• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI 6.0 BETA

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
almost done :p
*bear hugs* Don't mean to rush you hun... Just reached panic mode when I couldn't get in my bettles pack... thank God this didn't happen last night when I was decoing a house for a friend.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*bear hugs* Don't mean to rush you hun... Just reached panic mode when I couldn't get in my bettles pack... thank God this didn't happen last night when I was decoing a house for a friend.
remember that you can always open the backpack of the pets from their healthbar's icon ;)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
remember that you can always open the backpack of the pets from their healthbar's icon ;)
Infact the pack icon seems to be absent... sometimes it works sometimes it don't... but anyway I can open my poor beetles pack now so all is good. Thank you again Pinco and Merry Christmas!!! Your the best!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Infact the pack icon seems to be absent... sometimes it works sometimes it don't... but anyway I can open my poor beetles pack now so all is good. Thank you again Pinco and Merry Christmas!!! Your the best!
now that icon should be more reliable, but just remember that you must be in range to open the backpack to see it :p

and Merry Chrstmas to you too :D

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, have a major problem right now. I logon to a character and see the Pinco Loading screen, I'm logged on, but the Pinco Loading Screen is covering my screen. HELP!!!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, have a major problem right now. I logon to a character and see the Pinco Loading screen, I'm logged on, but the Pinco Loading Screen is covering my screen. HELP!!!
I need to check your profile to see what's happening...

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Found another strange one. Sometimes when I go to craft item it will say "you dont have any tailoring tool". I then put the tool into my salvage bag and open the crafting menu again. Same message again. If I then put the sewing kit back into my main backpack it then lets me craft.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That did it. Thanks. Tested Dry Dock ship and Set Security and both work now. However; when I click myself and select Leave House, I get the cursor (and msg) to target Quest item. Clicking on the Leave House icon on my Current Target window works.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Found another strange one. Sometimes when I go to craft item it will say "you dont have any tailoring tool". I then put the tool into my salvage bag and open the crafting menu again. Same message again. If I then put the sewing kit back into my main backpack it then lets me craft.
this just means that the client loses the info and is unable to retrieve that from the server... and it's quite impossible to replicate :/

That did it. Thanks. Tested Dry Dock ship and Set Security and both work now. However; when I click myself and select Leave House, I get the cursor (and msg) to target Quest item. Clicking on the Leave House icon on my Current Target window works.
try now

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the yellow glowing thing is only for the old waypoints system, I can't restore it...

I'll take a look on the scale of those bars, in the meantime test the context menus if you can, thanks :)
But but but the "yellow glowing things" are invaluable for fishing up SOS's, can't we please have it so we can turn them on or off? Puleeeezze?

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nother problem I have had a couple of times now. When filling a large bod, if I put one piece, ie the 20 gorgets into the large bod and close it, then get a bod for 20 gloves etc, fill that and go to 'add it' to the large bod when I click the large bod the gump comes up but the 'combine this deed with another deed' box to click to get the cursor to combine is missing. It wont let you add another deed to complete the large bod. Two times this has happened now and I have to revert to the default client to get the box to appear so I can combine the rest of the small deeds. Not a major issue but next time you are 'fixing' stuff you may want to look at it.

Also, on the large bod I was filling, 20 execptional valorite platemail gorget, gloves, helm, tunic, legs, arms, it said the 'reward' was an ancient hammer +60, instead of the valorite runic hammer which I knew was the actual reward. My large and small bods are filed by 'reward' and these were filed ages ago under your 'old' UI. It seems that the 'reward' info on that particular large bod is incorrect. (and yeah I filled it and handed it in for my val runic hammer), however the other 15 large bods I have filed there all say a +60 ancient hammer is the reward for the same bod so not sure what the problem is with them now stating the incorrect reward.

Cheers

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But but but the "yellow glowing things" are invaluable for fishing up SOS's, can't we please have it so we can turn them on or off? Puleeeezze?
there is no way to turn them on/off, that thing is generated by the client internally for the old custom waypoints system. Since that system cause a huge lag and it's totally unreliable I had to create a new one... Maybe one day the devs will add the function to add effects into x-y-z position and then I will be able to restore it.
For now magnetize the compass on the waypoint and go for it ;)

You just gave me an idea: an action that auto-magnetize the compass to the nearest SoS... it will be ready for the next patch :p

Nother problem I have had a couple of times now. When filling a large bod, if I put one piece, ie the 20 gorgets into the large bod and close it, then get a bod for 20 gloves etc, fill that and go to 'add it' to the large bod when I click the large bod the gump comes up but the 'combine this deed with another deed' box to click to get the cursor to combine is missing. It wont let you add another deed to complete the large bod. Two times this has happened now and I have to revert to the default client to get the box to appear so I can combine the rest of the small deeds. Not a major issue but next time you are 'fixing' stuff you may want to look at it.

Also, on the large bod I was filling, 20 execptional valorite platemail gorget, gloves, helm, tunic, legs, arms, it said the 'reward' was an ancient hammer +60, instead of the valorite runic hammer which I knew was the actual reward. My large and small bods are filed by 'reward' and these were filed ages ago under your 'old' UI. It seems that the 'reward' info on that particular large bod is incorrect. (and yeah I filled it and handed it in for my val runic hammer), however the other 15 large bods I have filed there all say a +60 ancient hammer is the reward for the same bod so not sure what the problem is with them now stating the incorrect reward.

Cheers
the bod gump fix will be there on the next patch :)

the reards were changed not so long ago and I don't have the updated data to update the rewards db, so unless you have some updated list we are stuck :/

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I seem to remember this being coming up earlier in this thread but I am having an issue with Auto Filling BODs. The first BOD I auto ll after logging in works just fine. All after that stop auto filling when 1 item short. I still get the BOD filled message but they are short by 1 every time.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I seem to remember this being coming up earlier in this thread but I am having an issue with Auto Filling BODs. The first BOD I auto ll after logging in works just fine. All after that stop auto filling when 1 item short. I still get the BOD filled message but they are short by 1 every time.
this has been fixed several versions ago, if you're still unable to fill the bod it may be because of lag...
anyway, try now I've added an additional check to avoid lag when possible... :)

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will do. Also have noticed that Shoes and bandanas do not appear to be recognized by Auto Fill.... And thank you!

Actually only bandanas purchased from NPC are not recognized. When I craft them it works just fine.

Leather footware may be missing from list though. Not recognizing Thigh Boots either.

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will do. Also have noticed that Shoes and bandanas do not appear to be recognized by Auto Fill.... And thank you!

Actually only bandanas purchased from NPC are not recognized. When I craft them it works just fine.

Leather footware may be missing from list though. Not recognizing Thigh Boots either.
it seems working, but I've found a bug that could affect it...

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there is no way to turn them on/off, that thing is generated by the client internally for the old custom waypoints system. Since that system cause a huge lag and it's totally unreliable I had to create a new one... Maybe one day the devs will add the function to add effects into x-y-z position and then I will be able to restore it.
For now magnetize the compass on the waypoint and go for it ;)

You just gave me an idea: an action that auto-magnetize the compass to the nearest SoS... it will be ready for the next patch :p

Thank you, that should help, it was just so easy to plunk a bunch of SOS's in my pack, open them and mark them, sail to the nearest, next nearest etc. When I got very close to the spot the yellow tornado told me I was correct, fish it up, delete the waypoint and on to next one.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you, that should help, it was just so easy to plunk a bunch of SOS's in my pack, open them and mark them, sail to the nearest, next nearest etc. When I got very close to the spot the yellow tornado told me I was correct, fish it up, delete the waypoint and on to next one.
the system is fully automated now..., mark all the sos you want, use the action to find the nearest and the waypoint will go away as soon as the sos in your pack disappears :)

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the system is fully automated now..., mark all the sos you want, use the action to find the nearest and the waypoint will go away as soon as the sos in your pack disappears :)
Man you are incredible!!! Thanks very much Pinco. I haven't played many games in my life but I read a lot and I've NEVER seen anyone do more for a game he doesn't own or be as super reactive to almost every suggestion or comment we give as you are. Merry Christmas Sir, many many more!

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Engraved items are showing the engraving twice. I have also seen this on engraved armour.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm also having problems with the new player quests at new haven. Made a new char on another shard and went to the mage to get the quest. Every time I double click the NPC it just opens up the shop inventory thing.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm also having problems with the new player quests at new haven. Made a new char on another shard and went to the mage to get the quest. Every time I double click the NPC it just opens up the shop inventory thing.
try now

Fusilli Zaitsev

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Sometime in the last few days, EC Playsound has stopped working for me--if I choose either option from the ui patcher to start the game, or if I run EC Playsound directly, it immediately throws an error and automatically quits. I'm in the latest version of Windows 8.1.

Is there a place I can download just EC Playsound to see if I have a corrupt file? I've uninstalled and reinstalled a few times now, doesn't seem to be fixing the problem.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, there are a few little issues with gumps during a VvV battle. If I bring up the Guild Options during a battle, I cannot click on see Roster, or Leaderboard. Also I cannot change pages from the 1st page on the Silvertraders gump during a city battle. I think they are related to the countdown of the VvV gump.

Next is a request which you may or not be able to do, but I know everyone would love. The gump in the seed box only lets you either pick one seed or the whole stack of seeds (this is in the regular EC and CC - poor design in my op), is it possible for you to change it so you can select an amount instead of either 1 or all? This may be impossible but you would have the love of all UO players if you could do this. :mf_prop:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, there are a few little issues with gumps during a VvV battle. If I bring up the Guild Options during a battle, I cannot click on see Roster, or Leaderboard. Also I cannot change pages from the 1st page on the Silvertraders gump during a city battle. I think they are related to the countdown of the VvV gump.
This is related to the VvV gump being closed and re-opened like crazy, I don't know if I can do anything about that...

Next is a request which you may or not be able to do, but I know everyone would love. The gump in the seed box only lets you either pick one seed or the whole stack of seeds (this is in the regular EC and CC - poor design in my op), is it possible for you to change it so you can select an amount instead of either 1 or all? This may be impossible but you would have the love of all UO players if you could do this. :mf_prop:
That gump is made all by images, it would be insane trying to do that... it would be easier to do for the devs by changing it server side :p

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[QUOTE="That gump is made all by images, it would be insane trying to do that... it would be easier to do for the devs by changing it server side :p[/QUOTE]
Couldn't hurt to ask. I kind of thought that one would be impossible. The gump issue in VvV, is not very important to me as I can go buy stuff in a non-war town. Just noticed a new one though, was fighting rotters in Doom and I when I mouse over an item it would just show for a second what the item properties were and then go away. This only happens while i'm fighting something and it happens with the new item properties and the old "wall of text" as well.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[QUOTE="That gump is made all by images, it would be insane trying to do that... it would be easier to do for the devs by changing it server side :p
Couldn't hurt to ask. I kind of thought that one would be impossible. The gump issue in VvV, is not very important to me as I can go buy stuff in a non-war town. Just noticed a new one though, was fighting rotters in Doom and I when I mouse over an item it would just show for a second what the item properties were and then go away. This only happens while i'm fighting something and it happens with the new item properties and the old "wall of text" as well.[/QUOTE]
I can't replicate that, check the debug window when it happens if there are some errors popping out, otherwise make sure you are using the latest UI version :p
also sometimes the client get crazy so you just have to reload the interface or restart the client...

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, I'm no longer having the gump issue with VvV since the patch earlier. Thanks :danceb:

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Slight issue with context menu for pets. Seems that when I have my vollems out if I leave the cursor over the heath bars too long the context menu comes up. This menu then follows the cursor around the screen and if I right click to make it go away it will randomly show up again at the most inconvenient time.

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey @Pinco Just tried to remove a personal bless deed but the context menu does not work when right clicking item.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Slight issue with context menu for pets. Seems that when I have my vollems out if I leave the cursor over the heath bars too long the context menu comes up. This menu then follows the cursor around the screen and if I right click to make it go away it will randomly show up again at the most inconvenient time.
make sure you are using the latest version of the UI....

Hey @Pinco Just tried to remove a personal bless deed but the context menu does not work when right clicking item.
make sure the UI is updated and remember that you can't unbless the item if it's equipped...

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
make sure the UI is updated and remember that you can't unbless the item if it's equipped...

Yeah tried that. right click context menu appears on other items in my backpack...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah tried that. right click context menu appears on other items in my backpack...
I don't know, on my test it worked fine... have you tried with a clean profile (like on TC) ?

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well, looks like something's gone wrong. Cant remove on Default either, I sense a long wait in the GM queue :-(

Thanks anyways @Pinco

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this but the 'slider' on my backpack/container gumps gets stuck midway down and dragging it to the top to see the stuff in the top just reverts back to the midway position and the only way to 'unstick' it from there is to log out and back in. In user settings I set my default for containers and corpses to 'grid' and for vendors to 'freeform', yet this problem seems to occur after looking in a vendor, then opening another container, it 'sticks' to freeform and using the green gem to put it back to grid makes the slider stick. (or at least I think that is what is causing it), I then notice when I have logged back out and in that the in the user settings, everything has then set to default of 'grid' and I have to reset the vendor default to 'freeform' again. Confusing I know and not sure if i am explaining it properly, anyone else getting their 'sliders' stuck in this way?

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also is there any way to 'turn off' all those boxes under the 'current target' gump when clicking on a person or pet etc. It is aggravating to the extreme to have all the context menu icons showing all the time. If I want the context menu I prefer to right click it, not have all the icons taking up continuous screen space.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this but the 'slider' on my backpack/container gumps gets stuck midway down and dragging it to the top to see the stuff in the top just reverts back to the midway position and the only way to 'unstick' it from there is to log out and back in. In user settings I set my default for containers and corpses to 'grid' and for vendors to 'freeform', yet this problem seems to occur after looking in a vendor, then opening another container, it 'sticks' to freeform and using the green gem to put it back to grid makes the slider stick. (or at least I think that is what is causing it), I then notice when I have logged back out and in that the in the user settings, everything has then set to default of 'grid' and I have to reset the vendor default to 'freeform' again. Confusing I know and not sure if i am explaining it properly, anyone else getting their 'sliders' stuck in this way?
I can't replicate this

Also is there any way to 'turn off' all those boxes under the 'current target' gump when clicking on a person or pet etc. It is aggravating to the extreme to have all the context menu icons showing all the time. If I want the context menu I prefer to right click it, not have all the icons taking up continuous screen space.
added

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, the new patch broke moongates for me. I get the sound like i'm going thru the moongate but no gump comes up. Also this morning the VvV issue came back where I can't change pages on the Silvertrader nor can I click on any gump that comes up. The Moongate issue is HUGE tho.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I open another players paperdoll and then hover my mouse over them the resists and DCI etc are showing the incorrect totals.

For my own char it seems fine though.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, the new patch broke moongates for me. I get the sound like i'm going thru the moongate but no gump comes up. Also this morning the VvV issue came back where I can't change pages on the Silvertrader nor can I click on any gump that comes up. The Moongate issue is HUGE tho.
I can't replicate the moongate problem, but I think I've figured out what was causing the silvertrader gump block... try now :p

When I open another players paperdoll and then hover my mouse over them the resists and DCI etc are showing the incorrect totals.

For my own char it seems fine though.
there is no way to count passive bonus from race/skill/spells/etc... and the items bonus sometimes may be incorrect if you don't get all the items info from the server in time. The result may be better if you take the current target.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, the moongate issue was with just one character and I fixed it by updating his profile, somehow it was WAY off the screen and I reset it to 400.0000 and that fixed it. The VvV gump issue is fixed in your latest patch. Thanks :)

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, found another gump that needs fixing. The Skara Brae Hunt Master brings up the Clean up rewards instead of the Hunt Master Rewards (Horn of Plenty, Harvester Blade, Title, Sash).