• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In the cc client i used to have enemy of one set so that my target was bright purple so i knew the spell had "bonded" as like

is there a way with the EC to modify target colour from the default red so i can be sure i have the right target?

i know the gump changes to orange but i would liketo see a bright purple target:)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the cc client i used to have enemy of one set so that my target was bright purple so i knew the spell had "bonded" as like

is there a way with the EC to modify target colour from the default red so i can be sure i have the right target?

i know the gump changes to orange but i would liketo see a bright purple target:)
can't be done by script.

E

Exxon

I'm not quite sure I did everything right but here it goes.

I'm running on Vista 64bit, downloaded the UI Patcher and put it in my main directory for UOEC. I made a shortcut and put it on my desktop and ran it as admin. It started up, installed the UI fine. Just to be sure I closed the patcher and restarted it and under Operation Log I get:

Initializing...
Checking internet connection... Done.
Version file located, checking version...
Current UI Version: Pinco's UI ver. 4.6c
Checking for new version... Done.
EC PlaySound detected, closing... Done.
The UI is up to date!

I press "Start UO Game" in the patcher, loads up EC. Under Custom UI's I pick Pinco's and log in. This is where I'm having trouble at. It takes about 3-5 minutes for it to load, I still hear the music and am able to do other things while I'm waiting. Once it does load I get this screen (which is attached). I've tried to uninstall and reinstall it via the patcher but still the same problem. I am able to load up the Default UI and log in without any problems. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Attachments

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not quite sure I did everything right but here it goes.

I'm running on Vista 64bit, downloaded the UI Patcher and put it in my main directory for UOEC. I made a shortcut and put it on my desktop and ran it as admin. It started up, installed the UI fine. Just to be sure I closed the patcher and restarted it and under Operation Log I get:

Initializing...
Checking internet connection... Done.
Version file located, checking version...
Current UI Version: Pinco's UI ver. 4.6c
Checking for new version... Done.
EC PlaySound detected, closing... Done.
The UI is up to date!

I press "Start UO Game" in the patcher, loads up EC. Under Custom UI's I pick Pinco's and log in. This is where I'm having trouble at. It takes about 3-5 minutes for it to load, I still hear the music and am able to do other things while I'm waiting. Once it does load I get this screen (which is attached). I've tried to uninstall and reinstall it via the patcher but still the same problem. I am able to load up the Default UI and log in without any problems. Any thoughts on how to fix this?
is not an UI problem, is a game problem...
try to reinstall the game... and be sure you have no lag problem, also lag could cause this kind of problems...

E

Exxon

Excellent, just got done uninstalling and reinstalling everything and it's working! :D

Now time to config it to my likings. Thanks a ton Pinco!

D

Der Rock

hi pinco....
4 questions:

1.is it possible to change the text for the lobster traps? the number is soooo small ,its almost imposible to read how many lobster in there....you could remove the word TRAP ( because i know it IS a trap :) and so you would have more space to make the number bigger ;)

2.restock agent....on one of my computer it wont work....i made the same i did on the other computer but
here the agent stopping after 11 moves...any suggestion ?

3.any suggestion for a trap remove macro...so i can get them back if full?

4.is it possible you can change the overhead chat fade delay down to 1 sec ? 5sec is the smalest we can do atm

thx ;)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hi pinco....
4 questions:

1.is it possible to change the text for the lobster traps? the number is soooo small ,its almost imposible to read how many lobster in there....you could remove the word TRAP ( because i know it IS a trap :) and so you would have more space to make the number bigger ;)
Use the scale mode. The word trap is necessary since you can take the healthbar of any object.

2.restock agent....on one of my computer it wont work....i made the same i did on the other computer but
here the agent stopping after 11 moves...any suggestion ?
empty the agent and re-make it. If doesn't works the character profile is corrupted.

3.any suggestion for a trap remove macro...so i can get them back if full?
other than use "select nearest object" there is nothing else...
but is not very useful in boat...

4.is it possible you can change the overhead chat fade delay down to 1 sec ? 5sec is the smalest we can do atm

thx ;)
user settings -> options -> overhead chat fade delay

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Version 4.7 Spoiler

Since many of you are wandering why the new version is not out yet, by reading the changelog you can see I'm very busy with fixing and adding new features.
Here is one of the 2 main new fetures of the version 4.7.

The old buff/debuff bar has been removed.
These 2 bars are movable, scalable, lockable, rotable and totally indipendent (so each one can be rotated or locked without affect the other)

Stay tuned for the second spoiler :p
that looks fantastic!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
as announced here is the second change to the UI for the lovers of the diablo healthbars:

few more changes and the next version will be ready :)

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Those are very cool ! I dont normally use diablo but I may have to start

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just hope the diablo orb style remains an option and isn't default, I think they take up way too much screen real estate.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those are very cool ! I dont normally use diablo but I may have to start
With a decent resolution you can play well with it, and you can also use the stone area around the stamina bar for hotbars :)

I just hope the diablo orb style remains an option and isn't default, I think they take up way too much screen real estate.
yes, if you have it disabled you still have the default status ;)

solembow

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everytime I give my boat a command I get a EC Sound Error. MagCore.dll is missing. I see the
"fix" about starting the game without ec sound but everytime I try to make a shortcut as instructed it states that the destination in the start box is not valid. What am I doing wrong and how can I fix it? I really do not want to uninstall/reinstall and lose all of my set ups.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everytime I give my boat a command I get a EC Sound Error. MagCore.dll is missing. I see the
"fix" about starting the game without ec sound but everytime I try to make a shortcut as instructed it states that the destination in the start box is not valid. What am I doing wrong and how can I fix it? I really do not want to uninstall/reinstall and lose all of my set ups.
magcore is something that has nothing to do with the game so you have some problem elsewhere...

read here about magcore:
Solution to Magcore.dll Not Found Errors | DLL-Error-Fixes.com

solembow

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually I finally did break down and uninstall/reinstall ec. Worked like a charm. Thanks for your response though Pinco :) .

C

Calimerion

Hello all. I have installed Pinco's UI - and it totally rocks!

Just one short question regarding the map - I totally love it, but it takes a lot of place with the picture background it has.

Can that be somehow switched to the original map? Did not found that at the Settings Section of Pinco's UI, suppose one has to map with the files itself somehow?

Great work Pinco! Great mod *1000 thumbs up*.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello all. I have installed Pinco's UI - and it totally rocks!

Just one short question regarding the map - I totally love it, but it takes a lot of place with the picture background it has.

Can that be somehow switched to the original map? Did not found that at the Settings Section of Pinco's UI, suppose one has to map with the files itself somehow?

Great work Pinco! Great mod *1000 thumbs up*.
you can't restore the old map, but you can scale it.

C

Calimerion

Thank you for your reply Pinco!

Yes - it can be scaled. But it however has always a "minimum" size which is bigger then the "standard small" map. The background image with the borders makes it bigger then it would have to be - for my screen size that really is not very comfortable.

I also switched to the standard container bags (this can be set at the "Pinco UI settings" as this was about the same "issue" as with the map - the provided "background picture" just is very "massive" - especially at the borders.

But hey - that is just my impression :beer:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for your reply Pinco!

Yes - it can be scaled. But it however has always a "minimum" size which is bigger then the "standard small" map. The background image with the borders makes it bigger then it would have to be - for my screen size that really is not very comfortable.

I also switched to the standard container bags (this can be set at the "Pinco UI settings" as this was about the same "issue" as with the map - the provided "background picture" just is very "massive" - especially at the borders.

But hey - that is just my impression :beer:
no, you don't get it... enable the scale mode and use the mouse wheel on the map border to shrink it MUCH more than the minimum RESIZE dimension ;)

there is also the UI scale option...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is the (probably) last spoiler for the version 4.7.

This will be the new crystal portal gump:

Every selection will change the image inside the crystal ball in order to "preview" the area. The dungeon will shows a monster from the selection dungeon in order to help everyone to know or remember what dungeon is it :)

I hope you like it! :D

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Awesome work Pinco! More and More I wish you worked for UO.

I wish they were half as devoted, dedicated and knowledgeable as you are. Imagine the updates, bug fixes, and new additions they could be making if they were.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
That is freakin' unbelievable. And that is so perfect for new players. I love it.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is the (probably) last spoiler for the version 4.7.

This will be the new crystal portal gump:

Every selection will change the image inside the crystal ball in order to "preview" the area. The dungeon will shows a monster from the selection dungeon in order to help everyone to know or remember what dungeon is it :)

I hope you like it! :D

Wow!... just Wow! :thumbup:

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You're amazing, Pinco.

My only complaint is that you keep making it harder on Dermott to keep the other skins updated! Your UI is fantastic, but I can't say I'm a fan of the default textures and icons.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Code:

- Improved the crystal portal window:
	* The Wind bank will be visible only if you have 71.5 magery.
	* Now you can see an image of the area where you get teleported into.
- Added the Hell Hound to the creature DB.
- The runebook gump now supports the tab key to pass through the runes and the escape key to close it.
- Improved the center screen text:
	* Improve the fading code.
	* Added a priority to the messages:
		+ "Low HP" has top priority, so it will override everything else.
		+ "Low Pet HP" has medium priority, so it will override everything bug "Low HP".
		+ All the other messages has the same priority.
- Improved the diablo healthbar system:
	* When active the default status bar will be closed and a mini status (with portrait and buttons).
	* Now is present the stamina bar on the bottom of the screen.
	* Added the diablo style button for "toggle always run".
	* Added some special effects on the bar when a debuff is active (bleed, blood oath and mind rot)
	* When the diablo healthbar mode is active, the danger bar became movable and scalable.
	* If the stamina is low, the bar pass from yellow to red.
- Added the Advanced Buff/Debuff windows:
	* Now you have one dockspot for buff and one for debuff.
	* Each dockspot can be rotate in 4 different directions.
	* Each dockspot can be scaled and locked (when locked can't rotate).
- Removed the Buff/Debuff window.
- Now you can snap windows under the status.
- Now you can select a radio button also by clicking the text.
- Fixed a client bug that shows the wrong min skill required for necromancy spells.
- Added a glowing effect as background of the healthbar of the current target.
- Now the healthbar/party healthbar red button, if the bar's owner has 0 hp (dead), instead of greater heal casts resurrection (only if you have magery).
- Fixed a little bug in the map that do not shows the icons properly in the top area when the dropdown lists are disabled.
- Changed the enchanted apple cooldown to 30 seconds.
- Added a new word of death animation in the hotbar button.
- The spellbook window now supports the "escape" key to close it.
- The spellbook window now can be scaled.
- Added an animation when you close a spellbook.
- Now if you close a spellbook, the selected page will be stored until you log-out.
- The crate waypoint window now supports the "tab"(to move through the textboxes), "enter" (=OK) and "escape" (=cancel) keys.
- The quantity edit window now supports the "enter" (=submit) and "escape" (=cancel) keys.
- Added the TC Tools button on the bottom right of the game area (available only on Test Center), that allow you to quickly access to the TC commands. The commands usable once per character will be disabled after the use.
- Added the profile version check. This little tool automatically fix eventuals glitch between versions.
- Removed Consecrate Weapon and Feint hotbar cooldown.
- Added a clock wipe effect in the hotbar cooldowns.
- Fixed a bug with hotbar cooldowns that makes the UI to crash partially.
- Added the Note Window. You can enable it from User Settings -> Pinco's UI.
	* Right click on the window allows you to lock/unlok or reset the text.
- Added the "Set Note" action under "Pinco's UI". 
	* This action allows you to set a note into the Note Window (very useful on slayer equip macros, can help to know what slayer is equipped).
- Added the "Note To Self" action under "Communication":
	* This action allows you to speech text (with relative journal text) but will be visible only by you.
- Now you can see the coordinates in the sos and asos window.
- Now you must press the "Go" button into the Crystal Portal gump to activate it.
- Fixed a bug with the voice selection option that was loaded with the inverted value.
- Fixed a bug that prevents to disable the pet low hp warning.
- Now you can use the action "Drop into container" with pets as cointainer.
- Removed the slayer from the wailing banshee details.
- Fixed a typo on the crystal portals.
- Fixed the "stoned" center screen text that do not works properly.
- Fixed the object handle window font for japanese/chines characters.
- Clicking the overhead name of a mobile will select it as current target.
- Added the new buff/debuff icons.
- Fixed a graphic glitch on the status window.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
FYI I will be merging this thread into the one already located in reference library and we will create a new one to replace it! This will be done in a day or so. just wanted to give a advance warning.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Pinco I've noticed that the game Not sure it's your UI.... seems to group Invisibility potions together with Confusion Blast Potions.... even though they are CLEARLY not the same.

Like it's grouping by color not by what it is.

Like I have 4 Invis potions and 2 confusionblast potions in my pack but when I try to put them in a hotbar slot it says I have 6 potions... which is incorrect.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco I've noticed that the game Not sure it's your UI.... seems to group Invisibility potions together with Confusion Blast Potions.... even though they are CLEARLY not the same.

Like I have 4 Invis potions and 2 confusionblast potions in my pack but when I try to put them in a hotbar slot it says I have 6 potions... which is incorrect.
that's the client, not me... however the bugs reports goes HERE

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
however after a test I remember this problem.
Invis potion and conflagration hue has been changed, maybe you are using old potions...

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Small problem with the new dex bar. When you click on it it changes and the only way to get the display back is to relog.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Awesome job on the new version. Thank you.

And folks, remember when you want to report a bug, this thread isn't the place to do it anymore. Look at the links in Pinco's sig and report the bugs there.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

that's the client, not me... however the bugs reports goes HERE
I bugged it a long time ago. I'm not about to get rid of a ton of these potions. My alchemist is on a long hiatus :)

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I bugged it a long time ago. I'm not about to get rid of a ton of these potions. My alchemist is on a long hiatus :)
Does the color of the potions change to the new color if you put them into a potion keg and take them out again?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Code:
4.7a

- Fixed a bug with the diablo healthbar that changes the texture order.
- Added a bit of transparency on the current target's healthbar background.

Baby Bear

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
hi, pinco
good work 4.7

>-Now you can use the action "Drop into container" with pets as cointainer.

pack horse and giant beetle "Drop into container" was set in the cursor.
And I have pressed a key, the item does not move.:(
How I wrong? Or a bug?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
are you moving your mouse around (it needs this to move items)

J

Jonathan Baron

Wow, Pinco.....this is getting crazy.

The level of polish you've added makes me no longer have to choke a little when I use the term, Enhanced Client.

Absolutely outstanding work, sir....it was wonderful all along, but this version takes my breath away.

Oh, and forget my bug report over on your page about the gender sound gump still coming up all the time. First time the patcher simply must have failed to finish. Unlike you ;)
-

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Items are pressing to lift the mouse.

Pet container can be set.
Moving an item does not move to lift key to set.
then you should post this into the bug tracker and not here, I'm not considering anymore the bug posted here :p

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Code:
4.7b

- Fixed a bug with the drop items on targeted container when you target a pet.
- Added the Lifestealer to the creatures DB.
- Added the teleporter marker for the lotus area on the map.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sorry I miss one piece :p

Code:
4.7c

- Added a context menu into the action window group text to quick-select the group.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
when i invise my pets the health bar disappears

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when i invise my pets the health bar disappears
Bug reports must go in the right place, they costs me too much time to track them here. As I said to Baby Bear, I'm ignoring the bugs posted in here :p

J

Jonathan Baron

As there is no links for praise, I trust you won't mind my posting some here, Pinco.

The drop down menu for Actions categories is WONDERFUL. No more having to page through that splendid but sprawling to bursting array of things that can be done with your UI :)

Thank you.

-

Status
Not open for further replies.