• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Trainable Pet: Triton

Pseudodragon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hmmm id lower a little bit the HPR to have a larger mana pool, im not a big fun of high amount of mana but id rather have somethig around 350-400 points there and 15 HPR than 20 HPR and 189 mana ;)

SouthPaw

Lore Master
If I just put Chiv/AI on him, then I can make this:
Saved Planner | uo-cah.com

Looks a lot better to me. I may just go the AI/Chiv route with him because I know it works and even with the low starting intensity, in the end, he'll be a monster pet.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Strength must have been really low.

I would love that one like This: Saved Planner | uo-cah.com

Just opened my 2nd Triton..in Tokono. He's only around 50% intensity but has 129.5 Wrestling, 177.0 Resist, 169 Dex. Just has low STR. When I saw the wrestling I was ecstatic.

Might try this: Saved Planner | uo-cah.com

May go with less int and more mana.

Otherwise just the standard AI/Chiv route-probably do that with the first Triton I got that has 113 wrestling.

Pseudodragon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This is the Chiv/Ai im building for my 63ish% intensity Triton...After being "burned" by the build of my PPWW in which i put only HSR 5 im building pets with at least 10 in that spot, reason is that when the pet gets hard beaten it helps to keep his stamina always close to the cap and i love it, the more stamina the more DPS if im not wrong :p

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I just went to crazed mage, another guy was there with a 4 slot Triton, it had 450 str, 500 int, Chiv/AI/Dragon Breath, and it had 125.0 wrestling and around 165 resist.

I cried a little bit.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
lol He wanted it to be like the Trtions cousin the Lava Elemental.

I hope he takes the strength up on the next round.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I just went to crazed mage, another guy was there with a 4 slot Triton, it had 450 str, 500 int, Chiv/AI/Dragon Breath, and it had 125.0 wrestling and around 165 resist.

I cried a little bit.
Agree..really sad what I see esp. in Atl, including Tritons.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Got 2 more statues. Figured I try this again. On the one hand I feel like I did better with the wrestling but the STR, dang.....

triton3.PNG triton4.PNG

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
That first one is amazing with the wrestling.

Remember you can train up to 125 str for free. Plenty of intensity to make a great pet.
Thanks for the reminder! It has been so long since I had to do that for a pets STR, that I completely forgot that was possible.

And yes, I love the wrestling on that one as well :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, unfortunately his STR was <125. The rest of him was awesome though. Still, I'm very pleased with what he can become with a AI/Chiv build. 2 slot training is SO freaking slow.

Why do you want mana so high in that build Pawain?
Don Pulled a few keepers today.

Here is a build he is trying out:

upload_2019-5-6_0-7-39.png

A Hiryu with healing and Goo.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Remember you can train up to 125 str for free. Plenty of intensity to make a great pet.
Does that work on cats? Not the plain ones a redish one that is that size. For some reason that is a fad on LS right now. Training a bunch of cats.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Got 2 more statues. Figured I try this again. On the one hand I feel like I did better with the wrestling but the STR, dang.....

View attachment 97546 View attachment 97547
Yup first one is great! Str 125 plus 500 on first round. Think of a Cu with 625 str and 665 HP at 3 slots!

Hell ya that will make an awesome AI/Chiv pet!

The other more points to use and free 120 scroll.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why do you want mana so high in that build Pawain?
A player that does the Roof many times a day uses pets that have 1500 mana and he lets them build up between bosses. So since he carries me thu the floors I may as well build a pet with high mana since we sit and wait for his anyway. The regens are still there, I see no bad thing about having a large mana pool in a quick fight where you can let it go back up before the next fight.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A player that does the Roof many times a day uses pets that have 1500 mana and he lets them build up between bosses. So since he carries me thu the floors I may as well build a pet with high mana since we sit and wait for his anyway. The regens are still there, I see no bad thing about having a large mana pool in a quick fight where you can let it go back up before the next fight.
I "accidentally" built a roof pet with maxed out mana (pet had a generous point allotment), and experience with it made me reconsider the importance of a large mana pool. First of all, it's just glorious to watch it mana dump on the Juonar. And then, it does help with real/practical dps.

Pseudodragon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm considering to train a tank Triton when I'll be done with my Chiv/Ai, shall I pop the statue in Tokuno or it doesn't actually matter?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do them in Tokuno in case you want to give away or use for another build. Anywhere works for AI/Chiv.

Pseudodragon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
That's what I meant, I'd like to build a tank Triton exclusively based on bushido and feint so was just wandering if it would be better to open it in tokuno or if it's useful only for specific builds...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's what I meant, I'd like to build a tank Triton exclusively based on bushido and feint so was just wandering if it would be better to open it in tokuno or if it's useful only for specific builds...
As long as the Bush or Ninja is the only magic,then you must open in Tokuno. Other wise you can only get those as ability modifiers.

Now that we know, we should open them all there just in case.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Not sure you want to open them all there, if you open anywhere but Tokuno and add fww you get inactive ninjutsu.

Which give you a pet that dont use ninjutsu spells.

If you add fww on a Tokuno opened Triton you get a pet that uses the Ninjutsu spells which could be good but also a drawback if you use your pet as a tank or like it to spend its mana elsewhere.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Not sure you want to open them all there, if you open anywhere but Tokuno and add fww you get inactive ninjutsu.

If you add fww on a Tokuno opened Triton you get a pet that uses the Ninjutsu spells which could be good but also a drawback if you use your pet as a tank or like it to spend its mana elsewhere.
FWW will only add Passive Ninjitsu, even on "Tokuno Native" pets. You can however then activate full Ninjitsu for only 1 point (since you already paid for the 500 points for Ninjitsu via FWW). Same for any special moves that require Bushido (Feint, Nerve Strike, etc.).

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Aww come on. Don't you want a pet that plays hide and seek. My lesser is enough for me.

Last edited:

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Aww come on. Don't you want a pet that plays hide and seek. The auto real Ninjitsu went away a while ago with some change. Like said above you have to add 1 more point to get it. I didn't have to add it when I made my Ninja Lesser. One is enough for me.
I made a host of FWW pets after 97. I have just as many FWW as I do AI. you never got real ninjitsu with it, if that is what you are referring to.

Patch 98 added in the requirement for bladeweave to get Bushido.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I made a host of FWW pets after 97. I have just as many FWW as I do AI. you never got real ninjitsu with it, if that is what you are referring to.

Patch 98 added in the requirement for bladeweave to get Bushido.
Nevermind, I recreated what I did in my head. I chose FWW and then chose the magic. So the one point was taken automatically. Ill delete that part.

I can save my two new ones here:
I have been training the 2 of them on Pirates. They are definitely slower than other pets. I already have been through power hour They are about to kill the second pirate and they are only at 71 and 72%. Usually takes 40 to 60 minutes to get to 100%. These have been going over an hour and a half. Have to finish (tomorrow)

Very nice that you can save these!

Last edited: