• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Publish 52 - Complete list

G

Plane items are by far the least bang for your buck.

And the "angels" you get them from are MUCH harder than the low level ophids you could get rations from (and the rations stack!)

I

imported_DarkVoid

<blockquote><hr>

When an IDOC drops, housing cannot be placed on the lot for a random amount of time

[/ QUOTE ]

Draconi, when you say "random" amount of time is this measured in minutes, hours, seconds, or days, or a combined randomly generated number encompassing all of the aforementioned?

Cheers ...

DarkVoid

G

hehe, All those players who said, a Stealther was the best charater for this event have just stealthed out the building, hehehe.

G

Thanks for divulging.

I'd really like a set of the armour but I'm going to fall short by about a million points. Is there any way I could get this together, or possibly a revision of the points scale in the near future?

I gather the armour's meant to be rare, but .. I don't know, I just get a little tired of the item-elitism when UO's best quality is personal choice. You're not forced into using class- or level-based items. I don't want the knight's armour to be elite, I want it to play a knight.

I think I've struck a reasonable balance between pack-ratting and living simply. I've about 40 coins, a few dozen weapons, stacks of rations (I have a chef so they seemed collectable at the time), and a whole pile of rubble because it's decorative. But yeah, going to fall short of that armour set.

Anyhow, don't mean to whine, just sayin'..

G

" New mount: Dread Warhorse

* More powerful than a nightmare

* Special radius poison attack (when untamed)

* Special display "trick" for owners (when tamed)

* Requires 3 control slots"

Now can we get an increase to stable slots? Sorry had to throw that in.
Also, I do feel for those that couldn't play 24/7 to get turn in items,
I have participated a great deal and I think I can get a shirt...was hoping
for earrings. Points do seem low on most if not all items or too high on
what we get, however you want to look at it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I mean ... 4 boat loads of the shields and swords ...

[/ QUOTE ]

let's see....(4 x 125) x 20 = 10000

4 boats worth of crap for 1 pair of earrings or 10 crappy shirts. That's what? 2 weeks worth of collecting those items? Now imagine the person that just farmed gold and buys them for absolutely no effort or the person who buys gold and then does it. Even less.

They really need to step back and take a look at those rewards and the effort the items being turned in are worth. Either they don't understand it or they don't care. I'm not one to claim they don't care so I'm going with don't understand.

I

imported_Tina Small

Draconi, can we please get the Trinsic-Magincia teleporter pads on TC1, at least in Fel, so it's easier to test factions stuff?

Also, how long do we have to test the factions stuff on TC1? We want to make sure the quitting and rejoining process is thoroughly tested. Will we have enough time to test that? I don't really know when you start counting that a character has quit factions and when they can rejoin factions.

If I put a character in factions tonight and then have her quit tonight, will she be out of factions exactly 72 hours after quitting, or does she get out at the next server maintenance period? How soon after she quits can I expect to have her try to join a different faction or re-join the same one? If a guild leader leaves factions, does everybody in the guild quit on the same schedule, or does their quit schedule start at their next log-in. (I assume everyone gets out on the same schedule.)

In order to test the quitting process, I think we need to have until at least late Thursday night or into Friday to have sufficient time. Are you going to hold off the publish until then, or is this going live before Friday?

When is TC1 scheduled to go down for daily maintenance? (Can you please translate your answer into a couple of popular time zones for those of us that have difficulty figuring out time zones? LOL)

Also, if we find problems or have questions about the changes that we need to have answered in order to do good testing, what's the best way to post those questions or issues for you to review?

Thanks.

F

Fayled Dhreams

<blockquote><hr>

hehe, All those players who said, a Stealther was the best charater for this event have just stealthed out the building, hehehe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh !... not that I ever said "that" ... and, can't remember that anyone DID ...
btw ...
IF the gp "buy in" rate ... is like the other "points" system ... at 15 gp per point ...
4m/15 = 266,666 more points for my total ... from this event alone ...

What did you earn ... btw ? hmmmm ? at current rates ?
heh! yeah ...

Besides ... I ain't beyond "negotiating" ... never said I was ...

Throwing my hands up and "quiting" ... as some did ....
without any data to work with

Well ..
Fayled is still In Play ...

neener neener

F

Fayled Dhreams

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I mean ... 4 boat loads of the shields and swords ...

[/ QUOTE ]

let's see....(4 x 125) x 20 = 10000

4 boats worth of crap for 1 pair of earrings or 10 crappy shirts. That's what? 2 weeks worth of collecting those items? Now imagine the person that just farmed gold and buys them for absolutely no effort or the person who buys gold and then does it. Even less.

They really need to step back and take a look at those rewards and the effort the items being turned in are worth. Either they don't understand it or they don't care. I'm not one to claim they don't care so I'm going with don't understand.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice math .... but ...
boat holds ARE weight sensitive ... actual is around 58 items per boat.

helps to actually HAVE the items ... to "do the math".

Burma Shave

S

StarlaUO

Any chance of scaling down the points requires for the knight armor? For a 6 piece suit, it cost 1200 000 points. That's quite a lot compared to the amount of points from the turn-ins.

S

StarlaUO

Ok so one needs 60k planeswords/shield or 160 berserker scythes or 240 cursed arties or 800 vorpal blades/pyro staffs to exchange a set of 6-peice knight armor. Or 'simply' just donate an inavlis burchette.

I

imported_Cysphruo

removed 30 day character age requirement for factions.... i dont get this, thats only encouraging spies, im so confused, wtf???

Saying “I wish to resize my house” demolishes your house, i hope there is a gump to confirm you are demolishing your house or you will have people loosing their houses left and right complaining.
Will there ever be a feature to combine and resize multiple houses at once? say i had 2 plots that could fit a keep, i could drop them both and have the entire area safe.

Must now wait one hour after building a home before demolishing it (previously 15 minutes), what is the reasoning for this? i've always thought the 15 minutes was too long myself, i always run into this problem trying to fit the biggest house possible into a spot, of course i measure but nothing is always right, especially uo itself, gotta place the house lopsided/incorrectly to fit in half the spots, most players dont even know what im talking about for that one.

Obviously you guys realized that people have mass quantities of rubble, im guessing thats why they are worth so little on the points list?
But cursed artifacts... everyone in my guild had atleast a few chests full after a few days of the magincia event... come on now, this is rediculous, the cursed arties are just as usefull as rubble, people are trading/decorating/selling whatever with both of them in some form it equals out.

btw i do like a lot of this stuff i just dont understand some of these other decisions, its the bad things that will stand out, the good go unmentioned,
i really like the sound of the new "trick" for the new mount though.

G

Heck, I'll just pull a couple outa my
. ........

The points are absurd to say the least

F

Fayled Dhreams

<blockquote><hr>

By Fayled's math thats like 18-20mil...!

[/ QUOTE ]

.... no .... Here ... 1,200,000 pnts @ 15gp per pnt = 18,000,000 ...&lt;&lt; thats at 200k points per piece(6 pc set)
I suggested that the entire 6pcSet ... go for 200k points .... which would be (IF theres a pnt / 15gp buyout)
3 million gp per set ... as a straight "buy" for gp ...
none of which actually exist's ...

math wise ...

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry Draconi - the points are a bit borked.

Planeshields and Swords only 20 points? I managed to ammass something like 250 of these. Thats about 5,000 points TOTAL. Now that took many hours to amass. That is roughly 3 vorpal blades or staff of pyros that could have been obtained in the last event in like an hour.

I'm not trying to sound ungrateful - but that really puts the smack down on any of the work people put into the most recent event.

Something like 100pts each would be more reasonable at least.

K

Karthcove

On test there is no buy out with gold - I hope it stays that way.

Where are these attacks happening?

I

imported_Cysphruo

they are trying to create rares like the original cleanup did, the high end hard to obtain items only grew in value over time creating something everyone wanted.
letting people just buy the items with gold straight from the source not only ruins the whole point but destroys the idea, then again cursed arties are worth so many points that it wont matter anyways.

G

I would suggest 400 points per planesword / planeshield. Turning in 500 of these for even the second least-expensive reward item is not practical. 25 would be about right.

And, perhaps 2000 points per journal.

Everything else looks good to me.

D

Daren Athlorn

With the current numbers, I have around 695K points, with an entire house and several banks filled with items.

After adding all these up...

Cursed artis and gold crowns are out of proportion as well, considering the majority of my points are made up of those two items alone.

F

Fayled Dhreams

<blockquote><hr>

they are trying to create rares like the original cleanup did, the high end hard to obtain items only grew in value over time creating something everyone wanted.
letting people just buy the items with gold straight from the source not only ruins the whole point but destroys the idea, then again cursed arties are worth so many points that it wont matter anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

*shakes head* Its doubtful that they want to "create rares" ...

particularly since they've stated that they're gonna close "this rift"
Where would you start building a collection from ... ??

then again cursed arties are worth so many points that it wont matter anyways.
Cursed Artifacts 5,000pts
@ 40 per armour piece ... the stockpiles gonna go pretty quick ...
Huh? (where you gonna get MORE of same ? off vendors ???
pfffft)

Gold sinks ....

or ... as above ... could add the armour pieces to the anti-virtue dungeon drops ...
AND start a gp/ticket buy ... (for the impatient)

G

Thanks for the updates Draconi, looking forward to the changes!

A couple of questions if you don't mind:

1) House resizing - this looks like a demolish house code combined with a new reserve plot code. I suspect that placing the replacement house will condemn other grandfathered houses for players with more than 1 house. If so, any chance of looking into a way that us old folks can resize our old houses without condemning our other houses? (Not in this publish of course)

2) Will demolishing the house instead of using the resize command also result in having the plot reserved?

3) Can a confirmation gump be added for resizing if there isn't one now?

4) It'll take 5000 planeshields/swords to get a pair of night sight earrings. I have about 4876 more to go, may I know how much longer will these continue to drop? Fallen Ones aren't exactly easy to kill... Or maybe add the arties from the legacy dungeons as turn-ins and keep the the collection NPCs around for good?

5) I second the request to bless the earrings

6) Any chance of adding a Mystic weapon (1 each for archery, maces, swords, fencing and maybe mage weapon) into that list of rewards? "Britannia thanks you for your heroic fight against the hordes, Avatar. From the strange new weapons we recovered so far from the hordes, the Royal Britannian Smiths have been able to forge new weapons that replicate their Mystic properties. And we now make them available to you, to further your heroic efforts - for the low low price of 9.99"

7) Can I have snakeskin sandles that have my name, have the resists and are dye-able like the AOS ones? Blessed, erm, maybe +1 resist to each and I'll use a clothing deed to bless it myself? Or let players choose what kind of footwear &amp; resist they prefer.

Superstang - I sold a coconut tree for 20 mil...That makes each piece of the Knight's armour worth 5,000,000,000 *grins*

I

imported_Hanna

<blockquote><hr>

Yes. I have enough plain swords &amp; sheilds to get 1/2 of a shirt........anyone want to go in for the other half? We share, i get even number days, and you get odd days.........hehe

[/ QUOTE ]LOL, yeah, makes me glad I didn't really bother with it for the last two weeks.

G

I think the points for rubble pieces should be scaled to the amount of weight of the rubble piece. So the heavier pieces will get more points than the lighter pieces

G

awesome update list Draconi!

can't wait for the new horses, but as a previous poster suggested, can we please get an extra tame slot? :/ lol

G

by the way though, how will anyone tame this dread warhorse? everyone will try to kill it. I wonder how rare these will be to own. interesting.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
the threads (thread of life, thread of fate) aren't included in the trade-in?

like others, i would also like to know the details of house resizing...is the footprint of the plot the only area that is reserved for the 1 hour period (meaning the 5 tiles in front of &amp; behind the plot are not part of the reserved area)?

B

BadManiac

So, hang on... To get a full knights armor set you'll need 1,200,000 points, or:
60,000 planeswords/shields or
1200 Mystic Weapons or
160 Berzerker Scythes!?

I'm sorry but ?????????????????????????????

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Cocoa trees are where?

[/ QUOTE ]Ah... moved to a later publish. *runs for it*

[/ QUOTE ]Giving tamer another uber powerful pet was more important I guess

G

<blockquote><hr>

Spellweaving: Essence of Wind. Casting Speed and SSI debuff potency have been flip flopped

[/ QUOTE ] Uh?

T

TirNaNog

<blockquote><hr>

So, hang on... To get a full knights armor set you'll need 1,200,000 points, or:
1200 Mystic Weapons or
160 Berzerker Scythes!?

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems in line with the difficulty of the original Clean-Up's phoenix armor.. at 100k points per piece, randomly given.. it was quite a lot of work to imagine getting a complete set. I don't think anything at that time gave nearly so many points either, nothing in the thousands range anyway. Just little 20-100 point increments..

B

BadManiac

Yup, top end rewards exclusive to the super rich, the scripters and dupers, good idea...

I

imported_Hawkeye_Pike

Draconi, thanks for the update! I appreciate you giving us more information about the things to come. I am looking forward to the progress of the event!! I hope that this time not-so-skilled characters will be able to contribute to the event, too. There are some mateys in my pirate crew who are quite young, and I don't like to leave them behind.

About the turn-ins: I'd have favored Sherry the Mouse, but with all the things collected during 2 weeks of fighting in Moonglow, I will hardly be able to afford a t-shirt. And a pirate wouldn't run around in such a t-shirt, would he? So I guess my box full of plainswords and plainshields will go right into the trash barrel. *shrugs* We'll have a regular town crier in our pirate headquarter then, methinks.

Anyhow, great news, great patch! Keep going, landlubber!

Hawkeye Pike
The United Pirates of Catskills

C

cucujanu

plane shields and swords should at least give 500 points. otherwise the whole turn in is just a joke.
i don't think anybody was able to collect 4k of those to get just 1 pair of boots.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Suggest the following changes for the redemption values...

Turn-in items:

Multiply these by 100 - not only were they rare, but as a book (though random in contents), they are desirable for museums and libraries as display items.
Ophidian Journals ............................................. 100pts

Multiply these values by 10 -

Ophidian Rations............................................... 10pts
Planesword .................................................... 20pts
Planeshield ................................................... 20pts
Copper Shilling ............................................... 50pts
Ophidian Orders ............................................... 200pts

Multiply these by 4 or 5 -
Slippery Snake Skins .......................................... 250pts
Silver Crown .................................................. 400pts
Power Weapon .................................................. 500pts
Vanquishing Weapon ............................................ 650pts
Mystic Weapon ................................................. 1,000pts
Staff of Pyros ................................................ 1,500pts
Vorpal Blade .................................................. 1,500pts
Ophidian Weapon (Power) ....................................... 2,000pts
Ophidian Weapon (Vanquishing) ................................. 2,500pts
Ophidian Weapon (Mystic) ...................................... 3,500pts

Leave these as-is -
Magincia Rubble ............................................... 800pts
Cursed Artifacts .............................................. 5,000pts
Berserker's Scythe ............................................ 7,500pts
Gold Sovereign ................................................ 10,000pts
Ophidian Berserker's Bardiche ................................. 25,000pts
Inavlis's Burchete ............................................ 2,000,000pts

Suggest for Publish 53 turn-ins-

Suggested Turn-ins:
The excess threads of life and fate at about 1000 per.
Minor artifacts at about 1000 or 2000 per.
"rarity-level" stealables at 100 * Summation of level (100 for level 1, 300 for level 2, 600 for level 3, up to 4500 for level 9)
Smith and tailor rewards (other than cloth) at the point value that they are first available. For example, sturdy tools and stretched hides would be 10 point items, colored sandals would be 150 points, gargoyle picks and prospector tools 200 points, and so on - would encourage filling of lower-end bods to get collection points from turning in low end tools, odd rewards and lower-end crafter powerscrolls.

suggested Rewards:
Replica Ophidian Orders and Ophidian Journals that make Ophidian noises when locked down and turned on. Reward value would be 10 times the value of the "original" items.
Replica versions of Invalis' Burchete and the Ophidian Berserker's Bardiche at twice the originals' turn-in value (and blatantly labeled as "replica" like the museum rewards).
Coconut and Date Trees (and have them bear fruit) for 800,000 points
Veteran Reward tokens for 800,000 (redeems for a veteran reward that the user is eligible for, of their choice - unlike other tokens, is account-bound even in token form).
Lottery tickets for 10,000 points, with a "replica" of one of the massively duped event items being drawn for every time that 1000 tickets are claimed (ticket claims stop at 1000, until the next daily maintenance after that point is reached, at which time all the tickets are deleted, and one of the ticket holders gets the item (random) in their pack, account bound like a soulstone.

I

imported_Hanna

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

1200 Mystic Weapons or
160 Berzerker Scythes!?

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems in line with the difficulty of the original Clean-Up's phoenix armor.. at 100k points per piece, randomly given.. it was quite a lot of work to imagine getting a complete set. I don't think anything at that time gave nearly so many points either, nothing in the thousands range anyway. Just little 20-100 point increments..

[/ QUOTE ]Yes, but people also had unlimited storage .

I

imported_Hanna

<blockquote><hr>

Suggest for Publish 53 turn-ins-

Suggested Turn-ins:
The excess threads of life and fate at about 1000 per.
Minor artifacts at about 1000 or 2000 per.
"rarity-level" stealables at 100 * Summation of level (100 for level 1, 300 for level 2, 600 for level 3, up to 4500 for level 9)
Smith and tailor rewards (other than cloth) at the point value that they are first available. For example, sturdy tools and stretched hides would be 10 point items, colored sandals would be 150 points, gargoyle picks and prospector tools 200 points, and so on - would encourage filling of lower-end bods to get collection points from turning in low end tools, odd rewards and lower-end crafter powerscrolls.

[/ QUOTE ]Add All marties to that list too, as they are way too many of them already, I have had to throw out about 70 marties in the past year.

N

Nyte Doombringer

WOW a real update. The first real one in what 5 years. Where have you guys been sleeping for 5 years, LOL This is a start of what your loyal players have wanted for years, you lost 1000s of players because of some of these things. Why did you wait so long? This update is awesome it makes you feel like the game is still alive. Great job

Z

zeromessiah

so on tc1 pub 52 awsome job to say the least but how do i get tickets, or the rewards, or the turn ins to get the tickets to get the rewards...phewww almost confused my self

angelus aconitum

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Shirt: "I saved the day and all I got was this fancy shirt" ... 1,000pts

[/ QUOTE ]

I would offer this shirt for 50 - 100 points, so that those who don't have much of the turn-in-loot can get something.
I have enough stuff to turn in, but I think there are many who don't. One single item for very low points seems fair to me.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Actually, on a number of shards the lanterns are selling for 50-200k.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
hanna, you even quoted my line "Minor Artifacts 1000 or 2000 per"

OR have you forgotten that's what "marties" is a contraction for?

I

imported_Hanna

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Shirt: "I saved the day and all I got was this fancy shirt" ... 1,000pts

[/ QUOTE ]

I would offer this shirt for 50 - 100 points, so that those who don't have much of the turn-in-loot can get something.
I have enough stuff to turn in, but I think there are many who don't. One single item for very low points seems fair to me.

[/ QUOTE ]Yes, and it should actually say "I saved the day and all I got was this lousy shirt"

I

imported_Traveller

<blockquote><hr>

15 day character age requirement to run in or vote in elections

[/ QUOTE ]

Phew, Draconi, man you had me very worried over the removal of the 30 day requirement removal, and I've frantically posted all over the forums + sent feedback. Had you posted this 10 days ago I would have worried much less.... :)

BTW, I am very curious about the politics change, might even convince me to reopen my account...

D

davebobbit

PLEASE everyone stop saying that cursed arties are worth too many points!!

For ONCE I've actually got something of value and can participate! I thought I was doing well with my 100+planeshields/swords, how glad i was to see that cursed arties are where its at!