either.

Aeramus

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Puni! I have been gone for a couple years and was thinking about reactivating my accounts. Wondering if EDA and any of old TDR / FS guys play?
Few of My chars:
Silk
old wolf
Mandorallen
Lelldorin

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Eda still plays, and i remember you (mainly because i have a val hammer made weapon fetish and you had quite a collection) lol

Aeramus

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Cetric! Glad people still play UO, I was afraid it had completely died. Most people playing the Classic or Enhanced client now days?

And to be honest, I am not sure if i still have any of my items. I let my accounts close completely and My yew gate house I am sure is gone by now (its been a couple years) and a lot of my items where stored in that house. Whoever watched that fall made out like a bandit.

I am planning to reactivate my accounts this weekend and see who all is on. Not sure what shard to play or what client to use. Any advice is appreciated. Hope to see you all in game soon.

iamSnippa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Cetric! Glad people still play UO, I was afraid it had completely died. Most people playing the Classic or Enhanced client now days?

And to be honest, I am not sure if i still have any of my items. I let my accounts close completely and My yew gate house I am sure is gone by now (its been a couple years) and a lot of my items where stored in that house. Whoever watched that fall made out like a bandit.

I am planning to reactivate my accounts this weekend and see who all is on. Not sure what shard to play or what client to use. Any advice is appreciated. Hope to see you all in game soon.
The classic client is still used by most, especially those who pvp.
It is pretty much impossible (I believe) to seriously do any pvp in the enhanced client at this time.

The enhanced client while you may not be able to pvp in is in my opinion almost superior to the classic client. The macros are FAR better, the ui is far better, the graphics are almost all identical (few exceptions), it is much easier on the eyes (zoom in/out feature), the gameplay window can actually be scaled to match your resolution giving you the ability to see more (like HD tvs), when looting a corpse, you can right click on items and they are automatically moved to your backpack, instead of dragging them (only if you use Grid containers though).

The reasons the enhanced client is no good for pvping are that is has bad crash bugs and severe lag when loading houses. For any farming of monsters though, the enhanced client cannot be beat.

Edit: Oh I forgot, mining and lumberjacking are far better to do in the enhanced client as well due to the superior macros.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The enhanced client is actually really nice for dexer PvP.

The movement is superb. When you run into something that would otherwise block you, it slingshots you around the item automatically.

Also, items like grave stones in the classic client don't even show up to block you in the enhanced client.

Enhanced client is just a pain in the ass to set up, especially if you have a ton of characters. The last time I tried to PvP in EC it was with a dexer/tamer and it took me forever.

The EC is perfect for you for PvP if you meet the following requirements:

1.) Don't have to use a last target macro (shurikens, all kill, etc, etc)
2.) Don't have to cast spells (chiv, mage, necro, myst, anything)
3.) You have a good enough computer to run the client
4.) You play by yourself, or play with others that either also use the EC or otherwise don't need to be in automap

M

Malador

Your 1v1 consisted of you summoning 2 vollems and casting on me at the same time. Then you actually complain i run. LOL
The fact is when that fight was over you were dead and your two vollems were dead all by me, thats alot of spells for someone using 60 med in that fight. So yea i had to move. BTW i used no summons or pets.

Your claim of ever killing me 1v1 is funny but hey im sure i can make all sorts of outrageous claims too and someone will believe them. Here comes a 6 year old pic of you killing me when i first made my char LOL!

But i will do the correct thing as should the community at this point with you. I will completly ignore you now and everything you say, as you have turned into a troll for a game you dont play. How proud your parents must be!

Kraz you a an incredible liar. I mean even though you are terrible at it you do it so easily. First I have never had two vollums on the same character. Second the summon time makes even a single vollum impractical for pvp. Third I never summoned a vollum. Last our most recent 1 v 1 was just that a 1 v 1 and you ran from me over and over again redlined so you could heal yourself and precast again because you could not do both and remain on the same screen. In the end you simply lucked out and got off your gimped out combo before I could redline you and drive you off yet again.

LMAO @ kraz you have pvped with nothing but a pop shot archer up until two years ago so how could I possibly have 6 year old pictures of a mage fight and honestly you have never really pvped with a mage only a mystic.

Here are the only two honest duels you have EVER committed too and even so you complained after this first fight that you were not ready and did not understand the rules although we used the same dueling rules that have been used for years and stated so before the wall was put up

Since you did not like the first fight or its location we moved

Funny that you did much worse in the second fight which lasted about 16 seconds

In the field you were always on a blue and you never flagged unless you had help and then the two of you would stick to the guard zone and stay on one person until you succeeded in killing that person or they got bored and left but occasionally you didnt make it to the guard zone

Everyone knows what you are kraz and I might not be the best player in UO but I was never afraid to fight and die like you are/were.

M

Malador

Scolls stopped mattering after you fed DC 18 straight harrowers
Conj Garbs must have stopped mattering after the night u guys fed me 9 of them.
Im still wondering how you always manage to pop out 25 yellow crystals whenever you want and a GM never investigates you.

I guess if i made a magic way to make items appear i wouldnt care either.
Scrolls have not mattered since long before DC ventured into fel