• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

In light of recent events

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
It's amazing at how much that "just one guy" is able to so blatantly escape all of the reports against him despite his in your face scripting for such a prolonged period of time(years).

Ignoring TOS as a player = quick way to get banned(unless you're THAT guy)
Ignoring TOS as a developer and let someone piss off half the community = players move on

@Mesanna, are you paying attention?

MrMightySmith

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's amazing at how much that "just one guy" is able to so blatantly escape all of the reports against him despite his in your face scripting for such a prolonged period of time(years).

Ignoring TOS as a developer and let someone piss off half the community = players move on

the sadder thing is that it seems that this person has a in on the UO Dev Team and Stratics.............Its tought to feel this way but seeing the results of the last few months make it hard to believe in alot of things.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why are people surprised about a threat being made? That's what kids do these days on the internet.
Lack of discipline and education in USA and the fact that kids are breeding kids....
Also i thought everyone in the US was packing? Everyone i know in Oklahoma and Texas has a concealed weapon licence. I would be very surprised if less than 50% of people at the party weren't wearing a concealed.

Reading posts on here it's clear to see why Broadswords and Mesanna can get away with doing nothing good for the game, because you all make excuses for her and carry on paying blindly.
We ALL know the game is dying fast and they don't have any idea how to save it, all they can do is keep there "big spenders" happy as lets face it, this game pays Broadswords mortgages and that's how they treat it.
They treat this game like a 2nd job (which it is for most) they certainly have NO intention to try and bring it to a new generation.
UO will die with the current players leaving, no new players are here more than a month.

Over complicated game mechanics are reserved for AAA big budget MMO's not old isometric mmorpg's.
This is a game you should be able to pick up fast and play (like it used to be AND was popular)....not spend months trying to figure out how to even make a char that's not completely useless.....then years trying to make that suit....
UO does not have an 'endgame' so they need to stop trying to think it does...

Basically, the majority of players in UO now are the Fanboi's and they will bend over and take it again and again, at the same time as thanking Mesanna for the latest pile of **** patch release.
Broadsword know this which is why NOTHING will change.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
this game pays Broadswords mortgages and that's how they treat it.
....what?

It's amazing at how much that "just one guy" is able to so blatantly escape all of the reports against him
When has UO ever publicly announced specific players they warn/suspend/perma? How do you know NOTHING has ever happened to him? How do you know how many reports were actually made?

the sadder thing is that it seems that this person has a in on the UO Dev Team and Stratics.............
Yea they are totally covering for the ****** everyone in the community hates. What would anyone have to gain from that?

Last edited:

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is a game you should be able to pick up fast and play (like it used to be AND was popular)
Its been like....14 years since that's been true. Like I totally agree, UO for what it is, is way way too complicated. But what can you do? It had been how many years when Broadsword took over? What did you expect them to do, completely gut and redesign the majority of the game?

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Listen and understand this is the truth which you don't like to hear:

Why are people surprised about a threat being made? That's what kids do these days on the internet.
Lack of discipline and education in USA and the fact that kids are breeding kids....
Also i thought everyone in the US was packing? Everyone i know in Oklahoma and Texas has a concealed weapon licence. I would be very surprised if less than 50% of people at the party weren't wearing a concealed.

Reading posts on here it's clear to see why Broadswords and Mesanna can get away with doing nothing good for the game, because you all make excuses for her and carry on paying blindly.
We ALL know the game is dying fast and they don't have any idea how to save it, all they can do is keep there "big spenders" happy as lets face it, this game pays Broadswords mortgages and that's how they treat it.
They treat this game like a 2nd job (which it is for most) they certainly have NO intention to try and bring it to a new generation.
UO will die with the current players leaving, no new players are here more than a month.

Over complicated game mechanics are reserved for AAA big budget MMO's not old isometric mmorpg's.
This is a game you should be able to pick up fast and play (like it used to be AND was popular)....not spend months trying to figure out how to even make a char that's not completely useless.....then years trying to make that suit....
UO does not have an 'endgame' so they need to stop trying to think it does...

Basically, the majority of players in UO now are the Fanboi's and they will bend over and take it again and again, at the same time as thanking Mesanna for the latest pile of **** patch release.
Broadsword know this which is why NOTHING will change.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its been like....14 years since that's been true. Like I totally agree, UO for what it is, is way way too complicated. But what can you do? It had been how many years when Broadsword took over? What did you expect them to do, completely gut and redesign the majority of the game?
Let's be honest, Mesanna has been at the helm alot longer than just Broadsword have run it....
Why do you think the most established devs left, leaving only the Mesanna yes'men.
It has been Mesannas way or the highway for far too long.
Creative differences?? oh that's easy....resign or get fired.

As for the Mortgage comment, that's a UK saying meaning you do the very bare minimum, just enough to keep your job and pay the mortgage......basically its a job not a career.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not to bring up an old subject, but what exactly is the "clops" thing? also pretty much everything else(problems) has been going on since UO started, so why blame mesanna or broadsword?
Some people like to paint Mesanna as uncaring and idle, totally ignoring the evidence of posts made in the middle of the night, efforts made to sort out EA's billing errors which aren't really part of her job, special things like bank deco and historic house banners done in her own time. She cares, passionately, she just doesn't jump through hoops at everyone's say so. No one allows for things like in-house rules and restrictions which at times probably tie her hands. Do your jobs not have restrictions on what you can do and say outside of the workplace?
Use your eyes for more than reading complaints, use your intuition and common sense to guess at what might hold her, and the rest of the team back and ignore unfounded allegations. I do.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And most are decorators like my wife and I and have 7 accounts, or more.
Yeah everybody has it's own passion. I love the bandwith in this game.
For people (@Polaris75) who likes decorations i would recommend to visit the DF shard and the village of Westcliff. Find also the town banner and read the Kings donation document.
Try to find all house teleporters and you may find the keep with all(except one) statues in the UO world. Hint this teleporter is located in the middle of a castle 1st floor.
Westcliff is located upload_2017-7-14_12-33-34.png . South of the Trammel Trinsic Moongate.
All houses are run by one playeress.

And back to the thread, yes there are bugs and yes they have less time with few peoples to care about every eMail they got.
I still wait month for my tilte as a HoF reward. I have problems to setup guild security on everything, cause my house owner char seems to transfered once, yes some people lost their pets and so on.
But we get every year new content. Except the graphics, UO is a new game if you make a pause of 2 years. I love it....

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not to bring up an old subject, but what exactly is the "clops" thing? also pretty much everything else(problems) has been going on since UO started, so why blame mesanna or broadsword?
Basically a guy named Clops was an EM who was making himself rares which is totally against the rules, and was fired for corruption. He admitted it himself here on Stratics in this thread: [Discussion] - Clops Under Investigation

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
the sadder thing is that it seems that this person has a in on the UO Dev Team and Stratics.............Its tought to feel this way but seeing the results of the last few months make it hard to believe in alot of things.
I don't know about UO, but I can 100% guarantee that person does not have any kind of in on Stratics. In fact he doesn't even have a Stratics account at all anymore.

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The people who like Mesanna are either 1) Mutli-boxers who play 5 AI'ing archers/throwers at every single event or 2) Item farming scripters who do the same thing to super high end monsters and Exodus. They are very, Very glad @Mesanna changed the game's armor system to where the only way to get a top end suit is to pay $500...

It's an event item farm, legendary armor farm, and script-mining gold farm. It's hard to believe the Devs are not in on it when they refuse to do anything to "Idoc-man" after 400 reports. I give them the slightest slimmer of hope; they did change the Idocs to private and blocked young players. But I don't even care for the most egregious of older Idocers any longer since "Idoc-man" came around. I still Idoced when the 2-3 players you all know brought in 10-15 bots. I paged on them... but I still Idoced. "Idoc-man" in particular though is the worst of the worst. If he see's someone he doesn't like show up to an Idoc he will gate the whole shard. He destroys the game's feel in general chat with antics like "Want you want? Com get your ****!" He treats the game like trash and calls it a trash game openly and says he is there to make money and pay his bills, and also that Mesanna and the Devs let him script even; (not true but he says that in general chat!) and absolutely nothing is done when people copy/paste that log and send it to Mesanna and the entire team. So basically it is true, which is what has people so sick of it.

The game's not trash; it was the greatest game ever. Inaction and wrong-action have ruined it. They constantly pump up the game making old stuff useless. Have a 5x 120 blacksmith, tailoring, imbuing, carpentry, fletcher now? Well... you better go buy some gold and get a new suit. That excel spread sheet doesn't help make the best suit any more... you just have to "buy it" now. Don't worry... there's 20 bots somewhere farming 24/7... Want to transfer between your home shard and Atlantic to buy stuff? Well, you can either buy a super old account for super high or buy the transfer tokens from us, the UO Store! We can't let you transfer, even if the other shards are dead and players return / quit because they think no one plays. Want to deco? Well go get some event items to sell... don't worry, you can do it. You're just up against 20-40 normal players and 20-30 super multi-boxing decked out scripters who are professionals and go to each and every single event. I'm sure you'll get one, someday! We have a guaranteed drop system now! (Shhh... that's why those guys with 10-20 multi-boxers get 6-7 items sometimes!) Hope you make some gold to deco!!! Welcome to UO. Better get a pet for pvp. If you're Japanese, forget about it! We certainly don't care about your Japanese shards!

Action to take: 1) Stop "Idoc-man" now. He's treating the people and game like trash and ONLY here for money. 2) Scale up imbuing/reforging since you destroyed the armor system. Make legendary armor craftable. You should be able to make the same items the monsters can carry... 3) Stop the gold farmers and multi-boxers and scripters. 4) Allow transfers for everybody once in a blue moon, the game won't be around when my account gets to 14 years old! 4) Be nice to the Japanese, they are our friends. We don't support Hillary or China and are not Dumping Trump or screaming Love Trumps Hate. Most UO players are smart and in on the "truth," and everybody dislikes agendas being pushed anyway.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds to me that turning the game into a Fel wide rule set would deal with this "Idoc-man".

Otherwise this thread sounds like the typical fake outrage that I read about in nearly every MSM news story. I'm enjoying the game fully, no Idocs, don't care about the multi, don't want or need the item of the day. I would like to see old content revamped, why not? Crafter class needs a total rework, it's sad how near useless they are.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A group of 6 people who all left in the last few days compared how many accounts they were closing. It was 107 total when I saw it too.
And that does nt count the 11 of my 21 I closed and another 5 if I can ever reset my PW without getting the error message when I click the link in the PW reset email.............. And zero response from the 4 emails to support over the last 5 days.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Is this guy on Siege too ? **ducks under the mod warning**

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't know about UO, but I can 100% guarantee that person does not have any kind of in on Stratics. In fact he doesn't even have a Stratics account at all anymore.
I just did a search, and the guy I was thinking of still has his account...shwarmamain :gee:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well after seeing that dude on Atlantic, I-asked-a-cop. A friend that is a cop, and apparently they are still used by felons.
What does he know he's only a cop right?
.38SP +P is what I pack 3 Rock Island 200s stashed on me somewhere when out and about with 12 speed loaders ready to go. Nice little wheel guns, accurate, and kill just as well as a semi auto in a bigger cal. Can cast some nice bullets for them as well like my favorite HPs with a steel sliver core. If I need something bigger I can pull out the Taurus Raging Judge loaded with .454 C's or .410 shotgun shells with copper plate loads (Also a wheel gun). A miss fire in a auto can ruin your whole day, a miss fire in a wheel gun you just pull the trigger again :) .38s are still a very popular weapon for a lot of us that don't need i capacity mags to hit a target...... LOL even getting older now I can take a squirrels head off at 30 yard and put another one in its body while its falling out of the tree. Used to be able to get 3 in the body as it dropped but just not as fast as I used to be.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Even if this plan of action works... They will have to respond by removing this tool to protest. That will likely mean no more meets or Broadsword endorsed meets.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
No I don't expect them to gut and redesign the majority of the game, however on that note, they certainly have found time to further complicate things since Mesanna took the helm. Under her watch they have introduced: Re-forging, the Dungeon Revamps, multiple rounds of Armor and Weapon Revamps, VvV, the IDOC Changes, Skill Masteries, and lately the Taming Revamp. Each of these in some way has further complicated the game to the point it is driving people out. UO is becoming work, not leisure for some of us, what is worse is a number of these complicated system that already worked well.

Let's be honest, Mesanna has been at the helm alot longer than just Broadsword have run it....
Since Calvin left, that would be sometime in the latter half of 2011.

Some people like to paint Mesanna as uncaring and idle, totally ignoring the evidence of posts made in the middle of the night, efforts made to sort out EA's billing errors which aren't really part of her job, special things like bank deco and historic house banners done in her own time. She cares, passionately, she just doesn't jump through hoops at everyone's say so. No one allows for things like in-house rules and restrictions which at times probably tie her hands. Do your jobs not have restrictions on what you can do and say outside of the workplace?
Use your eyes for more than reading complaints, use your intuition and common sense to guess at what might hold her, and the rest of the team back and ignore unfounded allegations. I do.
I don't believe she is uncaring or idle, however what I do believe is she has taken on too many tasks at once and all of them are suffering greatly for it. I also believe she is unwilling to admit as much and it further complicates matters.

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree that UO is too complicated for new people to learn. I have tried for years to get my wife and kids into UO but they choose WOW because the mechanics are a lot easier. I appreciate some of the people on here that are brutally honest about the state of UO. In my opinion this is the best game of all time and some serious changes need to happen or it will not be around any longer. Is this the intention of the devs? It may sound ludicrous to some but I feel it is a valid question. Maybe there is another project that they would rather be working on. Thoughts?

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I agree that UO is too complicated for new people to learn. I have tried for years to get my wife and kids into UO but they choose WOW because the mechanics are a lot easier. I appreciate some of the people on here that are brutally honest about the state of UO. In my opinion this is the best game of all time and some serious changes need to happen or it will not be around any longer. Is this the intention of the devs? It may sound ludicrous to some but I feel it is a valid question. Maybe there is another project that they would rather be working on. Thoughts?
I don't, but I do think things have gotten out of control. It's been really bad for longer than people think, this belief is coming from convos I had in person with Calvin back in 2008-09 while he was still producer concerning cheating etc. What's happening in my opinion is as players have slipped way the bad element has become more and more apparent and it drives more people away creating a continual loop. We're in a death spiral, in some ways, they are trying to pull out of or slow our progression through it, but it's an uphill battle the whole way.

I think a more reasonable question is once we hit the 20 year marker, is it worth the effort? There is something to be said for trying to right the ship, but sometimes you have to stop fighting and ride the storm out till it's conclusion.

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't, but I do think things have gotten out of control. It's been really bad for longer than people think, this belief is coming from convos I had in person with Calvin back in 2008-09 while he was still producer concerning cheating etc. What's happening in my opinion is as players have slipped way the bad element has become more and more apparent and it drives more people away creating a continual loop. We're in a death spiral, in some ways, they are trying to pull out of or slow our progression through it, but it's an uphill battle the whole way.

I think a more reasonable question is once we hit the 20 year marker, is it worth the effort? There is something to be said for trying to right the ship, but sometimes you have to stop fighting and ride the storm out till it's conclusion.
Good points all. I do hope I am wrong for sure. I really want this game to survive but I and everybody else would absolutely move on. I doubt it will ever be dead entirely with all the freeshards, but I have never liked any of those.

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I think it's pretty clear a whole lot of people want the game to survive, Marquis de Sade, even former cheaters who've decided to move on because of what they know. Unfortunately some see UO as a cash cow and care nothing for it otherwise. Example: even Iliterate players can now plug and play some very damaging scripts that can run 24/7 and/or completely afk. The problem is widespread and so requires attention but isn't getting it.

Sounds to me that turning the game into a Fel wide rule set would deal with this "Idoc-man".
Nah, I've racked up many, many kills on the guy but he repeats the same pattern. He gives away idoc locations like currency to gain friendships from players in pvp guilds on any given server. He then attends the idoc by himself but if someone like me shows up and reveal/kills him he then spams about the idoc in his guild to get them to come fight while he goes back into stealth to loot. If he can't get into a guild then he spams general chat to get people to come fight, but he doesn't fight... he tries to hide and only cares for loot. He uses people.

Right now I'm worried about one particular player he's befriended, he uses the guy for his Luna house and shard shields but one thing is certain, he has burned EVERY bridge he's ever had dating back 6+ years in UO now. Some insist on learning the hard way, you can't warn them. I think we're treading into personal attacks here. I hope I'm wrong because he's actually ruining the game for many which is hurting everyone ultimately. I'm not naming him but since everyone knows who he is you can't even stay within TOS here because of that, which shows you how big a problem it is that Devs haven't banned him yet.

Heck if he got banned I'd resub just to cover the $$ sub loss to UO, lol, but sadly I won't hold my breath.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No thank you I am not going to some party to get killed. You guys can pretend all you want you are "Untouchable" and nothing bad will happen to you. Reality is bad stuff happens, period. Reality is you take a chance everyday when you ride a subway or airplane. You take a chance communting to work that some road raging idiot might shoot ya. You take a chance living life. Why in God's name would anyone take a chance going somewhere where threats have already been made and the people in charge think its funny and don't care?
:rolleyes:

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
.38SP +P is what I pack 3 Rock Island 200s stashed on me somewhere when out and about with 12 speed loaders ready to go. Nice little wheel guns, accurate, and kill just as well as a semi auto in a bigger cal. Can cast some nice bullets for them as well like my favorite HPs with a steel sliver core. If I need something bigger I can pull out the Taurus Raging Judge loaded with .454 C's or .410 shotgun shells with copper plate loads (Also a wheel gun). A miss fire in a auto can ruin your whole day, a miss fire in a wheel gun you just pull the trigger again :) .38s are still a very popular weapon for a lot of us that don't need i capacity mags to hit a target...... LOL even getting older now I can take a squirrels head off at 30 yard and put another one in its body while its falling out of the tree. Used to be able to get 3 in the body as it dropped but just not as fast as I used to be.
That seems.... excessive.

How do you eat the squirrel with that much lead in it? Would look more like roadkill.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the majority of people that play games like UO want to sit down, relax and have some fun. NOT have to treat it like a second full time job to accomplish anything or obtain things. The more complicated and grindy things become the less attractive it is to a lot of people. For someone totally new to UO they are going to be totally lost. The New Haven quest and escorts are nice ifyou already know what you are doing, you log in and the chat is default to help....... Which on most shards NO ONE is on the help chat, and then how does the new player even know how to chat? Haven is a ghost town except for NPCs other than the 3rd party gold sellers trial acct spammer new character popping in and out as they make new characters to spam GC with but our crap, or someone training resisting up on the binders. One of the big problems in UO is the steep learning curve with no easy to access guide to getting started. I mean seriously say you never played UO before and log in, how long is it going to take you to figure out how to even use a moongate? Then move onto the economy and you learn you need x y or z and they all cost 5 mil to 50 mil and after a month of farming low end stuff you have a whopping 200k. Sure you or I or any other experienced player can take a brand new character and be at max skills in a few days, and 10 mil in the bank.............. a new inexperienced player not so much. Then add the grind into it and the whole thing becomes rather unattractive real fast.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I think the majority of people that play games like UO want to sit down, relax and have some fun. NOT have to treat it like a second full time job to accomplish anything or obtain things. The more complicated and grindy things become the less attractive it is to a lot of people. For someone totally new to UO they are going to be totally lost. The New Haven quest and escorts are nice ifyou already know what you are doing, you log in and the chat is default to help....... Which on most shards NO ONE is on the help chat, and then how does the new player even know how to chat? Haven is a ghost town except for NPCs other than the 3rd party gold sellers trial acct spammer new character popping in and out as they make new characters to spam GC with but our crap, or someone training resisting up on the binders. One of the big problems in UO is the steep learning curve with no easy to access guide to getting started. I mean seriously say you never played UO before and log in, how long is it going to take you to figure out how to even use a moongate? Then move onto the economy and you learn you need x y or z and they all cost 5 mil to 50 mil and after a month of farming low end stuff you have a whopping 200k. Sure you or I or any other experienced player can take a brand new character and be at max skills in a few days, and 10 mil in the bank.............. a new inexperienced player not so much. Then add the grind into it and the whole thing becomes rather unattractive real fast.
You're forgetting to mention that thanks to the Dungeon Revamps and other several other changes there isn't much in the way of content newer players can take advantage of either.

I seriously think that they have given up on the idea of new blood, nearly everything has been altered to the benefit of the veteran player.

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran

Well put, but IMO I think we have been in "maintenance mode" for a long time. One could argue that new content isn't maintenance mode, but for UO it has always been half hearted effort to keep people around and cash in where they can. If they were really concerned about longevity they would be fixing minor bugs and enforcing the ToS.

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Some farms have trouble with rats raiding their feed and corn......... I have hundreds of Squirrels that tear into mine. This is about pest control, not about eating tree rats :)
Fair enough - I have groundhogs and moles myself that cause property damage. It can be enraging :p

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're forgetting to mention that thanks to the Dungeon Revamps and other several other changes there isn't much in the way of content newer players can take advantage of either.

I seriously think that they have given up on the idea of new blood, nearly everything has been altered to the benefit of the veteran player.
Yeah the dungeons are a disaster, my personal pet peeve is turning Despise into a mini game. Yeah lets revamp the most popular and used dungeon into the abomination it is now that no one uses.......... other than for mining saltpeter. Then say the turd hole in New Haven is the replacement for it.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Some farms have trouble with rats raiding their feed and corn......... I have hundreds of Squirrels that tear into mine. This is about pest control, not about eating tree rats :)
But...but for a rat with climbing gear they're tasty

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But...but for a rat with climbing gear they're tasty
That is what one of our local ethnic hash shacks calls........... "Meat on a Stick" :) Not kidding btw dept of ag recently busted them for some of the things they were processing in a shed behind the joint to stock the buffet.

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mesanna and Broadsword have shown that the don't care about us. So why should we care about them and the UO anniversary? Obviously several players have spoken with their wallets. However I think we should take it one step further everyone cancel you reservations the 20th Anniversary party. As I understand it Mesanna has screwed up the reservations for the party anyway. If we cancel she will lose any deposits such the hotel conference center, the room block, the park shelter, and caters, It will cost them money. It will have a definite negative ripple effect. This WILL get there attention!
Hello Luc,

Not sure where you are getting your information about things being messed up but please check your facts before speaking negative about Broadsword and myself in the future. I still have a long waiting list so if anyone would like to cancel their reservations please email me so I can fill the spot.

Mesanna

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Luc,

Not sure where you are getting your information about things being messed up but please check your facts before speaking negative about Broadsword and myself in the future. I still have a long waiting list so if anyone would like to cancel their reservations please email me so I can fill the spot.

Mesanna
Feel free to cancel mine and my wifes :) We won't be attending after the total lack of response from you guys in regard to this......... Among other things. I would email *Again* but it pretty clear they are either ignored or never opened, unless you are one of the chosen few.

PW change.png

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No thank you I am not going to some party to get killed. You guys can pretend all you want you are "Untouchable" and nothing bad will happen to you. Reality is bad stuff happens, period. Reality is you take a chance everyday when you ride a subway or airplane. You take a chance communting to work that some road raging idiot might shoot ya. You take a chance living life. Why in God's name would anyone take a chance going somewhere where threats have already been made and the people in charge think its funny and don't care?
You sound naive and over the top paranoid and considering your Highly Mature Original Post you should quit immediately, move to a remote location with no neighbors or internets. Imo

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I do enjoy to do that mini game when I just want to sit down and drink while playing. The rewards aren't half bad either, but butchering Despise, the most newcomer friendly dungeon to fit that was way too wrong.
I am still mad about that.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You sound naive and over the top paranoid and considering your Highly Mature Original Post you should quit immediately, move to a remote location with no neighbors or internets. Imo
Not really over the top paranoid in the world today. Hell of a lot more nut jobs out there now days that will follow through with their threats than there used to be.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do enjoy to do that mini game when I just want to sit down and drink while playing. The rewards aren't half bad either, but butchering Despise, the most newcomer friendly dungeon to fit that was way too wrong.
I am still mad about that.
Could have made the haven mine/dungeon the mini game instead :)

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello Luc,

Mesanna
Yea, check your facts! There is neither blatant cheating in UO nor was anyone making death threats in genchat! And please don't speak negative about our queen!:popcorn:

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello Luc,

Mesanna
Thank you for reminding why I have basically quit UO. I almost missed playing for a nanosecond, my bad.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea, check your facts! There is neither blatant cheating in UO nor was anyone making death threats in genchat! And please don't speak negative about our queen!:popcorn:
LOL if we pretend it isn't there then it isn't there right? Reminds me of a cartoon I saw once where the characters house was fire proof and he is sitting at his table complaining about how hot it was getting as his house burned down around him. and his dog kept telling him the house was on fire and the character kept saying it can't be its fire proof.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL if we pretend it isn't there then it isn't there right? Reminds me of a cartoon I saw once where the characters house was fire proof and he is sitting at his table complaining about how hot it was getting as his house burned down around him. and his dog kept telling him the house was on fire and the character kept saying it can't be its fire proof.
658.png

This Is Fine | Know Your Meme

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
About the same amount of time it took me back in the 90s. I mined in Minoc for countless hours before finding a Moongate. I used to farm cotton for gold.

New Haven mine is good. It's more new player friendly than Despise was as well. The ogre lords are a bit much though.

Thank you for reminding why I have basically quit UO. I almost missed playing for a nanosecond, my bad.
This is why Devs don't respond. No matter what they say it has a negative impact. They could present a new expansion and someone would go through the list of why what they said is bad. Forums just aren't a constructive medium for creators.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just wear that leet platemail gear you got from the roof to the party. Youll be fine. HAHAHA

Status
Not open for further replies.