• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI 6.0 BETA

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, I need to see one to fix it... :p
There's a few engraved people on GL, it'll just be a matter of getting one of them and you online at the same time ;)

Oh, since the windowed fullscreen is being discussed, I've started using it and things are much clearer on a 40" screen. My only issue is that I now can't minimize UO at all, so the login screen or the play window is constantly over the desktop. The client can't be minimized via the task bar either. Is there a way to let us minimize the client while in this mode?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
that's how it works, it looks like fullscreen, but it's not. If you have just 1 monitor that mode is the same as fullscreen... if you have more than 1 monitors then you can actually get some real advantages from it, because you will be able to operate everything without having the screen flashing out from fullscreen everytime and blackening out the other screens.
Very good, thanks - I was confused by the terminology. So now I've unchecked the Windows Full Screen option and get what I want - it looks like full screen until I mouse to the bottom, and then and my desktop options pop up

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Does un-installing with UI Patcher, remove all the old files from the old Pinco UI from all the computer/game files? Even the ones in UserInterface Folder? Currently I have 2 files, Default and Custom UI Documentation

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
try now

you should use a desktop shortcut :D
anyway I have improved a bit EC PlaySound to avoid crashes, but make sure everything in the game folder has the "full control" set for the user "Everyone".
Works now thanks Pinko :)
And I do use a desktop shortcut, I was just quoting what the error message says when the EC Playsound crashes.

Thanks

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's a few engraved people on GL, it'll just be a matter of getting one of them and you online at the same time ;)

Oh, since the windowed fullscreen is being discussed, I've started using it and things are much clearer on a 40" screen. My only issue is that I now can't minimize UO at all, so the login screen or the play window is constantly over the desktop. The client can't be minimized via the task bar either. Is there a way to let us minimize the client while in this mode?
that's how the windowed fullscreen works, it's the same for all games and it's the only way it works because is the OS and DirectX to handle that...

Does un-installing with UI Patcher, remove all the old files from the old Pinco UI from all the computer/game files? Even the ones in UserInterface Folder? Currently I have 2 files, Default and Custom UI Documentation
yes, that's what Uninstall means :D

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
that's how the windowed fullscreen works, it's the same for all games and it's the only way it works because is the OS and DirectX to handle that...

yes, that's what Uninstall means :D
HAHAHA Funny Pinco!!! I do know what it does.... :p

My question was mainly about the file I found in UserInterface, as you say in your website in the Setup guide that any files left behind might cause big problems, especially in this folder....

Step 4

NOTE:
Before starting the patcher, make sure you don't have any old "Pinco's UI" folder inside "UserInterface" or the UI may have serious problems while running.

Sorry if its a newbie question, but might save you some fussing from someone else down the line, if this Custom UI Documentation folder, cause any problems.... I am just trying to help!!!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

My question was mainly about the file I found in UserInterface, as you say in your website in the Setup guide that any files left behind might cause big problems, especially in this folder....

Step 4

NOTE:
Before starting the patcher, make sure you don't have any old "Pinco's UI" folder inside "UserInterface" or the UI may have serious problems while running.

Sorry if its a newbie question, but might save you some fussing from someone else down the line, if this Custom UI Documentation folder, cause any problems.... I am just trying to help!!!
that's just for safety, because sometimes there might be some files in use or something that prevents the patcher from cleaning up correctly :)
Anything else besides the "Pinco's UI" folder inside UserInterface is irrelevant.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Step 4

NOTE:

the last version of the patcher is also very aggressive in keeping the right files in the right place so you should not have any problem even if you start the patcher with the oldest version of Pinco's UI installed :D

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The patcher has been taking an extraordinary amount of time "parsing files," even when there isn't a patch to be downloaded. And no, it's not local machine lag.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The patcher has been taking an extraordinary amount of time "parsing files," even when there isn't a patch to be downloaded. And no, it's not local machine lag.
that's necessary because the new core have to parse all files to be sure it's all ok. Too many problems with altered files.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
that's necessary because the new core have to parse all files to be sure it's all ok. Too many problems with altered files.
Might want to make that check periodic, rather than every time it loads. Or make it an option that we can turn off.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Might want to make that check periodic, rather than every time it loads. Or make it an option that we can turn off.
you should use a shortcut for ec playsound instead of starting the patcher everytime. There is no way to make it optional because that's the way it determines what's new :D

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco,

Reflect physical damage is not capped at 105.

Also, as far as i know there's no hard cap on Mana Regeneration, i may be wrong, i have been known to be wrong.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco,

Also, as far as i know there's no hard cap on Mana Regeneration, i may be wrong, i have been known to be wrong.
30 is the soft cap for Mana Regen. Anything over that has diminishing returns.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco,

rdp cap was 105 if it's not changed lately... and MR is capped because the return is 0 after that value :D

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not sure if anyone else is having this problem, it started for me after the last update. Basically the stuff in the main backpack just keeps 'disappearing' forcing you to close and reopen the backpack. (which then of course closes any other bags you have open as well) It tends to happen the most when moving items to or from other bags/containers within the main pack, ie transferring an item from the main pack to another bag in the pack or an item from a chest or whatever in your house into a bag within your backpack. This is becoming more than just a pain now, but starting to be a ROYAL pain especially when crafting and your moving lots of stuff around and trying to be organised. Any idea on how to fix this problem ?

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if anyone else is having this problem, it started for me after the last update. Basically the stuff in the main backpack just keeps 'disappearing' forcing you to close and reopen the backpack. (which then of course closes any other bags you have open as well) It tends to happen the most when moving items to or from other bags/containers within the main pack, ie transferring an item from the main pack to another bag in the pack or an item from a chest or whatever in your house into a bag within your backpack. This is becoming more than just a pain now, but starting to be a ROYAL pain especially when crafting and your moving lots of stuff around and trying to be organised. Any idea on how to fix this problem ?
Doing the same thing for me along with a couple of other things, the most annoying being my chat window keeps stopping and locking. If I happen to notice it not updating, I look and the slider is not fully all the way down, move it down, works fine, 2 minutes later, look at it, locked again, horribly annoying and more, I don't know when people are talking to me.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Doing the same thing for me along with a couple of other things, the most annoying being my chat window keeps stopping and locking. If I happen to notice it not updating, I look and the slider is not fully all the way down, move it down, works fine, 2 minutes later, look at it, locked again, horribly annoying and more, I don't know when people are talking to me.
with the chat box, I have found if you click on the little downward arrow at the bottom of the slider it 'locks' it back to the bottom of chat when you find it has crept up. It generally creeps up when you have used the slider to scroll up to read something you missed, then doesn't lock back down even tho you scrolled it back down. Actually 'clicking' on that downward facing arrow tends to make it stick properly, so try that. If not then no idea how you fix that bug. The disappearing backpack items tho is driving me nuts.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
have you tried with a clean profile? because I'm totally unable to replicate the issue...

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
have you tried with a clean profile? because I'm totally unable to replicate the issue...
I remember one specific instance if that would be of help for the backpack disappearance bug. I keep quivers of the elements for weight saving in my main backpack, I opened one of them and took the arrows out and put in another quiver of the elements and when i went back to the main backpack it was blank, empty but still showing the grid, not empty like containers with nothing in them that are all black.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember one specific instance if that would be of help for the backpack disappearance bug. I keep quivers of the elements for weight saving in my main backpack, I opened one of them and took the arrows out and put in another quiver of the elements and when i went back to the main backpack it was blank, empty but still showing the grid, not empty like containers with nothing in them that are all black.
I've just tried that and nothing happens everything is working fine...
try to open the debug window before it happens and check if an error popps out...

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
with the chat box, I have found if you click on the little downward arrow at the bottom of the slider it 'locks' it back to the bottom of chat when you find it has crept up. It generally creeps up when you have used the slider to scroll up to read something you missed, then doesn't lock back down even tho you scrolled it back down. Actually 'clicking' on that downward facing arrow tends to make it stick properly, so try that. If not then no idea how you fix that bug. The disappearing backpack items tho is driving me nuts.
Not using the slider, doing nothing to the chat box. Clicking, double clicking, rage clicking, nothing makes it resume scrolling and not just on one character or even one account, I have multiple accounts and it does this on all of them. We were doing Despise Tram and I must have had to hit that arrow 100 times just to talk to guidmates in the few minutes it took to train a pet. Can't figure out what I have done, I must have some setting wrong. I have checked and unchecked the option to show window on cursor over and that's the only thing I see that might affect it. And yes the disappearing backpack items thing is getting worse and getting out of hand too for me.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I haven't had things disappearing but I'm still having an issue with most of my mages having three of their bars just stop at 7 and not go to 12 ...... I have even resorted to going in and manually changing it in their profiles to be at 12 and it will work on the next log in but after that they are back to 7 the next time I log in. VERY annoying.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't had things disappearing but I'm still having an issue with most of my mages having three of their bars just stop at 7 and not go to 12 ...... I have even resorted to going in and manually changing it in their profiles to be at 12 and it will work on the next log in but after that they are back to 7 the next time I log in. VERY annoying.
the problem here is that sometimes the client opens the backpack before the UI is able to retrieve the backpack ID, so it won't be recognized correctly.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
the problem here is that sometimes the client opens the backpack before the UI is able to retrieve the backpack ID, so it won't be recognized correctly.

This is my problem: Trouble with bars.jpg

Notice the bars here are only 7 tiles long 3 of them.

Trouble with bars2.jpg

Everytime I log in on some of my accounts these bars shrink down to only 7 tiles.... I've tried everything I pull them back out to 12 like they should be log out and figure that "should" save the possition of the bars.... but it doesn't. I log back in they shrink back to 7. I have gone in to the characters file and actually changed the setting manually and saved it logged in they are 12 like I set them but as soon as I log back and close the client and log back in they are once again back to only 7 tiles. I can't fix it. And it only happens to about 1/2 my accounts.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, I have an issue with the Enable Auto-Toggle War mode. I was doing a spawn and got blood oathed, I went into peace mode (as designed), but after the BO was over and I manually went back into War Mode and started killing spawn again, it would keep going back into Peace mode or it would flash between War & Peace. I had to disable it to fix the issue.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, I have an issue with the Enable Auto-Toggle War mode. I was doing a spawn and got blood oathed, I went into peace mode (as designed), but after the BO was over and I manually went back into War Mode and started killing spawn again, it would keep going back into Peace mode or it would flash between War & Peace. I had to disable it to fix the issue.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is my problem: View attachment 28298

Notice the bars here are only 7 tiles long 3 of them.

View attachment 28299

Everytime I log in on some of my accounts these bars shrink down to only 7 tiles.... I've tried everything I pull them back out to 12 like they should be log out and figure that "should" save the possition of the bars.... but it doesn't. I log back in they shrink back to 7. I have gone in to the characters file and actually changed the setting manually and saved it logged in they are 12 like I set them but as soon as I log back and close the client and log back in they are once again back to only 7 tiles. I can't fix it. And it only happens to about 1/2 my accounts.
this is a profile problem, it seems the size was saved in the wrong way.... try to resize them and then shrink the bar.

only if the buff appears the system does the auto-toggle. Make sure you were not invisible because that will reset the auto-toggle too.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't understand what you mean by a 'clean profile' please explain how I am to do this?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
this is a profile problem, it seems the size was saved in the wrong way.... try to resize them and then shrink the bar.
Tried that..... doesn't fix it. Still keeps doing it on character after character... Like I said the problem seems to be account specific. Some accounts do it some don't.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't understand what you mean by a 'clean profile' please explain how I am to do this?
go to Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\<your account name>\<shard name>
and remove the file with your character name (put it somewhere you can restore it if you need it again), then start the game and see if still happens...

Tried that..... doesn't fix it. Still keeps doing it on character after character... Like I said the problem seems to be account specific. Some accounts do it some don't.
send me one of those profiles so I can see what happens...

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would it be possible to increase the size of the type on the map on Player Location and cursor location? These are so small and muddled that I need a magnifying glass to read them and I have a 24" monitor playing fullscreen which I assume is somewhat normal.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would it be possible to increase the size of the type on the map on Player Location and cursor location? These are so small and muddled that I need a magnifying glass to read them and I have a 24" monitor playing fullscreen which I assume is somewhat normal.
no, a bigger dot will cause problems with smaller resolutions. You can use the scale mode or the UI scale to arrange that :p

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no, a bigger dot will cause problems with smaller resolutions. You can use the scale mode or the UI scale to arrange that :p
Not talking about location dot, talking about the type size. Scale mode doesn't make the type much bigger, still impossible to read.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
go to Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\<your account name>\<shard name>
and remove the file with your character name (put it somewhere you can restore it if you need it again), then start the game and see if still happens...
Sadly the 'default' UI you get when you delete the user data file and reopen the character is NOTHING like I have my characters set up. It would take me hours to redo my characters template. Especially this one who has 240 macros on it. The macros are not the cause of it tho as my other chars are also experiencing the same problem.

That being said, the details of my chars templates for containers are:
toggle container contents info (off)
default (grid)
default corpse view (grid)
default player vendor view (freeform)
enable grid legacy containers (off)
enable container type icon (off)
Enable grid on containers (On)
Enable alternate grid color (On)
Enable extra bright background (On)

One thing I have also noted is that when you open a vendor pack with this set up it opens in freeform, however, any other container you then open also opens in freeform. and you have to manually change it back to grid with the little green button. After that the vendor pack also then opens in grid. I kinda figured having the defaults set as above would be an 'always' open the particular type of container as per the 'set' default.

It is not just 'me' that is having this problem so I doubt it is any set up of mine in particular that causes the stuff in the backpack to 'disappear' when dragging something from the backpack to another container in the backpack. Forcing you to close and reopen your backpack to 'see' the stuff. It also doesn't happen 'every' single time you move something but if you move say 10 items the disappearing trick may happen on item one or item ten, there is no rhyme or reason for it.

Perhaps if you set your stuff to the same as mine above and shuffle 40 or so items around in your pack you can reproduce it.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sadly the 'default' UI you get when you delete the user data file and reopen the character is NOTHING like I have my characters set up. It would take me hours to redo my characters template. Especially this one who has 240 macros on it. The macros are not the cause of it tho as my other chars are also experiencing the same problem.

That being said, the details of my chars templates for containers are:
toggle container contents info (off)
default (grid)
default corpse view (grid)
default player vendor view (freeform)
enable grid legacy containers (off)
enable container type icon (off)
Enable grid on containers (On)
Enable alternate grid color (On)
Enable extra bright background (On)

One thing I have also noted is that when you open a vendor pack with this set up it opens in freeform, however, any other container you then open also opens in freeform. and you have to manually change it back to grid with the little green button. After that the vendor pack also then opens in grid. I kinda figured having the defaults set as above would be an 'always' open the particular type of container as per the 'set' default.

It is not just 'me' that is having this problem so I doubt it is any set up of mine in particular that causes the stuff in the backpack to 'disappear' when dragging something from the backpack to another container in the backpack. Forcing you to close and reopen your backpack to 'see' the stuff. It also doesn't happen 'every' single time you move something but if you move say 10 items the disappearing trick may happen on item one or item ten, there is no rhyme or reason for it.

Perhaps if you set your stuff to the same as mine above and shuffle 40 or so items around in your pack you can reproduce it.
I still can't replicate it, try to open the debug window and do what you do to make everything disappears, perhaps an error will pop up and we'll see what's going on :)

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco Re: Chat box not rolling, stopping

I am at Delucia bank right now and every time i drop an item in the trash bin it stops on the second line. I have opened the debug window and it shows errors but I don't have a clue how to get that information to you Pinco.

I think it may have some problem with messages from system or even town criers with 2 line messages.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco Re: Chat box not rolling, stopping

I am at Delucia bank right now and every time i drop an item in the trash bin it stops on the second line. I have opened the debug window and it shows errors but I don't have a clue how to get that information to you Pinco.

I think it may have some problem with messages from system or even town criers with 2 line messages.
try with a screenshot :D

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here ya go, this is able to be replicated, this is even a different account and character.
Untitled.jpg

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now I'm out at sea and stuff is disappearing from backpack.
Untitled 2.jpg

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Two serious problems in Blackthorn tonight:
1. Bandages suddenly disappeared from backpack, leaving me unable to heal and running for life - twice - logged off and on and they reappeared
2. War mode kept toggling on an off by itself, with no blood oath

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there a way to turn off having my paperdoll auto open when I single click on myself or my stat bar? Without using the ignore mouse clicks on self option... Its seriously beginning to bug me.

If I want top open the paperdoll *I* can take the extra half second to double click. :p

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco

Chat box still locks up continually, I have cleared the chat journal from user settings umpteen times. Had a guildie mad at me yesterday cause I didn't answer him but I never saw his chat to me. Very disturbing.

All items in backpack still disappearing too, see screenshot below.
Untitled 4.jpg

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two serious problems in Blackthorn tonight:
1. Bandages suddenly disappeared from backpack, leaving me unable to heal and running for life - twice - logged off and on and they reappeared
2. War mode kept toggling on an off by itself, with no blood oath
I can't replicate those, open the debug widow before entering in those areas and check for errors when something happen so I can have a clue...

Is there a way to turn off having my paperdoll auto open when I single click on myself or my stat bar? Without using the ignore mouse clicks on self option... Its seriously beginning to bug me.

If I want top open the paperdoll *I* can take the extra half second to double click. :p
try now

Pinco

Chat box still locks up continually, I have cleared the chat journal from user settings umpteen times. Had a guildie mad at me yesterday cause I didn't answer him but I never saw his chat to me. Very disturbing.

All items in backpack still disappearing too, see screenshot below.
View attachment 28437
for the chat problem, try to delete the folder: Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\Variables

the containers should be ok now.

ziggy29

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there any option to see the actual number of gold, commodities, et cetera when there are 1,000 or more of them in a stack instead of using '1K' for anything from 1,000 to 1,999? If not, is there any plan to include this? I would much rather see the actual number than this rounding down. This is a new way to display it in these beta 6.0 versions, and frankly I don't care for it.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Since the search function isn't working on stratics anymore and there are 14 pages to this thread, can somebody remind me how to activate debug?