• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Begging] Halloween...err...Beg-o-ween

F

Flora Green

I wish I hadn't been so lazy, I could GM'd my real beggar and be playing more on Test now. As it stands I am in a rush to finish her before Halloween ends.

L

Lord Drakelord

The large one is a reward for the quest that starts in Yew courthouse. See jasper and read the book, check out the spoiler at uohall
*Hugs Drakelord for that tidbit*

Oriana
thank you Mlady! I been stealing all my information here at Stratics and posting it at our Guild forum, PAS.

http://www.peoplesarmyofsonoma.net/viewtopic.php?t=3826

there a picture of the large web there that I "borrow" from Stratics.

here is the link itself

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=107980

D

D'Amavir

We don't know that for sure. They said there would be: "New Trick or Treating rewards - GM Beggars also have a new reward". We found the small web which we thought was the new reward for GM Beggars. But someone posted they got the web with 80 begging. If that's true then there must still be a new reward for GM Beggars on top of the small web being a new begging reward.

I sure wish someone in the know would post for sure on this.
Or a member of the EA team made a statement that was just wrong. Nah, that's never happened. heh. But, I hope it wasn't a mistake and that GM Beggars get something this year. Nothing overpowering or even useable in PVP or PVM. But a cool GM Beggar only deco item would be nice.

A

Aboo

Or a member of the EA team made a statement that was just wrong. Nah, that's never happened. heh. But, I hope it wasn't a mistake and that GM Beggars get something this year. Nothing overpowering or even useable in PVP or PVM. But a cool GM Beggar only deco item would be nice.
I prefer not to think that they misled us, but one never knows, especially since no one who would know has posted one way or the other. :(

I also think some nice deco item would be fantastic!

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been trying to keep an eye on the UHall forums hoping to catch something from a Dev on whether we are getting the same general items from last year with the web being the gm one. Anyone seen anything? Saw the post about someone getting the small web at 80, can anyone else confirm this?

The fact nothing unaccounted for that's halloween/harvest theme was in the cliloc's is not reassuring.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been trying to keep an eye on the UHall forums hoping to catch something from a Dev on whether we are getting the same general items from last year with the web being the gm one. Anyone seen anything? Saw the post about someone getting the small web at 80, can anyone else confirm this?

The fact nothing unaccounted for that's halloween/harvest theme was in the cliloc's is not reassuring.
Yes, I got one on TC the other night at 80 skill. I got 2 fairly quickly with GM skill, and another at 80, but it took much longer to get it.

L

Lord Drakelord

Yes, I got one on TC the other night at 80 skill. I got 2 fairly quickly with GM skill, and another at 80, but it took much longer to get it.
were you begging or trick or treat when you got the web?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've not tried yet, but is anyone doing any actual begging on test, or is everyone trick or treating?

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only GM Beggars were supposed to have a 2% chance of getting the small web while trick or treating. Based on your reports, seems like you are getting them as of 80+ skills. I'll have to take a look at the code on Monday.

That said, since this is only for Beggars, do you wish it to be fixed to GMs only or would you prefer it to remain at 80? For those who asked why not as of 50 Begging, it's because I only want to reward people who actually took the time to train the skill. Not those who made a newbie char using the advanced button and started off with 50.

The giant spider web is part of the quest which begins in Yew Courthouse and is limited to one per character that successfully completes the quest. The small webs are only limited by your luck and the amount of time you invest trick or treating.

Sak

S

Salty Pete

Only GM Beggars were supposed to have a 2% chance of getting the small web while trick or treating. Based on your reports, seems like you are getting them as of 80+ skills. I'll have to take a look at the code on Monday.

That said, since this is only for Beggars, do you wish it to be fixed to GMs only or would you prefer it to remain at 80? For those who asked why not as of 50 Begging, it's because I only want to reward people who actually took the time to train the skill. Not those who made a newbie char using the advanced button and started off with 50.

The giant spider web is part of the quest which begins in Yew Courthouse and is limited to one per character that successfully completes the quest. The small webs are only limited by your luck and the amount of time you invest trick or treating.

Sak
Honestly? I would hope that if you put something in the game for a GM beggar it would be only for a GM beggar.

While you are poking around in the code how about you drop the skill timer by 90% or even better...Completely, please?

D

Dame Judi

There is a huge investment in time (and sore fingers) between a Begging skill of 80 and 100.

While I can see perhaps giving players at 90-95 a chance at getting them, I feel that having any chance at all at 80 is too low especially if your purpose was to reward those who percevered all the way to grandmaster.

And if at 100 we were supposed to only have a 2% chance, what does being able to get them at 80 do to that percentage?

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And if at 100 we were supposed to only have a 2% chance, what does being able to get them at 80 do to that percentage?
The percentage remains the same regardless. So it's really just determining now if non-GMs will receive it or not

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sakarrah! First off, thanks for posting here. *smiles*

Can you -please- answer something for me...pretty, pretty please?

Now I know we have the three new "candies" (pixie sticks, muffins and candy corn) that anyone (non-beggars) can get relatively easy. They are very cool and I thank you and the others for adding them. An' I know we have the small web that was intended for GM Beggars. So here's the question...

What about the set of items from last year? I'm not sure what amount of begging was required to have a chance, but I'm referring to the harvest wine, pumpkin pizza, etc. Are those going to stay the same or will be getting new ones this year? Last time I check TC, I was getting the same ones.

I really, really enjoyed trick or treating because it was the excitement of trying to finish off that set myself or with fellow beggars. If those items stay the same for this Halloween, it will further devalue them... and I don't mean just gold wise, but also effort/meaning wise. Beggars really don't have much year-round to benefit from the hard work and many, many, many hours it takes to GM the skill. We can get some rarer items from Heartwood begging, but honestly the general public could care less about 99% of the heartwood items and its usually only beggar's or an occasional rares collector that puts value in them. Halloween is our one time of the year to really get to have a major benefit to the skill. The basic set of Halloween items last year was awesome as it wasn't just for GM beggars that got love and it really encouraged many to push to GM.

Oh an my opinion... and I have a GM Beggar... as far as the small web skill check thing... If we are keeping the same items (harvest wine, pumpkin pizza, etc) as last year, than it SHOULD be dropped to a check of 80. If those items will be changed to new items than the web should be a GM check. Although I can get the web myself, the love of Beg-o-ween should be extended to ALL who are seriously working on the skill. Halloween shouldn't be something that only GM beggars get to enjoy.

*wanders off to find some caffeine, hoping she made sense*

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only 3 new items available to everyone are indeed the muffins, candy corn and pixie sticks. Everything else remains the same aside from the small web. And I'm afraid it's too late at this point to change them to something else with Halloween right around the corner. :sad4:

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Damn. Well, thank you for letting us know for sure, Sakkarah.

In that case my vote...

... is please allow those beggars who are 80 and above have an equal chance to get the small web. Although I loved the idea of some extra love for GM beggars like me, it is not fair to those beggars training hard. All beggars should be getting something special this Halloween and we as a community should stick together on this. It has taken years for some to GM begging and they don't see anymore love than those of us who are GM.

*curtises*

B

Beastmaster

It should be GM only. While I feel for the folks pushing to reach GM, the fact remains there are those of us that have done it and this is our only time of the year for a single reward for having made it. There are NO other rewards for being a GM beggar. This is GM territory and should remain so otherwise being a GM beggar is nothing but a wasted title.

D

Dame Judi

Assia... while I admire your compassion for those you perceive as " beggars training hard", I strongly suspect the vast number of them only started training hard after it was announced that there would be special Halloween rewards this year for GM beggars.

It has taken all of us about the same amount of time and effort to reach grandmaster. Some of us needed years to do it and others knuckled down and did it straight through but, it took us all the same amount of time of actually using the skill.

I do not believe that by giving players with 80 skill the same rewards this year that GMs are getting will encourage them to keep going on. In fact, I think just the opposite. Why bother to go any higher than you need to?

Personally I am against giving the special webs to less than GM beggars.

soze

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Assia... while I admire your compassion for those you perceive as " beggars training hard", I strongly suspect the vast number of them only started training after it was announced that there would be special Halloween rewards this year for GM beggars.

It has taken all of us about the same amount of time and effort to reach grandmaster. Some of us needed years to do it and others knuckled down and did it straight through but, it took us all the same amount of time of actually using the skill.

Personally I am against giving the special webs to less than GM beggars.
I have to agree with this as well....however, i do think (and this might be contradictoy) there should be a minimum skill required for the web....maybe split the difference and make it 90 for this year, with the understanding that NEXT YEAR this special item will be for GM Beggars only
Hopefully this does a couple of things:
1. It gives people fair warning for next year, so get working now on your begging skills...no excuse.
2. Gives people like myself (yes this is a selfish post) who have been working the skill a chance at the web. Im at 80ish desperately working the skill now.

It takes a long time to get to GM Begging, no doubt about it. ANd there should be something cool for GM beggars, however, i worked the skill during the year with the understanding that improving my skill would improve my chances at getting the rares. Like most people, i try to dedicate time to all my characters improving thier skills, with the limited time I have to play....I didnt have the time to GM begging. If i had known i needed GM to get something this year, i would have dedicated more time to it....simple as that.

Hopefully this helps

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understand where you're coming from Beastmaster. Gm begging was a pain to achieve for me as well and I was -super- excited that we were gonna get something special. However, when it became clear that -all- beggars weren't going to see any love this Halloween, I changed my tune. I guess I feel as a community which is more close (through our pain from working the skill) than most, we should share with those who haven't achieved. Those who power-gamed it or are doing so now for profit will be able to get the web anyways, so really it's not taking away from them, only those who in my eyes are genuine. Anyone could honestly power-game it by the time this publish hits production shards. All beggars got something last year and it makes me sad that its setting a precedent that only the GM will matter for Halloween and people will be forced to grind it to see any love from the skill.

I'd like to see EA implement something the following for the winter holiday. Caroling that works like trick or treating. Basically, EA should be able to use the same coding with only a few code changes. Instead of getting blown up or changed into something else, maybe we get a bucket of water tossed on us or something. For rewards be neat to see mugs of hot chocolate, cookies, candy canes etc for things that everyone can get (like candy for trick or treating), and some special items for beggars 50 or above and a special item for those at GM. Maybe a book of carols, some eggnog in a pitcher, fruitcake, bottle of special brandy with maybe green and red yule logs (opposite facing than the lumberjacked ones) for those who are GM.

I wish I could get a job with EA/Mythic that involved testing, ideas and events *laughs* I'd have such a blast!

soze

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I meant to quote Assia, not Dame Judi, in my prior quote

sorry

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not a GM beggar on my husband's char yet, but I am working hard at it (and yes just as of hearing about the new items). That said, I am hoping I hit GM in time, but if I don't oh well I should have worked the skill up before then and don't think people who did put in the time to GM should be punished for my laxness. I am all for ONLY GM beggars having a chance of getting the webs. Finally something for those who GMed an annoying, and hopefully up to this point, thankless skill. If I don't reach GM in time, then I will just buy my webs from a GM beggar and reward them for their time spent on the skill.

As for beggars not receiving anything. Don't you receive a much higher chance of getting the anniversary items with higher begging. Yes I know they are the same as last year, but that brings me to my next point...

If there isn't time to make new items for this year, why not just change the name to 11th anniversary or change the color??? Those are very quick and easy changes that should take almost nothing to implement and give us new items for the beggars to collect and be rewarded for if they sell them...

Just my take on it :) And so good to see you posting Sak! We miss you here in the trenches ;)

Hunter Moon [HOT] Atlantic

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about and extra 1% chance for 90 and another 1% to 100 skill? Too complicated for such short notice?

soze

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not a GM beggar on my husband's char yet, but I am working hard at it (and yes just as of hearing about the new items). That said, I am hoping I hit GM in time, but if I don't oh well I should have worked the skill up before then and don't think people who did put in the time to GM should be punished for my laxness. I am all for ONLY GM beggars having a chance of getting the webs. Finally something for those who GMed an annoying, and hopefully up to this point, thankless skill. If I don't reach GM in time, then I will just buy my webs from a GM beggar and reward them for their time spent on the skill.

As for beggars not receiving anything. Don't you receive a much higher chance of getting the anniversary items with higher begging. Yes I know they are the same as last year, but that brings me to my next point...

If there isn't time to make new items for this year, why not just change the name to 11th anniversary or change the color??? Those are very quick and easy changes that should take almost nothing to implement and give us new items for the beggars to collect and be rewarded for if they sell them...

Just my take on it :) And so good to see you posting Sak! We miss you here in the trenches ;)

I Agree with having named items...keep the same color if you must, but it should be named as '11th anniversary', or 'Halloween 2008'

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think last year we had the anniversary items (except in the beginning before people started rioting and they put in the harvest wine, pumpkin pizza, etc.). The year before (2006) that was the 9th anniversary items. I't would be better than nothing if at least they changed the title to something else on the 2007 gifts even if it was the same graphic/color or put in the 9th anniversary gifts changed to 11th anniversary, especially since it looks like we may not be given any free 11th anniversary love. At least then folks could get a bottle of wine for the memory of the anniversary. I don't think that's going to happen due to the time constraints with Halloween next week, but it was a good idea, Hunter.

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I vote for the webs to be GM only. I think it's a nice treat for those of us who have worked up the skill.

MedeaDF

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, if you ask me - 80 would be cool... working the skill up from 0 to there is punishment enough :D :love:

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think last year we had the anniversary items (except in the beginning before people started rioting and they put in the harvest wine, pumpkin pizza, etc.). The year before (2006) that was the 9th anniversary items. I't would be better than nothing if at least they changed the title to something else on the 2007 gifts even if it was the same graphic/color or put in the 9th anniversary gifts changed to 11th anniversary, especially since it looks like we may not be given any free 11th anniversary love. At least then folks could get a bottle of wine for the memory of the anniversary. I don't think that's going to happen due to the time constraints with Halloween next week, but it was a good idea, Hunter.
I took those as the 10th anniversary gifts even though they weren't so labeled since they were just name changed/rehued from the year before and had the same difficulty of obtaining as the 9th ones. I just figured they forgot to put the 10th label on them.

Should be easy to just relabel or color either year of them and keep the same rules to get them and there you have it, a reward for working begging and the ability to give the GM beggars something worth their hard work. From how gains are going now, I will most likely be looking for some nice GM beggar to sell me some fine looking webs :bowdown:

D

D'Amavir

votes for GM only :)
Same. GM only would be a nice reward for those that worked it up long ago. Plus its a deco item and in no way damaging to balance. Which is a plus. A big wet plus.

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would love for it to be 80 skill (or even 90) since I'm never going to make GM in time LOL - but I do have to admit that I understand the feelings of the other posters that are GM and want something extra for that. It'd be a bummer but very understandable and (blah, hate to say it) acceptable to be only at GM.

W

Warrior of Time

I know how some have worked to reach GM before Haloween this week. only to GM at the last min.
That time needs to be rewarded. They worked hard to get that last point just to get the gift only a GM beggar will get. Those that worked to GM help give incentive to others next year.

I like for it to be GM only.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am at 84 begging and I really do not mind if it is for gms only. (the web)

What seems so strange to me is that no one on the team thought it would be cheesy to give out last years' treats. Without one change? Whoa...

No one thought finding pumpkins would be fun to repeat but treats were? I just do not get it.

Happy Halloween to all anyways.

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea I miss the pumpkins. They were fun to do and something totally in the spirit of the holiday. I even had a lot of my fellow pvp only guildies asking if they were going to be doing it again this year. I guess it just hits a cord from childhood in all of us :)

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I Agree with having named items...keep the same color if you must, but it should be named as '11th anniversary', or 'Halloween 2008'
Yes could you please do this. If I remember right they changed them last year on short notice. It doesn't have to be new items just renamed or recolored or both would be nice. :D

Oh and I think you should be at least 90 to get the webs. I have a gm begger and worked really hard to get it. With the timer it takes forever. But I wouldn't mind if someone at 90 got them too.

W

Warrior of Time

I think after reading "Power Training Begging and "Is begging worth it". Along with the fact that this is a once a year even. It should be GM only.

The last 2.0 is the hardest part.

Also those that work on begging as a skill along with Trick or Treating can add to what they have. Seems most are willing to spend the time Trick or Treating but not willing to Power Train like some did to get ready for Halloween.

It is true that Halloween is for beggars. It also is true that the ones that become GM at it works more than just part of the year. Some took Years othere Weeks but they all worked hard to reach the goal of GM.

GM begging is as good as you can get, and the reward should too.

X

Xel Naga

Sak
I would vote for ONLY GM Beggars to have a chance at the web. It literally takes months of casual gameplay to go from 80-100 Begging skill and for an implementation which was meant to solely reward the beggars who put in the pain staking time leveling the skill up to GM, should not be changed simply on a coding error. To allow anyone less than GM begging to achieve the maximum prize of the web for GM beggars would be a slap in the face to everyone who bothered to finish the trek to 100 instead of settling for less or giving up along the way.

I strongly hope that it will be possible to fix this and GM beggars everywhere won't once again feel cheated in the fact that we were finally getting a glimmer of hope for being recognized for their efforts only to have it turned into a mass prize for anyone at 80% which is probably more like halfway to GM considering the exponentially longer time from 90+

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it should be GM only because otherwise I am going to have a beggar at 80 on a new character. It is not that hard with alacrity scrolls. Which I think is a shame because I am not really a beggar and I don't deserve it.

People who have been begging forever should have a shot. 80 is too low! I vote for GM. But you bet I will have a gm beggar next year :)

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I'm at 89.1 started the toon a few months ago and didn't know what to put on him..about a 2 weeks ago started begging got to 30 and layed off it for a week. Past 4 days I've got to where I am now without alacrity scrolls. So hopefully I'll be GM by the time the switch is flipped......

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
GM only - What is the point of taking the time and trouble to get to GM if 80 will do. Also that is the info given out so it should be adhered too not changed cos someone couldnt get the code right

B

BartofCats

GM only - What is the point of taking the time and trouble to get to GM if 80 will do. Also that is the info given out so it should be adhered too not changed cos someone couldnt get the code right
I agree with this... and its not that they couldn't get the code right... they just didn't. Sorry devs.

It was stated it is for GM beggars... GM beggars it should remain. Not 80.

Alas, it wont be corrected in the code, its just easier to change the patch notes. But be warned devs, a GM beggar does need some love and the 8 second timer is a pain in the as.......

N

NewThunder

Sak

I think it depends on the compexity of fixing it, I would put this very low on the items that need to be fixed.

W

Warrior of Time

Alas, it wont be corrected in the code, its just easier to change the patch notes. But be warned devs, a GM beggar does need some love and the 8 second timer is a pain in the as.......

Are you saying that it will not be GM only?

How many people out there are happy to get their first turnip, or saki from begging?
How many would pay anymore for saki from begging than one from stealing.
How many think I am not for people being a GM beggar by the groves after reading my first posts on begging.
How many beggrs worked for years only now to only GM.
How many think it is right that the first thing worth having that a beggar gets after all these years can be had for less than GM.

Ok, I am sorry. It is ok for them to be less than GM.
But how many tamers would not mind a person that is 80 to have one of the new dragons when you could not even have a reg one at 80.

How many thieves think it is ok to have only 80 to steal in Doom, Dojo, and the Mines.

Then we only get a timer change. We are already GM. We may never get anything like this again. As it is there is the large one that can be gotten by everyone.

If they had just become a GM the min before it started it would be right. Why can't the ones that are not GM wait till next year.

Look at the number of people looking at this thread compaired to all the others for the beggars.

soze

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Are you saying that it will not be GM only?

How many people out there are happy to get their first turnip, or saki from begging?
How many would pay anymore for saki from begging than one from stealing.
How many think I am not for people being a GM beggar by the groves after reading my first posts on begging.
How many beggrs worked for years only now to only GM.
How many think it is right that the first thing worth having that a beggar gets after all these years can be had for less than GM.

Ok, I am sorry. It is ok for them to be less than GM.
But how many tamers would not mind a person that is 80 to have one of the new dragons when you could not even have a reg one at 80.

How many thieves think it is ok to have only 80 to steal in Doom, Dojo, and the Mines.

Then we only get a timer change. We are already GM. We may never get anything like this again. As it is there is the large one that can be gotten by everyone.

If they had just become a GM the min before it started it would be right. Why can't the ones that are not GM wait till next year.

Look at the number of people looking at this thread compaired to all the others for the beggars.

I agree with a lot this post, even though i'm for one to have it at 90. Also, one thing to keep in mind here...With taming and stealing, you can have rings/brac to get you higher
there is nothing for begging
i think what all this tells us is that there needs to be an incentive for beggars that is not just once a year

L

Lady Lovely

I feel they should leave the spider webs at 80...I can understand your thoughts on tamers of 80 having a greater or thief's at 80 being able to steal almost everything but keep in mind we also have jewls for those skills and beggers do not. Training begging is a very hard thing to do.

X

Xel Naga

I feel they should leave the spider webs at 80...I can understand your thoughts on tamers of 80 having a greater or thief's at 80 being able to steal almost everything but keep in mind we also have jewls for those skills and beggers do not. Training begging is a very hard thing to do.
And should be rewarded and recognized for the hard work, not classified and treated the same as someone who didn't spend the time and effort working it. Doing so would be rewarding people for not working hard, not exactly how the world should work. I certainly wouldn't want my kids growing up thinking they don't need to try their hardest and finish what they start because someone will probably give them a break anyway.

Try your hardest, be the best, reap the rewards. That is how the world works. Those who don't want to work hard end up with things and lives they won't be content with. Those who work the hardest and persevere end up on the top with the nicest things and success.

W

Warrior of Time

Lady Lovly

A doom thief needs about 115 to steal and succede in doom. Also players will drop you like an old hat if you steal from them and fail. Less than that and you stand there all day till one of two things happen.
1. Someone else takes it first.
2. A your killed.

A tamer can't use rings to get a dragon to bond at 80. I don't think it will trust you at all.

I hope that your able to reach GM by next year. I know that all the other beggars will congratulate you because we know how hard it is. Many don't use a beggar during the year. That is one reason it takes some so long to GM. [The beggar for the most part is not used every day]

I have a thief and 3 tamers. One has all 120 skill, another 115. last is only in the 80s.

The char I take the most pride in is my beggar. It is harder than any of the other two.

Hope to see you next year as a GM. It is a long dry and dusty road and I hope it is easier for you by that timer being removed.