• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Publish 52 - Complete list

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doom Stealables should also be added to give some of these items a point, also the decorative crafter rewards.
Will the points be per character or shared on an account?
*Salute*
Olahorand

G

Runic fishing poles made with Oak will not return values of 0 any longer

Whee!

J

JoyousGard

You "fix turn-in point" dudes must not be playing enough UO!

I spent a solid 18-24 hours in the special event land. That got me around 100 swords and shields. Now that OP was too long so I didn't read it, but, 100 swords and shields that should be good for at least an alacrity scroll, right?

You guys should get off the boards and play like me. 100 shields and swords!!! Yeah! I am awesome. Gonna be raking in the items now. Look out for this guy!

Just kidding. I am screwed, but this should be good for the "UO as a career" people. Then, of course, the gold buyers can always buy the items they want so we are not all left out.

OP - Tell someone in Fairfax to update the "UO Events 2008" webpage that is not up to date. 2008 is moving on. 8 Months left, one event down, and this one is coming.

Also, are these events the big secret? How was it put? The major cool super-secret fully staffed retro awesome fest that is currently secretly in development? Major let down if it is.

J

JoyousGard

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Suggest for Publish 53 turn-ins-

Suggested Turn-ins:
The excess threads of life and fate at about 1000 per.
Minor artifacts at about 1000 or 2000 per.
"rarity-level" stealables at 100 * Summation of level (100 for level 1, 300 for level 2, 600 for level 3, up to 4500 for level 9)
Smith and tailor rewards (other than cloth) at the point value that they are first available. For example, sturdy tools and stretched hides would be 10 point items, colored sandals would be 150 points, gargoyle picks and prospector tools 200 points, and so on - would encourage filling of lower-end bods to get collection points from turning in low end tools, odd rewards and lower-end crafter powerscrolls.

[/ QUOTE ]Add All marties to that list too, as they are way too many of them already, I have had to throw out about 70 marties in the past year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea. The majority of marties are a waste anyway. Make marties a turn in. It doesn't have to make sense as far as the epically long story arc goes.

F

Fayled Dhreams

Well, again ... looking at the "high-end" ... IF we could just for averagin' sake ... say that a 6 piece set of the armour ...
is "1" desirable item (NOT knowing the future resist/buffs for a set ...)
at 1,200,000 points

To have enough swords and shields 60k ...right?
a second account could possibly hold ... on a dedicated 7x7
"classic" stone and plaster storage 586 (unknown if the ML shows on tool) 4 secure chests allow for 582 S&amp;S
+ 10 vendors at 125 items (skipping cost calc here) allows for 1250 S&amp;S ...
582 + 1250 = 1832
60k / 1832 ... = ....
33 houses to store them ....

Again ... thats just 1 set ...
and, again ... the(mine) 320+ S&amp;S were Mainly acquired from scavenging
not to say that that was "easy", mind ya ... that involved a lot of time just wait'n and hiding
not to mention dieing and ressing and walking back in ...

And, &gt;currently&lt; .... not only is that NOT worth a set of armour ...
heh ! 'tain't worth 15 minutes of random skill gain ...
not even a "lousy" T-shirt ....

hehehehe
yeah .... I did go the distance ... down an uncharted road ... and spawned another 3.5 millio of gp into checks ... and harvested near 100 thousand feathers (after using "who knows" how many, on arrows/bolts on a newbie/scratch archer ... now at 83.? *shrugs*) ... and 2 corrupted cloaks and 2 berserker Scythes (one looted, one in an "instance")

I Guess what I'm "feeling" is .... that looking at ALL items as no more than a lock down count .... a 50 - 1 ratio ...
certainly "feel's" more "Fair" ... 25 - 1 ... looking at it purely as a lockdown ratio ...

Well ...25 - 1 IS a pretty good compression ratio ...

just saying ...

P

Prudentis

So what is one point worth in gold?
The earrings are 10k ... what are they worth in gold?

F

Fayled Dhreams

<blockquote><hr>

So what is one point worth in gold?
The earrings are 10k ... what are they worth in gold?

[/ QUOTE ]

so far ... I'm the only one mentioning a "gp value" ... for the other "collections" its a 15 gp per "point"

and, again I'm the only one mentioning a "lock down ratio" .... 25 - 1 "feels" bout right ...

*shrugs*

I

imported_Skrag

10,000 planeshields to get one piece of (basically worthless) knight armor. Lawl. So glad I didn't waste my time collecting that crap.

G

Thank you for the absolutely fantastic post Draconi, my disappointments with the rewards have been spoken by others already so I won't bother restating. I might be able to scrape together enough points for one piece of armor, but it's going to be with vendor-bought items since the only event I've been around for is the present one -- which, as shown, is pretty much worthless for turn-ins.

Absolutely great post, very informative and the formatting is super-friendly, though.

P

Prudentis

<blockquote><hr>

... for the other "collections" its a 15 gp per "point"

*shrugs*

[/ QUOTE ]
That would mean the value of the earrings to be 150k ... does that sound OK?
don't you think, they will be worth much more in a few months?
I have a berserker's scythe and enough planes to purchase one pair probably.
My question is, since I don't have enough to afford anything else, would it be wiser to just sell my stuff for the gold or purchase the earrings and sell them at a later date for bigger profit?

I

imported_Fran Fury

<blockquote><hr>

PLEASE everyone stop saying that cursed arties are worth too many points!!

For ONCE I've actually got something of value and can participate! I thought I was doing well with my 100+planeshields/swords, how glad i was to see that cursed arties are where its at!

[/ QUOTE ]

Cursed arties and rubble will have to make up the bulk of the points I get as well. I missed the ophidian invasion so I only have a few rations and snake skins that I got afterwards.I think I have 2 journals that I won't be handing in. I have plenty of planeswords and shields but seeing how low they are I will be depending on the high point value of the cursed arties to get a pair of boots or the earrings.Hopefully I can manage both but who knows.
*sad that Sherry the mouse might have to wait*

I

imported_Tina Small

<blockquote><hr>

removed 30 day character age requirement for factions.... i dont get this, thats only encouraging spies, im so confused, wtf???

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you're not the only one. I'm hoping they just waived it temporarily so we can test stuff on TC1. Otherwise it's as if we're taking ten steps backward.

I

imported_Tina Small

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

15 day character age requirement to run in or vote in elections

[/ QUOTE ]

Phew, Draconi, man you had me very worried over the removal of the 30 day requirement removal, and I've frantically posted all over the forums + sent feedback. Had you posted this 10 days ago I would have worried much less.... :)

BTW, I am very curious about the politics change, might even convince me to reopen my account...

[/ QUOTE ]

Aha, that one slipped by me too. I guess that helps a bit. Still think the 30 day requirement needs to come back because people will just plunk new chars in to kill them off to get rank to be able to ride their new war horses.

P

Prudentis

Maybe the devs will include a lable for collectibles next time?
Like on a planeshield: "don't bnother to collect this crap"?
I mean, I was not in the event only for the collectibles, but being able to do ANYTHING with them would have been nice.
Right now, my one scythe, I collected by "accident" is worth three times the points, that the planethingies I was able to gather in two weeks of going in are.
That's kind of ROFLMAO

Smelting those might indeed be the best solution

Screw, the earrings, WTS berserker's scythe on Drachenfels

A

Avalonia

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Cocoa trees are where?

[/ QUOTE ]Ah... moved to a later publish. *runs for it*

[/ QUOTE ]Giving tamer another uber powerful pet was more important I guess

[/ QUOTE ]

They hardly gave us another overpowered pet. This pet will take 3 control slots which makes it hardly usable against anything. You can't use it with a beetle, wyrm, or lesser dragon like you could the mare. I guess you could use it with the nightmare, unicorn, or (whatever the male equivilient of the unicorn is), but unless it has some major badness to it then it is pointless.

G

Well considering I dont have any cursed arties but the few I use and they werent available but that crazy few day time span...

Some will have 100's
Others will have nothing but a handful.

And rememberings its to get rid of stuff. I hope they dont let gold be a turn in value.

Once you do that every item because converted to gold and you lose...

What do I mean? 100 gold for 1 point.
Cursed arty is 5000 points. Cursed arty now sits on vendor for 500k. The value of the gold turn in.

If the REWARD is 40000 it will now sell for 4 million.

Etc Etc.

A

Avalonia

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

So, hang on... To get a full knights armor set you'll need 1,200,000 points, or:
60,000 planeswords/shields or
1200 Mystic Weapons or
160 Berzerker Scythes!?

I'm sorry but ?????????????????????????????

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems in line with the difficulty of the original Clean-Up's phoenix armor.. at 100k points per piece, randomly given.. it was quite a lot of work to imagine getting a complete set. I don't think anything at that time gave nearly so many points either, nothing in the thousands range anyway. Just little 20-100 point increments..

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but those items were player crafted from gathered resources. What you fail to realise is anyone that came late to this event got screwed (which doesn't bode well for newer players). The items from Magnicia were worth a lot more than the items from Moonglow. However, there is still a chance that the arc will play out into more items being pushed out that are turn ins, and there is always a more remote chance that these new tamables will make their way into a new dungeon that has creatures that were present at all of the invasions.

G

For the next turn in please add the following items.

Practice weapons
Moonstones
junka bows

thanks.

G

Well after sorting through my house i found my 130 Ophidian Items i have saved and my box of rubble and my 20 shilds/swords.

With the current list i am at a little over 80k points
a bit dissapointing i did take part of all the events and got items on everyone.

Ah well...

Accepting donations

A

Avalonia

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Shirt: "I saved the day and all I got was this fancy shirt" ... 1,000pts

[/ QUOTE ]

I would offer this shirt for 50 - 100 points, so that those who don't have much of the turn-in-loot can get something.
I have enough stuff to turn in, but I think there are many who don't. One single item for very low points seems fair to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got started to late...I missed the Magnicia invasion because I was off in the World of Warcraft. Now that I came back it seems I am going to get screwed because of the Moonglow items being not really worth getting. Those fallen warriors that always dropped a sword/shield always loved to tear the hell out of my greater dragon too, and no other pet I had came close to standing up to them. It seems like the bandaids that I wasted killing fallen warriors were worth more than the shields/swords and that seems to be a problem. Of course, the event isn't over yet, so maybe more will be added to this list as the event arc continues.

A

Avalonia

<blockquote><hr>

I would like to see Scrolls of Alacrity as a turn in option as well though (I realize they are a reward item). I have a collected a bunch in the past event but really don't have a use for them!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and they are random upon obtaining them through the turn in system. You have as great a chance of getting one for item id, camping, herding, taste id, and etc as you do getting a useful one and even when you get the useful one they are pointless to use on the high end of the skill because there is a good chance you won't gain for 15 minutes anyways. Add that to the fact that most skills that aren't easily gained through play style are easily macroed and you get to the point that these scrolls are even more worthless. I just took lockpicking from 0-100 in 2 days for example and that was without a scroll. Lockpicking used to take 2-3 months. It was one of the reasons I never made a t-hunter back in the day.

G

Oh and by my sig, you can see I payed well for garbage. (hehe)
Life of a merchant.

Ill walk a way with a shirt.

I hope it reads.

"this shirt may not look like much but it cost me 9 million gold in speculation"

P

Prudentis

The only really valuable scroll of alacrity would be for taming. And that is only, if it would actually _assure_ at least one gain in those 15 minutes. Like it is now, it probably just increases the probability of gains, which in the case of ovver GM taming, probably would'n do you any good, because 15 minutes are nothing in taming

I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

It does occur to me, reading the other posts, that we really should be informed if current plans call for these items to keep spawning, somehow, after the Rift closes, or if they are gone for good.

We all know that plans can change, hence the emphasis on current. At least knowing what current planning is could help us plan, and could potentially help us understand stuff like the incredibly low turn-in value for the Planeswords and Planeshields.

-Galen's player

A

Avalonia

<blockquote><hr>

"Harassing the outlying Britannian cities"!!!! Whoa!! All of them?

Oh my my...

[/ QUOTE ]

I of course will be defending Trinsic. I am not sure what they mean by the outlying Britannian cities, but I am willing to guess that it includes every city but Britan. I really hope it doesn't become a jump around fest where you have to follow the main dude as he attacks a different city randomly and you have no clue which city is under attack at any one time.

G

Exceptional report, Drac.

My thoughts:

Very, very nice changes about housing. Long overdue, especially sticking it to those IDOC rogues who use underhanded tactics.

Trade-ins, however, I am rather unhappy about.

Soo.... for all of my chests of Ophidian Stuff (like 100 items, mind), I can MAYBE get a campy shirt, if I'm lucky... but picking up one gold soveriegn during the mouse-hunt would net me over 10 times that? Looks like your giving a big, big wedgie to us after we've been clamoring for something to do with the ophidian stuff for well over a year now. Screw that, I'm gonna keep my ophidian stuff in the hope that will appreciate as a collectors item than concede to this insult.

Frankly, some of these things are REAL bullspit. Items available just a few months back seem to be worth a hell of a lot more than items we've been hoarding for years (hoarding, mind you, because the dev team swore up and down they WERE gonna do something with them. Yes, they finally made good on that, but I think we deserve MUCH more for our patience).

Finally, these turn-in premiums seem AWFUL high. Doing some quick figuring of my inventory, I see that even if I turned in everything I had that applied, and doubled it, I still couldnt get ONE Knight Armor piece.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Threads of life and fate still invisible in KR client.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this CAN'T be that hard to fix.

Friggin swap it for the thread graphic. Or a bacon graphic. A gaddamn jpeg of Max Baer Jr. SOMETHING.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Cocoa trees are where?

[/ QUOTE ]Ah... moved to a later publish. *runs for it*

[/ QUOTE ]Giving tamer another uber powerful pet was more important I guess

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh. I was trying to be nice since we actually received a quick (though disappointing) response for a change. How many more YEARS we're supposed to be patient for new plants to grow?

I

imported_Skrag

But there's gonna be Vanguard Controllers! I bet those will be awesome!

I mean, I won't actually see one since they'll be completely buried under a million tame super dragons as soon as they spawn. And I won't really have much chance of killing once since they'll have the insane damage and health required to be competetive against the million tame super dragons. And the sword and shield they're supposed to have are more banksitter fodder not worth equipping for actual combat.

But hey, at least the downtrodden tamers get a new uber pet. I was feeling bad for those guys, being so underpowered and all. Man, I wish WoW would finish maintenance already.

I

imported_Ozymandies

Aren't the blades and shields going to be in the next round of turn-ins?

The rewards will still be available, so figure on building the knight suit throughout the war/event.

OZ

G

Well the turn in exchange rate seems pretty high on alot of that stuff. Guess I can maybe get a shirt or two. Should probably lower the points some. Just my opinion.

I

imported_tek

So let’s see if I turn in every cursed arti I got which is around 40 I can get 1 piece of knights armour, wow.

And I’m sure glad that it’s been worth holding onto this ophidian stuff for 2 years, that chest of rations really paid off.

I do hope there will be some adjustment to these points.

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everything about the publish is good...
except the turn-in/claim points.
--------------------------------------

I have to agree, I have tons of stuff, and I am a casual player.....but the armors well out reach, and even when it is scored by die-hard players, it will sell for millions and millions......

This point system is not geared for the majority, but for the few and the gold BUYERS.(may sell my high point items)

The rest of the publish is looking great though, especially the idoc rules.
About time.

G

I've only been hoarding this last event as I was out of game for the other ones... less than 1 secure of the current bits won't get me a whole lot lol. I stupidly didn't think the turn-in ratio would be so high, I thought I'd have too much if I kept going. Whoops!

I hope the current points are changed significantly, as few players will have enough to even claim 1 of the higher end items, let alone enough for themselves and to sell on to others. It's nice to have rare things, but we shouldn't need an entire 18x18 stuffed with items, just to get a full set.

Otherwise I love the rest of the publish, I just want to be testing it yesterday

Wenchy

I

imported_Nestorius

<blockquote><hr>

Saying “I wish to resize my house” demolishes your house as though you’d used that option from the house sign

[/ QUOTE ]

Really dumb idea if saying those simple words causes all your stuff to unlock and unsecure and fall to the ground. It should only be possible from the sign. It would be too easy to trick and grief people, especially newbs.

G

I'll be struggling to get my first choice. The Rat statue that will, hopefully, spout event news when it is happaning. Any dreams of putting togather a suit of the Knight armor is... just that... a dream. I don't think they'd be able to lower the point requirements or raise the points received from turn-ins enough for me to obtain a suit anyway.

My houses are continually maxed out from the previous 9 years. When the ophie items came around I had no room, so I didn't bother. I don't power game. I've gotten a few Power-Mystic weapons, about 5 each of Pyros &amp; Vorpals, and less than 7 cursed artis, I got some rubble but that was for deco (not for trading in, I left alot of un-usable rubble for others), maybe 20 of each swords/shields. On a side note, I've not received any: Berserker Scythes, Cloak of Curruption(from the events I've spent a decent amount of time in, that is).

I don't think the first round of Clean up Brittania was to introduce rares, it was to do OSI a favor by cleaning up the amount of data taken up by unused items which would soon need to be thrown away because of the introduction of house storage limits. Quite a bit of these items will end up being rare.

Knowing that I did not choose to attend all events nor packrat items away, I've lowered my expectations of rewards to just one Rat Statue. I've love the suit, but oh well...

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I admit this publish looks awesome. I'm gonna reactivate my account today and have a look at the current stuff and wait for the upcoming patch.

G

eeek i never even thought of that *makes mental note never tell anyone of the housedemolition rule inside your own house !!!, HEH*

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
seriously i think some of you lost your mind.

this turn in and clean up is a joke compared to what we had years ago when the items we recieved were actually worth it and useful. like item bless deeds, that was a cool clean up britannia thing. this is a joke.

who the crap has 200,000 of any of these items? lol

if so go find a short peer, take a real long walk.

G

The main thing here is there isn't any low end and high end rewards, they are all what would be considered high end. There should be stuff way down at the bottom with point values of like 100 and 250 so that you can turn in ophidian rations and realistically get something.

And the high end stuff is a little too out of reach. Unless you have Inavlis's Burchete you are out of luck unless you collected hundreds of cursed artifacts or Berserker Scythes. Even if you are one of the 5 people on your shard lucky enough to get Inavlis's Burchete you would have to have a screw loose to turn in such a rare item for stuff that is going to be more common.

In short, there needs to be perhaps double the rewards currently being offered. Half in the low end, another half in the medium. You need ones with point values of 50, 100, 250, 500, 2,000, 5,000, 100,000, etc. Also Scroll of Alactiry at 25,000 points? That is a complete mis-appropriation of points. Skill gain is already easy enough, who is going to spend points on getting something like that. It should probably be one of the 500 point options. Higher if you can select the exact scroll type.

D

Daren Athlorn

So far, in summary the major problems I can see are...

1. “I wish to resize my house” gives no prompt or confirmation, all your stuff unlocks etc...

2. You get trapped underneath the house when placed, so do items and creatures, they aren't relocated outside the house as per usual.

3. Moongates still block house placement. (be careful with this since messing with moongates too much can be bad for exploits :p )

4. Turn in rewards need a tweak on several levels. Journals to be worth ALOT more, lower point items need to be worth more, cursed artis and gold crowns are a bit too high in points, although they will be more in line if the lower point items are raised. Also Ophidian items may be a bit undervalued points wise in general, in comparison with the newer items that get favoritism.

xxmoondancerxx

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Changes:
15 day character age requirement to place or trade a house
(I was very happy to see this!)

Water barrels/magic fields/etc will no longer block house placementIDOC behavior (houses that collapse through decay)
(This was the best especially for all you stinkin barrel placers and casters bah ha on you!)

When an IDOC drops, housing cannot be placed on the lot for a random amount of time
(I think this is fair but what makes the devs think someone isnt standing by to drop a plot once the *random* time is up?)

Items that drop from the IDOC will have protections against scripted looting
(What kind of protections? Are we not able to free loot?)

House placement tool will have a cooldown if used too many times in a given time period
(Cool down?)

Must now wait one hour after building a home before demolishing it (previously 15 minutes)
(1 hr or 15mins i really dont see the difference here) but okay!

Interesting info for IDOCers I suppose....How do you IDOCers feel about this publish I am wondering?

G

Gruster

It's hard to comment on trade in values when the 6 piece Knight's armor set is so much more than the rest and their future set mods are unknown. Also, unknown is whether the community collections will be ongoing and if other items will be added to support ongoing contributions.

If the set mods are such that the armor is highly desirable for everyday use, ala vine cord sandals, then the current turn in values mean the armor will eventually also be duped and, like vine cords, be limited availability to dupers and their customers.

Otoh, if the set mods are limited to slight boost for the event and the armor set is otherwise deocorative, I'm pretty much ok with the turn in values and rewards.

I do wish they had bumped the boots to make them viable alternatives to vine cords. Although it does not directly hurt the dupers now, it will make future sales of supposedly rare items more difficult once customers believe the devs don't like duped stuff.

I

imported_Skrag

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Saying “I wish to resize my house” demolishes your house as though you’d used that option from the house sign

[/ QUOTE ]

Really dumb idea if saying those simple words causes all your stuff to unlock and unsecure and fall to the ground. It should only be possible from the sign. It would be too easy to trick and grief people, especially newbs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Come on Draconi, I know adding stuff to this heap of undocumented spaghetti code isn't easy, but a speech command instead of a menu button for something like this is just clownshoes.