• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Publish 52 - Complete list

A

Avalonia

<blockquote><hr>

No, just located a SL, waited for someone to start thumping on them, in both of my cases, member(s) of opposing Guilds/Factions. Cast ARM, then wait for them to finish it off.

Some might consider this lame. But I see it as fair exchange for items they "borrowed" in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see it as playing the game as designed.

I

imported_Skrag

RTLFC

Upon reflection, I realize that it's a nice enough publish. I just don't need anything anymore. A verbal command that instantly blows up your house is clownshoes though.

Just go find someone who doesn't scour Stratics and isn't that well-informed, and tell them the resizing is an on-the-fly thing that doesn't demolish the old house. I mean that's what it sounds like, a resizing, not a demolition and replacement. They say the magic words, no gump or anything pops up, and blam. Some guy is packing up their loot before they know what hit them. Odds are the victim quits the game more or less instantly.

A

Avalonia

<blockquote><hr>

RTLFC

Upon reflection, I realize that it's a nice enough publish. I just don't need anything anymore. A verbal command that instantly blows up your house is clownshoes though.

Just go find someone who doesn't scour Stratics and isn't that well-informed, and tell them the resizing is an on-the-fly thing that doesn't demolish the old house. I mean that's what it sounds like, a resizing, not a demolition and replacement. They say the magic words, no gump or anything pops up, and blam. Some guy is packing up their loot before they know what hit them. Odds are the victim quits the game more or less instantly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you miss all the posts Draconi has made after the initial one?

1) Housing resizing changes are being held for P53 so they can test the changes more thoroughly.
2) You do get a warning that all of your items will be released and your house demolished if you resize your home.
3) You can only say the magic words under the house sign (and nowhere else) to make the house go boom.

I

imported_Rivi

PS I really do feel like the sword/shields that people have been collecting should be worth more than 100 pts, Aldo the copper and silver pieces too should be more although we threw out a bag or two filled with copper quite awhile ago.

At this rate it would still take 100 shields/swords to get a 10k reward. For those of us who have to go to work or school, it is hard to get tons and tons of these for an armor piece ...1000 swords/shields for one of those...eeek!

And I am from the camp that if we don't want an item based game then we need to make all items from an event such as this one obtainable by the "average player"... just my two cents....

*anxiously awaits cool new storyline and new items*

I

imported_Loquacious Wrath

I don't think anyone can claim what "average" gameplay is. If you don't have the time to devote to a monthly subscription MMO, why even pay/play? I think this game needs more items, more house tiles and more monsters. Its the people that need to stop hoarding and let go of the least important items to make room for the new ones.

I read somehwere that you could have 6000 lockdowns in a 18x18 house with extra storage? That is more than enough space IMO.

I am looking forward to the attention house resizing is getting. I am most grateful.

I

imported_Vyrquenox

Please add the trammel, and felucca moonstones to the turn in list. My UO Hubby wont throw them out. This is the only way I will be able to get rid of them. I plan on getting rid off all his weapons that are on the list. (While Im typing this he is probley hiding all the weapons on boats). I even made up a song Oh Happy Days Oh Happy Days kiss all your weapons goodbye when publish 52 its the live shards.
--------------------------------------------------
you, milady, are the same insane cackling westernly oriented pagan that flew in off her broom and threw out my father's baseball cards including a lou gherig rookie because they took up space. If you throw out EVERY SINGLE ONE you are insane. Everybody is going to keep at least one of everything. What do you need room for that requires you to throw out to the last every mystic katana and vorpal blade? Cupcakes? You are both insulting and just plain offensive 'oh i'm going to throw out all your weapons!' Then you'll probably blame him for it in a year when vorpal blades are worth a reasonable amount. Throwing out all his weapons. Psycho hose beast, Wayne!

if this 'uo husband' reads this, I suggest you find something she collects and sell it all to an npc for ale money, because, as you can say, whatever it is is stupid.

G

lol this is why I love to read these boards

---

Draconi, there has been some speculation over the new Dread (War)Horse, whether it will be more Faction Warhorse or Nightmare, or a combination, and if these mounts will be usable only by Faction members. Can you let that information slip? Will these mounts be a "Factions incentive," or will they be usable by everyone?

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I read somehwere that you could have 6000 lockdowns in a 18x18 house with extra storage? That is more than enough space IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]
thats wrong - as much storage you can only get with a castle + 40%.
Use the house placement tool and check the 18x18 - you could do the math yourself.
*Salute*
Olahorand

I

imported_lady michelle

<blockquote><hr>

Please add the trammel, and felucca moonstones to the turn in list. My UO Hubby wont throw them out. This is the only way I will be able to get rid of them. I plan on getting rid off all his weapons that are on the list. (While Im typing this he is probley hiding all the weapons on boats). I even made up a song Oh Happy Days Oh Happy Days kiss all your weapons goodbye when publish 52 its the live shards.
--------------------------------------------------
you, milady, are the same insane cackling westernly oriented pagan that flew in off her broom and threw out my father's baseball cards including a lou gherig rookie because they took up space. If you throw out EVERY SINGLE ONE you are insane. Everybody is going to keep at least one of everything. What do you need room for that requires you to throw out to the last every mystic katana and vorpal blade? Cupcakes? You are both insulting and just plain offensive 'oh i'm going to throw out all your weapons!' Then you'll probably blame him for it in a year when vorpal blades are worth a reasonable amount. Throwing out all his weapons. Psycho hose beast, Wayne!

if this 'uo husband' reads this, I suggest you find something she collects and sell it all to an npc for ale money, because, as you can say, whatever it is is stupid.

[/ QUOTE ] Yes Im a Evil Witch !!! I even spent tonight securing bags down engraved with weapons that are being turned in and went thru his fel keep found them all. he kept saying you seriously turning them all in. I told him Im busy looking for them, but After making him sweat for awhile. Just before he was going to log I told him will go thru them, and turn the bad ones in first. I don't plan on turning them all in, but of course I have to mess with him. One time I clean his 18 by 18 out while he didnt have internet access. When he came back our friend Ara icqed him told him that I had a house clearing out day, and thanked him for the stuff. I wish I could of been there to see his face when he logged in and there was nothing in his 18 by 18. Icqed me WHERES MY STUFF WITCH!!!!! I also can be very nice by giving him 2 keeps that friends and I placed. because he is a pack rat saves everything. even plant seeds 3 chest full.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Please add the trammel, and felucca moonstones to the turn in list.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would prefer to see their former functionality restored.
*Salute*
Olahorand

I

imported_lady michelle

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

*Salute*
Olahorand

[/ QUOTE ] Same here

angelus aconitum

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

*Salute*
Olahorand

[/ QUOTE ] Same here

[/ QUOTE ]

I would love to see them in full function again

G

I would probably be divorced if I did what you do. I seriously cannot fathom it even though it's just pixels, they are his pixels. Meh.

I

imported_feath

Big hearts! I LOVE the new publish! Thanks to Dev's for listening, and more important, huge thanks for doing these!
The house placement/idoc's are my favorite updates - *huggles*
The turn in points for the clean up could use a little tweaking, but I'm sure that's in the works still. I'm happy with the turn in items (mouse hole! oh, MUST HAVE!)...
The only question I have (and i hope the dev's are reading this far into the thread) is if the tickets are bound to the account, or if you can give/sell them. This would help balance out those players who have no turn ins, with those who do.

And lastly, the new music. Will it be available on gears for dawns music box?

My thanks to the dev team on this publish. The fruits of many months of work is becoming visible to the players, and I for one am tipping my hat.

G

I love the new publish also and want to say thanks. I was also wondering if we turn in the items for tickets can they be used to get the new stuff in publish 53 or if you can only get the new stuff with the new turn in items. I am really excited about the mouse hole. Is there anyway you can give us a hint to about how many points we will need for it.

angelus aconitum

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would it be possible to keep up the target cursor when I have targetted a ticket ? It should work like with the bods, so that the target cursor does not dissappear. Right now you have to click on that blue gem everytime you want to donate a ticket.

And can anyone tell me if I get a ticket with 200 points if I drop 2 stacked ophidian rations onto that soldier ? When the rations are stacked they do not show the actual number in the stack. I can only tell how many they are by dragging them out of the container.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

my 18x18 is in a spot big enough for a keep...it holds 6000 items...I want to resize...where do I put 6000 items while I do that????

[/ QUOTE ]

2500 + 40% is not 6000.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, still wonder, why the 15 days limit applies to the character age instead of the account age or the trial status of the account.
So a new char on my 11 years old account cannot place. Makes no sense in the context of needing a house with a certain owner name immediatly (RPG comes in mind) or help somebody to place/transfer (a condemned) a home on another shard, where no own char existed. Seems the tool does not even put the plot up for testing the house sizes here.
Again: You are limiting paying players to target the abuse of unpaid accounts. This should be done better.

Resize: Why cant a resize be done with the current plot instead of demolishing first? The handling of all the stored items is still an issue in such situations for everyone, who has his house longer than a few weeks. (I just emptied a castle on Drachenfels preparing it for sale and with all the storage + accounts I have I had real difficulties to keep what I wanted to keep.)

Collections:
Will the points be accumulated per character or per account? Is it the same broken ergonomy which makes it somewhat impossible and boring to do the community collections manually? (I would really hate to move each copper coin into the main backpack and mark it as quest item.)
Or will it work more like the ToT hand in?
Or even a better method?

*Salute*
Olahorand

C

Connor_Graham

RTLFC

Wow! I sure missed a lot yesterday.

I just got done reading the entire thread, so let me get this straight....

1. People that were complaining that the rewards were crap complained so much once the point system was announced that now the point system has changed so that some items are worth more for turn in value and some rewards have had their purchase value lowered so now they can get more crap.

2. Possibility of nightsight earrings being blessed and snake skin boots have resists raised &amp; possibly having additional resists added.

3. Housing changes pushed back to Pub 53 because of changes to how it will work and for further testing.

4. Ophidian Rations being added as regular drops for future turn in use.

Did I miss anything?

*goes off to count the over 60 Berserker Scythes to see exactly how many of them are actually in that chest....*

G

Not having any hand in on test shard i cant check this.....
if you donate at one hand in station then hand in more at another station are they accumulated or only used for the items those two hand ins give?

angelus aconitum

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Not having any hand in on test shard i cant check this.....
if you donate at one hand in station then hand in more at another station are they accumulated or only used for the items those two hand ins give?

[/ QUOTE ]

I had to hunt in T2A for Ophidian Rations and Snake Skins.

And to your question: For every single item you give to the soldier you will get a ticket. So for an Ophidian ration you will get a ticket with 100 points on it. For the next Ophidian ration you will get another ticket with 100 points ...... and so on. These tickets you will have to turn in into the community collection. There is a coloured metal chest beside one of those turn in soldiers, that's the community collection box. Double click it and you will get a menue, just like with the other community collections.

So for example I have 400+ Ophidian Rations. That means I have to pull 400+ times a single Ophidian Ration out of the stack and hand it to the soldier. Then I will have 400+ tickets.
Now, to get a reward, I have to turn in those 400+ tickets into the community collection box, by clicking on the blue gem from the collection box, target the ticket, then clicking again on the blue gem, clicking on the next ticket ...... 400+ times.

G

Are all these changes active? How do we get hand-in items to try out the new stuff?

Are the vanguard controllers in?

Obsidian Blade
Hit Life Leech: 10%
Hit Stamina Leech: 20%
Hit Chance Increase: 20%
Armor Ignore: 1%

This seems fairly week - How about make them like the redeemer - they cant be repaired, but armour ignore is say, 50% or even higher. That way they're useful - so you can use them OR trade them in, or whatever their other supposed use is for.

And the sherry statue is a deed? I personally find deeds to be very, I don't know - devalueing to the item. I like to see what im getting, rather than a piece of paper.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So well - I should hire Draconi to hand in my stuff himself manually - developers need to eat their own poor food before serving it to us instead of harming the players all the time with such health damaging methods.

G

So Drac, are the turn in/reward points gonna be updated on the test shard soon? :p

Oh.. and I got another snake skin, and it was also unhued... looks like I was right about it possibly being bugged.

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh my....does anyone want to trade a few berserker bardiches on Pac for 1800 Ophidian rations?

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know what would be really cool Draconi? If we could put all our turn in items or quite a few inside a blackrock infected box, hand it in to the guys and then get a multiplier to the points up to a certain max of say 10k?

I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

D:

Thank you for listening and altering the point values.

-Galen's player

T

themaster879

thats awesome that the turn in values were changed and that the knights armor was turn down a bit :p i might have a chance now to get the set!

G

Anyone on Europa want to trade 1500 rations for 3 cursed?

This sort of sums up the futility of having kept all these rations :[

viper of flames

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I turned my account on for a few months and it said 43 months when it really should of been 110 months with rewards.it never updated are you going to fix this issue as well?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

When resizing a house, will you get a moving crate in the new house or do you need to clear it out first?

[/ QUOTE ]Clear it out first. It acts just like Demolish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Draconi, I don't see why it should act just like Demolish.

Resizing the house should put all items into a moving crate for a few reasons but the #1 reason is this:

Number of Game Masters who will quit over the number of requests from players that will be complaining about items they've 'lost'.

The #2 reason is this:

Loyal, paying customers play to play UO and own a house on their account yet you're telling them they have to risk losing all their stuff if this is the only account they own?

You're making an account bound zone that only the account player can place in, why wouldn't failure to replace mean that the customer would be able to get their old place back, and have a moving crate that holds all their items.

This is a very big change to the housing system you're implementing, and housing security has always been top priority for players and the EA/Mythic Dev Team. Now, please rewrite the TC code to reflect account security.

Cheers ...

DarkVoid

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, moving crates are tied to the house, they are not tied to the account. It wouldn't just be a 'simple' change to the code. You are removing the house.

Secondly, what does this have anything to do with security?

Finally, what I want to see....is the command 'I would like to resize my house' and then a gump box would pop up showing you what size housing plots would fit in the current area, you select one, and it places it.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

First of all, moving crates are tied to the house, they are not tied to the account. It wouldn't just be a 'simple' change to the code. You are removing the house.

[/ QUOTE ]

but well, that could work with the same box like Character transfer works. So part of the mechanics would already be ingame.
*Salute*
Olahorand

G

Surely just disallow placement for accounts made with the KR trial code - like - you double click a tool and it wont let you at all.

I

imported_Fran Fury

<blockquote><hr>

Finally, what I want to see....is the command 'I would like to resize my house' and then a gump box would pop up showing you what size housing plots would fit in the current area, you select one, and it places it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would love to have that! Probably harder to do but still would be nice. And if you had to choose from available sizes it would automatically go to that size,might fix the complaints of losing items?? Although I really don't see the problem with having to empty the house before resizing it. It's not that hard to do.

I definitely think that some sort of confirmation gump needs to be implemented before resizing.

Y

yoshihiro

I just counted my rat coins , woot 24 golds with prob 75 silver and 100 copper. That should get me something decent. Since I rp a paladin I plan on donating most of my stuff so I can get the suit of armor and maybe the t-shirt. The earrings are cool too.

I think I have about 50 pieces of the crap rubble that I will turn in, I prob will keep the walls since they are cool.
I have two boxes of cursed items , I will prob keep 1 of each for display.

G

<blockquote><hr>

So, the whole account age vs. trial account thing is a long story, but the short version is that it would take a LOT longer to do this if we linked it to trial accounts directly.

[/ QUOTE ]

So rather then fix the root issue so it only effected trail accounts, the easy path was taken that effects all accounts. I would urge you to create a proper fix that only effect the trail accounts. You admit it can be done, I would hope the dev team would try for quality fixes rather then easy fixes.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I'm REALLY bad at math...did I do that wrong??

*goes to find her calculator* Stupid math *laughs*

I

imported_kinney42

<blockquote><hr>

The way the turn-in system is being done, aren't you devs... er... aware of how cumbersome turning in the items will be? I mean seriously, with all due respect, community collections and the pain of having to manually click each item (and move it to your main pack in the first place) as well as the added hassle of having to drag the item to the corresponding NPC to get your tickets in the first place just SCREAMS "DOWNLOAD A SCRIPTING PROGRAM IF YOU VALUE YOUR FINGERS MUSCLES AND HAND BONES AT ALL".

[/ QUOTE ]

JEREMEY!!! SERIOUSLY!!!! TERRIBLE!!!!
Handing in each item 1 at a time and getting 1 ticket from each item??????
This is asinine!!!
I don't have a lot of stuff compired to some people but forcing me to drag all my crap to the turn in NPC, then use the turn in box, then target each item, is CLOWNSHOES!
I have 658 swords/shields!!!! and you want me to click approx. 2600 times and get back 658 tickets for 10 points each?????
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????
Please tell me I am confused on this and thats not how it will work!
PLEASE!

S

Sees Far

Your post states: <blockquote><hr>

Must now wait one hour after building a home before demolishing it (previously 15 minutes)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is inaccurate - the 15 minute delay is between demolishing one house and demolishing another house, it has no relation to when the house was placed.

Could you please clarify whether the new change alters this logic or merely increases the the time period.

Thanks

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

So, the whole account age vs. trial account thing is a long story, but the short version is that it would take a LOT longer to do this if we linked it to trial accounts directly.

[/ QUOTE ]

So rather then fix the root issue so it only effected trail accounts, the easy path was taken that effects all accounts. I would urge you to create a proper fix that only effect the trail accounts. You admit it can be done, I would hope the dev team would try for quality fixes rather then easy fixes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Veteran accounts with a new character should not have to wait 15 days.

C

CatHat

*Sherry the Mouse Statue -Larger than life statue of Sherry, in marble

AWESOME!

*Makiko the Samurai - Zento, Rokuon Cultural Center

Triple AWESOME - She's really got Skills after all
About time she made an appearance.

Woot! Draconi!

Cathat

I

imported_lady michelle

<blockquote><hr>

I would probably be divorced if I did what you do. I seriously cannot fathom it even though it's just pixels, they are his pixels. Meh.

[/ QUOTE ]I did ask for a divorce, and pet support gold for all the stabled pets he told me no. We have been together for 6 + years playing this game. I use my credit card for his accounts, and he mails me the payment. He knows Im messing with him, and that we will only turn in the weapons we have doubles of. We have know people who have married on this game, and got all their stuff stolen by the other. he was also a victim of the same thing by another lady. she took his fel sandstone, and wanted 5 mil, and awhole list of stuff, and wanted him to give her the checks, and stuff at the trammel bank, and she would go to fel, and transfer the standstone to him. Ha ask me if I had the stuff which I did, but when he told me he was suppose to give it to her in tram. I told him no once she gets all the stuff she does not plan on giving you the sandstone. just icq her and tell her she can keep it. and I will promise I will help you get a better house. 3 years later he has 2 keeps. Yes I do mess with him, but he knows after 6 years all I have to do is change the passwords, and nothing he can do about it cuz all the accounts are under my name emails ect. which I have no plans on ever doing to him. So yes I mess with him just as much as he does with me, and I never lost chest of rares that he lost of mine because he forgot to lock it down when he logged into my account took it from me in the first place.

G

I was just messin'. I mean I'd never sort my husband's stuff cause I'm not that ambitious enough to do my own. I still have chests of his belongings mainly because I keep hoping he'll return to the game someday.

G

<blockquote><hr>

*Sherry the Mouse Statue -Larger than life statue of Sherry, in marble

AWESOME!

*Makiko the Samurai - Zento, Rokuon Cultural Center

Triple AWESOME - She's really got Skills after all
About time she made an appearance.

Woot! Draconi!

Cathat

[/ QUOTE ]CATHATTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!

Yeah, Makiko has made it into UO! Stay tuned for the rest of you guys

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So just place with an older character on that account instead. Why would a vet specifically want a newbie char on their account holding a house? Unless of course it was to conceal your real identity, but it's not *that* hard to keep characters unknown.

Wenchy

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So just place with an older character on that account instead. Why would a vet specifically want a newbie char on their account holding a house? Unless of course it was to conceal your real identity, but it's not *that* hard to keep characters unknown.

Wenchy

[/ QUOTE ]

Roleplay, events, new character on a shard before you transfer over, specific name on the house sign, etc.