• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Begging] Halloween...err...Beg-o-ween

B

Beastmaster

Everyone hoping for something special this year? Anyone heard any hints while hanging around the alleyways?

All you GM beggar wannabes need to hurry up and finish your training.

I

Infiniti

Haven't heard a thing about the trick or treat rewards yet. Can't wait until it goes active though...my begger is at 92.3 and trying hard to get her as high as possible before it's published. :D

B

Beastmaster

Hit the Jhelom fighter pit and beg like crazy. Use the money they give you to hire the ones in the building and drag them out to the pits and fire them. Or just target them and let them chase you then invis or hide if you can do either.

S

Salty Pete

Some of the items from last year and spider webs have been found on test.

F

Flora Green

I got Harvest Wine and a small web so far. Unfortunately my production shard beggar is far from GM.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is for sure that you must be gm to get a web? :(

81 and falling fast... seems so. :(

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WEBS!!!???!!! HOLY CRIPES!!! WE FINALLY GET WEBS??? can you post a screen shot :party: :heart: :thumbup:

:p :D :p :D :p :D :p :D :p :D :p :D :p :D :p :D

omg... i have been wishing and hoping and wishing and hoping for webs since 5 years ago... CRAP my begger is only at 86! grumble... *envisions weekend of solid begging training*

:danceb: :danceb: :danceb: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

:cheerleader: :beer: :ten: :eek:snap:

ps - this is about 100 times the amount of emoticons i've ever used total in my past 3 years of posts LMAO

A

Aboo

WEBS!!!???!!! HOLY CRIPES!!! WE FINALLY GET WEBS??? can you post a screen shot :party: :heart: :thumbup:

:p :D :p :D :p :D :p :D :p :D :p :D :p :D :p :D

omg... i have been wishing and hoping and wishing and hoping for webs since 5 years ago... CRAP my begger is only at 86! grumble... *envisions weekend of solid begging training*

:danceb: :danceb: :danceb: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

:cheerleader: :beer: :ten: :eek:snap:

ps - this is about 100 times the amount of emoticons i've ever used total in my past 3 years of posts LMAO
Yes yes, screen shots???? PLEASE!

A

Aboo

I got Harvest Wine and a small web so far. Unfortunately my production shard beggar is far from GM.
I've gotten a creepy cake and 2 harvest wines (looks like prettier colors than last year) but not spider webs. Can you post a screen shot?

Looks like once it hits LS my poor beggar will be dieing a lot to get some webs!

A

Aboo

One more question that I forgot to ask before. Does it matter where you Trick or Treat? I usually do it in the Elf City because there is a healer fairly close there. Do I need to go elsewhere?

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
aboo i'm assuming it's the same as the last 2 years - elf city seems to me to be the best place for halloweening. easy access to healer, you can pop outside to the yew bank to stash your treats if needs be. and lots of other trick or treaters to laugh at you when you get blown up.

just remember you can uninsure your armor (at least that's what i do). i keep my LRC suit on so i can heal myself after rezzing, but i remove the insurance since there's no chance of people stealing my stuff in tram. just remember to re-insure if you're going to venture anywhere else!!! i was losing tons of gold to insurance before i realized i could remove it.

B

Beastmaster

Do you beg to get the special items or just trick or treat on your beggar?

A

Aboo

aboo i'm assuming it's the same as the last 2 years - elf city seems to me to be the best place for halloweening. easy access to healer, you can pop outside to the yew bank to stash your treats if needs be. and lots of other trick or treaters to laugh at you when you get blown up.

just remember you can uninsure your armor (at least that's what i do). i keep my LRC suit on so i can heal myself after rezzing, but i remove the insurance since there's no chance of people stealing my stuff in tram. just remember to re-insure if you're going to venture anywhere else!!! i was losing tons of gold to insurance before i realized i could remove it.
Thank you so much for the advice. I never thought to uninsure my suit so I didn't lose so much when I died, which I will do repeatedly.

F

Flora Green

Here's the screenshot. I only included what is new that I have so far received.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that's so cool Flora thanks for posting!!! do the new "treats" tell you what they are? i'm guessing the cheese shape is candy corn. but what they hay are the other 2 things supposed to be? spider legs and ... erm... who knows. pumpkin bread? awesome spider webs yay! i'm sure we can build big webs using a house deco tool.

F

Flora Green

The web does, but the food has cliloc errors. My guess is candy corn as well for the cheese wedge. I hadn't thought about pumpkin bread. That's a good idea. The other looks like purple bacon and I am clueless as to what it could be. :)

I have to say as much as I hate spiders in real life, I'm very excited to have them in game finally. I can see I'll be powerbegging every chance I get now!

A

Aboo

Here's the screenshot. I only included what is new that I have so far received.

Thanks for posting the screen shot. I finally got one but it goes the other direction of the ones you posted. The tip points towards the left.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone please tell me if it is totally for SURE you must be gm to get a web?

please? When I can I will test one at 50.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the purple bacon will be licorice. They've done a different color of it every year we've had trick or treating. I got those three "treats" and several of the last years goodies along with a web. Only seen one web style so far. Anyone try to turn it with the house tool? I hope its not the only graphic of web you can get for decorating purposes.

Really disappointed they kept last years items as it will make them not as special as the market will be flooded even more. Should have had a small group of new "specials" with the web as a possibility for GM beggers. Would have liked a re-hued cider jug perhaps labeled "apple cider", a gray pizza called "spiderling pizza", white cake "spooky cake", plain cookies "cookies shaped like ghosts", etc Just something different to collect as I really enjoyed trick or treating because the excitement of collecting the different items... if the single web is it, than once I have it there is no incentive to continue plus you end up with a bag of last years "specials" which you really have no chance of selling due to the market being flooded.

I am glad they did -something-... just wish it had been slightly more thought out.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for posting the screen shot. I finally got one but it goes the other direction of the ones you posted. The tip points towards the left.

I'm glad to hear at least the web goes the other way as well. That's at least something positive

A

Aboo

I'm glad to hear at least the web goes the other way as well. That's at least something positive
The webs cannot be turned with the interior decorator tool. I am assuming there is a large web since the one I got said "small web" but since that is the only one I got, I can't say for sure.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Assia i thought one of the things I read re: pub 56 was that the current halloween treats on test (milk, cake, etc.) look the same on test as last year but will be different hues/names when they're actually on the live shards? maybe i am seeing things, but that's what i thought i read this morning...

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Assia i thought one of the things I read re: pub 56 was that the current halloween treats on test (milk, cake, etc.) look the same on test as last year but will be different hues/names when they're actually on the live shards? maybe i am seeing things, but that's what i thought i read this morning...
If that's the case I'll be very happy. I thought it was only in reference to the error string messages. I'll be crossing fingers in hopes that what you read is true. *crosses fingers*

A

Aboo

If that's the case I'll be very happy. I thought it was only in reference to the error string messages. I'll be crossing fingers in hopes that what you read is true. *crosses fingers*
The two creepy cakes and pumpkin pizzas I got looked the same as last year. The Harvest Wine I thought was a much prettier burgundy color this year.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks everyone for your prompt and gracious replies. LOL! I will go away now, ha!

How soon they forget. :(

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So do you need GM begging to get this stuff?
no, you can get the special treats with any level of begging, but the higher your begging the better chance you have of a special treat. however, the rumor is that the new spider webs are only attainable if you have GM begging.

A

Aboo

Someone please tell me if it is totally for SURE you must be gm to get a web?

please? When I can I will test one at 50.
Sorry I could only play at lunch and I spent that time at GM Begging so I could see if I could get a spider web (I did, got one). I will lower it tonight and see if I can still get one at less than GM. However, I played for over an hour last night at GM Begging and never got one and then today got one within my lunch hour. So I am not sure how long it would take to test it.

It would be especially beneficial if someone in the know would actually answer your question for us.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tested 50 begging skill for a few hours. IMHO 50 skill is useless. I got no last years special treat, no RECOLORED last year's special treat, no new special treat(if there actually are any) and no web.

You can get the blaze bread, cheese and bacon with no skill.

O' wells.

F

Fink

I thought the cheese wedges = candy corn, the bread = popcorn balls? And the other, I thought either = rope liquorice or maybe rock candy. (rock candy's more of a british thing though?)

The webs will look terrific in my chamber of horrors.. :spider:

L

Lunaticus

I don't suppose luck makes any difference when trick-or-treating, does it? Got to get me some webs! :spider:

^Wolfie^

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

This is a FUNNY, and simply NOT true. It was stated by the DEV team that when you died as a "trick" that yes your screen showed you losing insurance money..but it did NOT take it from your bank actually. NOBODY lost a single gold coin when they died...

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry I could only play at lunch and I spent that time at GM Begging so I could see if I could get a spider web (I did, got one). I will lower it tonight and see if I can still get one at less than GM. However, I played for over an hour last night at GM Begging and never got one and then today got one within my lunch hour. So I am not sure how long it would take to test it.

It would be especially beneficial if someone in the know would actually answer your question for us.
I am dying to know how this turned out?

Any word on web's below GM? I have slacked off my begging training for a month or so because I stupidly bought The Force Unleashed for Xbox360 and could only manage to put it down on Tuesday, but only then because I got Fable 2.

Any rate, should I forsake sleep this weekend and see if I can grind myself up to GM or what? Anyone got a web at less than GM?

A

Aboo

This is a FUNNY, and simply NOT true. It was stated by the DEV team that when you died as a "trick" that yes your screen showed you losing insurance money..but it did NOT take it from your bank actually. NOBODY lost a single gold coin when they died...
Really???? I didn't know that. So I can wear my insured stuff and not lose gold when I die NUMEROUS times?

A

Aboo

I am dying to know how this turned out?

Any word on web's below GM? I have slacked off my begging training for a month or so because I stupidly bought The Force Unleashed for Xbox360 and could only manage to put it down on Tuesday, but only then because I got Fable 2.

Any rate, should I forsake sleep this weekend and see if I can grind myself up to GM or what? Anyone got a web at less than GM?
I spent 3+ hours last night Trick or Treating. Two hours were spent with GM Begging. I got 1 harvest wine, 3 pumpkin pizzas, 1 creepy cake, 2 milks and only 1 small web. The rest of the time I spent trick or treating at 80 begging. I got 1 pumpkin pizza.

soze

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
set begging to 80 last night and got the small web, so looks like it will work with less than GM beggar

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't heard of anyone getting anything other then the small web in either facing. Anyone else? I was sooooo hoping for a large one for my evil tower decor! *Holds out a small hope for a larger web*

Hunter Moon [HOT] Atlantic

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
set begging to 80 last night and got the small web, so looks like it will work with less than GM beggar
That's encouraging news. If not for this stupid job I could be at home testing/training/playing right now.

Ah well, at least I have tomorrow, Sunday, and Monday off.
I took a vacation day for Monday because it's my birthday. [/shameless-announcement-that-was-only-made-in-hopes-someone-might-buy-me-a-gift :D]

L

Lord Drakelord

I haven't heard of anyone getting anything other then the small web in either facing. Anyone else? I was sooooo hoping for a large one for my evil tower decor! *Holds out a small hope for a larger web*

Hunter Moon [HOT] Atlantic
The large one is a reward for the quest that starts in Yew courthouse. See jasper and read the book, check out the spoiler at uohall

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
erm, ok, no need to get excited, i did not know that and assumed (as anyone would) that i was losing insurance money... thanks for the update.

A

Aboo

If that's the case, then what is the new reward they told us about ("GM Beggars also have a new reward")?

A

Aboo

thats lame they only added 1 rare begging item
We don't know that for sure. They said there would be: "New Trick or Treating rewards - GM Beggars also have a new reward". We found the small web which we thought was the new reward for GM Beggars. But someone posted they got the web with 80 begging. If that's true then there must still be a new reward for GM Beggars on top of the small web being a new begging reward.

I sure wish someone in the know would post for sure on this.