• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Begging] Halloween...err...Beg-o-ween

L

Lady Lovely

LOL wow a little touchy? Was just my opinion...Just my thought..
I have a gm tamer and a gm thief...as well as a gm begger...There are just some skills that need a little love and need a little less to get to where they should be...begging and fishing....just too hard to train imo..which again is just my opinion. I followed a post that said "post your opinions" and its what I did. Like it or not, it is a free country. :D

L

Lord Drakelord

Only GM Beggars were supposed to have a 2% chance of getting the small web while trick or treating. Based on your reports, seems like you are getting them as of 80+ skills. I'll have to take a look at the code on Monday.

That said, since this is only for Beggars, do you wish it to be fixed to GMs only or would you prefer it to remain at 80? For those who asked why not as of 50 Begging, it's because I only want to reward people who actually took the time to train the skill. Not those who made a newbie char using the advanced button and started off with 50.

The giant spider web is part of the quest which begins in Yew Courthouse and is limited to one per character that successfully completes the quest. The small webs are only limited by your luck and the amount of time you invest trick or treating.

Sak
Well I have a GM begger, so I know how hard it is to get there, so I say leave it at GM. But as Salty asked could you look at the timer between begs, that could be lower a tad bit, thank you.

M

Mark Knotts

Of course I'd go with 80 because that's around where my beggar is at. :p But I can't complain either way, if it's GM only it's fine by me.

W

Warrior of Time

LOL wow a little touchy? Was just my opinion...Just my thought..
I have a gm tamer and a gm thief...as well as a gm begger...There are just some skills that need a little love and need a little less to get to where they should be...begging and fishing....just too hard to train imo..which again is just my opinion. I followed a post that said "post your opinions" and its what I did. Like it or not, it is a free country. :D
Yup, It's a free country. And if you have a GM beggar you know how it feels to hit that 95 smooth granet wall to climb with only the one gold coin on top. That 5 points is 50 gains. For some it is GG ones or 50 days. Almost 2 months.

Wish you luck on the Tamer and Thief.

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now that they gave EVERYONE who has played more then 6 months the 5 extra points in stats, I really wish I had saved mine for skills. It doesn't seem fair to give everyone the stats now and those that chose them originally didn't get to use them for finishing off horrible to gain skills. I finished my Tamer to 120 by torturously clawing my way through the tedium and over years...

Just the rambling wishes of someone who pines about the fact that she would love to have those 5 points now to finish off her beggar.

I still vote for GM only even though it is really now looking like I have no chance of finishing even though I am working it upwards of 11 hours a day.

Can you get disability for gaming elbow and carpel tunnel from clicking a mouse/key?????

Hunter Moon [HOT] Atlantic

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I said 90 because I know how hard it was for me to gain after that. And getting to the point I was only gaining .1 a day. :gee:

It took me a long time to gm my begger but I am proud I did it. :)

Esmeralda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In general I´m for GM only... but it really is annoying to get the same items as last year.
Is there really no possibility to add one or two other thingies, so the below gm beggars can get something nice and shiny new too?

W

wrekognize

Make it that GM can only get the webs please. It's a reward for those who were prepared. I don't have a GM begger, but I believe they deserve the reward for their hard work.

soze

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now that they gave EVERYONE who has played more then 6 months the 5 extra points in stats, I really wish I had saved mine for skills. It doesn't seem fair to give everyone the stats now and those that chose them originally didn't get to use them for finishing off horrible to gain skills. I finished my Tamer to 120 by torturously clawing my way through the tedium and over years...

Just the rambling wishes of someone who pines about the fact that she would love to have those 5 points now to finish off her beggar.

I still vote for GM only even though it is really now looking like I have no chance of finishing even though I am working it upwards of 11 hours a day.

Can you get disability for gaming elbow and carpel tunnel from clicking a mouse/key?????

wait, wait, wait

When did they change that 5 stat bonus after 6 months

to skills?

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wait, wait, wait

When did they change that 5 stat bonus after 6 months

to skills?
Erm they didn't change the 6 month stat to skills... Original there was a reward for waiting out the hell of AOS and the crashing and reseting of servers 20 to 30 times a day over half of a year. The reward was an AOS item, and then you got to pick either +5 to your stat max or +5 to a skill so you could instantly go from 95 to 100 or say 115 to 120. You had to chose one or the other though and I of course chose all +5 to stats on all of my chars on all of my accounts since there was NO other way to get this bonus.

This was how it was for many many years until they decided to give anyone who played the game for 6 months an automatic +5 to their stats. Now I wish I had saved those choices to use for skills since I wasted them on the stat bonus that everyone gets now and it would have helped greatly on skills such as taming, begging, tailoring....

Just wishful thinking on my part to help the torture of working begging slip my mind for a minute as I imagine clicking that button to take my +5 skill bonus :wall:

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I vote for GM, even though I have only 80 skill myself. There should be some challenges in the game.

S

Strawberry

Now I wish I had saved those choices to use for skills since I wasted them on the stat bonus that everyone gets now and it would have helped greatly on skills such as taming, begging, tailoring....
I felt that way the entire climb from 115 to 120 blacksmithy. On the bright side, once that skill was done, I don't have to think about the skill bonus anymore for that character because I know I would have used it already for blacksmithy.

As for the question at hand, I think the webs should be GM only. And I say that as someone who will be (attended) macroing all week to try to get there. Soze's idea of splitting the difference and setting it at 90 for this year is good too.

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Code is fixed. GM Beggars only will now have a chance at the small webs. It's not yet on TC1 so don't be surprised if you still get them at less than GM for the time being.

Sak

B

Beastmaster

Thanks Sak for showing the fortitude to stick by the original statement and put in the extra work needed to make it so.

Thanks to all the poll voters too!

soze

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Code is fixed. GM Beggars only will now have a chance at the small webs. It's not yet on TC1 so don't be surprised if you still get them at less than GM for the time being.

Sak

Well, i was for spitting the difference at 90, but i totally respect this decision, and ultimately the right one, especially if it was previously mentioned that there was a reward for GM only.

Better get to work!

T

Thiefy/Glorfiedel

Sak
*Builds up a HUGE Pyre*

:flame:

ok only a few days to finish my training!

Sellingahouse

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are you saying that now you will have to be GM begger to get the webs? Why? I dont have a necro, or s.speak. My begger isnt gm. The only thing I was going to be able to get this year was the small webs and maybe the bats. Please cant you change it so everyone has a chance at getting this deco item, and gm just has a better chance?

L

Lord Drakelord

Are you saying that now you will have to be GM begger to get the webs? Why? I dont have a necro, or s.speak. My begger isnt gm. The only thing I was going to be able to get this year was the small webs and maybe the bats. Please cant you change it so everyone has a chance at getting this deco item, and gm just has a better chance?
New Trick or Treating rewards
GM Beggars also have a new reward
http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=446

Because it was stated it would be for GM beggars, and people found on TC they could get the small webs at 80 skill, which is wrong. Now I am glad they not going back on their word here and leave it at GM level, a fitting reward for GM beggars.

soze

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
at 91.7

using the method of using fighters in Jelom, bring to a building, and using the uo (in game) macro that Hunter moon (i think it was) suggested. It's a grind, no doubt about it...but I'm going to do it....damn it!!!

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Woot Woot, work that skill!! I have clawed my way to 95.1 so far and the gains are so slow I might make it in two weeks :)

E

El Phantasmo

I believe GM is the way to go with it. But can you please re-adjust the timer between attempts a bit? PLEASE?

soze

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
96.5 and slowly climbing.....Looks like i wont make it before publish, but should by end of week

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you saying that now you will have to be GM begger to get the webs? Why?
Because this was meant for beggars, a skill that frankly gets very little love considering how time consuming it is to level. I'm in the same boat you are. My own beggar is far (and I mean FAR) from GM so I'll be buying those small webs too.

But it's not because you're not getting these specific webs yourself that you can't be getting any webs. You can get a large web per character and (if you're lucky) multiple medium webs from the Halloween quest. You'll just need to buy the small ones from the beggars.

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because this was meant for beggars, a skill that frankly gets very little love considering how time consuming it is to level. I'm in the same boat you are. My own beggar is far (and I mean FAR) from GM so I'll be buying those small webs too.

But it's not because you're not getting these specific webs yourself that you can't be getting any webs. You can get a large web per character and (if you're lucky) multiple medium webs from the Halloween quest. You'll just need to buy the small ones from the beggars.
WAIT WAIT WAIT!!! Back the horse up... Did I miss something? MEDIUM webs??? I haven't heard anyone at all mention any other webs then the small and large. WHAT Halloween quest????? OMG I am going to die now having to wait to find out the answer. :sad3:

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WAIT WAIT WAIT!!! Back the horse up... Did I miss something? MEDIUM webs??? I haven't heard anyone at all mention any other webs then the small and large. WHAT Halloween quest????? OMG I am going to die now having to wait to find out the answer. :sad3:

Eeek I missed something too. I thought I had done every quest.

Regine please tell us what your talking about. :)

soze

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
98.6....maybe by the end of tonight (which means 1 or 2 am)

F

FasCinated

do u beg for the halloween items or do u have to trick or treat with a beggar?

S

Stucky

You trick or treat to get the items with your beggar.

Current count:
192 candy corn
163 Pixie Sticks
189 Muffins
2 Creepy Cakes
1 Mr. Plains Cookies
1 Harvest Wine full

F

FasCinated

what level begging do u need to get the web? im 87.6 and all im getting is murk milk and punkin poizzas and t tthe new normal candies no webs... can some one let me know what levelng beggin g i need?

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what level begging do u need to get the web? im 87.6 and all im getting is murk milk and punkin poizzas and t tthe new normal candies no webs... can some one let me know what levelng beggin g i need?
You need to be GM to get the small web.

K

Kyrie_Elaison

I agree with the gm ruling, although it would have been nice to allow Master beggars too.

I am at 95.1 and have been begging for the last 3 hours non-stop. All I have gotten are 1 ggs gain and another .1 about 15 minutes ago.

:gee:

This is painful!

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trick or treating on SP with GM begging:

Got around 250 of each of the three common treats plus a harvest wine and three webs. If it was a 2% chance for a web you would have expected quite a few more.

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got around 250 of each of the three common treats plus a harvest wine and three webs. If it was a 2% chance for a web you would have expected quite a few more.
Actually, you're correct. The chance of getting the web is in fact less than 2%. You have a 2% chance of a rare item (which also includes the wine, pizza, etc.) So there are 2 rolls being performed. The first determines whether or not you're getting a special reward. If yes and if you're a GM beggar, the second one determines whether the reward will be the spider web or one of the other rare items.

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, you're correct. The chance of getting the web is in fact less than 2%. You have a 2% chance of a rare item (which also includes the wine, pizza, etc.) So there are 2 rolls being performed. The first determines whether or not you're getting a special reward. If yes and if you're a GM beggar, the second one determines whether the reward will be the spider web or one of the other rare items.
I received a bottle of harvest wine with 65 begging. :)

I had no idea begging would be useful for the halloween event. I started training it a few days ago, just because I'd never had begging. I saw these posts and started running around trick or treating. Now I have 50+ each of the pumpkin muffins, candy corn, and pixie sticks, plus a bottle of harvest wine. I'm hoping for more wine and maybe other stuff. Dunno if those require GM begging, or if just the spider web does.

I'm pretty new (old player from beta thru T2A), recently returned on a new account) and I have no characters that can handle the halloween quest. My only hope is that I can farm enough gold to buy the webs from others.

soze

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
GM BEGGING....YEah Baby!!!

Just hit it after a week straight (started at 79)

Bring on the WEBS!!!

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, fair enough. Still, that is four specials in over 750 attempts (not counting tricks). That is certainly less than 2% and I think is statistically significant and actually closer to 0.2%. The figures posted by Stucky also support this.

PS. This is not a complaint, just an observation.

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm pretty new (old player from beta thru T2A), recently returned on a new account) and I have no characters that can handle the halloween quest.
Honestly, even a mule can do the Halloween chain quest as long as you're a GM runner! The 2 boss monsters you have to fight, you only have to at least do some damage to receive the items you need from them. So even throwing 5 to 10 explo pots bought from an NPC should be sufficient. If your magery is too low (or if you have none), invisibility potions are your friend.

Getting the gossamer to complete the large web might be a bit harder, but you could just farm the really weak spiders that spawn from the cocoons alongside the walls and let everyone else focus on the boss.

Good luck!

To Soze,

Congrats on GMing Begging!

Sak

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After days of crummy gains.. I got 2.8!!! gains yesterday and GMed at about 2:30am and none of my friends or my husband were for me to scream the news at :sad4: I was what someone could call fairly giddy so I immediately went to trick or treat and after about an hour of intensive trick or treating, I GOT A WEB!!! Let me tell you, that little thing was almost like a pat on the back and a well done for a HORRIBLE stretch of intense skill training. Thank you again so much for keeping this GM, it felt like the icing on the cake!

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I trained until I couldn't keep my eyes open last night (about 6 hours), and I got to 89.4 (Which I don't think I would have hit last night if Kyrie hadn't shared her secret spot with me). I plan to do a little trick or treating tonight when I get home, and then train again for a few hours before bed. Thankfully, I have Fridays off of work, so tomorrow I plan to settle down with a book in front of the computer, and see if I can break my macro finger off. Maybe, with a little luck, and a lot of hard work, I'll be able to GM before the end of the event. Not that I want to get web's to sell, I would just like to get one so I can say I earned it myself. Besides, I have to set up a shrine to Kyrie in my house to proudly display my first GM begged item that she helped me get.

S

Stucky

Why don't you add trick or treating to your begging macro? It would kill 2 birds with one stone :p. The dying part is terrible though. I thought I was all smart putting paladins and the sacrifice ankh in my house then I found out you can only res once an hour. DOH.

I

Ivan - MT

The medium web is a rare drop off that nasty spider boss in Khaldun.

X

Xel Naga

Indeed, the percentage of getting a web is .2%. After thousand and thousands of trick or treats and countless piles of exploded corpses it equals out to .2%

I'm at around 5000 of each common beg, 20 or so of each uncommon beg, and around 30 webs which puts it close to a .19% rounded percentage. I was indeed wondering about this when I was looking at my candy collection but was quite happy actually that it's not a base 2% otherwise the place would be flooded with the beggar webs and not be rare at all.

:thumbup1:

Glad to know it was intended and someone didn't just forget a decimal ;D