• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

im posting here because we arent welcome anywhere

W

willing labrat

I don't post round these parts much these days after the way certain members of senior management shafted me in times gone past - but I have to say that from what I can make out, this is no longer the Stratics I once knew, loved, worked for, and spent many hours racking up thousands of posts on across several forums.

It is not the management that make a forum what it is - it is its members, as without them posting, there would be no community (or advertising revenue, for that matter, which seems to be more intrusive than it used to be).

Whoever runs Stratics these days would do very well to remember this wisdom.

I've had my differences with most of OT over my time over there - but I'm putting our differences aside for now and joining them in saying "put things back how they were".
OMG Thank you so much, aj. I'm flabbergasted. :)

W

willing labrat

Well. you know, I sort of have to cast myself with the goats, here. I have been a member of Stratics for years. I was a content editor for TSO Stratics, and I had some very popular threads of advice and community content. Perhaps I was a little outspoken, sometimes, and had some content banned for mentioning or advising on the inadvisablity of the dreaded forbidden obscenity "eB*y" and I was probably most famous or infamous in OT NHB for my Book Reviews. rolleyes: However, I now find myself Not Recognized, Username Not Found, Access Denied, and You Have Insufficient Permission to Enter This Forum, without engaging in walking three times around the block and looking for entry from two different points. Rather annoying. Am I banned or just somehow given a limited ticket to the back row, standing only?

OT may have been like the worst of Tombstone, Arizona, but that didn't mean you couldn't have a meaningful discussion, or that the general tenor was such that anyone without a predisposition to be horrified, or a total lack of sense of humor, couldn't find a place to rent behind the OK Corral, and hold their own in the gunfights.

And, of course, I'm informed that my posts will now only become visible if they are approved by a moderator. If you have a choice between Baaaaing with the Sheep, like LC, or Baaaaaing with the goats, I choose the goats. I will, no doubt, find more interesting company in Internet hell, no offense MC, although I'm sure you'll have visiting privileges. :lol:

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LC you dont speak for us
Neither do you, neither does anyone really.

you were never welcomed because you are insane. you lie like crazy and have some serious issues man.
Project much?

Other than that, I don't lie unless I really have to, and there was very little reason to lie in OT. Apart from of course manipulating threads and debates.

As for the admins - dont trust this man. he is just trying to kiss your rumps. Im sure he wants his old job back. Do not trust him... he told some of us some very underhanded things back in the day... how he was going to take down stratics etc etc.
I am not kissing anyone "rumps", I don't know these guys, nor do I have any inclination to work for them.

Other than that, its convenient that OT is gone so such claims can't be verified, huh? You stand a lot to gain if I am discredited, because I am in the way of your OT crusade here.

F

Frapster

Thanks for a good reply! Trust me I really do understand what you mean and I'm fine with that. I don't mind the rudeness etc of the OT members. BUT the rudeness, in my opinion, has been out of control. We were/are/will fix it. I just want everyone to know that were not here to hassle, shove, overthrow or displace anything, anyone. Were just doing what we honestly and whole heartedly think is the right thing to do. I knew there would be massive opposition because of the amount of time these things have been going on.

Don't get me wrong OT forums are needed and are a good thing to have. It's just, in what way? The over 18 thing is fine. What I do not think is fine and going over the line is wishing death, mutilation etc. If we can get rid of this behavior everything would be amazing!

We just want Stratics to be a home for everyone, and everyone over 18. What would a normal visitor's first impression of a website be if they read all of those posts in OT? Thanks for understanding in some way.
Now that you have destroyed the OT to which I gave birth, over which I labored like a masterpiece, that owed its existence to power of my spoken word....

You all really lept before you understood a thing. Your decisions have been based on a complete lack of understanding of the OT community and the value it brought to Stratics. Unfortunately a squeamish management certainly rings the death knell and it was surely inevitable that OT would go the way of the dodo... but what's funny is you will literally lose thousands of clicks/impression. OT competed with any forum you had on the community in terms of revenue... once the drama has died it will be your loss. Enjoy! And no, OT did not drive away customers. It kept many of us much longer than we should have ever stayed....

L

larrytheminer

I have updated the Why OT was closed thread, for those who are interested.
That's funny I can't view that thread. It's like getting the death penalty and you were never even got a fair trial.

Funny thing, I've seen all kinds of stuff on OT that either made me cringe or just get plain pissed off, if I didn't want to be a part of it I simply moved on. It seems to me wemwern't even given a chance by the new management.

LtM

K

Kellogg

Its funny comming from you LC who uses racial slurs on a regular basis when it was allowed. To the point where you kept bumping a thread so it was on the front page while looking at forums.
I was one who used racial slurs fairly rarely, I had ONE thread that had a racist title, while the rest of you guys had dozens of racists posts. And you guys also accused the CEO of being a pedophile. Imagine a potential investor coming to Stratics and seeing that charge.

Anyway, as stated, I am just as guilty as the next OT poster, I was right there in the gutter, rambling on, being obscene. But I know when I've been defeated rightfully. And honestly the overly dramatic 5 year old behavior and over done selfimportance displayed by posters such as MC and UD just makes me glad OT is dead.
You mention them explaining OT to their potential investors. I would absolutely love to see them trying to explain this fiasco to potential investors.

It would be sure to either have some fancy footwork or be delightfully disastrous.

K

Kellogg

This whole thing has me extremely disappointed with the new management. They say that OT was something that they didn't want their website to be.

It's looking like what they're trying to change Stratics into is something that many do not want to be a part of.

Time will tell.

W

willing labrat

You know, from reading a few of the comments in this thread, some of them very surprising, I had a few thoughts. I thought about commenting by including a quote from Benjamin Franklin, and another from Voltaire, but I decided someone might mistake me for a graduate of Harvard Law School, so I decided to skip it. rolleyes:

What I decided to mention was a question about the utter lawlessness and out of control personal violence of OT. Interesting. Sort of a question as to why anyone who had ever appreciated the benefits of hand sanitizers would ever wade in a cesspool.

I was a member of OT from about the third day, if I recall correctly. The TSO forums had been very emotionally, distressingly, transferred to Stratics when the folks in the EA administration apparently decided a fractious fan community wasn't either profitable business or the cakewalk they anticipated, given the minor beta problems... or not so minor. The joke was, when Brekke posted the notification that those of us with stronger opinions, and other discussion interests than recipes or favorite pop music would be better placed in the OT NHB forum, was jokingly referred to as another cattle car to Dachau. We'd already met Crazy Joe, who came in to our forums as a "gun-totin' cleanup expert" with "three amigos," to fix us up. I kind of think he got more flames than he expected. Funny how that happens, even when you're trying to be nice and reasonable. Look at Afghanistan.

I have no idea what anyone means by OT deteriorating. I don't seem to remember any time when DIAF was not a commonly accepted greeting. I don't really remember any time when the standard rule of discourse was not at least six or seven ad hominem remarks as a challenge to further progress.

I'm a big fan of rationality, myself, but if you want to spread the gospel, perhaps you don't preach in the choir stall. Maybe you'd be better employed at the cathouse on the other side of the track. Maybe the terrain would be more challenging.

There's a few things I would have had differently, naturally. On slow news days the requisite personal attacks for the hell of it were pretty boring, but there were many interesting threads from all sides, albeit not every day. The baptism of fire for all new posters was extreme, and although I was at work and missed the precipitory events, I rather suspect one "Steb" probably got the full treatment. But, as has been mentioned, in every one of those episodes, there was good advice, good humor, and a willingness to welcome, depending on how well the candidate made it through the first 24 hours. Of course, if the candidate has power and not much understanding of the process, the nuclear bomb sort of trumps the local custom, doesn't it. I'm sorry I missed it. I doubt anything I might have said would have made a difference, but, who knows.

OT was the Theatre of the Absurd. It was an exaggeration of the Internet's worst, but it was definitely self-parody. You could insult someone's intelligence day after day, and if you had the right genes, you could log off and log onto WoW and be perfectly comfortable teaming up with them for a dungeon or a pvp event, and cheering. Hard to understand, perhaps.

But, you know, above and beyond the disclaimers, OT was equipped with this clever feature called an Ignore button. Believe it or not, I must have been born with the hide of a Triceratops, because I was never tempted to use it. I guess some people don't get the joke. OT was not real. It was a play. It was sometimes boring, but never incapable of surprising. It was definitely wild and loose, and not for the security conscious. Deciding that the hood was a bad risk for the general peace and well-being of the nice people everywhere...

Maybe I will quote from Benjamin Franklin after all. "Any society that is willing to give up a little liberty to gain a little security, deserves neither, and will lost both."

If I had been a moderator on OT, I would not have changed not one god-damned thing, and yes, LC, you are a sheep, and do not deserve to run with the goats. :lol:

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Posting as an outsider who enjoyed READING that forum but rarely posted, the OT forum no holds barred was clearly advertised as..no HOLDS BARRED. And had a age requirement to log in. I don't understand what the issue with the forum was, but you should not punish the second largest community because an admin had a wah wah fit over whatever someone said on a forum catered to adults without moderation. If it hurt you so much then don't read it. Un-moderated means that...Un-moderated.

Without OT, Stratics is just UO forums with a bunch of semi dead other game forums. Killing off your second largest community is not a wise choice.

E

Ellehcim

To steal a quote...

OT IS DEAD!!!

ALL HAIL OT!!!

I feel melancholy...

It cannot be fixed, what is done is forever. When you post on an internet forum and abide by its ROC, you need to trust that the people in charge will respect you and treat you with dignity.

I trusted Trill, Thor & Dani. I felt safe posting in a continuing community knowing I would be treated fairly and equally. Now that is gone. Not because I dont trust them, because I dont trust the people above them.

I was a client of stratics. My clicks brought in revenue every day... I came here because there was a community of people I felt safe in. They kept my bar stool open. We laughed and cried and under all of the bull**** was a real community. The ironic thing is someone with the title of Community Manager trashed the whole thing...

George, you supposedly have a degree in communication... You are really screwing that up.

You are telling the investors that OT was planned to be closed.

You are telling the mods here that it will blow over in 2-3 days.

And you are telling the community something completely different.

The problem is that everyone can see all of your communications and obviously not everything you are saying can be true all at once. You lack credibility, and that brings fear to the forums.

I cant make steb actually appologize, I cant make George be a better person, I cannot bring OT back... However, I can vote with my fingers and take my clicks elsewhere.

It's all I can do...

A

ajdown@jp

I cant make steb actually appologize, I cant make George be a better person, I cannot bring OT back... However, I can vote with my fingers and take my clicks elsewhere.

It's all I can do...
At the end of the day, clicks/revenue seems to be the only thing that "investors" understand.

There certainly clearly seems to have been little to no understanding of the concept of community and, although there was plenty of anarchy there on OT, the people concerned did know each other.

I notice on the page about advertising there's something about so many hundred thousand members.

How many of those are active members?

I just had a quick look at the alexa.com ratings for stratics.com (the site that tracks internet popularity and traffic) - in the last 7 days there has been a 30% drop in traffic, 61% drop in page views and a 17% drop in time spent on the site.

I wonder whether there just might be some connection here...?

Blackie Lawless

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was littered throughout the OT forum. It is something that just does not need to be posted.
Actually, it was not littered throughout the forum. Anything of questionable nature was dealt with by the staff as soon as it was discovered.

There were very very few instances of this "guro" no matter what you want to define it as. Even so, in respect to the gruesomeness you've refered to that was not against the RoC at the time anyway.

We have 3 people (the new mgt) giving 3 different counts of what happened and why...and we have 20+ others giving pretty much the same account, which is completely different from yours (mgmt). The math seems pretty simple.

Blackie Lawless

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Neither do you, neither does anyone really.

Project much?

Other than that, I don't lie unless I really have to, and there was very little reason to lie in OT. Apart from of course manipulating threads and debates.

I am not kissing anyone "rumps", I don't know these guys, nor do I have any inclination to work for them.

Other than that, its convenient that OT is gone so such claims can't be verified, huh? You stand a lot to gain if I am discredited, because I am in the way of your OT crusade here.
LC...you are probably the most lying, conniving, untrustworthy piece of dung to ever post on OT or anywhere else. It wouldn't surprise me (and I don't think I'm alone here) if you had some hand in all of this.

I take great comfort in the fact that you will get exactly what you have coming to you for your transgressions. Karma is a mother****er.

Blackie Lawless

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I find it peculiar that no one has addressed the fact that OT required a registration completely separate from the regular forums, had ample warnings and stickies that were strongly suggested to be read by any and all new comers. How were these innocents to simply "stumble" into OT with all of the safeguards??

I've brought this up several times via PM and attempted posts and have yet to see any response to it.

T

Thorstein

You know, from reading a few of the comments in this thread, some of them very surprising, I had a few thoughts. I thought about commenting by including a quote from Benjamin Franklin, and another from Voltaire, but I decided someone might mistake me for a graduate of Harvard Law School, so I decided to skip it. rolleyes:

What I decided to mention was a question about the utter lawlessness and out of control personal violence of OT. Interesting. Sort of a question as to why anyone who had ever appreciated the benefits of hand sanitizers would ever wade in a cesspool.

I was a member of OT from about the third day, if I recall correctly. The TSO forums had been very emotionally, distressingly, transferred to Stratics when the folks in the EA administration apparently decided a fractious fan community wasn't either profitable business or the cakewalk they anticipated, given the minor beta problems... or not so minor. The joke was, when Brekke posted the notification that those of us with stronger opinions, and other discussion interests than recipes or favorite pop music would be better placed in the OT NHB forum, was jokingly referred to as another cattle car to Dachau. We'd already met Crazy Joe, who came in to our forums as a "gun-totin' cleanup expert" with "three amigos," to fix us up. I kind of think he got more flames than he expected. Funny how that happens, even when you're trying to be nice and reasonable. Look at Afghanistan.

I have no idea what anyone means by OT deteriorating. I don't seem to remember any time when DIAF was not a commonly accepted greeting. I don't really remember any time when the standard rule of discourse was not at least six or seven ad hominem remarks as a challenge to further progress.

I'm a big fan of rationality, myself, but if you want to spread the gospel, perhaps you don't preach in the choir stall. Maybe you'd be better employed at the cathouse on the other side of the track. Maybe the terrain would be more challenging.

There's a few things I would have had differently, naturally. On slow news days the requisite personal attacks for the hell of it were pretty boring, but there were many interesting threads from all sides, albeit not every day. The baptism of fire for all new posters was extreme, and although I was at work and missed the precipitory events, I rather suspect one "Steb" probably got the full treatment. But, as has been mentioned, in every one of those episodes, there was good advice, good humor, and a willingness to welcome, depending on how well the candidate made it through the first 24 hours. Of course, if the candidate has power and not much understanding of the process, the nuclear bomb sort of trumps the local custom, doesn't it. I'm sorry I missed it. I doubt anything I might have said would have made a difference, but, who knows.

OT was the Theatre of the Absurd. It was an exaggeration of the Internet's worst, but it was definitely self-parody. You could insult someone's intelligence day after day, and if you had the right genes, you could log off and log onto WoW and be perfectly comfortable teaming up with them for a dungeon or a pvp event, and cheering. Hard to understand, perhaps.

But, you know, above and beyond the disclaimers, OT was equipped with this clever feature called an Ignore button. Believe it or not, I must have been born with the hide of a Triceratops, because I was never tempted to use it. I guess some people don't get the joke. OT was not real. It was a play. It was sometimes boring, but never incapable of surprising. It was definitely wild and loose, and not for the security conscious. Deciding that the hood was a bad risk for the general peace and well-being of the nice people everywhere...

Maybe I will quote from Benjamin Franklin after all. "Any society that is willing to give up a little liberty to gain a little security, deserves neither, and will lost both."

If I had been a moderator on OT, I would not have changed not one god-damned thing, and yes, LC, you are a sheep, and do not deserve to run with the goats. :lol:
Sr. Lab Rat, that was beautifully stated. Gracias.

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shutting down OT is one of the final steps before shutting down ALL of stratics

Once they realize that 80% of the forum traffic was centered around OT and its posters
Its around 4% of the total traffic of Stratics.

Z

Zin

Nicely said WLB.

With that said however... The argument has been brought up before that Stratics is privately owned. It still is. And they want to go another direction. Do I think it's something that will benefit them in the long run? No... I don't. But it is their site and forum.

Good luck to the new staff, I wish you guys well... I would suggest that you take up Stratics way of dealing with problems however as far as posts goes. Don't ever delete posts. Don't ever edit posts other than your own. Move it to the Evidence locker, and keep it as... Well... Evidence. It makes the moderator accountable to the Admin. It makes Admins accountable to other Admins or their superiors. Of all the people on Stratics... Mods and Admins should not have to or even want to hide anything they do from others of the same type or rank. Nothing should ever be permanently gone.

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What OT crusade? What do you think we hope to gain with a "crusade"?
To get OT back or what else do you hope to accomplish then other than to troll for some sort of an appology from a person you don't like and don't respect.

the value it brought to Stratics.
And apart from a tiny portion of ad revenue, what value did it bring?

Enjoy! And no, OT did not drive away customers. It kept many of us much longer than we should have ever stayed....
Actually yes, it did drive away customers.

You mention them explaining OT to their potential investors. I would absolutely love to see them trying to explain this fiasco to potential investors.

It would be sure to either have some fancy footwork or be delightfully disastrous.
Why would investors care about them shutting down a forum and around a dozen people out of thousands complain? There's more opposition in UHall.

I just had a quick look at the alexa.com ratings for stratics.com (the site that tracks internet popularity and traffic) - in the last 7 days there has been a 30% drop in traffic, 61% drop in page views and a 17% drop in time spent on the site.

I wonder whether there just might be some connection here...?
First of all, the loss is around 4% traffic. The TGN staffers can just log onto google analytics like I do and check the stats. (yeah, I had access all these years, they forgot to remove me)

A

ajdown@jp

And apart from a tiny portion of ad revenue, what value did it bring?
I originally came to Stratics because of EA dumping the Sims Online forums here. Over the years, as I played WoW and Second Life, I participated (and worked on for a while) those forums too. I also participated on OT, although not much for some time as I mostly had other demands on my time.

So, by not being around here much it wasn't just OT, but four (then 3) forums I was active in.

I'm sure I can't be the only one who used OT to some degree, that participated in other forums on the Stratics network.

That's a loss across more than just the OT forum. Lose people from OT, you'll lose them from other forums too.

Half of the forums here are either dead or full of spam with no staff active. Why do you think that is?

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very very few OT posters were active outside OT. (including me) I'll continue posting regardless of OT missing.

Its not a great loss for Stratics to maybe lose a few posters in other forums and its definetly not a value.

In the end, I do miss OT, having PMed with a few OTers I do miss sparring with them and having some fun. But if I am going to leave OT, I'd rather not have OT there to lure me back in. I'd wish things were different, but they aren't. OT had a good run and survived far longer than expected.

Z

Zin

To get OT back or what else do you hope to accomplish then other than to troll for some sort of an appology from a person you don't like and don't respect.
No... Just a show of accountability. I understand that you don't get that. Good news... The TGN people do get it. Still trolling. *sighs*

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You guys are the ones trolling. You have no intention of posting here on Stratics with OT gone anyway, so what does accountability matter?

Nothing.

You're just pee'ing in the bowl to fight that last good fight. (I guess I am too, fighting the last good fight)

Z

Zin

You guys are the ones trolling. You have no intention of posting here on Stratics with OT gone anyway, so what does accountability matter?
Well... What's it matter if a man killed a member of your family is held accountable... It won't bring your family member back. Or... You know... Would you want that wrong to be held accountable by the person or persons who did it?

It's these illogical arguments that tells anyone with half a brain that you are trolling.

You're just pee'ing in the bowl to fight that last good fight. (I guess I am too, fighting the last good fight)
*chuckles* And it'll still end the same as it always does. I think you are going to have a tough time still posting here unless you step up your trolling skills to what they were years ago... These guys don't play around. ;)

T

Thorstein

Nothing.

Contrarian to the end. At least you're consistent.

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... your OT crusade here...

No crusading from me - Jews usually get the pointy end of the stick when crusades start.

However, the fact that AJ has contributed support to OTers in this thread should tell you something about the OT community.
AJ took a battering from us, yet he has taken a stand.

You, on the other hand, despite your daily appearance on the OT forum, have now decided it was an unneccessary, despicable place.
Words such as "spineless" and "hypocrisy" spring to mind.

F

Frapster

Very very few OT posters were active outside OT. (including me) I'll continue posting regardless of OT missing.

Its not a great loss for Stratics to maybe lose a few posters in other forums and its definetly not a value.

In the end, I do miss OT, having PMed with a few OTers I do miss sparring with them and having some fun. But if I am going to leave OT, I'd rather not have OT there to lure me back in. I'd wish things were different, but they aren't. OT had a good run and survived far longer than expected.
lasted a lot longer than #uhallot or whatever it was... no thanks to you.

D

Dani

Accountability. I know that's something you don't really understand. The last thing I care about is getting OT back, because regardless of whether it's reinstated or not, I won't be there.

Z

Zin

AJ took a battering from us, yet he has taken a stand.
AJ... Like Cheezer... Integrity was never in question. They stood up for what they believed in, it just went against what many other posters believed in. I really don't find this surprising.

Say what you want about them... They both have high character.

A

ajdown@jp

Sure, I haven't contributed much to OT (apart from my absence) for a few months - although I did notice several threads trying to get me back - but I'd like to have the choice whether to participate or not.

The n00b admins took that choice away from me, and I don't like that much.

A

ajdown@jp

So if you admit that you didn't post much - if anywhere - on Stratics outside of OT, where else in Stratics are you going to post now that there isn't an OT?

There's some logic there I don't quite follow...

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well... What's it matter if a man killed a member of your family is held accountable... It won't bring your family member back. Or... You know... Would you want that wrong to be held accountable by the person or persons who did it?
That example makes no sense in context. You getting someone to agree with you will help you nothing. Its a divide and conquer strategy you're all collectively using instinctively. Its fairly effective though, so its a nice attempt.

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So if you admit that you didn't post much - if anywhere - on Stratics outside of OT, where else in Stratics are you going to post now that there isn't an OT?
I post in the UO instance and there are other forums besides OT out there.

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AJ... Like Cheezer... Integrity was never in question. They stood up for what they believed in, it just went against what many other posters believed in. I really don't find this surprising.

Say what you want about them... They both have high character.
Oh lol. So once you don't agree with a small group of OT'ers, then you don't have integrity or high character? You guys are so far out there its not even funny.

You're going to start saying that aj and wcheezer has high character? aj you all ridiculed, talked about for lots of time what a disgustingly stupid person most of you thought he was. (both on OT, in voon and privately). Wcheezer was a person who took pleasure in slaughtering of children, got into a hissy fit over OT not bending to him. And now, just because they agree with you, then they become part of your "buddy buddy" group

A

ajdown@jp

I don't expect any of the OT'ers to change their opinion of me overnight, as mine hasn't. However, there is the old saying that "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" and I for one am willing to put aside our differences and say that what happened was wrong, and the attempt at an 'apology' is simply not good enough.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey LC why don't you tell your new gods how you still have access to the back end of Stratics and use it to spy on people, read PMs, etc.?

I'm sure that won't make you seem like a really creepy person that nobody would want to associate with except other sociopaths.

Ultima_Dork

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey LC why don't you tell your new gods how you still have access to the back end of Stratics and use it to spy on people, read PMs, etc.?

I'm sure that won't make you seem like a really creepy person that nobody would want to associate with except other sociopaths.
while your at it, why dont you tell them how you plotted to take down stratics?

V

Vandemar

Damn, with OT gone, LC's need to argue is turning cannibalistic.

P

PsychoBunny

Woah Vandy - how come it says you only have 2 posts???!!!!

And did you get the keys to the new asylum?

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Mushroom mushroom...

Archie

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Folks, we converted labrat! (Don'tcha remember what a prissy white and black critter he was when he first showed up on OT?)

Now he's been down in the sewer, haha.

(Nice posts, willing.)

Blackie Lawless

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's the thing. Staff shall never explicitly bow down to sadistic content and users. We gave chances for behavior to be curved. Thorstein said let themselves deal with it, we for a while obliged. Then we noticed that the MODS were allowing and evening fueling, therefore forgoing any of what we talked about. This situation is a double-edged sword and noone is willing to read and undertstand.

Any more questions feel free to pm me :)
First of all, it's "curbed" not "curved".

No one was asking anyone to bow down to anything. And you did NOT give any chance for anything to be curbed. You, or anyone else NEVER warned about the actions that were about to be taken, nor did you discuss it with Tril, or Dani, or anyone that I can find.

How long did you oblige with what Thor asked?? An hour?

Why is it that you, Steb, and George have all given different reasons for the why/how things went down the way they did? Why do those reasons keep changing?

All of OT (with the exception of a few such as Lord Chaos) has the same opinion (read that as fact) of what went down. This is not vast OT conspiracy, we didn't all sit together huddled in a room with no windows under a naked lightbulb and concoct our "story". It is what it is.

I understand that you're all scrambling around trying to cover your respective asses...but this is ridiculous. It makes you all look like liars.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Steb and matthewjames no longer hold the title "Community Manager," so I assume that they have been reassigned to other projects. Moreover, they had their admin badges downgraded to moderator badges, and now their moderator badges have been further demoted to staff badges.

People who were banned unjustly are having their access restored. Unfortunately, their post counts are still missing due to the absence of OT/NHB...the last few months of which is also missing.

Staff who were divested have been re-staffed. Sadly, many have declined to return to their positions.

I think we are finally seeing some movement in the right direction, though. Thank you, to whoever is responsible for these changes.

[note: cross-posted here: http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=210668.]

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I wondered that, too, Aran and mentioned it here although that post appears to have gone walkies.

Lies are lies even when they are by omission.