• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Got the designers attention to Siege silver prices. Lets do this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Førsaken

You know... It is comments like these that get threads locked.
Oh, guess Kat was not in the wrong for calling others tools...rolleyes: You're such a pro Mod, I swear. The bestest! :lol:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*laughs* I just flagged the last foul. Like in a football game.

My record stands on it's own. What you see as bias, is what you choose to see. None of you are above the RoC.

Get this thread back on topic or it is done.

V

Vaelix

Has bored to death ever actually happened? I feel like I'm getting pretty close.

I love how the same tools muck up every thread that tries to promote exactly what they want from the devs! Some of you are your own worst enemy. :stretcher:

My record stands on it's own. What you see as bias, is what you choose to see. None of you are above the RoC.

:offtopic: = You

So yeah, lower the prices, people who have quit because it takes to long to requip log back in, People join factions, PvP.

F

Førsaken

My record stands on it's own. What you see as bias, is what you choose to see.
None of you are above the RoC.

Has bored to death ever actually happened? I feel like I'm getting pretty close.

I love how the same tools muck up every thread that tries to promote exactly what they want from the devs! Some of you are your own worst enemy. :stretcher:
Stfu already.

M

MoonglowMerchant

:offtopic: = You

So yeah, lower the prices, people who have quit because it takes to long to requip log back in, People join factions, PvP.
That won't happen.

This is the fundamental thing you guys don't understand.

This is not a production shard. People don't play here for the same reasons they play there.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Why are you preaching to the choir? Dev's rarely read shard forums.

V

Vaelix

That won't happen.

This is the fundamental thing you guys don't understand.

This is not a production shard. People don't play here for the same reasons they play there.
This game is tailored to production shards, and Siege by association.

This is not A classic shard, we cannot go backwards to make progress, there is change comming, hopefully you people will realize that this talk of Lower Prices, is getting some of the people that have quit, interested in the Shard again.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
And the players that quit PvPing due to these changes? The players that quit because they could not compete with faction PKers? What of them?

What is your vision for Siege? A pure PvP shard? some kind of post apocalyptic Mad Max kind of shard? Tell me.

V

Vaelix

And the players that quit PvPing due to these changes? The players that quit because they could not compete with faction PKers? What of them?

What is your vision for Siege? A pure PvP shard? some kind of post apocalyptic Mad Max kind of shard? Tell me.
I'd love a Pure PvP shard, but heres my question to you..

" The players that quit because they could not compete with faction PKers? "

So obviously they're not PvPers, because you are using PKer reference, so they are most likely a PvM template, Farming in some PvM location..

Where on my Faction gear is the 100% Hit Spell instant death?

Edit : It seems like most of you are using the Argument " Well My PvM Template, PvM Suit guy cannot defend himself against a Fully Suited Fully PvP Template Faction player "

Well no ****, Put me in Cursed Arties and this would still apply, Put me in GM Armor with 65% DCI and this would still apply, Against a Dexxer, put me in a Suit with 70 Phys and DCI, and this would still apply, its not the gear, its the worthlessness of the player..

Freja fought me that morning if you remember, She was on a PvM Pure Archer Template, with 100 Luck Mod on Every piece of her Gear, 20% DCI, 20% HcI, well no Duh she died.

She did not have Max Anything, Was not Corpseskin Proof, did not have apples, did not use potions, she even stopped and let me cast flamestrike because she was waiting for a Bandaid to go off.

Its not the Gear!

V

Vaelix

PvPers are Suited and template based for PvP

PvMers are Suited and Template based for PvM

The only way to survive against a PvP Suited/Temp Character when on a PvM character, is RUN, I Specialize my Mods on my Armor to Fight YOU, you specialize the mods on your Armor to Fight Monsters.

PvM and PvP are Vastly Different.

The Suits are Different, The Templates are different, The Combos are different.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*waits for you to be through editing*

I hope you are not editing for clarity... You still make no sense after.

V

Vaelix

Heres an Example, I got Killed on Astys Sampire a Few days ago by a person in Factions.

I was wearing a Badass Faction suit on the character, However, i was template based for PVM, Therefore, i couldnt compete.

Did i blame the guys Suit? No, I died because i was not prepared for PvP, i was prepared for PvM.

Faction PvP Suit/Template vs Faction PvM Suit/Template and the same rules apply.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I'd love a Pure PvP shard, but heres my question to you..

" The players that quit because they could not compete with faction PKers? "

So obviously they're not PvPers, because you are using PKer reference, so they are most likely a PvM template, Farming in some PvM location..
??? What?

V

Vaelix

??? What?
Sigh...

A PKer is a Person who Preys on Defenseless players, someone who only looks to Kill people without them being able to Put up a fight.

A PvPer is someone who Wants a fight, When i go out, if i see a player who I can kill instantly, I will leave them alone, casting 1 Flamestrike on someone is boring, However, if i see someone who will fight me back, and give me a good 5 Minute Fight, I'm all for it..

PKers are interested in the Kill.

PvPers are interested in the Fight that got them there.

We.. are PvPers.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Did they really quit because of these changes or did they quit because the legacy stuff on this shard is still broken?

We all wish things were better. One step at a time.

Remember when we were offered a 2nd character slot with SA? People who don't get the ins and outs of this game would do good by listening to those who do.

V

Vaelix

Btw, i want a shard where people can Log in, and PvP if they want to, Where it doesnt take 6 Hours of Pure Farming to be able to make a Suit.

Where there are actually more than 1 Fight a night, because the price of faction armor, in Both Silver or Gold, is too high.

A Shard, where if someone dies, they can re-suit in a competitive suit quickly, and be back out on the field.

A Shard where you dont have to be completely loaded in gold to be able to pvp, because any newbie on any template can farm silver. So new players can suit up with Arties that are on the Same level as the Elites.

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Btw, i want a shard where people can Log in, and PvP if they want to, Where it doesnt take 6 Hours of Pure Farming to be able to make a Suit.

Where there are actually more than 1 Fight a night, because the price of faction armor, in Both Silver or Gold, is too high.

A Shard, where if someone dies, they can re-suit in a competitive suit quickly, and be back out on the field

A Shard where you dont have to be completely loaded in gold to be able to pvp, because any newbie on any template can farm silver. So new players can suit up with Arties that are on the Same level as the Elites.
They don't seem to understand that we're trying to create a more even playing field.
People quit because of how much time it took to replace the items, not because the items are on siege.

R

V

Vaelix

They don't seem to understand that we're trying to create a more even playing field.
People quit because of how much time it took to replace the items, not because the items are on siege.

R
They will say " But we dont want to be in Factions! "

Fine, don't be in factions, But dont pancake about armor either, because YOU choose not to be in factions, therefore YOU choose not to have access to it.

F

Førsaken

Yeap. Different day, same ole' ****. Lets face it, Kelmo is pretty worthless in this discussion. He can't even mod properly, let alone read thoroughly.

F

Førsaken

Can we not turn this into a 'lets bash Kelmo' thread please?
lol!

Thanks tool.
You know... It is comments like these that get threads locked.

My record stands on it's own. What you see as bias, is what you choose to see.
None of you are above the RoC.

Stfu already.
You were saying? BR was mocking Kat, what's Kat's excuse? What's Kelmo's excuse for overlooking that? Enlighten us.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not really very good at mind reading, but I'll do my best.
Draxous' comment targeted a specific individual, thereby making it a 'personal attack'. Kat's was a general observation, no named, individual target. This means it's not a 'personal attack', although it is clearly still a 'troll'. However, if you take all the 'troll' posts out of Siege there's not much left - so it comes down to a judgement call.
Unfortunately judgement calls can be influenced by time of day, the mood of the mod etc and can sometimes be inconsistent, despite best intentions. Until we find suitable robots to do the job, I'll stick with imperfect humans, since that's all I am myself.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not really very good at mind reading, but I'll do my best.
Draxous' comment targeted a specific individual, thereby making it a 'personal attack'. Kat's was a general observation, no named, individual target. This means it's not a 'personal attack', although it is clearly still a 'troll'. However, if you take all the 'troll' posts out of Siege there's not much left - so it comes down to a judgement call.
Unfortunately judgement calls can be influenced by time of day, the mood of the mod etc and can sometimes be inconsistent, despite best intentions. Until we find suitable robots to do the job, I'll stick with imperfect humans, since that's all I am myself.
Kats post targeted certain individuals. According to this rationale that's a personal attack against each of the individuals she was targeting. Do infractions stack?

What she said wasn't true (yet what I said was) so if you want to take it one step further, the only reason for her post was to instigate a reaction. Mine, however was to expose the truth.

No malice. No attack. Simply the truth.

The saddest part about all of this is that lying or misconstruing the truth for a personal gain is somehow socially acceptable here. Being honest and blunt is tightly regulated.

Anyway.

YES to lowering faction prices. It will improve factions on Siege and that IMO is the only thing that matters.

EDIT:

I want to say that even though this may not address what's concerning some of you. While we have the chance, maybe addressing this one thing so we can mark it off the list is the best thing to do. We all know that faction prices have been an issue. We then as a community can get together and push for what's concerning the rest of you.

Thanks

M

MerchantAtHome

R
I quit because the items are on Siege. Making them easier to get won't bring me back. Who are these people who will suddenly join factions when the arties cost less?

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

A Shard, where if someone dies, they can re-suit in a competitive suit quickly, and be back out on the field.

We have that very thing, its called a prodo shard with insurance.

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I quit because the items are on Siege. Making them easier to get won't bring me back. Who are these people who will suddenly join factions when the arties cost less?
A lot of people would join i'm sure... And you haven't quit... you just saved your glow house like last month but nice attempt... Had you truly quit you wouldn't have even worried about it...

Faction items are here to stay people... We're the Vet shard not a "classic shard"....

The game is tailored around production shard because that's is where EA makes most of their money from....

Siege is not on there "To Do List" learn to accept that and enjoy the game for what it is...

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Siege is not on there "To Do List" learn to accept that and enjoy the game for what it is...
I could say the same thing about an attempt to lower faction silver prices. If we don't at least try to make changes, nothing will ever happen.

I may not agree with the proposed change, but I salute the OP for trying to make a change.

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I could say the same thing about an attempt to lower faction silver prices. If we don't at least try to make changes, nothing will ever happen.

I may not agree with the proposed change, but I salute the OP for trying to make a change.
Removal of these items would only hurt you guys not help you...

I would drop a few 100 bucks down and buy up all the cursed arties I could get my hands on and be fine... The rest of you guys would just be running GM armor.

So good luck to you on removing the items... :thumbup1:

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Removal of these items would only hurt you guys not help you...

I would drop a few 100 bucks down and buy up all the cursed arties I could get my hands on and be fine... The rest of you guys would just be running GM armor.

So good luck to you on removing the items... :thumbup1:
I always run in GM armor (well, imbued stuff now) and the cursed arties will someday run out. But yeah, I doubt they will remove faction arties just like I doubt they will lower silver costs.

But hey, ya'll think it will work, more power to you. I do all my pvp on another shard now - one that is not item based. I'm just doing pvm here.

If the faction arties were to go away, I would re-open my pvp accounts.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You cannot say the same thing because you're talking to the wrong guy. You don't see Kage or I crying about faction buy backs. This change (like the suggested boost to non-faction loot) is to make the game more fun and less work for the competition. This is for those who'd like to participate, but don't have fun doing so because they can't properly. The ones who benefit the most from this change are not Kage, but the people he would be fighting against. So I'm really really confused why people keep trying to imply negative things about motives. It just doesn't make sense and you have to be a pretty pathetic despot to pull this kinda ****.

And what exactly don't you agree with? I no longer can tell from your posts. The change itself or the fact that it's not a priority for you enough to be dealt with now when other more important things need to be dealt with instead?

I just don't get some of you people. /smh

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the faction arties were to go away, I would re-open my pvp accounts.
UO PvP has always been item based. Vanquishing? Indestructable of Invulnerable? None of that rings a bell? The difference is that the game was more basic and not as complex.

There are more skills today. There are more item properties. There are more options, avenues and tactics in PvP and PvM.

Faction arties are not going to be removed from this shard, just like gardening and bulk order deeds aren't.

If you're looking for EA/Mythic to give you a classic shard so you can piddle around in the stone age... jump on the bandwagon (there's tons of us who want this too) but please give up your quest for keeping Siege in the stone age. This whole thing is exactly why this shard is broken... the game has gone in a direction and is tailored to it. Maybe it's time to stop holding it back from working like it's supposed to...

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO PvP has always been item based. Vanquishing? Indestructable of Invulnerable? None of that rings a bell? The difference is that the game was more basic and not as complex.

There are more skills today. There are more item properties. There are more options, avenues and tactics in PvP and PvM.

Faction arties are not going to be removed from this shard, just like gardening and bulk order deeds aren't.

If you're looking for EA/Mythic to give you a classic shard so you can piddle around in the stone age... jump on the bandwagon (there's tons of us who want this too) but please give up your quest for keeping Siege in the stone age. This whole thing is exactly why this shard is broken... the game has gone in a direction and is tailored to it. Maybe it's time to stop holding it back from working like it's supposed to...
Yes, vanq weapons ring a bell. Do you remember that they were not hard to get and ANYONE could get them?

I don't want Siege in the stone age, its why I'm still here, I like the variety in the skills and templates and such. All I want is a more level playing field.

And yes, I realize that replying to you and Kage is futile as you agree with me on cursed arties. My replies are meant to be general and not directed at a single person.

My arguement is very simple. I am not against lowering silver prices IF they either bump the drop rate in Doom or if they bring back cursed arty drops. HOWEVER, I will not support one without the other. I'm not sure why you can't figure out what I'm argueing, I think I've been pretty clear.

Give us back cursed arties, and I support silver reduction.

Without cursed arties for non-faction, I will not support a change that only benefits faction people. Period.

I can't state it any more simple then that.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yes, vanq weapons ring a bell. Do you remember that they were not hard to get and ANYONE could get them?

I don't want Siege in the stone age, its why I'm still here, I like the variety in the skills and templates and such. All I want is a more level playing field.
Vanqs were not easy to get. In fact, there was actually very very few spawns that you could semi-reliably farm them. One of the spawns would be the tenticles in Khaldun.

The only time vanqs started to become any where reasonable to obtain was after Trammel had been out long enough that enough players were able to farm them in safety.

Let me break down exactly how freaking item dependent this game was "back then"

My character BlacK RaiN (dexer) rolled around in the following gear.

Full plate suit of indestructable of invuln with indestruct of invuln chain legs underneath.

Vanq Spear and Kryss (both DP'd)

Over 500 charges of magic reflect... and enough in my bank house for 2000+ more

This is when 1 charge of magic reflect = 1 spell being reflected.

I would fight LITERALLY, 10 to 20 people at 1 time. Max armor (70AR with shield) and max damage output (Vanquishing) along with max hit chance (Hit chance used to be called supremely accurrate, etc. etc.) deadly poison (max poison)

People would cry no fair. No skill. No nadda. The suit I was using was worth thousands of GP which in todays world would translate into millions.

The reason you most likely look back in fondness is that the people you hung around and fought against were at your level. You did not fight at the top tier nor did you fight against the top tier often enough to really notice.

I'm down right positive a high population played the biggest role in your nostalgia.

Which is something you're not accounting for.

And yes, I realize that replying to you and Kage is futile as you agree with me on cursed arties. My replies are meant to be general and not directed at a single person.

My arguement is very simple. I am not against lowering silver prices IF they either bump the drop rate in Doom or if they bring back cursed arty drops. HOWEVER, I will not support one without the other. I'm not sure why you can't figure out what I'm argueing, I think I've been pretty clear.

Give us back cursed arties, and I support silver reduction.

Without cursed arties for non-faction, I will not support a change that only benefits faction people. Period.

I can't state it any more simple then that.
I thought that was the case.

So rather than fix one thing that's broken, because it's not the thing you wish was being fixed... you won't help get it fixed.

you are the problem. eat ****.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So rather than fix one thing that's broken, because it's not the thing you wish was being fixed... you won't help get it fixed.

you are the problem. eat ****.
Nice attitude.

Vanqs were easily obtained off Titans in Titan Valley, btw. I never had trouble putting together nice suits - keeping them, well that is a different matter.

And yes, I would rather them not lower silver prices until they are willing to bring back cursed arties or increase the drop rate.

I mean, use logic, if I believe that the current system makes the balance unfair, why would I support something that is going to take it further out of balance?

Whether you think I'm right about the balance or not is one matter. But surely your smart enough to see why I would be against lowering silver prices if I feel the system is already unbalanced.

Why would I help something get "fixed" if I feel the solution makes it worse?

V

Vaelix

Factions vs Non Faction is Unbalanced

However, You choose not to be in factions, therefore you choose to give yourself a disadvantage.

B

Black magick

You know the ironic part about this. You want everyone to be able to get stuff and suit up easily. But when Vaelix brought up the idea involving faction arties you replied with "We have that very thing, its called a prodo shard with insurance." So are you just being a hypocrite or can you really not keep the issue straight?

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Factions vs Non Faction is Unbalanced

However, You choose not to be in factions, therefore you choose to give yourself a disadvantage.
Best arguement yet. However, I prefer not to have my pvm tamer in factions. I enjoy the risk of being attacked while hunting. I would not like him to be attackable everywhere tho.

I refuse to fight on a tamer. I refuse to fight on a stealther. I'm almost always solo. Factions isn't really an option for me under those standards - which is why I have closed my pvp'er account for now. I like to pvp, but I don't like factions.

Maybe I'm the only one, but considering the drop in pvp action since faction arties came out, I don't think I am.

You think the population has dropped because of the price of faction arties. I think its dropped because of the imbalance between faction and non-faction. We are probably never gonna agree on this.

That said, I'm bowing out of this thread. Some of you (and I'm not referring to you Vaelix) seem unable to have a discussion without letting your emotions control your posting and my presence only seems to aggravate that.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Best arguement yet. However, I prefer not to have my pvm tamer in factions. I enjoy the risk of being attacked while hunting. I would not like him to be attackable everywhere tho.

I refuse to fight on a tamer. I refuse to fight on a stealther. I'm almost always solo. Factions isn't really an option for me under those standards - which is why I have closed my pvp'er account for now. I like to pvp, but I don't like factions.

Maybe I'm the only one, but considering the drop in pvp action since faction arties came out, I don't think I am.

You think the population has dropped because of the price of faction arties. I think its dropped because of the imbalance between faction and non-faction. We are probably never gonna agree on this.

That said, I'm bowing out of this thread. Some of you (and I'm not referring to you Vaelix) seem unable to have a discussion without letting your emotions control your posting and my presence only seems to aggravate that.

Most of the people that quit were in factions!!! Snap son!

Most people quit because it takes so long to farm up stuits. Real life (Tek and Hef)

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know the ironic part about this. You want everyone to be able to get stuff and suit up easily. But when Vaelix brought up the idea involving faction arties you replied with "We have that very thing, its called a prodo shard with insurance." So are you just being a hypocrite or can you really not keep the issue straight?
He was speaking of his ideal shard, not just the faction arties. If you read his whole post, you will see the difference in what I said and what you just said.

*bows out*

Status
Not open for further replies.