• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

In light of recent events

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mesanna and Broadsword have shown that the don't care about us. So why should we care about them and the UO anniversary? Obviously several players have spoken with their wallets. However I think we should take it one step further everyone cancel you reservations the 20th Anniversary party. As I understand it Mesanna has screwed up the reservations for the party anyway. If we cancel she will lose any deposits such the hotel conference center, the room block, the park shelter, and caters, It will cost them money. It will have a definite negative ripple effect. This WILL get there attention!

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In light of recent events? What recent events?
People's pets that they have scrolled and used bonding potions on going poof. (name of player removed by moderator) being allowed to run amok. The great Clops debacle. Pvp and pets issue. Real life threats to players and the Anniversary party go unaddressed. What more do I need to say?

Last edited by a moderator:

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
People's pets that they have scrolled and used bonding potions on going poof. (players name removed by moderator) being allowed to run amok. The great Clops debacle. Pvp and pets issue. Real life threats to players and the Anniversary party go unaddressed. What more do I need to say?
1. You nor anyone else has any idea about anything they have or havent done to (name of player removed by moderator).
2. How can Mesanna or Broadsword be blamed for the Clops thing? Dude was corrupt, they caught him. Its definitely not the first time this has happened.
3. Pvp and pets issue? You mean the one where they keep trying to make adjustment and balance passes? Where they are listening to player feedback?
4. RL threats going unaddressed? How do you know this? I don't recall anyone ever being publicly shamed/banned from UO.
5. Pets going poof? Never has happened to me, but sure, lets say there is a bug. How long do you think it takes to investigate, find a cause, and fix a bug like that? How about to even confirm that it exists in the first place?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
1. You nor anyone else has any idea about anything they have or havent done to (name of player removed by moderator).
2. How can Mesanna or Broadsword be blamed for the Clops thing? Dude was corrupt, they caught him. Its definitely not the first time this has happened.
3. Pvp and pets issue? You mean the one where they keep trying to make adjustment and balance passes? Where they are listening to player feedback?
4. RL threats going unaddressed? How do you know this? I don't recall anyone ever being publicly shamed/banned from UO.
5. Pets going poof? Never has happened to me, but sure, lets say there is a bug. How long do you think it takes to investigate, find a cause, and fix a bug like that? How about to even confirm that it exists in the first place?
Ummm... I was working on a reply but yours is better... SOOO... figured I would just quote it

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mesanna and Broadsword have shown that the don't care about us. So why should we care about them and the UO anniversary? Obviously several players have spoken with their wallets. However I think we should take it one step further everyone cancel you reservations the 20th Anniversary party. As I understand it Mesanna has screwed up the reservations for the party anyway. If we cancel she will lose any deposits such the hotel conference center, the room block, the park shelter, and caters, It will cost them money. It will have a definite negative ripple effect. This WILL get there attention!
Ignore the responses above. Two of you cancel your trip. I can probably go now.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A couple posts had a minor edit to remove the name of a player, as publicly accusing another player of wrongdoing breaks the Stratics rules of conduct even if the implied wrongdoing is true. This does not apply to mentioning the Clops corruption situation because the developers admitted that is true themselves already, which is why his name was not removed in the edit. Please make sure not to openly name other players when talking about scripting/cheating etc. going forward.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A couple posts had a minor edit to remove the name of a player, as publicly accusing another player of wrongdoing breaks the Stratics rules of conduct even if the implied wrongdoing is true. This does not apply to mentioning the Clops corruption situation because the developers admitted that is true themselves already, which is why his name was not removed in the edit. Please make sure not to openly name other players when talking about scripting/cheating etc. going forward.
Sorry Captn. I thought since the problem with he-who-shall-not-be-named was well know and I though he'd been named in other threads it was okay. That was 100% MY BAD, sorry.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Atonishing. The number of players is irrelevant. EA don't count players. They count accounts.
I mean...why would we as players care about that?

I would think the community cares more about the number of PLAYERS being lost, then how many accounts they owned. But naw, it sounds much more direr and sensationalist when you only mention the account number.

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
However I think we should take it one step further everyone cancel you reservations the 20th Anniversary party. As I understand it Mesanna has screwed up the reservations for the party anyway. If we cancel she will lose any deposits such the hotel conference center, the room block, the park shelter, and caters, It will cost them money.
This is kind of messed up.

Morgana Grim

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A group of 6 people who all left in the last few days compared how many accounts they were closing. It was 107 total when I saw it too.

107 accounts
6 players

....lol

And we're suppose to believe they paid for every account every month and never did the "cycling" payment thing? yeeeeeaaaah lol So how much money per month is ACTUALLY lost by these 6 people and does it ever matter? This whole thing is starting to come off really petty by a certain group of people who think they are "proving a point".

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I mean...why would we as players care about that?

I would think the community cares more about the number of PLAYERS being lost, then how many accounts they owned. But naw, it sounds much more direr and sensationalist when you only mention the account number.
Actaully, we should care about both. I don't care if you have 50 act per say. I do care about the amount of money that is lost from the lose of accts/players. The less money that comes in means less money for updates, pixel crack, and such. Also less money means posible lose of dev team members, server, etc.

Prawn

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I read the first post and all I could think was.. "Man this dude needs to get a life"

I can completely understand that after 20 years of playing a game, the game can feel like a 20 year old stale marriage. Being ignored, **** not going right.. maybe they are sneaking around your back making new content for another game?

Either way... I think you should cancel your trip to the party, shut the uo client off and reevaluate things. Take a break!

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
107 accounts, assuming no cycling :rolleyes2:, is only $1,389.93 (at full price), or $16,679.16 a year. This is likely just a drop in the bucket.

More worrying is whether BS will get their management contract renewed come November.

Morgana Grim

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
107 accounts, assuming no cycling :rolleyes2:, is only $1,389.93 (at full price), or $16,679.16 a year. This is likely just a drop in the bucket.

More worrying is whether BS will get their management contract renewed come November.
Dot just kinda nailed it with this response. That is the real issue. Not a few people trying to stir the pot for their own vendetta. Come Nov we all may not have to worry about who thinks what about how things should be run and who they want to run it. I don't think trying to make a mess of the party is going to have any bearing on that issue.

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know of a ton of great players that have quit or stopped playing since one Idoc-person in particular came around about a year or two ago. It probably has something to do with a name like IDOCER or IdocProfessional or something of the sort making fun of our game in general chat. Idocs should be a sad thing that the community enjoys. Sure.. some players will go to most of them because they collect. Sadly... the 10 that I have went to this year (aside from Skele Weine's castle on Atl) have only had 1 person there.... an Idoc-person (not to be named.....)

This person spamming in general chat constantly about how crappy our game is, that he is gonna go back to WoW as soon as he is unbanned from it, (even though he doesn't because he knows he has it easy here...) spamming that he is making 140p a year in general chat, and spamming that he has bullets for everyone at the anniversary party going unchecked is ludacris. Does everyone realize what returning players going to train swordsmanship to start a character feel when they see "Idoc-professional" in general chat saying the EMs and Mesanna don't care that he scripts and cheats, and won't do anything and laugh? There's been more than 6 players quit the past 2 years because of this Idoc-man I can assure you.

There were always bad idocers. Some would bring 30 (youngs) in and laugh at you while they were gonna take every item... and they did take every item. But those players were a headache for Idocers everywhere... not general chat and the UO population at large. Those players are still a headache and get every item... and many players quit because of it. But this Idoc-person has the general UO population who has never stepped foot at an idoc quitting. I quit Idocing period, about 7 months ago.... a month or two before Raresfest because of that Idoc guy. It's not worth my time any more. Even when I did go and get a chest or two with decent items... That one Idoc-person has a million of those items and is selling them at his house for 35% of the value.... If I could, I would name my friends that quit because of problems with Idoc-person and even Mesanna and the Devs in general. Some quit because of the failed account-payment system. Some quit because of the players gating in (youngs) before Idoc-person came along. Some quit because of Idoc-man's crap the past two years. Idocs were what many of us grew to love in UO, believe it or not... it's the reason they EXIST in the game is so players can go to them. I have had many friends quit because of that Idoc-guy, and I don't mean in the past week... although I do know/respect those players also. I think someone mentioned in one of the other player's "quitting" threads a few nights ago about how sad he was because his two best friends had quit also. I didn't know those players; but we each have our own friends that we met and loved at Idocs.

This game is a decorating game for many of us. It's great to hear people talking in role playing language in general chat. It's great to hear pvp'ers fighting. It's NOT great to hear someone with half-broken English talk about how stupid we all are b/c we cannot copy/paste a script. Some people don't want to script in a game..... and we sure as **** don't want some Idoc-Idiot that can't even speak/think telling us in general chat how many hundreds of billions in gold he made last year. It was fun after the Devs changed everything blocking the (youngs) standing/grabbing it all and being one of the non-scripters at Idocs and getting 240m the righteous way... But now that 240m wouldn't likely be worth 100m. Ie... not worth trying to find idocs and recall around for a week to get times. Not to mention... he is ALWAYS gonna be there rubbing it in, stealthing on bots, dragging monsters trying to kill pack horses of non-scripters, ect.... It's sad what 1 person can do to a game.

The hardcore scripters get every single event item still, let me assure you. They always will. They are usually afk too from what I've heard. That leaves the smaller items and chests open to 5-10 of us "players" that go usually though. And *sometimes, SOMETIMES* you would get that tiny house all to yourself with a few crystal teleporters and house teleporters. It's how we could afford to be a member of the rares community and participate. It's the reason Polaris75 exists on Stratics. I NEVER buy gold from any website whatsoever, and I'm extremely proud of that. But I've been at 20m for the past 7 months because I just won't go to Idocs anymore. Like I said... it's just not worth it. Hundreds of players feel the same. And most are decorators like my wife and I and have 7 accounts, or more. Imagine 700 less houses on Atlantic. There's already 107 from 6 players going to be going "poof." That's the grim reality of what UO is facing thanks to inaction on a single Idoc-person. I don't know you... but I feel you OP.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mesanna and Broadsword don't own UO last I heard was EA or OSI still does. So not much that Mesanna or even Broadsword is able to do to replace items in the game.Yes it sucks to lose things, but we all know things like this will happen at times. By us paying for our accounts in away we are saying we know this and will still keep paying to play. same goes for bugs, glitches etc etc. I would seriously find out who actually owns UO , and complain to them instead of coming here and saying Messanna and Broadsword have shown that they don't care about us, trying to get players to cancel their reservations for the 20th Anniversary party. I see it this way if Mesanna and Broadsword don't care why even set up this party for players to get together when they didn't have to.
question not sure but the deposits that Mesanna will lose is payed by the players who put in their reservations and payed for them? So how would this hurt Mesanna, and Broadsword?

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mesanna and Broadsword don't own UO last I heard was EA or OSI still does. So not much that Mesanna or even Broadsword is able to do to replace items in the game.Yes it sucks to lose things, but we all know things like this will happen at times. By us paying for our accounts in away we are saying we know this and will still keep paying to play. same goes for bugs, glitches etc etc. I would seriously find out who actually owns UO , and complain to them instead of coming here and saying Messanna and Broadsword have shown that they don't care about us, trying to get players to cancel their reservations for the 20th Anniversary party. I see it this way if Mesanna and Broadsword don't care why even set up this party for players to get together when they didn't have to.
question not sure but the deposits that Mesanna will lose is payed by the players who put in their reservations and payed for them? So how would this hurt Mesanna, and Broadsword?
The Players that reserved payed nothing. I know I *HAD* a reservation. I let it go after seeing two different individuals threaten to harm people at the party. One not only stated in Gen Chat Atlantic that he was going to shoot the party up but went so far as to tell everyone what kind of gun and caliber of bullets he would be bringing. Another threaten to blow up the party in the name of a well know terrorist organization that shares their name with an Egyptian goddess* ....I believe he was in Gen chat or help chat Atlantic. I know it was brought up at the Q&A on Baja and Mesanna blew it off and almost mocked the player that asked.

No thank you I am not going to some party to get killed. You guys can pretend all you want you are "Untouchable" and nothing bad will happen to you. Reality is bad stuff happens, period. Reality is you take a chance everyday when you ride a subway or airplane. You take a chance communting to work that some road raging idiot might shoot ya. You take a chance living life. Why in God's name would anyone take a chance going somewhere where threats have already been made and the people in charge think its funny and don't care?

I think am long overdue to close my seven accounts and bid UO adieu.

*Edited because I don't like given those guys free publicity.

Last edited:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You should if you believe what you read in Gen Chat.

Can I have your stuffs?
The threats she is talking about really happened. Here is one of them:

Untitled.png

As you can see by the help request aborted part, yes, he was paged on. Did he get banned? Nope he is still around.

If threatening to murder people in the parking lot of the anniversary party and even describing how doesn't get you banned from UO, what the heck does?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

View attachment 69159

As you can see by the help request aborted part, yes, he was paged on. Did he get banned? Nope he is still around.

If threatening to murder people in the parking lot of the anniversary party and even describing how doesn't get you banned from UO, what the heck does?
Uhh, I thought only 1970s police shows carried .38s ?

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think the real question is what is a "Park Shelter"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is a Park shelter. You have to reserve them. This requires a deposit. I know this from helping my friend with her son's Graduation party, he want to have it at the lake.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Uhh, I thought only 1970s police shows carried .38s ?
Well after seeing that dude on Atlantic, I-asked-a-cop. A friend that is a cop, and apparently they are still used by felons.
What does he know he's only a cop right?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well after seeing that dude on Atlantic, I-asked-a-cop. A friend that is a cop, and apparently they are still used by felons.
What does he know he's only a cop right?
I've carried a Glock 22 .40 cal with a 9mm conversion barrel, for years. Everyone knows, when the zombie apocalypse starts, that's the 2 most common types of ammo found on corpses. :gee:

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Players that reserved payed nothing. I know I *HAD* a reservation. I let it go after seeing two different individuals threaten to harm people at the party. One not only stated in Gen Chat Atlantic that he was going to shoot the party up but went so far as to tell everyone what kind of gun and caliber of bullets he would be bringing. Another threaten to blow up the party in the name of a well know terrorist organization that shares their name with an Egyptian goddess* ....I believe he was in Gen chat or help chat Atlantic. I know it was brought up at the Q&A on Baja and Mesanna blew it off and almost mocked the player that asked.

No thank you I am not going to some party to get killed. You guys can pretend all you want you are "Untouchable" and nothing bad will happen to you. Reality is bad stuff happens, period. Reality is you take a chance everyday when you ride a subway or airplane. You take a chance communting to work that some road raging idiot might shoot ya. You take a chance living life. Why in God's name would anyone take a chance going somewhere where threats have already been made and the people in charge think its funny and don't care?

I think am long overdue to close my seven accounts and bid UO adieu.

*Edited because I don't like given those guys free publicity.
Thank you this I didn't know

Mr Bug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Become situationally aware. Once you stop leaving the house because you are scared, they win. Seems to be a real problem for most millennials. Put down the smart phone and pay attention. There are no safe zones in real life. Live a little and enjoy life. Sorry if this is off topic.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Become situationally aware. Once you stop leaving the house because you are scared, they win. Seems to be a real problem for most millennials. Put down the smart phone and pay attention. There are no safe zones in real life. Live a little and enjoy life. Sorry if this is off topic.
Yepp..

and get your permit to carry ;)

Place don't allow permit holders to carry in their establishment? Meh, I go elsewhere.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

View attachment 69159

I was involved in the exchange. I can assure you it DID happen!

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
This is a Park shelter. You have to reserve them. This requires a deposit. I know this from helping my friend with her son's Graduation party, he want to have it at the lake.

Off topic, but where's that?

NM Google solved it!

Lady CaT

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:coco:

arkiu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ughh ... when did UO become so trashy?? For the past few months ive thought maybe moving to atl would give me a better outlook on the game since pop is a lot higher... now it just sounds like creeps blow up gen chat with ******** all day long and say dumb things for attention..... ughhhhh.

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Not to bring up an old subject, but what exactly is the "clops" thing? also pretty much everything else(problems) has been going on since UO started, so why blame mesanna or broadsword?

Status
Not open for further replies.