• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

In light of recent events

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol, yeah when i last returned i made a new char and did the quests around New Haven....so far so good.
Decided to head over to the New Haven Mine and do some "power leveling"......took on a couple of earth elem's as i remembered them not being that bad as long as you could heal.....OooOoOOoooOo.....
Ok, that didn't go to well. my bad i thought and went in again and managed to lure 1 off to a corner, "this time" i thought.....OoOOoooOOOOooo...
The f*** ? it only hit me once!!......
Asked in gen chat to a response of mixed laughter and advice, the advice was "Don't attempt that dungeon unless your GM skills in a full 70's suit blah blah blah.....
So i said "but it's a newbie dungeon training spot isn't it?" the reply was "yeah, you'd think so wouldn't you..."

:facepalm:

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea, check your facts! There is neither blatant cheating in UO nor was anyone making death threats in genchat! And please don't speak negative about our queen!
Its not about speaking negatively about anyone its about reporting thru proper channels and Uhall really is not the place.

LOL if we pretend it isn't there then it isn't there right? Reminds me of a cartoon I saw once where the characters house was fire proof and he is sitting at his table complaining about how hot it was getting as his house burned down around him. and his dog kept telling him the house was on fire and the character kept saying it can't be its fire proof.
The only thing burning down is ego's

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shroud of the Avatar is starting to look better and better, especially after reading Mesanna's response, even though I didn't like the approach taken by the OP. Has anybody played it yet?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry for the derail, but Dirty Harry used a .44 magnum not some .38 girly gun. ;)
That was my fault. I just like the line, PUNK.

One of the cops used a .38 special, I cant remember which. My friend bought one just like it.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shroud of the Avatar is starting to look better and better, especially after reading Mesanna's response, even though I didn't like the approach taken by the OP. Has anybody played it yet?
Yup, it's just RG's latest cash cow....won't last long once they "finally" release it....it already looks like a game from 5 years ago and is pure cash shop. Tabula rassa all over again except this time he got everyone else to pay for it......muppets....

and yes, I was one of those muppets that pledged hoping it would be the next UO....:pie:
Elder Scrolls Online is about 1000% better now than launch though....potential.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Boring as hell.

I for one like Mesanna's reply. People have spinned some incredible stories here in this thread and no matter how she responds she will be deemed uncaring, wrong bla bla bla because people will still not check the facts because that takes effort and it's not as much fun as reacting from an emotional 'My point of view is the one and only true point of view and thus I am right and everyone else is crazy or stupid or ignorant or wrong'. Just look at how this thread started, how it peaked a few times, how it sunk and watch how righteously indignant it will continue to continue.

Good grief people. You waste so much with such opinions that you take to be facts.

Opinion or fact? So what I just wrote, is it an opinion or a fact? Did I create another story or is it all fact? Is there a difference in this world today?

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Boring as hell.

I for one like Mesanna's reply. People have spinned some incredible stories here in this thread and no matter how she responds she will be deemed uncaring, wrong bla bla bla because people will still not check the facts because that takes effort and it's not as much fun as reacting from an emotional 'My point of view is the one and only true point of view and thus I am right and everyone else is crazy or stupid or ignorant or wrong'. Just look at how this thread started, how it peaked a few times, how it sunk and watch how righteously indignant it will continue to continue.

Good grief people. You waste so much with such opinions that you take to be facts.

Opinion or fact? So what I just wrote, is it an opinion or a fact? Did I create another story or is it all fact? Is there a difference in this world today?
Nah, from a PR perspective that's a terrible reply. The dev staff need to take away her twitter/posting privileges! UO needs a good community manager. One that can:
- spellcheck
- take **** and respond with a simple "thanks, we'll look into it" whether the complaint has merit or not.

Edit: meh - I'm a hypocrite because I also like when people are honest and straightforward and even a little blunt. Guess I'm just bipolar or something.

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello Luc,

Not sure where you are getting your information about things being messed up but please check your facts before speaking negative about Broadsword and myself in the future. I still have a long waiting list so if anyone would like to cancel their reservations please email me so I can fill the spot.

Mesanna
I'm sure you guys have a long waiting list and whatnot... But what I would have hoped is that you would have responded to this thread rather than your party/personal concerns. That self righteous indignation is what is turning people off to you, ya know?

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Lol, yeah when i last returned i made a new char and did the quests around New Haven....so far so good.
Decided to head over to the New Haven Mine and do some "power leveling"......took on a couple of earth elem's as i remembered them not being that bad as long as you could heal.....OooOoOOoooOo.....
Ok, that didn't go to well. my bad i thought and went in again and managed to lure 1 off to a corner, "this time" i thought.....OoOOoooOOOOooo...
The f*** ? it only hit me once!!......
Asked in gen chat to a response of mixed laughter and advice, the advice was "Don't attempt that dungeon unless your GM skills in a full 70's suit blah blah blah.....
So i said "but it's a newbie dungeon training spot isn't it?" the reply was "yeah, you'd think so wouldn't you..."

:facepalm:
This is vet ignorance. You can easily put together a 70 phys ONLY resist suit fighting the undead and ettins outside the mine. Around 70 or 75 with 70 phys resist you can fight the eles all the way up to 100. I've done it many times.

Why would you need a full 70 suit against everything that hits physical? I hesitate to even call you a vet truly. You think you can't get 70 phys resist with ettin loot? Pfft.

The real reason you went OoOooOoooo isn't the dungeon is too hard it's that you don't know the mechanics of the game. To pretend like Despise Earth Eles somehow was the better over New Haven Mine Earth Eles is funny.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is vet ignorance. You can easily put together a 70 phys ONLY resist suit fighting the undead and ettins outside the mine. Around 70 or 75 with 70 phys resist you can fight the eles all the way up to 100. I've done it many times.

Why would you need a full 70 suit against everything that hits physical? I hesitate to even call you a vet truly. You think you can't get 70 phys resist with ettin loot? Pfft.

The real reason you went OoOooOoooo isn't the dungeon is too hard it's that you don't know the mechanics of the game. To pretend like Despise Earth Eles somehow was the better over New Haven Mine Earth Eles is funny.
My point was that i made a new char to play as though i was a NEW player with zero resources, not a returning vet.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Luc,

Not sure where you are getting your information about things being messed up but please check your facts before speaking negative about Broadsword and myself in the future. I still have a long waiting list so if anyone would like to cancel their reservations please email me so I can fill the spot.

Mesanna
PM me if a space opens. Might book a flight, buy some popcorn and watch the fist-a-cuffs!

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
After discussing it, the moderation team has come to a unanimous decision to lock this thread.

The responses took a sharp turn into personal disputes and attacks, and the thread will continue to roll downhill if it is left open.

Everyone has had a chance to post their thoughts and vent their frustrations. The thread even got a response from Mesanna so the developers have had a chance to post their thoughts as well. For those who are upset about the way Mesanna responded, you can always send her a PM explaining why instead of posting it publicly. Also please do not try to restart this particular topic in other threads.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.