• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Publish 52 - Complete list

I

imported_Chrome

In TC1

I transfered 1 Ophidian Ration amd 8 stacked Ophidian Rations for Calaid.
I got 2 tickets, but these tickets are written "10pts"[old point system].
I think that they should be written "10pts" and "80pts".

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
CATHATTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!

Yeah, Makiko has made it into UO! Stay tuned for the rest of you guys

The rest of you guys???? I have a bad feeling about that....*Imagines CatHat popping up as an NPC somewhere* Turn in CatNip for a super coolio reward....*laughs*

I

imported_Wiseguy

Draconi,

when's the turn-in for obsidian swords and chaos shields being introduced?

G

Someone needs to sneak in and recode that new horse tameable into a feline mount, with an optional hat tilted at a jaunty angle
I love my equine friends, but nothing would look cooler than leading my cat pack from the top of a big cat hehe. Now I think that would be a decent NPC version of CatHat

Wenchy

angelus aconitum

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

In TC1

I transfered 1 Ophidian Ration amd 8 stacked Ophidian Rations for Calaid.
I got 2 tickets, but these tickets are written "10pts"[old point system].
I think that they should be written "10pts" and "80pts".

[/ QUOTE ]

The system seems not to be able to see how many items are in the stack of Ophidian Rations. If you mouse over a stack of rations, then you will not see any number of items in the stack. Only if you pull them away, you can choose how many rations you want of the stack.
So ...... that means we have to do them all one by one and get a load of 100 point tickets to turn in, hehehe. I only have 400-450 rations, but I have read there are some with over 1000 rations. That will be a pain to turn them all in

!!!! Just saw the new update for the Test Center !!!!

They accept now stacks of 1, 10, or 100 rations

G

# RBG Sashes

* "Royal Britannia Guard

* One color per Virtue/Town

Which color is associated with what town? Is there a list somewhere?

I

imported_Chrome

Thanks!
I confirmed it.
"Rations must be submitted in stacks of 1, 10, or 100"
And point system is updated.

But Cleaning ticket of a slippery snake skin is "400pts" [A small place].

G

And Ophidian Journals are still worth less than the FAR more common Ophidian Orders.

D

Daren Athlorn

One thing I noticed, the Knights Armor can be enhanced with ingots.

Is this intended? The resists are much better with a fully enhanced suit (almost all 70's)

D

Daren Athlorn

<blockquote><hr>

That sounds a bit risky.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, it was!

I had to create 4 or 5 characters to get a full set enhanced, I broke pieces 8/10 times. Although thats only with 120 smithing, I'm guessing 180 with an ASH would be more reliable.

I

imported_DarkVoid

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

When resizing a house, will you get a moving crate in the new house or do you need to clear it out first?

[/ QUOTE ]Clear it out first. It acts just like Demolish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Draconi, I don't see why it should act just like Demolish.

Resizing the house should put all items into a moving crate for a few reasons but the #1 reason is this:

Number of Game Masters who will quit over the number of requests from players that will be complaining about items they've 'lost'.

The #2 reason is this:

Loyal, paying customers play to play UO and own a house on their account yet you're telling them they have to risk losing all their stuff if this is the only account they own?

You're making an account bound zone that only the account player can place in, why wouldn't failure to replace mean that the customer would be able to get their old place back, and have a moving crate that holds all their items.

This is a very big change to the housing system you're implementing, and housing security has always been top priority for players and the EA/Mythic Dev Team. Now, please rewrite the TC code to reflect account security.

Cheers ...

DarkVoid

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, moving crates are tied to the house, they are not tied to the account. It wouldn't just be a 'simple' change to the code. You are removing the house.

Secondly, what does this have anything to do with security?

Finally, what I want to see....is the command 'I would like to resize my house' and then a gump box would pop up showing you what size housing plots would fit in the current area, you select one, and it places it.

[/ QUOTE ]

And your house's contents gets dumped under the house sign of the new plot, unlocked. If they can code in an area bound to the placement account, they can do the moving crate bound to that area and therefore the placement account as well.

It doesn't even have to be the house customization moving crate. It just has to be a crate only the owner can access while they upgrade their house spot.

They could call it a house relocation crate, that at least would be accurate.

Properties of this crate:

Can hold up to the entire contents of a castle, and is attached to the owning account. Cost per real world day will come out of the character who activated the account, say 10k/hour or part thereof. 240k/day means they will therefore not wish to keep their belongings in this crate for too long. Does not hold any item looted or stolen within the past hour.

Is capable of holding the packing crate's contents, but does not hold the packing crate itself - you're demolishing your house and replacing it, this therrefore takes whatever the old plot had, and whatever the old plot's packing crate would've dumped on the ground.

Because this is a house relocation crate, the owner has a 14-day time period in which to remove all items from this crate, or their posessions will get dumped out under the house sign.

They should add a 14-day cooling off period which expires when the house relocation crate dumps any remaining contents on ground, in which the house owner cannot reuse the house relocation option. This is to prevent exploitation of the house relocation crate's ability to hold house contents.

It would otherwise work like the relocate moving crate option, and it's tied into the character's context menu, the spot being upgraded, and the successful replacement of a bigger house.

Cheers ...

DarkVoid

G

I gotta agree.
Also it should be able to be done with vendors in the house.

I

imported_Skrag

RTLFC

So you have to turn in your ten-thousand swords or whatever one at a time? And in return you get ten-thousand tickets?

...LOL!

G

<blockquote><hr>

So you have to turn in your ten-thousand swords or whatever one at a time? And in return you get ten-thousand tickets?

[/ QUOTE ]
No. But you can turn them in if you desire.

( after all, you picked them up one at a time, so it shouldn't be any harder to turn them in one at a time :) )

G

I liked the system with the ToT where when you walk up to the guy a gump appeared saying "hey! gimmie!"

G

*thinks it over*

You know, we have a lot of very similar ways of doing trades to NPCs - quest item marking, collection donations, gimme-stuff gump, drop-on-to-activate, buy/sell gumps ... but on some level they are really all trying to accomplish the sake task: select stuff from your backpack to give up. Although I did like that system you mentioned, my sense of minimization-of-complexity would likely lend towards designing a generalization of the buy/sell gump that could also be used for collections, showing the "sell" value in points.

G

The best hand in was the very first Clean Up Brit.
You made a trash can in your house and dumped everything init.

No tickets. It acculmilated and I think you could even access your points via the trash can as well.

I

imported_lady michelle

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

When resizing a house, will you get a moving crate in the new house or do you need to clear it out first?

[/ QUOTE ]Clear it out first. It acts just like Demolish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Draconi, I don't see why it should act just like Demolish.

Resizing the house should put all items into a moving crate for a few reasons but the #1 reason is this:

Number of Game Masters who will quit over the number of requests from players that will be complaining about items they've 'lost'.

The #2 reason is this:

Loyal, paying customers play to play UO and own a house on their account yet you're telling them they have to risk losing all their stuff if this is the only account they own?

You're making an account bound zone that only the account player can place in, why wouldn't failure to replace mean that the customer would be able to get their old place back, and have a moving crate that holds all their items.

This is a very big change to the housing system you're implementing, and housing security has always been top priority for players and the EA/Mythic Dev Team. Now, please rewrite the TC code to reflect account security.

Cheers ...

DarkVoid

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, moving crates are tied to the house, they are not tied to the account. It wouldn't just be a 'simple' change to the code. You are removing the house.

Secondly, what does this have anything to do with security?

Finally, what I want to see....is the command 'I would like to resize my house' and then a gump box would pop up showing you what size housing plots would fit in the current area, you select one, and it places it.

[/ QUOTE ]

And your house's contents gets dumped under the house sign of the new plot, unlocked. If they can code in an area bound to the placement account, they can do the moving crate bound to that area and therefore the placement account as well.

It doesn't even have to be the house customization moving crate. It just has to be a crate only the owner can access while they upgrade their house spot.

They could call it a house relocation crate, that at least would be accurate.

Properties of this crate:

Can hold up to the entire contents of a castle, and is attached to the owning account. Cost per real world day will come out of the character who activated the account, say 10k/hour or part thereof. 240k/day means they will therefore not wish to keep their belongings in this crate for too long. Does not hold any item looted or stolen within the past hour.

Is capable of holding the packing crate's contents, but does not hold the packing crate itself - you're demolishing your house and replacing it, this therrefore takes whatever the old plot had, and whatever the old plot's packing crate would've dumped on the ground.

Because this is a house relocation crate, the owner has a 14-day time period in which to remove all items from this crate, or their posessions will get dumped out under the house sign.

They should add a 14-day cooling off period which expires when the house relocation crate dumps any remaining contents on ground, in which the house owner cannot reuse the house relocation option. This is to prevent exploitation of the house relocation crate's ability to hold house contents.

It would otherwise work like the relocate moving crate option, and it's tied into the character's context menu, the spot being upgraded, and the successful replacement of a bigger house.

Cheers ...

DarkVoid

[/ QUOTE ]Moving crate option scares me. You go to resize your house, everything goes in the moving crate. You place the new plot no moveing crate with your stuff in it, because it went poof when you sized your house. I would like to see is an option to send everything to the owners (name on the house sign)bankbox in a crate.your on the house owner and you say I wish to send all my stuff to the my bank. Then once you resize you have so many days to empty that crate, in your bank box or lose the items. would work like when you transfer to another shard, and have so many days to get your stuff out transfer crate.

UOaddict21

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please let us choose which Alacrity scroll we want. It's not like they are 2,000 points, they're 20,000. They're not even overpowering. Only fifteen minutes of having your normal skill gain raised.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Please let us choose which Alacrity scroll we want. It's not like they are 2,000 points, they're 20,000. They're not even overpowering. Only fifteen minutes of having your normal skill gain raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree with you. It would suck wasting 20,000 points on a skill no one uses. They should either let us pick or lower there points down so if you get a dumb one you can still get more and maybe get one you want.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

The system seems not to be able to see how many items are in the stack of Ophidian Rations. If you mouse over a stack of rations, then you will not see any number of items in the stack. Only if you pull them away, you can choose how many rations you want of the stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

this behavior seems to be like the same bug, which hits some older stacks of Sea Serpent Scales - which you can pull out in separate stacks, but never stack together again.
*Salute*
Olahorand

G

Gonna test this tonight if someone hasn't already. Will try
turning in a stack of rations and see what happens.

G

<blockquote><hr>

And Ophidian Journals are still worth less than the FAR more common Ophidian Orders.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im keeping my journals. Not worth the turn in.

I

imported_Sirion

Dear Devs,

Are we getting this publish on Friday??

Getting impatient la

Thanks la
Your Subscriber la

(la is spoken!)

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Do they not believe us or do they not care? This one continues to baffle me.

angelus aconitum

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe they do not want that we turn them in ? Maybe they will have a better use in the future ? I will hold my 3 Ophidian Journals, because I collect books, so I don't care if they give low points

G

Update #4<ul>[*]Slippery Snake Skins<ul>[*]Corrected value on chart, worth 400pts[/list][*]Knight's Armor<ul>[*]Publish 53: Becomes a set of 6 pieces with additional bonuses<ul>[*]All 70's Resists[/list]<ul>[*]HP: +12[/list]<ul>[*]HP Regen: 2[/list]<ul>[*]Mana Regen: 2[/list]<ul>[*]DCI: 10%[/list]<ul>[*]HCI: 10%[/list][/list][/list]

G

<blockquote><hr>

Update #4<ul>[*]Slippery Snake Skins<ul>[*]Corrected value on chart, worth 400pts[/list][*]Knight's Armor<ul>[*]Publish 53: Becomes a set of 6 pieces with additional bonuses<ul>[*]All 70's Resists[/list]<ul>[*]HP: +12[/list]<ul>[*]HP Regen: 2[/list]<ul>[*]Mana Regen: 2[/list]<ul>[*]DCI: 10%[/list]<ul>[*]HCI: 10%[/list][/list][/list]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very nice!

-Skylark

G

Will the full set glow a more neon white? I want to look like a beam of light!

I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

That is a decent suit.

Not great, though. Unless it has some yet untold property, you may want to consider making it even a little easier to get? Just a bit?

A complaint? No, not at all, just an observation.

Thanks much for the information; UO Guide is now updated. The information was critical for us to determine if the suit was worth getting to use or not.

Thanks again!

-Galen's player

G

Actually I have to say it's a good suit, just needs a little help, a couple of good pieces of jewelry for added HCI/DCI/DI/etc, a Cincture, and for those who need them the earrings.

A good weapon and/or shield and maybe the quiver for archers.

It ended up a LOT better than my initial assessment... thankfully. I THOUGHT 42 resists and a few HP was too weak to even be mentionable. The new mods are MUCH better... I can see me working with those,.

G

Gruster

Agreed, unless there are some other desirable properties, does not seem worth even the reduced prices.

To level set, fey leggings, one HCI artie (20 cursed spirit of the totems instead of one piece Knight's armor) and 4 barb/horned kit pieces all 70's is very doable. Need 70ish resists on the crafted pieces, but this is possible with additional mods. Plus the crafted/artie suit is med friendly. Not sure if the Knight's armor is.

Not complaining either, I don't have a problem with any turn ins or rewards. Looking forward to getting some earrings for my humans. Just pointing out that equivalent or better functionality to Knight armor is imho more easily accomplished otherwise.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Armor is ok, honestly, for the point value, you can sell the stuff for turn in and get a better suit, with all 70's.

G

Certainly the suit would be fine for a shame run or basic pvm, so definitely better than the original mods. Obviously, we all have much better suits already on our characters so it won't see a ton of use during combat. However, if we recall the first clean up brittania, the Phoenix armor set had very low mods, it was for decoration only, and yet those suits go for 150m easily. It will be collectible and worn often while not in combat situations methinks (rp events, auctions, meetings, banks, crafting, etc., just like phoenix or ranger). It is far more capable than the aforementioned suits though, so again, it COULD be used. With the aforementioned collectible sets, one would die to a simple orc.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

ok now iam confused again.

If this system will NEVER be turned off, then whats the point of creating these sytems? Why even bother creating 4 new NPCs why not just add items to the current library systems? The whole idea behind this is to offer something limited or at least thats what I thought.

[/ QUOTE ]Sorry for the confusion. It *will* be turned off. Just not in Pub 53. Some things will be made available outside the collections, etc.

Some items, like the Ophidian rations and Snake skins, are gaining actual uses in 53, and thus will continue to spawn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will the skins and ration still ONLY spawn on the reds ones?

M

mmmbeer05

how about the armor having resists such as .. 70/85/70/85/70 ?!?!?!?

G

I wouldn't go that far, but a vet reward cloak (or robe, but should probably count only one) and a pair of Swamp Boots with the suit should be able to give 73/70/70/72/70

But that's just me.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

ok now iam confused again.

If this system will NEVER be turned off, then whats the point of creating these sytems? Why even bother creating 4 new NPCs why not just add items to the current library systems? The whole idea behind this is to offer something limited or at least thats what I thought.

[/ QUOTE ]Sorry for the confusion. It *will* be turned off. Just not in Pub 53. Some things will be made available outside the collections, etc.

Some items, like the Ophidian rations and Snake skins, are gaining actual uses in 53, and thus will continue to spawn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will the skins and ration still ONLY spawn on the reds ones?

[/ QUOTE ]
There are no red ones. They will spawn on the reggo colored ones. Only on Origin atm moment but coming to a shard near you.

I

imported_Sirion

Thanks for the armors! I think it's quite balanced, certainly not overpowered. Please dont make it mage armor. Now my warrior can finally wear real plate armors and not feeling ashamed in leather armorz!

(hopefully they are also 100%~50% Lower Requirement?)

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just noticed they changed them to 2,500 points a piece now