• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

FoF : What about SA?

I

imported_Heartseeker

Good post DR.

I thought the same way as you for quite a while.

I also dropped my pom poms.

People like Arcus ,Craftsman and Pallas, plus many others would call bs on this game and its devs; now in the last few months I see why.

As far as Jeremy and Robert goes, we have nothing but spin doctoring and empty promises.

The fact that you can't mention the new event Jeremy signifies that most likely it is an old recycled event, ala Valentine's Day.

You people at EA/Mythic must take us for fools.

I like many, believe I have a right to know where my money is going, considering I have invested a few grand in the years that I have played.

Unlike game like Diablo where it cost $50 and you could play Battlenet for free.

So, to all the people that think their replies were sincere I say get your head checked.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Truth be told I am one of those that have given EA a lot of slack in the past, but frankly the game hasn't had a meaningful change since late October. That is 4 months of nothing. Even I wonder if its worth hanging around. And I am one of the pom pom hander outers.

UO is a great game, but I see what a lot of people are saying. They see dwindling shard numbers, they see rampant cheating, they see little to no GM support.

Here is the question on everyones mind. Are you in zombie mode till Warhammer online comes out, and then you will kill UO, or put it into some mode where it just withers on the vine?

People aren't asking much, but when you shovel the same tired manure pile around each time, people get tired of hearing it. Ever hear of the little boy who cried wolf.

[/ QUOTE ]

CLINK.

What was that? Oh ... it was the penny dropping. At last.

Welcome to the matrix!

I

imported_Coldren

The Craftsman and the good doctor agreeing?

And everyone said I was crazy for wanting to sell parkas in Hell.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

You do understand that with each passing day, you continue to lose credibility as an effective leader of the UO Development Team with answers like these,

[/ QUOTE ]

First off he is not the leader of the UO Development Team

He is....UO Community Relations Director Community Relations Director

He is Jeremy's boss. Who is also not on the dev team......UO Community Coordinator.

They can generally only tell you what they know. Which granted is frustrating but given the move and everything else they haven't exactly been silent during this time either. 2007 was a great year for UO. No not everything got fixed but communications were wide open and they did the best they humanly could to get content flowing and get fixes in.

Now having said that, lets get to the cutting remarks to Bob and Jeremy. If they give details and it winds up not happening, you flame them. If they say nothing, you flame them, they at least say hey we know you're there, sorry for the delays, but something is happening, you flame them. So really what is it you people want? I mean honestly. They can only give the information they have and relay our input to the devs. I'm frustrated too. But good God calm down and be grateful they respond at all. It hasn't been 6 months since the last content btw....Magencia ring a bell? Halloween anyone? And yes even though the Christmas gifts were recycled at least they thought enough of us to put the code back in. And Draconi bless his heart was working all through the holidays to create a lil fun on Test. The Holiday Party for one, The New Years Ball drop with awesome fireworks, throwing Apples at the devs. I mean come on. Go do some exploring around Britainnia. Check out your shards unique places. Organize something for your shard to do. Redesign your house or help a new char. There is alot to do in UO while waiting if you put your mind to it. It shouldn't be hand fed to us all the time.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Mesanna's the last to move - everyone else is finishing the check-ins for next week's publish. They are certainly hard at work - although of course you won't see the fruits of their labor until the publish actually hits Test.

[/ QUOTE ]So what's with not having a list of things that are going to be on the publish available prior to it hitting test?

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

The last set of checkins are going in today - so I'm not sure what all has made it, other than some UI fixes for KR, some can't-cancel-quest fixes, stuff like that. (Well, and the event, of course.) Won't have an actual QA-checked list until mid-next-week. This is, of course, why we usually don't talk about publishes until the last minute - they can be pretty nebulous for rather a long time.

[/ QUOTE ]Err, no offense, Jeremy, but, you don't see something wrong with that?

Why do your intended publishes need to go through QA before they hit test? You can't say, "Here's what we're working on..."?

Because I have to tell you, the idea that waiting until you've already done the work and it's already passed QA means that we never hear about anything until the last minute. IE: not the type of communication desired by a majority of the community.

P

pallas

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

The last set of checkins are going in today - so I'm not sure what all has made it, other than some UI fixes for KR, some can't-cancel-quest fixes, stuff like that. (Well, and the event, of course.) Won't have an actual QA-checked list until mid-next-week. This is, of course, why we usually don't talk about publishes until the last minute - they can be pretty nebulous for rather a long time.

[/ QUOTE ]Err, no offense, Jeremy, but, you don't see something wrong with that?

Why do your intended publishes need to go through QA before they hit test? You can't say, "Here's what we're working on..."?

Because I have to tell you, the idea that waiting until you've already done the work and it's already passed QA means that we never hear about anything until the last minute. IE: not the type of communication desired by a majority of the community.

[/ QUOTE ]

'In Concept' and 'In Development' spring to mind.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who remembers these?

PS yes I know others recall, it's a rhetorical question, really... unless you _really_ don't know. :p

I

imported_Coldren

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense as well, but on that note, it also says to me:

QA already approves, so it's a done deal - Your input behind the idea is completely unnecessary, except to find bugs, which likely won't get fixed until after it's patched anyway.

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So the order of this publish is going to be:

Test Center - For a while to weed out the major bugs. Lets call that 2 weeks

Origin - Two weeks to work out the rest of the kinks that appear on a live server.

That is going to be the oder of things...right?

Hopefully not test center &gt;&gt; publish all shards!!

G

This one's not that kind of patch - y'all have known about several of the changes for a while (the runic changes, the BOD fixes, the Frenzied Whirlwind tweak) and the rest is all bug-fixes. And event content. And bacon.

I

imported_Coldren

<blockquote><hr>

This one's not that kind of patch - y'all have known about several of the changes for a while (the runic changes, the BOD fixes, the Frenzied Whirlwind tweak) and the rest is all bug-fixes. And event content. And bacon.

[/ QUOTE ]

See? Except for details on the event, that's pretty much the patch notes! That's a pretty good list, gives us an idea, spoils nothing. That'd make a pretty good "In Development" or "Next Patch Preview" post.

Thank you.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

You do understand that with each passing day, you continue to lose credibility as an effective leader of the UO Development Team with answers like these,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]First off, I didn't say he was THE leader, I said he was failing to be an effective leader. He is the person in charge of community relations, the liason between the playerbase and the development team. The word "director" does appear in the thesaurus as a synonym for leader if we want to go to base definitions. In the end, leadership is more than being the guy in charge, and I stand by my statement that he is failing to be AN effective leader.
<blockquote><hr>

He is....UO Community Relations Director Community Relations Director

[/ QUOTE ]Yep. I got that from his little title under his post.
<blockquote><hr>

He is Jeremy's boss. Who is also not on the dev team......UO Community Coordinator.

[/ QUOTE ]Who also liases information between community and dev team, yes?
<blockquote><hr>

They can generally only tell you what they know. Which granted is frustrating but given the move and everything else they haven't exactly been silent during this time either. 2007 was a great year for UO. No not everything got fixed but communications were wide open and they did the best they humanly could to get content flowing and get fixes in.

[/ QUOTE ]2007 was not a great year for UO by any stretch of the definition for the word "great." UO was a great year for potential and promise, none of which were lived up to. I walked into UO:KR as excited, and in fact, more excited than most people. I paid for that excitement with faith in the new, improved DevTeam. What resulted was typical EA bull of pre-releasing a buggy, incomplete product that smacked of the last UO client released (which, as those who were there on the day that UO:3D went live, was actually MISSING TILES!). But in the end, the 3D client was more useful within a couple of months after release than the KR client is, and actually had features that weren't in the 2D client, but was otherwise compatible with the experience of the 2D client. KR still has things that can't be done in it. Seven months after the thing went live. If that's your definition of great, well, then, great. I have higher standards than that.
<blockquote><hr>

Now having said that, lets get to the cutting remarks to Bob and Jeremy. If they give details and it winds up not happening, you flame them. If they say nothing, you flame them, they at least say hey we know you're there, sorry for the delays, but something is happening, you flame them. So really what is it you people want? I mean honestly. They can only give the information they have and relay our input to the devs. I'm frustrated too. But good God calm down and be grateful they respond at all. It hasn't been 6 months since the last content btw....Magencia ring a bell? Halloween anyone? And yes even though the Christmas gifts were recycled at least they thought enough of us to put the code back in. And Draconi bless his heart was working all through the holidays to create a lil fun on Test. The Holiday Party for one, The New Years Ball drop with awesome fireworks, throwing Apples at the devs. I mean come on. Go do some exploring around Britainnia. Check out your shards unique places. Organize something for your shard to do. Redesign your house or help a new char. There is alot to do in UO while waiting if you put your mind to it. It shouldn't be hand fed to us all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]No, I will NOT be grateful that they respond at all. I don't have to go begging the other games I play for information about the future of the game. While I may be upset at times that something's pushed off a bit, I at least know what's going on in them, and can have patience because there's something to look forward to. And, uh, not to put too fine a point on it, but if we stopped playing UO tomorrow, just what job would our Community Coordinators have? That's right: Not Community Coordinator.

Magincia ring a bell? Yeah. You mean the event that was going to happen at one time, and ended up happening at another? The event that a large number of people have lost items from because no one fully tested it? The event that left old museums in shambles? The event that's a one-off thing that's over and done with and yet Magincia still looks like something that a second-grader designed with a Lego set?

Test center? No. Unlike people who think that logging in on a test center to play around for a bit, I'm not one bit excited about things that are test-shard only, because I believe the focus should be on LIVE events, not on one-off testing stuff that will never been seen in the game itself.

And, no, it was not "thoughtful" to put last year's gifts back in the game. It was an afterthought. Thoughtful would have had them on the schedule by September, coded, designed, and implemented, ready and waiting to fire off in December.

Good lord, please stop defending them.

And while I've seen a couple of flames here, by and large, there's nothing flameworthy of these things. If you are calling most of these responses "flames," no offense, you need to go back to flame school.

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

QA already approves, so it's a done deal - Your input behind the idea is completely unnecessary, except to find bugs, which likely won't get fixed until after it's patched anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hold on let me tweak this a bit for ya by running it through the "reality toaster"...

<blockquote><hr>

QA already approves, so it's a done deal - Your input behind the idea is completely unnecessary, except to find bugs, which likely won't get fixed .

[/ QUOTE ]

*ding- pop*

There ya go..

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Is there a list of these changes, and what they entail, anywhere?

No.

I

imported_wencit

OMG plz don't tell me we are getting the same thing we got last year for valentines day more bacon too..........................ok guys get ready to copy and paste all the pancakes from the repeated x-mas presents

I

imported_Coldren

Arcus:

Was going to add, "if at all" to the end, but I got distracted :p

RaDian:

There is something to this, though.

- They've never committed for fact that the runic/bod fixes were going in THIS patch. This is the first time they've stated, flatly, "They will be in this patch." Search for the changes.. They're here.

- They mentioned a new event will be in THIS patch. I don't even remember them talking about a new event before this, so this is news, at least to me..

No details, because she likely doesn't have EXACT details yet. But a little taste. We get the cliff notes - No, it's not the entire book, but it may be all she has, and it's better than nothing, at least to me.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

First off, I didn't say he was THE leader, I said he was failing to be an effective leader. He is the person in charge of community relations, the liason between the playerbase and the development team. The word "director" does appear in the thesaurus as a synonym for leader if we want to go to base definitions. In the end, leadership is more than being the guy in charge, and I stand by my statement that he is failing to be AN effective leader.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bold to make point!!

P

pallas

<blockquote><hr>

And, uh, not to put too fine a point on it, but if we stopped playing UO tomorrow, just what job would our Community Coordinators have? That's right: Not Community Coordinator.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the pay scale and benefits package of this position? Bobby Boy and Jeremy may need it soon given the state of UO.

(sorry, couldn't resist.
)

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always been of a differnt look to this picture. I don't give two sheep about what the publish contains to be really honest. I care about it happening on a regular schedule.

We all sit around and wait in anticipation for a scrap of info because we are starves for updates and regular content. If we would get a publish once a month instead 3-4 times a year on irregular intervals we wouldn't be vocal about what they are gonna be.

A patch should contain the same thing every time unless it's an emergency patch. Bug fixes, new content, features/additions. New quests. Each publish should contain a small amount of all these items.

I also don't feel every damn thing that gets added to the game be placed on test center so god modes and have it all can find everything there is to know about it before it gets to production. That entirely crap. Let everyone find out the stuff at the same time. Have some damn surprise for once. As soon as something hits test everyone knows about it the next day and knows exactly what to expect when the time comes.

Spin or no spin the game just needs to start picking up the pace and make visible improvements to the game.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Search for the changes.. They're here.

[/ QUOTE ]I shouldn't have to. If I want to know what's under development for any other game I play, I go to a section typically called "Under Development" or "Coming Soon," and there's a list of projected things for beyond what's being worked on (with the disclaimer that these may change), and then there's the list of what's coming with the next publish.

And if there's detailed information elsewhere on all these little tidbits, then it wouldn't kill them to put it into one place (of course, it also wouldn't taken me a year to revamp UO's website either, but I digress, since like KR, it's also NOT done). But I doubt that there's full details on these things ready and waiting for consumption.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

You do understand that with each passing day, you continue to lose credibility as <u>an effective leader of the UO Development Team</u> with answers like these,

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

First off, I didn't say he was THE leader, I said he was failing to be an effective leader. He is the person in charge of community relations, the liason between the playerbase and the development team. The word "director" does appear in the thesaurus as a synonym for leader if we want to go to base definitions. In the end, leadership is more than being the guy in charge, and I stand by my statement that he is failing to be AN effective leader.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bold to make point!!

[/ QUOTE ]Italicized and underlined to keep it in context. What, you work for the New York Times or something?

EDIT: Added underlining and removed extraneous quote tag.

P

pallas

<blockquote><hr>

(of course, it also wouldn't taken me a year to revamp UO's website either, but I digress, since like KR, it's also NOT done).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that is Jeremy's job, and she has professed to having little to no experience in things like that.

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

(of course, it also wouldn't taken me a year to revamp UO's website either, but I digress, since like KR, it's also NOT done).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that is Jeremy's job, and she has professed to having little to no experience in things like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmm....greeeaaaat..

G

For all we know Jeremy is the dev team leader. Where is the new producer anyway, he has bee dead silent for 5 months now. He seems to love talking about Dark Age of Camelot. I guess he does not like UO.

G

&gt;This one's not that kind of patch - y'all have known about several of the changes for a while (the runic changes, the BOD fixes, the Frenzied Whirlwind tweak) and the rest is all bug-fixes. And event content. And bacon .

Unless you are going to increase my Storage by Quadruplicate...keep your stinkin'

bacon. Seriously...please do not even consider a rehash of last years valentines.

P

pallas

Jeremy stated during the Holiday Party on TC that the producer (Chris Rabideau IIRC... it has been so terribly long since he has spoken) was 'shy'. I told her that's not a good excuse.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Ummmm....greeeaaaat..

[/ QUOTE ]I know... it shows, doesn't it?

I

imported_Heartseeker

I will guarantee that it will be the same.

I have called it earlier and predict exactly that.

"Listen People" ... "The upcoming event will not be an invasion or anything fun but because we have no one left in our offices, we will patch in last years Valentine's Day items for you delight."

G

We actually have a web team that does design. I can do basic HTML, but that's about it.

P

pallas

<blockquote><hr>

We actually have a web team that does design. I can do basic HTML, but that's about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

... but it is your job to update and maintain the site, ugly design aside.

As a side note why did you guys OK this design? My boyfriend (who does web graphic design) could do a LOT better on his own at designing that thing without a team, no offense.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]You guys need a designer dedicated to UO? I'm being serious. I'd do it on the weekends from home for at least a fair stipend. Because, seriously, that site hasn't gotten any worthwhile attention on years, and it's about time that it does. First and foremost, it's time to at very least unify the look to the site. No, that's second. First is to make the new home page graphically appealing.

Not trying to be rude, either. Just really think that if there's a web team working on it, they've failed horribly at doing so.

G

I think I'll have to take the fifth on that one. Or possibly drink a fifth.

P

pallas

<blockquote><hr>

I think I'll have to take the fifth on that one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I rest my case.

P

PaganOfLegends

Bacon, Corn, Ham, Pitcher of milk. Now if we can just get potato's, we can cook corn chowder!!

Y

Yewish News

Does anyone have anything positive to say about Ultima Online's development team and leadership?

P

pallas

<blockquote><hr>

Does anyone have anything positive to say about Ultima Online's development team and leadership?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Draconi means well.

Uhm...

There's Draconi, and, uhm...

He worked hard on a LOT of the events (whether you loved them or not)...

... and uhm...

... did I mention Draconi? I think he has a lot of heart about what UO should be. Yeah.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I think I'll have to take the fifth on that one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I rest my case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good, keep it rested. The new website looks fine to me - I'd just like to see all of the content on the old one migrated to it.

@Robert - PLEASE PLEASE fix the bugs in the game before adding new content! PLEASE PLEASE!

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Good, keep it rested. The new website looks fine to me - I'd just like to see all of the content on the old one migrated to it.

[/ QUOTE ]I'd like to see the information updated appropriately. For instance, on the new user link from the current site, it leads to the old site, where it mentions no KR client (probably a good thing), but shows the 3D client for example.
<blockquote><hr>

@Robert - PLEASE PLEASE fix the bugs in the game before adding new content! PLEASE PLEASE!

[/ QUOTE ]Unfortunately, what they should be doing is fixing old stuff while adding new stuff. Believe me, if they spent a year doing nothing but bug fixes, there'd still be bugs, and fewer people playing the game because it was completely stagnant.

They also need to focus some on PvP and some on PvE, some on permanent content, and some on major events.

Trouble is, I don't think the team's large enough anymore to handle that, and is being split between DAoC and UO, which is not a good thing for either game, but I guarantee that DAoC takes precedence over UO. Not that either of them have had a shelf presence in quite some time.

U

_Uriah Heep_

*raises hand and glances around,*
Yes, I do.

I'm positive the silence has been deafening.
I'm positive that most all of the people I talk to, are disgruntled, and barely hanging on.
I'm positive, that there is no way in H#$% we are gonna see an increase in players, unless they change...
I am positive that the majority of my friends have left, and more are on the way out.
I am positive, taht a lot of long time well known vets have left, quite a few of em in disgust.
I am positive that the game i am currently logged into while I type this, seriously brings to mind the phrase "zombiefied".

I am positive that I really really don't care what the layout of the website looks like, as that has entirely no effect on my gaming experience,and that time could be better spent elsewhere.
Having said that, I am positive most of us would like to see more updated info, no matter what design it was.

G

And Leurocian, and Mesanna, and Supreem, and Serado, and Grimm, and Yvette, whose handle I can NEVER remember, and Chrissay, who's new to the dev side but kicking ass and taking names, and a number of other people that I have to go remind to write intro posts for themselves.

This is a team full of die-hard UO loyalists - say what you like about management, marketing, or me, but never doubt that the folks on the ground are busting various body parts, every day.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]I did. Ask several people on Great Lakes how much I was touting the future of the KR client.

And then they released it buggy and incomplete.

It remains so.

And now we have vague communication about the future of UO.

No... I'm really running out of positive things to say about the leadership of UO. Our last communication from the Producer was in June 2007. Seven months ago. The day that KR was marked as "live." There's a lot of irony in his announcement and the condition that UO was in at the time.

EDIT - fixed to proper quote... must have clicked the wrong one... heh

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

This is a team full of die-hard UO loyalists - say what you like about management, marketing, or me, but never doubt that the folks on the ground are busting various body parts, every day.

[/ QUOTE ]I don't question that they're busting various body parts. And having met Leurocian in person, I know he's passionate about the game.

Some of the others, I have no idea about.

But I do have to wonder how KR happened the way it happened, though, I suspect largely it was a management decision from up the food chain at EA.

Honestly, I really don't even question you in particular, save that you're the public face of the DevTeam, you and Bob. What I do question is the manner in which information is disseminated, or in this case, hoarded. The days of worrying about UO's competition learning about the "big plans" are long gone. UO hasn't had a competitor for years and years. Lack of regular content, bug fixes, plans, and communication are what's putting the nail into UO's coffin.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

Unfortunately, what they should be doing is fixing old stuff while adding new stuff. Believe me, if they spent a year doing nothing but bug fixes, there'd still be bugs, and fewer people playing the game because it was completely stagnant.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would take a grand total of what...2 publishes to fix many of the major bugs? I'm talking about major bugs such as faction commanders not able to transfer silver to towns they own. New content won't mean crap to anybody if the current game systems don't work.

To put it mathematically..

UO = Old Bugs.

New Content = New Bugs

UO + New Content = New Bugs + Old Bugs.

The new and old bugs also meld together on occasion to create totally unintended and unexpected results.

Do you add a new CD player to your car when the transmission is shot?

P

pallas

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

AGAIN, Jeremy... it is VERY difficult to just take what you say at face value. You can say that the team is hardcore UO all you want, but the proof is in the RESULTS.

Results we have not seen in FAR too long.

It's like, I dunno. You hear from people I LOVE tea cosies. LOVE THEM. Yet you never see them at my house, never see me shopping for them, and oddly never discussing them openly. Yet... somehow I love them.

We get nothing but what amounts to near deafening silence, eons between patches and things that are unfixed or not looked into that remain that way for AGES. We are told that you guys MUST remain silent on things like duping or scripting prevention but yet oddly have only done mass bannings what... twice... three times? It still goes on, and you can say you plan and work on it all you want but both you, I, and the more knowledgeable posters and players realize that is not the case.

As a side note, Grimm was responsible for the 'look' of KR. You know, what most stated was muted, muddy, and poorly put together. I'm not sure really how much a stamp of love that is, to be honest. If he (and the team) were really listening to the players the art would and should have had a COMPLETELY different look.

U

_Uriah Heep_

oooh bad Jeremy, she gave us permission to say bad things.

Okay
Marketing sux! Well, that isnt fair, exactly, can a totally non-existent thing suck? Perhaps Fayled can break this one down for me

Management, hmm, on a scale of 1 to 10, an 0.5 perhaps.

No problem with the team itself, I liken it to a ship. The sailors can man the ship and fix the sails, paint, swab the deck, raise the anchor, but unless the
Captain takes charge and tells em, Due North! or whatever, they will never arrive anywhere and drift aimlessly into oblivion...or Louisiana

Jeremy? Really no problem with her, she can only do what she is allowed to do, and say what she is allowed to say. Gonna have to prune the branches further up the tree than her, to get rid of the disease, i'm afraid.

Alright, back to game, see yall in a while

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

It would take a grand total of what...2 publishes to fix many of the major bugs? I'm talking about major bugs such as faction commanders not able to transfer silver to towns they own. New content won't mean crap to anybody if the current game systems don't work.

[/ QUOTE ]If it were really just 2 publishes to fix many of the major bugs, it would already have happened. And what you consider to be a major bug doesn't even affect 95% of the playerbase, so while yes, it's a huge bug in a system, it doesn't have a huge impact.
<blockquote><hr>

To put it mathematically..

UO = Old Bugs.

New Content = New Bugs

UO + New Content = New Bugs + Old Bugs.

The new and old bugs also meld together on occasion to create totally unintended and unexpected results.

[/ QUOTE ]Very true, but you can't look at it that way in its whole, because you're waving a wand that all the major bugs could be fixed near instantaneously, and forgetting that while maybe you're content with the existing content, most players are looking for that "something new." Consider that most of UO's playerbase are long-term players. There are very few new players to appease.
<blockquote><hr>

Do you add a new CD player to your car when the transmission is shot?

[/ QUOTE ]Inept analogy. If the transmission was shot, I couldn't drive the car. UO is still playable (at least on one client). Would I add a new CD player to my car if the passenger door lock was broken? Depends a lot on how many passengers I have and how much I want a CD player.

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

Jeremy? Really no problem with her, she can only do what she is allowed to do, and say what she is allowed to say. Gonna have to prune the branches further up the tree than her, to get rid of the disease, i'm afraid.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a long post written, but I realized this was the internet and it doesn't matter. But that quote is basically a good summary. 90% of it is EA corp, not the team.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]I have no idea because I don't really know who does what anymore. I feel that leadership has made some major poor decisions the last couple years, but it seems many of these leaders are gone. Now we're told that this crew is UO loyalists, and that excites the heck out of me. Do I think Jeremy is a nice person? Yes I do and I think she has a very tough job and is limited in her resources which makes her the brunt of all GM service attacks which I have also been involved in. Unfortunate. I'm ever the UO optimist, but without new content in a couple years, and what appears to be a poorly executed release of KR, I think like most people are greatly discouraged and DESPERATE for some BIG positive news.