• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Trainable Pet: Triton

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
The Triton is now available in the UO-CAH Bestiary: Trainable Animal Bestiary | uo-cah.com

These are part of Publish 104 and are currently on Test Center.

To put it lightly, this pet is absurd. It seems to be based on the Najasaurus spawn template (slightly modified), however it comes with innate Healing and is Fully Magical.

So far we have seen a spawn intensity range of around 1264! Since this pet comes from a Statuette, it is always a 2 slot and is trainable to 5-slots.

It looks like a blue hued Lava Elemental:

Full spawn stats are in the Bestiary, but some quick notes:
  • It comes with overcapped Resisting Spells (seen up to 189.9 so far)
  • It comes with overcapped Dexterity (observed range of 159-220)
  • It has a damage spread of 50% Physical and 50% Energy
  • It comes with overcapped Energy Resist (observed range of 85-90)

To summarize... This pet has so many points you will be hard pressed to even spend them all.

We will update this post (and bestiary) should any changes come to this pet.

Last edited:

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Nothing left to spend points on.

I could have picked another two between aoe, ability and move, but went with the standard template.

This creature does leave room for a lot of nice specialized specs, since there are plenty of points.

Very disappointed with the 50% energy/50% physical resist damage spread. We already have a healing pet that has 50% energy damage.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
How do you get these? This post is the first I've heard about them.

The range on the HP and STR is crazy. Why oh why phys/energy? For the love of Pete, give me 50/50 Fire/Poison damage. That over capped energy resist isn't anything to get excited about either, unless you enjoy farming unbound energy eles.

Last edited:

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
They will be a reward from the new High Seas update content. Unknown if you need High Seas to own one, but you will need high seas to earn one, as this most likely comes from the new Merchant/Currency system they are adding to High Seas content.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They will be a reward from the new High Seas update content. Unknown if you need High Seas to own one, but you will need high seas to earn one, as this most likely comes from the new Merchant/Currency system they are adding to High Seas content.
That's why we (I) need that video. High Seas Pirating for dummies.

:Begging:

SouthPaw

Lore Master
The healing, high dex, high resist is nice. But other than that I'm not sure what I would need this thing for. Can get super high HP and max all regens, but can't ride it. We'll see if it goes live as is or not.

Maker2014

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The healing, high dex, high resist is nice. But other than that I'm not sure what I would need this thing for. Can get super high HP and max all regens, but can't ride it. We'll see if it goes live as is or not.
Hmm..Non-trainable innate healing ability..interesting. Magery also?
**waiting with baited breath**

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

The range on the HP and STR is crazy. Why oh why phys/energy? For the love of Pete, give me 50/50 Fire/Poison damage. That over capped energy resist isn't anything to get excited about either, unless you enjoy farming unbound energy eles.
Fire/Poison makes no sense, I understand why you are asking for corpse skin, but you are better with a fire or a poison pet, especially since so many things have high poison resist that would neuter a fire/poison pet.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I went to Test, sadly I couldn't get one because I don't have high seas, but a bunch of other people had them out so I could lore them. Huge stat range. Seems a lot like a naja with healing.

Can these be poisoned or are they poison resistant like a naja due to high magic resist? If the answer is no, then raising the healing skill is going to be nearly impossible.

I'm wondering how difficult it will be to get one. Like I said, on Test when I tried to use it I received a message I must have High Seas...assuming it's going to be the same way on live servers.

Last edited:

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I went to Test, sadly I couldn't get one because I don't have high seas, but a bunch of other people had them out so I could lore them. Huge stat range. Seems a lot like a naja with healing.

Can these be poisoned or are they poison resistant like a naja due to high magic resist? If the answer is no, then raising the healing skill is going to be nearly impossible.

I'm wondering how difficult it will be to get one. Like I said, on Test when I tried to use it I received a message I must have High Seas...assuming it's going to be the same way on live servers.
The high Resisting Spells makes them very resistant (if not immune) to magical poison (In Nox), but combat poison (Poison Breath, Venomous Bite) still land on them:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The high Resisting Spells makes them very resistant (if not immune) to magical poison (In Nox), but combat poison (Poison Breath, Venomous Bite) still land on them:
HAHAHA! And everyone laughed and scoffed when i said i trained five 1 slot snakes to 125 DEX/GM Wrest/Poisoning on an alt Tamer. Now i'll have my revenge, muahahaha! Vindication!
lol.

Why oh why phys/energy? For the love of Pete, give me 50/50 Fire/Poison damage.
Lmao. Just found a new pet that is perfect for the Death Ray Tamer/Mage build. Those are tanky with their high stats and Healing, and can have Disco+Conductive Blast put on them with no wasted specials it looks like.

0:24 Pet Vegeta (Triton) activates Discordance
0:32 Pet Vegeta (Triton) activates Conductive Blast
0:38 Tamer/Mage Gohan activates Death Ray
0:54 * L33t Hackz *
1:08 Tamer/Mage Gohan equips Slayer Spellbook
2:03 Tamer/Mage Gohan runs out of Mana

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Lmao. Just found a new pet that is perfect for the Death Ray Tamer/Mage build. Those are tanky with their high stats and Healing, and can have Conductive Blast put on them with no wasted specials it looks like.
Have you actually used this build? If so for what content.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have you actually used this build? If so for what content.
Roof. Me and a guildy have the build, and it makes taking down Anon a breeze. Get Anon to go into Fire/Ice Form, then equip a Fire Ele/Snow Ele Slayer Spellbook (SDI doesn't matter for Death Ray), get Death Ray running on him, and he melts. He otherwise takes awhile due to 300+ Wrest making him hard as hell for the pets to land hits on. Only pet attacking him during then should be a Conductive Blast pet. Spawn appears to happens after a set number of hits, not a set amount of damage. So fewer, but bigger hits are better. It can be a little tricky getting it to work on Juo'nar if he teleports you in.

Also works on Medusa, Interred Grizzle (no slayer though), and Stygian Dragon (although this can be tricky if he runs all over and EQs. If he sticks on a pet though, then it works until he blasts you). I have to test to see if Death Ray sticks to Travesty and ignores her Mirror Images.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I am REALLY looking forward to this pet "going live". *crosses fingers it doesn't fall in a "nerf pit" before then*

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If these pets are going to be as hard to acquire as i think they are, then they deserve the power. I'm thinking your going to have to spend weeks out on the sea to earn enough points to buy one of these. Plus, these pets are basically locked behind a Booster (High Seas) that you have to buy.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Release 4 has changed the spawn stats of the Triton.

The Bestiary has been updated with the observable stats (we will continually update as we find more pets on the low and high end)

Trainable Animal Bestiary | uo-cah.com

We have also left the old Triton in the Bestiary for now, labeled "Triton (Release 3)" to easily compare to the modified one.

Changes at a Glance
- Hit Point range has been tightened up significantly and lowered on the high-end, observed range is around 660 to 700
- Strength range has been tightened up and lowered slightly on the high and low end, observed range so far is 110 to 244
- Wrestling will now spawn overcapped, observed range so far is 111.7 to 129.7

I took a random 70% spawned Triton on TC and trained it. I was able to give it a full Chiv/AI 120 build and still have 547 points leftover. This is still an incredibly viable pet.

The addition of overcapped Wrestling is very nice, as this pet now allows you to by pass 2 of the 3 most expensive scrolls for a pet.

SouthPaw

Lore Master

The Bestiary has been updated with the observable stats (we will continually update as we find more pets on the low and high end)

We have also left the old Triton in the Bestiary for now, labeled "Triton (Release 3)" to easily compare to the modified one.

Changes at a Glance
- Hit Point range has been tightened up significantly and lowered on the high-end, observed range is around 660 to 700
- Strength range has been tightened up and lowered slightly on the high and low end, observed range so far is 110 to 244

I took a random 70% spawned Triton on TC and trained it. I was able to give it a full Chiv/AI 120 build and still have 547 points leftover. This is still an incredibly viable pet.

The addition of overcapped Wrestling is very nice, as this pet now allows you to by pass 2 of the 3 most expensive scrolls for a pet.
Looks like a nice pet. Just wish it wasn't so ugly and was rideable.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Was better before @Khaelor nerfed it! Thanks....

Pub 104 - Triton Pet

He feels we do not deserve such a nice pet as it was.
I didnt nerf it, darling. The dev's adjusted some things, making for a better pet. You are as bad as Mervyn with trying to produce drama.

I gave feedback, just like you did. Considering you have no idea what my feedback said, you have no idea my recommendations or thoughts :)

The only thing nerfed was the high end potential of the spawn and they gave it overcapped wrestling which imo is more beneficial than another couple hundred hits. Especially for the "casual" players you claim you were trying to advocate for on the uo forums. They now have 2 expensive scrolls for free on that pet.

It also still has the potential to have higher intensity than any other trained animal other than legacies, which still have innate magery eating up intensity.

Last edited:

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Was better before @Khaelor nerfed it! Thanks....

Pub 104 - Triton Pet

He feels we do not deserve such a nice pet as it was.
Khaelor didn't "nerf" them. However, the fact that you said this in your first post:

They gonna get nerfed big time.
Yet on the official UO forums were lobbying for them to stay the same because they are "just ok", goes to show that feedback from most player cannot be relied upon. You (and most others) knew these pets had the potential to get an obscene amount of stats, yet there was no objective feedback given to the devs about them. Mervyn was the only one calling for a nerf on the forums (yet his proposed changes were grossly misguided because he does not understand the taming system).

Makes me wonder if you even read through the changes made to them or were just trying to start drama.

I would gladly give up super high Hit Points (which aren't needed), for not only the benefit of not having to purchase a Wrestling scroll, but also the potential to get up to 130 Wrestling.

Last edited:

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thanks. Case proven neither of you thought we deserved such a nice pet. Just want that on the record.
Have you even tried to build the pet on TC yet? So maybe you want to stop the drama until you actual test things. You have this habit of crying about things repeatedly without testing, then you realize they are actually okay and the world isn't ending.

My feedback was more on pet design, consideration and damage types and very little about the actual triton.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Khaelor didn't "nerf" them. However, the fact that you said this in your first post:

Yet on the official UO forums were lobbying for them to stay the same because they are "just ok", goes to show that feedback from most player cannot be relied upon. You (and most others) knew these pets had the potential to get an obscene amount of stats, yet there was no objective feedback given to the devs about them. Mervyn was the only one calling for a nerf on the forums (yet his proposed changes were grossly misguided because he does not understand the taming system).

Makes me wonder if you even read through the changes made to them or were just trying to start drama.

I would gladly give up super high Hit Points (which aren't needed), for not only the benefit of not having to purchase a Wrestling scroll, but also the potential to get up to 130 Wrestling.
Am very thankful the Devs decided to give this creature overcapped wrestling. It is a great step in diminishing the need to spend stupid amounts of gold to scroll a pet. The cost of 200 points also
help out on the lowered strength.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I built a chiv, fww, ai spec with a 50% Triton and that is an expensive build.
#2 but it was better before the nerf for 1 build that it could get and have everything else.
Do you not understand how much more beneficial overcapped wrestling is? Do you understand what wrestling does for your pet? Do we need a refresher for it? Up to 130 wrestling for free is great for a pet. Is extremely casual and every other player friendly.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I built a chiv, fww, ai spec with a 50% Triton and that is an expensive build.

Do you not understand how much more beneficial overcapped wrestling is? Do you understand what wrestling does for your pet? Do we need a refresher for it? Up to 130 wrestling for free is great for a pet. Is extremely casual and every other player friendly.
130 wrestling just might make me purchase High Seas, even if this is one of the ugliest pets ever made.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Changes at a Glance

Yeah, i'm fine with the lower Health. The 900-1k+ Health they were able to achieve before was a bit overkill. Anything 600+ Health is fine with me. The overcapped up to 130 Wrest is definitely nice, landing more hits and getting hit less often, while saving about 30-50 Mill worth of gold on PS. They're still extremely viable due to having Healing and no wasted specials, so blank slate to put whatever you want on them. They'll still be better than a Cu for either the Chiv+AI build, Disco+Conductive Blast build, or Feint build. Cu wastes too much time/mana on Bleed Attack.

The only potential justification for how powerful they were before, was the fact that they were basically behind the High Seas paywall, and that they are probably going to be a high point reward from the Cargo turn-in, or a rare drop from Osiredon/Corgul/Charybdis (think like the Paroxy Swampy or Grizzled Mare).

The fact that they bind to you from a Statue, means that they don't get the usual 10% drop to skills like most tamed pets do. So unlike a Najasaurus, a Triton can actually have up to 190 Resist while tame.

Last edited:

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Still unreleased. They said they will trickle in new rewards as the event goes on, so the Triton will be one that is added later, but unknown how later.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Still unreleased. They said they will trickle in new rewards as the event goes on, so the Triton will be one that is added later, but unknown how later.
For those wo really want it, might be a good idea to hoard points meanwhile. God knows how they'll price it.