• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

im posting here because we arent welcome anywhere

T

Thorstein

Steb and matthewjames no longer hold the title "Community Manager," so I assume that they have been reassigned to other projects. Moreover, they had their admin badges downgraded to moderator badges, and now their moderator badges have been further demoted to staff badges.
It's too bad, I kind of enjoyed watching all the different spin going on. It has been really amusing to have one person apologizing to me while another was calling me out.

P

PsychoBunny

I want my lost 13K posts count back!

*waves hands wildly*

Actually, I really don't care lol. :lol:

Postcount +1 ;)

E

Ellisande

Oh! Well, then I won't blame the vino if it moves again. :D

I haven't been in since AVG was screaming "malware!" at me.

E

Ellisande

You prolly should edit that, my dear.

Edit --- hehe, he removed it :)

E

Ellisande

In his defense, it's been a LOOOOOOONG time since we were on heavily moderated forums. Back to the UO.com boards, because even the early UHall:OT was more lax.

I'm sorry for my immature actions on Stratics after the OT delete. Not sorry for my anger, but for the way it was expressed.

M

Madd Matt

We were/are/will fix it. I just want everyone to know that were not here to hassle, shove, overthrow or displace anything, anyone. Were just doing what we honestly and whole heartedly think is the right thing to do.
and i guess only you are right

and everyone else is wrong

i've met a lot of 'experienced' people online
some take the cake

have fun! carry on! carry a tune! carry me back to ole' Virginny

*walks away*

Z

Zin

Oh lol. So once you don't agree with a small group of OT'ers, then you don't have integrity or high character? You guys are so far out there its not even funny.

You're going to start saying that aj and wcheezer has high character? aj you all ridiculed, talked about for lots of time what a disgustingly stupid person most of you thought he was. (both on OT, in voon and privately). Wcheezer was a person who took pleasure in slaughtering of children, got into a hissy fit over OT not bending to him. And now, just because they agree with you, then they become part of your "buddy buddy" group
All of this is untrue... I never said anything behind either of their backs that I didn't say to their face. And considering you and I don't talk privately that just makes all of this funnier.

I'm confident both AJ and Cheezer know how I feel about them. I've said so publicly. Both positives and negatives.

Either way... You are the worst kind of troll there is. The new staff will know it without any help from me. You'll do it all on your own.

ingsmsico

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome to the internet, punks. It's not all rainbows and kittens.
the people crying about anything here are you guys. you spew all kinds of hate speech directed at Jews, gays, blacks etc and you expect to be coddled.

get the **** out of here and make your own forum.

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
True zingrish logic. I talk about their standing as a group and you start talking about your personal standing with them.

Anyway, OT has been deleted several times, as has our post counts. You guys have a new home, so why is this a big deal?

E

Ellehcim

True zingrish logic. I talk about their standing as a group and you start talking about your personal standing with them.

Anyway, OT has been deleted several times, as has our post counts. You guys have a new home, so why is this a big deal?
I really hope they give you a mod badge back LC... It will just add to their problems.

P

PsychoBunny

Because when something that people care about "dies", they get upset? Sure, we'll get over it in time, and thanks to our new home, that process will probably happen a lot faster now.

But no thanks to the *insert expletive of your choice here* who caused that loss in the first place.

It makes me sad that a place I "lived" in for some 9 years got ripped apart by some hissy-fitting emo. I came to Stratics via a guy I was dating at the time who was a mod here. I became an admin and remained one for several years on the AO forums. I was also one of the ORIGINAL mods for the very first incarnation of OT (NHB) along with Viv, CJ and Zin (under a different nick).

I've forged some good friendships here. To see our "home" taken away in such a manner is hurtful. Yes, we have a new home. Yes, we will continue with those friendships. But you don't just simply "get over" such hurts within minutes.

And whatever I may feel (I left Stratics staff a while ago), it's going to hurt a lot more for those current staffers who didn't even get the courtesy of any reasons *at the time* for being discarded in such an appalling manner.

If you can't see that, I feel sorry for you. I truly do. People don't just switch off feelings. We're a family. A dysfunctional one, sure, but a family none the less. We argue, we b*tch, we throw insults, then we get on with being a collection of friends and acquaintances. That's what families and communities do.

We will heal. We have already made leaps and bounds. But that shouldn't preclude anyone the right to express their hurt or anger over what happened. Which is what we've been doing.

Your posts can attempt to demean how we feel as much as you like. It won't happen though. Because you simply don't *get it*.

I would hate to think that I might lose contact with many of those people who were regulars on OT... all I can say is thank god for places like FB where connections can still be held regardless of which hissy fitting emo is throwing his toys out of the pram this week on Stratics.

Yes, yes, we are fully aware or *your* feelings and how you look down your nose at the fact that some of us are more than just usernames on a random gaming site. Sorry that you never connected with people like many of us did.

M

Major Miner II

Always the contrarian LC. Always the contrarian.

Z

Zin

Uhh... When did I get promoted to speaking for all of OT? All I ever do is talk about my personal standing about anything.

See PB's post. Hell... See Blackie Lawless's post. And I don't even know who that is.

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because when something that people care about "dies", they get upset? Sure, we'll get over it in time, and thanks to our new home, that process will probably happen a lot faster now.
Yes and that is good, I am happy for you guys.

But no thanks to the *insert expletive of your choice here* who caused that loss in the first place.
You are assuming that OT wasn't being planed to be shut down/deleted anyway. They did say this had been under discussion for a while.

It makes me sad that a place I "lived" in for some 9 years got ripped apart by some hissy-fitting emo. I came to Stratics via a guy I was dating at the time who was a mod here. I became an admin and remained one for several years on the AO forums. I was also one of the ORIGINAL mods for the very first incarnation of OT (NHB) along with Viv, CJ and Zin (under a different nick).
Oh, I agree, its sad, it makes me sad too. And talking with some people made me remember many of the good times. But many people aren't acting sad, they're acting like devious 5 year olds who just had their mother murdered. The reactions from many are way way out of proportions. Heck the reactions towards me for not just supporting the invasions, the rampages, the hissyfits and over statements of importance is clear show of just how rabid this is. If you were sad about it and it hurts, then going ballistic like that is stupid.

I've forged some good friendships here. To see our "home" taken away in such a manner is hurtful. Yes, we have a new home. Yes, we will continue with those friendships. But you don't just simply "get over" such hurts within minutes.
I didn't say you should. Heck, I still am not over it myself. Every now and then I see things on the net, pictures or news articles and I find myself instinctively wanting to go to OT and post, and then I remember that its gone and I get a feeling of sadness.

And whatever I may feel (I left Stratics staff a while ago), it's going to hurt a lot more for those current staffers who didn't even get the courtesy of any reasons *at the time* for being discarded in such an appalling manner.
What manner? Only those with OT was let go and honestly, if you shut down a company immediately, you don't keep the employees around.

If you can't see that, I feel sorry for you. I truly do. People don't just switch off feelings. We're a family. A dysfunctional one, sure, but a family none the less. We argue, we b*tch, we throw insults, then we get on with being a collection of friends and acquaintances. That's what families and communities do.
You're a family of convenience. Heck, just see how quick I got thrown out of "the family" merely for disagreeing with your assessments. (not that it matters), some are friends sure, but a friend should last beyond OT.

OT only becomes a family when a unified front is needed to accomplish a common goal.

Your posts can attempt to demean how we feel as much as you like. It won't happen though. Because you simply don't *get it*.
Actually I get it just fine. Just because I don't agree with you on everything, doesn't mean I don't "get it".

I would hate to think that I might lose contact with many of those people who were regulars on OT... all I can say is thank god for places like FB where connections can still be held regardless of which hissy fitting emo is throwing his toys out of the pram this week on Stratics.
Most posters are on the new OT, yes? So the contacts should persist. But yes, it is sad to lose contact with people who might not come over to the new OT or aren't on your contact lists.

Yes, yes, we are fully aware or *your* feelings and how you look down your nose at the fact that some of us are more than just usernames on a random gaming site. Sorry that you never connected with people like many of us did.
Oh, I connected very well with many people. Mostly outside of OT. But honestly, how many OTers did you actually connect with?

I made a deliberate choice to keep connections to a bare minimum, considering the backstabbing and slimy nature of OT. This doesn't mean I don't understand community connections. But fortunately your connections remain in the new OT she was kind enough to set up. Heck it even has a color scheme to remind of the old.

Z

Zin

I made a deliberate choice to keep connections to a bare minimum, considering the backstabbing and slimy nature of OT.
*laughs*

You mean your connections were a bare minimum because of your backstabbing nature. I don't do it often... But boy... *Fixed your post.*

K

Kellogg

Don't you have to actually be a part of a family to be thrown out of it?

simonovsk

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm just discovering what's happened to OT after being away for a while, and I sort of feel like a Haitian now. Who'll give me me spanking?

And where is Fayled when we finally need him? I don't think anybody but Wisty ever liked LC, but most of the posters were exceedingly good persons and I would like to use this oportunity to thank them.

Thank you for defecating on my head repeatedly, keeping me warm and cosy through many a long night and fencing off far more dangerous predators, who when then pulled me out broke my neck, everytime. This is a Nobody quote, note I could have said Voltaire and I'd have been right just because I'm French and cute, and a shy boy. Sarsmi I'll always keep a soft spot for, Aran too just because of the Link costume and how perfectly fitting and brilliant it was to post this picture, Trillian and DE, Tarantulus, DH, Zin, PB, Fanny, those were some nice holiday pics cuties. Ellissande and Matt, Studly, Dani, Mag, Cyric, Kellog and Labrat, UD... I feel like I'm closing down a good book, characters were alive for a moment and it was a real piece of life, in the purest Comedie Humaine tradition. Thanks for all that ****ers.

Beware of the Vampire. Not meaning any dumb reference to those untasty teen movies mind you, I am an extremely well read and listened person, yes I am! Lee Perry productions are blasting through my speakers as I type, and I think Philip **** was right. Infinite wisdom to you all, I sucked on batteries until it ate my teeth away.

Long live OT, closing it was vile and treacherous.

W

willing labrat

How fascinating. There it is, and I can see it. But I cannot post. Very clear, in the small box detailing posting rules I see that I can look, but nothing else. No Dogs, No Frisbees, No Kites, No Fun. Once again, how fascinating. rolleyes: