• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Post ALL Publish 21 Feedback/Bugs/issues in this thread.

R

Roxsn

Bug I don't see posted yet:

When using piles of wool on a spinning wheel, they are not stacking in my backpack. I have to take each pile of 3 balls of wool and stack them manually or place over a container. They will stack when put in a container. Same thing for making cloth on the loom... each bolt of cloth goes in the pack separately and they have to be manually stacked or placed in a container to stack. Real pain when you're doing a LOT of wool/cloth. I can use UOAssist to organize a bag with these items (haven't tried it yet to see if they stack), but I wonder if there are any other items that don't stack in the pack that did pre-pub?

S

Syncros

Bug with re-equiping after you die and use autoloot with items that have your PNB used on them.

I have this bracelet I used my PBD on and everytime I die and double click my corpse all my items I had equiped get re-equiped but that bracelet. If I insure it then it will get re-equiped but that isnt a real fix to the problem...

P

patch

One thing I have noticed is that invis, nightsight, and bless items placed on a vendor's paperdoll are still using charges from the item. Granted, they are not turning the vendor invis anymore, but 21 was supposed to make it so these items could be used on a vendor paperdoll without losing any charges. Just one more thing that was supposed to have been fixed....

Also, since the first rush of small houses fell at the beginning of this month, the only OSI owned houses (houses owned on banned accounts) that have fallen since that time, have been ones that were banned after the inactive account timer was turned on. None of the *legacy* OSI houses have fallen at all on Pacific, and some of those have been standing for more than 3 years now! I have runebooks full of them and have been checking them all every 5 days, and yet not a single one has altered its decay state. As a matter of fact, prior to 21 the signs of the OSI houses read 'slightly worn' for decay status, and now they have no decay state at all!

G

Not sure if this came with pub or not, I havent witnessed it before, might have been an old issue. Sacred journey cast on rune that says bloicked location uses tithin points and mana yet casting recall with same result ( blocked location ) doesnt use either regs or mana. Bug with sacred journey Id say ( yet another one )

G

Found a new bug (I think ) With my bug. It seems to only count the containers as an item in its pack, and not anything in the containers. Not sure if it affects other packys also. But this bug can wait to be fixed. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

G

OH ya, how could I forget this one..

There is more lag now with the new publish than before.../php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

O

Ox_Dematari

While on foot you cannot the disarm special move doesn’t work against 2 handed weapons, (you lose mana, you get the success message but they keep their weapon armed)

Spell channeling weapons when successfully disarmed have no delay on when they can be rearmed

H

Hellsgate

Dont know if this was addressed but i couldnt cast bladespirit in the ant hole.
It would appear then disappear without doing anydammage.

L

LordMineyMcSmith

For god sake Ea.
Stop caring about your profits for one minute and focus on public relations
Yes your aim is to make a profit and provide a service.

Your Fixed costs and variable costs aren't that high and your profits are, Yet what do you do with the profit?

You make a new game to get more people involved where as the people playing older games are left behind.

Your ignoring Uo and your rushing everything
just STOP
Pub 16 took 6 months, few if any bugs
Aos (Pub 17) Took 2 months, loads of bugs
Pub 18 was a Fix for Pub 17
Pub 19 was a fix for pub 18
Pub 20 was a fix for pub 19
Pub 21 was a fix for pub 20
all those, Since aos, about 9 months ago we have had 5 publishes ( Including AoS)
This is making errors, and since every publish you do make makes new bugs, you should just stop making hasty publishes and just THINK before you click the "ok" button.
Id Rather wait about 6 months for a publish with as few errors as possible, than 2 weeks for a publish which only benefits healing and completely ruins the rest of the game.

The point of having a test center is so people can check all bugs, how the hell can people check bugs on test sosaria? Hardly anybody uses it, you get nothing to god damn test and it resets itself. Most pointless thing EVER

Q

Quesar

I do not understand how people can call this the "worst publish yet" it is far from the worst. I guess this statement is HIGHLY from ones perspective. However I can say Iam hardly surprised, in fact I expect nothing less from OSI and the Dev team. Things all ways get rushed onto production shards and more problems than fixes are always present. It just goes to show that some people never learn from past mistakes and others never realize that certain people are doomed to repeat their mistakes.

RE:
{
I also want to mention that the reason the second issue cited was not discovered was that the QA guys who tested pets routinely do "all stop" before they do an "all follow". Creating a macro to send both of these commands at once may be a viable workaround until we can correct the underlying issue
}

This very statement says alot. The QA guys don't know how to test the game because they obviosly don't know how its played. A workaround is not acceptable, further I fail to see how the QA guys missed the issue even with this so-called "work around" because it fails to work around anything other than a spawn area with one creature in it and then only when the creature is dead. Therefore this is either a "false" statement or the QA's guys have no "clue" as to how the game should be or is played.

I still resent OSI's use of "MY MONEY" to test their product. WE should not have to accept this. In most other business the client would be reinbursed or offered an exchange of equal or greater value. For those of us who arent playing over this, there should be a re-imbursement of some sort.

I am not going to quit over this publish as i do not see it as game stopping to my point of view but only because i have templates that still allow me to play.

I did however quit after AOS becasue that publish made the game "un-playable" for me. I quit for almost 6 months and returned when I saw things were better. The main issue for me at the time was "LAG" I on my cable conn was suffering more lag after AOS than I can remember having on a 56k modem with 3-600 ping. Anything over 600 and I wouldnt play for the day, I accepted it then cause I had no choice and cable was not an option, however with cable and having such horrible lag I couldnt justify the waste of coin.

I am normaly upset with publishes, why? Because with the exception of a few bugs that work out in your favour everything else is normally negative. With constant "sweeping " changes to game play, unacceptable alterations and nerfs to skills, constant problems with issues that should have never made it to a production shard, need I go on?

This is not a "FLAME" Iam simply stating my oppinion based on several years experience with OSI.

I expect a certain amount of change but I along with most people wish that the only thing that got developed were fixes. Fix whats broke leave the rest alone and one day when you catch up then look at further R&R.

Right now and for the last several years the best R&R UO could have is bug fixes, and don't give us canned statements like "The code is TOO old and too many people have worked on it". That after 6 years is unacceptable. Further if it is true then that probably means this company has a HIGH employee turn over rate indicating other internal problems; I don't beleive that is the case so why the problem?

The main problem is you continue to add layer after layer of coding to a "large set of programs" without correcting current issues, so is it really any wonder you always create more issues than you fix? Certain issues also creep up that were issues before but were slight so they get neglected, like this monster following ghosts? This has always been so, until the creature targeting updates, so now I assume you disturbed something and created a real issue ?

You pulled this publish once before for problems so why did it get re-reased like this? Is it because you rushed it out the second time without releasing it to one shard? If that isn't the case why did it not get pulled again? Surely players on the guinea pig shard complained? So you ignored them?

This is just another bad release in a long list of bad publishes. Nothing less and nothing more. Its not the worst in my oppinion except that this "BS" (cause thats what it is at this point) continues to happen.

I for one could care less about your changes to game play and added "gifts" that do absolutely nothing for game play except to create a distraction or a gold sink.

Just fix your damn problems.

One thing I would suggest, and it will get ignored cause Iam quite sure it has been suggested before.

You need to HIGHER some of your player base to do the testing for you on a "copy of a production shard". You need a cross section of players taken with different amounts of experience and familiarity with the game. You need to give them several days to test and you should plan your publishes with more content and less frequency. However i know the likely hood of you highering them is doubtful, but what about offering a "free month" for voluntary testers? To provide some compenstaion for what "OSI" will gain in less PR problems and an overhaul more content player base?

For my last point I have to seriously question the logic of fixing your current problems with the next publish. I have serious problems with this. This means you will release a publish at or near Christmas loaded with goodies (most of us consider a low priority) which will most likely be candy laced with more bugs.

So instead of waiting longer for these "goodies" we will have them with more "grief" over the holidays? When your support staff will most likely be at a minimum ? and your player base at a maximum?

When I want to sit down with a cup of coffee to enjoy the game if I have to sit through one session (for hours) trying to get a GM that can't help me I will be more than choked.

That will add a reason to my list for quitting, I have conteplated it lots because there is so much waste created by your changes. Waste of my time and my money.

I almost quit last month cause I lost a legacy WW the 3rd one to a stable bug that has been reported numerous times and has as far as I can tell been part of UO for a very very long time. It also was not do to a revert.

The GM's of course can't do anything except say:
So sorry, we can't replace items, we have no way of verifying
Pls submit a bug report.
blah blah blah

I have reported it several times and I know others have too. I lost 2 WW to this bug back to back 2 months after pub 16. I think I lost one other but was not able to verify it and then recenly lost my last legacy WW. I had hundreds of hours into all these WW and everytime I get them near 6-7 x GM they disappear. Most upsetting.

Quesar

L

Loral

Not one of the big ones, but I still end up in Fel occasionaly when I target a runebook thats defaulted for Tram. Another great "fix."

S

_Sun_

Bug...

I tried the ALL FOLLOW command with speech and got no target cursor up.

Tried the ALL FOLLOW command with the name of the individual and got no target cursor up.

The only thing that works is from the context menu when you click on the pet. Click the Command: ALL FOLLOW and then get a target.

I have used this with ALL kill and the pet will tag on to the other player LIKE GLUE. Using the context menu is out of the question for pvp. Its too slow to use with other commands.

M

Mike_Angelo

I've noticed that using sacred journey from inside runebooks sometimes doesn't work (from 2nd page, not the known last page bug). I gave up trying in end and used the usual 'set default', cast SJ on the runebook - ah well, at least it didn't cost me double mana and tithe /php-bin/shared/images/icons/laugh.gif

J

jimmy23

res healing has been seriously gimped. last nioght me and a teamate took as many as 15 tries to res heal with him having an 89 heal and me a 91.

G

If I use a skill (Like hiding) I cannot use any items (Like a shovel) till my skill wait timer ends.

Its really annoying when I am trying to target someone in PvP since I use a shovel on Siege (Since other items will eventually get destroyed if you keep on doing that)

Z

Zardo Zap

I think the problem is "all follow" is not working.

All follow me
<Petname> follow

seem to work

But when I do an all follow I neither get a targetting cursor, nor a pet following me.

Zardo

R

RAEL of LS

I know this has been covered already but....

The bugs in pub21 are fairly severe, concerning taming and runebooks. I have found not only is the last page of a runebook subject to the problem, but if i try to use a button (just after login) on the book for sacred journey i dont go anywhere, but if i set the default rune and then cast sacred journey from my chiv book on the runebook i will go to the selected spot and be able to use the buttons in the book from there on until i log out and back in again in which case i have to repeat the above remedy. of course i use double mana for this and that sucks. As far as taming goes... I see the same problems everyone else does. It's unplayable for tamers....

So, I am wishing for an early fix to these problems, an emergency fix. Not a publish 22 fix.

If wishes were horses beggars would ride and until they fix the bugs even my dragons wont fly.

RAEL of LS

Just Fix The Bugs!

R

RAEL of LS

there are lots of other weps that dismount a victim... try one out... they are faster and do more damage anyway...

RAEL of LS

I

imported_Hanna

Bug by design - thats basic what they told me when my elder smith damages durability 35-50% of the time on all successfull repairs. By my caculations that should distroy pretty much all people hard earn armour and weapons within 6 months. There will never be enough powders of fortifing to stop this. The average piece of armour has less than 80 durability take 1 point away from every other day if you fight every day and your armour is gone within 160 days. Nice item reduction, the loot now is constantly garbage so you wont be replacing what you have with anything new that is good. So you apply a whole can of fortifing to each piece that will run you about 150k - 200k per item and maybe buy you another 6 month of use. Whats the point of spending all that money and all that time to make an elder smith that distroys armour and weapons.

Enhancing is worse than before, the ASH dont add anything. Tailoring enhancing is very noticably worse, Smith enhancing was always bad and now it is worse.

Summoned elementals dont follow command right now and wonder off after kills. The list goes on and on.

Your development team spends so much time making the game worse, couldn't spend some of that time to work on something to make it better like the rest of the virtures? More quests?

Or fix the exceptional resistances on runic armour - why is total resist on exceptional runic armour about 10 points lower then standard GM exceptional?

BOD's well lets see, I haven't gotten better than a 4 piece normal cloth bod in months in tailoring. I have had to buy all the large bods I have filled. So that pretty much rules out runic armour for me. Smith bods I get are small weapons and shield bods with the occational large bod, oddly enough never a large weapons bod and since I almost never get the other small bods I can never fill the large ones I get. I have to hope I can buy them which I have never been able to do with out huge costs, or hope that I can get a small bod that will get me something by itself.

The game get more and more frustrating every pub.

T

Turak

Here's an 'old' bug....

The following speed for a dead pet is simply TOOO SLOW. When a pet turns to a ghost its follow speed should instantly be upped to a point where it can keep up with the player or the players ghost, even if the player or ghost is running fuill tilt.

Sheesh. the players pet and possibly the player have just died. They have to go through all the hassle of getting ressurected and if possible getting their equipment back. Why make it so that it takes FOREVER to get the pet somewhere to get ressed.

THe other bug is a PUBLISH 21 BUG;

According to the List for Pub. 21;

Increased the distance allowed between the person healing with bandages and the person being healed from 1 tile to 2 tiles.

It is true that you can 'start' the healing attempt from 2 squares away, but you MUST move to within 1 square away before the timer ticks away or the healing attempt will fail. Seems you can only 'start' from 2 squares away, NOT actually heal someone.

I am sure this must be unintended. Just wanted to make everyone aware of this glitch....

H

Harlotan

Why did they have to wreck healing ???
Healing only 20 hit points when I have 115 healing and 110 anatomy is simply unacceptable.

Sakkarah

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with pretty much all the bugs pointed out thus far. The nerf to the tamers is the worse. I don't even play mine anymore cuz it's plain ridiculous. Also the fact that you get the error message about not staying close enough to your pet while vetting even though you're sitting right on top of your pet.

But there is an other bug I've noticed tonight. Newly placed bulletin boards do not work for people other than the house owner. I tried to place a bulletin board in a new house. I could access it just fine, but no one else could. I tried setting the house to public, figuring maybe the fact that it was private was preventing others from using it, but to no avail. I went to my other house that already had a bulletin board from before Pub 21. Everyone had access to it. I removed it to replace it with the board I had placed in the other house to see if it was the board that was defective. Same bug. When I replaced the board that was previously working, it too was now bugged. We tried placing bulletin boards in a few other friends' houses. Same thing.

So if you have a bulletin board in your house, don't move it or it will no longer work /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

oh and another thing, dunno if this is since Pub 21 or was there before but what's the deal with dyed runes? I dyed a bunch of blank recall runes for my friend whose account is too young. As soon as he marks them, they turn back to the default beige color. Doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose of selling colored runes if the dye comes off when the runes get marked? That said, if you dye them after they have been marked then the dye remains. But that kinda sucks for the people who do not have 4yo vet friends to dye for them AFTER they've marked their runes.

G

Welcome to the club. This is exactly what the did with doublestrike. It STILL takes your mana to use regardless of wether you succede. As an Axer/warrior I am finding it increasingly hard to maintain a template that requires STR DEX and INT in great BIG handfulls. I wear plate which requires at least 90 str tho this is still not enough if i get cursed (armour falls off). I swing an axe for which i need dexterity to increase hit speed and lastly intellegence for the "special moves" which dont always work. As for them saying "doublestrike was never meant to work like that" check your book and see what it says "hits the target twice" hmmm doesnt do that anymore does it???
By the time I miss which seems to be like 66% i have no mana left. It seems as if they are forcing us to be scrolled up. Used to be 100x7 skills. Now you need 120 to succede at 8th lv spells everytime. Was there an increase in skill points to make up for this? NO THERE WASNT.
Now it seems as though we now need to scroll up our stats as well.

G

Not a pub 21 bug but i though it deserves mention due to MrTacts post.. even a small bug usually as bugs come, its kinda rare usually though with increased use of all stop its likely hood will increase

I'll label it 'all stop warp'

When issued an all stop command there is a small likelyhood that a pet will warp in an unpredictable direction (usually if a beach is on the server and only one that will be the direction..)

I have never seen a pet leave the subserver it is on due to all stop. I have only seen the bug overland.

Its surprising though that QA has not experienced the bug if they routinely do all stop, its rare but not that rare

T

Tippah

<blockquote><hr>

You forgot the fact that Vex's dynamic economy does not work.

It resets itself at server up

<hr></blockquote>
Zircon, are you positive on this? Which shard and which facet are you seeing this on?

I went to LS/Tram/Delucia and the tanner retained the value for hides (13gp) at server up.

Tippah

T

Tippah

<blockquote><hr>

Bug by design - thats basic what they told me when my elder smith damages durability 35-50% of the time on all successfull repairs. By my caculations that should distroy pretty much all people hard earn armour and weapons within 6 months. There will never be enough powders of fortifing to stop this. The average piece of armour has less than 80 durability take 1 point away from every other day if you fight every day and your armour is gone within 160 days. Nice item reduction, the loot now is constantly garbage so you wont be replacing what you have with anything new that is good. So you apply a whole can of fortifing to each piece that will run you about 150k - 200k per item and maybe buy you another 6 month of use. Whats the point of spending all that money and all that time to make an elder smith that distroys armour and weapons.

<hr></blockquote>
I personally applaud this move.

The concept of repairs potentially ruducing durability is in line with the rest of the game now. Otherwise, what exactly is the point of durability, self repair and POF? Those items/properties have now taken on increased significance.

I will admit I was hesistant to put on my "good" armour for a while. But now that this change has sunk in - I fully support it!

Tippah

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
don't know if this is a bug or not:
there is a completed t-map on the sonoma shard in fel vesper that has been sitting in the same place since pub 21. it doesn't decay. it's sitting on one of the bridges you would cross if you were traveling from The Warriors Companion to The Ironworks. after seeing it 3 or 4 days in a row, i picked it up &amp; moved it a tile just to see if it truly was a decayable item or a new graphic. no biggie tho.

i also am not thrilled about the bod changes but i will say it is a step in the right direction. i'm happy that i can finally get the smithy powerscrolls but still think they are over-rewarded for tailoring. tailoring powerscrolls are worthless on sonoma -- even the +20's.

G

I too discovered that. VERY annoying. But if you cast on the large dirt patches, like near the hole, then it will go down, but most other spots it will not fizzle and it won't go down 9+ out of 10 times. I wasted about 50 regs doing that on Test Sosaria. and there, thats alot of regs.

I also agree with the poster that said pets should be faster. I mean if they can make a bug where a mob attacking you can go as fast as you on a mount running at full bore, they can make your pets do the same.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But the other weapons that dismount all involve myself having to get off my ride which now leaves myself at a distinct disadvantage.

The lance had a great usefullness as a secondary strike weapon. Useing it during a battle instead of at the start left a melee char in a much better spot then what I now have to deal with.

I am left with haveing to dismount no matter what way I decide to try and dismount, then having to peace myself to remount. This leaves my target with a clear view of exactly what I am going to do.

Q

Quesar

Iam sorry guys, but this IS NOT THE WORST PUBLISH EVER !!!

I don't agree with how it was released or with how OSI does alot of what it does. However I gotta say this isn't as bad as all the whine I have read would otherwise indicate.

I quit over one publish because the game was totaly unplayable for me. The release of AOS created so much lag I could only put up with it for 6 weaks before I pulled the plug on three accounts. I came back when friends told me things were better. I only re-oppened one account and then when I saw how things were I re-oppened a second. The third is still collecting dust but for other reasons.

I believe the "worst" publish "ever" is in fact a highly subjective description based on ones "perspective" created by ones play style and character templates and experience with the game. Essentialy if alot of things affect a person they become aggravated and come here flaming.

I read alot of what was on here, I then left the boards with the concerns that most of my characters were going to be unplayable ie:

my tamer, wont beable to command or control
archerer, weapons will deteriorate rapidly
smith, BOD rewards messed up and only able to get junk BODS
smith repairs will rapidly destroy your weapons and armour

Iam not going to list everything, I dont need to do that to make my point.

So firstly I tried out my tamer,

May I remind you:

when pub 16 was released:
1) large amounts of lag for a couple days with continued though not as bad lag for the rest of the month
2)pets died rapidly vetting and magery would keep up only if you didn't lag and had maxed out skills
3)if the pet died (and they died frequently) large amounts of peramanent stat loss occured

Basically whats happening now is more of an inconvenience and if your pet dies it only loses .1 , pub 16 was worse, people were not playing tamers for almost 6 weaks

Archer:
Upon using this chatacter at Doom I found 2 things,
1- Nix the variety dealer, his prices are as reported only increasing
-this is an inconvenience, nothing more
2- Bows do not break down rapidly though I have made a couple observations
-the durability stays level for a long period and then suddenly falls several points where it then stays level again for a period of time
-the durability may or may not decrease in "jumps" but it always has a plataeu

Again both these items are inconveniences, nothing more. Nix needs a fix and the durability loss needs adjusting. I would say it is too fast, but after what I read I fully expected it to drop in leaps and bounds, coupled with what people are saying about repairs I would expect it to be a huge problem.

Smiths:

Ok first off I have know way of knowing about the rewards of high level BODS/LBODS, this may be off I don't know.

This being said Iam not offended in getting a "junk" BOD with a legendary smith. I don't expect to get them everytime, but I sure don't expect to get a good high end one everytime just becasue I have 120 skill. No matter what you skill is there should be a chance oif getting junk BODS and this should happen more frequently than receiving high end BODS. It should be scaled, so far I havent noticed anything out of the ordinary with it.

As for repairs and durability. I think its fine, losing one point on a failed attempt is acceptable. As for successes I would say that the way it has been in the past with no loss to durability either after a success or a failure is a BUG. At one time items broke especialy if the durability was low, also you needed "armslore" to check this. The game was never intended to have "0" durability loss either on a success or a failure. Again the only thing I can truely say is maybe the rate needs some adjusting.

Overall I think people have just been spoiled (from 0 durability loss), and now are whinning because their "bug" (cause thats what it is) got fixed.

I've also noted a few "bugs people have been reporting are actualy "not new" they are in fact old bugs that have been around for ages, some like pets targeting through walls are just much more apparent.

Fact is I don't like how these publishes get released. I would dare say that alot of the issues and how to solve them is probably well know to the dev team. I would think the real problem comes from pressure from management which translates into dollars.

Some people just fail to see that poor customer PR and poor products take away from those prectious dollars.

It probably also means that certain people cannot stand up to this pressure to make a change.

These publishes are suffering from very obvious deficiencies ones that I think if you are going to play the game you just have to accept, not that you like it.

Essentially "whinning" complaining and probably alot of other approaches will just fall on deaf ears.

I have been horribly upset in the past with "OSI" policies and service. I don't think it will change because I don't think this company is capable of changing how it does things.

Something integral to the company is causing this, its not the Dev team. I would say it has to be someone capable of pulling the strings, "leadership" and its probably not "lacking" but is negative.

Until this is changed I would be surprised to see anything improve.

OSI will continue to decieve, continue to release poor publishes, continue to neglect proper testing, insert undocumented changes, create more bugs than fixes and will always come back with canned replies. It will further do things as it sees fit (had to include that because of history).

I must say that despite this and despite my opinnionated beliefs reguarding OSI, I find alot of the complaints on this board "laughable".

Tamers are still playable, smiths are still playable, archerers are playable and compared to past publishes i see nothing here worse than a few inconveniences.

I have a friend that came here read the boards, ICQ'd me and told me how bad things were and I havent heard from him since. He's not playing, because he read and "bought" the crap on these boards. Ironicaly I was in fel at a champ hunt with 6 people killing Mesophite (however its spelt) with my tamer and a WW, there were 3 other tamers present. All this was going on while he was telling me how unplayable the game is, without even trying it.

Quesar

B

Bantrell

With this many bugs caused by a publish why not pull the publish back and do a rework on it ? Then making us play through it, I'm sorry, but I'm sure I am not they only person skeptical about another publish being ready by christmas. There is a high chance that the other revisions scheduled for Pub 22 will create their own bugs compounding the problem. It is probably agreed by many other players too, that some of the new content is not as desireable as fixing "known bugs", We appreciate the Dev teams effort it is needed for UO to compete in it's market, but it's biggest minus to attracting new players and keeping it's player base is getting rid of the bugs and not introducing new content or balances that brings with it new bugs.

My archer has had bugs for sometime.
My tamer can nolonger effectively hunt against a group of monsters.( forget trying to do a champ spawn)
My bard/mage balance nerf was way too severe, It might not be so bad if it only cost me 200 skill points instead of 240.

G

oh ya! Well you tell that to my friend who just lost another 7x WW from the stables....an 18 month old companion he guarded carefully and was soo proud of!!

Months of work down the tube, besides the fact, it was his favorite pet because I gave it to him as his first WW. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/mad.gif

WARNING EVERY TAMER OUT THERE.
Pets are disappearing all over the place!
This is the fourth one I have heard about last night besides what I have heard about the last couple of days!!

/php-bin/shared/images/icons/mad.gif

*edited* The player, my friend in UO for a year and a half, was the one who decided to wait and see if Osi was going to fix the publish, before he quit, until he lost his other pet. *sighs*

S

_Sun_

I took my WW Eon out to do Lich Lords today to see how he would fair.

I notice immediately that he started to lose loyalty. I fed him some gold and kept an eye on him.

I know that when I used to hunt him on eternal meers and meer mages that the loyalty was sometimes a problem so I got used to keeping an eye on that.

I lost my 2nd Eon to the loyalty thing. He went wild and a blue killed my long time friend before I could do anything about it. So I am thinking pub21 has something in there with the loyalty falling too fast but whatever it is just keep an eye on him and drop some gold on your WWs and they will go 100% back on loyalty.

For now - All you Tamers out there KEEP AN EYE on the LOYALTY of your pets. BONDED pets will go wild under certain conditions.

T

TaraLynne

I didn't see this one listed but I was reading fast so I can get to sleep so please forgive me if it's already here!

I had a balance of 325,901 gold in my bank. I created a check for 325,000 and the 901 disappeared! I tried again by making a check for 320k but the 5k stayed put. I'll test it out some more tomorrow when I'm awake!

G

Well, here is another one....

WWs killing blue players at brit bank in Trammel....

Wws was not wild. And players not in guild.

Told my friend he didnt like blazed clothes! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

G

Yes, our pets are losing loyalty....We must feed some pets every hour, but strange thing is its not affecting all the pets...

This is messed up bad...

/php-bin/shared/images/icons/crazy.gif

C

ChanceTWN

I would like to give a suggestion.
Since you don't have time and manpower to debug.
Why not encourage players to help?
First people who find a bug on test shard get 1 FREE month gametime.
Rush to run a new publish with lot of bugs only make players dissapointed.

L

Lady Malynn

I am really saddened about what I'm hearing about the bone deamon quest for skulls. Folks are "stealing" skulls from others. Those who work and gather the bones are thought to be the fools. Why gather bones, when you can go after taking the skull of others.

I really don't understand why OSI made this change.

DrDolittle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

My toilet wont flush now!!! Damn buggy publishes!!!!

<hr></blockquote>What?!? You must have used that "flushable toilet exploit"! You are sooooo banned! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

I

imported_Hanna

You may be correct to a small extent, but GM, Elder and Legendary should not be doing damge to the itmes 35-50% of the time. If someone plays a lot their items will be probably be gone in a less than few (3) months even with a elder or legendary Blacksmtih and that is fundimentally wrong.

I was on the test shard with a char that I gave .1 and then 15 smithing to and although they failed more oftern the chances of damaging on success where the same as my elder smith has. GM, elders and legendaries should not be damaging items at that rate period.

E

Elliott

Emergency Requiring Immediate Action = Massive Closed Accounts

The boards are a release to keep you from closing your accounts, with minimal feedback as long as the accounts remain open, and the money is flowing.

Deleting characters are not even noticed.

Threats to close accounts are barely noticed.

Messages requested at the closing of the account are taken very seriously and read by people interested in keeping accounts opened, much more weight than these boards.

These statements are from my personal experience only, as I have closed my account(s) on a few occasions to make a point to the management.

*caution, there are real costs involved, be prepared to lose all characters, home(s), and items, may not happen, but be prepared to take this kind of hit before closing any account*

It is sad to see so many negativly affected by this latest Publish. If efforts are being made by the UO staff to correct some of these problems behind the scenes, server side patches not announced, then it would be benificial to go public.

I have seen much that i like in this publish, as in receiving four large tailoring bods after a six week drought, and my first two spined sewing kits. The healing change is allowing my 'old template' warrior some much needed ego lifting, though he still stands aside and watches the paladins sweep through a spawn in a third of the time. It is my choice to remain a warrior, and make the game change(s) a challenge to overcome.

Or, close my accounts, again.

K

Karienta

I believe it's always been that way.. just an annoying setback for a tailor.

S

Sebat

Problem:

Not sure if I menioned this but it's worth mentioning again as I haven't seen much commentary on it.

Since this last bug fix if I take my miner out and go in to hiding I cannot mine for ten seconds. I think this is the normal timer between using hiding and stealth. Then if I select stealth I again have to wait ten seconds before mining.

Prior to this I could select Hiding and mine while waiting and then select stealth. If it failed I could mine for ten seconds and then reroll another attempt. It may not sound like much, but try it and you'll see quickly how much of a pain it is. With only .3 to go to GM it is really frustrating as otherwise getting the skill gain is right up there with watching paint dry and makes it VERY boring.

S

Syncros

Insurance bug, Players losing their insured items. Just happened to my friend, she lost her shield and her 2/6 ring and bracelet to it as they stayed on her corpse and someone looted them. She has over 300k in the bank too and insurance does pull it from check form.

S

Syncros

Another bug. Killing a player with your pet ( ww and mare) you dont get any insurance. Been happening like that for awhile now.

K

khaldor

Europa Bugs, Pub 21

a) Pub 21 was suposed to remove crates left behind by houses decaying in malas? Well its not. The crate east of the pryamid/west of the mountains in Malas caused by the fall of a house 3 months ago is still there.

b)Dragons are often going into fly mode and sticking (both pets and wild) this means in death the loot can be out of reach as they are mid air when dead...can we have 'gravity' occur on death of a monster/pet please?

c)Backpack closing at random times in doom, as per going over server line.

d) Why do some 'custom' houses have more than one xmas tree placed? Should this be limited to one? (see house at north gate luna for example). Unless UO changed the rule on this?

e) Even more pets vanishing at stables (old bug been around for 6 months), reports seem to be if your lagged, and hit stable sometimes it vanishes and doesn't go in stable, if someone else is taking a pet out of the stables at the same time. I lost my nightmare when my client crashed imediately upon stabling. This is my sencond lost pet this way!

Lets see if we can keep this channel flame free, so these bugs are easy to spot by the developers and they can fix them.

I

imported_Hanna

<blockquote><hr>

I have seen much that i like in this publish, as in receiving four large tailoring bods after a six week drought, and my first two spined sewing kits.

<hr></blockquote>
Your lucky then because its been several months for me and I still haven't seen any.With 105 tailoring I seem to get worse BODs the higher I get. I know many people have several tailors just so they can get BODs, I can't afford this, no would I want to. I just think one should be able to get a large other than a 10 piece normal 4 piece cloth LBOD with in that time. I go get BODs 2-3 times a day in hopes that this will change, but I am still waiting for the "drought" to end.

G

not sure if its beenmentioned but I cast a few damaging spells on myself in Vesper in Fel and it said guards could now be called on me. I was grey , but not sure if grey only to myself or everyone.