• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI 6.0 BETA

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Will only be able to try it during the weekend, but I will make sure to report any unusual behaviours I run into while using it. :)
Thank you for your hard work.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
OMG Sweet day! Thank you Pinco!!!!

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I'm having issues installing on a Windows 8 OS.

I'm getting a NetFrame error and the patcher says my patcher is out of date.

"Cannot find C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\UserInterface\UI PatcherFull\patchTemp\UI Patcher.exe"

The patcher.zip file in the patchTemp Folder is 0 KB could that be related?

Is anyone else running into this issue?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm having issues installing on a Windows 8 OS.

I'm getting a NetFrame error and the patcher says my patcher is out of date.

"Cannot find C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\UserInterface\UI PatcherFull\patchTemp\UI Patcher.exe"

The patcher.zip file in the patchTemp Folder is 0 KB could that be related?

Is anyone else running into this issue?
because it seems you installed it in the wrong place...
The file must be unpacked here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced
or it won't work.

Read the instruction in that page if you still have problems...

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
because it seems you installed it in the wrong place...
The file must be unpacked here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced
or it won't work.

Read the instruction in that page if you still have problems...
So, that means - if I have installed UO on another drive, like 'D:\Games\Ultima Online Enhanced\' it wont work? Old UI works there....

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, that means - if I have installed UO on another drive, like 'D:\Games\Ultima Online Enhanced\' it wont work? Old UI works there....
Nah he just means in the base directory of UO Enhanced. I have it in C:\Games\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced and it worked fine.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I couldn't unpack it from downloads to that directory, it kept giving me error about file can't be created. So I unpacked it in Downloads and then copied all the files over and it seems to work ok.

Edit: reopened game and rebooted comp and now ok
However, cursor over items and the gump disappears in seconds no time to read. Can't use it until that's fixed.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ok after I finally got it working I only have one complaint.... the sizing of the containers keeps shrinking back down.

Also I can't find the book recorder.

Fusilli Zaitsev

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
My containers are bugged as well--the window frame of the container is much larger than the contents inside. Also, I'm having some serious latency issues with the player context menu (single clicking anything, really). Lastly, my runebooks won't open.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm afraid to try it now.
EDIT: Bugs or no bugs, I can't wait to see it. I downloaded it and it's installing now.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I had the problem of my runebooks not working but I solved this by using Ctrl+R.

However for the most part I am SERIOUSLY liking the new UI.

@Pinco I do have one thing I see not in the new UI that I miss... there isn't that little triangle thing that gave my weight, # of followers and such in it. I miss that very much! Will you be putting it back in? Or am I just not seeing it somewhere?

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You aren't accepting new board registrations so I cannot bug submit there. After a few minutes testing I've found the following issues, the first being a UI Breaker.

1.) Disabling the EC Playsound via options (effects, music, heartbeat) means the Playsound doesn't launch when the game does; however attempting to load the game with the Pinco UI enabled then fails with the following error; "This UI requires EC Playsound to work. Run ECPlaysound.exe from the game folder or press OK to use the the default interface."

Clicking OK switches Pinco off. However running the EC Playsound.exe when that error message is up also boots the UO launcher a second time before allowing the UI to work.

You used to be able to run the Pinco without EC Playsound, and it shouldn't be required now, especially when the UI gives the option to turn it off but then ignores the users choices.

2.) The Loot Bag does not change colour when selected via the icon, although it works as a loot bag

3.) Looting via right clicking in a corpse gump doesn't loot the item you click; so if there is 4 items with gold at the top, right clicking the gold actually loots something else. This may be due to loot priority options set elsewhere?

4.) Looting via the Take All icon on the corpse gump puts everything into the loot bag, including Gold which should go to the main backpack.

5.) If you have Animal Lore on a Hotbar, and set its target to Current, then try and use it on different animals without closing the gump, it seems to be unable to work out what it's targeting;

Notice it thinks the Dragon is still a Greater Dragon and thus gets all the stat evaluations wrong. Running around Destard using tab to shift targets, it sometimes failed completely and seemed to think it was targeting entirely different creatures.

6.) Occasionally you'll also get the Buy/Sell gumps below the health bar when clicking a dragon, as well as the taming option...

7.) With a fresh install, it's impossible to open your paperdoll, either by the C key, right clicking yourself, or right clicking the character bar to try and get at it. I tried turning "Block Other Paperdolls" on, in case it was an error with that, but that didn't work either. The tool tip for "Block Other" says "A toggle is also available through other actions." These other actions may be blocking paperdoll then?

8.) There no longer seems to be any way to turn off the new item description gump separate from other UI features? I've managed to find the options for everything else except that one, which is likely to prove contentious... I personally think it's ugly and would like the old simple style please.

If these descriptions don't help, I'll have to see about video recording the issues as they happen tomorrow to explain more clearly...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
After playing with it a bit, two things that I'm immediately missing:

1) The slayer window. Its always nice to have confirmation of which slayer you're currently using. If its in the options somewhere, I didn't see it.

2) The book recorder. Couldn't find the icon in the actions menu, nor did I see a check box to enable it in the options menu.

Will these be returning? Pretty please?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Is there an option for a less graphic item property display?
Q: What do the +12 etc descriptors in green beside the caps mean?
Also, I would like to see if it's a Legendary Artifact, Greater Artifact, Major Magic item, etc
Q: What is a blue name supposed to mean? Not a relic frag; I unraveled 12 blue items and only got 2 relic frags. But I know I get relic frags from anything major magic or above.

pincos.jpg

Last edited:

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Crafting
Gump scroll broken - can't scroll down to find the item you need to craft - the slider on the right slides, but the items don't scroll
EDIT: Update - The scroll is working fine today. Is it possible I didn't start UI Patcher as Administrator last night? In any event, I'm canceling this alert.
BOD auto refill stopping early - quits every time before the BOD is full (ex: 8 of 10 and 18 of 20)
BOD.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

1) The slayer window. Its always nice to have confirmation of which slayer you're currently using. If its in the options somewhere, I didn't see it.
With my mage, I get a gump at the top in the buff field that says I'm holding a slayer, but it's not the right slayer. For instance, I equip an undead slayer spellbook, and the icon at the top says I'm holding a repond slayer.
slayer.jpg

Last edited:

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sound - music, no complaint - I love hearing those little clips from Skyrim and Witcher again

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With my mage, I get a gump at the top in the buff field that says I'm holding a slayer, but it's not the right slayer. For instance, I equip an undead slayer spellbook, and the icon at the top says I'm holding a repond slayer.
View attachment 25905
Ah ha! I hadn't tried actually holding a slayer yet. :blushing: Thanks!

Edit: Okay, this doesn't appear to work at all for melee weapons...

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The mouse over windows are WAY too big... Shrink the excess black space and move things closer together.

I really don't need gigantic graphics on what should be a very minimalist gump...

Weights don't need a graphic, "Weight : 10 Stones" was just fine.

If the graphics are kept, shrink them down to half their current size.

Edit: Also, not EVERYTHING needs to display one of these windows. House doors display them (HUGE!) and they quickly become very distracting.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Pinco... Ok I didn't so much mind not knowing EXACTLY how much gold is in a pile when you list it as 1k or whatever but NOW I have a MASSIVE beef with this!

I went to find out what the top weights are of the things at the Rangers Hut in Skara Brae and the Walrus and Bull are listed at 3k. Well that don't tell me what I need to know..... HOW THE HECK am I to know what the top is or what I need to beat if I can't freaking see wtf it is? 3k don't tell me ****... I need an ACTUAL Number... To be able to tell if mine is better or not.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Looting gumps unreadable
Descriptors keep disappearing before you can even read them - it's like the mouse is set for one pixel, and there's no way you can hold the mouse steady enough while you're trying to loot and fight at the same time - this did not used to be a problem, but now it's a major problem
EDIT: I just tried this in my house, holding the mouse perfectly still over items I looted, and the properties still disappear after about 3 seconds - before I can even read it - very frustrating
EDIT: Update again: I tested this again today to make certain the UI is installed correctly and the problem can be duplicated. The descriptions of items are still disappearing too quickly when you hover over items. The descriptors should stay there as long as you hold your mouse over the item, not fade away by themselves after 5 seconds or so before you have a chance to read them.

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Something is screwy with containers...

The grid randomly shifts down and to the right so that the right most column of squares is partially cut off. Resizing the gump has erratic results, especially when its scaled.

Ox_AO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Pinco can you set a "now following" to your program. I play multi clients and i will not even consider your program unless i have a way to have characters follow one another.

Honestly, I can't believe this would be difficult to add.
In the 2D client it is just Alt click on the toon. this was created in the very early days of UO. I'm glad it was. HA

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Pinco can you set a "now following" to your program. I play multi clients and i will not even consider your program unless i have a way to have characters follow one another.

Honestly, I can't believe this would be difficult to add.
In the 2D client it is just Alt click on the toon. this was created in the very early days of UO. I'm glad it was. HA
Don't think Pinco can do this. Sadly this is something the DEV's have conveniently left out of the EC. It's NEVER been in there much to my dismay... because I'd love to have it. If you really want it you'll have to poke at Bleak probably or Kyronix to get that in.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok after I finally got it working I only have one complaint.... the sizing of the containers keeps shrinking back down.

Also I can't find the book recorder.
The book recorder will arrive in a second time...

I had the problem of my runebooks not working but I solved this by using Ctrl+R.

However for the most part I am SERIOUSLY liking the new UI.

@Pinco I do have one thing I see not in the new UI that I miss... there isn't that little triangle thing that gave my weight, # of followers and such in it. I miss that very much! Will you be putting it back in? Or am I just not seeing it somewhere?
no there is not, now there are the stat labels that are much better and much more customizable, read the changelog for more info...

You aren't accepting new board registrations so I cannot bug submit there. After a few minutes testing I've found the following issues, the first being a UI Breaker.
Registrations are allowed only through twitter, facebook or email. Read here
If you don't want to register just use the ingame bug report tool :p

1.) Disabling the EC Playsound via options (effects, music, heartbeat) means the Playsound doesn't launch when the game does; however attempting to load the game with the Pinco UI enabled then fails with the following error; "This UI requires EC Playsound to work. Run ECPlaysound.exe from the game folder or press OK to use the the default interface."

Clicking OK switches Pinco off. However running the EC Playsound.exe when that error message is up also boots the UO launcher a second time before allowing the UI to work.

You used to be able to run the Pinco without EC Playsound, and it shouldn't be required now, especially when the UI gives the option to turn it off but then ignores the users choices.
Disabling EC Playsond just stops the sound, the program is mandatory in order to make the UI work properly.

8.) There no longer seems to be any way to turn off the new item description gump separate from other UI features? I've managed to find the options for everything else except that one, which is likely to prove contentious... I personally think it's ugly and would like the old simple style please.
There is not such option for now. It will be added in a second time because it requires quite some time.

This will not be added. Now you have a buff for each slayer you equip and a debuff for every opposite slayer.

Is there an option for a less graphic item property display?
Q: What do the +12 etc descriptors in green beside the caps mean?
It's the comparison with what you have equipped.

Also, I would like to see if it's a Legendary Artifact, Greater Artifact, Major Magic item, etc
If you read the changelog:

On the top left corner you will see the stereotype of the item in order to easy understand what kind of item is it.

• The number of stars around the stereotype indicates the kind of reforge:
    • 1 star: minor reforge
    • 2 stars: lesser reforge
    • 3 stars: greater reforge
    • 4 stars: major reforge
    • 5 stars: legendary reforge
  • The number of stars around the stereotype indicates the kind of magic item:
    • 1 star: minor magic
    • 2 stars: lesser magic
    • 3 stars: greater magic
    • 4 stars: major magic
  • The number of stars around the stereotype indicates the kind of artifact item:
    • 2 star: lesser artifac
    • 3 stars: greater artifact
    • 4 stars: major artifact
    • 5 stars: legendary artifact
  • all those properties are not shown as text

Q: What is a blue name supposed to mean? Not a relic frag; I unraveled 12 blue items and only got 2 relic frags. But I know I get relic frags from anything major magic or above.
it's relic, but you have to put the right settings for your character/forge type on the user settings in order to get it work correctly.

The repond you see is a debuff indicating the opposite slayer effect.

Can't be done through the UI, and IS quite complex to add inside the client, because it will require to code a smart pathfinding system inside the client

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Where is the default item property display? Is that going not an available option?

I don't want a huge window every time I hover over an item. It's extremely annoying.

This is a gamebreaker for me...

I don't like these big windows. I just want something straight and to the point.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where is the default item property display? Is that going not an available option?

I don't want a huge window every time I hover over an item. It's extremely annoying.

This is a gamebreaker for me...

I don't like these big windows. I just want something straight and to the point.
as I've already told this is a beta and several features are not available yet. That option still requires a lot of time so it will come in a later time. You can reduce the UI scale if the gump is too big for you.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looking good so far @Pinco!

When I click "show character menu" nothing seems to happen. I was hoping it would show the various stats for a selected char like before. (SDI, DI, SSI, EP etc..)

Raúl

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I am having difficulty also. I get a message saying hardware rendering failed, do I want to try software rendering (performance will be drastically impacted), then a message saying my graphics card cannot run UO! Well it's been running it fine all these years, so I am at a loss as to why it wouldn't now. Any ideas please?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looking good so far @Pinco!

When I click "show character menu" nothing seems to happen. I was hoping it would show the various stats for a selected char like before. (SDI, DI, SSI, EP etc..)

that's just the context menu that you usally get on right click yourself. The character sheet is what you are looking for :p

I am having difficulty also. I get a message saying hardware rendering failed, do I want to try software rendering (performance will be drastically impacted), then a message saying my graphics card cannot run UO! Well it's been running it fine all these years, so I am at a loss as to why it wouldn't now. Any ideas please?
that sounds more like you have some file missing...

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds to me like there may be a video driver problem. There's a free program you can download that might help called Driver Booster by IObit, it checks all your drivers and if needed updates all of them for you, this might solve your problem.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that's just the context menu that you usally get on right click yourself. The character sheet is what you are looking for :p
Sorry I didn't explain it very well. I mean this thing (taken from your old UI).

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you have thief type gumps in your program? I'm just learning the tricks of the standard EC so I am hoping someone has created some handy thief stuff to make our lives easier :) ...la

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK great I found it. Thanks Pinco.

I'm just getting it all setup now and all looking good so far.

I was trying to find these features. Are they hidden away somewhere I can't find?

1. Disable background on paperdoll.
2. The distance counter that shows how far you are away from a selected target.
3. Auto equip slayers.
4. Spell names (so it says "greater heal" next to "In Mani".
5. tactical map.

Last edited:

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, will you please add "Disable Vet Reward Gump" like you had in your old UI (or am I just not seeing it)? Actually a Toggle Action would be even better ...

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bid of a strange one here. I get all my gameplay window setup but upon next login the frame is showing in the correct position but the graphics are outside of it. Kinda hard to explain so here is a screenshot:

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had the too, but as soon as I clicked on the arrow on bottom right corner it snapped back correctly...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you have thief type gumps in your program? I'm just learning the tricks of the standard EC so I am hoping someone has created some handy thief stuff to make our lives easier :) ...la
Tell me what feature you would like and I'll see what I can do :)

OK great I found it. Thanks Pinco.

I'm just getting it all setup now and all looking good so far.

I was trying to find these features. Are they hidden away somewhere I can't find?

1. Disable background on paperdoll.
2. The distance counter that shows how far you are away from a selected target.
No toggle available for those yet.

3. Auto equip slayers.
not available yet.

4. Spell names (so it says "greater heal" next to "In Mani".
Overhead text settings.

5. tactical map.
Use the green button on the map

Pinco, will you please add "Disable Vet Reward Gump" like you had in your old UI (or am I just not seeing it)? Actually a Toggle Action would be even better ...
yes, I will add it in the future, I was just hoping the devs decided to listen my suggestion and move the veteran reward from auto-popup on login to a context menu action so that you can open it when you need it :/

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it possible to assign a hotkey to get the larger map or is the only way clicking the green button?