• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Post ALL Publish 21 Feedback/Bugs/issues in this thread.

R

Rijus

i think pub21 is the worst publish i ever seen...

the new economy system of pub21 is so so sad... :-(((((((

so OSI, please think with your brain, not with your foot when you wanna make changes into UO...

so now, the only way is to remove this kind publish21 now...

and i think for all pepoles like me who like crafting it's the time to quit UO for Horizons if this new publish is not removed...

G

- If you are killed by a monster, it will follow your ghost

You don't consider this a show stopper? Uhm... can we say ghost luring?

H

Hunter9999

I found that i cant get OFF my gangplank whilst the boat is locked.
Just rubberbands me back to the boat.....

V

Vloth

Why are condemned grandfathered houses on closed accounts and condemned houses on closed accounts being autorefreshed? What happened to the rest of Phase III?

Why are some condemned houses on closed accounts not showing the house condition after pub 21 went in when they were the day before?

Why are items that fall on the ground after a house decays being deleted when they are moved under the house sign by someone placing over them?

A

Adam Killer

Mr. Tact seriously. Every publish you guys have done so far has been a few weeks behind due to finding bugs...and with the huge list of bugs in 21 trying to rush out 22 before x-mas (which wouldnt happen anyway) is just going to mean more junk slipping through..im sure a GREAT majority of the players would like patches for these bugs as quick as possible and live without another full publish until some time after the first of the year. This way you can put in a fix a week(or every few days) check it out and if its ok move on to the next(since its clear yanking the whole publish isnt possible or likely if it is)

..now whered i leave that english book to find where to make seperate paragraphs :p

M

mrwarpig

I haven't seen any archers posting here. We've had problems for years, missing a lot with 110 to 120 archery and my archer/bard seems to forget what he's doing when he's supposed to be shooting what I want him to.

S

Sebat

Problem: I'm trying to use hiding and stealth when mining in order to GM stealth. I now find when I double click on "Stealth" it is something like 10 seconds before I can again target an area to mine. So I hit "Stealth" and then I am NOT able to get the targeting cursor for about ten seconds. May be less but not much less and I didn't use a stop watch. This, of course, is a big problem to anyone mining while attemting to use other skills.

A quote from MrTact: "We feel that Test Sosaria is going to give us that. I know many many people can't fathom why anyone would make that shard their regular shard. I can surmise a few good reasons (to be the first to see new features and bugfixes, to play on a shard with a very small population), but I don't really have to do that;"

No, you don't. But without a dedicated and perpetual test shard you will never have what the dev team really neads in order to assure fewer bugs are ported to the live shards. And if they want to play on a shard with lower population, PLEASE send them to Lake Austin. Remember it? "THE" site, the new premier shard right there at home? When sorting by population you can usually find it WELL below Sosaria!

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"You can get faction silver from faction monsters even if you are not in an opposing faction"

Iam not in factions at all on Siege and get silver with my treasurehunter for killing Ogre Lords. So its not only the opposing facting thingy /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

J

jat

Boy you sure did hit the nail on the head! I hope to God MrTact reads this and responds to it. I saw what he said about the people who use a macro for all stop and all follow. This is not what we are talking about MrTact! When your pet decides it wants to kill something, it doesn't matter what you say to it. It's keeps on target even after I say it. And wandering off every single time it kills something??? Why??? Please say this is going to be fixed before the next publish!

J

jat

Hate to tell you this Bixby, but that was intended. I own a castle and I posted a lot about NOT wanting this change as did others. But my words fell on deaf ears. ;(

G

<font color=red>For the first time since I started I am seriously considering cancelling our 5 accounts.
MrTact your lackluster response to our concerns is nausiating. I sat here for a while and tried to decide which character I could play. Finally I decided that none were worth it since this publish has caused bugs with all.
Hello? Are you all even listening to what the playerbase has been saying here?
Is it so much more important to get this publish out than to get it right?
The right thing to do would be to remove this publish and hold off untill it is right before republishing.
Are you all so blindsided that you cannot see whats happened here? This is not a few unhappy folks here.
Please I beg you... reconsider holding off these fixes. Consider instead removing this publish and stripping it down. See it from the players eyes. Right now all I see is you saying "yeah I know it sucks but fixing it will have to wait, maybe we will fix it before christmas, but at least we are working on character transfers!"
Give us a break here.

Z

Zeldarwen

I have to agree! Do it right or dont do it at all. But Since we're past the .. dont do it at all stage. Then taking the publish off the shards seems to be the next logical step. We know that the devs would rather put out high quality publishes. We can guess that you have "suits" or management pushing to get the char transfer out and running so that they can have their Christmas Bonus or something of the sort.

Why not remove the publish fix it and along with the fixed publish put out whatever is supposed to go into Pub 22... or better yet wait on 22 as it seems you will have to rush that publish out as well.

We (well I ) really dont mind publishes taking longer as long as they work correctly and dont introduce new bugs. As it is I cant play the majority of my chars.. having a tamer, smith, archer x2 and a Thunter. All have issues. Heres hoping you are given the time to do things right!

G

Grettir

Issue:
Smith Bod rewards are way off, Many of the Hardest L bods ingame now only give ASH which most smiths dont want to see. Basicly most smiths wanted less randomness and LESS ASH. Now they have hardly a reason to keep continue collecting these bods because most of the rare bods they get are worthless. This Issue Needs to be addressed ASAP because otherwise OSI/EA will be seeing a lot of Closed BOD accounts which will mean less revenue for OSI and less money for support ingame.

D

Darth-SP

Problem ----

still can't gain resist on SP above 100 (not sure about 90), even thought I was assured it was included. Haven't tried faction method to raise it however, but I thought that would not be neccessary.

Comments --------

Taming change to take away the warp to target was great, the control issues for pets is unacceptable.

Healing change is great, but I have my doubts on the reduction of healing and the 26 points. Something isn't right as I swear I have healed for 0, something which shouldn't have happened. I'll try and get a better handle on this, in the heat of battle it is just tricky to account for damage, and heals.

If the idea it is that you can't disarm 2 handed weapons, great! If it is a bug, then leave it in. I think holding a two handed weapon is huge penalty, and if this is an advantage, then there is more decisions and tradeoffs to be made in combat. But the fact the timer does not work on spell chanelling weapons is still terrible.

Lances, damn about time! What a nice change, now if you can do something about bola's we could get down to some real PvP.

----------

I see the fact of getting these problems fixed as no small effort. And lets not mention the problems that are still present in the game.

I suppose if they keep pub 22 to the gifts, and fixing problems, just maybe they will get to meet the deadline. I hope they do not try and get more undocumented features added! Keep it simple!

Honestly, I have little hope for them making this deadline, I am trying to think a publish which went out on time. Nope, can't think of one, boy it would be a great gift if they could make one!

S

Sebat

Don't leave the game, Flutter, I'll bet you have enjoyed it a lot in the past. But here is what you CAN do.

Take a look at www.ea.com and find the list of officers and directors of Electronic Arts. Note that some of them are in their 60's and 70's and I'll bet they KNOW what customer support should be. And if you leave this game they are the ones who will lose, financially. Take the time to write them a letter, to the Chair with a request for him to copy all the directors or to each director individually. And very important, please mark each "PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL" to assure it goes in to their hands unopened.

To those seriously upset by what has been happening for all too long: Please take the time to put your thoughts on paper and in the hands of those who can do the most good.

I recommend EVERY player who has reached the end of his or her rope do this. I can be pretty sure the letters will not be ignored and the more the better! What is happening here will impact the bottom line, not only for UO but for UO:X and they need to be able to protect their investments.

G

Well my boyfriend has already left to go look at games. I don't know if he will buy a whole new online game or just something to keep us occupied untill all this is sorted out. He hadn't decided before he left so I guess I will find out when he gets home.
UO really seems to be on it's last legs these days. The past year has really been downhill, we have lost a lot of good people to UXO (which I am not interested in playing), and it seems that OSI is more interested in finding ways to charge us for things than they are in simply adding new content.
Should have really seen it comming when they started letting you buy ready made characters from them.

I am not saying I am leaving yet. I am seriously considering it though.
Too bad. I really love UO. I wouldn't have played this long, and had this many accounts if I didn't. I just wish someone who mattered would listen.

F

F.Gordon

Personnally i'm well disapointed in this publish 21.
It has nothing I wanted nor required.
Pretty much all the things I would have like to play now within UO have been messed up.
If I cancel my account for a month or two giving OSI enough time to fix the game, I loose my Tower since my account would be inactive.

Anyone else think there should be a longer timer on "inactive" accounts? Perhaps a retaining fee where I pay an extra months subscription and gurantee my account and items are ok for another year or so?

There is really nothing I wish to play in UO atm but I dont want to loose everything just incase they make it worth playing.

What you guys think? Increase the inactive account timer or quit?

F

F.Gordon

Personnally i'm well disapointed in this publish 21.
It has nothing I wanted nor required.
Pretty much all the things I would have like to play now within UO have been messed up.
If I cancel my account for a month or two giving OSI enough time to fix the game, I loose my Tower since my account would be inactive.

Anyone else think there should be a longer timer on "inactive" accounts? Perhaps a retaining fee where I pay an extra months subscription and gurantee my account and items are ok for another year or so?

There is really nothing I wish to play in UO atm but I dont want to loose everything just incase they make it worth playing.

What you guys think? Increase the inactive account timer or quit?

G

Meow
Well it seems most of the bugs that I have personally experiances(from my playing a whole 2 hours last night) are already posted.
1) T Map loots VERY rarly gets past 50% intensity regardless of Level. How about putting T map loot at Post 19 Pre 20, that was great loot for 5s, decent for 4s and ok for 3s. It wasn't like this which is a total waste.

2) Energy Vortexs(Vortices?) err anyway they continually make their casting/creation sound when just attacking or moving around.

3) I can not open some of my rune books the first double click, it sometimes takes up to 6 double clicks(so 12 clicks), now at first I thought this was lag, but it wasn't, it just didn't register.

Good things about this publish:
Well I kinda been pancakes for the last two days about how horrible this publish is, however you did manage to fix a couple of things that I noticed in my 2 hours of play.
1) Enhancing(at least for me, others are reporting different results) is a lot better, I actually succeeded on some "high" luck leggings.
2) Gains, I am getting kick ass gains from Tailoring(it was stated the higher your cap the better your gains would be), thats the only skill I am really working.
3) Vendors always have 500 of whatever item(stackable), which is nice if your looking for it, such as hides.
I have not logged onto my tamer, cause of the loads of bugs I keep hearing about.

Well I hope you track down all these bugs and put out AT LEAST ONE Emergency Bug Fix Publish.

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ive noticed on sacred jurney from the book also when it fails it still results in mana loss

T

tzigane

What are the roles you like to play in UO?

If they don't require housing, then just put your most treasured keepsakes in your characters' bank boxes, sell the house or give it away, and deactivate for a while.

Check for new developments once a month or so. If you see a notice that the deletion of inactive characters has finally been started then make your decision, reactivate or quit.

That code is ready but has never been used because the server has not run out of room since they put in the change. Your characters and their bank accounts will be safe from everything except for hackers until the server that holds our character info gets full enough to have that 'unused character deletion' code kick in. My gut feeling is that it never will, but you will want to check in once in a while just to be sure it hasn't.

G

"Wailing Banshee" are running/walking faster than most speedhackers are able to run...... kind of like when monsters speedhacked on tc2........ surely this isnt as intended.

D

Darth-SP

Interesting benifit in taming change.

My wrym has been gaining more magery/eval/med skill probably because it takes longer to get to the target now, and isn't being hit while getting there!

S

Slowpoke

I have noticed a great increase in lag and lock ups since the release. That coupled with what appears to be a increase in monster speed makes it very difficult for some dial up players.
I have died twice today recalling home because I couldn't out run a ogre. Considering I hadn't died but one time since moving there a year ago, I'd say that's pretty crappy odds ya?

C

CitizenKane2

Thank you very much for your reponses, both on this thread and on others. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif And I'm sure you can see why many of us would like the bugs in Publish 21 fixed really soon. (For myself, I see the pet bug, the durability loss on successful repair issue and the monster following ghost bug to be the most serious)

(Frankly speaking, yesterday was a harrowing experience for quite a number of players, including myself, after viewing all the posts about the various bugs on Publish 21 and the unusual silence from OSI/EA).

K

kazua

<blockquote><hr>

You can add one more to the rune book bug you can recall and gate from them
even if you have taken out your spell book!!

<hr></blockquote>
It's not a new issue, even if you think it is an issue.
Do you know the ingredients of a runebook?

S

Salt FoamBreaker

<font color=purple>Mr Tact,

Your programmer is a landlubber/php-bin/shared/images/icons/members/devillaugh.gif
</font color=purple>

1. Fields cast on a deck that extend beyond the areas a player can walk land on the sea.

2. Fields of all types can be cast on the sea and are effective, so I can cast a energy field to stop a boat or even block it in. Even in Trammel.

3. Fields cast on the side of the boat block it in place.

4. Blade Spirits are now broken like Fields were, can you make it so we can cast blades on the sea?/php-bin/shared/images/icons/crazy.gif

5. Boat naming is not working, boats that have names when dry docked do not have names when launched.

Basically more boat stuff is broken than was fixed, we are going backwards/php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

I do not mean this in jest or as sarcasm, can you roll the boat code back and publish what we had right before the field bug, then roll in the half key fix, where it must be in main pack and stop at that. Obviously some more research into the boat code is required before these sorts of changes can be made reliably.

G

Hmm, It seems my little pancake pales into insignificance with all the obvious stuff-ups in Pub 21 the rest of you are reporting. *thanks all the gods he has no tamers, smiths, tailors et al.* Do any of the Dev Team play this game, ever? *shrugs* Is there actually anyone in the system anywhere that even contemplates testing changes before inflicting them on the Paying Players...Do any of these people I keep hearing about that allegedly work for OSI exist or are they just a bunch of pixelated automatons, programmed with platitudes in a similar way to to the help wizards in MSWord?

That said, my little gripe is that now over 50% of the monsters (Shadow Wryms in particular) I've killed since this fiasco was released are inaccessable to loot.
It makes no difference if they are on flat ground in the middle of the floor. that you can access the corpse to skin them and, most annoying, can open their corpses, highlight the loot but get told it is Out of Sight. Ok, pre-Pub 21, one in maybe 20 or so would end up in the air or in amongst rocks, stalagtites etc, but since yesterday..50%?? Course, this wouldn't be such a problem if they fixed telekinesis, which hasn't worked in like..forever.
Christmas bonuses for all that worked on this little gem of a Publish....NOT!!!

K

Krosis

The pet issues alone are enough to *REQUIRE* an emergency fix.

You also said your QA people "routinely" use a macro that issues an "all stop".

Perhaps you should educate your QA staff on proper testing procedures as it seems apparent that they do not understand the purpose of their job. They should be testing under extreme conditions, not just the letter of the design specs. The design specs probally will work, the programmers test that as part of their job. QA should be testing *beyond* the design specs, feeding the system garbage and unusual conditions and seeing how it responds. Try to tame a rock and make sure it says "You can't tame that" type of thing.

Krosis

G

<font color=purple> I think the only way to remove the pub would be a revert to an older backup. Sounds like a good idea to me. It only has to go back a few days. Nothing in the pub seems to work correctly and most of it is totally unnecessary anyway.

Revert. Get it right or don't do it at all. </font color=purple> <font color=red> Please! </font color=red>

Don't make me change my sig.

G

I honestly don't care if they revert the whole month of November.
What's really sad is it seems the devs don't care if their/our game is playable over the holidays or not.
I try really hard to be understanding. Really I do.
I was going to remodel my house for the upcomming holiday season. Now I am even afraid to do that!

H

Honey

A character of mine was out running around tonight and his mage book simply disappeared from his back pack.

For some reason he is still able to recall, though he has no mage book in his pack at all now. I didn't try gate, because his magery is kind of wussi. He can't cast any other spells.

This was on Felucca facet, and happened as I crossed a server line north of Minoc (Drachenfels shard).

G

Well, my friend just quit the game.

He was sooo mad at his pet not minding the kill command and he got caught in a spawn and his pet wouldnt move fast enough to kill the next target. The pets are to slow in a spawn to kill the next target now and the monsters are faster. He told his pet to kill again and it stood there looking at him, and the next thing my friend was killed.

My pet wouldnt obey my all stop and all follow command, or other command either sometimes.

I am having a great Thanksgiving, as my hunting partner and ingame friend, that I have had for a year and a half is now gone...

I am sitting here alone stunned.

.../php-bin/shared/images/icons/sad.gif

*edited* Because this is supposed to be about bugs. *sighs*

G

I'm sorry to hear that.
I am sure this publish is the last straw for a lot of folks.
It would be a different story if we heard something right away that told us that we wouldnt have to deal with this much longer. Instead we are told they will "try and fix it before Christmas"
Just goes to show the people that make and create our game do not play it.

H

Honey

The reason I was running all over Sosaria, was to update and verify my castle count.

I have a map of every castle on Drachefels.

There are 64 on Trammel facet, and 8 on Felucca.

(Just in case any newer players are reading this thread: there is a reason for the vast difference. The Felucca land mass was settled 'randomly' as players were able to earn the money to place a house when the shard first opened. The Trammel facet had a time where only castles and keeps could be placed. With wide open spaces, this resulted in far more castles being able to be placed.)

Anyway... if Drachenfels is similar to other shards (and I don't see why it wouldn't be), that means that for every Felucca castle, there are eight Trammel castles. So:

-&gt; point 1. "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." The courtyard 'fix' inconveniences so many Trammel castle owners and probably only helps in one or two cases of the Felucca castles, as most people I know who play regularly in Felucca would not even consider calling a GM over this issue.

-&gt; point 2. It's been offered as a reason for this fix that people can get a rune to the courtyard of a castle, and camp there, harrassing the occupants. This is not a valid point, as the same people can camp outside the outer door of any house, and accomplish the same thing.

-&gt; point 3. Another reason given is that people can open gates to castle courtyards and lure unsuspecting victims into the yard to use them as a killing field. Is there anyone who has not heard already that stepping into a gate in Felucca means you either are trusting the caster, or you're willing to take your chances? Also, this is still possible, as a player can step into their own courtyard and open a gate to town, for example. An 'accomplice' could then be in place in town by the gate to lure the innocent in.

-&gt; Point 4. No one can be held prisoner in a castle courtyard. As a ghost, they can simply float out through the doors as normal. And the live player can't be held prisoner there. As far as I recall, you can always run OUT of a house. People can't lock you IN with their doors. Even saying that a banned person can't run through that bit of hallway to get out, or that the second set of doors (the one on the inner side of the front hallway) is set to friends only or so, is not an issue. They can always use the I'm Stuck option. Maybe they'll get killed while they wait, and then not be able to get back in to loot their corpse. Big deal. They'll lose anything they didn't insure. Isn't this how Felucca works? You do something dumb, you pay the price.

So the fix doesn't really fix anything. And, it makes the poor layout of the castle even more of a problem.

If this courtyard solution is kept in place, how about removing the half-walls that prevent you from going left or right when you first enter the outer doors? It doesn't seem useful to make people waste time running down all these long corridors every time they want to put something away, or get a weapon from a chest or whatever.

UncleSham

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i shall try to contribute some info i have gathered .
it is in hope that you will realize the folly you are working.

first i must point out what has been said many times before .

you cannot build a bigger house on a crumbling foundation.

your policy of a publish every 6 weeks is flawed . we the customers do not want more junk . we want our game to work.
please stop adding more stuff untill you make what is here work

now . for my data :

yesterday i used my paladin to "sacred journey" from my home in malas to brit west bank roof in tram. i keep a book with brit roof as default . i used an in game macro to "cast spell" sacred journey , and targeted the book in question.
as soon as i landed on the roof my computer froze . everything including the mouse . five secconds later i get a "blue screen error" and the entire computer shut down . (yay)

upon reload i got some message about the first entry in about 4 or 5 lines was invalid . scan disk wanted to "truntate" or whatever .. i just let it do it .

after windows fixrd itself i relogged on the paladin . it appeared to load . showed him standing on the bank roof ... mouse frozen ... 5 secconds = blue screen buh by ...
i reloaded and tried again 2 more times each one resulting in an immediate crash.

i logged in with annother account and used my warrior to recall in (from the same house to a spot on the same bank roof) he arived fine and was able to move about .

on the roof i met annother 2 guys . one told me his friend had crashed just like i had. (so its wasnt just me)

i reloaded ultima using 3d instead of my usual 2d and i was able to log on with my paladin and move about normally .

once my paladin was safely back home i reloaded uo in 2d and it worked fine after that . in not sure what trigered it . but there you have it.

seccondly id like to point out a shortcoming reguarding bows . lately i have to repair my bow 2 or 3 times a day . with the current program making each repair takes a point off its total item hit points . the few good bows i have only have 35 to 40 points ... which at current rate would be totaly depleted in less than 2 weeks.
i cannot use any of my good bows for fear of destroying them. and i suspect there are other items in danger of being destroyed as well as i have not had opertunity to test others yet . however i can tell you bows are decaying very rapidly and there frankly arent that many good bows to be had .please help .

the tamer issue is so sever i will not use my tamers till pets actually listen . we should not have to wait for a publish for this .

please remove this abomination of a publish . if you have to revert to do so . i would rather see that than wait till your damn good and ready for annother publish to fix things.

R

RAEL of LS

While I am insulted by your tone about being deleted, I will say that I am rather disturbed by the pet problems. PLEASE FIX THIS RIGHT AWAY. I have had problems with my pet returning to me from combat and from being attacked even from behind a double wall and no contact is being made. they just ignore the command while grunting thier usualy aquiessence and just sit there like i said nothing.
I am 106 tame 101 lore 99 vet and they dont obey at all. Mainly my WW is giving me the most trouble. they are the most faithful of the pets and it is not performing correctly.

Thanks

RAEL of LS.

C

Conleth

I have noticed that some creatures are teleporting onto whilst following (Liches and Wailing banshees) at an incredibly high rate of speed and for incredibly long distances. Ala the old 'spawn on steriods' during recent TC2: when trying to outrun them, they will instantly teleport onto you if they ever seem in danger of falling off the edge of your screen, and they follow for many many screens. This cannot be intended: it is literally impossible to escape.

I have only had a chance to log in whilst in Doom, am unsure if this happens in other areas or with other creatures.

R

RAEL of LS

Ummmm,
one more thing.....
wasn't this stuff on the test center?

How do you lose an embedded program that has been foundation programming and this big? Emergency Fix? You damn well better believe it is an emergency. This is the worst publish this year. You wont revert. I know this. I just want what I have wanted since this board was created on the UO site years ago.........

JUST FIX THE BUGS!

RAEL of LS

G

Yeah the monsters are speed hacking.
When we reported this we were told it was a bug and wouldn't make it to production shards...
Guess they *forgot* to fix that one... along wth the tmap loot and various other unsundry bugs that have made our game unplayable.

G

I see a few more players have had it with this game, I personally just came back to the game after leaving some three months ago. I almost cancelled, but with the upcoming publish, I decided to start playing just this last week. I discovered first of all that because I took a break...I paid the account mind you. never let that fall behind...I didn't get the 6th year Birthday rewards cos i didn't happen to log in during the right period which is a complete rip off, thanks OSI..don't see them giving me any game credits for being discriminated against...and I don't care that somewhere it said you had to claim in 30 days..if you were away but paying you should get them, jeez its only a few pixels to show a little care for the paying customer...anyway, apparently my complaint is now being looked at by Level support, whatever that means.
Anyway, I'm now back where I was a few months ago. wondering whether I will continue paying this crowd anymore. My Brother, who also has an account, is cancelling his at Christmas..he's paid up til then anyway and might as well get any gifts that OSI feel like throwing out this year..let me see..Hmm..original ideas needed..I know, some Snowballs, A bell, maybe a Tree or a Snowy Scene of someplace you can't see but the crystal ball says it is, so it must be. Woo-Hoo. I got a better idea...how about a patch that fixes something...anything at all..without creating more bugs than it fixes...Now tghat would be Original, Welcomed and such a Rare...more chance of getting a 3 headed Liche Lord Statue that sang Stairway to Heaven than that, but one can dream.

Atheryn

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Instead we are told they will "try and fix it before Christmas"

<hr></blockquote>

From what MrTact said in his comment, it sounds as though the reason why the Dev's are trying to rush out pub22 before Christmas, is because pub22 is based around new christmas presents. FYI has hinted at it, and MrTact basically said that if pub22 is delayed because they have to spend time doing an emergency fix for pub21 first, christmas will basically suck for everyone, since a delayed pub22 will mean late christmas presents. That's the way I took his comment, anyway. Personally, as much as I'd like some new christmas collectibles to play with, I would much rather be able to play UO. For a lot of us, we can't even do that - all because of some of the shocking bugs contained in pub21.

D

Drae

---------------
more chance of getting a 3 headed Liche Lord Statue that sang Stairway to Heaven than that, but one can dream.
---------------

hehehe... that is 2 funny. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

M

mouldir

Let me spell this out clearly Mr Tact:

WE DO NOT WANT YOU TO WORK ON P22, WE WANT YOU TO FIX P21!

There is nothing in P22 that is more important to your paying customers than fixing the bugs described here. Lets face it, you were never going to get P22 out for Xmas anyway based on previous delays to release schedules.

If there is something that you feel just has to be there for Xmas then implement that one feature and nothing else and spend the rest of your efforts on an emergency publish for these bugs. Its the only way to restore some semblance of goodwill with us. You are currently killing this game and causing folks to quit, please stop doing that.

I

imported_Xegugg

Healing is great in my opinion. Tamers really got shafted. When you have your pet attack a player it moves as if it were dead in result the excitement in watching your pet chomp down on a person can not happen because it can't ever get to the person you are attacking. In spawns it sucks too "all stop" makes your pet dead meat and I have 104 taming, 115 lore and 112 vet and I have a hard time controlling my pets even using the suggested "all stop". Commanding it to follow you after it's last target does not happen if you have another thing on your pet, I find having to use a few charges on my pet ball to get it away from heavy spawn so I can heal it and so it can at least live to be bothersome. Even when using the pet ball to get your pet I have noticed my white wyrm will also vanish and I will be several screnes away from the spawn area and it teleports back to the spot to it's last target, which results using another charge on the ball again. I play a few different tamer types and now with this publish they all seem pretty much pathetic in the state now with how things are. Working the tamer up to a high level to play the character is a pain to do, and now once you achieved the level and you are in publich 21, all your time seems like a waste with the results in this publish.

F

Fizban

Seeing as how b4 publish 21 i was never able to b4 i would say it is an issue. and who are you to say what is an issue or not. Even if they designed it this way that is what this thread is for not for FLAMES!!
and yes i am a scribe also so i KNOW the ingredients to a runebook

A

aoskilleduo

PVP BUG here.......if you cast explosion, Target someone, then run up to para hit with wrestling.....it para's the caster not the target.

B

blip

Being able to recall without the spell(book) was possible before publish 21 when using runebook charge. If it's a bug, then it was a long existing one.