• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gumshoe quest pictures

James Krieg

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
detect hidden on the book cases itself .. found our book on the far right side book.png

Last edited:

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
target detect hidden on the bookshelf itself, not the inside. It can be any shelf near where you get the message.

CrazyUserName

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
target detect hidden on the bookshelf itself, not the inside. It can be any shelf near where you get the message.
Is it randomized and you have to be lucky enough to select the right shelf when you get the message? I have detect hidden searched all of the shelves in the room I receive the message in...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A big thanks to those that helped. I don't usually like spoilers but sheesh my head was splitting. I only have the last part left now but ....tomorrow! o.0

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Is it randomized and you have to be lucky enough to select the right shelf when you get the message? I have detect hidden searched all of the shelves in the room I receive the message in...

I don't think its randomized, but I think the closer you are to the shelf, the higher chance. The one I finally got it off of I had previously detected and got nada. Everyone in my Discord at the time got it at the same shelf though.

CrazyUserName

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Finally found it - thanks for the tips

Passed on my location to a few peeps while I was at it

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, got past all 4 trapdoors, got the clues, turned them in, went to the next place, talked to the cryptographer, and now no idea what. Hints?
So where is the cryptographer at that we need to talk to

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Trap door in moonglow anyone? The only thing I am having issues with atm...will write a complete guide when I'm done

Merth

Journeyman
All my trapdoors just say floor and glow yellow. I was able to do Brit but cant get trapdoor to appear on rest. We’ll see when server comes back up if it resets

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
THE HIDDEN BOOK IS ANNOYING! I am going to get carpal tunnel :/

For those who have found it on different shards..is it in the same place? I get the message in 2 different areas of the Lyceum and have been at it for 20 minutes and have found nothing..is that normal?

Eon Blue Apocalypse

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
The book part is annoying as well. I've walked into two different rooms and got the same message that the books have been disturbed. I did detect hidden at the location the dudes pic indicates...nothing, another guy came in when I was in there and said he found his book at the upper left bookshelf in the same room.

This is driving me insane.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
"the books have been disturbed"

Has no relevance to where you will find the book. (I think) :p
Oh that just makes it even less fun....I'm not getting the message at all now :9

Merth

Journeyman
I think it rotates from room to room. Whichever room gives the message is where it currently is. Found mine three shelves right of cryptographer. Basically the room is on a timer so you got to get lucky

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The hidden book is random I found it in 3 different spots so far

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well I think I broke it because I am not getting the message at all now and I am not going to search every bookcase in the place...:(

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Try a different room on the other side

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Probably a dumb question but now that quest is complete what was the point?
The point is that only a detective of the RBG can get into the area near Khaldun...that's the story anyway.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Probably a dumb question but now that quest is complete what was the point?
I still haven’t completed it yet I still need to go find a sage. I quit for the night it got to boring lol

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have searched every bookshelf 3 times in the room I get the message and have found nothing....why???? LOL soo annoying!

Miss Twilight Eyes

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did something change? The first time I attempted to do this quest, I found the "floor" pieces... now when I walk near it says that I detect something hidden in the area... then when I detect hidden on them, they just look like broken floor pieces. Nothing happens when attacked, casted on, d-clicked, dragged, detect hidden again, forensics...

and then of course right after I hit enter, forensics finally worked and I found the trap door. argh.

My other character is stuck trying to find the book. I've gotten the message twice but can't find a thing with detect hidden.

Ok, so now I've found the book with both characters. Whew.

Have my scrappers made and no one else is in the dungeon so ... bed.

Last edited:

Eon Blue Apocalypse

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I finally got the book piece. I clicked on the animation of the bookshelf I clicked on the actual books themselves instead of the top of the shelves. it was so annoying, luckily the last part is easy. Worst quest ever lol.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
No Finley you get a key that anyone can use, or you just teleport into the area.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is where the players that are doing it on LS are stuck. Some have spent MANY hours. I hope this remains optional.
I did this quest with guild mates for a total of 8 runs. We found that gargoyles cannot complete the Prentice part of the quest. I posted on the official forum so hopefully they read it tomorrow morning.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Well thanks Dev team, some of us spent HOURS trying to work out answers with letters and numbers in, now it seems there never were any numbers, great job, as usual....*throws her notes away in disgust*

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That hidden book is just annoying. You get the reminder message no matter how far or near you are. It just shows up every time, so you just have to try all bookcases in the room. The targeting seems to be tricky. And the book location changes every 15 minutes or so, and with the skill delay, I just wasted an hour there and finally somehow I got it. You will get the auto message every time you approach the right area. If not, that means the location changed.

Going forward as a standard design rule, DEVs should remove the specific skill delay at the quest area.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
There are no spoilers here, just the facts ladies and gents.

Brit - Boreas
Yew: tenebrea
glow: carthax
Vesper: moriens

How did they do it? Caesar Cipher - Shift Cipher - Decoder, Encoder, Solver, Translator.

Skills needed for this (ZERO) Inscription, Forensic Evaluation, Detecting Hidden, Spirit Speak.

Special thanks to Dara and so many others for leading the way. I salute you all

Now What to do and how to to do it, seek your town cryer, the one in the Brit Common area is the best for this mission!

Once you have taken the quest seek out Jasper over in East Brit area, right across from the banking area there. Office hours are 24/7.

Now he is going to send you to the Brit GY. There you will see the grave digger, a wealth of information this boy is. Be sure to use Forensic on the (and all others GYs as well) damaged headstone

Be sure to have your skills ready thru out the quest. Follow the blooded footprints to the first building near the first damaged headstone. Inside your keen senses will detect something, use detected hidden to locate that, then use your forensic skill to found the trap doors, (again do this at all locations).

Now once thru the trap door you are going to be in a small cavern, look for a mysterious book, and once more use those skills, here its inscription, do this at all four locations. Return to Jasper, where he will tell you to go to Moonglow, seek out Prentice the Cryptolgist, a really down to earth gent he be. Not only will you feel like you back in school again you have to seek the book from the vast library they have here to help with your mission.

Again detect hidden will be your friend once your keen senses kick in at a location. The book will move, I blame all of his students there playing tricks on us. So be prepared to search (walk up and down) every building rows and rows of books. Once found return to the Cryptolgist. Then return to Jasper. Now here it gets muddy somehow after seeing Jasper we were sent to Papau to speak to a Ghost! Once more your skills will be needed.

Are you with me so far? Or are you as lost as I was during this entire event. Follow the clues, seek the trap doors use the code words at all the GY, copy the books seek Jasper multi times, travel to Moonglow Library, talk to a ghost, get a reward title from jasper and a necklace (badge) to get to the secret camp in the lost lands, buy the tools you need and chop trees, fish, and mine that ore, Good luck, I am sure I will see many of you running around in the lost lands and later inside the Dungeon next month.

Boreas.jpg Found the book.jpg Grave Digger Brit GY.jpg Jasper.jpg mysterious book.jpg Prentice the Cryptolgist.jpg recover text return to Jasper.jpg recover text.jpg skills used.jpg step one.jpg tenebrea.jpg The end.jpg The Prophecy.jpg The Prophecy1.jpg the quest.jpg Yew GY.jpg

Last edited:

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
And has to wear the stupid necklace, what a dumb idea.
oh well at least you can transfer it to your crafter in the camp, you just need it to get past the guards, it be like fishing it out of a pocket to say "Police" and flash a badge.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you to all that assisted those of us without the capacity..I'm curious, is this RDB badge blessed on production, because it's of course NOT on Siege.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, it is blessed on production.

View attachment 87210
That's just awesome..I'm sort of sick of this Risk vs Reward garbage on Siege..the tiniest smallest most insignificant of things can't be blessed here..You can't even keep your Dawns Music box on you, you have to keep it locked down at home..all of this so people can come over and then complain because everyone has all their crap locked down at home, because we're all supposed to walk around with unprotected stuff in our packs so it can be stolen, or dry looted by some asshat, because it's ....oooohhhh the hard shard. Yeah I know, I can Siege bless the badge...whooopie...

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I think it might have gone better if we had to search for clues and help in-game instead of going to some third party site to get the answers. A lot of us had already run all over various cities, putting some clues there would have been great and not left so many people feeling like idiots! :oops:

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SS_ 488.png

Not sure what he meant by "apparent"....BUT, out of curosity, while I was doing this quest for other chars....I thought...hey, this is "UO", things can be tricky. So, I gave my RBG amulet to other unquested char...and wala...this unquested char was allowed to enter. Working as intended, I suppose. All that elements of surprise, only to find that you can easily bypass the entire quest.