• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Got the designers attention to Siege silver prices. Lets do this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Truth...I'm at the point of..bleh. Whatever gets more people out. Get rid of faction artifacts? So be it. Wont effect me. Its just nice having the items for whenever i need them...and not have to pay millions to make a suit.
HOLY ****ING ****!

Your on your first step to recovery...MAYBE SP MIGHT get more populated with that post...let's only hope more see it that way...

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Heres the thing..

You all call us trammys ect.. for wanting access to these Powerful arties..

However you want access to the same arties without the risk associated with being in factions.
Before thinking about lowering the silver price on Siege, please think of how it effect the shard as whole.
Please think how it will effect the crafters and the PvM'ers.

On Siege we depent of each others. Factions items do damage the shard as they split the shard.
Factions players do not need the crafters and the farmers when they can buy artifacts cheap from the system.
Even with imbuing, a non faction PvP'er do not have a chance vs a player in factions items.

No matter how you turn it around, noone should have to join faction to PvP.
Factions items is against the spirit of Siege.

I hope the devs will listen to the whole community on Siege.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Non faction people should not get steamrolled by a person wearing faction gear and that's what happens and will happen until something is done which makes more non faction people quit...you should not have to have faction arties to compete in PvP...to where we stand right now...there's many other things but i'm just talking about faction arties in general...

EDIT- Your completely right Freja, if i'm out farming as a shown template i'm a sitting duck if i don't have dci maxxed...the only other option to stay alive is dun dun dun hide/stealth/ninja...the faction arties are slowly making people quit sp sadly...

B

Bruin

The bottom line here is that this shard is dead. Factions is dead. There is no PvP and even when a small skirmish breaks out, players log out and don't come back. Forsaken, you and swisgar were prime examples of that the other night. You died once, Swiz died twice and it was all over for the night after about 20 minutes of fighting and its been that way for quite some time now no matter who loses the battle. Some things are going to have to change.

- If you want more fights, non-factioners, as well as factioners have to be considered in order to get more players on the field and at least willing to try.

- The cost to equip has to be brought into balance for both sets of players.

Current PvP isn't fun and if any of us can be truthful with ourselves, it hasn't been for quite a long time because the cost is too great to re-equip. People house fight, stealth/smokebomb, faction rune to complete safety, run in large gank squads, run parry mages that are almost invulnerable to dexers for a reason. It costs too much to lose a suit, faction or otherwise and this applies even to those who have plenty of gold.

Bashing each other, telling others how horrible they are at PvP isn't going to fix the problem and it isn't helping your arguments. Try focusing on solutions that take others into consideration if you really want to get back to fun PvP and inspire other players to join you on the field.
She's absolutely right. Nobody fights anymore. Granted we have disagreements on how to solve the problem (get rid of faction arties, make cursed arties available to all, make faction arties available to all, get rid of all arties). But my point is simply, if you want to have more pvp, you need to think of ideas that are inclusionary, instead of exclusionary. Forcing people to pvp only via factions is excluding 2/3rds of the playerbase in pvp. If you make it so anyone can compete pvp, regardless of factions are not, you get 100% of the playerbase that has the opportunity to pvp.

And I'm sorry faction people, you DO get a guardzone, can I attack you inside a guardzone? The only difference is your risk is you can be attacked inside a guardzone by other faction members and your benefit is you can attack other faction members inside a guardzone.

Scuzzlebutt

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Before thinking about lowering the silver price on Siege, please think of how it effect the shard as whole.

On Siege we depent of each others. Factions items do damage the shard as they split the shard.
Factions players do not need the crafters and the farmers when they can buy artifacts cheap from the system.
Even with imbuing, a non faction PvP'er do not have a chance vs a player in factions items.

You dont pvp anyways, so this change would effect your game in no way.
The items are already here and those that use them now will still use them when they are cheaper. Difference is, instead of only having one or two back up suits, it would be much easier to have 5-6. Thus people would be out fighting more, using and losing potions, petals, imbued armor and jewels, and all other sorts of things that are provided by... whom? Oh yeah, crafters and pvmer types. It might actually bring a few folks back (ie. Righty) who didn't really enjoy having to farm for 2 days to obtain a competitve suit. Bottom line is people are gonna run these suits whether they are cheaper or not, so what difference does it make to you what they cost? I have seen you in game a total of 2 times in the 6 or so years i've played SP. How often have you even been attacked by someone with these "unbalancing" items? No one in vent can remember coming across you in game and attacking you recently, except for Skisgar when he met with you to test your suit.

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If we really want to see more fights just remove the following

HCI/DCI
FC/FCR
DISMOUNT
SMOKEBOMBS

and add back in the skill timer between hiding and stealthing.

B

Black magick

Don't bother, telling freja anything that makes sense on this matter from a faction standpoint is like talking to a wall. @chard, the only reason people in faction gear "steamroll" others is because the best players are in factions. @kat, "faction rune to complete safety" this is incorrect. If you have a mage its a no brainer to get to a person that used a faction rune... Oh wait, sorry, forgot which guild it was.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not trolling here, just want to know something. You quit pvping because you refused to play factions? Due to your role playing of being vampires? How did you do it when everyone ran cursed artifacts and real artifacts? When the split between the have and have nots was greater.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Not trolling here, just want to know something. You quit pvping because you refused to play factions? Due to your role playing of being vampires? How did you do it when everyone ran cursed artifacts and real artifacts? When the split between the have and have nots was greater.
That was never a problem, sure I would die to the few players in upper gear and to ganks but I would do ok in most fights.

I had always been able to replace my items from crafting but vs a faction player, my crafted imbued items sucks.

Players should not join faction to get unfair advantage vs non faction or to be able to PvP vs faction.

Almost free factions items (low silver price) or insurance do not belong on Siege.

H

Hugibear

Freja what you and a few others fail to grasp is that it has nothing to do with the faction arties as to why people are better now. It is how powerful some of the templates have become. I am currently working a setup that will kill people in under 2.5 seconds. And of course I could run this without faction gear.
Here is your example an archer on a dread mare will jump off mount, dismount you, all kill, than runnin shot you to death. You will die in prolly 3-4 seconds. Was it the gear that got you killed, hell no. And even decked out in faction gear I have died to this very quickly. Albeit I am not the best pvper but I can hold my own. Todays templates are so powerful because this game is geared to prodo shards. Where they have insurance and insanely good gear, meaning they can survive longer well on siege you dont get that gear unless you have some mad $$$$s. There is no going back to nonfaction gear the best we could hope for is to lower the cost and let everyone have a chance to get some on the cheap.

Scuzzlebutt

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had always been able to replace my items from crafting but vs a faction player, my crafted imbued items sucks.
It's not the crafted items that suck. You've probably been running the same or a very similar template for five years. You need to adapt to the changes and figure out what works best for you now. Hell even the way your stats are distributed can mean the difference between a good template and a bad one.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Freja what you and a few others fail to grasp is that it has nothing to do with the faction arties as to why people are better now. It is how powerful some of the templates have become. I am currently working a setup that will kill people in under 2.5 seconds. And of course I could run this without faction gear.
Here is your example an archer on a dread mare will jump off mount, dismount you, all kill, than runnin shot you to death. You will die in prolly 3-4 seconds. Was it the gear that got you killed, hell no. And even decked out in faction gear I have died to this very quickly. Albeit I am not the best pvper but I can hold my own. Todays templates are so powerful because this game is geared to prodo shards. Where they have insurance and insanely good gear, meaning they can survive longer well on siege you dont get that gear unless you have some mad $$$$s. There is no going back to nonfaction gear the best we could hope for is to lower the cost and let everyone have a chance to get some on the cheap.
I agree with this 85%% of it actually...

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hugi hit the nail on the head... I wish EVERYONE would join factions. PvMers alike. You realize how few people check hunting spots? Hell, the ones that do are generally PKs. Imagine getting to run your tamer with a nice blessed mage weap, crystaline, and orny. You may have a chance when Shay pops out to rip you up.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
It's not the crafted items that suck. You've probably been running the same or a very similar template for five years. You need to adapt to the changes and figure out what works best for you now. Hell even the way your stats are distributed can mean the difference between a good template and a bad one.
OK... I am curious about this myself. How would you put together a non faction PvP archer? I know Freja loves her archer. I like mine as well.

F

Førsaken

Forsaken, you and swisgar were prime examples of that the other night. You died once, Swiz died twice and it was all over for the night after about 20 minutes of fighting and its been that way for quite some time now no matter who loses the battle. Some things are going to have to change.
First off, I was up 2+ hrs past my bed time for a work night and dying to a 5v1 gank was a sure sign that I should go to bed. *Stayed up 10 minutes after to get suit ready for next time* Secondly, your obsession with my death is duly noted.

My post holds merit no matter what you choose to pick out of it. Facts are facts.

Why should non-factioners have the same gear/benefits as factioners? Factions = perma war mode, you're always orange no matter what, and for Siege Perilous, there is no "safe zone" aka trammel.

Why do you guys insist on changing that? Why can't you make arguments for bring back Cursed Arties at a good drop rate? I'm sorry, but if you argue against THIS idea, it's only because you're horrid at PvP and shouldn't be talking anyways.

Fact is, everything would be the same if TnT, A$$, JSV, or whatever guild out there that PvPs, or tries to PvP. You could roll in your Faction Arties, our guild could do Cursed Arties and nothing would change. We'd have -10 DCI on Mage templates, so I'd be at 60-65 DCI (depending on if I use Conjurer's Garb or not), big whoop! Oh no, I wouldn't have MR3 on my orny, WATCH OUT NOW, I'd have 10-12 MR instead of 12-14, watch out now! Resist are super easy to get now with Imbue, LMC super easy period, MR super easy with Imbue. So please, explain to me again why all the non-factioners should get equal treatment?

You shouldn't. But, you want to use this "disadvantage", as a scapegoat for your horrible skill and lack of teamwork in the field.

It gets tiresome reading thread after thread, post after post with this crying about faction gear. What I stated is truth, I'm sure people will disagree, but it is what it is.

You either have what it takes, or you don't. You can learn/adapt, or you can't. It's really up to the player, not the DEVS.

M

MoonglowMerchant

Thanks for the link. I posted that silver prices should go up.

:)

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK... I am curious about this myself. How would you put together a non faction PvP archer? I know Freja loves her archer. I like mine as well.
A composite bow with:

SSI, HCI, Spell/HLD, DI, Balanced. Or kick balance and get spell AND HLD.

Imbue leather armor with stam/mana increase/LMC and ok resists, piece of cake to do.

15HCI/20DI/LMC/EP on jewels, maybe a few stats, Nixon did this set up with only like... one faction arty and almost killed my geared out guy multiple times.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Imbuing is your friend...
You wouldn't need imbuing...just run the gimp dreadmare dismount/moving shot...or dismount/mortal/moving shot.

Hell you could run regular leather armor and play that effectively.

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I actually have a comp bow with:

40 Vel
15HCI
Balanced
40SSI
40DI

Non imbued, I made it. If I bought an imbued suit and put like... 6 stam on each piece, 5HP on a few pieces, some mana inc, and 20LMC with a totem of the void, plus the jewels. I could be running a pretty nasty suit for dirt cheap.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not everyone on this shard wants to pvp. Find a way around faction arties being used against pvm tamers and crafters and then I will accept the arguement that faction changes don't effect everyone.

Until then, pvm'ers should either be given an increased chance to get arties, or some way to better defend themselves. Most people who pvm are on Siege because they like some risk to their hunting. But you gotta give them a decent chance to fight back. A pvm archer in a luck suit has very little chance of survival against a pk in faction arties.

B

Black magick

zomg, how could we use faction arties against crafters! Really, because of faction arties they stand no chance against a pvper! And tamers! Man, they have it SO hard. Their pets are so terrible, they just lay down and die.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
zomg, how could we use faction arties against crafters! Really, because of faction arties they stand no chance against a pvper! And tamers! Man, they have it SO hard. Their pets are so terrible, they just lay down and die.
Any decent pvp'er in faction arties can kill a tamer, are you saying you cant?

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's a bit of advice.

You've been offered something.

You're response currently is, thanks but really I want you to give me this instead.

It's either what you were offered or nothing at all. You've got a chance to push things away from the way they currently are which is easily told from the way speedy describes it - in a better direction.

Think about it. This is exactly what the problem was in the last thread... and you guys were in the minority there too. We're not getting rid of these things. Period.

Maybe, just maybe if we can tackle one thing... we'll get the opportunity to tackle the next thing... too. Or do you want to ride this merry go round till the park shuts down?

A lot have already gotten off this ride.....
Nothing has been offered, all they said is it was being considered. Opinions were asked for, I gave mine. And unlike most people, instead of just whining, I even presented an alternate solution.

Maybe the question should be asked, those of you that are so for silver prices going down, why are you against non-faction artifact chances being raised? Are you afraid of the same tool being in the hands of non-faction people?

If you claim that faction changes don't effect non-faction people, then why are some of you so adamant against non-faction people getting increased drops?

B

Black magick

That entire post was sarcasm. Of course a crafter has no chance against a char in faction arties. A crafter has no chance against someone without faction arties, unless the person is just terrible. Tamers have their defense, their pets. All they have to do is keep it by them and they will be fine. That, or have it attack and haul. Also, a pvm archer, like any fighter, shouldn't sacrifice luck for resists. If they do, then they are screwed no matter what their opponent is wearing.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Is it any wonder why stealth is the defence of choice? Hoist by your own pretard? Is that appropriate here?

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, a pvm archer, like any fighter, shouldn't sacrifice luck for resists. If they do, then they are screwed no matter what their opponent is wearing.
Now thats a silly statement. A pvm archer wants high luck for increased drops. Resists are secondary to things like mana, luck, etc. You don't need high resists to pvm.

Now, I'm not saying if you want to survive an attack from a pk that resists are not important, but it makes a huge difference if the person is artied out or not.

Again, a solution is to lower the faction prices and at the same time, raise the drop rate and availability of arties to non-faction people. That way, the same pvm archer can run some arties and have a better chance of survival. And as a added bonus, if the PK is successful, he has a better chance of getting good loot off the pvm archer.

F

Førsaken

Any decent pvp'er in faction arties can kill a tamer, are you saying you cant?
Case and point. I could go all cursed arties *again* and run stealth tamer *again* and even with the "nerf" to greater dragons, I'd laugh at anyone trying, minus a disco/peace tamer. :)

Hell, I'd kill any PvP'er with cursed arties vs their faction arties. You are missing the point.

Again, it's the player that needs to change, not the DEVS.

p.s. The fact that Vortex is arguing for PvMers in luck suits to better be able to defend themselves is why this entire discussion should just be voided. It's this mentality that fails current UO.

p.s.s. Imbue is your friend, you better not sacrifice too much resist/mods for uber luck in a location where you can be farmed. ;) Else that would just be outright stupid.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And yes, I do realize that imbuing was a HUGE step towards leveling that field. Maybe make some of the ingredients a bit easier to get?

B

Black magick

Ok what you just said contradicted your previous post. Is a pvm archer going for luck or other mods? If luck, he's not going to be wearing other arties. Except maybe AOF, stormgrip, mempo of fortune. If the archer isn't after luck your point about the luck archer is moot. Btw, e already requested the drop/increased rate of arties. Keep that in mind.

F

Førsaken

And yes, I do realize that imbuing was a HUGE step towards leveling that field. Maybe make some of the ingredients a bit easier to get?
BUYING FAERY DUST!!!! *I agree, make it drop 2xs as much* Go, go, go!

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Again, it's the player that needs to change, not the DEVS.
Agreed.

p.s. The fact that Vortex is arguing for PvMers in luck suits to better be able to defend themselves is why this entire discussion should just be voided. It's this mentality that fails current UO.
No, the mentality that fails UO is this ME, ME, ME attitude. People want what is best for their playstyle and they dont care how it effects other people. I presented a compromise and it was ignored. Amazingly, if people were willing to use a little give and take, they would find more things getting done.

Instead, the prevailing attitude in this thread is "screw the non-faction people, they should all join factions."

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok what you just said contradicted your previous post. Is a pvm archer going for luck or other mods? If luck, he's not going to be wearing other arties. Except maybe AOF, stormgrip, mempo of fortune. If the archer isn't after luck your point about the luck archer is moot. Btw, e already requested the drop/increased rate of arties. Keep that in mind.
exactly my point. There is 3 good arties right there that are all extremely hard for non-faction people to get. Yes, I would run those and then focus on some resists with the rest. Ring of elements, etc...

Yes, it has been requested, and many of you argued against it. Tie these two ideas together and watch the support for both climb.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Imbuing is your friend...
You wouldn't need imbuing...just run the gimp dreadmare dismount/moving shot...or dismount/mortal/moving shot.

Hell you could run regular leather armor and play that effectively.
Im confused...wasn't the point of lowering the price of silver was so that people aren't afraid to come out of their homes..on visible templates and NOT toting a pet??? Why are all the pvpers who bitched that taming was the nemesis of pvp now using a Dread Mare???

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im confused...wasn't the point of lowering the price of silver was so that people aren't afraid to come out of their homes..on visible templates and NOT toting a pet??? Why are all the pvpers who bitched that taming was the nemesis of pvp now using a Dread Mare???
These guys wernt around 1-2 years ago...and some of us (three I think) are using the dreadmares to combat them... Gotta fight fire with fire!! rawr!

B

Black magick

exactly my point. There is 3 good arties right there that are all extremely hard for non-faction people to get. Yes, I would run those and then focus on some resists with the rest. Ring of elements, etc...

Yes, it has been requested, and many of you argued against it. Tie these two ideas together and watch the support for both climb.
You must have missed where we have already sent in a petition to get tot/cursed arties/marties/arties spawning with increased drop. That's already done with. This is a different matter.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You must have missed where we have already sent in a petition to get tot/cursed arties/marties/arties spawning with increased drop. That's already done with. This is a different matter.
I'm well aware of it, and who argued against it. Amazingly its some of the same people who want silver prices dropped. Thus the whole point of my statement.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*high fives V* Hope every thing is good in your world.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These guys wernt around 1-2 years ago...and some of us (three I think) are using the dreadmares to combat them... Gotta fight fire with fire!! rawr!
I'm sorry, but to me this is the whole mentality that is killing pvp. It's become more about winning then about having fun. Its why people cheat, its why they use tamers, its why they use stealthers. Win at any cost.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I'm sorry, but to me this is the whole mentality that is killing pvp. It's become more about winning then about having fun. Its why people cheat, its why they use tamers, its why they use stealthers. Win at any cost.
Yeah... I remember when Siege was Siege. Now it is a knock off tram shard. Just harder.

F

Førsaken

:sad2:

FYI: I gave many ideas that would help anyone and everyone, those are ignored.

Games change. Games expand. Games evolve. Why can't the player do this again?

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Back to my statement I made a few days ago. I don't play so you can have fun. I play to maximize the fun I have. I pay for my six accounts...I will upgrade them, suit them and play them how I feel like. Not how an online community feels I should play. If I get the edge in whatever I do (pvm, pvp,) so be it...But i'm paying for it.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

No they don't.

And you only hope the devs listen to the minority in the community including people who don't understand how the game works as well as others... yet think their opinion is just as right.

Go argue with steven hawkings about blackholes and tell him how the world should listen to you instead of him.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's a bit of advice.

You've been offered something.

You're response currently is, thanks but really I want you to give me this instead.

It's either what you were offered or nothing at all. You've got a chance to push things away from the way they currently are which is easily told from the way speedy describes it - in a better direction.

Think about it. This is exactly what the problem was in the last thread... and you guys were in the minority there too. We're not getting rid of these things. Period.

Maybe, just maybe if we can tackle one thing... we'll get the opportunity to tackle the next thing... too. Or do you want to ride this merry go round till the park shuts down?

A lot have already gotten off this ride.....
Nothing has been offered, all they said is it was being considered. Opinions were asked for, I gave mine. And unlike most people, instead of just whining, I even presented an alternate solution.

Maybe the question should be asked, those of you that are so for silver prices going down, why are you against non-faction artifact chances being raised? Are you afraid of the same tool being in the hands of non-faction people?

If you claim that faction changes don't effect non-faction people, then why are some of you so adamant against non-faction people getting increased drops?
The prospects were offered. Piddle with more nuances and miss the point some more? I know you got it. You got called out with your pants down and this crap is a really poor attempt to save face.

Look at you're second part... why did you even type that to me? This isn't politics and that stupid ass crap you just tried to pull isn't going to fly. Thank you for lying through your teeth. I'm the one who started the push to raise non-faction gear availability... YEARS ago. Everyone who's posted in this thread in favor of lowering the costs also supports boosting non-faction crap... but
this isn't a discussion about non-faction items, it's a discussion about improving factions and YES this will improve factions on Siege.

You want to know who wasn't in favor of boosting non-faction gear? Players like Freja. Players like kat. Players like Bruin. What they really wanted.. was to get rid of all the artifacts. It should have been pretty obvious 6 ****ING YEARS AGO that's not going to happen so if they don't get what they want... no one should get anything. yeah. These are the people with "whats best for siege" in mind? HAHA. These are the people you're looking to for solid opinions on what will help this shard?!? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAh

It's all about what's best for... them. And every single one of you with this state of mind are the reason this shard is a **** hole. GOOD JOB

The **** is wrong with you? You trying to portray some kind of bull**** image of fighting the good fight?

You turn a discussion about improving sieges faction system into a steaming pile of crap because it's not a discussion about what you want it to be? rolleyes:

Just stop and that goes for everyone.

Jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.