• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Post ALL Publish 21 Feedback/Bugs/issues in this thread.

R

Rogue_Dragon

Well I have just drained over an hour of my life reading this thread that in my opinion should never have had reason to be created in the first place, and that only reading the first "EIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!" pages of posts and only scanning the remaining 2 [aye I got tired of reading] just to see if ANY Dev cared to respond to such a powerful outcry from the people who pay for their company to exist. am I the only person who realizes or cares to comment on the fact that this garbage was release very soon after a price hike that was explained away as a way to keep up quality?? So far I have probably seen enough people threaten to quit to probably make an entire year of my wages, and what do we get from the Dev team??? a list of the same publishes that everyone complains about minus the ones OSI doesnt want to admit to or just cant find because they cant effectively test their own game along with a statement that they may fix it a month from now in thier next publish [not even mentioning the fact that it was them releasing a publish that has everything screwed up in th first place.

I for one would never quit this game because they released a publish that was utter garbage but the fact that the Dev team is showing by their silence that they obviously dont value our input, concerns and therefore our money I am giving serious thought to whether or not to continue playing this game. I have not even logged in to UO since pub 21 has been released and [depeinding on whether or not the Devs break their silence soon and start fixing thier mistakes both in game and in comunication] I am still unsure on whether I will ever log in again.

I played this game during Beta testing and have played off and on since then, when my situation has allowed, but for them to ask me for more money for a game that is continually degrading is not something I will tolerate well, if I walk away this time I walk away for good, so please Devs for your sake my sake and the sake of something that used to be good, break the silence and tell us that you have a few solutions to the problems that have accumulated not just from this publish but all the other bugs in the game that just get ignored because they are not, how do you say??? GAME STOPPERS???, enough bugs in any piece of software if left while more are created are going to stop that software if not in functionality then in sales.

B

blip

Yes. I almost died to an ogre because I couldn't outrun it on foot. If I did not have wrestling skill, I would not have been able to successfully recall to town. I'm just a simple miner trying to make a living!

Provocation seems to have lost it's potency? I'm at 103.6 (without jewelry) and fail about 80% of the time provoking monsters that I've had virtually no fails with previous to the patch. I can't provoke a lich onto another lich? Not a lich lord, but a LICH. I consistently fail about 3 out of 5 times.

When I play on my tamer, they seem to be confused about what they're supposed to do when they get the "all kill" command. They will get stuck at a stone instead of walking around it or something. While other monsters seem to be able to fly at me with fury, my pets cannot "figure out" how to get to the monster if there's a tile they can't get around. Fine, I have a new "all stop" macro which I use more than any other macro. But honestly, do I have to bring the monsters to my pets now?

I haven't been playing much since I've been trying to enjoy my 4 day weekend but I'm hoping that things can change so that UO doesn't feel more like work. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

G

Just thought I'd add my thoughts to this post...

BOD system-I don't see any new bugs, ever since the server was taken down to fix the exploit I have yet to get an exceptional BOD for my GM smith. The tailor BODs seem to be the same rate as usual. What's up with the bad BOD distribution. I'd comment on the changes in rewards from high end BODs, but only having one char I never get em (not a bug...I know I have a small chance in Hell in getting a high end BOD...that's ok with me!).

Tamer-OK, I don't take my tames to huge spawns, I think it's because I'm still not used to not being on 56k when that was just asking for a dead pet and a dead owner. Bug I've noticed-I can't stop my pet from being in attack mode. Ever. I've only been hitting areas with one or two monsters and I am able to still do what I need to do...It's a lot more hectic making sure my dragon doesn't wander off or lose loyalty or am I in the open again! Not being able to stop my pet from targetting a monster is a big issue. I believe someone mentioned in another post about how this is just another blow to people that hate tamers, if my pet targets the monster you've been waiting to spawn there is nothing I can do about stopping it. That sucks, I'm not that kind of player and don't like being forced into that kind of player.

My warrior-hey, so far I like the new healing...haven't gone anywhere rough with him yet, but I've liked it as I've been training parry.

Lag-I have just gone to broadband about a month ago and was getting wonderful pings to the servers, now it's almost like I'm on 56k again. Ouch. I'd hate to be on 56k right now. What the heck did you do to the login servers? I've had horrible pings displayed since the server was taken down for your emergency exploit fix. Recalling after the new publish takes a whole lot longer due to lag, my friend who has an ultra fast broadband connection has even commented on how long it takes him to recall now.

Monster speed-I haven't noticed it on all monsters, but boy...I happend to be down in Doom today and those patchwork skels are about the fastest thing I've ever seen in the game...thankfully I was in a spot they couldn't get to...wow!

That's about it from my small corner in UO. Hope none of the problems were intentional.

I

imported_LadyMargaret

Yet another post on durability/repairs:
quote:
Repairing an item will now cause that item to incur one point of permanent damage to its maximum durability rating per every failed repair attempt. Items will also have a chance to receive one point of permanent durability damage per success, depending on the amount of durability repaired and the skill of the repairing craftsman.

Losing durability on successful repairs is wrong, and I have yet to hear of anyone gaining durability with repairs.

S

Sebat

ANYONE MISSING BOD BOOKS FROM VENDORS?

Yesterday I checked my vendors (Lake Austin) and found that two tailoring BoD books were missing from one vendor and one smithing BoD book was missing from another. After trashing some BoD books to lower the negative lock-down I put others (duplicates) on the vendors at low cost to help those who might need them. But before I could even price all the BoDs they disappeared.

I would have thought I had done something stupid but after placing them I brought up another character to check to be sure the books themselves were not for sale. Another disappointment as many of the BoDs were already filled.

Has anyone else noticed books disappearing from their vendors?

S

Sebat

<blockquote><hr>

Repairing an item will now cause that item to incur one point of permanent damage to its maximum durability rating per every failed repair attempt. Items will also have a chance to receive one point of permanent durability damage per success, depending on the amount of durability repaired and the skill of the repairing craftsman.

Losing durability on successful repairs is wrong, and I have yet to hear of anyone gaining durability with repairs.

<hr></blockquote>
You may have misread this, M'Lady. Then again, maybe not. But to me it says you may receive one point of maximum durability rating whether successfil or not with the repair. But nothing says you are going to see any gain to maximum durability without applying powder of fortitude.

In a way I agree with the degradation, there are so many items now in game there is little market for them, especially on shards like Lake Austin where both players already have all they need. lol By allowing armor and weapons to wear away they attempt to make it better for the craftsmen, but there is still so much being spawned that won't happen. And the powder will keep the rares in game.

I

imported_LadyMargaret

I re-read it, and, yes, I think you are correct.

Being an archer, with a GM Bowyer at home, I have a vested interest in repairs.
We cannot make 'good' bows. We have to pay quite a bit for them.
My current 'best' bow had a durability of 40. I paid 250K for it. It did have 41 durability but when I repaired 1 point (it was down to 40 only), even though my GM Bowyer was successful, it lost a point.
Since Bowyers cannot make runic bows, and have no way to get PoF other than buying it, we are again on the short end of the stick.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yet another post on durability/repairs:
quote:

<hr></blockquote>You stopped bolding that second one too soon...it should read "receive one point of permanent durability damage per success". It has a chance to lose when repaired, not a chance to gain.

S

Sebat

<blockquote><hr>

Being an archer, with a GM Bowyer at home, I have a vested interest in repairs.
We cannot make 'good' bows. We have to pay quite a bit for them.
My current 'best' bow had a durability of 40. I paid 250K for it. It did have 41 durability but when I repaired 1 point (it was down to 40 only), even though my GM Bowyer was successful, it lost a point.
Since Bowyers cannot make runic bows, and have no way to get PoF other than buying it, we are again on the short end of the stick.

<hr></blockquote>
I'm about ten points shy of having a GM Bowyer so am in the dark a bit. One of the things I've read indicated a GM Bowyer could do wonderous things with Juka bows but no idea if that is true. Hopefully they will give more craft skills to bowyers so better bows can be made. In the meantime, can Powder of Fortitude now be used on bows? Thought ALL items with durability could be bumped. Ahhh, now I see your point, Powder of Fortitude is now worth a fortune!

My biggest problem is speed, I can't yet get arrows off fast enough to stop an ant lion from tunneling and have no idea if that is a bug or a feature. lol

G

Bug fixed: - Unnoticed stealing bug, it's now possible to steal unnoticed with some success again, Thanks OSI.
Bug: - When you successfully get an unnoticed steal, you are still treated as a criminal by moongates and recalls (I.e "Thou art a criminal and cannot escape so easily") Also, gates and recalls still treat you as a criminal when you steal from greys, reds, greens, oranges, etc. If you steal from anyone, even if you have not comitted a crim act, you still can't use recalls or gates.

M

Moradin of LS

L A G is worse.
Since last week Monday none of my characters have been able to gain in skills.
I heard that self repair ability on armor is now called self destruct.

S

_Sun_

yet again i died to 2 reds on siege.

2 show up while mare is attacking lich lords.
i went invisi
they reveal
ALL kill
no response from mare
EXP etc etc

IM DEAD

discussed this with another tamer soon afterwards and I can pretty much say that pvping on Siege Perilous with a Tamer will not happen. Which means we can see easy kills by squads of REDS looking for the tamers who farm. Such as it was prior to AOS. I farmed despite knowing I ran the risk of dying to the REDS.

thx for taking away one of my defenses.

L

Lady Silvertree

I just did a couple lvl 4 t-maps in tram and have noticed the telepoting problem and theres a problem with monsters speeding up when crossing a server line. I was trying to outrun an ogre lord from the map crossed a server line (and i know they can follow) and ran a bit to get ahead of it and invis, as it crossed the server line it increased speed and i was lucky to get invised before it hit me but that did nothing cause as i went to run back to the chest to get another monster for provo on it it followed me(untargeted) so i ran a few paces back the other way invised again and it just followed me i couldnt shake it. I had to sit there for a few till it initially stopped targeting me. Come on guys these fixes need done they make it hard to play. You cant shake a monster, pets dont listen thier line of sight thing is wrong(my hushband and i were in wind killing dragons for leather and he was useing his ww not only would it not listen he had to feed it constantly to keep it happy cause of this and it wouldnt attack things if he was standing infront of it cause it didnt have a direct line of site, also the through the wall thing rand al thore mentioned). Been in uo for 4+years and have never seen things so bad. I like others believe something needs to be done immediatly for these and other problems make the game so frustrating to play.

J

Jai_Chesapeake

Has anyone else had a problem with their skills menu? On 2 of my characters the skill menu looks fine, but the other 3 are missing everything in their skill menu. It's completely empty. Anyone else have this problem???

M

Macrophage999

1) You can initiate a heal two squares from the recipient. But you must be one square from the recipient to finish the heal.
2) Some monsters are incredibly fast. I was running on horse and suddenly a Ice elly appeared on the left of my screen and a second later was almost off the right corridor. Also an ogre lord managed to run three screen away just the time to deposit someone at the bank and come back.

G

Dunno if anyone else has posted this, but its important so ill post.
its a bug with the faction stat loss sytem.
if a necro dies to an enemy faction while in wraith form, he doesnt suffer stat loss. possibly also in other forms, im not sure. but deffintly in wraith form. this needs to be fixed urgently!

Q

quincey_uo

I had the same problem. I found that I could cast BS in some places in the hive and not in others.

Q.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This one happens all the time, if the banker changed the position. For example Trinsic/Siege he moved one room away from the chests room, so that a lockpicker inside this room may have a hard time to access his bank box w/o gating out.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its the same with all blessed items. They don't reequipe automatically - also Vet robes and cloaks don't.

C

Caven

NEW BUG (?):

was on my paladin last night. No regs. No spellbook.

Every time i used the moongate, it cost me mana.

*edit*

you guys were right.. Was wearing +22 mana armor and it resets after using gate. just looked like i was using mana. Thanks

L

Lord Raistlin

When you have your pet attack an person the pet moves extremely Slow!!!!!!!! I can walk faster then the pet moves.

Also i was in the ant holes yesterday and I am friended to the colony, however a warrior started following me like it was my pet, and it was VERY fast. It did not attack it just followed. Was not sure where to post this info, since i'm a newbie on the boards, but i'm sure others have seen this, and might post it were it needs to be.

Thanks

G

Im not complaining

im just stating i think when you guys messed with the AI code you screwed something up
Because it seems ever sence u tried to get pets to follow comands over server borders Monster and Pet AI went gimped

O

Obac II

I definetely wouldn't want a revert, I have gmed tailoring and a few other skills on my crafter (the old fashioned way, no macros). I have also gotten my first artifact, after months of hunting in doom to no avail. I am a paladin, I rarely use any of my other characters, but reading some posts here lets me see how badly this affects other player classes.

However, I have had healing for some 4 years now and it only just now became useful.

I am not pvping at the moment due to arti-speedhacking-parry-wrestle mages running through in vas mani and fireball. (A solution for parry-wrestle mages would be the ability to disarm shields, plus making fighting parry dexers more interesting as well.. but oh well, thats just a very simple solution, so I doubt it would be implemented)

I also posted earlier about a bug with dispel evil when leaving the screen: http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/uo/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=uouhall&amp;Number=4608355&amp;page=0&amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=0&amp;what2=postlist&amp;fpart=

Simply put, I am doing my best to hold out until they can fix this, because there are a few good ideas in this last publish, and as they said, publish 22 is mainly a series of bugfixes, which I am anticipating as much as I would anticipate any other publish, new content or not.

Just have a little faith in our dev team, threatening to quit is as useless and immature as calling them names would be. Let's just keep waiting and hoping.

I'm counting on you guys.

S

Sebat

<blockquote><hr>

Simply put, I am doing my best to hold out until they can fix this, because there are a few good ideas in this last publish, and as they said, publish 22 is mainly a series of bugfixes, which I am anticipating as much as I would anticipate any other publish, new content or not.

<hr></blockquote>
I agree with you, I wouldn't want to see a revert now as I went in to stubborn mode and my miner made GM in stealth, even with the delay problem between a skill and a shovel. &lt;smile&gt; However I am now really scared as Publish 21 was supposed to be a "series of bug fixes". Now Publish 22 is being touted as a "series of bug fixes". I figure two or three more of the same publishes we have seen as a "series of bug fixes" and our game will be totally unplayable.

Answers? I really have one. Problem is I don't feel confident that OSI has any either!

P

P [WFO/TOL]

I dunno if this was mentioned in the last few pages as i stopped around 7 or so. Anyway, i read someone was getting silver not in factions for killing faction monsters. Well, this could be tied to it or not, i dont know. Ok, heres the deal, im the GM of my guild and the Commanding Lord of the Minax faction atm. I go to yew gate, see no opposing factions there. So i go grey and am waiting for someone to flag on me. Well this guy casts holy light near me and goes grey. I promptly dispatch of him but when i kill him i note the system message in the bottom of my screen that reports i now have another point. Well, at that point i was a little stumped but decided i was losing my touch and just didnt notice him the first time around and after he flagged on me he just went grey. Then i see the same guy about 20 minutes later and he was none other than blue (even though it was highly unlikely, i thought maybe he just now got out of factions). He was like "you put me in stat" we both agreed that it was wierd and so he should page a GM. While we are sitting there talking he res's someone with noble sacrifice (i was within range of the spell fyi) and goes orange again. I look at his title and he still shows that he is in his normal guild but he has a Shadowlords title. I dont know exactly what had caused this to happen but apparently it happened only after he used chivalry spells. On a side note i think that guild might have been Shadowlords a few days before the day this scenario happened.

Now that i have the circumstances out of the way theres only a couple things i can think of that might be causeing this.
#1 They got out of factions and waited the 7 days but when he casted chiv spells it put him back temporarily.
#2 They are using some sort of bug or exploit to hide their faction status but chiv spells seem to reveal it
#3 The guildmaster may have left the faction but some bug might have caused the guild to leave before the 7 days were up and chiv spells revealed this.
#4 The guy i killed (in a guild of archers) may have been out killing faction monsters and farming silver outside of factions. This i guess could have caused him to go factions when casting chiv spells or something.

Well theres my bug for the day /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

L

Lord Raistlin

Yea they fixed this. This was all over the publish pages, your not to be able to recall into castle court yards.

L

Laroen

Recalling on a runebook (with default location set) often brings the message: "location is blocked",
even when the location is totally free.

N

ninjakid

Small Bug successfully demonstrated 6 times.

It is now possible to steal from other players in town and remain blue. Not only remain blue but cause the victim to get guard whacked should they attack the thief.

Then I guess the other well documented issues

Unable to disarm two handed weapons unless barehanded.

M

Macrophage999

1) No target bug is back. On my character I couldn t at all get a target from any action I was doing. After relogging, it worked again, but after a while, I lost my targets again.
2) We were hunting at the last level of Destard, where the teleporters are, and suddenly, coming from nowhere, a guy appeared on the back room with two earth ellies (couldn t have come by teletransportation since it s inactive in Felucca). It seems the monster he was fighting appeared with him too... Then, all of a sudden, he vanished. (Jarek is the name, was nice to meet you). EDIT: he didnt stealth either, since he was mounted on a normal mount.
3) A new exploit relative to vendors.

I

imported_Ghost_Knight

Casting Bug

You cast a spell and never get a cursor...or get the cursor up and hit last target and nothing happens. It's a real bummer when you're fighting someone and don't get your killing spell off and they get time to heal. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

C

crippcripp

Prices of regs seem to have jumped in Felucca... used to be half the price of the regs in Trammel and now they are about 4 times the trammel price
Catskills shard

K

Kotan

Has OSI even looked at the Bless/Curse/STR Pot issue?

the fourmal is suposed to be:
STR/2 + 50

But since AoS (and still in P21) it's been:
(STR [-/+ MOD])/2 + (50 [-/+ MOD])

it's effecting the HP forumal twice; wheater it be giving +30 HP from a pot, -8 extra HP from weaken, or -30 HP for 0 resist characters.

G

May have been posted in here already, but to be on the safe side... heh

I removed the last item out of my moving crate to throw in a secure... well the secure was full *winces* so it went to bounce back to the gold box and it had gone poof.. so you guessed it.. it went into the great item graveyard in the sky... and yes I checked my backpack. *grins* Maybe increase the delay on them going poof by a bit more...

*starts throwing flowers in honor of her lost ore runebook*

C

Costanza

Hi. I've played since pre-release charter until about a year ago, and recently returned to the game in the last few weeks. I haven't read much of this thread, so forgive me if I repeat, but this is what I see so far as issues:

- Currently, most blacksmith and tailoring rewards return little value on Great Lakes. The most valuable vs cost items, it seems, are either Bronze Runics+, Powder of Fortification, Blacksmithy PS10+ Scrolls, Polar Bear Rugs, and Horned and Barbed Runic Kits. One of the reasons for this is that crafters who make an exceptional item do not get the full (12?) point bonus on resists when they make an item, which makes the lower end runics relatively valueless. The second reason is the difficulty to enhance any form of item, which makes crafting more problematic. The third reason is the plethora of ways to get a spined runic kit, or a Tailoring PS10+ scroll. Meanwhile, there are tons of "worthless" normal weapon and cloth bods being dropped around Britain since the effort and cost to fill one of those out is not equal to the reward and the check, be it a gargoyle pickaxe or a stretched deer hide. A good way to solve this would be to decrease the difficulty to enhance items, and allow exceptional crafters to get the full resist bonus when they make an item. It would also be good if a magical bonus was rerolled if it does not benefit an item. For example, if I used a Spined Runic Kit to make a piece of leather armor. The piece of leather armor already has 6% physical resist, and the magical effect that is rolled is only a 5% physical resist.. the magical effect is then wasted or absorbed. Another good way to increase the value of tailoring bods would be to increase the number of rewards. In my opinion, it is not only valuable, but a part of roleplay, if Tailors had access to Powders of Fortification to use on their tailored clothes and armor. I also think they should have some sort of "Tailor Dye Tub" as a reward which could be used to dye leather and normal items. I don't think it should be a complete combination of the Special Dye Tub and the Leather Dye Tub, but perhaps a few shades from each of the choices would be good. By adding more tailoring rewards, it would reduce the frequency of the PS Scrolls and other rewards and thus make them more valuable. Another change would be to somehow increase the value of nonmedable armor by the overall resists a tad. Currently, on Great Lakes, I see maybe one in thirty people wearing nonleather armor because Leather and Studded Leather provide the same amount of resists, and won't unequip due to a curse or the like. Plate and chain armor meanwhile is heavy and slows down the mana regeneration which is so important to the paladins of today. There should be some incentive for the pure nonmagical warrior to wear the heavier armors... but since there is not, there is also no incentive for GM smiths to use their runic hammers on those types of armor. Increasing the demand for nonmedable armor by making it more useful will increase the demand for runic hammers, and thus, increase the value of even dull copper runic hammers.

-Secondly, it seems that when customizing houses, I can't use the interior decorator to raise an item as high as I used to. Before, I could get a lantern high enough to clear my head, but not these days. Also, besides making a staircase of crates, I do not see how I could elevate a banner deed or other decoration to the exterior of the second floor if that second floor is fully enclosed. I do love the housing changes, but the ability to reposition objects seem a bit deteriorated from what they used to be. I also would like a few more possible foundation styles to match the variety of colors available in floor/wall tiles, and some pillar options or arch options that don't leave a gap between the lower half of the arch, and the adjacent wall/half-wall/quarterwall tiles.

-Thirdly, and this is more to the general state of Ultima Online, but can the rest of the virtues be implemented? Even if they are not in the full form like the duel system for Honor, it would be nice if there was something in place and enhanced either. If something is too powerful, it can be downgraded later just like every skill, stat, weapon and armor has been changed before... but to me, the thing that differentiates Ultima from other games is its nonlinear quests and its virtue system. It's been a few years, I think it would be good if it was firmly in place in some form or fashion.

-Fourth, I would increase the maximum total resist for physical, energy, poison, etc to 80 or even 85. This would go in line with making a pure warrior wearing heavy armor more viable. When bards and tamers can stay out of range and have pets fight for them, or mages can blast away from range and recall out, it would make it possible for fighters to go toe-to-toe just a bit easier. I do realize that increasing the maximum resist would also give more protection to bards/tamers/mages etc, but where it might make a minor difference to a bard or tamer, it would make a much bigger difference to a melee fighter. On a side note, I still don't know if the resists on an individual armor piece matter if a monster hits it. If I have a 5% physical resist on my headgear, and a 20% on my gorget, do I take more damage if I get hit in the head? The FAQ weren't clear on this.

-Fifth, the Paladins can use a tweak. Spells like Close Wounds should be more mana intensive, while spells like Remove Curse should cost less mana. I find it very unroleplayish that I have no way to escort prisoners in dungeons that my paladin saves, because my paladins can't cast gate. It would be nice if prisoners "bonded" akin to pets to whoever accepts their missions, then could travel along using Sacred Journey... and Sacred Journey itself should be much more expensive and a higher skill level. It would also be nice if a Paladin could "mark a quest"... perhaps a high level spell that can only be used if a hard evil monster is near. That might be too powerful, but again, it adds roleplay.

-Lastly, if the econ system is truly to work, there should be some built in attrition in prices. If hides are not bought at 18 gp per strip for a week (yes, it's 18 per in Britain on Great Lakes right now), then the NPC shopkeepers should "realize" that demand has decreased, and lower their prices. I do remember the early days when everything including reagants were priced via demand and the craziness it caused. I think that craziness is less likely to happen today with the expanded lands and the extra reagant shops that came with them. Thus, I do think reagants should also be on the demand system as well. I think leather prices would also balance out a bit if hides were lighter. It would make them just slightly easier to harvest, and put them more on par with ingots, reagants, and other stackable gatherable resources.

Anyway, that's my very long two cents. Glad to be back, and look forward to more.

Z

Zendar

1. I read that the problem with followers not following due to combat will be fixed, but the fix simply says followers will continue to follow AFTER combat. Is this a beating around the bush way of saying we will not be able to control our pets/summons while they are fighting anymore? I most certainly hope this part is also a bug.

2. Client security. This is something that you guys seem to have COMPLETELY disregarded, with the exception of the normal packet level encryption to protect en route data, which also is too easy to get around for those VB kiddies with nothing better to do than cheat. For example. Illegal 3rd party programs. Lets put an end to this ok? I dont know how everyone else feels, but i am about sick and TIRED of cheaters in UO and 90% of it seems to be centered around unauthorized 3rd party programs. How to put an end to it? Take some drastic measures on this one like you have against tamers, bards, and everything else you have thought was "overpowered" or an "unfair advantage". Deny window messaging to unauthorized programs. It would be easy to use something along the lines of a PGP private key to "sign" the CRC-32 checksum value of the program trying to access client.exe, so as to allow authorized things to work, and deny anything that hasnt verified. Make a list of whats allowed and get a private key from their creator. Then when the program loads, it simply has to verify itself with client.exe, and client.exe accept messages from only the validated process handles. It shouldnt be TOO hard as there isnt MUCH allowed at all, now is it? This would be the END to a lot of the unauthorized programs that are causing one cheat after another, including loot scripts, doom artifact scripts, pvp scripts, etc etc. Also, why not work on your own proprietary network protocol, hence anyone attempting to reproduce your packets will have subjected themselves to the possibility legal and civil releifs. With these two methods ruled out, what would be left? SendKeys? Repeating macros in client.exe and UOA? MUCH less damaging. Im not "down" with the cheating methods in UO, and im sure there are other methods that I am unaware of, but hey ... fix. And BTW - any of you ****ers out there that think they are a "1337 hacker" because you can download and run a UO proggy someone else made .. get real, k ? Youre a two bit cheater and nothing more.

Let me reitterate this: ***I AM TIRED OF CHEATERS*** and I am SURE I am not the only one.

3. BODs. As you guys have said, BODs ARE MUCH less randomly distributed now. Problem is, my elder smith has recieved absolutely nothing but WEP bods since pub21, with the exception of ONE dull copper plate lbod. This just sux. I dont have 100 accounts with 5 smiths on each, and at this rate, Ill see a decent reward, somewhere around the year 2020.

4. "Non-transferrable" means just that, non-transferrable, and I have heard this term used in conjunction with in game items repeatedly. So why not enforce it? Put an end to all this ebaying gold and items, which is putting a different type of ingame competition in play... one of greed for money, which can be ruthless. And quite honestly, its just sickening and a $300 price tag on an item definately promotes cheating. I guess this would extend personnel well beyond their already taxed state, but im sure there are some steps you guys could dream up that would help!

5. In a previous publish, I recall words similar to this: "We have increased the GM bonus to craftable wepons and armor to a level that will make crafting more profitable, but at the same time not remove the value of magical loot items". Well Ill be damned! You guys forgot all about that when you made the changes to runics, now didnt you? I have a tailor/smith, and I enjoy crafting nice items.. but I also enjoyed loot aquired by my other characters. PLEASE fix this severe unbalance.

6. Spirit Speak and corpse cutting. For gods sake, I AM SICK OF CHEATERS! Must I say it again? PLEASE fix the corpse gumps so they dont close when other players do this, I am sure you are aware of this, but I have to speak my mind on this. As a side-note to this, looting in doom gauntlet can be a real pain by nature due to the numbers of people trying to grab items. But one thing stands out greatly - the fact that when you miss an item, because someone else has grabbed it, but the data hasnt reached your client yet (which happens very often), you end up "grabbing" the background of the corpse container, drag the container towards your pack and end up totally missing all the items. This gives a GREAT advantage to the SCRIPTERS (once again,, I AM SICK OF CHEATERS!) due to the fact that a script differentiates between items and the container background, hence they can efficiently clean house while NONCHEATERS are dragging the damn container gump around on their screen!!! A solution: make the background in the container ungrabbable. Fix it so one can drag the container gump by the skull on the top or something, but NOT by the container background, PLEASE.

Ill be back when I have more time,,, PROMISE!

PS: 7. stop dislaying the container count/weight in other players' paperdolls, mkay?

Regards,
Zendar/Mystic of Chessie.

Z

Zendar

Pets dont follow while they are fighting ... pets *crawl* when on the attack... I think I see the pattern here. Before this BS was done to our pets/summons, one could tell a pet to follow a player, then tell the pet to kill the player while its in follow mode, and the player will die unless the player is pinging 10ms AND on a mount. My guess here is this WAS intentional, probably a silent answer to the whim of one whining PK who himself got PKd this way. Dont we all feel so bad for that PK! har har.

Seems EA are trying to pamper the PKs now, then turn around and say "we want more player participation on the felucca facet" .. rite. All you guys are going to get this way is more Reds, not better player participation in fel. Dont get me wrong, I have no probems with PK, PVP, felucca fighting, mass ganking or whatever... its a fun part of the game, but for krists sake stop throwing the game out of balance and nerfing entire character classes just to pacify a minority of the people, and umm.,. try some honesty about your intentions next time, dev. The game IS about more than PKing.

Regards,

X

XORM

I noticed that the the items from the packing crate that disapear when put in a invalid location dont disapear. They go to the ground under your house. I found this out as i was customizing my house. I was able to Recover a chest by paging a GM. with Circle of transparency on near the steps you can see alot of stuff under houses. found a pile of gold at a vendor house once. If you have lost an item this way and it was very heavy, it may not have decayed yet. !!!!

Z

Zendar

One afterthought about client security: if you were to incorporate an authentication scheme for 3rd party programs, as I have suggested, it (the client) could double as an "auto-snitcher", reporting any attempt to use an unauthorized program, disconnecting the user of an illegal program from the UO servers, and possibly even auto-suspend the account until a review can be done. No security measure is perfect, but these measures would make it 1000 times harder to even MAKE the illegal programs in the first place.

Your concern and active efforts for security should extend all the way out to your most remote connected client, not end at your network borders.

Regards,

G

Strange thing that must be a symptom of a problem I have noticed a few times since the publish. While sitting in my home monsters have come tearing across the screen in full pursuit of an invisible target. These are not normally fast monsters. One was a sewer rat and then there were two female brigands. I have never seen anything spawn where this house is so the monsters have come from a good ways. They tore across the screen at an unnatural speed then stopped short on the same tile beside the house next door and didn't seem able to move from that spot. I went out and tamed the rat to see what was going on with it and it was almost completely unable to take commands.

D

Diwitu

it's NOT NEW it has been here ever since the first hours of the new publish, it's just that recently someone has made brought it to someones attention and actually got listened to, no one would listen before the new publish, no onw would listen right after the new publish, but now that it's "mainstream" people finalyl get upset about it, and Voila! you are all whining about having a 2 week revert! Give it up, if they were goign to revert it, they would have done it back when it mattered, by now it's too lateif they revert 2 weeks of gameplay i for one will pancake and whine (not that they really give a [censored]) to have a 2 week refund or extended free gameplay, it is their fault for being unprofessional enough to allow a bug filled publish to be released, it is not my fault. we ALL paid money with the understanding that this game would be satisfactory both in presentation and in body. I have personally experienced none but disappointment both in the staff and the game itself. I do not find Ultima Online to be Worth to bear EA namesake, and UO should be looked upon with shame by EA. I'm not blaming any one person, and i'm not saying whoever is there isn't trying to make this game great... even in spite of the evidence i've been shown over the past three months. What i AM saying is if this is their absolute best effort.. they need to purge their staff base and begin again, get public oriented able minded programmers and personel.

OSI needs to treat this game with the same passion and willingness to achieve perfecton as if they were selling this for the very first time and attempting to gain the customer base they've already attained.

One satisfied customer = 1 person who will stay and pay
One dissatisfied customer = 8 who will never pay, the one you lose, and the 7 they tell

(if this is not readily known to the staff of OSI perhaps their PR should reconsider their coworkers)

OSI if you just don't really care about UO anymore, then drop the price to half, stop updating, or better yet name the game abandonware, make it open source and focus on UXO or whatever, But if you do care about UO then show it the same focus, drive, and passion you are showing UXO. Fix the multiyear old bugs, fix the current bugs, rethink this "publish every six weeks" crap, your programmers clearly cannot handle it. take a personal interest in UO because from what i've seen there is only a halfass effort.

I've said before, and i'll say here again, because maybe one of these days someone of importance will read it:

Instead of releasing a 10000 feature publish every 8 - 10 weeks then spending the next three years trying to fix the bugs and getting swamped, because you are releasing more bug into the system than you are fixing, release 1 feature every few days, or 2 each day if you can manage it.

The staff at OSI are being pushed too hard to accomplish something they cannot, and as a result we are given huge publishes filled with bugs which take the next 6 weeks to fix (in some cases 6 years) yet if there were only a couple bugs to fix, all the manhours (figure of speech) could be inveested in the next publish, and this is where you are gettign tripped up (just in case you hadn't figured it out yet). Take my advice, abandon this "publish per 6 weeks" idea, and go with minor update and bug fix every couple of days, the bugs (if any) will be much easier to find (because there will only be 1 or two to troubleshoot) and if in the worst case there is a revert needed, then you only lose a couple of days.

Diwitu

PS - i think everyone should get a free month for having to deal with the detrimental effects on gameplay both present and future presented by the publish 21

X

Xantech

<blockquote><hr>

ANYONE MISSING BOD BOOKS FROM VENDORS?

Yesterday I checked my vendors (Lake Austin) and found that two tailoring BoD books were missing from one vendor and one smithing BoD book was missing from another. After trashing some BoD books to lower the negative lock-down I put others (duplicates) on the vendors at low cost to help those who might need them. But before I could even price all the BoDs they disappeared.

I would have thought I had done something stupid but after placing them I brought up another character to check to be sure the books themselves were not for sale. Another disappointment as many of the BoDs were already filled.

Has anyone else noticed books disappearing from their vendors?

<hr></blockquote>

And missing BODs from with the books you have...I suggest ya'll double check, and then keep checking...they just melt away...

--X

G

Here's a small but inconvenient bug that my crafter seems to have:
I go to collect a BoD from a blacksmith, only to be told I have to wait between 7 and 11 hours for my BoD. I recall to another smith, the same, only when I go to an anmourer do I get my BoD. Trouble is that in the last 4 days all Ive got are exceptional weapon BoDs (ive collected 12 out of a possible 16 BoDs)

S

Sebat

<blockquote><hr>

And missing BODs from with the books you have...I suggest ya'll double check, and then keep checking...they just melt away...

<hr></blockquote>
And what do we need to do to assure the folk at OSI recognize this problems existence? I'm about done with BoDs anyway, it becomes too much work when you can lose 200 to 300 BoDs overnight. And, of course, "We can't replace lost items!" I wish they would do as they did on Anarchy Online, we used to have to tell the players the same thing. Then the devs developed a way to track ALL items and anything could be replaced if reported within 24 hours. Not perfect but a LOT better than what it was. And certainly made our job of customer support a lot easier.

I

imported_Hanna

<blockquote><hr>

One of the reasons for this is that crafters who make an exceptional item do not get the full (12?) point bonus on resists when they make an item, which makes the lower end runics relatively valueless.

<hr></blockquote>
I bought several bod's that allowed me to get spinned runic kits. So, I took one to test it and made all barbed leather gorgets out of it. Not one piece was worth keeping. The maxium intensity I got was 36% (2 pieces) the minimum was no magic properties at all(5 pieces). The maximum properties on any one piece was 2. Where is that rolling effect? Not one had total resistences greater than 36 (GM is 42 on that piece) the ones with no magic properties at all had 33 total resistences. All pieces where exceptional.
This makes the spinned runic kit totally worthless. Would anyone give up 9 points of resistance just so they can have night sight or lower regent 5%? No. This problem is not only with the spinned but also with the horned and barbed kits too.
<blockquote><hr>

I also think they should have some sort of "Tailor Dye Tub" as a reward which could be used to dye leather and normal items.

<hr></blockquote>
Great Idea, how many GM and Elder Tailors are out there that can't dye leather becaue they haven't been on 2 years.
<blockquote><hr>

I find it very unroleplayish that I have no way to escort prisoners in dungeons that my paladin saves, because my paladins can't cast gate.

<hr></blockquote>
I am a mage and have never been able to gate a prisoner out of a dungeon and when I gate an escort into a dungeon that asks to be escorted there they run away screaming.
<blockquote><hr>

I think leather prices would also balance out a bit if hides were lighter. It would make them just slightly easier to harvest, and put them more on par with ingots, reagants, and other stackable gatherable resources.

<hr></blockquote>
Ingots are not havested - ore is and it is not light.

M

Milamber

I just love this one. and yes it is tamer related. A guildmate moving his home. so I took out my old packy and friended him to the packy. That has never been a problem until now. Now the packy will not follow the friend thru the gate. Instead the mule tries to go overland to follow the friended. will listen NOT AT ALL to its owner. (me in this case obviously.)
man... Pets have really been screwed up with this publish. now I will not use any pets at all. and I am already at the point that i do not get off my mare and will not bring in my Dragon/WW. I just am very thankful I am old enough to have etheral mounts. Must love these publishes to fix bugs. .(knows is going in a tangent away from the bug above and is going on a freedom of opionion act)Considering the holiday season upcoming I think it would have been nice if the testing staff actually played the game. (more on this later)Mages Gimped in use of Summoned critters,(nice about wrestle btw) Tamers gimped in useing any critters, and critters are the weapon skill of the tamer class. Warriors know that the best and hard won armor and weapons of their trade are going to be repaired into oblivion, thanks in part to how quickly they now lose durability when in battle...not to mention sucessful repair losses,(nice about healing btw) Bards are perhaps the only class not entirely inconvienced (fer once). well...as has been said above somewhere about how subscription fees are the voting rights of the gamer. Ever consider some of the other changes? inactive characters deleted, houses quick to fall. designs to keep people in the game mayhaps? ye vote ye lose.
Life in the homeland of america we pay taxes. we pay them fer the service of our goverment fer the day to day decisions, supplies ect. and yes people disagree time to time about such governing. how is this similar to UO ye ask? well we pay fee's to play this game and to live within its enviorment and content. we pay these fees which, not unlike our politicians, pays the salaries of the designers and testers, ect. Like with our goverment we like to think we are getting out moneies worth. I must say however that it would seem, at least with this latest publish, that the salaries of the game testers are overly much. Their job is to test every facet of game play. that is the very nature of their job. Given this, why are we subject to so many bugs at once. Ours now is only the voice of complaint. Our options are limited. We love the game but we do not love to be subjected to changes that should never have passed the testing phase.
I ask those who manage the teams to please, for us the players of ultima Online, to sic a Nightmare unto those who failed so miserably in properly testing this publish. hmm.. and not forgetting that management sometimes plays a crucial role in outlying roles of cubical imbecility in it decisions of pushing crap into the market, a WW on yer hides might be in order as well. which decision to do or not I best leave to the engineers.
( this has been the opinion of one who rarely posts but has found the straw that the camel hopes to never expierence)

I

icyraine

are swamp dragons still bugged??

thought they were only susposed to reduce ONLY physical damage.
( feels that this shouldnt be unabled in pvp ) /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Z

Zolar_Chessie

There is a problem with the chests in the tinkershop in Papua. unstealable keyrings spawn in them and after 3 of them spawn the regular spawn of items stop, so you are no longer able to get either arrow shafts or square toolboxes.

Q

Quesar

in reply to:
{
oh ya! Well you tell that to my friend who just lost another 7x WW from the stables....an 18 month old companion he guarded carefully and was soo proud of!!
}

Well first off your friend is not alone, secondly this bug has been in game for a very long time. It is not new, and it was certainly not created by pub 21.

Iam sorry for your friends loss.

I have suffered this with 3 possibly 4 WW all legacy pets all with multiple gms (2 were 7x).

The last one I lost had resistances higher than what is currently possible to tame because they do not spawn with the resistances as high. Not sure why this is i suspect is has to do with her being pre-patch but it don't matter this WW is gone.

Lost her 3 weeks before pub 21, so don't cry to me about what I said, I know what I said was correct.

However, this bug is un-related to pub 21 which goes back to what i was saying.

I have very nearly quit over this bug too, the fact remains though it is not a pub 21 bug.

Quesar

S

SR-71

Some of the most powerful creatures are now speed hacking.... I have seen Valorite elementals that once it targetted ya, you could not out run it.

I can understand wanting to speed up the attack on some creatures ... but a creature like Valorite eles.. are powerful enough before publish 21, now they are darn near impossible to kill.